Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About LanguageLine Solutions
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
LanguageLine Solutions has been providing custom language services for over 29 years. It can connect you with professional, on-demand interpreters via audio or video in 30 seconds or less, and interpreters can also be scheduled to meet in person or translate documents. Services are available in more than 240 languages, depending on what you need.
Pros & Cons
- On-site and remote services
- Over 240 languages available
- On-demand interpretation
- Available languages vary by service
- Most pricing isn’t available online
With over 14,000 interpreters and 240 languages available, LanguageLine Solutions provides fairly comprehensive spoken and written language services. Contact the company for a quote or pay as you go for personal interpreter services.
Top LanguageLine Solutions Reviews
The LanguageLine is a fantastic company that speak many many different languages. Very polite and calm voiced representatives who truly care while speaking for you. The LanguageLi...Read full review
The variety is great. Always get a person on the line who is the right language, fast and easy, and it's understandable all the time. I love using the service at work. The accurac...Read full review
What is LanguageLine Solutions?
LanguageLine Solutions provides comprehensive translation, interpretation, localization, testing and training services in over 240 languages. The company employs more than 14,000 professional linguists.
Live interpretation services include on-site help and on-demand phone, video or mobile app sessions. The LanguageLine Mobile app offers translation services in over 240 languages. LanguageLine also has a personal interpreter option that allows you to call in and pay by the minute for immediate audio or video interpretation.
Written translation services can be used for documents, training manuals, technical information, software, websites, multimedia content, mobile apps, eLearning courses and other applications.
LanguageLine Solutions also helps businesses grow globally by providing localization services that adapt content to a specific region’s language and cultural sensitivities.
LanguageLine’s testing and training services are available in 50 languages. These services can help educate your multilingual staff and ensure that your employees are proficient in the language needed to work for your company. This can range from helping enhance staff interpretation skills to providing specialized training in certain professional areas, such as the medical industry.
How does LanguageLine Solutions work?
LanguageLine’s services work differently depending on which you need. Some services (like translation and localization) require you to fill out a form and receive a quote to start your project.
Other enterprise-level services, like testing, training and on-demand interpreting, might require you to contact the company directly for a conversation about your needs.
Personal interpreter services are easier to start, especially for individuals. First, create an account with LanguageLine online. You can then dial a toll-free number or use the LanguageLine app and enter your PIN or authentication code to be connected with an interpreter. This service is available 24/7, and your fee is based on how long you use personal interpreter.
LanguageLine Solutions services
LanguageLine Solutions offers multiple different services to meet the needs of both individuals and businesses.
- On-site interpreting
- On-site interpretation is recommended for settings that involve:
- High interaction with multiple participants
- Complex and critical situations
- Young children or those with underdeveloped language skills
- High use of idiosyncratic language patterns
- People with disabilities that impede the use of technology, like poor vision
- People who are deaf or hard of hearing
LanguageLine’s team of 8,500 interpreters works in 48 states across the U.S., and you can schedule service online 24/7.
- Phone interpreting
- LanguageLine’s phone interpreting is generally suited for businesses and other large operations handling a high volume of calls. LanguageLine boasts an 8.3-second connect time for Spanish calls and a 0.012% complaint-to-call ratio. However, the average connect time for all calls is slightly longer at 16.1 seconds.
Customizable phone interpreting solutions include:
- Direct response for a comprehensive experience
- Skip the line to bypass hold times and connect the caller to an interpreter faster
- Overflow solutions for high call volumes that exceed in-house multilingual staff availability
- Custom language menus to expedite connecting a caller to the right language services
- Video interpreting
- Available via smartphone, laptop or tablet, LanguageLine’s InSight video interpreting connects users to on-demand translation services. Video interpreters are available in the company’s 41 top requested languages, including American and British Sign Language. This service is recommended for:
- Medical settings
- Government agencies
- Retail outlets
- Walk-in locations
- Teams that are in the field, including first responders and delivery people
LanguageLine also offers an Interpreter on Wheels service that includes a tablet in an audio amplification enclosure atop an adjustable rolling stand. No wires, batteries or charging are required, and the enclosure nearly doubles the sound output of a tablet. It’s mostly preassembled, but on-site assembly service is also available.
- Mobile interpreting
- Mobile interpreting is recommended for individuals and teams that are in the field, such as:
- Delivery people
- Utility technicians
This service provides on-demand interpreting via a smartphone or tablet. It’s available in 240 languages wherever there is a cellular or Wi-Fi signal.
- LanguageLine for telehealth
- LanguageLine for telehealth service gives healthcare providers the ability to invite professional interpreters to telehealth visits via many popular teleconferencing platforms.
Audio services are available around the clock in over 240 languages, but on-demand video services are only available 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST Monday to Friday in:
- American Sign Language
Video services are available via Zoom, doxy.me and Amwell.
- Personal interpreter
- Personal interpreter service is better suited for small businesses and individuals who need occasional interpretation services on demand. Interpreters are available in over 240 languages by audio or video.
Create an account online, then dial a toll-free number or download the LanguageLine app to start. You’re charged per minute of service, and video calls are more expensive, so consider your needs before you start.
- Document translation services are available in over 240 languages. Uses include:
- Translating a company’s website to reach customers in other markets
- Providing training manuals for bilingual employees
- Translating financial documents (such as mortgage loan papers or insurance claims forms)
- Government notices of rights, consent forms and letters in multiple languages
Written translation is also available for software, technical manuals, help systems and marketing materials. Each written translation project is reviewed by two interpreters to ensure accuracy.
- While translation and interpretation services cover language differences, localization services help mediate cultural differences. LanguageLine can help localize:
- Software programs
- Mobile apps
- Training materials
- Multimedia content
This service has a 98.5% client satisfaction rating.
- Testing and training
- LanguageLine Testing and training can help verify the qualifications of your employees or improve your multilingual staff’s translation and interpretation services.
Tests are available in 50 languages, and they have a five-day turnaround time.
LanguageLine Solutions costs
LanguageLine Solutions offers highly customizable packages that are priced based on your needs. Pricing is not posted online for most services, so you’ll have to contact the company for a quote.
For on-demand personal interpreter services, however, rates are $3.95 per minute for audio and $4.95 per minute for video. The personal interpreter account has no monthly minimums and is payable by credit card.
LanguageLine Solutions FAQ
Which industries does LanguageLine Solutions work with?
What languages can LanguageLine Solutions translate?
Is LanguageLine Solutions translation accurate?
LanguageLine Solutions employs over 14,000 professional linguists, and each written translation project is reviewed by at least two translators for accuracy.
Does LanguageLine Solutions offer support?
Where is LanguageLine Solutions located?
Is LanguageLine Solutions worth it?
LanguageLine Solutions offers a number of language services for people needing to communicate across linguistic and cultural barriers. Specifics vary depending on the service you need, so it’s worth doing a little investigation to make sure the service you need is available in the right language, scale and time frame for you. Like with any purchase, it’s smart to evaluate your options and shop around before purchasing.
LanguageLine Solutions Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,244,075 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
They did not have very many translation languages but let me tell you the ones that they did have there to choose from they were really great. Knew what they were doing and did a really good job at it. They did their job and did it well. They were right just about every time. If they had to do it over they managed to do it the next time around. All the other place that I had checked out was really pricey but this had a great price. Could not have asked for anything better. They also had a few discount which was even better. I would totally recommend this place to anyone who asked me. It's a great place. If you want it done and it done right the first time for a good price this is the place.
The LanguageLine is a fantastic company that speak many many different languages. Very polite and calm voiced representatives who truly care while speaking for you. The LanguageLine is very very accurate in what they do. The cost is minimal and well worth it. I've had to use LanguageLine many times for French and Italian languages and have had excellent customer service. Extremely good value. Representatives have very compassionate voices and are very helpful. I highly recommend language representatives. They do a fantastic job.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I don't really know how much a translator can revise on a translation because each word is to be spoken verbatim. I am trying to think of the difference in languages they had to offer. I believe the accuracy was spot on. I received the translation on paper and audio and it can also be placed of a disk for future generations. It was a little pricey however they went above and beyond what they were required to do. We need more awareness as to how easy this can. LanguageLine is a reliable company. It is also very competitive with the pricing which I love to look forward to.
Sometimes have trouble getting an interpreter for certain languages or sometimes can be quite a long process. A problem is you have no idea what that person is saying. I'm a nurse and I once had a Spanish interpreter on speaker phone for a lady getting her yearly physical, he didn't know how to interpret "Pap smear." The service is very valuable when a good interpreter is on the line. It is not a good idea to trust a friend or family member to interpret because they can say whatever they want and we're none the wiser.
I needed someone who spoke Swahili. This is not a common language. Another time I needed French creole. I'd have been lost without this service. The translation was very accurate. The translator seemed quite fluent in both languages. The Swahili seemed quite difficult. I deal with many customers so knowing what they need is very important, a translator is very necessary in a position that requires the phone. The price of the service has never come to my mind. My calls are not all in English and I require a service for calls that are from around the globe. It's great that my translators can translate the banking terms I need to use. My department needs this as I field calls globally all pertaining to lines of credit and statements. We require more than a Spanish translator/language line.
The variety is great. Always get a person on the line who is the right language, fast and easy, and it's understandable all the time. I love using the service at work.
The accuracy is great service. Everything gets translated back to us in a good manner and we understand completely of what is going on. I'd recommend it to any person. Price is fair. You get a discount if you're a company that uses it a lot, and being a big company like us the price seems pretty fair. Could be cheaper though. The value is great. I can't complain honestly. Everything in the value of what the company says is very true and they help out more than I could ever imagine possible.
LanguageLine Solutions Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.