Charter Communications

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

** male. Been coming to our subdivision for months. Won't go away when you tell him you are not interested. Has a Spectrum shirt on. Please check records to see who is assigned sales for Zip Code 29680. THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE FIRED. He threatens little old ladies in this neighborhood, demanding to come in the house, demanding names. He may, or may not work for Spectrum, but I demand it be checked out.

When I first got it it was fine, no issues or problems but once I got my tower fix nothing but problems. I have two techs come out and say wires were bad. Well were fix the second tech was at my place for three hours and the internet was going in and out with him and he sees it and says nothing with the internet. It was my tower that is causing it. Well those do not combine totally two different issues but now all I have is internet going in and out the whole time on the computer and it's very annoying. When I had time Warner cable I never ever had a issues and they were on top of their services... it needs to go back to them and get rid of Spectrum. Worse service ever. Cant wait to get paid to get another provider. Would not recommend Spectrum to no one not even my worse enemies.

I initially signed a one-year contract with Time Warner Cable for wireless internet connection in my home. I was quite content with them, and any problems that arose were addressed promptly and politely. Upon the termination of my contract, Time Warner Cable had become "Spectrum" and the standard monthly price that I had been paying consistently throughout the year went up by an additional $20 per month. Assuming that they had made some sort of mistake with my monthly bill, I contacted customer service with my concerns. They informed me that because my contract had expired, my new rate was now $60 per month instead of the $40 that I had been paying.

I am a full-time college student and really can't afford to waste another $20 a month, so I was hoping that some happy resolution could be reached. But after a brief conversation with a representative (who couldn't seem to want to get off of the phone with me any faster) and even trying to start a brand new contract in my mother's name to get the original price restored, I was rudely dismissed and left feeling very devalued as a loyal customer to this company. I would also like to mention that in the month prior, I had purchased a $200 modem/router at Best Buy that specifically listed them as a company that is compatible with it - all in the assumption that I would be doing business with them for years to come. So, in short, if you want to pay much higher rates than necessary and be treated like garbage after being a good customer, Spectrum is definitely the company for you.

I've had Time Warner for the last three years and earlier this year, Spectrum took over providing our services. Since then, EVERY day, several times a day, we experience an outage in our internet service. EVERY day, several times a day, I have to manually switch bands in order to have internet service. I have spoken to Spectrum no less than six times about this issue. They have sent a technician to our home six times. Each technician promises that the problem will not happen again yet within 24 hours of their visit, out internet goes down anew. At no point, has Spectrum offered to discount my continually interrupted service. I finally demanded a credit on my account and they offered me a measly $21 credit for 6 months of inadequate and inconsistent internet service.

I have not canceled our services because we are moving in 6 weeks and it makes no sense to change providers for such a short time frame. And thank goodness, we are moving to an area where we have options for other service providers, none of whom are Spectrum. For anyone reading this, if you are considering subscribing to Spectrum, don't! And if you have Spectrum and like us, have horrible services from them, make it public. Write a review here. Contact the FTC. I have. Make your voice heard. There has to be some way to get through to the disembodied behemoth that is Spectrum.

I've been dealing with Spectrum for the last six weeks over my June bill, which was paid via electronic banking, as always for years. They claim they never received it. Have faxed them banking info twice. Said they never got it, so they told me to email it, which I did, and still it isn't enough to prove that the bill was paid. They want more info. This is all a span of about six weeks, hours on the phone, digging, printing, copying, faxing, being stressed out, trying to explain to people who don't seem to understand, all due to THEIR mistake. Now they are telling me the Discover card is "rolling" or something or other. I've NEVER had a discover card in my life!!! It's not paid with a credit card! It's paid thru electronic bank transfer. They said, well someone else has been paying my bill, 9 out of 12 times in the past year it's been paid with a Discover card.

Well, if that is the case, then they've been getting double paid. No one else has paid my bill. I wish they would. Except that one June payment they somehow didn't get. They've crossed accounts somehow, (since I moved to a different state, and they had me in the wrong town here, which I've told them numerous times to fix, and never have) and I think they are crediting my account with someone else's payments, and probably sending my payments to someone else's account. Just spent another hour on the phone and the girl seemed genuinely trying to figure it out, but then at the end, she was like, "I don't know." …kind of like, “Sorry about your luck.”

They want to know the last four of my credit card. I DON’T PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD!!! OMGEE. I gave them the last four of my checking acct. (I know there's a scam going around calling people saying they are late with their bill and asking for CC info, or bank acct. info. This is not the case here. I've verified that it's Spectrum who is calling and I call them back.)

Today I sent a complaint to the NC Attorney General's office. We'll see what they do. I want so bad to leave the service, but where I live there's only two providers and the other one is CenturyLink. Horrible service, and btw, Spectrum is pretty bad as well, in and out service every single day. Their Wi-Fi just doesn't work. It sucks that internet service is a monopoly and they can do anything they want. Something has to be done about this. They had a Facebook page that they had to take down due to so many complaints on there. There are support groups on Facebook. Please anyone join these groups, and let's rally together and fight this company. Maybe we all just need to cancel the service. We could do it all at the same time. If we can get enough people together, and get the media involved. One is called Complaints about Spectrum. The other is Time Warner Sucks. Please join!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Charter Communications?

I've had their internet since 2014 when it was Time Warner Cable. I never liked it when it was Time Warner and still didn't after it became Spectrum. Same crap service for even more money. I am now getting 6 times as fast service for less than I was paying for their 30MBPS service. I ran speed test from an ethernet connected computer and the highest I ever got was 20MBPS. I won't even mention the garbage upload speeds.

I have been buying my time to switch until Fiber came and this week my wish was made true. I am enjoying a real internet service provider now. I am so happy to not be giving them anymore money. I wish them out of business but you can't kill companies this big anymore. Taxpayers are just forced to save them like the banks. I hope that internet service becomes regulated like a utility because the internet is a necessity for just about everything today and crooks like Spectrum/Charter need to be reigned in from robbing people.

A few months ago, I was attracted to Spectrum (Charter) offer for switching services for TV, Internet, and Phone based on their claims of better service and a contract buyout from existing provider. Spectrum technical person came to my residence, DISCONNECTED MY NEIGHBOR'S cable and gave me that connection! I learnt that when my neighbor returned from vacation and complained. Spectrum sent a service agent to fix mistake.

Technician left about 30 YARDS OF UNBURIED CABLE from box to my house and said someone would come within 48 hours. It took Spectrum 4 WEEKS to send someone to complete the installation. On June 22, I sent the Contract Buyout form and the final bill from previous provider, that showed the remaining contract amount, as instructed to mycheck@spectrum.com. No response from Spectrum/Charter prompted me to open up a ticket on July 28th. A supervisor escalated the ticket (supposedly) and said it will be addressed within 48 hours.

No one from Spectrum/Charter contacted and I called them today, August 11. To my surprise, the ticket had been closed because Spectrum/Charter could not FIND MY DOCUMENTS. I offered to email it again, BUT THEY REFUSED TO ACCEPT AN EMAIL. This is a communication company and has problems with email communication? When I asked to speak to a Supervisor, was transferred to a rude lady J **, from Louisville, KY. She rudely stated that I need to fax the documents to them and it would take another 4 to 6 weeks for them to process. Worse was to follow. She hung up the phone on me when I stated that it was not fair for me.

PUSHING THE CAN FORWARD is all that Spectrum/Charter has done and not lived up to their still advertised claim of contract buyout. BEWARE. Is this the level of service we can expect from a service provider. It can be a long discussion, but said that Spectrum/Charter has chosen to deceive and cheat consumers in its attempt to gain business space.

This company ownership is a bunch of thieves... They have offered me in the switch over more for less. I currently pay $190. Twenty dollars a month more than I was when I was with Time Warner Cable and I had pay channels then - Showtime and HBO. If I switch fully to Spectrum and not keep my grandfathered in TWC services, I have to pay $240. for the same services without pay channels. The retention supervisor even said if she was me she would stay with my current TWC account. Just switching would cost me more money AND I would lose channels.

Charter internet service is laughable at best. When I try to sign on to pay I get redirected over and over, then I'm charged a late fee because of their crumb website. Tried to lower the astronomical 70.00 JUST internet service, they said they couldn't do it. I'm stuck with them because they are the only company to service my area. :(

I worked for Time Warner Cable for 10 years. When Charter (Spectrum) bought TWC my job was relocated to another state and I chose not to move. I decided to cancel service with Charter because I would no longer get it free and it is not reasonably priced in my area. The customer service over the phone was fine. Everything went smooth. They gave me my final payment amount and I gave my credit card info and was ready to be done with the company. I still had to take my equipment back so I did a search online for Charter offices. I took my equipment to the closest storefront on the list that was supposed to be open until 5pm. When I drove up at 3:30pm the store was already shut down with no cars in the parking lot.

So I go to the second location and they are open. I wait for 30 minutes in line. I hand over my equipment and the girl at the counter says that they cannot accept that equipment at that location. I ask why and she says because it is Charter equipment. I asked what company I was at. She said Charter. She looks at me as if this should all make perfect sense to me. Once I explained that she worked for Charter and I was returning Charter equipment she started to see why I might be confused. She said that they can only take Time Warner equipment because they used to be Time Warner. I asked if they could take my equipment and send it where it needs to go so I don't have time to run all over the county looking for someone to accept the equipment.

I was told they had no way of knowing what the account number on it was so they wouldn't be able to match it up to send it back. I asked if they could call and find out what my account number was. I was told THEY HAVE NO PHONES. I worked for this company. They have no phones?? After some heated discussions between me and the customer service rep (ha!) another man came over and told me I could call them and get the account number. I said great. What's their number? I DON'T HAVE IT. I said well can you look it up? The girl comes back and says they cannot. At this point I'm about to leave the equipment and just walk out. The man did look it up and gave me the number. I called and the person from Charter did not know why they needed an account number or why they couldn't take it back.

This company had 10k employees and bought a company with 80k employees. They are still trying to run it like a 10k employee company. I can tell you that they have spent probably 100 million dollars just relocating people to sit in an office where they don't need to be. My job worked with people all over the United States. They decided I needed to be in the same building as my boss. My boss didn't think so. So instead of leaving it alone they paid me a pretty hefty severance. They have centralized the entire company so there are thousands of employees that are either relocating or getting a severance. You want to know why your rates are going up? Poor business management.

Erratic service with multiple calls to them and service visits. Increasingly high costs in the absence of any other, viable provider (held hostage). Terrible billing procedures. Overall, a 1 star rating is better than they deserve.

End of May, I got offer from Spectrum change my ATT service to Spectrum. They promise to pay to ATT limit $500.00 for time left to end contract with ATT. I did it in June 21. I sent all documents to Spectrum for payments, and in this time (8/9/17) Spectrum still not paid my $151 to ATT. They told they not got my documents. But, I have confirmation from UPS Store, they got my documents.

Internet goes off at least 3 times a week. Very hard to get an appointment for service. When I finally did get a house call appointment the tech said that my connection to the split was crossed. Needless to say they were the ones who installed. Long story short 2 days after service call Internet went off again. Very disappointed with this company, ever since the service changed from Time Warner it has gotten worse. Unfortunately living in Hawaii we don't have much of a choice. They monopolize services and for us it's take it or leave it. Also price is outrageous for their bad service.

When I moved from the beachside I had to switch from iUniverse to Bright House to get DSL for this address. I had gotten an invitation in the mail from Bright House to get my wifi for 2 yrs at a fixed rate. The day my service was hooked up, the installer took my invitation card with his copies of my signed paperwork back to the office with him so it should have been in my file when the company changed to Spectrum. I didn't think anything of it at the time but Spectrum swooped in and apparently they don't feel they have to honor the agreement I had with Bright House.

It's been 1 yr. and out of the blue my bill went up $20 with no warning! I tried to get another provider and find they have this entire area all locked up, that is so not right! Well my lease is up in a few months, wanna take a wild guess who I will NEVER do business with again? I did not get compensation for all the times my wifi was out and had to "deal with it" so their greedy rate hike will be costing them in the long run, happy now Spectrum!!!

I have been a member of Bright House for 9 years in Florida. Love their service. Spectrum has been in place for short period. The customer service is horrible. Their team took no notes of conversation, they did not keep agreements we had in place. Their supervisor basically said, "Sorry my team sucks, but I see no notes from your conversation," so she could not assist in any corrections. I cancelled my service today with them after 9 years. Maybe if all the clients leave it will wake them up. But I doubt it, just another poorly ran merger. USE any other service you can find for phone, internet and TV.

Our internet is constantly going in and out, horrible lag when watching Netflix. Our TV isn't good either, the DVR only works when it wants to, and if you set the DVR to record a show for a later time it will always be pixelated and distorted and it's not able to be watched, you have to literally press "record" the moment the show comes on, which defeats the purpose of a DVR. We were lied to when signing up with Spectrum, the guy told us we would not have duplicate channels (standard and HD) when actually almost every HD channel had a duplicate which makes looking for a channel even more frustrating. He also made it very clear that we would be getting the HBO package for free but we actually pay an extra $20 a month for it. Overall we have been very dissatisfied with the terrible service and lies, well be going back to Frontier.

Never been late on paying for my subpar services - however one month I decided to use my checking account to pay instead of my card. Their website claimed it went through and payment was a success - and my balance was 0.00. Well, next month rolls around and my bill is $158 --- apparently it wasn't a success. Called Charter and they would not yield, even with showing them screenshots of their website STILL claiming the payment went through - so I had to pay their late fee (yea apparently I should have verified it went through on my checking account however I work part-time, go to school full-time, am a single mother of three with a LOT to do... Their WEBSITE needs to be fixed).

Next issue... I relocated to a different county. Because I told them I didn't want to transfer my services, I feel they treated everything thereafter poorly. I asked for my cancel date to be 7/28/17 at 10:00pm --- the THIRD lady I spoke with assured me that would be possible. I had an online class and finals in that class... They shut my internet off on 7/27/17 at 9pm. I immediately called and the first lady redirected me to "sales" which was CLOSED. So I called back, and was bounced back and forth between people, until I spoke to some manager who said there was nothing that could be done. They could turn it back on during business hours. So I called back in the morning and after being on the phone for an hour getting it reset back up, I was told it'd be on in 15 minutes or so. A few hours pass and I call back, and am told nothing was even started!!! Ridiculous. ANOTHER hour on the phone then they transfer me to someone else and they finally get everything back up.

Then when I go to cancel they offer me a $25.00 credit to stay with them as some kind of compensation. The service wasn't even great! My complex offered charter cable included in RENT, and Charter charged me for my own personal cable package because that's just "how it came". They're just horrible and I'd never go back. Another inconvenient thing is I can't pay their final atrocious bill online anymore and have to go through their crappy service or risk mailing them a check. Also, you "rent" their modem and router ---- it's MUCH cheaper to get your own if you're using them for internet services.

So we started our services with them years ago I'd say about 3 years ago with internet only. Everything there seemed fine until we decided to leave DirectTV services to go with them, Horrible decision. Our monthly statements were $112 for a year bundle of phone internet and cable, mind you we have only been with the bundle for about 2 years. And in those 2 years our bill has gone up 3 times. Every time they said it was because of the promotion ending, first time it went up to 120. We said "it's ok it's only a few dollars", then it goes up to 140. We said ok we just continued to pay the bill, and now they are trying to charge us $155. It's ridiculous so then I call to see what can be done to reduce our bill we pay every month before our statement is due.

So we consider ourselves good customers, the rep we first speak to says well there's nothing we can do, she can't lower the bill because it's the promotion ending, AGAIN! It's only been two years! I asked if I can cancel the phone considering we haven't used it once since we got it, she transferred me to a specialist, and he said no if we cancel it our bill would go up higher! WHAT! (He had a horrible attitude by the way) I asked to be transferred to a manager and he ignored my request, and continued saying that we should continue with this plan because if I switch to Spectrum (yeah you read right) if I switch to Spectrum plans we would get less for our money! (I thought I was already with Spectrum!) so I asked him if he was saying that if what he's trying to tell was that if spectrum was charging us more for a cheaper package and he said yes!

I said that was ridiculous I told him we'd rather cancel our services and be done with it and he simply said ok I asked what the fees were to cancel he said no fees just said to take the equipment to a twc store and that be it all I said was ok and he hung up!! So much for customer satisfaction, TWC HAS BECOME SPECTRUM AND ALREADY MADE A TURN FOR THE WORST. We are strongly considering going back to a contract with DirecTV, than continue with this rip off company anymore. They are no longer providing affordable cable and internet services!

I have had Charter for years, and now they have connected with Spectrum (or Warner Bros.). My internet is getting HIGHER!! They won't cut me any slack. I was paying 64.99.for internet only! I just called in to make a payment and they said it was 78.99! I spoke to a representative and they said, "No, it's 69.99, but you were a day late paying it last month and there was an 8.85 late fee attached." HOGWASH!! I have always paid it on the same time each month. I told him this, but it didn't matter, it's what the record showed and he wasn't about to do anything about it. People on fixed income can not afford their sky-rocketing increases and they are about to see a financial downfall because of it!!

I left DirecTV about 1 year ago and signed up with Spectrum. The worst thing I ever did. I signed up with a package. They came and did the install and left. We started to go through the channels and realized we're not get all the channels we signed up for. I called them and they told me that I would have to pay more for those channels and that their sales made a mistake and that I would have to pay more for those channels. Remind you they tell me this after everything is installed. I didn't pay for the channels.

Around 2 months later we had to have a tech come out. Because the channels were scrambling, freezing and when it does this the audio would snap and crackle very loud. And the audio would get loud during commercials and then very quiet during program. Had to keep the remote in my hand to watch TV. All the tech did is replaced a 2 month old box. For one tv when it did on all my tv did not make sense. He left and it was still doing the same thing.

Then months later my city contacted me because they install their line way too low across an ally. And that the trash truck were going to rip it off. Contact Spectrum told them what's going on. They sent out a tech. I was explaining what city said that needed to done. The tech gave me so much attitude and came after me with my wife standing there. This guy seemed drunk or on drugs. Again we have to call them about this guy in my ally. They send a supervisor out. Not surprising this guy was no help. He should of got that tech out of here. I mean the guy was going to hit me. Spectrum didn't do anything about it.

Now 2 months later we had a problem. The audio snapped and blow my left speaker on my tv. I called them again. They told me that they are going to do a damage report. They called me back very fast to tell me that they're not responsible for the tv. This guy told me it's my TV over the phone. I would like to know what school he went to learn how to tell people that their TV has a problem over the phone. They're not fixing my TV but the problem we have with the channels happens on all my TV's so it's not my TV but they don't ever want to take the blame. I recorded the conversion this last time and caught them in a lot of lies and switching their stores in the same conversation. Best thing I did. I will do that every time for now on. I feel I have enough evidence to take them to court.

I'm definitely leaving them. I will pay a little more for way better service. So make sure you record your calls when talking to these companies. By the way, their internet is not what they say it supposed be. My speed supposed to be 100 and it's 68. That's a problem. I have had all these problems less than one year. All I can say is record your call and don't be afraid to take them to small claims.

We started out with TWC, which in hand I was calling on a regular basis many times a month because every weekend we came home from working over the road we would have no connection or only one device in the house would connect but if another tried then the first one would get kicked off or freeze. This went on for several months before I could finally get a tech out to our home. We finally got a tech who came out. Said the initial one who set up our service had 7 connectors between pole and house so he replaced the cable and got rid of all the splitters. It worked ok for a couple of days and then same old, same old, all over again.

I started calling tech support and requesting a tech but they wanted to keep me on the phone for two hours at a time rebooting the modem over and over. No avail. Well Spectrum took over and we got a second tech. One who said that our previous modem which was brand new was not compatible and that we needed their free modem. We got it and still same problems. Called tech support again went around about service not working. Tech said I needed to upgrade so I went from 64mb to 100mb and of course not only was price going up from $46.99 to $109.99 she also said I needed new cable and that I was being charged an additional $199.99 for that. I said no I did not need new cable because TWC had replaced the cables a few months earlier because the wires were all spliced together by some tech previously. She says ok. If tech doesn't replace cables then no charge.

Tech arrives almost hour late. Says cables are good and no need to replace but that our modem which belong to Spectrum was outdated and that he was replacing it because as he said it was a dinosaur and mind you they had just put this one in less than six months prior. I get the bill and I was charged for new cable wiring and they charged us 270 thereabouts including tech fee for new wiring that he never did. So I call and they say they will pull up the recorded call and get back with me. That was almost a week ago and still no call. This is horror service all the way around. Bring other companies and services into our area and get monopolizing Spectrum out!!!

The Spectrum App allows you to watch TV and movies on your mobile computers (not laptops... no Windows machines). I use it on my iPads to watch tv in other rooms. But a couple of days ago, my app was disabled. Anyone who does not have iOS 9 on their Apple mobile (iPad, iPhone) is no longer allowed to use the Spectrum app. They took it away just like that. Since they started requiring their expensive boxes to watch television we've been relying on our mobiles to watch television in other rooms. They have no alternatives... if you don't have iOS 9 you're out. I don't dare upgrade a couple of my mobiles to iOs 9 because it would kill them. They offer no alternatives. They just say "too bad." Oh, and they are telling people to call Apple to upgrade. Um... iPhone and iPad owners don't do that, but their reps have been told that's the answer to give... throw it onto another company. Charter is really good at that.

I have a cabin on a lake in the Adirondacks. We do not have cell service so we depend on our landlines. I need to keep in touch with my aging parents in Queensbury. My phone was not working. After a week of "doing the chat" service... and calls to TRY to get someone to help me it was finally determined I needed a new modem. Waited two days and when the FedEx finally delivered and after trying to hook up it was determined they sent me the wrong one! I had to wait 2 days for a tech to come up. FINALLY RESOLVED. Yet the problem gets worse.

I had phone and internet but into a house I am having renovated close by. The contractors needed the internet while they are working to order what they needed. It worked for one day... and then nothing. I tried to call them at the number they give you... First person... could not help. She is still with Time Warner and until Spectrum updates her system she could not help me. She transferred me to another number. I got a recording that if I wanted a callback press 1. So hoping someone "A LIVE PERSON" would call me back I waited. The call came and to even more disappointing IT WAS MUSIC! I have spent several hours with this company... trying to get someone to HELP me... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY?

I just received their bill... REALLY... no phone for a week... and no internet for two weeks... but yet the bill comes! What is wrong... Do we not have enough stress in life without worrying if you have a phone or not... I only wish another company was available in my area. So they have us by the???. I would like to thank Spectrum for being one of the low level... stressful companies I have ever dealt with... Are you really an American Company? Or are you just screwing with us?

I was a customer of Bright House back in 2015, I was charged $99 plus tax for internet services that they only charged $35 for... Can't even understand the level of anger about this. Fought back and forth about that only to get one credited bill and then upsold to TV and internet for $99 but the bill was never ever that either... Bill was $145 after taxes and fees. I couldn't keep up with calling every month for adjustments etc. So I closed out the the account but kept the equipment. Called to get the understanding that disputing the bill but keeping the equipment with the intention to come back.

2017 I move and come back. I called. Explained the arrangement I had with keeping the equipment. They said we see your old bill etc will credit the equipment since you coming back. Turned in the TV portion of the equipment but is currently using the internet box. Promo with Spectrum was as promised. Was happy... Come home today they said I had an old bill so I need to pay over $300 to restore service. My current account mind you is paid on time and in full. No mention ever of anyone of this old bill business. In fact my first bill on the new account doesn't even say I ever owed anything previously. NEVER once mentioned I owed anything over and beyond the credits given for returned/ in use equipment.

They said there's not ENOUGH notes to determine what the details I was disputing or offers I was saying. So because I didn't call back after EVERY call to check for notes on my account I am held responsible for an old bill I already disputed with a company that doesn't even exist anymore. Told by 4 different managers there's nothing to be done. I switched providers as I'm on the phone with them and they say that's my option. NON caring company that could care less about any promise that was made or broken... Don't believe ANYTHING that anyone tells you even if you have it in writing.

Spectrum wifi is just horrible. There are unexpected crashes and a ** ton of lag spikes in video games and also buffers in any video content you'd like to play or watch. Trust me when I say this DO NOT GET SPECTRUM!!! Don't go through my struggles I've had. So many bans on MOBA games I play and 30 second waits on Youtube and Netflix videos.

I cancelled my service with Time Warner on 5/31 and was told I would receive a refund of 34 dollars. Fast forward 6 weeks and no refund. The first call I spoke to an idiot that said I was not due a refund. The second call I was told that it takes up to 8 weeks to receive the refund and to call back then. After 9 weeks I called again. Still no refund. While the girl I talked to was helpful she told me she would issue a replacement check and put a rush on it because it should take another 4-6 weeks for me to receive. We shall see if I receive this one. I cancelled because of poor service and I am amazed at how a company like this continues to operate unbelievable poor service. Do you think they would wait 12 weeks for payment?

Spectrum claims they are better than Brighthouse, but they are not. We have had many issues with them. 1st issue they were to come and hook up internet service: took off work from 8am-10am. Seen them drive by at 8:30am, went outside to see if what was going on and they were sitting up in the circle in our parking lot for about 15min. We assumed they would come back, they didn't. Instead at 9:40 am we received a call from Spectrum saying they drove by and went on to the next customer. Could we wait there another 2 hours (Hell NO!) We need to get back to work.

That cost us $50 for hours lost waiting there for them. Finally they came and hooked up service. Then our service was shut off for non-payment, even though I made a payment in the amount of $213. I called them, they couldn't find out where our payment went. But wouldn't turn service back on (3-5 business days), even though I provided the entry on my bank statement showing payment to them in the amount of $213. Instead we would have to wait until ticket was complete.

Come to find out (after 2 weeks with no service) they had posted payment to another customer's account. They turned the service back on and promised service would not be disconnected. They also said they would put in a ticket for that payment to be corrected, posted to my account and late fees and service fees would also be credited back to my account.

Then today service was shut off, even though there were notes on our account saying "Service should is not be shut off." Called Spectrum today (I was on the phone with them yesterday for over an hour), they are not going to turn service back on until they have shown the payment of $213 on our account. Told to take their services and shove them where the sun don't shine and I won't be paying them another penny.

I have had a Roadrunner email account with Spectrum (formerly) Bright House for 20 years. I have switched around cable companies during this time and ALWAYS maintained the same email address. I have not had cable service with Brighthouse or Spectrum (as it is now) for years. All of a sudden last week they cancel my email account. When I called customer service (and I use that term loosely) I was told I must have 'fallen through the cracks' and now Spectrum had taken it down. I certainly think the LEAST they could have done was give me a little warning so I could let everyone know I was changing email addresses after 20 years. I am in the process of shopping new phone/cable for my business move and I can promise you I will NEVER use Spectrum either business wise or personally and make sure everyone is aware of their idea of 'customer service'.

I have absolutely no good words to say about this company! They are the worse in every department. I will explain: My parents bought a house so I went online to find them a bundle deal. (I live with them to help take care of them) I work from home a lot so I needed internet. My father loves baseball so he wanted the MLB channel and we needed a house phone line because reception on the cells in that area are horrid. Anyway, all that is available is DirecTV (but they don't offer internet and phone) or Time Warner Spectrum. Ok so Spectrum it is! I get the number online and call them. I get them to give me a quote for 6 TVs (4 dvrs), phone and internet. They give me a quote of approximately 128.00 after taxes and fees with a 49.00 installation. Great!

My mother then calls to set up an appointment to have this turned on. She asks to talk to Steve, who helped me. They didn't give her Steve, instead someone else checked the notes and told her the figures Steve gave me were wrong. They quoted her 178.00 with a 49.00 installation fee. And they required the 178.00 up front. My mother paid it. And set up an appointment for that Friday at 8-9am. I told my boss that I was going to work from home Friday because of unpacking and Spectrum should be on first thing in the morning so I'll be able to be online! Great! Friday morning at 9:30 we put a call in to Spectrum because no one showed up. They first told us the order had been cancelled! By who they couldn't tell us.

When we argued that we didn't cancel, they changed the story to "we were scammed" because they don't require payment up front (mind you the money never came out of the account. We cancelled that card on Saturday). So the lady says she can't do anything for us until Monday but transfers me to Carol who could possibly expedite the order. Carol tells me that she cannot expedite the order but I can do an easy install where I pick up the equipment and install it myself. Great! Except I have 1 or 2 rooms that are going to need wiring. Oh well then an easy install won't work. I argue that we can install the internet and the other TVs and still have the tech come out Monday. She transfers me to Joe. Joe listened to my ordeal then puts me on hold where I am intercepted by Mark in dispatch. Mark tells me that I can get the equipment and do a partial install and still have the Tech come out. Thanks Mark!!

He expedites the order and tell me to let the store know that they have to activate the line to the house for it to work. OK I now have an appointment for Saturday and I can get up and running as soon as I pick up the equipment 12 miles away! I can do this and still work even though I just spent an hour and a half and talked to 5 CSRs. I hop in my car and head to Spectrum. I go in, take a number, and wait 5 mins. Liz calls my number. I tell Liz what Mark told me, and she says "Nope I'm not doing that. You have a truck order and that's the way it stays." Really??? I said Mark in dispatch told me that I can do it this way. She then tells me that I have to take that up with Mark because they can't see what dispatch does in their computer. WOW. After arguing a few minutes with her and getting nowhere. I leave with all of them laughing at me because of how frustrated I became.

I call Spectrum yet again and get Hoyt (Very nice gentleman). He tells me not deal with the people in the office and just wait on the tech to come out Sat between 6-7. OK I'll do that. Sat at 6:35 I call Spectrum to make sure someone is coming out. I am told that CSR cannot view dispatch orders and to wait til 7 before I call back. Surprisingly, Spectrum never showed up! But I still had an appointment for Monday 3-4pm. So we do some more unpacking and cleaning and wait til Monday. I am already going to be in hot water at work for not getting the work done over the weekend.

On Monday, the tech shows up at 12:30 happy that he's early. No he's about 3 days late! He stays all day (til 6pm) installing everything. My mother and husband are texting me letting me know how nice this guy is and what a great job he's doing. I get home and there are wires run everywhere! They go across the windows in my bedroom and they are stuck in the back of my daughter's bedroom door and being damaged. It was a mess. Mind you there were wires already there running from the ceilings. The tech decided these needed to be changed out and just ran wires all over the place. We have cement exterior walls that he didn't want to drill through. UHM the wires were already coming from the ceiling!!! I couldn't believe the resignation of all my family members in the house.

The mood was "at least now we can watch TV and you can work. We'll deal with the rest."

Spectrum did a good job wearing down a couple in their 70s so much that they were just happy with whatever shoddy work that was done at an over-inflated price! I guess it doesn't matter that there are 2 elderly people and a disabled man in a house with wires strewn everywhere. Way to Go Spectrum. I hate this company and would not be using them if there were anything else in my area! By the way, I can't wait to get the first bill!!

This company is beyond disgusting! Their representatives are rude, unprofessional, and mentally challenged. They repeat themselves with a required unnecessary script, which has nothing to do with the topic or issue at hand! Brandon is who I spoke with in particular, did not inform me that he was putting me on hold, after I told him that he cut me off when I was talking, then he cut me off again so I couldn't do a survey on him!! I work too hard for my money to give this arrogant ignorant, ungrateful company another cent! My Internet and TV is around 250$ a month!!! They have pissed me off for the last time. May just go to the BBB... We, the customers need to stand up and stop giving our hard earned money to this incompetent and unworthy company.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1993, Charter became a Fortune 500 company in 2001 and serves more than 6 million customers nationwide. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.

• Tiered bundle pricing: Consumers can add extra channels to their package, as desired, with three tiered options along with bundled Internet and telephone service. Plans range from 125 to more than 200 channels.
  • Fiber available: Customers in select areas can use fiber connections for extra high-speed Internet.
  • No contracts: Consumers are not required to sign a contract for the company's bundled services, and they can stop using the service at any time.
  • Free HD: Customers receive access to more than 200 HD channels for free.
  • Large volume of on-demand programming: Charter offers a high volume of on-demand content, with more than 10,000 titles.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers