1.1/5 (31 ratings)

About Broadstripe Cable

Broadstripe Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broadstripe Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broadstripe Cable?

Original review: June 30, 2015

Disconnect for late balance $24 and some change. WOW... How petty. I was told it was the length of time the fee was owed. The bill is always paid after the 3rd of the month. If $143.00 of balance was paid with June bill why not wait to see if the $24.00 would be paid with July bill? It's paid every month over the phone. That is very bad customer service and it's not like you have the best service. I'm helping my daughter hopefully she will be doing better soon and won't need your service. There are lots of people doing badly and you are also. If you weren't you would be upgraded to Comcast and Verizon.

Original review: June 23, 2015

I would Never say Anything Good about Broadstripe! Their service is by far the worst ever! I have a Bundle Deal & the internet is always very slow & keeps shutting down! I ask for my number to be changed on my phone on Thurs & today 5 days later have not heard back with the new number! I can't receive any calls, can only make them! My old number still comes up, but I can't receive calls! I have now called BS 6 times with no help to this problem! I tell all of my neighbors to never go with Broadstripe! I'm moving soon, that is the ONLY reason I keep them! I have nothing good to say about this company!

Original review: June 22, 2015

Broadstripe has been nothing but trouble since my family decided to use it. With the television, it's alright but I'll lose sound and the picture will get all distorted. With the internet, it's slow and unreliable. I am a gamer and I also like to use Skype with friends when I can but I just can't hold a connection on servers and in calls. On a scale from 1 to 10, Broadstripe gets a 1. I'm not pleased.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

They are the worst internet provider I have ever worked with. Customer service and the management are very rude. I tried to change my due date for bill payment online and my bank cut two checks for them. My bank was going to cancel one of the checks but Broadstripe told me they would only clear one. After checking my account they cleared both. When I called they said they could give me a refund check and I could get it Tuesday and they would call me. They never called me so Wednesday they said I could get the check and again no call and no check. Now they are telling me Thursday. When I spoke with the manager in billing he acted like he didn't care and laughed at me and placed the blame on me even though I tried to get this taken care of two weeks ago. Do not use their service. They do not stand by their word and they think it's okay to play with people's money. I hate this service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2014

I decided to bundle with this outfit after receiving way too many offers in the mail from them over the past five years. Dish and Century Link kept raising their rates. Just recently, Wave offered bundles that appeared to best services I had through Century Link (phone & internet) and Dish (satellite tv), so I decided to make the switch. For the last three weeks, Wave has been here on and off "fixing" the install so that it lives up to their advertising hype. At the moment, things are working, but this is after going three weeks with sporadic, if any, phone service. This was only "fixed" by chance when a dish installer just happened to be in the neighborhood checking what he called "reception" and noticed that my location was lacking. The "fix" was to NEVER turn off my outlet strip into which Wave's router and modem are plugged. I will never understand why this simple fact was not addressed or mentioned during the three-day install.

Furthermore, the guy who did the installation spent a lot of time complaining about Wave as an employer while he was here numerous times. One day in particular he was here and in and out (and in the crawl space) of my home until 7 p.m. At the moment, everything seems to be working, but it took so long to get it right and many calls to them talking to phone reps who were cranky and either not able to grasp the problem or bored with fielding so many unhappy Wave customer complaints. At this point I am not able to say that bundling with Wave was a smart move and I am waiting for the next problem to crop up with their bundle. I am also waiting for a sub-contractor with Wave to lay a new cable from my home to a utility box across the street from my home and I have a sickening feeling that this is probably not going to go well either, based on previous problems with switching to Wave's bundle.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2014

I signed up with Broadstripe for $64.95 a month. I was paying $83.99 with taxes. My bill jumped to $99.95 after being with them for 5 months. I called the customer service several times about the bill but it was always waste of time. My neighbor had warned me about them before I signed up but I didn't listen. If you are reading this, please don't get caught in their web.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2014

I tried calling Broadstripe about my internet not working. I get their answering services in Michigan. Problem is I don't live in Michigan, I live in Maryland, so here's the problem. It's Saturday February 15 2014. I'm told I have to wait till Wednesday February 19 to get my internet fixed. I believe there is an internet outage but because I'm the only one who may have Broadstripe and not Comcast I don't classify as an outage and have my service fixed right away. I use to work for this company and did on call and was called out on Saturdays to help with cases like this; however, they say they don't do this anymore. Broadstripe says they're the hometown company and their customer service is supposed to be so good. In reality they suck just as much as other companies. They don't have a problem getting my money every month and quick to take money off your bill; however, I want my internet working and I should not have to wait 4 or 5 days for them to come to my home to fix my problem.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2013

I have been dealing with this unreasonable, ridiculous company since before 2009! I have tried, tried and tried to resolve the issues that Broadstripe has created - overcharging on my bills, being billed for over a year after I was disconnected, and never being able to speak to a manager. In addition, after paying them over $1,200.00, they insist that I still owe them $448.30! I just want this to be over and done with as it's been such an unreasonable and crazy situation. It's affecting my credit score. If you can believe that! I honestly feel that this company owes me money, in all truth. I would love to speak to an attorney regarding this blatant form of fraud and stealing.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2012

Broadband provides awful cable services and charges way too much. The monopoly in the county outside the city of Bellingham allows them to do so. They really are awful. I am switching to Dish Network soon (tried to avoid it because of the price) but there is no other non-Dish cable network available in this area. Also, internet is slow! DSL runs like dial up. I can't watch any Netflix, although they charge you as if you hold the fastest running internet on the planet. If you are at all concerned with speed of internet and value, you will not use broadband. I am very, very unhappy with this company's services.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2012

Well, Broadstripe is now officially Wave Broadband. I would have hoped that with the new ownership, there would be some customer service skills coming along with that. The cable has been out now for 5 hours. I have called, and been told "sometime between 6 or 7 (3 hours away)." The person on the phone was "nice enough"; however, the responses to the issues is still the same. It's the only game in town, you'll have to wait, "nothing further we can do."

Original review: June 26, 2012

Customer care? Billing and overall picture quality is poor. I am experiencing loss of sound, snowy and puzzle video picture quality. I paid a year in advance and your billing department sends me bills for me to pay.

Original review: March 24, 2012

I was a customer of Broadstripe for a couple of years, 2007 and 2008 I think. I lived close to Bellingham, WA. I have an overall impression of this company as undisciplined and corrupt. I wouldn't sign up for their services again if I had the option. One thing that struck me as odd was that when I went to turn in the unscrambler/tuner box, the customer service lady over the telephone told me to be sure to keep my receipt of the transaction in case the techs try to scam me.

Then they re-billed me for the final payment several months after I paid it. Customer service seemed unconcerned until I told her I had access to my bank records online and could prove that I had already paid it, then she quickly resolved the matter in my favor. I am amazed that these types of incidents are so widespread and yet the company is still in business.

Original review: March 9, 2012

I have been with Broadstripe for about 5 months and for some reason, the price is ridiculously high for a very mediocre service. I was signed up for a package at $64.95 per month and have yet to see the bill below $85.00. I've been shut off twice in my retaliation to not pay my bill and the second time they said they reset my box in February. When the tech came out in March and pulled the info from the box, they still had it disabled and the office in Charlotte, MI refused to do anything about it. Instead, the girl on the phone was very arrogant and rude.

We have tried to contact other subscribers but the area in Marshall is limited and this is where Broadstripe makes their money with no regard to service. This company needs help badly in the area of customer service. The techs are nice with the exception of the con artist that failed to explain all the service fees that came with the package, cable modem $5.00 and Digital Terminal $6.95. We asked to have the digital terminal removed and the idiots told us it would increase our package.

Their website hardly ever works correctly to pay online and it seems they do not really care for the inconvenience they cause their customers. Just a bunch of people working for a CEO who is there strictly for the money and doubtful if he or she even has the service. There is an easy way to get rid of companies like these who claim to have so much better service than satellite, boycott them and file your claims with the BBB because they can't ignore everyone.

By the way, who does a 13 month contract? Just another way to keep you in or have the next tenant experience 1 month free cable because most leases are 12 months. Companies like this set you up to fall because they are so shady on explaining in the beginning how and what charges you will incur but are almost happy to tell in a rude demeaning little way over the phone when they interrupt your service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2012

Broadstripe is the worst cable provider in Maryland. They do price gouging on their customers. I used to be an employee and my bill was $11 and changed once I was fired. I got my bill and it was $387. I called Broadstripe to explain this. Their answer was you get billed a month in advance and I had every channel there was on their system. If I was just a customer, I might have believed this however I worked for this company and knew their pricing structure. Having everything with 4 TV outlets phone and internet does not even come close to what they said my bill would be. Broadstripe, I think, is price gouging their customers. I was fired. If they bill a month in advance then after the bill for $11 and change, my next bill for the next month should have been no more than $150. If that much instead, they are charging me $387. Something needs to be done about this

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

Broadstripe keeps raising my prices even though I am in a "contract" that they don't adhere to but I will be charged $250 if I don't. They need to be shut down because they are constantly scamming people & have apparently paid off the B.B.B. to get some kind of rating upgrade that they post on their homepage.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2011

They have poor customer service and poor installation. The day I was scheduled, the technician was late & it was obvious that it was almost quitting time on a Friday. He kept talking on his cellphone, and told the other person to buy the case of beer, and he would be there as soon as possible. He rushed the installation, and my internet was not even working before he left. I called customer service, and was transferred to 4 different people, but nothing was resolved. I ended up solving the problem myself, and was even charged a service fee for calling in to ask when someone would be back out to complete the job. They had no problem taking my deposit. I only had the service for 1 1/2 months, and when I called to cancel, I was transferred 3 times, and then told I would be charged $39.99 to disconnect the phone service, and would get a prorated bill, even though they bill 1 month ahead. Thank God I was not on a contract with them, and I would suggest anyone to never ever use FraudStripe Cable Company!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2011

Broadstripe is the worst cable company I have ever had service with. They charge extrusive rates for below average service. I have to make a service call at least every other month, and if it gets cold, your service drops. When you call them, they're not concerned, they just pass you to other departments. The last time I called I got passed around on hold for 1.75 hours. If you want good service, do not use Fraudstripe!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2011

I've never dealt with a more underhanded company. Their 13-month contracts, horrible call service, HD channels that consistently do not work, and "accidental" extra fees on my bill that would have remained if I didn't call. I could go on.

In short, I'm amazed that a company this terrible is still in business. Without these exclusive contracts with apartments, they probably would have. I will never sign a lease on a place that forces its tenants to use this horrific service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2011

Broadstripe is charging their current customers with prices much higher than their advertised prices. If you are a current subscriber, you cannot get the promotional packages as advertised and you cannot change the name on the account to get the lower, new account prices. They get you on a plan, take advantage of you, and try to get you out of your account for $250 more. I am completely dissatisfied with their service as the Internet goes out a lot.

Original review: July 29, 2011

I retired in the beautiful Sedro Woolley area. One of my concerns in moving here was whether there was High Speed Internet Service. Broadstripe was the only SP that said yes. I ended up with 1 mgb rather than 16 mgb which I assumed it would be. The original modem included phone which I didn't want but have been paying for ($55.00 monthly X 12 months = $660.00 yearly X 4 years = $2,640.00)

I have been paying for services that I never received. I have been lied to and stolen from and I plan on looking for a class action law suit.

Original review: June 28, 2011

The worst service provider ever. Most of the cable channels you pay for are out on a regular basis and when they do work, the quality is poor. The sound cuts and video is garbled.

Original review: April 28, 2011

I pay for High Speed access and lately have not been able to play audio or video files at all on my brand new computer. I tested my internet speed on their website and it said it was downloading at 1 meg, I tested it on several other speed testing sights and they all showed my speed at 200k but when I went back and tested on their sight it said 1 meg again. I called customer service and the soonest they could get a tech here was 2 weeks out.

When the Tech finally got here all he did was change the cable modem and told me he couldn`t do anything because the main office chokes the speed on the internet in our area. I called again and the tech said there was nothing he could do so I am stuck paying for high speed and only getting 200k max and can`t do the stuff I want the internet for. Anyone interested in Broadstripe needs to look elsewhere if they want a reliable service that wishes to make their customers happy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2011

I was told Broadstripe was the only internet service provider for my new home. I contacted them to schedule an install. They did not come during the 4-hour time on 12/15 nor did they notify me that they were running late or could not make it. I called to reschedule for the following day. The day of the installation, 12/16, the internet operated at speeds ridiculously far below with what they advertise. The technician had installed a splitter because he showed my speeds as being 'too fast'. The condo president later told me that they do this constantly, which sounds like a deliberate and malignant practice to me.

When speedtest.net was able to load, the speed showed as .01 rather than the 15mbps promised. I knew this was a consistent problem for them but on the first day? I called Broadstripe to let them know about the service issues and John told me, due to the fact that speedtest.net could not even load, that it must have been a bad install and the technician would be back within 90 minutes. When 2 hours had passed, I called again to cancel the service (I have done some research and found out that I could use DSL over my phone line). I was told by Brian that he showed the technician as scheduled to come back on 12/18. Brian and I spent more than an hour on the phone trying to fix the service before I finally insisted on canceling. He let me know I had a $13 credit if I ever choose to come back to Broadstripe for future services. I received a bill on 12/31 for $28.33 contradicting what I was told. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Melissa who insisted Brian had been wrong to tell me I had a credit and that I owed them $20 for the installation fee.

Comcast may be no model, but I never had speed or customer service issues with them. So far, Qwest has been a dream. Everyone who can boycott this company absolutely should. The sooner they're out of business, the better.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2010

I've been robbed and lied to by this company. I signed a short term 6 month lease on a waterfront property in Port Ludlow. I asked the neighbors who the internet/cable company was. They said Broadstripe. I called and they said they had a Watch and Surf package for $71.00 per month. I agreed to it. They took down my address, personal information, credit card info etc. and set me up. I asked specifically about the credit card info they requested. I told them I did not want to be hit for auto pay monthly. The salesman assured me they wouldn't. Guess what? They did it anyway.

I finally got them to get me out of that cycle and now I find out they forgot to tell me I was locked into the $71.00 per month for thirteen months. I told them I did not agree to that. I was only renting this place for 6 months. To cancel, I have to pay a $250.00 cancellation fee just like a cell phone service. I never agreed to any of this. I feel like I've been robbed blind and psychologically raped by this company. I've been lied to repeatedly by their customer service people and of course I never get a phone call back. I'm ready to spearhead a class action lawsuit. Anybody game?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2010

For the last several weeks, I noted very low speed on my Broadstripe Cable connection. I went to the Broadstripe Cable page where I could do a speed test. I did a test and it seemed to have good download speed but not any upload at all. Later it seemed to work again. I called Broadstripe to report the problem and found out this has been going on for a month. The Broadstripe person at the other end of the phone said that Broadstripe is working on it. I asked when the work would be complete and he could not tell me. I asked him to let me talk to someone who could tell me since I use the connection for my business. The phone line went dead and the connection was lost, meaning either another problem with the Broadstripe connection or something else. I also had asked about getting some of my money back since they are not delivering the service I am paying for. They did not even notify our neighborhood that there are problems. My neighbor recently complained of the cable problems and they switch phone coverage.

I went to their website to report the problem but could not since I got a message that support was not at that website. I tried to paste the error message here but could not but have saved it in Microsoft word. I am about ready to report this to the Attorney General of the state. In sum, I found they are working on the Whidbey Island internet for the last month. The person at the phone number was not sure exactly what they are doing. They are back in Michigan. They don't know when the work will be complete and their support web page is not working.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2010

A reoccurring problem with Broadstipe, which is dubbed '**' as that is what the main office is all about. I lose HD channels only at night an d when it is cold. They can't fix the problem, they don't know what to do about it, and they will only send out a technician during the day when all is well. What a bunch of bozos. This is the same problem I've had with them 2 years ago, which they finally 'found' the problem in one of those little green boxes.

It seemed they hired out (lowest bid, no doubt) idiots to wire the boxes and they did it all wrong. It took the incompetent line technicians 3 months to find the problem and another month to 'fix' it. Now, it is reoccurring and BS doesn't have a clue how to fix it again. I refused to get my phone with them and they bug me all the time about it; but when I tell them of my problems and hell would have to freeze over before I gave them my phone. They finally stopped. I keep telling them I am not paying for services I am not getting, but nothing has happened yet. I have threatened to drop BS and go to Dish for the TV if they don't comply with the next bill.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2010

Broadstripe Cable repeatedly made billing errors on my account. They have been guilty of double billing, and of making withdrawals on unscheduled dates. The latest incident caused me to incur a $34 overdraft charge because they withdrew funds from an account 5 days early. When contacted, they accepted absolutely no accountability, and told me there was nothing they could do.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2010

I am being charged $355.00 for a Motorola DCT2244/1661/ACDEG CATV Converter-Model, FCC ID: ACQ360-016-003; F/G:477944-013-000. In addition, it is a refurnished and discontinued unit. As I understand, Broadstripe purchased these units from Comcast.

They are claiming that this unit has a market value of $355.00, although they refuse to support their claim with documentation. I claim that the unit has a market value of about $20.00. I can support my claim with documents from different sellers on eBay, and the Scenyx Entertainment Community (website), etc. According to Broadstripe's terms and conditions, they use the market value of their rental equipment to determine the charge to the customer if the unit is damaged. While the charge to me is $355.00, they can go as high as $494.00, which is $6 less then the requirement that equipment $500 and over must have a writing. In my case, I did not even sign a contract.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2010

Our area went to a mandatory use of area code when dialing phone numbers for local calls in March 2010. At the time of switch over the grace period also ended and my phone did not receive any calls for 2 days. I called Broadstripe and they said they fixed the problem. I began receiving incoming calls except from the town I work in. I could no longer receive calls from by employer or co-workers from that town which is 34 miles from my residence.

After numerous calls to Broadstripe, this problem was not resolved. I asked for a new phone number which they gave me but that did not solve the problem. I called them back several times and went back to the old phone number with no resolve. They offered me $20.00 credit for my trouble. I explained to them that I did not want a credit or anything for free. I need my phone to work properly. My company changed management in July and I told Broadstripe that I need my employer to be able to contact me.

They finally told me that it was not their problem and that the other phone company would have to fix it. I told them that everyone from that particular town cannot have the same phone company. They said they have been trying to fix my phone but the other phone company would not work with them on that and they did not give me the name of that company. They would not let me be out of my package contract but only the phone contract and that I would have to sign a new contract for the cable and internet services if I get out of the phone part of the contract. In the end, they gave me another $60.00 credit on my bill which totals to $80.00 and I waited out my contract date until August 31,2010. Now, I have new service with another provider and my phone works perfectly fine. I am receiving calls from my employer without problems. I went to return all of my hardware to the address Broadstripe gave me and when I got there they were closed. Hours said Monday to Friday, 7 am-1 pm. I got there Wednesday at 11:45 am. I knocked and honked my horn and no one came to the door. Wow I don't know why I did not see that coming.

Original review: July 9, 2010

I have had cable/internet/phone package for 3 years. I feel like a hostage, because no one else provides high speed internet in my area. Well, Broadstripe doesn't provide it either. My connection is slow, and drops randomly, and the phone also gets disconnected. I've complained to them several times, and I was told that my connection was good, that I should just reset the modem. I replaced my phone and wireless modem, and still no change. The phone connection is the worst.

When I finally got them to send a tech, he connected a new wire outside, stating that the original wire was old, and was not built to provide connectivity for all three services. Since the original was underground, he said that a crew would have to dig it up, and replace it. My connectivity was almost perfect but two weeks passed, and no crew. The new wire was sitting above the ground, and was accidentally cut by a lawn mower.

When I called, I was told they did not have anybody scheduled to come over, and a tech supervisor was sent to check things out. Since I wasn't home, I explained to him over the phone. All he did was disconnected the new wire, and reconnected the old. Getting assistance is impossible. My husband is deployed, the only way we can talk is either through phone or Skype. We are always getting disconnected. We are lucky to get 30 minutes without disconnection. We have to resort to calling cards and text.

Broadstripe Cable Company Information