Find a Business Loans partner

2. Finance
  3. Business Loans

3.7/5 (83 ratings)
Find a Business Loans partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About OnDeck

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

OnDeck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnDeck?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnDeck?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Filled collection on an account I am not responsible for. I was not a cosigner or responsible for the loan they gave the business. I have the paperwork to prove it. Still they continue to attack my credit for it. Bad business practices. Read the reviews I'm not the only one. Don't fall for it! Use anyone else.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I just don't think this kind of business is ethical. I can't imagine what business can pay 25% and more for a loan and not be hurting someone in the process. Greed is ruining this world and this tank of sharks has to be leading the charge.

Get buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My entire experience took less than 48hrs. Within 24hrs of signing the Agreement, the money was wired to my account as promised. Interest rates are a bit high but I would rather pay a high interest to release my stress and sleep better at nights. Now, the only thing left for me is to see if the amount I agreed to is withdrawn from my account each week. I will definitely be giving an update in a week and another one after 30-days.

Original review: June 17, 2020

This company is a ripped off. They try to get all the interest when you sign up for a loan. Because when you want to early pay off they already got all the high rate interest. You just have a very little deductible interest left.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Excellent Company especially our account manager Anastasia **. She is very hands-on with her clients and very knowledgeable. She returns your call, answers all your questions and gives you the best customer service than anyone could ask for. Any companies searching for business loans I would definitely recommend OnDeck to other businesses.

Original review: June 2, 2020

The whole process took about 2 weeks. Johnny was an excellent loan specialist, that moved quickly to assist me with obtaining the funds my small business needed. I was very pleased to see their responsiveness during a time of a pandemic. I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I can only say great things of them, Scott ** was great, he called me several times to solve all the problems and today my PPP laon got approved. I tried other lending service and they were not close to Ondeck for service and speed.... If you will come across Scott ** you will be very lucky, he is great.

Original review: May 27, 2020

My Payroll company Gusto recommended OnDeck as specialist in PPP loans. Gathering all the documents for this loan was a very tedious process. I was very nervous about making a mistake and then not being eligible for the loan. It was such a help to be assigned to Anthony ** as loan specialist. He looked over everything carefully and made sure all was in place. Once he was assigned to me, the process went very fast and smoothly. If I needed to provide anything in addition, I was send a secure way to upload the documents. I'm forever grateful to having made the decision to go with OnDeck and recommend them highly.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I was referred to OnDeck by my payroll company Gusto. The purpose was to apply for a PPP loan. The process was easy to understand, mostly automated, and went very smoothly. Once I had submitted my documents, I was contacted shortly thereafter by a representative from OnDeck who helped me with the agreements and closing details. I had been a little concerned because I had accidentally put the wrong number of employees in the online application, but this was readily corrected when I let the representative know.

I was very pleased and rather surprised that the whole thing only took about a week, from the time I started the application until the time that the PPP loan was in my bank account. I have a friend who went through a similar process for his PPP loan with another bank and his process took several weeks. I am very happy to fully recommend OnDeck.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Great customer service! Fast and easy no hassle.. Had a great agent that helped me through the process.. answered any concerns through email in a timely matter. I would definitely recommend you guys to everyone.

OnDeck author review by Barbara Friedberg

OnDeck was founded in 2007 and is a publically traded company. It’s headquartered in New York City. Since it began, the company has provided over $4 billion in capital to small businesses. They base their application approval on both a business’ gross revenue and the owner’s credit history.

• Scalable: OnDeck offers small business loans in amounts from $5,000-$500,000 and lines of credit from $6,000-$100,000. The scalable size of loans and lines of credit allows clients to only take out and pay interest on the amount of money they need.

• Extended hours: Loan specialists are available to help interested consumers and clients during extended business hours. They can be reached by phone or instant messaging between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. six days a week.

• Single application: When business owners submit an application to OnDeck, the lender determines which type of loan will best suit the business. This means that by filling out a single application the business owner applies for every type of financing OnDeck offers. This policy makes the application process simple and allows business owners to get advice about which funding option is the best choice.

• FAQs: The FAQ section of OnDeck’s website offers detailed answers to many questions interested customers might have. They can learn about exactly which documents they will need to have when applying, minimum qualifications for financing and typical rates and fees.

• Returning customer rates: Previous OnDeck customers qualify for a lower origination fee when they receive a second loan. After a business’ third loan, they may not pay any origination fee.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor