Find a Car Dealerships partner

Midwest City, OK

1.2/5 (82 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About David Stanley Dodge

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

David Stanley Dodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David Stanley Dodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about David Stanley Dodge?

Original review: March 21, 2018

While the staff was friendly, it appears it was a phony type of friendly. I was drawn to David Stanley Dodge in Midwest City by a prescreened offer. I really wasn't even thinking about buying another car. I went through a bankruptcy in 2015 and had since bought another vehicle I was satisfied with. We did need another car since our daughter was going to start going to school soon. Buying a brand new car was certainly not on my short list and it really never crossed my mind; I knew my credit needed rebuilding. It was suggested to me it was a viable option and would be no problem to do so since my current financial situation had improved greatly since the bankruptcy. They were very friendly and helpful until the deal fell through apparently.

Callie told me the finance company was asking for more money down and the deal appeared to me to be falling apart. She told me she was still working on it and would call me back with a definite answer. Never got that phone call. I assume she gave up and didn't feel the need to be courteous anymore. I had acquired new car fever, lol, and decided to call back a few days later with some more money down. I was disappointed in Callie for dumping me and told Rayce when he answered the phone, I had spoken to him before. I then told him about my new proposition, he said he would check into it and call me back. It would take about an hour; I never received that phone call. I also received numerous calls and emails about my experience with David Stanley.

The last email I responded by replying I was disappointed in for being dumped by two sales people after they found out I was not of any value to them anymore. I did not get any feedback on my reply; I assume they weren't serious about my experience there to begin with; they were just doing their job. The experience left me with a negative feeling about the dealership. I walked away with a feeling that the people there are phonies and only act friendly and courteous if they think they can get something out of you. Is that life? I actually don't think I could be that way myself. All it would have taken was a follow up phone call and I would have had no problem with them. I actually did not expect to get into a new car in the first place and was only there because of the prescreened offer of being approved for up to $32,000.

On the other hand, I still had the new car fever and decided to give Bob Howard a visit; Bob Howard Dodge in Edmond off of Memorial Rd and Broadway Ext. I drove home that night in a brand new 2018 Dodge Journey! I got it with less down and a lower payment than we discussed at the beginning of our meeting. My thanks to Julio, Kelso and the others who I found to be genuinely friendly; I did not meet any phonies there; True story!

Original review: March 15, 2018

All I ever get is I promise this and promise that. I'm trying to get help over a current car I own and all I get are broken promises. I called and asked if they could help me and Irving... I believe... said, "I promise we can help you." I said, "I don't have the funds to get up there so you better help me or I'm gonna be upset". He said, "I PROMISE." Lies all lies. Barely made it home on what little tank of gas I had and still no help. Very very disappointed over David Stanley.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Hands down the worst Service Dept around. These people are right outside one of the highest income producers in the area, Tinker. You’d think they would care about customer service a bit more. I went in for some warranty work. Failed part on a new vehicle. I got nothing but the runaround about how I mishandled the situation. I thought I’d give them a shot since it has been at least ten years since I’ve been in the place. Nope, nothing has changed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This is my second truck from them and I am in worse shape than before. I spent hours there both times, 6hrs min and ended up with a higher payment than before. First time said, "Come back in a year for lower payment". My truck was making a noise and I got worried so they said they could get me in a better deal. I ended up with a higher payment than before and I had already stressed I was struggling with payment but needed good truck for appts in city for heart and liver. I ended up with a payment I have been struggling with for 17 months and I am probably going to lose my truck. They promised a lot and delivered nothing.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Worst buying experience ever. Only cared about money not taking care of customer. Had 3 salespeople, 2 finance managers and 2 sales managers involved. Dealer had listed car for 22950 on Cars.com and I agreed to pay that price. Then a manager Justin called and said the internet price on Cars.com and dealer website was wrong and now car is not 22950 but 26950. 4000.00 price increase. Manager told me that used car director says car has a 18000.00 wheelchair ramp conversion so "you getting good deal" BS. I called the ramp company. Ramp was no more than 6500 and I asked for papers to prove 18000 conversion. Refuse to give me car. Did not even have a owner's manual yet any papers of ramp and I still agreed. I said I will pay cash. Manager said ok.

500.00 doc fee. No one in entire US does someone charge 500 bucks doc fee. Max I ever paid was 200. I said if I finance I want to finance 28k because I can roll in taxes. Car is registered in Texas. Credit score 700. Was told by finance manager Matt 4.99 rate 72 mon. I said ok and he said, "We getting papers ready. Come and sign." I came from Houston Tx 450 miles away then Justin called me and said interest is not 4.99. It's 7.84 percent for a 2017 Dodge van. 700 plus credit score 7.84. That's not the worse part. He said bank won't finance 28k car not worth that amount to finance so he tells me, "I will drop price of car to 23999 and NO MATTER YOU WANT OR DONT WANT YOU HAVE TO BUY A 4500.00 WARRANTY." So now I can't roll in taxes. I have to pay out of my pocket.

How can a number go from 26999 to 3k less in 5 min because warranty is no more than 1000.00 and they sold me 4500 and gap 600 bucks. I said ok if bank approve 23999. I finance that only nothing else. Justin tells me, "No you have to buy warranty," or he won't sell me car. Ripoff crooks. Be very careful. A car I started at 22950 end me 30k after taxes and I said, "If I pay cash it's 23999 right." He tells me no it's 26999 so they played games whole time. They took advantage of hurricane Harvey victims. My van flooded and needed a wheelchair van. They had one.

I gave deposit 500 and this crook dealer wanted to keep that as well and they said non refundable. Well if you coming out of state or out of town deposit should be refundable because if they do fraud so you get your money back. Every dealer I dealt with in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama did refund deposit if I not like car. Ripoff. I know for a fact they ripped me off on price over 5k and in finance over 8k. I drive 450 miles to buy car not even a courtesy full tank after cracking skull open. No manager came to greet me or no one thanked me for business. They call themselves #1 Dodge dealer in Oklahoma. They are #1 crooks.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Waited over 6 hours then left. Said the payment would be not over $400 like I needed. Well it was $700 and the manager couldn't figure out why I would not pay it. TOTAL WASTE of time. RUDE. David Stanley is a crook.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Back on April 30, 2016 my daughter and I arrived at David Stanley Dodge Midwest City, OK to look at a 2011 Chevy Cruze for $6900.00 I found on their website. We live in the Dallas area and drove 300+ miles. Before we went up there I had talked to Kevin the salesman after playing tag for days. He said the car was in the body shop for a small repair on the rear bumper. I am a trusting person always giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. He said the car would be at the lot by time we arrived or they have many others similar to consider. When we got there, no car and he was not available so Raquel helps us and is very nice. Someone else told me that specific car was being repaired from a "wreck" but that they had numerous cars on the lot comparable. So, my daughter finds one the same year with more options and falls in love with it. It is $10k (the bait and switch) so I give in and get it for her.

Now, here we are almost 1 year later and the car unfortunately has been wrecked and a total loss. My insurance is only paying about half of what is owed on the car, due to overpaying for it originally. After purchasing the car I moved and am unable to find my paperwork to use the GAP insurance and have credited the extended warranty purchased. I have called, left voicemails and emailed the dealership to no avail. All I want from them is a phone number or copies of my paperwork to get this all resolved. After reading many reviews on this dealership I know I never should have reached out to them. How do people like this stay in business??? I just don't get it... TAKE HEED PEOPLE NEVER BUY FROM DAVID STANLEY DODGE MIDWEST CITY, OK!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Not happy with David Stanley. MidwestCity Ok store. Had a Jeep Wrangler, at a great price, that I was willing to buy. Internet said it was in transit, Internet sales lady I called said "no, it's here on the lot." Went there and no jeep that I had a quote for. Sales manager said there are plenty of other jeeps I could look at or I could put money down to hold the jeep that was in transit and that it is coming in about 10 to 20 days. 32 miles, 64 miles to get to the dealership and back home... The sales manager said it was a slight inconvenience. Bait and switch with a twist. No not happy at all considering I had a Chase loan approved and was ready to buy!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

The used sales division's manager is very unprofessional. Treats customers like children - he is a total **. The internet advertisement for the used truck I was interested in gave (A.) false mileage - 67,000 instead of the 107,000 actual miles - that is a difference of 40,000 miles!, and (B.) false document fees - $359.00 instead of the actual $509.00. The used sales manager was bluntly unapologetic. He acted as if I were the problem instead of his "bait and switch" tactics! For the truck I did buy, I am still waiting after a month for David Stanley to send me the title!!! Buyer beware with this dealership!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

This company has the WORST customer service ever! They're a bunch of liars and crooks. They'll try to force you into a higher priced vehicle. We went in to look at a vehicle I seen online. I told the rep David that I seen the car online and I called. They said the car is still available. We wait and he pulls the car around, and I notice the sticker price on the window. I tell the salesperson, "I don't think this is the right car." He said, "Yes this is it." We do the test drive. We're thinking this car is nice, but I'm still saying, "I don't think this is the right car that was on the internet. The other car had a different interior color." Anyway the salesman is still insisting it's the right car.

So we start the loan process. We get the approval and I'm like, "This payment is not within my budget." We go back and forth in the negotiations. He goes and gets his manager, and he says, "This car is over 21,000. You're getting a brand new car. You won't have to worry about any repairs," and so on. I stop him and say, "I asked the salesman about the price before I drove the vehicle. He assured me that the price on the window was the auction price," (confusing). I showed him the online car. He blew it off, said, "The lender would not approve the loan because it's less of a car." I said, "How? Same make, same model, and less miles showing on the internet model. Only difference is the price and it's a cheaper vehicle. What lender wouldn't approve it?" He says, "Let me go check with them."

He walks back into the office with the salesperson. Wait's not even 2 minutes, the salesman comes back and says, "You really should take the deal." We tell him no and he said, "I don't think you can get the vehicle then." I said, "That is fine," and walk out. The next day I get like 3 calls from them asking why we didn't purchase a vehicle. Well duh you idiots are liars and I'm not about to get a high ass car payment.

David Stanley Dodge Company Information