Find a Car Dealerships partner

Midwest City, OK

1.2/5 (80 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About David Stanley Dodge

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

David Stanley Dodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about David Stanley Dodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about David Stanley Dodge?

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was already approved through my bank. I told the salesman that and how much I was approved for but I was lied to about the whole process and even the check I was suppose to be given by them I was misled about that. I don’t recommend doing business with them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The only thing you really own is your word & reputation. When that's gone, it's gone. After a long night of being told by "the closer" that the price was 16,000 & not what was posted on their website & every car search engine, I received a call to come pick up a car Saturday afternoon @ the price listed below 12,988. I got it insured, a ride, & while I was on my way to pick it up, I received a text that it was sold. Nothing was offered to rectify the situation. Would not recommend, not worth the hassle. Shady business.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Salesperson gave me the Internet price by email. I confirmed that price by email. I had an appointment the next day with him to pick up the vehicle. He was going to have the vehicle cleaned and ready for delivery when I arrived. I guess he forgot that was his day off. I arrived and Melanie helped us though she knew nothing about my deal. Sales manager gave us a price $1000 higher than we were quoted by email. After a heated exchange with the manager, I showed him the email and he agreed to the price as I was walking to my vehicle. Melanie and Sammy were great to help us, but it was not a pleasant buying experience. I got the Jeep I wanted at the promised price, but it was a battle and stressful. Never going back for sales or service. One and done with that circus!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My fiancee and I purchased two vehicles from these clowns on 05DEC18. A "used" 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon with 56 miles on it, and a 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins truck. In the days leading up to purchasing these, we were on the phone with their "sales manager" who we never actually met to negotiate the deals on both vehicles. It ended up being about $96,000 between them, but we were comfortable with that number. We had serious difficulty getting calls back during that time, or updates on where we were in the process. We were offered $1,000 for my fiancee's trade, which we declined and sold outright for $5,500 in a matter of 48 hours. We get to the dealership on the 5th, to purchase the new vehicles and are greeted by one of the sales staff 3" inches inside the front door.

There was a Christmas tree inside the lobby with a bunch of kids ATVs parked around it, and when I inquired as to what they were for, this gentleman stated that "It's truck month! We're giving one away with the purchase of every new truck!" "Outstanding," I thought. I asked about getting two, as we were purchasing a Jeep AND a truck from them that day. He said he'd have to check, but was certain they would "work something out". 6 hours later, both purchases are complete and I'm picking out our 4 wheelers for our kids, thinking about how epic Christmas was about to be for them, when I'm approached by another "sales manager" who asked if I needed help with something. I told him we were picking out our machines and it would be great if he could help me load them into my newly purchased truck.

He proceeds to ask if I had my purchase paperwork for them, and I said, "No, but I have the paperwork on the new truck and Jeep we just purchased." He then explains that "We're not giving these away with the purchase of a vehicle...that's not how this works," despite the fact that that's literally verbatim what we were told. Obviously we didn't go in there expecting to get them, but what an absolute dirtbag move to pull on people, particularly people who just left north of $10k in cash and signed for nearly $100,000 worth of vehicles from you not two hours prior. He then explained that they're actually there as trade bait to make it easier to screw people on the values of their trade, right at Christmas time. Super cool of them.

So we take "delivery" of both of our new vehicles, and realize that they're both completely out of fuel, to the point that both fuel lights were on. Again, after dropping $100K with a dealership, I expect certain courtesies, and a tank of fuel is one of them, particularly with them knowing that we drove in from Dallas. So we left at 2130 and set out to find a station in a pretty sketchy part of town that sold diesel to begin our trip home.

Once we got home, we realized that they only provided us with one of the $400 keys to the new Jeep. We attempted to contact someone for almost a week to get these issues resolved, and were basically told to pound sand. They deliberately mislead my fiancee about the warranty they sold her, as they switched from discussing money involved from monthly payments to total dollars, as it suited their intentions. They duped her into buying a $5800 warranty, while selling it in a way that made her think she was paying $890 for it, but that's what it put her monthly payment.

It took 7 weeks and countless unanswered emails, un-returned calls and aggravation to finally get it cancelled. The whole experience has left us very disappointed in everything but the vehicles themselves, and I will never purchase anything from them again, and urge you to think long and hard about doing so. We've since refinanced both vehicles at about half of the interest rate they were able to get us that night, so that worked out well for us. Be cautious, do your homework, and pay a little more to get decent service and a quality buying experience.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

This company is a mirror of the general manager Brent **. He does not care how customers are treated. The service department has had our vehicle for two weeks. They have hung up on us, lied to us and still haven't done the work that the vehicle was taken in for. Even when I asked to speak to the GM they told me he wasn't there, so I hung up and called right back to the front desk. She put me right through to him. I told the GM what was going on with the vehicle and to let him know how the service department is treating their customers and he didn't care. I asked him for the complaint number for Chrysler service centers and he told me to come get the car. I will never do business with David Stanley again. Cars are too expensive and they have to be worked on and they know this so once you buy the car you don't matter anymore to them. They forget one thing though, cars wear out and you have to buy another.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My husband bought a truck here in 2014 so when my transmission went out last week we went with the intention of buying a used vehicle with good gas mileage for my commute to work. Our credit is less than desirable, we had no money down, and an undrivable car as a trade in. They found us the best deal they could and a monthly payment we can afford. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Was it quick? No. But buying a vehicle is a big commitment so I never expect it to be quick. We test drove 2 vehicles, haggled a good deal, signed papers and I drove off in my car in about 3 hours.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Buying new Ram 2500. I agreed to pay their listed online price plus $500 doc fees plus $1500 since I didn't have a trade in. They ran my credit, the deal was made, and I put $500 as a down payment on a specific truck. Drove over 10 hours and they would not sell me that truck. Tried to upsell me on a truck for $10k more. Bait and Switch.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I went to DS Dodge in Midwest City to look for a Ram 2500 truck. A price & payment were established with the salesman. They find a truck with everything on it that I was wanting. But the payments and price were way out of my established range. The sales manager came into the salesmans office to make me a deal. He offered me; if I buy, he will give me a check to make 1/2 the payment for a year and I make the other half. After 1 year I was to bring my truck in and they would refinance it for a lower payment that I could afford. So the check was deposited in my savings account and I drew $600 out of that account and added $600 from my own money each month for a year. At the conclusion of the year, I return to the dealer, as directed, to refinance my truck. I am now told, "We don't do that."

Now I am stuck with a $1200 monthly payment. I complained about the lie they gave me and their response was for me to trade in my truck for a cheaper one. I refused to give them the satisfaction of me buying another vehicle from them. I lodged a complaint with the BBB and they told me to go to the dealer and work it out with them. That didn't work as they asked if I had that deal in writing from them. I didn't so you know where that got me. Turned out it was just a clever lie to sell me 2 trucks. Nothing I can do about it. They lied, I got screwed. In reading reviews from this dealer, his Chevy dealership and Ford dealership, I found a common denominator: LIES!!! Seems like his dealerships all tell lots of lies to most customers to get a sale. NEVER again will I Grace their business with my presence, I won't even watch their lying commercials. I mute it or change channels. LIES LIES LIES and then more lies.

Original review: March 21, 2018

While the staff was friendly, it appears it was a phony type of friendly. I was drawn to David Stanley Dodge in Midwest City by a prescreened offer. I really wasn't even thinking about buying another car. I went through a bankruptcy in 2015 and had since bought another vehicle I was satisfied with. We did need another car since our daughter was going to start going to school soon. Buying a brand new car was certainly not on my short list and it really never crossed my mind; I knew my credit needed rebuilding. It was suggested to me it was a viable option and would be no problem to do so since my current financial situation had improved greatly since the bankruptcy. They were very friendly and helpful until the deal fell through apparently.

Callie told me the finance company was asking for more money down and the deal appeared to me to be falling apart. She told me she was still working on it and would call me back with a definite answer. Never got that phone call. I assume she gave up and didn't feel the need to be courteous anymore. I had acquired new car fever, lol, and decided to call back a few days later with some more money down. I was disappointed in Callie for dumping me and told Rayce when he answered the phone, I had spoken to him before. I then told him about my new proposition, he said he would check into it and call me back. It would take about an hour; I never received that phone call. I also received numerous calls and emails about my experience with David Stanley.

The last email I responded by replying I was disappointed in for being dumped by two sales people after they found out I was not of any value to them anymore. I did not get any feedback on my reply; I assume they weren't serious about my experience there to begin with; they were just doing their job. The experience left me with a negative feeling about the dealership. I walked away with a feeling that the people there are phonies and only act friendly and courteous if they think they can get something out of you. Is that life? I actually don't think I could be that way myself. All it would have taken was a follow up phone call and I would have had no problem with them. I actually did not expect to get into a new car in the first place and was only there because of the prescreened offer of being approved for up to $32,000.

On the other hand, I still had the new car fever and decided to give Bob Howard a visit; Bob Howard Dodge in Edmond off of Memorial Rd and Broadway Ext. I drove home that night in a brand new 2018 Dodge Journey! I got it with less down and a lower payment than we discussed at the beginning of our meeting. My thanks to Julio, Kelso and the others who I found to be genuinely friendly; I did not meet any phonies there; True story!

Original review: March 15, 2018

All I ever get is I promise this and promise that. I'm trying to get help over a current car I own and all I get are broken promises. I called and asked if they could help me and Irving... I believe... said, "I promise we can help you." I said, "I don't have the funds to get up there so you better help me or I'm gonna be upset". He said, "I PROMISE." Lies all lies. Barely made it home on what little tank of gas I had and still no help. Very very disappointed over David Stanley.

David Stanley Dodge Company Information