4.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 80 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you an entrepreneur that is always on the move, but would like to provide your clients an address and company phone number? Alliance Virtual Offices is the solution you have been looking for! With more than 600 locations in 40 countries, Alliance Virtual Offices gives your business the capability of having a receptionist, local number, and a real business address. Our world-class service is simple and you can be signed up in minutes. Contact us today and obtain your new virtual office with Alliance Virtual Offices.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 21, 2017

80 Alliance Virtual Offices Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I’ve been running a mailbox through Alliance Virtual Offices since October. While I'm looking for a more permanent space, the location is close and I already know the building. The price is affordable and comparable to everyone else, but it could be cheaper. There are some other outfits that are slightly cheaper which is important given a very limited use. That aside, setting up was very easy and I've been pleased with the service. I've also dealt with the receptionist and the office manager in the new office and the experience has been positive as well.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We wanted to have a presence on the West Coast and we needed an office address for the most part, as well as conference rooms. The setup process with Alliance Virtual Offices wasn’t difficult but there was of a lot of paperwork and every time I was done, there was something else. In spite of that, Alliance Virtual Offices is fine and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I needed the Westchester address and Alliance Virtual was the cheapest. However, the set-up process with them wasn’t the greatest. It was a little annoying. It was unclear which was very frustrating because this particular office is shared by several people. So, I have called the office directly about some items and they didn’t know what I was talking about. They were so confused.

There were too many contacts. I had to go through the notary process and sign a bunch of papers. We did a web conference with the notary to sign things. They also required me to do mail forwarding. I didn’t realize that there were forms I needed to sign for mail forwarding or anything. They made me go through that process before I can finally pay for it which was unnecessary. I didn’t want mail forwarding because I was not expecting any mail.

I have yet to receive an email from the mail forwarding, which I don’t know if it's because I'm simply not getting mail or because it's not getting forwarded. I didn’t get any mail but I called once or twice and said they didn’t see any mail, but they also had no idea on how to find it. It's to the point where I don’t trust the address and I tell people to mail things to my house. I switched my former address like I advertised with that address and then all government entities have that address for registration, but I don’t trust the mail system. I just use the address to advertise and I don’t want to go through the process again, which is the reason I'm not switching. I have one address and I don’t want to move.

I pay $600 a year for an address for a different business and it's owned by a small CPA firm and it's one office. It's not one of these big chains and they're outstanding. They call me whenever mail comes in and tell me to come take care of it. They're very communicative with me. That’s the same cost roughly monthly, but I didn’t want the same address for both businesses for a few reasons, so I had to get a different one. However, Alliance is overcharging for what they offer. $60 a month is overpriced because I'm not using their phone service. I'm not using anything. The average price I saw in New Jersey was about $35 for the same service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I just started our business so a virtual office was something that was required for us to get started on search engine optimization with Google. I liked the addresses Alliance was offering. I was looking for a specific area and the price was right and it made sense. I filled out the application, gave them my credit card info and there had to be a notarization to verify my identity. The notary was done via the internet on a webcam. Everything was virtual, which I liked about Alliance. The whole process took 20 to 30 minutes from start to finish. It was convenient and the website was good too. That usually helps when the websites are easy to navigate. I’ve gone to the office where we have the mailbox and the people were very friendly and helpful. Without Alliance, I wouldn’t be able to do business. For companies starting out, it's reasonable. And for what needs to be done, it’s got to get done, so it’s not bad.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I needed a virtual office and Alliance is one of those that I found on the internet. I availed of the office and mail-forwarding services. It was very easy to do an online application and submission of some information. They verified everything and then it was done. Plus, the transition was easy. Their rep was very cordial and professional and she stayed on top of things. Everything has been great, so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Virtual Offices?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I travel internationally about three weeks out of every month and I'm not around to answer my phone. Our organization is not at capacity yet where I can hire a staff member to sit here at the desk and I don’t have enough work for them to do, so I was looking for someone that could answer the phones, be a representative of the organization, be professional and connect calls to me, and if they couldn’t connect calls to me to send me an email so that I can connect as soon as it was foreseeable.

I have the reception service and an address from Alliance Virtual Offices. The set-up process was very easy, however, I nearly became irate because they were sending all my mail back to sender including thousands of dollars of donation because I run a non-profit. The only reason I even found out about it was because one person said, “Why did I get return to sender on that mailing address you’ve given me that’s on your business card?” So when I realized that Alliance Virtual Offices were returning to sender all of my mail, I called.

I'm in the business where when things aren't happening correctly I want it fixed immediately and when the person I spoke to who was the manager said, “I will try and take care of this tomorrow.”, I said, “That’s not going to be an appropriate response. This is my business. This is money that is not coming in to my organization. I can't pay my bills every month if you keep returning to sender. You have about 30 minutes to figure out what the problem is or if they want I'm totally fine then I'm going to cancel all my services because I need something reliable.” And I could tell that the person I was talking to was very young and had no idea of how to handle anything that I said. He was doing the best he could do, but also at that same he didn’t know how to do problem resolution for high level executives.

I got a phone call back two days later, which was ridiculous to me and they just said that they were going to refund half of my charges for that particular month because they didn't know what happened except for the fact that someone who was in charge of taking notes and putting whose address was at that building didn’t do it and so there was no way to say how long. The mail was getting returned to sender. I don’t know how much money I will lose a month because donors are going to continue resending checks to an organization or an address that’s saying return to sender and it would look like I am a fraud. And so my moral dilemma now is do I stay with this company even though I changed all my business cards over to it or do I cancel it and just hire a staff so that I have someone that can do the job that I need to be done and trust that it can be done in a professional way.

I have yet to get an email. They said they’ve been forwarding it and so I'm ready to drive over there and strangle someone because I was out of the country for three weeks. I know people have been sending checks for donations and I have yet to get any piece of mail from them. And I continue getting this email from Alliance Virtual Offices that says once I get the piece of mail that they forwarded it on, click on the link to say that I’ve received it. And every time I get that email it makes me so angry because I've yet to get any document from them. If I could get out of it now and never have done it I absolutely would have because I could have found someone else to answer the phone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I really like to have a home office so that's where I work and spend most of the time when I'm not on site on the street. But sometimes I need to schedule a meeting or something more formal then it's always good to invite my customers to have a nice place to get together and discuss some progress. Getting set up with Alliance Virtual Offices was very easy and fast, but after a couple of months I decided to change the package a little bit to add a second company, and someone answering the phone. This process, however, was a little bit confusing.

They provided me a paper with all the options that they have but they were different from what I've been using with Alliance. It would be more expensive than what I would be paying directly to the office here at Orlando if I had started with them since the beginning. It's not a big difference, around $10, but I was expecting to pay exactly the same price that they presented to me over at the office. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to have the service.

When I asked Daniela, we agreed on $154 for the entire fee. One company owns the address and the second company has an address plus answering phone, lobby list and telephone number. But until now, I don’t have my company name down the lobby list just because of $10. I tried to contact Daniela a couple of times and she wasn’t returning my calls, but then my office manager contacted her and they discussed this issue. I was misunderstood but I don’t know if it was by my side or by Daniela’s side. But in the end I have the sensation of paying more for the same service. I would tell others to take care with the price and to check first with the office itself so as not to be paying more. That aside, Daniela is very kind and I like the service. We've even started a different approach where we're definitely going to be using more of the office itself.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

With Alliance, it’s just timing. When I called needing a location right then and there, they were available. What I like about them was that they forward the mail. Cost is fine. I am satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Alliance has good pricing and their internet marketing is outstanding. When I went through and set up everything, I could do the whole 1583 verification two-form ID on the camera that was on their system and that was a killer. The setup process was a fast, easy run-through and they're the best virtual office I’ve ever had to deal with. The service was awesome and they are tenfold compared to everyone else. They’ve been rock stars and I’m happy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I'm a painting contractor and here in Connecticut, I live in a rural part of the state. Where I'm trying to attract business from is more densely populated and more suburban, so a lot of the potential customers that I spoke with would ask where I was calling from and my address was too far for them even though they weren't the ones doing the driving. I thought a quick fix would be to get a virtual office with an address as far south as I could afford. I decided to go with Alliance Virtual Offices because they were high up on the Google search and their price seemed reasonable.

A representative walked me through the set-up and as soon as I provided them with the documentation that was necessary, I had an account set up and I was able to use the virtual office. Now I’m licensed to the address so I can use that on my business cards. They're also accepting mail there from people who happened to mail things there for me, though I try to avert that. They're also holding my mail and I would be notified when I get mail. Plus, if I need conference rooms, that's also available a la carte.

So far, they're doing a great job of holding my mail and 33% of the time, they notified me when I got mail. The other 66%, they did not. The initial time where I got a letter sent to me, I was only notified by email once. The second and third times that I had letters sent to me, I was not notified. After not receiving them and wondering where these documents were, I finally called up Alliance's office to verify that I indeed had something delivered. Then, I went to go pick them up. There should be better communication when the post office delivers anything for me and Alliance should let me know when I actually get a letter delivered. Other than that, people are more receptive to the closer proximity of my virtual office than where I actually live, so that's a positive.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I wanted to build business credit so I decided to get a virtual office. Credit Sweep was showing a difference between Alliance and other companies and their rep said that Alliance was the best. Prior to him saying that, I experienced not so good customer service with other companies. I went with Alliance and I use their live receptionist service. Their reps were able to answer any question I had and told me about anything that I had to be informed of like if I've got mails or any calls.

All in all, Alliance provides the best customer service at a great cost and so far, everything is smooth. They helped me dramatically by letting me have access to other things as far as doing business credit and trade alliance and I hope they continue to help businesses. They understand what's the purpose of the virtual office as well as the complexities in regard to businesses and business credit. Other businesses don't really understand that. If someone wants their business to scale to the next level, Alliance is one of the places I would recommend to them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I'm in the process of starting my own law firm and Alliance Virtual Offices was a good transition point. I didn't have to necessarily pay the rent for a full office until I built up my customer base. At the same time I got to have the opportunity to have an office, which I need, based on the bar rules. I went with Alliance because it seemed that it was the quickest way to do it online. The other virtual office systems didn't seem like an online program. It seems a little bit silly and unnecessary to have to go to notary, call someone, schedule an appointment then figure out what they're offering me. I didn't have the time and effort to do that. Alliance just offers their rate and if you want to signup then you can go for it. The cost is right on par with what other people were offering but the benefit of me not having to deal with calling people and scheduling appointments made them much more attractive.

The coolest part with them was there was an online notary process too. I have a webcam and I talked to the notary via that. She confirmed my signature, then had me upload a couple of documents for my identity. That was it. Someone called me at some point to confirm and make sure everything was okay. Then I just put in my credit card information. I get how much it was going to cost and it was upfront. I had a little portal page that told me everything I needed. I had an expectation that the setup would be done within a day, though, and it ended up taking three days, which isn't that bad. It is still simple but if there's a way to speed up the process where you can put the information and figuring how to get it done within 24 hours that would be even better. But I know that sometimes it's not possible. So it would be nice for them to kind of give you an estimate to say how long it'll take. Just say how many hours.

I found the Alliance team to be responsive in giving me back whatever feedback information I needed. I have to have an office base and without it I wouldn't have a business. Beyond that I also find that just being able to put down that it's on Wilshire Avenue has been really beneficial. It looks legitimate. Alliance allowed me to have a business and that's the best benefit of all. Definitely check out and go with Alliance. They’re straight and easy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I thought of my clients and one of the freelancers out there can have an address in that particular region, so I got Alliance Virtual Offices. I went with them over other companies due to cost and setting up with them was quite easy. I had to verify a couple of documents and verify myself on camera and that's it. Their rep, Sarah, tried to give me options and guided me well. She understood that I was not looking for a very costly commercial office. It was a good experience and I would recommend Alliance Virtual Offices.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

We work in an industry where we don't really need a physical office and we could just work from home. But we needed a business mailing address. Plus, my boss moved to the area where they’re at and he needed to find an office. We signed up with Alliance and setting up our office address was easy. But the whole camera thing was tedious. The Alliance team has been great though. When I go on their website, a chat box pops up right away so I'm able to get help immediately. All in all, our experience has been simple and convenient.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We needed our Alliant Virtual number so in case someone lands on our webpage and needs to contact via voice we have somebody there to answer that call. It's always running and gunning. Going with Alliance felt like the right move. A rep sent me an email with some questions which I filled it out and got back to them. Then we got to make a whole modification after that and it was easy. Dealing with one person primarily was good too. All my interactions with them were thorough and positive and the cost is reasonable. All this seems to be on point so overall I'm very happy with the service. If someone looks for a virtual receptionist I'd definitely refer them to Alliance Virtual Offices because I had a good experience with the set-up.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I wanted a stable space that could get business and where things that really matter will could go to. I did the reconnaissance and somebody reached out to me. But I didn't have any questions because I did my research and made the decision to go with Alliance Virtual Offices. I liked their cost, location and availability. With Alliance, I get stability in terms of office spacing and general office services. But it’s not something to consider if I had a smaller business.

Their set up process was all done online. I filled out an application request and they let me know that it was possible for me to take up a virtual office space. I signed a contract with them and went about the process of signing all documents, getting everything over to them and setting up how things will be made. I also needed to get something notarized and they have a service where I could have notarization through an online notary. It was interesting and cool. It cut time out of the process and from there, everything was done.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I'm an entrepreneur and I needed a business address present. I was referred to Alliance by this other company I do business with so I got set up with them and it was a simple process. The initial guy that got in contact with me was overly friendly, very helpful and did his best to accommodate me on the questions I had. But there were lots of back and forth emails. They eventually called me then we talked about the rate and it was reasonable since I looked at other ones. So the process was a little long and there were a lot of channels. I had to speak from one person to another, too. If they could narrow the channels, that would not only speed up the process, but they could get on with making more sales.

Otherwise, they have a fair cost for the quality of service I get. They're also going to automatically get referrals from me. I happen to be their most perfect customer because I set up LLCs and I have to refer business addresses for other entrepreneurs. And I'm going to refer Alliance not because they're immaculate but because they're what I'm using.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I needed to have a physical business address and I was referred to Alliance Virtual Offices by a friend. Getting set up with them was easy. I also got the mail service but I haven't gotten any mail since I started. It's been about three months and I've called them a couple of times. My interactions with their team have been fine and there were a couple of times that they said they would take care of it, but it hasn’t been taken care of. They said they were going to do a test mail to see if it came to me or came back then follow up but nobody’s ever followed up. I'm busy working out of town so I haven't had the chance to figure out what's going on. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Alliance Virtual Offices had a good pricing with a combo on the phone and the address. I got a virtual office as a part of building credit for the business. The setup process was easy, and the guy that I signed up with is good, so I keep using him. The cost and quality of service have been good, and the phone number works. Alliance is doing good. They usually just fix all the stuff that I run into problems with, and if there is stuff that other people want or need, I just call them, and they get everything moving again. Overall, I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I've had a pleasant experience with Alliance Virtual Offices. I've just started a business and I'm going to be working virtually. Though I work from home, I wanted to have a different address. Plus, I wanted the flexibility in case I needed the office space for meetings. I initially saw them online and the address was close to where I was going to be living. I just moved so it was perfect. I did a live chat, and I asked whether or not I can go in to see the premises before I committed. The customer service rep was responsive and coordinated the information. I was able to go visit them within two days. I'm using their mail receiving service and paying $50. I wish it was $35, but it's okay. It's convenient and gets the job done.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I have an address and phone service for $160 with Alliance Virtual Offices, which is pretty good. I would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I use Alliance Virtual Offices for an office address for mail for now, and so far, the cost and quality are good. Their local office front desk lady answered all my questions and she was pretty nice. I will continue using them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The person I was doing my FDF with recommended Alliance Virtual Offices. I called them up and told them the location that I was interested in. And I went through a verification process of my identity and made a payment through my credit card and I was set up. It was quick and much easier than I thought, and I like it a lot. I've only been working with them a couple of months, but the experience has been fine so far.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I needed a solution that wasn't expensive but would serve my need of having a touch-and-go place. I signed up with Alliance because of their location and price, and I use them as a day office and mailbox. Dealing with them has been smooth, quick and painless, and everything has been great.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I got a virtual office because I wanted to have more credibility for my business. The person that was telling me about how to start a business told me to go with Alliance Virtual. I called and then I had to send them my information. And then, I had to go online with a notary person. I had to go over the application. Once that gets done I pay for it and they set me up. I use the address to get mails sent there. I called them one-time to see if I can have somebody else come and pick up my mail and they assisted me with that. The cost and the quality of the service are competitive. I like my office. It's one of the nicest buildings in downtown Oakland. I also like the location. It's close to where I live. I've had a good experience with going and pick up my mails from there.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I needed to set up my business in a way that it looks more professional. When I present my business to other lending institutions and other corporations, I can put forth a good foot. My Alliance salesperson and I clicked right there and pretty much closed the deal. He helped me get my company from falling to balling. I also had good interactions with Alfonzo, the guy who helped me set everything up. That process was easy. Everybody I have gotten in contact with has been pretty good and friendly. Alliance is a good buy and the cost is reasonable. I use the address, live receptionist, and the phone search. Right now, I'm just getting things and I'm feeling it. And although I'd still need a little bit more time to get a true gauge on it, Alliance has boosted my business and improved it. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I started with Alliance Virtual Offices a month or two ago for my business because it had good reviews. I signed up and then got contacted by them. I filled up formalities and got set up. So far, it has been fine and everything is good.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We’re mostly in Philadelphia and 45 minutes north of Allentown and we wanted to get some more business further north as people would think we have an office in that area. So we decided to get a virtual office and we chose Alliance because of their cost. We mostly use their phone service and setting up our account was easy. There was some confusion at first but we've already gotten all the wrinkles ironed out. So far, it's doing its purpose.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My friend had worked with Alliance Virtual Offices before and she recommended them to me. I'm in the process of building my business and I needed the California address and exactly what Alliance Virtual Offices was offering. It's great to have because it's on my website. Their service is awesome and I like it. They are very fast and very professional. Setting up the process with them was easy, too. I just had to notarize one document and email it to them. The next day, they got it done. They're answering their phone every time you call. The only concern I have is I am not receiving any mail for over three months since I've been working with them. Also, the cost could be a little bit less though it's reasonable for the services they provide. Other than that, everything is great.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have a solo law practice and I typically will work from home but I don’t want to post my home address to the public. And so it’s either PO Box or virtual office and a virtual office is helpful for those clients who, when they look you up, they want to see your address and if you have an office address, it just may be helpful for them. And that made me sign up with Alliance Virtual Offices considering also their location and cost. Compared to other options, they were slightly cheaper than a few others. I use AVO for their mail forwarding service so if someone looks me up, they’ll find that address for my law practice and that’s where the mail will be delivered, and I can go collect it from them. However, I think the virtual office services are overpriced but that’s not AVO in particular. I don’t have anything negative to say about them in particular and I’ve not had a negative experience with them.

Alliance Virtual Offices response

Hello G,

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Regarding pricing: it's not the first time one of our clients mentions that they think it might be a bit overpriced. But part of why a lot of people think our service is expensive is because of PO Boxes and similar services, where you get charged a relatively small fee per month or year, but we aren't really like a PO Box because we go beyond the mail service. We lend a very professional and exclusive business address and a place from where you can actually do business from, which is something invaluable for many businesses because, as you know, it's all about location, location, location. As the months pass by you'll come to realize that this address is an asset for your business!

Thank you!

Alliance Virtual Offices Company Information

23 Corporate Plaza Dr #150
Newport Beach
www.alliancevirtualoffices.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use