4.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

If you can't make it to us, We Will Pick You Up.

Major World has been the leading dealer in auto sales for over 40 years, With over 3,000 vehicles for you to choose from, we're sure that you will find something that fits your needs and budget.

Nearest Transit Station:

46 St.(Queens) (E, M, R)

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

192 Major World Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I brought my vehicle to Major Dodge service department for my ABS light on my dashboard 11/10/17 and also a service recall. I got my vehicle back a week later. The ABS light still came on the next day. I called and made another appt which they gave me for 12/6/17. I got the vehicle back 12/8/17. When I went into office the supposed service technician said and I quote, "Give him his key and get him out of here" with an explanation that the car would be ok. I said that was unacceptable and left. I was livid that a SUPPOSED SERVICE TECH would make such a idiotic statement. Also both times I left my vehicle with less than 1/2 tank of and left both times with low fuel light on. I don't know who trained these people but they should be replaced with more responsible ones. Very poor customer relations.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I hated waiting on the Car salesman. It was raining and he had to go find keys or whatever it was. The process is very simple and much faster than the regular dealership (my last at Ford-Bronx lasted 9hrs). The other issue I did not like was the financial process. They did not want my personal check, I had to get a bank check. Major, why didn't you tell me first? Also did not like the fact that my trade in was negotiable but the car I purchased was non-negotiable. Despite my issues above, I had a way better car buying experience. I will be back.

Major World response

Mervin, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Our Salesperson, Mr. **, was very informative, knowledgeable and helpful. He guided us throughout the whole car buying experience knowing this was a first car for my 18 year old daughter. He showed us many cars and helped us decide the best option for my daughter.

Major World response

Lily, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have to say when I brought my car in October 2016, it is Volkswagen cc 2010 fully loaded. I give my sales person and finance department thumbs up. Got car I wanted and stayed in my price range. However moving forward, I had to replace the water pump, rack and pinion steering, a/c, all tires, all head lights and tails and not mention, I had to buy a brand new battery 2 months off the lot, and make it worst, I brought the car to the service department a month prior and they rotated the tires and replaced the battery. Which only recharged the battery. Be careful and have mechanic with you if you are considering buying a car from there.

Major World response

Antoine, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. Our entire staff is here to serve and assist our customers with respect and no pressure process, If there are any issues or questions you may have, I'm more than happy to assist you with that, you can always contact me directly at feedback@majorworld.com ---Reece

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The salesman was great. Although Major World needs to do at least a minor check on the cars. The trunk wasn't opening and I'll also have to bring the car in because the steering wheel tends to drift off to the right. I should've test drive the car but I was under the impression there wouldn't be any problems since the car is used but new.

Major World response

Juan, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. Our entire staff is here to serve and assist our customers with respect and no pressure process, If there are any issues or questions you may have, I'm more than happy to assist you with that, you can always contact me directly at feedback@majorworld.com ---Reece

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Major World?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

From the time I entered a staff member welcomed me and told me where to park then took me to the office. He asked what I was looking for, took me to the lot and was very patient while I made my choice of car. Paperwork was a snap and I was finished in about 3 hours.

Major World response

Yolanda, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

No response received
Original review: July 26, 2017

I would leave 0 stars. I did get a good deal on a car last year from them. So I was going to offer repeat business. I sent them a scathing email yesterday after my poor experience on Monday, 7/24. They called and begged me to come in the next day to try to make it right. I figured I would give them a chance. They failed again. Rather than say what happened, this is what I emailed them today.

So this is my second day of sending a complaint. I had a miserable experience on Monday, you can look up the Email I sent yesterday morning. I received a phone call yesterday that you guys were going to try and treat me right and see if we could work out a deal for a car, so I went back in. I was supposed to meet with a Patricia in new cars. Then I received an Email from a Mustafa after speaking to him that Jed ** would meet with me at 7. So, here begins the comedy of errors.

I get there at 6:40. I walk in and begin speaking to Ray in new cars who was nice and helpful. He told me Jed just left for the day. Evidently, I was parked right next to his black pickup truck and walked by him, 20 minutes before my so called scheduled meeting. I then asked for Patricia, who was described to me as a GM in New cars. Nobody knew who I was talking about. Ray brought me to the used car office, or trailer. He asked the young lady to get me a manager to talk to due to my bad experience the day before. She walks into an office, comes back, and tells me Jed is gone for the day, and sorry. So evidently, nobody could speak to me.

I walked back upstairs to go to my car and was approached by Ray. I told him what had happened and he did a good job getting me engaged. We discussed a Traverse or Equinox. I appreciated his time, but I just do not like either. He said maybe someone in the used car office could help me, so I was brought back down there, giving Major World a third chance. I spoke to a gentleman for 2 minutes and he said he could not help me at all because of the basic numbers I presented to him. I do not understand how a 2-minute conversation equals eliminating a potential buyer. A repeat buyer at that. My profession is VP of Purchasing for a multi million dollar online retailer. None of my vendors treat me the way I have been treated by your company.

I did go to the Jeep portion after to see maybe it will be different. I met with a Yonni who was extremely helpful and honest with me. The numbers did not work out, but he was a breath of fresh air for your company. I see that you are being investigated by the DCA. I will be reporting my experiences to them. I will also be contacting the BBB. Perhaps I am a minority and nobody wanted to deal with me because I am not Latin. Perhaps it is that I have tattoos. Who knows, but this will be reported. Do not bother responding to me unless you plan to pay off my car and put me in something I want. This is not a threat, it is more of a "Let's not waste any more of each other's time" statement. Best of luck to your organization. You have now lost a potential repeat customer.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Very good customer service. Worked very hard on finding vehicle. Major World has a great selection of vehicles. Had a very good time looking at the different vehicles in order to make decision. I will definitely recommend Major World to my friends and family in the future.

Major World response

Chris, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

No response received
Original review: June 28, 2017

I was greeted wonderfully. I gave the salesman my budget and asked to see the cars on website. Of course the cars were not available for the price listed. I eventually decided upon a vehicle but I was never shown any numbers as to the exact financing plan. They asked for my deposit and I gave it, still waiting to see what exactly I was paying for. I looked up the car on Carfax and found out what they were charging was far above what the car was worth. At the end of the day I decided I didn't want the car and instead of handing me back my cash I have to wait a week for a check to be mailed to my house. I have been calling and they have yet to even process the check. I know they have lots of good reviews but I found out later from a friend that purchased from them that they get those by offering free oil changes in exchange for 5 stars.

No response received
Original review: June 10, 2017

My husband and I were leasing our vehicle and were planning to go in to purchase the car. Everything was fine at first. We had the lease contract with us and informed that we had it. The salesman informed us that he was going to find out how we would purchase it. He came back with a printout that had 3 options on it. He was trying to tell us that we would be responsible for the purchase price plus the mileage overage on the lease. We explained that this was not the case as we wanted to purchase the car, not turn in the lease. This went back and forth.

We then asked to speak to the manager. He explained to us the same thing that the salesperson said. I got on the phone with GM Financial. After being switched twice, we all spoke with the contract dept. who agreed with my husband and myself and said she would fax over the purchase price. The salesperson in training handed us the fax and said that's it and walked away. Obviously they didn't want us to purchase the car from there.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My experience was great. The salesman were very helpful. The car had a great selection. The entire staff was helpful. You can get insurance on the spot. They do all the DMV paperwork for you. It a one-stop car dealership.

Major World response

Nelson, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: April 1, 2017

I am a single mother of 4 who, a few years ago went to look at cars at Major World. I'd settled on a less expensive new car and waited for Major World to run my credit. They told me that I did not have a rating that would afford me to purchase the less expensive new car, then they steered me to purchase a used car that was about $10,000 more. A couple plus years later the car completely died. I phoned Major World and they told me to have the car towed to them, so I did. They told me that for the same monthly payment, I could pick another car. Once again I picked a cheaper new car, they ran my credit and told me the same thing. Once again Major World steered me to a more expensive used car and they never ever let me talk to their bank. After hours of waiting, they negotiated a deal that benefited their criminal company and their criminal partner banks. I was stuck, because I needed a car to travel to and from work on Long Island.

Twice, Major World has taken advantage of me, to the tune of over $35,000. I have emailed complaints and after my last purchase, I was told by a coworker that has acquaintances that worked for Major World, that the workers at the dealership are straight from jail cells and get coached on how to prey on and take advantage of people like me. The bank the dealer chose, is adding additional fake charges to my statements. These companies are criminal and a class action lawsuit against Major World, Alphera Financial Services and all of the other criminal banks involved, needs to be ordered. I noticed that someone charged the first bank that Major World assigned my first car notice to. That company was sued, paid some of us monies back and is out of business. Please charge Major World and their partner banks, and please call me to testify. I do have my receipts, if you need me to fax or mail a copy.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Everyone involved in my experience was very professional. Our car salesman, Mr. ** guided us through the whole process and made it feel easy. Also I was very happy with the fair price paid to me for the car I traded in. The entire set up very efficient.

Major World response

Dear Ana, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: March 22, 2017

Omar was very informative about the buying a car. He asked me a couple of questions about what I was looking for and within 40 mins I had purchase a car. Good job Omar. The process of buying the car is too extensive. Need to be shorten. The bathroom need to be clean better.

Major World response

Florence, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: March 17, 2017

Best experience ever with buying a car... Will definitely come back for all my cars. All the workers here work as hard as possible to make you happy. They make sure you get the best price possible. Plus it is true, it doesn't matter what your credit score is. You will leave with a car.

Major World response

George, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.--Reece

Original review: March 17, 2017

When I bought my car I was told everything was okay. Everything was not okay after research on it. It was part of a large accident but basically totaled. How did it end up being resold? I don't know. And over price. I was charged for the car like if it was brand new for a used vehicle. Not only that I found that they lied on the odometer on my car. After another research my Odometer states the car arrived to Major World with 44,657 miles dated 04/04/2015 then 10/06/2015 at 55,482 miles but then the car was sold to me at 30,000 miles in March of 2016 with 30,000 miles. That means they tampered with the miles in the odometer to make whoever is buying the vehicle think they got a deal. RIPPED OFF. I tried to bring the car back after everything I found on the car. They state they couldn't take it back. But I was told if I don't feel safe about the car bring it back. The manager states he can't take it back.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I received great and courteous service. My salesman Mo was great. He was patient courteous and he saw my process through from start to finish. He addressed all my concerns and even fed me when I got hungry. I send great Thanks to all the staff and a special Thank you Mo and thank you Major World.

Major World response

Deborah, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: March 11, 2017

Everyone so friendly and helpful. Argenys was so nice and helpful. Major World has a lot of great selection of vehicles. It was a very very very long process but it was worth the wait. This is my first time financing a car, I would recommend this to anyone, anybody and any alien lol.

Major World response

Jonathan, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: March 4, 2017

My experience at Major World was very wonderful. I met with Hugo, he was so helpful to me. I recommend anyone who is ready to purchase a vehicle, please shop only at Major World. Great place to shop... Any and who is looking for a car should be come here!

Major World response

Loreaine, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

The service was outstanding, the fast amazing staff were helpful and prompt. I felt at home while I shopped for the perfect car. I will come back and recommend more people to this great place. Wille and Oscar. Great staff. The car color is new and shiny.

Major World response

Yajaira, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World. We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I had a very good experience in this dealer. Excellent service. Great!! Kermin was my salesman today at Major World, he was very knowledgeable and helpful. Gisvel from customer relations was also very helpful. I would definitely come back to Major World.

Major World response

Saurav, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I had a pleasant salesperson. His name was Steve **. He was very good, and the experience was very well! There is also many places to choose a car from. I recommend you come give it a try for yourself!

Major World response

Dear Sandra, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory.To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I had a very good experience buying the car at Major World today, even better than I thought. Argenys was a great salesman and Gisbel was very helpful. I love my new car. It was an easy process and I don't have to go anywhere near DMV, which is amazing.

Major World response

Dear William, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory.To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I was treated with a lot of respect and consideration to my needs. Hugo was incredibly helpful and was very knowledgeable of all things related to cars. Is a total YES man and responded solemnly to things he couldn't provide me. Making my next purchase with him. Thank YOU.

Major World response

Dear Anthony, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory.To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have been treated very good and find everyone to be very helpful answering questions and taking very good care of my wishes for my new car. I have been buying cars from Major World for years and am a very satisfied customer. Their employees are very helpful and caring.

Major World response

Dear Elinore, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory.To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

My experience at Major World was fantastic. I loved the people who help with my needs. My salesmen Julio ** was great with showing me the cars that I was interested in. Will definitely bring back some people buy cars. Very happy and excited for my purchase.

Major World response

Dear Nataly, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory.To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I saw the corvette online, so I called the dealership. They promptly got back to me the next morning. I made the trip to NY from Connecticut and was met by knowledgeable salesman named Mauricio who showed me the car and explained the features and made the deal, which I was very happy with! It was a fair price for a beautiful car! I would come here again. I love the service. Thank you!

Major World response

Jeffry, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Today was great. It was a little long but great service. Pick a great car. The color is great. This is my three car here. My husband and I got two cars today. We are very happy with the service. Thank you Major World.

Major World response

Melinda, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

The customer service is great here! From start to finish, they took care of me and my family. The car information was clearly presented. Salesmen are friendly and not pushy. The prices were reasonable. I would send any friend or family to purchase or lease a car from my salesman.

Major World response

Julia, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

Hugo was awesome, attentive and ensured that I received the correct vehicle I was looking for. Give the man a raise!!! Lol. 19 years with Major World. Wouldn't change a thing. Friendly service provided by Minelis **. She addressed all my questions and concerns. Love the staff!

Major World response

YNC, My name is Reece, I'm the Customer Relations Manager at Major World. Customer satisfaction is our # 1 goal at Major World.We are pleased that you could find your perfect match in our over 3,000 cars inventory. To ensure you that we are here for you, if you have additional needs you can always contact me directly at reece@majorworld.com. Also, I would like to remind you that if you refer any family members or friends and they purchase car from us, you will be able receive $200.-Reece

Major World Company Information