Nissan Versa

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I currently have a 2016 Nissan Versa. I purchase this car brand new 2016. The starter on this car went out last week on 5/17/2017 and the Nissan dealership has no idea why? After the installed of this new starter my car is still making a loud!!! I will be going back to Nissan dealership to see what and why this currently happen to car that's not even a year old!!! My car currently has 16000. I am in awe with Nissan!!!

We bought a brand new 2017 Versa in Dec. We have had it back to the dealer twice already. When you get over 60mph it pulls to the left putting you in another lane. The dealer told us that the front end was out of line. Both times did the front end and still same problem. This time my wife spoke to the service manager and he told her that Nissan designed the car wrong and the wheelbase was too close. He said he had other complaints on the same problem. He told us to bring it down and he would take it out and if that's the problem he would take us to the manager and fix us up with a different car. We went today and spent 4 hrs with them trying to sell us a more expensive car. They said they could not do anything for us at the payments we had. So we ended up leaving without the problem being fixed. So I guess they will wait until someone is killed because of this problem before anything gets done.

I bought a new Nissan Versa in 2007, it was my first Nissan. I had been driving a Mercedes Benz for about five years. This was a big change. I wanted better fuel economy, but was concerned about safety. Over the course of two weeks I drove every economy car priced under $20,000. The Versa not only was the safest, but also had the most room. I will admit, it was far from being the highway car the MB was, and was certainly not the prettiest thing on the road. It did however deliver fuel economy around 34 mpg, about as good as a non hybrid got in 2007.

This car was so faithful, so dependable I simply can't say enough about it. It served my family for 9 years and 198,000 miles with never a breakdown! It failed to start once, in January of 2013. It was freezing cold out, and the battery had a bad cell. I even had a minor front end collision with it in 2008, nothing but cosmetic damage. In the 9 years of faithful service I replaced 2 sets of front brakes, one set of rear brakes, two mufflers, and one fuel censor at over 160,000 miles! The fuel censor technically didn't need to be replaced, but was required to pass emissions inspection. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it.

The CVT transmission gave me zero troubles, even after never changing the fluid for over 80,000 miles! My mechanic told me it should have been done twice by then, that the old fluid was black when he drained it... Still, never a problem! I changed it one more time before the vehicle was totaled in an accident at 198,000. I was t-boned by a 4 ton cube truck that ran a stop sign. Like I said, this car was far from being the prettiest, sharpest or well equipped car I've ever owned... but after 198,000 faithful miles it was wrecked saving my life with the very safety items I bought it for. Now, almost a year later, my wife and I still miss it. If I had to find one complaint with this car it would be the fact, at that time, you could not get a sunroof with ABS brakes... that made zero sense, but was the packaging Nissan was doing the first year or two this car was introduced into the US market. I opted for the brakes, my family is worth it.

It has been 3 months since Nissan announced that the passenger Airbag is failed on my NISSAN VERSA 2012. They did not replace the failed part or they did not help me with the loaner vehicle until the failed part is replaced. I hate driving this vehicle anymore and I won't buy any Nissan products in my life again.

I purchased a 2013 Nissan Versa for my Daughter. She recently had a flat tire. When the trunk was opened to get the spare tire out the spare tire area was full of water which caused her jack to be rusted in areas. I had to purchased a Shop-vac in order to get the water out. I then googled the issue and there were several complaints concerning the same issue and it appears to be rain/water seem to get inside the trunk around the tail lights' area. Some explained the way they had to fix the problem at their own expense. Someone even reported their Nissan Altima had the same issue. Seems as if Nissan should have did a recall on these vehicles that has this issue. Very Disappointed!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Versa?

Recently, I had a flat and when the tow truck arrived he informed me that my spear was rusted to the car. Shortly after we had a really bad rainstorm and when I opened my trunk, it was full of water. When I took it to Nissan they suggested that my extended warranty or auto insurance should cover it. Both insurances said that is a manufacturer defect and should be covered by Nissan. At this point, my trunk is rusted, water collects every rain we have and the mold has developed under the seats. It's a medical hazard to drive at this point. I purchased this vehicle new and over the 3.5yrs I have had it major issues have happened, the master brake cylinder went out, the cooling system caught on fire to name a few. This is the worse purchase of my life!

I purchase a 2012 Nissan Versa brand new. Kept up with the car and now 5 years later my transmission goes because my transmission oil line rusted out. Yes a 2012 pipe rusted out. I called Nissan Consumers Affairs to see if they will fix the car because corrosion is covered for 60 months and unlimited miles and my car was over by 2 months and they refused. How does a pipe rust out on a 2012 car. Nissan should be ashamed of themselves for not taking care of their customers. I have owned several Nissan cars but this is my last one.

Bought a 2014 Nissan Versa back in 2014 with 5k miles. Now in 2017 with 36k miles the transmission just died and needed to be replaced. Luckily it's still under warranty but no one can explain why at 36k miles I need a new transmission. I just took the call in a month prior for the campaign to reprogram the cvt. Do not recommend people buy a Nissan for long term. The transmission will fail at a low mileage.

My daughter is the owner of a 2013 Nissan Versa & her CVT transmission is failing. She has 64,800 miles on her car - 4,800 OVER warranty. I have spoken with several Nissan reps & have put in a claim for (over) warranty consideration. It was denied even after appeal. Not even a consideration. I spoke with the supervisor of the warranty claims people & she refused to give me her boss's name. She basically said I was screwed & that Nissan would not help. I cannot believe that they wouldn't help even a bit at all with anything. Nor would she give me her superior's name or number. Regardless of how it all turns out, this will be my last Nissan & I am from a generational family of Nissans. What a shame.

I bought my car used but in 8 months I had to take my car to get fixed 5 times. I had to pay for a transmission that went out on me while I was on the highway, Nissan has done nothing!! They denied me today for repurchase because of lemon laws and I'm stuck with a car that has 3 recalls and that has been to the shop to get fixed 5 times and they still won't accept responsibility so not only am I stuck with a junk car I'm stuck in a car note with a car that won't make it to next year.

My sister has owned a 2016 Nissan Versa for 3 months; 4 times the vehicle wouldn't start; 3 times taken to the dealer for them to say they can't find anything wrong with it. We have contacted Consumer Affairs which has contacted the service department of the dealership; only for us to be told they can't find anything wrong with it (a lot of good this did!). The latest time the car wouldn't start with jumper cables so it had to be towed. I am afraid she is going to be stranded one day. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Purchased 2012 Versa - new 1st time owner of a Nissan but never again. In Feb of 2016 the vehicle had 53,559 miles have kept up maintenance, did 2 recalls on the transmission, had a brake sensor replaced so the vehicle would come out of gear in Nov 2015. No major problems until... April 2016 and check engine light comes on. I replace an engine sensor as this was the code. Check engine light back on 2 weeks after correcting this, now something on the exhaust. I explain the car is not running smoothly like before. Does the transmission need to be reprogrammed like it did on the recall? Take it in at 64,182 miles and tell them something is still not correct. They tell me that it is a corroded wire harness that is causing the problems. $500 to replace and I do it. Still the car does not feel like it is running smoothly. October now, still not running smoothly.

Take it to another Nissan dealer and they charge me for diagnostic and tell me can't find anything. I question them and they said no harm in driving it. Now it is December and my transmission (CVT) is shot. $3,458 to replace it with a "rebuild". The car is just over warranty. They extend the warranty the 2007 to 2010 models because of the transmission to 7 yrs/120,000 miles. They still keep putting them in the new models knowing they have same problems. If you have a newer model tough luck for you, Nissan is not stepping up to the plate on those that have transmission problems. Unless it is a 2013-2014 Pathfinder. Nissan will extend the warranty coverage for Continuously Variable Transmission assembly (including internal CVT components, gaskets, and seals), CVT control valve body, and torque converter from its original duration of 5 years/60,000 miles to 7 years/84,000 miles, whichever comes first on 2013-2014 Pathfinder.

Coverage of other vehicle components remains unchanged, and all other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions of Nissan's New Vehicle Limited Warranty continue to apply. So much for Nissan being an Ethical company. I will never again purchase a Nissan and neither will any of my Family & extended family members purchase one either. Which is too bad for Nissan, 20 family members who will purchase at minimum 5 new cars each in a life time if not more. That works out to $10 million dollars in sales for just 1 family.

My Nissan Versa is very reliable, excellent gas mileage. Never had any problems in the 4 years I have owned it. Keeping up with preventive maintenance, plan to drive this car for many years to come. Nissan is a car brand I trust, and I trust my local dealer. My Nissan Versa is a four-door, very roomy, and has a large trunk. It is a pleasure to drive, and getting great gas mileage really helps when you are Mom's taxi.

The car was very cheap even though it had a taste of quality in it. So far I have been surprisingly astonished at how good the car is for being cheap. The performance was decent, obviously nothing that should be highlighted. MPG is pretty good though and I am satisfied with that aspect of the car. The appearance is decent, I would have preferred a bit more of a sportier look to the car but it isn't a sports car after all, I'm satisfied with the appearance. So far I've had no breakdowns of the vehicle, nor has anything gone wrong or has been broken, overall good durability.

It's brought great value to my life because it helps get my family and I around to and from places that we need or want to go. I feel like everyone should have that something that is a necessity in their lives. Performance is nice, warms up pretty fast and does great with gas mileage. It is also great in any types of diverse weather that you may have to travel through. I love the appearance of Nissan Versas. They give off a nice, but not too expensive look. Also can give off the look of a great car for a family, especially a traveling/working family. The outer design of the car is very nice and something I wouldn't mind being seen in at all. I've had this car for a few years and it's very durable to me. I haven't had any major problems at all when I think about it. This car is definitely a keeper if you ask me.

No problems. Has taken many trips from Florida to Georgia and back on many occasions. Has been very reliable despite lack of care. Smooth ride not for racing but good on highway miles. It's not the most attractive car, it's a bit smaller than might be practicable for a larger number of people but it's still spacious enough to have plenty of space for luggage and moving semi large items. It has lasted many years with very little maintenance and has been very reliable despite many miles that it has endured in between many states.

It is a very comfortable car, with a lot of space, elegant design. Great for long trips depending how many people ride at the back but even that they still ride comfortably. The performance is great. Smooth at driving, it is of great value, can definitely take you on long comfortable rides when either the driver or the passenger either at the front or back. The appearance is beyond words to describe. It is elegant and impressive. Makes you feel like a famous person. I highly recommend it. Durability is great. Low problems. Even if taken out on long trips frequently it still long lasting. Great gas saver.

The car gets me where I want to go. I enjoy driving this car very much. It's comfortable for me to drive. My family also feel comfortable when they are in the car. The performance is great. I feel like I have enough power when I'm driving the car. It's a very fun car to drive. People would have to experience the car themselves. I like the style of the Versa. It's not too big but it's also not too small. I have enough room to put my things that I buy at the store. It's a nice looking car. It's very durable. I enjoy the experience of this car. I recommend people take a chance and drive the Versa themselves. All I can say that it's a great car to drive.

It's very fuel efficient, low cost to own, the normal maintenance is a good value, the oil changes while a little more expensive don't have to be done but twice a year. I found the horsepower to be more than enough. The get up and go is amazing considering that it's only a 4 cylinder vehicle and the fuel economy is good. I love the lines on this vehicle. Nissan did an amazing job designing this car. They took the time to actually try to think of what consumers wanted in a car and tried to make it. I've had this car for about 3 years and I've only had to do normal maintenance and I drive about 4 hours round trip to and from work. I would definitely recommend this vehicle just for that alone.

It offers reliability and safety, with its being a very sound, dependable vehicle with many safety features. I would recommend Nissan, I know other people that own Nissans & they have been happy with them as well. Performance on these is very good. They are well designed, sound vehicles, have a lot of power, and if well maintained should last for many years. Nissans are very sharp looking automobile. They have a sleek, modern look, also very nice on inside. Mine has always drawn attention everywhere I drive it. This vehicle is made very well, is very durable, and long-lasting. With the proper maintenance and upkeep this vehicle is sure to last for many years to come.

The Nissan Versa is set at a good reasonable price but the best part is it gives you good mileage per gallon. So it is a savings all around. The car has a long lifespan. It performs great for the value and has bang for the buck. The Nissan Versa appearance is lacking. It is a hatchback and it has a very boxy like appearance. The look is one of its only drawback. The Nissan Versa has very good durability. It lasts a long time and does not break down. It is a very reliable car especially for the price.

Great value. Not very expensive compared to other vehicles. Great mileage. Highly would recommend to anyone who is looking for a car. Easy to fix when needed. Nice family car. Great performing vehicle. Smooth drive especially when driving out of town. Great performing with cheap amount of money to fill up gas tank. Nice body frame, nice exterior, nice interior, nice fabric of seating, very nice radio with gps system. Very nice colors to choose from. Very durable from reviews I've read. I loved my first Versa that we have already purchased another and probably will continue to purchase as long as all remains the same.

I would recommend to people who do not have kids or people who commute to and from work. But if they had kids I would not recommend because the backseat is way too small for car seats and to sit comfortably in the front. I had no issues with this car. I absolutely loved it until I got pregnant with baby number 2. Placing the car seat in the back was awful. We had to trade it in for something still ok on gas but not as good as the Versa is. I'm not into small cars. It is cute when you see it, but when you start to think about it the cuteness turns into super small and uncomfortable. I never wrecked the car or broke anything on it. But what scared me was if someone was to hit me then the car would be smashed and we would more than likely not live through it.

Good on gas and was worth buying. Small and affordable, not recommended for taller folks over 6 ft 3." Great first car for the kids or a college student. Just keep up with the oil changes and tunes and you will have no issue with this car. It's easy to work on if you have the patience. It's cheap and easy to fix, not too expensive on the wallet either.

Small, blue, 4 door hatchback. Interior is very nice, that is blue as well. Fold down seats. It's easy on the edges. Automatic not standard but that's ok with me. Fun to drive in. It wasn't too durable in the snow because of its small frame. The car doesn't have a lot of weight to it so it very easy to spin out or slide if you aren't careful. Doesn't do hills well either.

Drank more gas than appropriate for me, a person who has to commute the total of 69 miles every day for work. But overall, it was pretty durable, not too much problems. The performance was satisfactory. I kept maintenance periodic, so it worked as I wanted. Engine ran smoothly and enough power to speed as I wanted. Overall, I was happy with it. Personally I liked its appearance. Big and robust enough but not over-sized like other vans. It was dark red in color, so I liked it even more because that is my favorite color. I wanted to say I was very happy with its durability, but that would be a lie. It had many small problems like frequent headlight burnt, fluid drained, etc.

This car's value is great because it's cheap and really economic in the gas aspect. I love my Versa and I would consider telling people that they should look for it. When I am in the freeway I don't feel nothing. It rides smooth and the performance is great. This car is for any age type. Many will say that this car does not look fancy or something like other cars but it's useful and simple... For me it's great because it's small, convenient and looks perfect. The durability of the Nissan Versa is great. I been using my car since I got it in 2007. It's been almost 10 years and still works great. It looks great and I think it would last me a lot more years.

It was one of the less expensive models on the market and lasted a decent amount of time but it was hard to drive for very long and not powerful at all. It was such a gutless little car and seemed way too cheaply made. Driving on the freeway at top speed was somewhat a scary venture and I didn't trust it. It wasn't a great looking car at all. Maybe I should have sprung for a Sentra or Altima because the Versa was just kind of short and boring looking. I would not call the Versa durable at all. It was cheaply made or at least felt that way and had a lot of little issues all the time. It did not stand the test of time too well.

I would value this as a great car compared to some of the other cars I have previously owned because it has great features. Such as ecosaver. The performance on this car was wonderful. Sounds good upon cranking and a smooth drive. I call it the silent car. It picked up speed great and awesome brakes. This car has a smooth look. It looks like the car of the future. Nice tires and good starter rims. I love the curve on the hood of the car. This car was built to last. When make turns it make the job smooth and effortless on your behalf. I look forward to purchasing cars like this one the future because it makes driving that much easier.

It's a good car for the money I paid. Very eco friendly and well worth the price I paid for the vehicle. Would definitely buy another one again. Kind of a sluggish vehicle for a four cylinder. Bells and whistles are nice for this car. Nissan is a good brand of car. I like it a lot. It's nice and compact. It works very well when going out and about in the city. Very easy to parallel park in tight spaces. Hip hip Hooray! It's a very durable car even though it looks small. I can drive it for days and it won't break down on me. I love this vehicle so much.

It makes my life easier. I can get where I need to go without worrying if the car will not start. Or if the car will stop. Will I jam driving to the place I am going. It runs well. It starts up every time I try to use it. It is worth the money I paid to have it. It runs smooth and does not have to have a lot of work on it. It comes in a lot of colors. The outer color and the inner color match good. It has all the stuff where it should be so it does not stand out in a bad way. I had a car accident in it. The damage was not that much. The built of it is done so well that it stands up to a accident from the front.

Nissan Versa Company Profile