LanguageLine Solutions

Compare Translation Services

Research top Translation Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

They did not have very many translation languages but let me tell you the ones that they did have there to choose from they were really great. Knew what they were doing and did a really good job at it. They did their job and did it well. They were right just about every time. If they had to do it over they managed to do it the next time around. All the other place that I had checked out was really pricey but this had a great price. Could not have asked for anything better. They also had a few discount which was even better. I would totally recommend this place to anyone who asked me. It's a great place. If you want it done and it done right the first time for a good price this is the place.

The LanguageLine is a fantastic company that speak many many different languages. Very polite and calm voiced representatives who truly care while speaking for you. The LanguageLine is very very accurate in what they do. The cost is minimal and well worth it. I've had to use LanguageLine many times for French and Italian languages and have had excellent customer service. Extremely good value. Representatives have very compassionate voices and are very helpful. I highly recommend language representatives. They do a fantastic job.

I don't really know how much a translator can revise on a translation because each word is to be spoken verbatim. I am trying to think of the difference in languages they had to offer. I believe the accuracy was spot on. I received the translation on paper and audio and it can also be placed of a disk for future generations. It was a little pricey however they went above and beyond what they were required to do. We need more awareness as to how easy this can. LanguageLine is a reliable company. It is also very competitive with the pricing which I love to look forward to.

Sometimes have trouble getting an interpreter for certain languages or sometimes can be quite a long process. A problem is you have no idea what that person is saying. I'm a nurse and I once had a Spanish interpreter on speaker phone for a lady getting her yearly physical, he didn't know how to interpret "Pap smear." The service is very valuable when a good interpreter is on the line. It is not a good idea to trust a friend or family member to interpret because they can say whatever they want and we're none the wiser.

I needed someone who spoke Swahili. This is not a common language. Another time I needed French creole. I'd have been lost without this service. The translation was very accurate. The translator seemed quite fluent in both languages. The Swahili seemed quite difficult. I deal with many customers so knowing what they need is very important, a translator is very necessary in a position that requires the phone. The price of the service has never come to my mind. My calls are not all in English and I require a service for calls that are from around the globe. It's great that my translators can translate the banking terms I need to use. My department needs this as I field calls globally all pertaining to lines of credit and statements. We require more than a Spanish translator/language line.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LanguageLine?

The variety is great. Always get a person on the line who is the right language, fast and easy, and it's understandable all the time. I love using the service at work.

The accuracy is great service. Everything gets translated back to us in a good manner and we understand completely of what is going on. I'd recommend it to any person. Price is fair. You get a discount if you're a company that uses it a lot, and being a big company like us the price seems pretty fair. Could be cheaper though. The value is great. I can't complain honestly. Everything in the value of what the company says is very true and they help out more than I could ever imagine possible.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LanguageLine Solutions was officially founded in 1999 as a telephone interpreting business. It has since expanded its services to include video remote and onsite interpreting, translation and localization services, language proficiency training and language proficiency testing.

• Human translators: LanguageLine relies on human translators instead of computers to ensure every translation conveys the original text’s meaning, reads smoothly and is grammatically accurate.
  • Always on time: LanguageLine has an on-time delivery rate of 99.8 percent, so you can rest easy knowing your translated document will be delivered when promised.
  • Easy to submit: Submitting a document for translation is simple. All you need to do is fill out a form, available on LanguageLine’s website, and attach the document that needs to be translated. You can opt to get a quote before proceeding with the translation.
  • Industry specific: LanguageLine has expertise delivering accurate translations for the health care field, government and the business sector. They understand each industry or field’s special requirements, including compliance with HIPAA standards and guidelines.
  • Resources: LanguageLine has a variety of resources available for companies interested in learning more about how translation services can benefit them, including guides for healthcare, government and business. These are all available for free.
  • Best for LanguageLine is best for businesses that work in healthcare, government or business.

Compare Translation Services