1.44/5

2380 Charter Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Customer service representative Kristina was the snarkiest and rudest person I've ever dealt with in customer service. Every time I would ask a question she would give me some smart** response and tell me why the other internet companies were worse than them. I waste my time looking for other providers because they told me they couldn't do anything about my bill going up to an extra $20 a month after being with them 3 years. Then I call to disconnect and magically they can reduce the price, but again only for a little while.

I say I want to still disconnect their services and without asking me which day she says, "Okay your internet is now off." I needed a one day window and wasn't given the chance. Then she tells me I have to drive 1 and 1/2 hours to drop off the modem, I ask to speak with a manager, and she sits on the phone with me for 30 minutes waiting. Finally tells me there is no manager, but I can get a home pick up at only the service address if I can commit to being home one day for a full 12 hours to wait.

What world does this company provide service in? The one where people who work hard for a living don't want to pay $70 a month for internet, or drive 1 1/2 hours, or sit at home for 12 hours to return equipment to a company that is horrible in the first place. I asked billing history questions while I was on the phone with her "waiting for her supervisor", and said she would transfer me, even though she had the information in front of her and wasn't doing anything anyway. SO unhelpful, so rude. Thanks for making leaving your services so difficult and exhausting Charter. If I could give zero stars I would! Stay away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We moved & transferred our service 4 months ago. Apparently they didn't close out the work order at our old address & apparently continued billing us for the old address and our new address. Only we never received any bills for what they were billing us at our old address. All of a sudden, we receive a bill in the mail for our old address for $1131. Now 2 days later, they've disconnected our service & they want their money. They mess up & they want their customers to pay for it. Is this really how to run a business? Don't waste your money. If they make a mistake, expect to pay for it!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

They recently updated their software. It has been disastrous since! They do not care, do not offer any change. They have the highest prices for the worst service. The cable often goes out, frequently cannot access on demand. They send people out to no avail. The service is very slow and crashes often.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I used to have Dish TV and one day I had a problem. I called their technical help and the sweet young girl from the Philippines put me on hold for 5 minutes came back and the problem was solved. In the two years I had them I never had any issues. Several times during powerful storms they went out but it was just for a couple minutes.

Now let's talk about Charter Spectrum. I've had them for a year because I cannot put a dish in my apartment. I've called at least 20 times for technical help to repair the guide and to make my DVR work properly. They never have been able to fix it. I got one $50 credit and that's it for a Year's worth of hassles. I've had the TV go out and no service at all half a dozen times. I've spoken to many technical advisors and the excuses, "Oh we are working on the guide," "We are having problems." But they never fix it. It's like having a car that you buy brand new and the radio doesn't work and they keep telling you that they're going to fix it but it never gets fixed! Charter Spectrum cable it's the worst rip off I've ever experienced in my entire life.

I am 64 years old and I'm absolutely shocked that in the year 2018 this cable company can't get the Guide to work properly. In addition the picture quality is absolutely dismal. Compared to Dish it is garbage terrible stuff. And evidently Charter Spectrum does not care that people are paying good money but they're not providing a good service and return. I think it is equivalent to theft. They are stealing our money and giving us nothing in return. I would never recommend that anybody get Charter Spectrum for anything. And their hundred megabytes internet? That's a joke! My TV only does Wi-Fi and my computer only does Wi-Fi. The fastest speed I ever get on my phone or computer is 20. I should be refunded 80% of my Internet bill because it's all I'm getting is 20% of what they promise.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I just got off the phone with a representative from Spectrum (Charter Communications) due to service issues with my modem. I asked for a supervisor, as this has not been my first issue, and was immediately transferred to the Supervisor Support Team. Please keep in mind that asking for a call center supervisor doesn't necessarily mean you will speak with the type of "Supervisor" you have in mind. Escalations in call centers are handled the same way as normal calls, but rather than speaking to a "floor representative" you will speak to a member of the "Supervisor Support Team". Christopher, the representative I spoke with, was straight to the point, humble, and honest, advising me that the credit the "billing" department would give me is totally separate from any credit I could be due from lost service. He advised that a technical service representative could take a closer look and issue credit for any "lost service" I had experienced.

I explained that I had no interest in speaking with the technical support department, (I cannot stand to talk to tech support), and I would be happy to accept any billing credits offered, and consider the issue resolved. Christopher applied a reasonable credit to my account for the issues I've been having with no additional hassle. I will be replacing my modem at my local store as soon as I get a chance. This was an exceptional experience with Spectrum (Charter) Customer Service, and I endorse this company as having reasonable customer service, in an expeditious manner. If you are considering this service, please, call and talk to someone within the business before blindly taking the reviews to heart. I had an exceptional experience. Thank you to anyone that took time to read this in its entirety and thank you Spectrum for resolving my issue. 5s across the board!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Charter Communications?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

This company is literally the worst that I have ever dealt with. I have had numerous providers for internet service and none of them have been this bad. Every single day my internet connections cuts out and when you call into their corporate office they say it’s because you don’t have a high enough speed to handle my usage. I literally only use it for Netflix and my phone is always off the WiFi (because it doesn’t work anyway) and it doesn’t work no matter which plan I have. I have to constantly reset my router and sometimes that doesn’t even work. I have had their fastest plan and their slowest and it does not make a difference. I only have them because I don’t have any other providers in my area. If I could pick anyone else I would. Not only does their service suck but their customer service is nearly incapable in helping you and they raise your charges all the time without notifying you. Stay away!!! Really!!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I have been a Time Warner/Spectrum customer for over 20 years, I’m very dissatisfied with the service now that it is Spectrum... My monthly bill goes up every six month and the operators that help over the phone are trained to say your promotional service has ended, that is why your bill is going up, every year they put me on a promotional service and that is not what I ask for. If you want to put me on a promotional service then leave my bill at the promotional rate it was at for the past year. I went from paying $120 to now $160, I will be changing service. Once I drop Spectrum don’t send me any material asking me to come back, you are losing a loyal customer. We need to ban them from California, they are a ripoff. I feel sorry for the people who work for that company, they have all been trained to lie to the consumers. I want to give 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My internet WIFI bill started at $50 a month which is reasonable. After the "promotional period" ended it went up to $60 a month, which was disappointing, but still not too bad. Less than a year after it reached $60 a month, it is now a whopping $70 A MONTH just for internet! Are you serious?! I called to complain about the 40% INCREASE with horrible, laggy, and spotty internet, and they basically told me that's just the way it is. I threatened to cancel service and they didn't in any way care AT ALL about losing a good paying customer. They do this because they know they're one of the only providers in my area. BOYCOTT SPECTRUM. Horrible service.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Just got off the phone with these low lives! The bottom line is this. You can complain all you want to they do not care! They are gangsters and if you have an issue they have an answer on the script that they read from given to them by upper management. When a company has as many complaints as they do and still give their customers middle fingers they do not care because they know there will be no consequences. I am so glad that they are getting kicked out of New York! Cant wait! Goodbye Charter/Spectrum whoever you are! And good riddance!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

It all started when it was still Time Warner Cable. It was 4 years ago when I started a second account for my very ill daughter. From the very beginning every month the bill was wrong, they always tried to get more money. Also, even though it is two different account numbers they would put a credit to the wrong account. Then, when the time came to clue the public, Charter was claiming they were so much better. HAHAHA!!! The problems continue, although it is no longer every month but, a whole set of more **.

For many months the bill would increase not always with notice. Top that with being given a Twenty Dollar discount on each account for having two accounts in good standing for 1+ years. Just, for it to be taken away 11 months later but, they started by taking giving me $3 less each month for three months than the rest of the remaining amount. When I called they argued with me that it was a promotion for one year when that was never said to begin with. That was a little more than a year ago and it is still on my second account. Gee! Now, they have disregarded the installation charges whenever I have upgraded because I am disabled and in a wheelchair. I called to upgrade because I got a new offer for DVR Service.

First off, sales and customer service could not find the new offer. Second, they will not take off the installation charges of $35 and, I have to pack up the box I have and find a way to go to the Post Office and mail it. I did tell them that I have no transportation and live in a rural area and it would be impossible. If it weren't for the fact that this was the only Cable company allowed in the building I live in, they'd been gone long ago. So, They charge a fortune, Lie, Are misleading and charge for things I don't think they should. Can someone tell me that cable companies are really charged by the local TV stations to broadcast the station???

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Well Charter almost fooled me into thinking they were a different company. Back in the late 2000s, I received cable and internet services from Charter and the service was ok. The problem surfaced when I cancelled the service and returned the equipment. They tried to charge me an astronomical amount for equipment that I had already returned. Finally, after many calls and heated discussions, the matter was settled and I said to myself - "Never again will I use Charter!"

Fast forward to 2016 and a young lady knocking at my door to state that she was with Charter and now they have "no contracts and are a Time Warner Company." Against my better judgment, I decided to give them a chance. The service was, once again, ok and everything went well until I decided to "cut the cord" and go with a streaming package with a different provider. I called and asked to have services discontinued on June 7 and shipped all of their equipment back on June 8 via UPS. I expected it to take a little time for the equipment to be received back and for the refund to be issued but I had no idea that I would still be waiting today for my refund.

The first call I made was on July 26 at which time I was told that according to the system, I still had their equipment. I explained that I did not as I had mailed it on June 8th. Then I was told that they would have to research this return before any refund could be issued. I was able to give them the tracking information, although they never requested it, to assist them in their research. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told that this matter would be escalated and I would receive a call back within 24 hours.

On July 30, I called because I never received that call on July 27. This time, I was told that a check had been mailed and to just allow 3-5 business days. Today August 9th, I called and spoke to a different supervisor who explained that because the equipment was showing as only having been received on July 26, there is a 2-4 week turnaround and it's only been two (2) weeks. No, the check has not been mailed - it hasn't even completed processing yet. So, I am writing this to help others and to encourage them not to make the same mistakes I have made! If you have options for your internet and television services, use them!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I am so sorry that I ever signed up for Spectrum TV. Just about every day I have problems. The VCR records half a show, you record a 1 hr. show and 55 min and miss the end of a show. Service drops out 2-3 times a wk. You call up and you get a recording. Not helpful. They claim hundreds of channels but all of them are repeated 3-4 times at different channel numbers. You think you are saving money but are paying for a lot of problems. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

What happened with Spectrum. Was very good service. Now worst customer service ever. Worst than Frontier. I have problems with my phone lines for 5 days and I'm pizza shop. My business is based on phone lines and nobody can fix for 5 days and nobody can give me answer when they gonna be fixed. I call technical support department about 20 times. No answer from them. Very rude employees. They told just seat and wait. When I get tired to talk to just employees I ask to transfer to supervisor or manager. They just hang up on me. They did 3 times. One guy left note for supervisor is told me supervisor call back in 45 min but supervisor never call me.

I placed 3 work orders on Aug 2, Aug 3, Aug 4 for technician to come to my restaurant to check for the problems. All those 3 days nobody show up and was placed 3 work orders on Sat. I receive call from dispatch and she told me technician comes Sunday in the morning. I ask her maybe I can change the time and oh my God I heard from her what I never don't heard in my life. She was so rude. Looks like she want to fight me on the phone. I was paying $200 a month for the service. HORRIBLE SERVICE. What HAPPEN with Spectrum. They have to bring back Bright House back.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Been a customer for over 10+ years and prices just keep rising! Over $200+ dollars for nothing. Internet is slow, not willing to take it anymore that I cut it all off two days ago! Won't give any deals to existing customers. Just new customers.

Original review: July 30, 2018

First off, the equipment and services that Charter offers versus the other companies I have used (Cox, Eatel, and DirecTV) is way behind their competitors, especially considering that it is the most expensive service I have had as far as monthly subscription payments go. Secondly, the service itself is unreliable. Twice in the last week alone I have experienced full cable and internet outages, the longest of which lasted several hours. I reported it, and received the option to be notified when it turned back on, but only during their normal business hours (it was late at night when these occurrences happened). I constantly experience problems with my DVR service. On average about 2 or 3 days a week I can’t use the channel guide or record programs.

I went to their website to try and submit a complaint to them, and the “contact us” link on their website is essentially a wild goose chase of links that run the user in circles - never actually contacting anyone. I got repeatedly got redirected back to the start without contacting anyone. Any time I have contacted them via their phone number it is a difficult process, and often times their customer service reps are rude and all seem poorly trained; I can talk to one person about an issue and be told one thing (i.e. "This is what needs to be done to fix this issue"), call back an hour later, and be told something completely contrary to what the first person told me in regards to the same issue. I have experienced this with regards to email addresses, billing, outage, etc. All in all Charter is the absolute worst cable/internet provider I have ever had the displeasure to patron.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have had Charter/Spectrum and TW now for 2 years for both TV and internet. It was stable and did not have too many price increases but now I have moved to an area they do not serve so I terminated my account and now attempting to return their equipment which I have now taken at least 4 hrs today and 8 phone calls all with conflicting information. I wasted an entire work day and have made zero progress. Tomorrow I start again as I now just want to be done with these guys. The underbelly has really shown itself to me. I was going to give them a decent rating but truly they have wasted so much of my time that they deserve to know. Upon attempting to ship their equipment back they initially stated that I could take it to any UPS store and even without boxing it they would take it from there as they have special agreements with UPS. NOT even close.

The UPS store told me to have them send me a shipping address and not just a bar code as they cannot read their bar codes. They cannot send me a UPS or even give me a shipping address to ship this back to without escalating it to their Escalation Dept which will eventually call you back. A total of 8 phone calls all asking the same info and all with conflicting info. "We will send you a box and label and you can then take it to the nearest." The next CSR said, "No. We don't do that anymore." One gave me a UPS store 42 miles away and told me it was just 10 miles away. NOT. One said they can send a local to pickup this equipment in a day or two and the next one said, "No, we cannot do that."

This went on for hours today wasting my entire day and here I sit now waiting for a simple answer. Send me a shipping label like everyone else in the world does and I can manage it from there. "Cannot do that." Need to go to another dept. "Is there anything else I can do for you???" Grrr. Total failures to communicate even the simplest of process. They are broken! Spend your money elsewhere if you have a choice.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I sold my house and moved to Hutto Texas. I shopped around and found Spectrum appeared to have the best offers over ATT and others. Well this is a warning to all who choose Spectrum package. I was first informed the installation was free even though I had to have two rooms added as I did not have cable outlets in 2 of them. The salesman on the phone said there is no issue. It is free.

When the service tech arrived he installed the modem phone and one connection to my main living room TV. I stopped him and stated what about my other 2 rooms. He stated no that would cost an extra 120 dollars and he was not equipped to do this. When I stated the salesman said the 2 extra drops were free he stated, "Yea the salesman always mess up and promise everything to get the sale." I told him that is fine and please schedule the install. I was not happy. Next the installer came 5 days later and installed the drops and we paid them a total bill of over 400 dollars.

I was on the plan the package plan for all their services which should have been approx 120 a month. With all the added charges it ended being 140 a month. I decided to get the next step up which then turned my bill into 170 a month. Not bad I assume for phone internet and TV. I did not want the phone. Even though it seems high I still said, "Well I can live with it." WATCH OUT!!! After 12 months my bill went from 170 to 240 monthly. I then contacted them and removed the phone service as I did not need it. Big mistake. My next month's bill was 259. I called and they told me it went up because I was no longer on the package plan.

Now think about this. I paid 2688.00 for 1 year with them on their 109 monthly advertisement actually to be precise 109.85 with the highest speed internet they offered. That is 1319.00 yearly which I paid almost twice the advertised price. I called them and tried my best to deal with their customer service and was told there was nothing they could do and the price was the price. I do like their internet speed and before I moved I was a customer of Cox now known as Suddenlink which I know is now owned by Charter for over 20 years and never had this terrible rip off service. My warning is when your year is up GET OUT FAST!!!

I still use only their internet which is 100 a month as when I left Suddenlink it was 79 but I do not mind spending a little extra but the speeds are the same. Since Charter have Suddenlink now it is most likely the same. I now have DirecTV which has more to offer for only 80 monthly. Do not let them fool you with their no contract garbage. They use that to take you to the cleaners. I would sign a ten year contract with a provider if I knew exactly how much a month it would cost. GET OUT after a year. They will take you for every dime you have and offer no solutions as I assume they figure they have plenty of new customer to bill. I only pray in time there will be more competition in my area as it is a shame for companies to take advantage of their service.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I called Spectrum to upgrade my service. They gave me a time between 3 and 4 and said it would be 99 dollars upgrade charge for modem and tech would have to come out to upgrade my business class service. I told her I work on major networks for living and she stated that she would still have to dispatch someone. I agreed and took half of vacation day. They also told me that tech would call me 20 minutes before arriving. We agreed.

Next day I waited and did not hear from anyone. So at 3PM I called support and a lady stated that tech has been assigned and would be calling. At 4:15 no one still called. So I called back and they escalated to another department. I get a call back at 4:45 and lady stated they overbooked and no one could be there today. Can they reschedule. I wasted whole damn day waiting for them only to tell me it's their fault but you are S.O.L. It got little amusing after a while when their service called to find out how the service went. Did the tech resolve my issues. My opinion: Spectrum don't give a ** about customers they have. They only care about signing up new customers because it looks good for stockholders. If you have another option in your area go with them because as I said before Spectrum is a terrible company.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Had Verizon before. Saw Charter offer better deal and faster internet service. Switch to Charter and instant regret. Paid over $159 for internet installation, another $50 for first month service. Internet service keep disconnecting every 15 minutes every day. Called customer service more than 8 time, every time waste 20 minutes on automate system. Had service agent came over. Try to fix 3 times. Still have disconnection issue. Finally decided to cancelled the service after first the month because internet don't work at all.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I've talked to several agents regarding my Charter account. All agents were VERY RUDE!!! They transfer you to different departments & keep you on extensive holds in hopes you HANG UP!!! You are then left with NO resolution!!! These people are horrible! I am being charged $200.00 a month for basic cable service & 1 Showtime channel. When reviewing my account current services, the total is $164.79.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Made some changes to my account, they refunded two payments of money to the wrong accounts, and kept sending bills. They had no idea where the payments were going, because they were sending the money to the wrong accounts. After they figured out where the money went, they basically left it up to me to get my money back. They basically acted like it was now a "personal problem". Very unfair.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've consistently had poor customer services with Charter Communications in Brevard County Florida, including an installer who lied about showing up at my place and "missing" us, when there were no fewer than six of us at the small house all day, with the front door open. When I reported this to the cable company, no one I spoke with cared. Today, I attempted to speak with support three times to find out if their credit card system was down. The last time I stared at a chat window, waiting for someone to response for 75 minutes, at which point I closed the call. When I called, they wanted to bill me $5 to speak with someone. This is apparently a marketing company that cares little about customers. Can I give them zero stars?

Original review: June 24, 2018

Recently Charter started blocking 90% of the content I watch on my Fire TV Device. I called them about it and they lied to me saying the problem was Amazon server issue, if they tell you that, don't believe it because I now subscribe to a VPN service and can see more TV and movies than ever before. FYI.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I keep losing my cable TV programming. Although I pay for the fastest internet service, my service is slow. Spectrum technicians have been out at my house several times, but none have been able to fix the problem. Each technician has submitted a maintenance request, but after repeated phone calls over a two week period, I'm still waiting on SPECTRUM technicians to respond. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend this internet or cable provider. I really need to start streaming my TV programs.

Original review: June 20, 2018

On the phone for 2 hours and 48 minutes. Every single person we talked to lied and had no idea what the other areas we're talking about. They had us upgrade our package so we could stream cable through our PS4’s. Well you can’t do that but 2 different members of Spectrum said we could. So I asked to just give us back our internet only. Mind you we’ve had service for only a month with them, they said we can’t. It’ll be more now after dropping a service!!! We never had the service. They told us wrong. I never hooked it up. It wouldn’t work!!! Talked to a manager and they said the same thing. Just lie after lie. Oh by the way we are paying for 300mb and don’t ever get 200 which I called about in the same call. They accomplished nothing. So 2 hours and 48 minutes and we got our bill raised on our internet from 39.99 to $90. What a bunch of bs!!! Don’t get Spectrum. The biggest rip off artists of all time.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been trying to get service with Charter Communications in my home and have not been able to. I have been trying for 13 years now and I keep getting told my address is not serviceable. After 13 years of trying I feel the company should run the wiring so I can get service from them. I am not far from a road that has the service ran on. I am very very unhappy and upset. I can't get their service after 13 years of trying (since I bought my home on 4-1-2005). There should be something that can be done about this.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We are paying 67 dollars just for internet included taxes. Decided that internet cable would be a good saving for us, because DirecTV, was getting expensive $150.00 dollars so they offer us streaming cable, we thought it was going to be great! 2 packages, English and Spanish channels, for about $50.00 a little bit higher. So we needed Roku to get access, we bought it $100 about for the device, bring it home, just to get into the app, and move the controls was upsetting to me. I don't watch TV, but I need to know how it works because my mom watch Univision, Unimax and Telemundo, my dad watch, Sur, Peru, Peru, Magico and other news channels, my husband of course NFL it must be a must.

So, when I try to watch Univision, it didn't show me in my guide, no Sur Peru and other channels, I call Spectrum, and found out, that with Roku, I only see some channels, not all the channels I suppose to see, or what I paid for, they said, that I would be able to see it only if I rent the box, so, since my mom is the one who watch more TV, I rented the box, easy to use for my mom, but later, sometimes channels will work, and sometimes not, like every time I open Univision or Sur Peru, it will show me: currently unavailable!!!

OMG I have to call then, I have to follow directions to do the reset, my goodness. After 30 minutes I have TV again, so this was going on and on, but I am done with the last one, and it was like a week ago, when Peru had a friendly games with the Emirates Arabs, I couldn't find the channel, so I call Spectrum again, and they said those games are only available pay per view. WHAT??? That was the main reason I order for, I spoke with the guy for about 1 hour, because I want him to understand what I want, and I spoke him in Spanish, my language!!! My own language and I ask him more than 3 times, "Are you sure I will see the world's cup with this package," "Yes ma'am," yes yes yes, and now, I can't. So, for trying to save some money, I ended up, expending more money. I am getting rid of it now, it's not worth it.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Spectrum Cable in Hawaii is one big rip off. They are the only cable service for my area and they are just a horrible company to deal with. Now that they have gone HD everyone has to get a HD box which causes you to not get regular basic channels you might enjoy. You have to upgrade another $50/mo to get what you were already getting. They force me to have two accounts because of a refrigerator in one of my bedrooms. My advise is to drop Spectrum Cable for television and get yourself an Apple TV and download apps. When I disconnected my television service my bill went up!!! They are just the worst. I beg another cable provider to come to my area in Waialua, Hawaii. I will drop them ASAP. Spectrum Cable is run by criminal mafia pigs, creeps... they have no Aloha and should leave Hawaii. To charge for each television is ridiculous. I pray for the day I can drop them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

In moving my service to a new address and making changes to my service (which was really complicated in and of itself and impossible to do online) the customer service/sales guy gave me a price of $174 for the Gold package. After hanging up, I wondered "Was this price a promotional one?" so I called back. Yada-yada... the person with whom I spoke this time informed me that the service (Gold, same thing) was be $145 per month, and that the price would in fact go up approximately $20 after a year. Good enough.

I ask where I might view the prices and packages, to which she replied that such a list was not available, as there were "so many variables." Not wanting to be on the phone any longer, after I pointed out how odd that was, I ask that she send me the price as we had discussed, along with the detail (I mean, I got one price before, and here is a different one!) Which she indicated would go out automatically as I was changing my service. However, I never got that email, so I called again! This customer service person, when I asked about an email, indicated that Spectrum did not (although the said could not) email customers directly, but was thinking of doing that soon. An internet service provider that can't e-mail!

After pointing out that they do and can email, as that is how I get my bill, and much back and forth trying to get her to acknowledge how strange it was not to provide something indicating what we can expect from each other (she never budged!) she put me on hold, and finally said that her "supervisor would email me (at the email address she had, to which I receive my bills)." I am still waiting. Again - Spectrum - internet service provider - can't/won't e-mail pricing (which is nowhere to be found).

Original review: May 22, 2018

They promote "no contracts" but it is in their favor! I was getting very little for $196 monthly - then in Feb 2018 it jumped to $214 - in April to $225 and when I received my May statement it is now $236.00!!! This just feels illegal - it is wrong!

Charter Communications expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1993, Charter became a Fortune 500 company in 2001 and serves more than 6 million customers nationwide. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.

• Tiered bundle pricing: Consumers can add extra channels to their package, as desired, with three tiered options along with bundled Internet and telephone service. Plans range from 125 to more than 200 channels.

• Fiber available: Customers in select areas can use fiber connections for extra high-speed Internet.

• No contracts: Consumers are not required to sign a contract for the company's bundled services, and they can stop using the service at any time.

• Free HD: Customers receive access to more than 200 HD channels for free.

• Large volume of on-demand programming: Charter offers a high volume of on-demand content, with more than 10,000 titles.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, households on a budget and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs