4.9(4,975)

About Sherpa Auto Transport

Sherpa Auto Transport is an auto transportation provider offering door-to-door shipping, customer service focused on professional, frequent communication, and accurate pricing based on real-time data. Sherpa’s Price Lock Promise tells you exactly how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. You can contact Sherpa Auto Transport to get a free full-service auto transport quote.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Door-to-door shipping
  • Strictly vetted carriers
  • Price Lock Promise
  • Free car wash upon delivery
Cons
  • Terminal-to-terminal transport not offered

Stars Rating

• 94%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sherpa Auto Transport?
    Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

You have to appreciate this is a difficult business and process. I had no hard dates for pickup and delivery from west coast to east coast so when a transporter had space I was contacted. The vehicle was picked up when specified and I was notified a day ahead of delivery and vehicle was delivered at exactly the time specified. Overall went smoothly with no problems. Sherpa was always there to answer questions and very professional in communicating. I would highly recommend them based on my experience.

Pinned

Neil, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Auto transport can certainly be challenging at times, but at Sherpa, we’re committed to making sure the process is smooth and stress-free for our customers. We make this happen by keeping you up to date on the status of your vehicle throughout the transport and thoroughly vetting the carriers we partner with to relocate your vehicle. Thank you for choosing Sherpa! We look forward to working with you and any of your friends/family you send our way!

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

Everyone we had contact was more than pleasant and extremely helpful. From making the reservation, to the driver who picked the car up, to the facility where the car was delivered. Every aspect was exactly how I would have wished for it to be. I recommend Sherpa without reservation and they certainly be my “go to” from here on.

Pinned

Donna, it was our pleasure to help you transport your vehicle. We work hard to make sure every customer’s experience with Sherpa is as pleasant and stress-free as yours was. This happens when our representatives provide frequent and honest updates throughout the transport process, transparent pricing and thoroughly vet potential carriers which ensures we only work with the best. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We promise to deliver the same high-level of excellent customer service and timely delivery of your vehicle next time we work together!

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

Sherpa arranged for the door-to-door pickup/delivery of a 1972 Corvette from Edmore, MI to Stockbridge, GA. Other companies said they could do it for less, but when they could not locate a driver, they increased the quote and/or asked that I take the auto to a large city -- the closest being over 50 miles away. I could not do that. Sherpa never mislead me on the price or the delivery period. I was completely satisfied with Sherpa's communication and communication from the driver. There was a one day delay in the delivery due to the driver having a mechanical failure needing repair, but he kept me informed and it was no problem.

Pinned

Douglas, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We know it must have been difficult to place your trust in another broker after having unpleasant previous experiences while trying to move your Corvette. Your frustration with fluctuating prices and broken promises made by some brokers in the industry is something we hear all too often from our customers. As you experienced for yourself, Sherpa operates differently. We love the way you described it - we promise to never mislead customers regarding the cost or the pick up and delivery timeline. We give you one price and stick to it. The quote we provide is determined based off of real-time market value and is an accurate representation of what it will cost to relocate your vehicle in accordance with your preferred dates. Thank you for again for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Customer ServicePriceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

After speaking to four other shippers, I chose Sherpa to help with our auto transport from Texas to Georgia. At my first contact with Kelsey, I felt confident that the company was customer-first oriented and valued good communication. They had all the answers to the questions I asked and their good price was a plus. Although there were delays on our side in getting the vehicle ready for pick-up, Sherpa kept in constant contact with us through email. They provided complete step-by step instructions on the entire pickup and delivery process. Delivery was "as promised" and the carrier was professional, courteous and efficient. With Sherpa we felt confident in a good transport and were not disappointed. We would definitely use them again if the need arose.

Pinned

Deanna, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. You described us best when you said that we are "customer-first oriented." We bring this philosophy into every interaction and decision we make regarding a transport. Your experience is emblematic of what we strive to provide every customer with - a smooth and stress-free transport. We appreciate your business and look forward to your call when you need to transport a car again in the future!

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

I did quite a bit of research online before hiring Sherpa to transport a vehicle from Oklahoma to California. I had an excellent experience from start to finish and would highly recommend both Sherpa and the driver they hired to transport the vehicle. Pickup was on time and delivery was within an hour of their initial prediction. The car wash they included once the car wash was delivered is a nice touch as the car was filthy from 2k miles of travel. There are a lot of horror stories online about unethical transport companies and I'm happy to say none of that applies to Sherpa. I would recommend them without hesitation. Their price wasn't the lowest but it was very competitive.

Pinned

Steve, it means a lot that you chose to work with us out of the many options available in the marketplace. We don't take your trust for granted and promise to treat each car entrusted into our car as if it were our own.

There are many things that set Sherpa apart from the rest, but our customer-first mindset is the most important. We are proud to offer innovative programs, such as our Clean Car Guarantee, which offers a free car wash, to ensure customer satisfaction. We're so glad that you took advantage of this Guarantee!

Thanks again for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Price

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

Amazed by the promptness of the service! My 2017 Nissan was picked up on Wednesday, about 4:00pm GA time in Midland, GA It was delivered to my son in Fresno, CA about 5:00pm on Friday. The overall cost was $1,545, no ups no downs, no surprises. No damage and no excuses. Compare this to the ** who wanted $6,845 and promised delivery in about 30 days. I highly recommend Sherpa.

Pinned

Charles, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! Sherpa was founded to disrupt the auto transport industry by providing excellent, prompt and courteous customer service. You experienced this for yourself when we worked together to relocate your Nissan to California. We appreciate you recommending us and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2018

The total transaction was positive from beginning to end. The customer service representative we contacted answered all of our questions, she called to make sure everything was in order, the driver who picked up the car was professional and polite, the vehicle was delivered ahead of schedule with no damage.

Pinned

Betty, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Our representatives are more than happy to answer any question you might have. We want our customers to feel educated on how the auto transport process works so they can feel confident in choosing to work with Sherpa. We appreciate you choosing Sherpa Auto Transport and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2018

Excellent service. Woman who contacted me provided a very detailed explanation of the auto shipping process, pricing, etc. We had originally gone with another company which quoted a very low price. That company kept telling us they had a truck available to transport our car, and then nothing ever materialized. We contacted Sherpa last minute, and they explained that our car was quoted too low and no truck would pick up since both our pick up and delivery were in remote locations. Sherpa found a different truck in two days and the driver was absolutely wonderful. Great communications on all ends. Extremely happy, and would definitely use Sherpa in the future.

Pinned

Hi Nancy. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Here at Sherpa we don’t just want to help you move your car. Our representatives want to make sure that our customers understand the ins and outs of the auto transport process so that you can feel not just comfortable, but confident, in choosing to work with us. Too often we hear from customers what you experienced first-hand, a disappointing previous experience that was riddled with poor communication and falsehoods. We are committed to disrupting this industry trend by providing honest, market-based pricing, partnering with carriers we know will treat your car as if it were their own, and keeping you updated throughout the transport. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2018

My experience with Sherpa was smooth from my first phone call to them. I had lots of questions and they answered all of them with clarity and patience. Doing business with them was very easy overall and the pricing was reasonable. I also had a positive experience with the driver, who kept in touch with me during the transport. Plus it took only 5 days to get my car cross country! I’d sum up my experience with Sherpa as professional and friendly with excellent customer service.

Pinned

Pam, we love hearing that you describe your experience working with us was “smooth.” A flawless, stress-free transport is what we strive to provide for every customer. We make this happen by guiding our customers through the process with frequent and helpful communication, honest, transparent pricing and working only with carriers with the best reputations. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2018

5 Stars for my experience Driver contacted me when he was suppose to. Was cautious and prompt. He delivered my car to its destination on time and without a scratch. I will use this auto transport every time I need this service.

Pinned

Thomas, it's wonderful to hear you had a five-star experience working with Sherpa! It was our pleasure to help you ship your car. Our dedication to customer satisfaction is what sets us apart from the rest and ensures that our customers will have stress-free auto transport experience. We look forward to working with you next time you need to ship a vehicle.

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2018

Sherpa team is truly professional. After I paid advance, ** picked up & delivered my car as per schedule without any damage. Customer service is accommodative, suggested schedule as per my need, offered competitive price, provided updates throughout. Nice job guys. Will recommend to my friends and peers.

Pinned

Sai Veera, thank you for choosing Sherpa! We appreciate your feedback on your experience with your chosen driver. We thoroughly vet each carrier we work with and are glad to hear that our process is continuing to prove successful. We will be sure to update his record to reflect your positive comments. Thanks for recommending us to others - referrals are our favorite type of compliment!

Punctuality & SpeedDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2018

I trusted Sherpa to pick up my classic Studebaker Champ truck despite the fact that I could not be at either end of the shipment, but would have to trust that they found a good driver. Well, the truck arrived exactly on time and, despite the mid-winter shipment, was in perfect shape. Thanks much, Sherpa!

Pinned

Jim, we are grateful you chose Sherpa to transport your Studebaker Champ truck. The auto transport process can often present challenges, but we are proud that we were able to make this process easy for you, as we do for all our customers. Thanks for choosing Sherpa! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2018

My vehicle was transported from Brunswick, GA to Tucson, AZ. A transporter was found that was able to meet our tight timetable. Everything went smoothly and the vehicle was delivered on time and without any damage. I highly recommend Sherpa for vehicle transport.

Pinned

Dave, thank you for choosing Sherpa! Sherpa was founded to disrupt the auto transport industry by making the shipping process smooth and stress-free. You experienced this firsthand when we helped you relocate your car to Arizona. Thanks again for working with us. Should you need to transport another vehicle in the future we look forward to getting your call!

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2018

My daughter is in the Marines back at Quantico, Virginia and she needed a car. I looked at one other company and I saw the reviews. Plus, my maiden name is Sherpa so I thought it was meant to be so I went with them. I shipped her a Jeep Patriot from Elko, Nevada and it took four days, which was quick. When the vehicle arrived, the vehicle was dirty traveling that time of the year but the condition was fine. The cost was reasonable and the service was very appropriate. Also, the main person in their office, the dispatch people and the driver were all great.

Pinned

Ilene, we are grateful for your daughter’s service. It was our pleasure to help you relocate her vehicle to Virginia where she is stationed. Just as if you had driven her Jeep from Nevada, cars can get dusty while in transit. That’s why we’re proud to offer our Clean Car Guarantee which enables your daughter to get her car washed with Sherpa covering the cost. If she hasn’t taken advantage of this program, please reach out so we can assist in making this happen! We want her (and you) to be as happy with the state of her car at its destination as you were when it was picked up. Thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport!

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2018

Danielle, my daughter, is newly-married and has a brand-new baby. Her husband is in the Navy, so he stays in Chula Vista. This is the initial move for them and she and the baby are joining him. I researched online and keyed in “best auto transport”. Sherpa always showed up in the top three on all the search engines. A customer service rep emailed me a couple of different times about the next steps and she was great. I was very pleased with the quote and she assured me that it wouldn’t change, and it didn’t. I shipped a ’13 Sentra from Alabaster, Alabama and I was told that it would arrive sometime between the 27th and the 30th of November. It got there and was dropped off on the 27th which was not bad. I appreciate everything that I was told actually coming to fruition because typically, it’s different. Everything that she told me was exactly how it happened so, I was grateful for that.

Pinned

Virginia, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport to ship your Sentra to your daughter. We are thankful for your son-in-law’s service and the sacrifices your family makes for our country.

We want every customer to have a positive auto transport experience and we work hard to make that happen. One of the ways we do this is by sticking to the original quote we give you. When you work with Sherpa you will never encounter any last minute “gotcha” costs or hidden fees.

Thank you again! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

David increased rating by 3 stars.
    Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff
    After a positive interaction with Sherpa Auto Transport, David increased their star rating on Dec. 13, 2018.

Updated review: Dec. 13, 2018

It turns out there was a simple explanation for a problem that came down to a lack of communication. The fact that the company responded so quickly to my comments is an indication of the of their usual concern and respect for customer service. As for the bottom line, should the need arise to ship another vehicle in the future, i wouldn’t hesitate to use Sherpa.

Original Review: Dec. 12, 2018

I did my homework, noted the excellent reviews and decided to ship my 2009 Honda Civic from Portland to Santa Barbara using Sherpa. The people I talked to over the phone were courteous, knowledgeable and professional. My car was picked up yesterday and, from all indications, should arrive on time with no damage. My problem is with your so-called "transparent pricing." The rep I first talked to over the phone quoted me a price of $685.00, period, with no add-ons of any kind. He said there was a required $250 deposit and the remainder of the bill was due upon vehicle delivery. "Fine," I thought, "reasonable price and a simple procedure. All I have to do is tell the person on the other end to have 435 dollars ready."

A few days after this interaction, I get an e-mail from Sherpa stating a payment of $146 dollars had been processed and that everything was good to go. This was almost immediately followed by a second e-mail stating that the remainder of the total fee would be $550, due upon delivery. Crunching the numbers makes it appear, with credit for the deposit, the total cost comes to $800.00. And what does the 146 figure mentioned have to do with anything? I'll be the first to admit I may be missing something, but I find the pricing system something somewhat short of "transparent." My car hasn't been delivered yet, so I'm considering this whole episode as a work in progress.

Pinned

David, as you experienced firsthand, we care passionately about our customers and their transports and work very hard to get it right. As soon as we realized we didn't communicate clearly regarding our pricing, we immediately reached out to make it right and clarify. It was our pleasure to help you ship your car. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Staff

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2018

I needed to ship my car to my son's place and I liked the online reviews for Sherpa. Their reps were very pleasant and effective. The transport took five business days and the car arrived in good condition. I would recommend Sherpa.

Pinned

Sanjay, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport! Our team works hard to make sure that every vehicle transport goes as smoothly as yours did. We accomplish this by communicating honestly and frequently with our customers, offering transparent pricing and utilizing a thorough vetting process to determine the best carriers. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family. We look forward to working with them and you in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2018

The vehicle I had and the way of me towing it wasn’t gonna work. It's a piece of crap Ford and I had to ship it from New Mexico to Phoenix. Sherpa was the best deal, so I went with them. Their reps were very good and they were on the ball. They were calling and keeping me informed, and I enjoyed the ease of talking to them. If I had a question, they had an answer. The quote they gave me was good as well and it was exactly what I paid. The cost was also up to par with the quality of their service. It took a day for them to deliver my car and I’d suggest Sherpa to anybody.

Pinned

Thanks for leaving a review, Christopher! We pride ourselves on our excellent representatives who work hard to not only inform the customer of the status of their vehicle throughout their transport but also educate our customers on how the process works. We consider referrals the highest form of compliment - thank you for recommending us to your friends and family. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2018

From the beginning to the end, Sherpa Auto Transport has been amazing! They truly went above and beyond for our family. At first, I was incorrectly quoted a price, but they quickly corrected it and decided to give me an even better deal for the mixup so that I could stay within the amount I had originally budgeted for this move. The car was delivered within 4 days! (with zero damage, of course) They even called to make sure everything went smoothly. I will be using this company again!

Pinned

Miranda, one of the many things that sets Sherpa Auto Transport apart from our competitors is our deep seeded commitment to doing right by our customers. When we make a mistake, as we initially did in your case, we are quick to correct and learn from our mistakes. The Sherpa promise is to be with you every step of the way - from the first phone call to the post-delivery check-in. We’re glad that you experienced this first hand when you allowed us to move your car. Thanks for choosing Sherpa. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2018

I needed to have a personal car, a 2000 Honda, delivered out to the West Coast over a distance of 2,400 miles from coast to coast. I looked at eight transport companies before selecting Sherpa Auto Transport. I went with them due to their online reviews and one of the reviews that I read was from ConsumerAffairs. The representative of Sherpa was really good. My interaction with him was very simple and he explained all the details very well. I told him what I needed and the price range and dates that I was looking for.

The quote that I got from Sherpa was reasonable. It came within the average of the other companies I sought out and the final cost was right on. The driver was accurate with the time. He came and picked the vehicle up and dropped it off as scheduled. Photos of the car were taken before it left, then the car was examined to match against the photos when it arrived. Afterwards, someone reached out to me to ask if everything went okay and I responded in the affirmative. I am very satisfied with my experience with Sherpa.

Pinned

David, it was our pleasure to help you transport your car. It means a lot ot us that out of the many options available in the marketplace you chose to work with with Sherpa. You experienced first hand what sets our company apart from the rest - polite, professional and courteous representatives and our promise to offer fair pricing and keep you updated throughout the process. Thanks for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2018

First time relocating for work and Sherpa made the experience less stressful. Super easy to schedule and connected me with a great driver. Price was consistent with other providers but the customer service was incredible.

Pinned

Matt, we love hearing that we made your auto transport experience less stressful. Sherpa Auto Transport exists to ensure smooth vehicle relocation for our customers by providing excellent customer service and transparent, market-based pricing. It is our pleasure to guide you through the process. Thank you for choosing Sherpa!

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2018

I looked into three transport companies before finally going with Sherpa. The others didn't call me back. They don't have a phone number that is valid and have no office. They're a bunch of crazy people. But the rep of Sherpa answered the phone on the first try. He responded and came back with a quote and a valid date. He did everything that he was supposed to do and was extremely confident. Their paperwork was also exactly what he said on the phone. It was unbelievably a good experience.

Their quote was a bit more than we had paid in the past. But it was more in season so we took that into consideration. In the end the price was exactly what they quoted. The delivery driver called me and I met them on the side of the road. Transporting a car is a very unstable process normally. To me, they're brokers and they place it with drivers. But I have absolutely no complaints with Sherpa. They also did a follow-up phone call to make sure everything went well.

Pinned

Carol, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We know that the auto transport industry doesn’t always have the best reputation. This company was founded with the intention to disrupt the auto transport industry by providing excellent customer service. We fulfill this promise every day by communicating with our customers throughout the process to keep them as informed and educated as possible.

Our pricing strategy is another way that we are unique. The quotes we provide are based off real-time market data so that we can ensure your vehicle will be picked up in accordance with your timeline and delivered safely. This pricing model allows us to give one price and stick to it.

We’re so glad that our efforts to give you a stress-free transport experience were successful. Thank you again for allowing us to move your car.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2018

Sherpa contacted me promptly when they found a Shipper for my car and the shipper was at my door within 5 minutes of the stated pickup time. He was courteous, professional and speedy! The shipping team was leaving CT that evening to get ahead of the approaching snow storm. Twenty fours later the car was delivered to Arkansas as promised. Sherpa guided me through the whole process with ease and confidence in their service. After the delivery, Sherpa guided me to obtain the delivery confirmation from the shipper to complete the transaction so that I could apply for the rebate. I would recommend Sherpa to family and friends!

Pinned

Cheryl, Sherpa was founded to disrupt the auto transport industry by providing courteous customer service and honest pricing. We’re glad that you experienced what sets Sherpa apart from the rest firsthand. Thank you for sharing feedback about the driver you worked with. We will be sure to update this carrier’s file so that future customers can have the same great experience you did. Thank you for recommending us to others! A referral is the highest form of a compliment.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2018

I had high hopes for this company after reading all of their good reviews online, unfortunately that was not my experience with them. After setting up a date with them to pick up my car, my info somehow fell through the cracks (as they put it) and my car was never picked up or was I contacted. I had to leave with my family for the East coast with my car still on the West coast!!! When I finally reached someone at Sherpa they apologized profusely, but couldn’t get my car scheduled to be picked up until almost a week later! There was no financial compensation on their part either! I definitely would not recommend this company! :(

Pinned

Galia, thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we are disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations, we value your feedback as it is a crucial part in helping us continue to improve. We have already made important process improvements to prevent your situation from happening to future customers. As you can tell from reading our reviews, we care passionately about our customers and their transports and work very hard to get it right.

We accept full responsibility for your car not being shipped in accordance with your timeline. As soon as we realized our mistake, we immediately applied our entire broker fee plus additional funds to subsidize your transport by over $400. These funds were used as a further incentive to induce a driver to transport your vehicle immediately. We were successful and fortunately we quickly found a qualified driver.

We have attempted to contact to you several times by phone and email to discuss financial compensation beyond the $405 subsidy that we already paid to have your car moved, but unfortunately, we have not yet been successful. Please reach out so we can make this right.

PriceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2018

I talked to a lot of transport companies and everyone that refused to ship the vehicle that I bought in Pennsylvania was terrible. When I finally talked to Sherpa, the lady was very honest and told me upfront that it would cost a little bit more, but she explained the process. They were also the only company that had good reviews. It was a little bit more expensive than I had planned on paying, but I was very happy with the experience. And everybody I talked to was all very nice and polite.

During the process, I hadn’t closed the deal for the vehicle yet. But Sherpa was ready to go and I had to hold them back two or three times from shipping the car to Louisiana where I live. They worked with that and they were very cordial and gracious. They were on top of their game and as soon as I gave them the go, they went ahead. They picked the vehicle up on Friday evening, and they told me it will arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. They drove it over the weekend and I actually got it on Monday. It’s a 20-something-hour drive and I couldn’t ask for a better experience. I would highly want everybody to find Sherpa and go with them versus some of the ones that are not getting good feedback.

Pinned

Kevin, we’re sorry that you had such negative experiences interacting with other companies previously. We know firsthand how frustrating it can be to find a trustworthy and responsive auto transport broker. Sherpa was founded after our owner had his own unpleasant experiences shipping his vehicle. That’s why we work hard every day to defy industry expectations by communicating frequently and honestly with our customers and providing one quote and sticking to it. When you work with Sherpa you’ll never find any last minute price hikes or hidden fees.

Thank you for recommending us to others! We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2018

I have a Toyota Yaris, which is a very small, light car that's not very great for highway driving, and I didn’t wanna drive it long distance from Chicago to Washington, D.C., so I needed a transport service. I did my own personal search of transport companies and I followed up on the leads that my sister sent me. But I went to ConsumerAffairs and I prioritized those brokers. Sherpa is on the second spot on ConsumerAffairs, so I felt pretty good about that. I also looked at the Better Business Bureau.

Communication was very easy with Sherpa and I liked how they communicated. They gave me a very good price too. I received lower quotes from other companies, but I didn’t have as much confidence in them. I would rather pay more and feel better than pay less and be nervous. I was already nervous because it was a lot of money and it’s my car, and I didn’t know how things were gonna go. Sherpa said that I would get $50 if I sent in certain documentation which I already did. They told me it would take a couple of weeks for me to receive the rebate check. So I’m still in that waiting period. But even if I don’t receive the rebate check, their quote was comparable to another company that I was seriously considering.

Sherpa contracted with the driver for the pickup, but I was hoping to have time to really look into that person. But everything happened so quickly. At that point, I just had to trust what Sherpa was telling me that they very carefully vet their drivers. It was a bit of a leap of faith, but because I’ve looked into Sherpa, I just hoped they did what they said. The pick up was a very easy process. The driver communicated very well with me and he let me know when he was 20 minutes away. He showed up and he was very courteous and nice. I was still in another city during the delivery but my family was here to get the car. They said the driver was similarly communicative. They knew when he was an hour away, so they were ready for him.

I’m perfectly happy with Sherpa. It’s an expensive service moving just one car. But on the other hand, my sister and my niece drove the car from Georgia to Chicago for me, and they had an overnight stay somewhere because they didn’t wanna make that drive in one day. By the time they added in the costs for the gas and the overnight stay, the total turned out to be more expensive than the transport service to have somebody drive it back. So, Sherpa was actually less expensive for me than to have family members do it.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2018

Sherpa did a great job picking up our car and delivering it to us the next day. We were surprised how quickly we got the car. We had no worries or concerns. The car arrived in perfect condition. The driver was very nice and drove through a lot of bad weather.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2018

Car was shipped without any problems to the car. Dave, the driver did an excellent job and was very careful. He ran into some bad winter weather and had a breakdown with his truck. Even with that, he managed to get to us in a timely manner. Good job through and through.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2018

Sherpa Auto Transport was affordable, reliable and I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing to have their vehicle shipped. The entire process from start to finish was smooth and easy. From the customer service reps to the drivers I felt totally safe and comfortable with the entire experience.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2018

After doing some research on the internet and speaking with a few people at Sherpa, I was more than impressed with their professionalism than others. My impression of their reps was excellent. The transportation company they booked was just good to fair though. The overall process could be improved, but I understand from a business perspective how difficult it is to broker a spot price. Sherpa was very good on price though. The initial quote was exactly what I paid. In fact, I believe that Sherpa absorbed the additional 50 bucks when the price changed from the transportation company. We go back and forth between Florida and Pennsylvania and plan to use Sherpa again. I would recommend them to someone who has the proper expectations and knows the business model they’re getting into.

Pinned

George, thank you for choosing Sherpa Auto Transport. We strive to always provide the best experience for every customer we are privileged to work with. Unlike others in the industry, we stand behind our pricing and prefer to subsidize your move with our own money rather than asking you to pay more than we quoted you. We don’t just want to ship your vehicle - we are committed to ensuring that your experience is a positive one and are willing to put our money where our mouths are as proof. We look forward to working with you when you’re ready to ship your car back to Pennsylvania!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2018

Sherpa did a great job for us! We were absolute newcomers to shipping a car, and found the phone representatives to be informative, helpful, thorough and good with follow up. While working to locate a driver for the vehicle, Sherpa communicated with us daily. Our driver, who was courteous and careful with our car, arrived promptly and delivered the car to its new home in Seattle promptly. This was an easy transaction, which we really appreciated. We thought the shipping price was fair, especially considering what it would have cost us to drive the vehicle, stay overnight, fly home, etc. Thanks for a good job!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2018

I inherited a car, so I needed to send it from Arizona to Pittsburgh. I looked at 2 other companies and Sherpa didn't have the lowest rate, but it seemed like they were better organized and they've got reviews. They also said they would line up a driver as soon as possible, whereas other companies, it was more like the week before or something. So, it was gonna be around Thanksgiving and I just didn’t want to work around with that. Sherpa was awesome. They didn't change the rate or hold back on giving me an estimate before they found a driver, whereas other places won't give you an estimate until they find a driver. They’re more streamlined so I know that I probably paid them a little more than I would have otherwise.

I heard from them the day before the delivery. I got an email that they had picked up the car. They talked to my dad about the pickup because I wasn't gonna be there. However, although I didn't mean to be rude, I have a policy where I don't answer calls from people from numbers I don't recognize. But that number was from Cleveland, and I knew they were taking the car to Cleveland first because that is where the transport company is headquartered. I answered his call, and I missed him, and then he sent me a text that just said, “Call me back,” but he didn't say who he was even though I was pretty sure who he was. And then he called me back right away. If I have any feedback, it would be like when you talk to them, maybe their manners can be better. I kind of understand so it's okay. But if that had happened to my dad, that would probably wouldn't have been good.

Also I wish they were cheaper. I have to do this rebate. I hate rebate. It's like hassle. They know that I got the car. I’m thinking it would be awesome if they would just do it, so I didn’t have to file paperwork. Like when they coordinate the price, they did mention the rebate of $50. And then, when I got, like after I got on the phone with them and then made all the arrangements then I find out that it’s a $50 that I can get rebated. So, it would have been better if they just knocked the $50 off, which is what they quoted me originally. But it was in a phone call, so I have no proof that the estimate I was emailed had that extra 50 in it. Nevertheless, the shipping process was really simple and a lot faster than I thought it would be. The car arrived fine, and there was no damage. Everyone I dealt with was nice.

Pinned

Hi, Lauren. Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. We’re committed to ensuring our customers have a positive experience which is why we proudly offer our rebate program. The Bill of Lading is a crucial component to the auto transport process and it is vital that as a customer you receive one upon pickup and delivery. The rebate serves not only as a way to improve your experience as a customer, but also as an opportunity to remind customers of the importance of collecting the Bill of Lading. Furthermore, mailing in your Bill of Lading, a requirement to get the rebate, allows us to evaluate the carrier and determine whether or not to continue to keep them on our preferred network of drivers. We are committed to only working with the best in the industry and having the Bill of Lading in hand to evaluate is a pivotal part of our continued improvement. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2018

I relocated out of state and looked up about 30 different transport companies. Sherpa had the best quote out of all of the quotes. Everything went off without a hitch and everybody was really professional. The reps told me exactly what to expect, what time the car was gonna be there, and exactly what to expect. It was seamless. The final cost of the service was a lot lower. My original quote was around 1,195, but they came in around 850. The transport took about five days from beginning to end and they really worked with my schedule because I wanted the vehicle in as soon as possible. Winter has hit and it was coming to Illinois. I wanted it before the snowfall and I got it. The vehicle was exactly as I left it, which was a great sigh of relief.

Pinned

K, it means a lot to us that after your thorough research on all the available options in the marketplace you chose to work with Sherpa Auto Transport. We do not take your trust for granted and promise to treat every care we are privileged to transport with the utmost care. As our name implies, we promise to guide you through the process every step of the way - making your auto transport experience as easy and stress-free as possible. We love hearing we accomplished this while helping you!

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2018

I needed a car transferred from the east coast to the west coast. I looked at four transport companies and chose to go with Sherpa due to the reviews and the information they provided on their website. The Sherpa reps were very nice and answered all my questions. The driver told me I could’ve put stuff in my car, and Sherpa said I couldn’t. But other than that, everything was terrific and their price was fine.

When we were going for a quote, I wanted to meet them in a parking lot of a grocery store that was literally three miles away, but that would have cost me more money because it was a different zip code. So instead of driving three miles to meet them in a parking lot that was empty, I went nine miles to go to a grocery store parking lot. It was weird. I don’t know what services they used to figure out their pricing. Because my zip code is a Phoenixville zip code when I actually live in Valley Forge, it was a little confusing. I’m sure there are other areas in the country where people live in a town but their mail is delivered from another town. I wish they had a map they could have looked at where I was versus where they wanted to pick the car up. That was my only issue. Other than that, the experience with Sherpa went very smoothly

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2018

What an incredible company. I read so many horror stories about cars not being deliverd for days on end or damaged, no communication etc. FEAR NOT!!! Sherpa is the best!!! Not only did they pick up our 2 vehicles exactly when we asked, but also delivered them the day we asked, early and the driver waited for US to get there. He was as nice as can be, friendly, courteous, polite and professional. I will absolutely use them again and recommend them to anyone that needs car transport!!!

Pinned

Janice, we’re so glad you had a wonderful experience working with us. We work hard to make sure that every customer is as happy with their transport as you are with yours. One of the ways we do this is, as you described, keeping in constant contact with the customer so that they feel informed and up to date on the status of their vehicle. We are also committed to only working with the best carriers. Thank you for providing valuable feedback about your experience with this driver. We will be sure to add your comments to his file so we can continue to partner with only the best carriers. Thanks for sharing our name with others! A referral is the highest form of compliment.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2018

We moved from New York to Nevada and we shipped two family cars. I looked at four other transport companies, but I used Serpa Auto Transport for the customer service that I received over the telephone and how quickly I downloaded the contract. I was given enough time to look them over before I had to sign. They gave me a quote that was good for 90 days which I appreciated because at the time we didn’t have a closing date on our home. Their liability insurance and what it covered on top of my car insurance that was very thorough in taking pictures and documenting the car when taking it and did the same on the receiving end. We knew it cost a lot of money and it averaged about $1,500 a car, but the cars went 3,000 miles, so, compared to other companies that were a couple of hundred dollars less, their insurance and their pickup and delivery were not as precise as Sherpa was.

The two gentlemen that I spoke to were very helpful, nice, and professional. I initially set up with Ty and he took all of my information. The reps lived up to what they said and they didn’t charge my car until the cars arrived, with my deposit. They were also on time picking the cars up. John, one of the supervisors out in Nevada, followed my cars all the way across the country and tracked them from stop to stop. He set up to meet us at the storage facility, so we were able to drop our cars off right at the storage facility and not to have them dropped off at a third location and then drive them to where we had to leave them until we moved out there. It was a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. My cars arrived in one piece, and I was very happy about that.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2018

I got a new car, and I wanted to send the old car, an 11-year-old Volkswagen Passat which had only 39,000 miles on it, to my son in New York. I looked at three or four different transport companies and Sherpa had the best reviews, so I went with them. Sherpa emailed me and called me, and I was impressed with how quickly they got back to me. Also, they seemed to understand what I was going for. Although I didn’t wanna spend a fortune, I also was not looking to go with cheap and have it affect the car. I told them when I wanted to ship it, and they asked me if I could move up the original date that I chose for a day or two, and I said I could. They asked me if I would be willing to wait a couple of days and I said I would, too.

However, I didn’t hear from them afterwards, so I called them and asked what the situation was. They said they were going to get back to me as they were just in the process of looking for a driver, and that they should have a driver within 24 hours. When they found a driver, they got back to me and told me they would ship the car within a day or two, which was exactly the time frame that they had offered. I had said I would be willing to go on an open transport, but they couldn't get one, so they sent a closed one. Then they called me and said they were gonna foot the price difference.

The driver came right to the door when he picked up the car and he spoke with us. He was wonderful. He had a huge tandem truck with him that took up half the street. He got the car, examined it and took pictures. I also took pictures. Two days later, they brought the car to my son right to his door. My son observed that it was in perfect shape and then gave the driver the cash. I had given Sherpa a check originally, and they gave the driver the cash that was due to him. The final cost of the service was exactly what Sherpa told me it would be. I had to give them $275, which I did, and my son had to give them $400. We were supposed to get a $50 gift certificate back, but my son never filled it out. He was entitled to it only if he sent them the bill. Later on, Sherpa sent me a follow-up email asking me what I thought of their service. I thought it was excellent.