Nissan Versa

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought my car used but in 8 months I had to take my car to get fixed 5 times. I had to pay for a transmission that went out on me while I was on the highway, Nissan has done nothing!! They denied me today for repurchase because of lemon laws and I'm stuck with a car that has 3 recalls and that has been to the shop to get fixed 5 times and they still won't accept responsibility so not only am I stuck with a junk car I'm stuck in a car note with a car that won't make it to next year.

My sister has owned a 2016 Nissan Versa for 3 months; 4 times the vehicle wouldn't start; 3 times taken to the dealer for them to say they can't find anything wrong with it. We have contacted Consumer Affairs which has contacted the service department of the dealership; only for us to be told they can't find anything wrong with it (a lot of good this did!). The latest time the car wouldn't start with jumper cables so it had to be towed. I am afraid she is going to be stranded one day. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Purchased 2012 Versa - new 1st time owner of a Nissan but never again. In Feb of 2016 the vehicle had 53,559 miles have kept up maintenance, did 2 recalls on the transmission, had a brake sensor replaced so the vehicle would come out of gear in Nov 2015. No major problems until... April 2016 and check engine light comes on. I replace an engine sensor as this was the code. Check engine light back on 2 weeks after correcting this, now something on the exhaust. I explain the car is not running smoothly like before. Does the transmission need to be reprogrammed like it did on the recall? Take it in at 64,182 miles and tell them something is still not correct. They tell me that it is a corroded wire harness that is causing the problems. $500 to replace and I do it. Still the car does not feel like it is running smoothly. October now, still not running smoothly.

Take it to another Nissan dealer and they charge me for diagnostic and tell me can't find anything. I question them and they said no harm in driving it. Now it is December and my transmission (CVT) is shot. $3,458 to replace it with a "rebuild". The car is just over warranty. They extend the warranty the 2007 to 2010 models because of the transmission to 7 yrs/120,000 miles. They still keep putting them in the new models knowing they have same problems. If you have a newer model tough luck for you, Nissan is not stepping up to the plate on those that have transmission problems. Unless it is a 2013-2014 Pathfinder. Nissan will extend the warranty coverage for Continuously Variable Transmission assembly (including internal CVT components, gaskets, and seals), CVT control valve body, and torque converter from its original duration of 5 years/60,000 miles to 7 years/84,000 miles, whichever comes first on 2013-2014 Pathfinder.

Coverage of other vehicle components remains unchanged, and all other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of Nissan's New Vehicle Limited Warranty continue to apply. So much for Nissan being an Ethical company. I will never again purchase a Nissan and neither will any of my Family & extended family members purchase one either. Which is too bad for Nissan, 20 family members who will purchase at minimum 5 new cars each in a life time if not more. That works out to $10 million dollars in sales for just 1 family.

My Nissan Versa is very reliable, excellent gas mileage. Never had any problems in the 4 years I have owned it. Keeping up with preventive maintenance, plan to drive this car for many years to come. Nissan is a car brand I trust, and I trust my local dealer. My Nissan Versa is a four-door, very roomy, and has a large trunk. It is a pleasure to drive, and getting great gas mileage really helps when you are Mom's taxi.

The car was very cheap even though it had a taste of quality in it. So far I have been surprisingly astonished at how good the car is for being cheap. The performance was decent, obviously nothing that should be highlighted. MPG is pretty good though and I am satisfied with that aspect of the car. The appearance is decent, I would have preferred a bit more of a sportier look to the car but it isn't a sports car after all, I'm satisfied with the appearance. So far I've had no breakdowns of the vehicle, nor has anything gone wrong or has been broken, overall good durability.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Versa?

It's brought great value to my life because it helps get my family and I around to and from places that we need or want to go. I feel like everyone should have that something that is a necessity in their lives. Performance is nice, warms up pretty fast and does great with gas mileage. It is also great in any types of diverse weather that you may have to travel through. I love the appearance of Nissan Versas. They give off a nice, but not too expensive look. Also can give off the look of a great car for a family, especially a traveling/working family. The outer design of the car is very nice and something I wouldn't mind being seen in at all. I've had this car for a few years and it's very durable to me. I haven't had any major problems at all when I think about it. This car is definitely a keeper if you ask me.

No problems. Has taken many trips from Florida to Georgia and back on many occasions. Has been very reliable despite lack of care. Smooth ride not for racing but good on highway miles. It's not the most attractive car, it's a bit smaller than might be practicable for a larger number of people but it's still spacious enough to have plenty of space for luggage and moving semi large items. It has lasted many years with very little maintenance and has been very reliable despite many miles that it has endured in between many states.

It is a very comfortable car, with a lot of space, elegant design. Great for long trips depending how many people ride at the back but even that they still ride comfortably. The performance is great. Smooth at driving, it is of great value, can definitely take you on long comfortable rides when either the driver or the passenger either at the front or back. The appearance is beyond words to describe. It is elegant and impressive. Makes you feel like a famous person. I highly recommend it. Durability is great. Low problems. Even if taken out on long trips frequently it still long lasting. Great gas saver.

The car gets me where I want to go. I enjoy driving this car very much. It's comfortable for me to drive. My family also feel comfortable when they are in the car. The performance is great. I feel like I have enough power when I'm driving the car. It's a very fun car to drive. People would have to experience the car themselves. I like the style of the Versa. It's not too big but it's also not too small. I have enough room to put my things that I buy at the store. It's a nice looking car. It's very durable. I enjoy the experience of this car. I recommend people take a chance and drive the Versa themselves. All I can say that it's a great car to drive.

It's very fuel efficient, low cost to own, the normal maintenance is a good value, the oil changes while a little more expensive don't have to be done but twice a year. I found the horsepower to be more than enough. The get up and go is amazing considering that it's only a 4 cylinder vehicle and the fuel economy is good. I love the lines on this vehicle. Nissan did an amazing job designing this car. They took the time to actually try to think of what consumers wanted in a car and tried to make it. I've had this car for about 3 years and I've only had to do normal maintenance and I drive about 4 hours round trip to and from work. I would definitely recommend this vehicle just for that alone.

It offers reliability and safety, with its being a very sound, dependable vehicle with many safety features. I would recommend Nissan, I know other people that own Nissans & they have been happy with them as well. Performance on these is very good. They are well designed, sound vehicles, have a lot of power, and if well maintained should last for many years. Nissans are very sharp looking automobile. They have a sleek, modern look, also very nice on inside. Mine has always drawn attention everywhere I drive it. This vehicle is made very well, is very durable, and long-lasting. With the proper maintenance and upkeep this vehicle is sure to last for many years to come.

The Nissan Versa is set at a good reasonable price but the best part is it gives you good mileage per gallon. So it is a savings all around. The car has a long lifespan. It performs great for the value and has bang for the buck. The Nissan Versa appearance is lacking. It is a hatchback and it has a very boxy like appearance. The look is one of its only drawback. The Nissan Versa has very good durability. It lasts a long time and does not break down. It is a very reliable car especially for the price.

Great value. Not very expensive compared to other vehicles. Great mileage. Highly would recommend to anyone who is looking for a car. Easy to fix when needed. Nice family car. Great performing vehicle. Smooth drive especially when driving out of town. Great performing with cheap amount of money to fill up gas tank. Nice body frame, nice exterior, nice interior, nice fabric of seating, very nice radio with gps system. Very nice colors to choose from. Very durable from reviews I've read. I loved my first Versa that we have already purchased another and probably will continue to purchase as long as all remains the same.

I would recommend to people who do not have kids or people who commute to and from work. But if they had kids I would not recommend because the backseat is way too small for car seats and to sit comfortably in the front. I had no issues with this car. I absolutely loved it until I got pregnant with baby number 2. Placing the car seat in the back was awful. We had to trade it in for something still ok on gas but not as good as the Versa is. I'm not into small cars. It is cute when you see it, but when you start to think about it the cuteness turns into super small and uncomfortable. I never wrecked the car or broke anything on it. But what scared me was if someone was to hit me then the car would be smashed and we would more than likely not live through it.

Good on gas and was worth buying. Small and affordable, not recommended for taller folks over 6 ft 3." Great first car for the kids or a college student. Just keep up with the oil changes and tunes and you will have no issue with this car. It's easy to work on if you have the patience. It's cheap and easy to fix, not too expensive on the wallet either.

Small, blue, 4 door hatchback. Interior is very nice, that is blue as well. Fold down seats. It's easy on the edges. Automatic not standard but that's ok with me. Fun to drive in. It wasn't too durable in the snow because of its small frame. The car doesn't have a lot of weight to it so it very easy to spin out or slide if you aren't careful. Doesn't do hills well either.

Drank more gas than appropriate for me, a person who has to commute the total of 69 miles every day for work. But overall, it was pretty durable, not too much problems. The performance was satisfactory. I kept maintenance periodic, so it worked as I wanted. Engine ran smoothly and enough power to speed as I wanted. Overall, I was happy with it. Personally I liked its appearance. Big and robust enough but not over-sized like other vans. It was dark red in color, so I liked it even more because that is my favorite color. I wanted to say I was very happy with its durability, but that would be a lie. It had many small problems like frequent headlight burnt, fluid drained, etc.

This car's value is great because it's cheap and really economic in the gas aspect. I love my Versa and I would consider telling people that they should look for it. When I am in the freeway I don't feel nothing. It rides smooth and the performance is great. This car is for any age type. Many will say that this car does not look fancy or something like other cars but it's useful and simple... For me it's great because it's small, convenient and looks perfect. The durability of the Nissan Versa is great. I been using my car since I got it in 2007. It's been almost 10 years and still works great. It looks great and I think it would last me a lot more years.

It was one of the less expensive models on the market and lasted a decent amount of time but it was hard to drive for very long and not powerful at all. It was such a gutless little car and seemed way too cheaply made. Driving on the freeway at top speed was somewhat a scary venture and I didn't trust it. It wasn't a great looking car at all. Maybe I should have sprung for a Sentra or Altima because the Versa was just kind of short and boring looking. I would not call the Versa durable at all. It was cheaply made or at least felt that way and had a lot of little issues all the time. It did not stand the test of time too well.

I would value this as a great car compared to some of the other cars I have previously owned because it has great features. Such as ecosaver. The performance on this car was wonderful. Sounds good upon cranking and a smooth drive. I call it the silent car. It picked up speed great and awesome brakes. This car has a smooth look. It looks like the car of the future. Nice tires and good starter rims. I love the curve on the hood of the car. This car was built to last. When make turns it make the job smooth and effortless on your behalf. I look forward to purchasing cars like this one the future because it makes driving that much easier.

It's a good car for the money I paid. Very eco friendly and well worth the price I paid for the vehicle. Would definitely buy another one again. Kind of a sluggish vehicle for a four cylinder. Bells and whistles are nice for this car. Nissan is a good brand of car. I like it a lot. It's nice and compact. It works very well when going out and about in the city. Very easy to parallel park in tight spaces. Hip hip Hooray! It's a very durable car even though it looks small. I can drive it for days and it won't break down on me. I love this vehicle so much.

It makes my life easier. I can get where I need to go without worrying if the car will not start. Or if the car will stop. Will I jam driving to the place I am going. It runs well. It starts up every time I try to use it. It is worth the money I paid to have it. It runs smooth and does not have to have a lot of work on it. It comes in a lot of colors. The outer color and the inner color match good. It has all the stuff where it should be so it does not stand out in a bad way. I had a car accident in it. The damage was not that much. The built of it is done so well that it stands up to a accident from the front.

The value was fine. I guess the value could be better but it could be worse as well. The performance was fine just as the value. It did not break down so that was nice but it could have driven better. I liked the way it looked. Sleek modern professional white nice car. Very clean looking. I wanted to stare at it all day long. This car lasted me 100000 miles so that was a plus. Nice durability I would say.

You really do get the car you pay for! It isn't the luxury type, but the price lets you know that. You don't overpay for the car and you certainly don't feel like you're getting ripped off. It performs so well! You get some great features and an overall safe car. It's very simple; no complicated, fancy gadgets that can distract you from driving. It has a great appearance. While it's not sleek and small like a luxury sports car, it also isn't clunky and ugly like some SUV's tend to be. It's a smaller model and just has a very simple, clean look to it. It's incredibly durable! While it won't last in an accident (what car does) it performs well in all seasons, weather condition, and whatever else could negatively affect your car.

Honestly cars are very expensive these days no matter what you get. Let me just tell you though, I love my Nissan. It's absolutely the best car I've owned. I know it's a keeper. Of course this is a car and not as durable as a truck but the difference is minor. I hardly ever get stuck and when I do, it's not hard to get out. I can't praise this car enough. This isn't necessarily the prettiest car I've ever owned but it's the most practical. Don't get me wrong, it's not an ugly car by any means. Just not luxurious. The durability is amazing. Seriously don't know how I got along without it before! It's gotten me out of a lot of situations in which my previous car couldn't have.

We purchased a brand new Versa for the use of our teenage daughter, believing that a new car would be the best option. WRONG! So far we have had to had the whole car rekeyed, had to be towed because we couldn't get in it. This happened at less than 5000k then a new fuel sensor and a new dash and a new transmission all before 30k. The transmission had problems. We took it in. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. Took it in again, nope nothing wrong with the vehicle. Took it in AGAIN and lo and behold it needed a new transmission. "Why didn't we bring it in sooner?" WE DID. Had the car back less than a month, go out to start the car and it is dead. Again had to be towed.

Last week they replaced the battery. I then call Nissan and was given the wrong "consumer affairs" number 3 times! Then Eric took over. While he was polite he was useless. They refused to buy back the LEMON that this car is. They did "extend" the warranty to 100k. Here's the thing now. I am stuck with this LEMON and I can't sell it because CarFAX shows all that has gone wrong with it. Not that I would want someone else to be stuck with it either. I told Eric I will make sure that this car costs them more than what it would have cost to buy it back. I will tell everyone I know not to buy a NISSAN and with every little thing I am going to take it in so they have to fix it. I promise they will lose money on this car and so will buyers of NISSAN.

I like the Nissan Versa very much. It's small, but yet fit my whole family. It is good on gas mileage too. I love the color of the car and it was a affordable price for me. It runs very smooth. I have no issues with it. It does not have any fancy technology in it, but it is just fine by me. All I need is automatic windows and I am good. This is a fun car to have. My Nissan Versa is silver. I feel like certain colors don't get as dirty. The outside is sleek. It looks very nice. I would recommend this car to anyone. I feel like it is very durable. I have no issues with the Nissan Versa at all. I love this car. I enjoy driving it all the time.

I love that the car is big enough for my family. My car is a nice size for shopping and laundry etc. Every family member I know loves my car and always asks me about it. It's OK on gas too. Many family members love to borrow my car because of the size and the model but the gas goes quickly but I have nothing to complain about it because they do pitch in money. Just gets dirty too quickly. I don't like that I always have to clean my car because it gets dirty too quick. But I also can't be that mad because my brother and sister in law help out clean my car because they use it most. Takes up too much gas. I don't like that one bit because when I use it I always have to go to a gas station when my family members don't get gas after using the car.

It is a low priced car that is stylish and great on gas. It has some of the new technology as well, like hands free talking. It has remote entry and lock. It has a smooth driving experience, great braking, and good acceleration. It is easy to make turns. Cruise control is easy to use without looking down. The driver seat moves in all four directions for better handling. It has a very modern design. It is stylish and has a great shine to the paint. The chrome accent adds a very premium look to the appearance. It has good safety ratings by it being made out of high quality durable material. The inside will scratch up easily but will not be as noticeable after a nice wipe clean.

I've saved so much money just on gas alone that I'm able to buy little things for my car like a personalized plate and steering wheel cover. I like how the new Versa have that new shifting pattern that you can't even hear. It runs so smoothly and quietly. You don't even know it's shifted gears. I bought my Versa in gunmetal with black interior. It has tinted windows and the paint had sparkles in it. Accents of red make it look great. I've only had it for ten months but it is a very reliable and trustworthy car. I know I can depend on my car no matter what. I see me driving my Versa for many years to come.

It was my first car and the value was well worth it because I had very little issues and it was very reliable in taking me around. It has good safety features and efficient on gas. The performance was very good. I had very little problems with it. In fact, it was economical in terms of gas, usage and maintenance. The overall performance was excellent. The appearance was quite satisfactory. It was bought used so it had a few scratches but nothing that was too obvious. Most people especially my friends thought it was new so I think it was well kept and very presentable. The durability was satisfactory as I had it over 5 years and it was still in excellent condition so I think it is a strong vehicle. Essentially it lasted for my years with minor problems.

Nissan Versa Company Profile