4.28/5
Based on 81 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a virtual receptionist or answering service?

Alliance Virtual Offices

Are you an entrepreneur that is always on the move, but would like to provide your clients an address and company phone number? Alliance Virtual Offices is the solution you have been looking for! With more than 600 locations in 40 countries, Alliance Virtual Offices gives your business the capability of having a receptionist, local number, and a real business address. Our world-class service is simple and you can be signed up in minutes. Contact us today and obtain your new virtual office with Alliance Virtual Offices.

A+BBB Rating
    Read More Read More
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: March 28, 2018

106 Alliance Virtual Offices Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 28, 2018

Alliance seemed legitimate. So when I started a business, I decided to get a virtual office address from them. But I started another business and went into a different direction. I was trying to see if I could cancel the contract with Alliance and do it over under the new business name. But when I called to cancel, I found out that I was under a six-month contract. I should've read the print so it was my fault. But I didn't like the fact that I couldn't cancel when I wanted to. So I was stuck with this. Maybe they should offer a three month option. I'm sure they would get a lot more customers if it was once a month and they wouldn't have them locked in a contract. They probably would make it up by getting more people.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We needed a more corporate mailing address. We signed up with Alliance and it was really affordable. The process was easy, too. I just clicked on the website, made an account, and filled out the mailing forwarding form. I've been working with the Alliance folks and talking to Alfonso who has been super great and helpful. We canceled our subscription and it's ending in April because we moved to a non-virtual office. It kind of caused a transitionary mode and helped us for that purpose. I'd tell my friends that Alliance is a great virtual office.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: March 22, 2018

I launched a mobile app and I'm a start-up so I needed a virtual office since in the app world, you need to have a suitable address and not a P.O. Box. I’m pre-office based right now so I need an address and not have the whole public know exactly where I live at the same time. I did a quick search and looked for Alliance Virtual and I lucked out. I was able to set it up with Alliance within one business day which was what I needed although the notary was a little much. The cost was higher than I expected but I haven’t had any problems and I would recommend them if somebody was looking for a virtual office

Original review: March 16, 2018

Alliance Virtual Offices was cheaper and I set the service with them online to have a different location address for my business. It was basically just to receive the mail, but they won't accept all of my packages and they said that my mail was too big and bulky. Then I had to go off on the manager that was there and she accepted one package, but she told me that she was not going to be able to accept larger packages anymore. They handled the situation poorly.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Alliance Virtual Offices seem better than the competition and we have them for the office address, mail forwarding, and live answering services. They are personalized and their location and service stood out for us. When setting up, you look on their website and if the address fits you or whatever city you want to be in, you call them and they email you over the paperwork. Then you sent over your identifying documents and it would go from there. Everything has been very pleasant and professional for us and it has helped my business tremendously by picking the phone calls and receiving the mail. I like it very much and I would tell my friends to choose them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Virtual Offices?

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have a business development manager in the Tucson area, Jonathan, and I wanted him to have an office address. Getting it set up with Alliance Virtual was pretty simple. I ordered online and went from there. We're a Canadian company so the process for mail is a little different there. You have to fill out a lot more paperwork in order to get your mail delivered and arranged for pick-up. But otherwise, it’s been a painless process. They're a little expensive against other virtual offices but I ended up going with them for proximity for Jonathan’s sake. It was about 25% more expensive than the alternative, so I would consider that a con. But generally speaking, it has worked fine for us. We use their mail service and I see the notifications, but we are digital so we don’t have a whole lot there. So other than having the convenience of the address, our experience has been very minimal.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I needed an office for my business and getting a virtual one was real convenient. A friend recommended Alliance Virtual and said they were a good company. So, I called them and their process was very easy. They set me up with an office that was close by where I live and it looked good on paper. It's a way to keep things more professional and it helped me out a lot. They were giving out live receptions, too, but I didn't jump to it quick enough. That may be the next route I go. I went to the office only few times but it's been a perfect experience and I liked it. Everybody was nice and welcoming. However, they're charging $75 a month so the cost could be a little bit better. Around $35 to $50 would also be good. Other than that, I would tell my friends that Alliance Virtual is a good company.

Original review: March 3, 2018

We do a lot of business in California but we’re not located there. I found Alliance Virtual online and setting up a virtual office with them was easy. They sent us some paperwork to fill out, we filled it out and sent it back, then we were set up. Danielle, from the Alliance team, was real friendly and professional. She sends us everything that comes in the mail. Everything has been real good and Alliance has helped us get more work in California. And should anyone ask me about them, I’d say, “Try them. They're good and professional.”

Original review: March 1, 2018

I started a business and I needed to have a place to have meetings and to receive my mail. Alliance was more cost-effective and I signed up and paid the fees online, which wasn’t difficult. I also went and visited the office. I use them for receiving mail and I plan to hold any business meetings there as well. The office and the conference rooms are beautiful. Their office has a nice business atmosphere too.

I talked with Arturo from Alliance yesterday and the Alliance team has been really great. They’ve been really responsive and helpful. If there's an issue, they always resolve it immediately. But I have a consulting business so I get my check payments for my services mailed and I've had a problem every time I've had a check sent there. That’s not good when you're running a business. I don’t think it's an Alliance problem though. It's a Premier problem. There's some kind of partnership in my contract with Alliance and the office is a Premier Business Centers office and they are not as responsive as Alliance. So the quality of service hasn’t been good at all.

Alliance is doing what they are supposed to do and is expected to do at a high level, and they should continue. I'm happy with Alliance but when I have problems with the company that they are partnering with, it can be a reflection on Alliance negatively. I've actually been thinking about canceling because I'm not really happy with having to go to Premier. I'm thinking about just trying to lease my home address for my business. It seemed to be a lot easier. I would tell others not to use Alliance for mail service if they're going to need to pick it up from Premier Business Centers if that’s convenient.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I didn’t want to have an office where I pay a lot of rent because I’m only available part-time and I was looking for a less expensive alternative. When I was setting up with Alliance, they sent me some information and I had to do some confirmation about who I was, which wasn't difficult. Plus, every time I call, they’re very courteous. They're very easy to get a hold of and if I have any questions, they’ve been able to answer them. It’s been great to have an alternative address to be able to use if I'm not comfortable with using my home address. The cost is reasonable and Alliance offers a valuable service.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We have some business in Portugal and Spain and we wanted to get a virtual office to have an address and phone line and start over as a power business in Europe. My secretary set everything up with Alliance Virtual Offices and the process was perfect and easy. Also, the cost was fair. Everything has been good with Alliance.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Getting a virtual office is cost wise and the place is very convenient for what they have to offer over there. If I have to do it again, I’d do it again. And the setup process was also very easy. You just go through the process that prompts. I use the telephone over there for when I want to call the system and I have a place where my package can be delivered. But I applied for 20 different vendor accounts and one thing I discovered last week is that because Alliance is a virtual office, I get questioned about it and two were even turned down for credit. Otherwise, everything has been a good experience. Alliance has a nice, clean facility, and it’s been great. The people are also very pleasant and that’s very important.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I needed a place to work downtown that was flexible on the hours on when I could come in. I was using Regus for going to other locations but the office with Alliance Virtual Offices was a better fit for downtown because it's more flexible than Regus. I talked to the person at the physical location but they told me that I would need to talk with the regular home office and we did a contract back and forth. When it was all done, I waited a while and got an approval from the local office.

The Alliance Virtual guys at the Houston downtown office were really nice and I really liked being there. For me the cost was very good. It's a unique service for what they offered and gave me. There’s nothing like it that I’ve found. It was great and I will recommend Alliance Virtual Offices. But it would be even greater if the other Alliance offices in Houston would have some kind of a sharing arrangement, like registrars. If they had a way to do that, they will attract even more people.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We wanted to have an address in Texas as a central location in Dallas because that's where most of our work is, and a cost-effective answering service where we don't have to pay someone by the hour and just be a receptionist. We picked Alliance Virtual Offices in Dallas. The cost seemed to be the best option, in fact, the lowest cost option for what we are getting. Most of the set up was done online.

I saw Alliance's pricing on their website and then I filled out all the information. They have different options for what address they had available for a virtual office and I picked one. And then we put all our other general company information in there where we wanted our mail forwarded to when we receive mail and how we wanted them to answer the phone. We could type all that up exactly how we wanted them to refer our company. And once we paid for the account to start it, we were able to set everything up, and a lot of it up on our own online such as what extension to have, what person was going to take care of certain calls when they come in and who to forward those calls to when the answering service answered those, and things like that.

We get hundreds of calls every day for recruiting and general company information, accounts payable, accounts receivable. Alliance seem to do a good job of getting the calls to the right person when the calls come in. I had good experiences. We like both the cost and the quality. Since we started using Alliance, we were able to communicate with our customers and our vendors efficiently because we're able to take messages. If we can't get a call, they'll take the messages and they'll send us an email saying, "Someone called and you need to call them back," or "Someone called and here's the message." So, we won't have to go through and flip through voice messages on our phone. We can just look at our email. So, the system works out well for us.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We got a virtual office when we were starting up the business. We wanted to get signed up quickly and Alliance Virtual Offices was doing everything online. So, I’ve used Alliance's virtual mailbox service. I had interactions with their team when I tried to cancel it out because we moved into the same address as the virtual. We saw some difficulties there, but they were eventually able to fix the issue. The cost and the quality of the service were good and I have recommended Alliance Virtual Offices once.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Using Alliance Virtual Offices allows us to have a virtual office in a different part of the country. We use their mail forwarding and phone answering services. The setup process was easy but once we needed to deal with the mailing stuff, it was very confusing. There was a lot of trouble because it wasn't clear who I was supposed to contact. I contacted the person that sent me all the contracts, then they told me that they were a subcontractor and that I would have other people too. Then it seemed like for a while that I would have to contact the subcontractor and he would send an email to the Alliance people and it would come back through the other way, but that eventually got straightened out and it has been fine since then.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Halfway through 2017 I got a virtual office from Alliance Virtual Offices because I’m building business credit. My business credit building company referred them to me and said they were good. I liked their service. I also appreciated Steve who I have worked with and who helped me set it up. There were only a couple of emails and a phone call and that was pretty much the setup process. Their team members were also all friendly and helpful although it seemed like they could add more knowledge. Nevertheless, they have a good service and are helpful for small businesses that don't have a physical address of their own. The cost is also reasonable for what it's going to allow me to do. I'm now closer to having more operating capital because of Alliance Virtual Offices.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I was in the process of building up everything I needed for business credit and I had to have my business tied with my personal credit. But since I was told I couldn’t use my home office, I thought of getting a virtual office. Everything including the whole concept was new to me. I signed up with Alliance and the process was easy. I just told their reps the state that I was in and what I'm doing and then they provided the virtual office itself. Their service and cost were fine too. But after about three weeks of using the virtual office, I realized I didn’t need it because I found out that using my home as my office would be comfortable, so I ended up canceling it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I wanted to expand my business and to put a presence in another location. For about a year now, I had already been in contact with Alonzo about Alliance's new promotions every now and then. He kept his presence in my email, so when I was ready, I went ahead and started with them. It was very easy and simple and it actually was a great experience.

I got mail forwarding and when I'm in town, I could pay an hourly rate to rent the office. I had to get a form notarized to do the mail forwarding. So I went to a bank, got it notarized and paid the fee for it. Then Alliance went over all the rules. I actually went there and they gave me a tour. They are very professional, informative and they gave me actual visual literacy. They gave me paperwork to trial with no pricing and their fee schedule. Their rep took me around even to the break room down to their gym in the basement of the building. She also showed me the parking and I get validated, and it's a 24-hour building as well. They let me know everything, and how it's convenient for me when I come in town.

Right now everything has gone good so far. It's really good and not expensive. I don't have to pay the maximum amount, just when I'm in town. It's convenient for me because when I'm in town I can actually have space available and reserve it beforehand. I'll refer my friends because that's a very nice area to run a business. The presence in the area and how many offices they have available to get is better for business.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Keeping an office seems like an unnecessary overhead, so I thought of getting a virtual office. Alliance Virtual’s Hollywood office is aesthetically the best office that I was looking for. I contacted Alliance Virtual through their website and their amazing rep Daniella called me back. Then, I just filled out an application. However, I have a problem with the integrated office which actually runs the facility.

I’m paying extra to have my mail forwarded to me. Thus far, they said they have never received one of the mails that went to the address. I have yet to receive that. They sent me another one which, apparently, was returned to them because they put the wrong address for the forwarding address. They also told me that I received another piece of mail that they were going to send to me. And that was over a week and a half ago. I'm yet to receive that. And there’s another piece of mail that they have alerted me that I received and haven’t seen it. The only piece of mail that I did receive was postmarked January 2nd which I got yesterday.

Also, considering what I’m actually getting, the cost is higher than what it should be. The space is beautiful but the service is definitely lacking. I would like to believe that since I am having meetings, I would have more of a personal service like a setup of beverages. But it did not happen. The kitchen definitely needs to be better stocked too. I could not even find any napkins.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

We needed a business office address, so we signed up for Alliance Virtual. Their rep took all my information and she was great and very helpful. In the setup process, I registered a USPS form and paid a certain amount of money. Their cost is very reasonable. Alliance Virtual is better than the UPS store. A lot of people sign their businesses and get a business address out at the UPS store. Whereas with Alliance Virtual, the Houston, Texas address that I have is an actual office address. So, it’s the legit thing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

The contractor that I'm involved with required that we have backup live voices on our telephone respondents. Alliance Virtual Offices' website have some instructions online which I followed. I answered the questions and applied. The cost was very reasonable and the quality of the service has been good. We check the service every day to make sure the continuity is there. They've been professional and have done what we asked them to do. We respond to their messages that they email to us immediately. Their service tightened up our business a little bit and enhanced our phone calling opportunities like the receiving of calls. We have an in-house call center and they've expanded that which was good for our business. I'm satisfied with them. I'd tell my friends to try them out.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

So far, my experience with Alliance has been really good, they've been very dependent. If something goes wrong, I just call them and they help me take care of it. We decided to get a virtual office because it's more cost-efficient right now for us. And since Alliance has a virtual office in the building that I was interested in, I decided to obtain it through them. Signing up was very, very easy. You just go online, choose your product, enter your payment information and they send you an email immediately. You can also give them a call. They actually call you once you do that.

They're all very nice and very interested in delivering good customer service. Not everything always goes smoothly, but it's great that they take care of it quickly. With the other virtual offices, some of them are more expensive and I don't know if they give you the attention that Alliance gives you. Instead of using the online feature, I often call and they're very good about answering my questions. And they know me by name.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My business is small, but in the future I plan on branching out and trying to get more market share and I didn’t want my home address to be attached to my business when I start soliciting customers or people that I don’t really know. I then felt a virtual office was more professional than using my home office. I have some other friends that use Alliance and I checked out a lot of Alliance’s competition and I thought Alliance was the best option available to me with my needs. And the cost is reasonable.

Setting up with them was very simple. I contacted them through their website and I requested them to call me. And the same person I was communicating with called me and 20-30 minutes later, I was set up. Within 48 hours, they had me taken care of. I had four-in-one number for me, an 800 number, and a live receptionist. I've gotten in contact with him and explained to him our business and spoke with the office manager. And then the primary contact who opened my account was still emailing me and calling me once in a while, asking for feedback.

I'm impressed that I only had one go-to person to deal with. That really made me feel good because I don’t like getting bounced around from person to person and get some information from different employees. And my contact person makes it very easy for me to get what I need to get done and know what's going on. I really value and appreciate that because I travel all over the country for my job and I don’t always have time to communicate with everybody in the day that I need to. I just sent her an email this morning, and she responded back quickly. My experience with Alliance has been positive and I'm really happy with them. I've spoken to two friends already about them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been in business for about 12 years. I have a big warehouse and I decided that I didn’t need it. I didn’t want to work out of my home, so I decided to go the virtual office route. Alliance Virtual Offices had the best reasonable price in the area so I signed up with them, which I did through an online procedure. Also, when I picked up my mail once, the agent who assisted me was awesome, friendly and nice. She answered all my questions and got me out of there in a timely fashion. My experience has been good so far. I would tell my friends to give this company a try.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We were starting an operation in New Orleans and were looking for male services only but didn’t find anywhere else that fit the bill. I decided to get a virtual office and signing up with Alliance gave us the opportunity to get an office on a day-by-day, plus it was close to where our person down there lives. I called them and was given a URL to set it up. The cost is on par with the industry and their service has been good.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I’ve been running a mailbox through Alliance Virtual Offices since October. While I'm looking for a more permanent space, the location is close and I already know the building. The price is affordable and comparable to everyone else, but it could be cheaper. There are some other outfits that are slightly cheaper which is important given a very limited use. That aside, setting up was very easy and I've been pleased with the service. I've also dealt with the receptionist and the office manager in the new office and the experience has been positive as well.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We wanted to have a presence on the West Coast and we needed an office address for the most part, as well as conference rooms. The setup process with Alliance Virtual Offices wasn’t difficult but there was of a lot of paperwork and every time I was done, there was something else. In spite of that, Alliance Virtual Offices is fine and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I needed the Westchester address and Alliance Virtual was the cheapest. However, the set-up process with them wasn’t the greatest. It was a little annoying. It was unclear which was very frustrating because this particular office is shared by several people. So, I have called the office directly about some items and they didn’t know what I was talking about. They were so confused.

There were too many contacts. I had to go through the notary process and sign a bunch of papers. We did a web conference with the notary to sign things. They also required me to do mail forwarding. I didn’t realize that there were forms I needed to sign for mail forwarding or anything. They made me go through that process before I can finally pay for it which was unnecessary. I didn’t want mail forwarding because I was not expecting any mail.

I have yet to receive an email from the mail forwarding, which I don’t know if it's because I'm simply not getting mail or because it's not getting forwarded. I didn’t get any mail but I called once or twice and said they didn’t see any mail, but they also had no idea on how to find it. It's to the point where I don’t trust the address and I tell people to mail things to my house. I switched my former address like I advertised with that address and then all government entities have that address for registration, but I don’t trust the mail system. I just use the address to advertise and I don’t want to go through the process again, which is the reason I'm not switching. I have one address and I don’t want to move.

I pay $600 a year for an address for a different business and it's owned by a small CPA firm and it's one office. It's not one of these big chains and they're outstanding. They call me whenever mail comes in and tell me to come take care of it. They're very communicative with me. That’s the same cost roughly monthly, but I didn’t want the same address for both businesses for a few reasons, so I had to get a different one. However, Alliance is overcharging for what they offer. $60 a month is overpriced because I'm not using their phone service. I'm not using anything. The average price I saw in New Jersey was about $35 for the same service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I just started our business so a virtual office was something that was required for us to get started on search engine optimization with Google. I liked the addresses Alliance was offering. I was looking for a specific area and the price was right and it made sense. I filled out the application, gave them my credit card info and there had to be a notarization to verify my identity. The notary was done via the internet on a webcam. Everything was virtual, which I liked about Alliance. The whole process took 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish. It was convenient and the website was good too. That usually helps when the websites are easy to navigate. I’ve gone to the office where we have the mailbox and the people were very friendly and helpful. Without Alliance, I wouldn’t be able to do business. For companies starting out, it's reasonable. And for what needs to be done, it’s got to get done, so it’s not bad.

Alliance Virtual Offices expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Alliance Virtual Offices is a small business solution that provides an office address, local or toll-free telephone number, live receptionist and meeting rooms in your company name. Its services are ideal for self-employed, mobile and work-from-home professionals who need an occasional office space to meet with clients, a receptionist to take calls and an official office address to receive mail and packages.

• Live receptionists: Alliance Virtual Offices employs a large team of receptionists based in Las Vegas, Nevada, who are trained to answer your incoming calls in a professional and personalized way. You can customize the exact script the receptionist will use when answering client calls, and seamlessly have calls transferred to your cellular or other phone during your working hours.

• Virtual phone system: A virtual phone system, also known as a VoIP phone, allows your company to set up a corporate-type phone system for less money. Alliance Virtual Office’s virtual phone system offers conference calling, dial by name directories and more.

• Local meeting rooms: Alliance Virtual Offices offers its clients physical meeting spaces in major cities throughout the world, including Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, Dallas, Melbourne, Houston, London, Beijing, Tokyo, Brussels, Paris, Las Vegas and more. Find the location nearest you by searching your zip code on their site’s location finder.

• Flexible booking hours: If you need to book a meeting room for only a few hours a week, you can pay by the hour. Some locations allow for half- or full-day bookings, so you won’t have to pay for the room longer than you need it.

• Virtual office location: If you need to have mail or packages delivered to you under a professional name and prefer not to use your home address or a P.O. Box, you can opt to use a virtual office location through Alliance Virtual Offices.

• Notary service: In order to have mail delivered to your virtual office address, you will need to complete a CMRA (Commercial Mail Receiving Agency) form to authorize Alliance to receive your mail. You can expedite and simplify this process by using Alliance’s online notary service at no extra cost.

• Best for: business start-ups and self-employed, mobile and work-from-home professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs