4.6/5 (161 ratings)

About Conversational Receptionists

Conversational Receptionists is a virtual receptionist company. It provides an extensive list of live call services for businesses and individuals. All its virtual receptionists are located in North America, and though its service hours are somewhat limited, it covers the hours of a basic business day in the U.S. and Canada.

Pros

• 30-day trial
  • Low overhead
  • Transparent pricing

Cons

• Little variety between plans
  • Not available outside specific hours

Bottom Line

Conversational is a virtual receptionist company. It provides several receptionist services for businesses without high overhead costs. All receptionists are in North America. Its service hours are somewhat limited.

Conversational Receptionists Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational Receptionists?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Conversational?

Original review: July 5, 2021

Conversational Receptionists do a better job than other live answering companies. My calls are answered well, which in turn relates to more client retention. So, it's fine. Everybody is friendly and helpful. Sometimes people think they work here, so that's good.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Conversational Receptionists is not necessarily specialized for therapy practices, but it's a good service to see how someone else taking calls impacts your business. It does the job. Having them, I don’t have to do as much call answering. However, when I have to submit a form or change something, it would be nice if that was more standardized.

Original review: July 3, 2021

I was using Ruby when I first started. They were good but really expensive so I started looking for other services and Conversational came up. I started using them and I've been extremely happy. They were about half the cost of what Ruby. I have Conversational for answering phone calls. It has made a huge difference to have the phone picked up every time, regardless of whether I was available or not. We've seen a lot of those phone calls that normally would have been missed sales opportunities. Now, they are actually purchasing. This has a lot to do with the fact that someone live picks up the phone. Even if I can't answer the customers' questions, they are still getting their information answered to a certain degree.

Conversational is usually very responsive and they get back very quickly. They're working on a dashboard at this point. One of the biggest differences between Ruby and Conversational is there is no way for you to check your information with what we have now. Ruby had an app so you could tell the number of hours or how many minutes you've used. You had a call log. If I wanted to know what my greeting is and what my protocol is as far as when the phone is answered, I would have to call or email Conversational to find out. It's the same if I have to make any changes. With Ruby, on the other hand, you could go onto your dashboard and make changes there. When Conversational last talked to me, they said they're working on that feature. I even got an email this last week saying that it's coming in the next week or two. All in all, Conversational has done very well.

Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such an informative review and for the 5 * rating. It is humbling to know we make such a positive impact on your business. We strive to save you money while keeping top-notch quality services. Our goal is to get your time back and have you never miss a sales opportunity again. It's nice to hear this goal has been achieved. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Conversational does a great job. People really can't tell that it's not someone at my office answering. They have a more personal touch. They're just a great answering service for healthcare particularly. It’s not like you're calling your phone company. They know how to talk to our patients. They knew our EHR systems very well. We didn't have to train them on that. So, they can do more than just answer the phone, which is what I like about them.

I've also never had an issue with being billed for anything that we actually haven't used. There’s a documentation of everything. I can see the calls, how long they were. They were very transparent in their work. They also respond to emails right away. They're friendly. You can tell they have a team that they train. We've changed stuff on them so many times and they've been like, “Cool, we'll update the team.” They also book and schedule appointments. Everybody is not gonna be able to do that. They fill in the areas when our front desk person calls out. I can really literally forward the calls to them and know that they're gonna handle it.

Maya,

It is our goal to allow business owners like yourself to have the freedom and confidence with our services. We are thrilled to hear your valued and reassuring feedback that we are accomplishing just that! Scheduling and customizing to our client's needs is a huge part of what sets us apart from many of our competitors. We know each business doesn't come from a cookie-cutter so flexibility is key when working to support fellow entrepreneurs.

Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I love Conversational and I get great feedback from my clients on it. It's like I have a professional service answering the calls. It seems like we consistently have pretty much the same group of staff that answers the phone so it makes the service a little bit more personal.

Conversational Receptionists response

Thank you for your 5* review Lakia!

Your feedback means so much to us. We strive to bring you professional services and a great customer experience. It's so very nice to hear your clients provide such great feedback. We will continue to provide you and your clients with consistency.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: June 30, 2021

I like the fact that they can email or text me whenever somebody calls. If I can't take a message, they can get their phone number and text it to me. Those kind of things are very valuable to me. But it was a little bit of a rough start with Conversational because there was a disconnection that was happening. But once they got resolved, it was pretty smooth. They should also call in every six months to ask about ways they can improve or if there are any updates on our phone list.

Conversational Receptionists response

Thank you so very much for your 5* review, Jose! I'm happy to hear your rough start turned into such a great experience that has brought such value to your business. We love working with you and your clients and hope to continue our business relationship for many years to come. We will continue to check in with you; however, if you need anything prior, you know you can count on us.

Again, thank you for your review and your valued business.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Conversational Receptionists doesn't generate business for me but it frees my time up. I don't have to have an extra employee just to answer a phone a few times a day. When I talked to them directly, they've always been very helpful. But they don't always get the instructions correct. When people call in and they ask for certain things, they're supposed to be sent to certain places. It doesn’t 100% work like that, but it's good enough and they're trying. I'm happy with them.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Their service has helped me field calls. They take my calls and messages for me. I like them.

Sakhuoy,

Thank you for your years of service. We value your business and appreciate your time in offering feedback.

Original review: June 18, 2021

We use Conversational Receptionists' answering service and they answer calls for our charity. We're very grateful to have them helping us and I couldn't do it without them. If there's something we need done, we'll just chat with Tanya there and she's always ready to cooperate.

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for proving such great feedback in your review! We are very pleased to hear how much we are helping you and your charity. It is our pleasure to serve you and your callers! Again, we thank you for your continued business and we really love being a part of your team.

-The Conversational Team

Original review: June 17, 2021

Partnering with Conversational allows me not to worry about answering the phone. They take care of that and on top of it, I've gotten great feedback from patients of having a professional individual to speak to initially. They collect information from new patients and show me the emails. I don't really have to speak to anybody to correct anything. So, that's fabulous, getting an email on my cell phone where I can quickly go, research and do what I need.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My business involves a lot of recording general prices over the phone then I would need to look up transportation costs. I spent a ton of time doing that. I've often thought if I felt comfortable having a representative to do that on the phone, that’s something I would pay to have done. Something like that would be worth it. Ruby wasn't quite there but I got the sense that they were closer to being able to do something like that than Conversational. They did a better job than Conversational but they were way too expensive for the difference. But I've always been pleased with Conversational. If I've had an issue or needed to get something resolved, they've done a good job on the customer service end. If I had less people that were answering our calls that got to know the business a little better, I would like that. I’d like to give them more information that they could hand out but I've been a little reticent to do so because I see a lot of turnover in it.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Conversational's pricing was good for what we were looking for. It was half of the price of the initial company we looked at and they've been good. The reps have been consistent, and we've had no issues at all. We've lost some customers before due to not getting an answering machine. Now, we don't miss any people calling. They get to talk to a live person, which is important.

Hello Stephen,

We appreciate the great feedback! It’s wonderful to hear you're receiving such a benefit from the service. We definitely strive to provide professional friendly services you can rely on and a great price that is competitive. We are happy to be a part of your team and look forward to a prolonged business relationship.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: March 13, 2021

Everybody's been great ever since I've had Conversational Receptionists. I use the virtual assistants service and for what I need it for, everything's great like it is. It's definitely a plus for my business. Especially now since the pandemic hit, people come on and work with me, and they can work from home and be able to receive calls with that office atmosphere feel to it.

Conversational Receptionists response

"Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star rating Latif, it's much appreciated!" We are extremely happy knowing that Conversational is benefiting you and your business, especially during the pandemic. It is a special bonus hearing Conversational's services are working in such a positive way for your business. We pride ourselves on professionalism and providing a great customer experience for your callers. Thank you for choosing Conversational, LLC as your virtual receptionist provider.

-The Conversational Team

Original review: March 2, 2021

Conversational Receptionists has freed up time for me to do my day-to-day work. I use them for the answering service and when people call in to schedule as well. They do great. I'm very satisfied.

Conversational Receptionists response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jesse. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. It is great knowing we are able to free up your time so you can focus on your day-to-day tasks. Thanks again for the review and for being such a great client.

Conversational, LLC

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I heard about Conversational Receptionists online and I use their virtual reception feature. I have a person that answers the call. It’s doing well but I have a problem when they transfer the call to me. Sometimes, people can’t hear you very well because there’s an echo. Nevertheless, their team is good.

Conversational Receptionists response
Thank you for leaving us feedback! We are happy that using our virtual receptionist service has been working for you thus far. We do apologize should you have any call quality issues upon transfer we will have our technical team investigate this immediately for you. It has been our pleasure supporting your calls and look forward to a long business relationship.

-The Conversational Team

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I like how Conversational extends their services a little more than other providers. They’re a little more in-depth with personalizing their customer experience. We got phone answering services from them and that has made it easier for me to save more time to handle my business a little bit better. The reps whom we've spoken to have been straightforward and they provide great service. Overall, I'm satisfied with Conversational.

Hello Jose,

That is wonderful to hear Jose,
Conversational takes pride in it custom call handling set up that gives your callers a closer company feel and in turn help field and process your calls to best optimize your service with us.
We appropriate your business and look forward to a long business relationship.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and rating :)

~ - The Conversational Team

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Thus far, partnering with Conversational has been great for our business. It allows my paralegal to be a paralegal without being a receptionist. However, there's an occasional receptionist there who isn't really cheerful and sometimes doesn't say my name right. It’s hard, but overall, the service is great. I couldn’t really function without it.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for the great review , we most definitely value your business and love to hear how we allow your internal staff to be better utilized.
We invite yo to please provide our support department with further information so we can investigate and ensure the team is meeting the Quality that you have come to expect from Conversational.
Our priority is to provide excellence in service for you.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: June 21, 2019

Conversational Receptionists answers our incoming calls. We had people in-house before. With Conversational Receptionists, we've been able to free up some resources internally. We've also been able to sort of get better customer service. Our callers tell us how great the receptionists are there and how ** our internal ones were. But it would be great if they could bill us in Canadian Dollars. That would be far more beneficial because we're in Canada. Also, if there was a way to properly network our systems together so that we didn't have to worry about caller ID, that would be ideal. Other than those, it's been great.

David,

Thank you so much for your review of Conversational. It is great to hear your callers have noticed an improvement in your reception and we are very happy to hear such great feedback.
We are moving towards adding geographical Billing as well as multilingualism to our services in the next 12 months, stay tuned for our Canadian website.
The caller ID feature we have rolled out over the past few months seems to be functioning great for all clients utilizing it at this time.

We're happy to be working with you, your staff, and your callers.

Looking forward to continued business and success.

~ Conversational Team

Original review: June 11, 2019

We've been with Conversational Receptionists for a couple of months now and we use their virtual assistant service. It has made my business a bunch easier and I don't miss anything.

Hello Christopher,
Thank you for your review! and taking the time to give us some feedback on how you've found the experience working with our team so far.
We are so glad our services have enabled you to free up more of your time and make business easier:)
Feedback like yours lets us knows we are making a difference ! We hope to remain part of your team for a long time!

~Conversational Team

Original review: April 2, 2019

The reviews in a Facebook group of other therapists made me look Conversational up. Conversational has the ability to record the messages and then email them to me so that I can just tap the button. That makes it more convenient. I didn’t have that option with the other answering service. The feature I really use is where they take the messages. Their customer service has been pretty responsive, too. Before, I had a virtual assistant but she was not answering calls live. With Conversational, it enables me to capture more callers who are calling into looking for something more immediate.

Hello Richelle,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and review. We have gained much ground with our Therapeutic demographic and are so happy to hear the wonderful recommendations being provided online.

Quality customer service and customization are what distinguishes us from our competitors. We always strive to exceed our customer's expectations and meet their requirements :)

Sincerest thanks for your valued business!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: March 28, 2019

I looked at some reviews and there were quite a few people who were recommending Conversational Receptionists over other companies. We went with the basic user where they answer and transcribe the message from the caller to us over email. I am satisfied with the level of service and everything we are receiving so far. The reps have been really good too. We definitely see the value to partnering with Conversational, so we’ve continued the subscription for a few months now and we’ll continue to do so.

Ash Paul,

We appreciate the great feedback! It’s wonderful to hear you are receiving such a benefit from the service. We definitely strive to provide professional friendly service you can relay on.

It is great to hear that our service is working well for you. We are so happy to be a part of your team and look forward to a long and prosperous business relationship.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: March 18, 2019

I looked online and compared different firms that offered receptionist services. I chose Conversational and since then, I've been letting them answer my calls. If it's important, then they forward it to me. However, when we started, there were some things with the phone number not working right. Even so, that was all ironed out very quickly. Additionally, sometimes the lag time in between connecting is a little longer than it needs to be. Nevertheless, I don't deal with spam calls anymore and Conversational has freed up a lot of my time.

Steven,

Thanks so much for your review of Conversational. We are happy to hear your positive feedback and we do apologize if your experienced any issues at start up.

We're happy to have the opportunity to work with you and help you get more time in your day.

Looking forward to your continued business and success.

~ Conversational Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I had been using Ruby and it was phenomenally expensive as well as they weren’t following instructions. I was paying an arm and a leg and not getting what I wanted. I signed up online with Conversational and then I talked to somebody briefly over the phone for a follow up. They’ve done what I’ve asked them to do and for any issues that I have had, they have been resolved right away. I like the ease of price and I get what I pay for. I’ve been happy with Conversational and I would recommend them.

Hello David,

We are so happy to hear you have found a better fit for your business and Conversational is happy to be able to provide you with this. Custom Call handling we believe is the key to a great virtual reception service.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The other company I used before is kicking Conversational's butt in a lot of ways as far as technology, infrastructure, having an app in place and giving me tons of information about each call. The other company is also friendlier. Conversational Receptionists could make appointments, but it is not worth losing clients for because they are not friendly and not really very helpful. So they should tell their receptionists to smile when they pick up the phone. That’s something they all should know. I’m sure they would be great for somebody else’s business but personally I was not satisfied with them.

Hello Channing ,

We are very sad to hear your feedback. We do love our Boutique and Specialty service clients and we definitely understand being knowledgeable on all the in's and outs of their business or particular services can be challenging but we do strive to work with our clients to better train our reception teams to provide personalized information to your callers.
In great future news Conversational is in the final stages of adding more client friendly features as well as an App in the coming new Year.
Thank you for your feedback as always this helps us build a better Service.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I used Liveanswer.com before and I thought I would get a good feel because they got a lot of technology on their website, but it’s lacking something. On the other hand, Conversational’s website had a smooth and streamlined look that enticed me about wanting to find out more. It looked very professional and I used the virtual assistant. Once the calls come in, they email and I’d checked them. It was very helpful in returning calls to my clients. I love how Conversational performed and helped us out in checking the messages that come in. They did an excellent job.

I loved them to the point where I want to sign up and the rep I spoke with told me that there are some discounts, so it’s something I definitely wanna do. Everything worked out and it was definitely a smooth experience. These guys exceeded any of my expectations and I enjoyed having Conversational Receptionists as an extension of us. I would easily recommend them to anyone.

Hello David,
We are very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations. Ensuring your calls are fielded and routed to your specifications are of upmost importance to us.Thank you kindly for sharing your review.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

A doctor that I work with found Conversational Receptionists online and he wanted me to check into it. From reading on their website, things looked pretty good and we thought we’d give it a try. It also helped that they have a month trial period. They handle incoming calls for new patients potentially calling in. It was difficult to get up at first though. We did a couple of test calls and a couple of the girls had botched it. They didn’t get the doctor’s name right and they couldn’t even pronounce the Scionti Prostate Center. We weren't past a few things, so I understood that there’d be a little bit of a start-up issue.

One time when I called in and they answered the phone, I said that I was looking for more information and they said, “Nobody is here to help you at this point.” We don’t wanna hear that but we worked through it with one of the managers and that got straightened out. Still, I feel that they didn’t get trained properly upfront. We’ll do a couple other test calls just to make sure that everybody is on board. But, overall, Conversational is pretty good. With any type of call system like what they have, it takes a little while to learn certain things and that’s just part of it.

Hello Ron ,
We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry to hear of the start up issues you encountered with name pronunciation and call handling. We are happy to have had the opportunity to finely tune your information to better meet your needs as this is the key to the best call handling and also the best thing about the free trial period is it offers you to make the changes and revisions to create the best call handling for your business without the worry of a bill. Working with out clients to create the best service is #1 to us.

~The Conversational Team

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Conversational has been my "receptionist" for over 2 years, and they are wonderful! Their receptionists are great with my callers, and often go above and beyond my expectations. They are great at handling different types of phone calls, and support is VERY responsive when I've emailed with questions. I'm a one-person business; having Conversational handle my calls and schedule clients on my online calendar allows me more time that I can spend face to face with my clients. They are the absolute best, and my secret weapon!

Conversational Receptionists response
Thank you so much for your kind words Maria. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us, we work hard to meet our clients expectations. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to many more years with you and continuing to be your Secret Weapon

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I heard good things about Conversational Receptionists from the people in a Facebook group. Their prices were within what I was looking to spend so I got their service. They answer calls for my company during the day and they have been very responsive whenever I have a support issue. Since partnering with Conversational Receptionists, I got additional clients.

Kevin,

It's great to hear that our virtual receptionists have been a notable factor in growing your business - congratulations on your recent growth! We take so much pride in a job well done and we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how using our services has worked for you. We are so grateful for your review and it's a pleasure to work with you.

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Conversational has been wonderful and we love them. A friend of mine had recommended trying a receptionist service. We were gonna use Ruby Receptionists but then I saw Conversational and they had a 30-day free. We decided to give the 30-day a try, and we were super impressed with their service. With Conversational, we’re not losing calls like we were before. We were too busy to keep up. In our business, if we don’t answer the call right away, there are a hundred other pest control companies that are ready to take the call. By the time we call the customers back, they were already gone. We hired our own office person but we’re paying Conversational a quarter of the cost of what we’re paying to have someone actually live in an office answering phones. So, there’s a big financial difference.

The Conversational team has been great. I don’t usually ever have to talk to them, which I like. I send them an email and ask them about some things. In one of the holidays, they’re open, we are closed and I wanna inform the customer that we wouldn’t be open. Within the hour, somebody from Conversational always responds back and they’ve already taken care of it. I like the detail when people call in and they make the emails simple. They have the caller name, their email, their specific directory and what they’re looking for.

My customers’ feedback has been great. They love Conversational. When I talk to my customers, they tell me that they feel like that the people they talk to are in our office working and that they represent themselves as if they were one of our employees. I like that there are four or five different receptionists that stay with the calls. It’s not a new person all the time. I feel like they get more accustomed to what the customers may be asking for in our line of work. So, that helps too.

Sean,

Reviews like yours really make our day! We are so thrilled that you chose our service over Ruby and we are even more happy that your happy with that decision! A lot of our clients come to us after a long struggle with missing calls or using an expensive answering service that didn't pan out. We're here to help make businesses more responsive and professional by ensuring a friendly voice is always there to pick up the phone. We're glad your clients see our efforts in representing your company well enough that they think they're talking to a receptionist who works in your office.
Thanks for your feedback and we hope to continue working with you!

- The Conversational Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I'm impressed with Conversational Receptionists. Everyone’s so friendly and on top of their game. They get our messages to us pretty quickly so we're happy.

They take care of our after-hours calls. We used to have a problem with who it would get directed to, like it would be going to the wrong person but I haven’t seen that happen with these guys.

Our clients seem happier because the messages are getting put through properly and we’re able to return calls more efficiently. I’m not hearing clients say, “I tried to call 10 times and we didn’t hear back." Moreover, the reps at Conversation were very pleasant and even humorous at times. We’ve gotten to know each other because of the quick conversations before they transfer the calls. They get me. There’s a good three or four reps that I know are pretty routine calling in and there’s also some new ones or some that I only get a little bit every now and then. Alan, the owner of the firm who found them has been satisfied with them as well.

Autumn,

Thanks so much for your review of Conversational. Many of our clients come to us after having an off/bad experience with other virtual receptionist or call answering providers. We pay attention to what our clients say and do our best to differentiate our service from the competition. We're happy to be part of your team and thrilled you, your staff, and the owner of your firm is satisfied. We're proud to serve your business.

Looking forward to your continued business and success.

Conversational Receptionists Company Information