3.9/5 (261 ratings)
Find a Car Models partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Nissan Versa

The Nissan Versa is an affordable sedan that was first introduced in North America in 2007. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Nissan Versa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Versa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Versa?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I bought a new 2016 Nissan Versa. One day I get in the car, shut the door and the driver's side airbags deployed. Car was parked and off when this happened. I have been fighting for over a year trying to get it fixed. I had to go to hospital because stuff got in my eyes and hurt my neck which I had to file on my own insurance. Reopened the case again #**. Talked to attorney that wants the data from car showing the time it went off and my hospital records showing the time I went there so they can file personal injury suit. Not sure what to do. All I want is my car fixed correctly.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

2016 Nissan Versa worst car I ever owned, the CVT transmission failed at around 100k miles, it developed an electrical short. When I called a lemon law attorney he said the Nissan CVT has more complaints than any other car brand. Do not buy a Nissan. The attorney said this model is only good to 120k miles! What? I have a Toyota Camry with 400k. Danger. Do not by any Nissan with a CVT transmission!! They're junk!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I’ve had my Versa since December 2013, bought it pre owned with 13000 miles on it. My car now has 62,000 miles on it and has started jerking in the midst of driving. I took the car to Nissan and was told they could not figure out what was wrong with it because the check engine light was not on. Two days later the light came on, took it to another mechanic, where the warning was for my spark plugs. Spark plugs were changed and the car is still jerking. No one can truly say what’s wrong with the car and it’s sad.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Our Nissan Versa was called in due to a recall on the front coil springs. Both coil springs were replaced and just over a year later the right to coil spring broke. We called Nissan headquarters and they claimed that the guarantee for the new coil spring was only a year. It had been about a year and two months So they stated that they wouldn’t cover it and that we would have to pay. Now two years later the left coil spring is broken and needs to replaced. Yet again we will have to pay to have this coil spring replaced. Remember these are two coil springs that were replaced due to a recall in the first place.

In my past experience I have never had to replace a coil spring in a car and I have had some pretty old cars. The whole situation just seems ridiculous. They obviously have a faulty part to that they can’t get fixed. We are very discouraged and frustrated at the poor customer service all around. Both my husband and I both have Nissan’s. Neither of us will ever buy a Nissan again.

Original review: March 19, 2019

When I retired, I traded my big truck for this little car so we could save money. In town - this car is outstanding in traffic. Good on gas and can move through traffic easily. Parking lots are no problem??? On the interstate! A bit of a push-over in traffic. But gas is pretty good.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I had to replace the transmission on my 2012 Nissan Versa purchased new 8/6/2012. The total cost of transmission $3,534.93. The Versa had 70,619 miles. I had the transmission serviced on 2/23/18 at a total cost of $572.93 at 63,067 miles. No problems were noted at the time of service. Because of the issues I experienced with the Versa, due to no fault of my own, I feel I should be compensated for the cost of the repairs. Nissan Corporate Office simply said the vehicle was out of warranty. Never again will I purchase a Nissan.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I bought this car in 2015, the car already had CVT issues. It used to jerk and sometimes I had to turn it on again because the car would not move. I was not aware that it was a transmission problem. The RPM started to go up and down, in the hills the car would not get speed. In 2017, the car was stopping in the middle of the road to the point that I could not drive anymore, putting my life in dangerous. I went to Nissan and the transmission was replaced, in July 2018 the RPM started to go up and down again. Around September the car started to jerk and stop.

Due to my college classes I was unable to go Nissan until the end of December. On December 31st I went to Nissan and I was told that I needed to replace a transmission part, I replaced it. However, as soon as I left Nissan, I realized that the problem was not solved at all. I went back to Nissan they told me that water was going inside a hole in my trunk and going to the lights and it was causing the problem. I went to a trusted body shop and a mechanic to get a second opinion. Both told me that the lights did not have to do with the malfunction of the car, besides there wasn't any watermarks inside my truck.

I went back to Nissan and I was told that the rear light connector needed to be replaced, that was causing the problem. However, I went to my mechanic again and another repair place, both affirmed that rear lights has nothing to do with transmission, issues related with RPM or the car stopping in the middle of the road. There is an engine code on, which shows the part that I just changed at Nissan. Now I am concerned with my safety because if I stop at an intersection the car sometimes won't move, people start to honk at me. In addition, it is dangerous because in an intersection you have to be able to move your car in a timely manner.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My daughter is attending college in London, Ontario. In October of 2017 due to school and working she required a vehicle. We attended 5 Star Auto Sales at 1500 Dundas St. London 519 455 4227. She was assisted by a salesman. As a result we purchased a 2016 Nissan Versa Note. The vehicle operated well until 21 November when my daughter drove to Chatham to put on a set of tires for the winter. On her way back to London on the 401 her vehicle started to act up. There appeared to be no power and as a result she had to get to off the 401 (concerns will be addressed regarding how dangerous this was). The vehicle was barely able to move at all. It came to a stop and a tow truck had to be called to get the vehicle to a service centre in London, Ontario. The vehicle was towed to Meineke Auto Car Care at 1688 Dundas St ·London, Ontario (226) 270-2833. This tow cost $ 250.

My daughter then went to Dale Downie Nissan dealership 1111 Oxford St E London, ON N5Y 3L7 and explained the problem with her vehicle. She enquired about the warranty and told the service tech that the vehicle had 102,000 km/s on the odometer. She was then advised that they wouldn’t cover the transmission as it was 2,000 kms over the warranty. She was also advised that to repair the vehicle would be over $4000.00 DOLLARS. This devastated her as she still owed several thousand dollars on the vehicle. It was ONLY 2000 kms over the warranty (more about this in the summary).

Meineke technicians looked at the vehicle and thought maybe it was the speed sensors. Speed sensors were then installed at a cost of $375.00. The vehicle still didn’t run. My daughter was advised that they believed it was a transmission problem and it was decided to tow the vehicle to Murray's transmission 654 York St, London, ON N5W 2S7 226-272-1290. After looking at the vehicle Murray's charged her $56 for the inspection and gave her some prices.

I advised her to speak to Five Star Auto Sales as she was in tears at this time and didn’t have any money as she had to use her school money so far. At Five Star they advised her to get the vehicle over to Wilson Transmission 123 Falcon St. London OntarioN5W 4Z2 Phone: (519) 936-1010. These were the transmission specialist they (Five Star Auto Sales) use and they would try and get it done as cheaply as possible. It was still going to cost about 2,900.00 dollars. Once again the vehicle had to be towed to this location. She was also advised that these particular transmissions (CVT) have been a problem with Nissan vehicle. On the 27 November I sent an email to Nissan Canada.

On the 28 November I received an email from Nissan Canada. I sent them a reply to their questions. I had not received a reply to this email. I subsequently contacted Nissan Canada at 1800 387 0122 on the 05 Dec. 2018 and spoke to a representative. I explained the situation to this customer representative and how the vehicle was only 2,000 kms over the warranty. I gave her the information regarding the vehicle and was advised that it was not registered under my daughter's name for warranty. She would have to do that I was told. We had no idea that the she was not registered under the warranty. Nor has she or I been told about this when the vehicle was bought. I was then told by this representative that the vehicle would have to be taken to a Nissan dealership and looked at to see what the problem was and if it would be covered. Another tow.

On the 05 Dec. 2018 I called Dale Downie Nissan dealership and spoke to a receptionist I advised her of the situation and problem. She took my phone number and advised me that a service technician would call me. As of today I still have not received a call. I doubt that I will get one. On the 10 Dec 18 I received a phone message from Nissan Canada. I was advised it was a lady called Carol who is a manager and she would be handling my file. She requested I call her back to discuss the file. I called twice on Dec 10, 2018 and each time left a message on an answering machine. The voice identified herself as Carol and stated that she would get back before the end of the day. Dec 11 2018 I made two more calls leaving messages still no answer. It seems that Nissan Canada just does not care about service or their customers at this point.

The following are concerns: 1. My daughter is a struggling student and I am on a pension. She simply cannot afford this type of cost. She has had to revert to using her student loans. 2. She owes about $16,000 on this vehicle, which she cannot use. 3. The vehicle broke down on a major highway putting my daughter’s life in danger along with any person using the highway, should an accident occur, due to the negligence of Nissan Canada in ensuring the safety of the traveling public. Nissan knows that these transmission are defective but have failed to notify owners of the vehicles. 4. My daughter has had to use her student loan money to try and fix the problem. She cannot afford to put in a transmission that has been known to be defective.

5. The WARRANTY for this vehicle is over by 2,000 kms that is about 1,200 miles. Nissan Canada will not honour this warranty even though they know that the transmission has been defective in these vehicles. It is not as if it was several thousand kms over the warranty. 6. Any attempts to rectify this situation by emails and calls has been either pass the buck, "no the warranty is expired" or simply don’t return your calls. 7. Any attempts to speak to CEO’s managers at Nissan Canada are futile numbers and email address are not online. 8. My daughter requires a vehicle for placement and to go to and from work due to the hours she is to work. I may have to have the transmission fixed before we can get any type of help. The transmission problems with the Nissan vehicles are well documented.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Took my 2012 Nissan Versa to Chapman dealership in Philadelphia to correct two recalls. At the same time the inside driver side door handle stopped working. They charged $135 just to look at it and about $190 to fix it. Now to the recall work, one was about the airbags, one was about the suspension. In repairing the airbags, the "technician" failed to secure the dash and now the passenger portion of the dash pops up unexpectedly. The suspension work required front end alignment, now the car pulls left on the highway and the steering wheel is off center to the left.

Clearly, the "technician" did poor quality work. Had contact with Nissan customer service, they talk nice, but do nothing, they e-mailed, called and promised, but have done nothing to correct the situation. I guess that I have to give up on Nissan doing the right thing. I've made an appointment with another repair shop to fix the alignment problem, I think the cost will be under $100, don't know what to do about the dash, guess I'll have to live with it, maybe I can find a way to secure it with a shim or something. Needless to say, I have purchased my last Nissan.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I own a 2015 Nissan Versa. I bought this car brand new with 300 miles on it. Since then I have put 117,000 miles. I had an odd issue with my transmission. My car would jerk when I would change my gear from park to reverse. However, the car would not jerk forward when shifting from park to neutral and then to reverse. When this issue occurred a check engine light came on. I had Nissan diagnose the issue at the dealership and they said I would need to spend $4500 to replace my transmission. I too, was out of warranty by 10,000 miles. I purchased a DTC/OBD scanner and read that the check engine light had a code P0705 Faulty Transmission Range Sensor. I had that sensor replaced for $200 at the dealership, however, that did not fix the issue.

I had an independent transmission shop take a look for a second opinion and they found a Nissan Technical Bulletin that stated that water can intrude in the tail light and cause a short on the circuit that is also attached to the transmission range sensor via a wire that runs from the front of the car to the back. I had a new rear tail light assembly installed and this fixed my car completely! It cost a total of $500. Your CVT may be just fine. If the car will move, then it could just be a short circuit in your tail light causing electrical issues. Please get a DTC scanner. It saved me $4000 dollars. Also service your CVT fluid every 40,000 miles and change your oil every 3,000 miles. It's also wise to use seafoam to clean your fuel line every other oil change (6,000 miles).

On a side note: When Nissan first told me my car's transmission was bad (it wasn't the transmission at all) I heavily contemplated purchasing a new car from Nissan. They offered me $500 for my 2015 Nissan Versa and were lying to me the entire time about what was wrong with my current car. The car only had a water damaged circuit board located in the rear tail light. I fixed my Versa's transmission for $500.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a 2014 Nissan Versa. It was a year old. 40k on it. They never disclosed to me that the transmission was replaced 40k so right before I bought it. At 158k the transmission is going out again. I owe 6000 still on the car. It's worth maybe 1000 now because it's a piece of crap. Nissan knows that the CVT are no good and they are selling a car that are not reliable. One problem is they are not safe. I had no check engine light. It just shut down in the middle of the freeway. These cars are going to get people killed, Great job Nissan.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am recently learning of these common severe Nissan transmission issues, as my Nissan Versa transmission failed. I bought a brand new Nissan Versa Sedan in 2014. At 80K miles, the transmission failed on a regular routine maintenance car. Two different shops, one of the shops being a Nissan dealership itself, assessed the car yielding same result - transmission failed and need a new battery.

The non-Nissan shop informed me that they had other Nissan Versas in service for the same Transmission issue, that there was a Government-issued Nissan transmission CVT recall, and to call Nissan immediately and let them know that the car is fairly new around 80K and to have such a sudden failed transmission. Additionally, the techs enlightened me that Nissan Versa's ARE NOT GOOD CARS, and Nissan in general has Transmission Issues that drivers should avoid until Nissan combats the issue. I have reached out to Nissan to inform them of the situation and reports. Hopefully, consumer services is a more quality experience than the undiscovered problem of why their transmissions are failing in new well-maintenance cars.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Took the Versa into the Boerne, Tx. Nissan dealer for transmission slipping, 82,000 miles (2000 miles over warranty). Gave me an ok with the bill. Transmission stopped and had to be towed to Nissan in Austin. $3,500 rebuild. 123,000 miles, transmission went out again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Nissan Versa is good on gas and I get very good miles. Very good family starter car and great for traveling around the world. Also, very spacious in the trunk area. Really like the CD player. Lots of room in the backseat area and legroom is good in the front. However, they could add a camera to back out, a hands-free way to use the cell phone when driving, and maybe add a 6 CD player. Also, the insurance is expensive.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Nissan Versa is a super cool car. Works great, very reliable, and very good gas mileage. Big truck, lots of room and roomy seating. Smooth ride and love the color of it. Very good car brand. I love the fact that the car looks sporty and exterior is really fancy. Plus it handles good and is a very quick car. You can barely hear it run and it has great power too. However, I don't like the key fob key ring feature because every few months the batteries die, and you have to go to the dealership and pay to have them replaced.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The salesman asked me a couple of question and picked the Nissan Versa out for me. I really appreciate that. After we walked out and I took a look at it, I was in love. It was my favorite color and affordable. It's durable and it gets me where I need to be without breaking down or causing me any issues. My car changed my life. If I could change anything it would the space on the inside. My car is small rather compact. If it was a little bigger that would be a cherry on top of my sundae.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The Versa is a compact car with roomy backseat. Good on gas and the trunk has a large enough space to load groceries and several items while shopping. The car accelerates slowly and at high speeds doesn't seem to handle well but that may be because I need my tires rotated. Price was within budget and has 4 doors. Insurance is affordable and car looks nice. Good to drive in the city and running errands but not such a smooth ride. Would like a faster engine and a smoother and quieter ride. Would also like to have more luxury like leather seats and have a GPS system. I would not recommend for long travels over 2 hours as it could be uncomfortable in the seats. Other than that there's nothing wrong with the car.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My Nissan Versa has good gas mileage and easy control settings. Comfortable ride and economical and very good on gas. Roomy back seat makes 2 car seats fit with ease and small glove box is great for gun storage. Love that they offered this in the color red. I like the good leg room and comfortable height. Love the ease of adjustable radio controls on steering wheel, the anchor strapping systems for car seats, and the double glove compartment. I like having a back seat that folds down for cargo loads. However, the carpets are a little hard to keep clean because of their texture. Also, a digital stereo system with Sirius and better side mirrors to help overcome the blind spots towards the rear third of the car would have been nice.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Nissan Versa 2017 is a very fine car. Simple and very easy to get in and out of parking lots and to turn around. The overall experience with the car so far after owning it for almost one year now is one the happiest things that have happened to me and my 24 year old son in a very long time! We both love driving it and look forward to driving it every single day. There is not a day goes by that we thank THE LORD above for allowing us to purchase such a magnificent car! We both feel blessed beyond words! We know that we have to take very good care of it in order to keep it for many years to come!

We are very happy with our purchase and know we got a very good deal with a 4500.00 allowance for our very old Volvo x90 2004 car. This brought the car down considerably where we could afford it! This is an added feature we did not think about until we started looking for new cars last year in June 2017 when the Volvo broken down on us 2 times in one month. We needed a reliable car that was fun to drive and above all else safe to drive with good gas mileage. I like that the Nissan Versa 2017 is a small and compact 4 door car. Nice and easy to drive. The turning ratio is superb and dream to turn. I would recommend this car to family and friends in a heartbeat. They would not be disappointed in the overall cost of the car and the exceptional gas mileage.

The Nissan Versa 2017 was recommended by the car salesman and the way he described it it seemed just the right car for me and my son's needs. The peace of mind is worth more than you can imagine! We now take day trips out of town which we could not do with the Volvo xc90. This makes life much less worrisome and just a major relief knowing that it will not break down on you especially at nighttime. It nice to have auto windows instead of roll up, lighter interior color instead of black. The right color which is white it does show dirt easily but does not take away from the fact that it is an economical car in price and mileage on streets and especially on the highway where it gets over 40 miles to the gallon. This is one of the best cars for this fact.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I will never buy another Nissan! My 2012 Nissan Versa had the transmission go at only 70,000 miles. Nissan refused to extend the warranty even though other models had the transmission warranty extended to 120,000 miles for the same issues. At only 30,000 miles my exhaust pipe completely rusted off and fell off while I was driving. Again, Nissan failed to cover and said it was from salt from snow removal. I washed my car regularly and it was only exposed to a normal amount of snow. Horrible car! Horrible customer service!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Nissan Versa Note is a small cute car that gets good mileage and is easy to drive long or short distances. The car is an entry level car that is very much overpriced and Nissan will not work with you to lower the price, even when your money has been reduced to less than half of what you were making when you originally purchased the car. I have had the car since August 2014 and paid on it in a timely manner until the end of 2017. I owe more than the car is worth and Nissan can only work towards taking the car back, auctioning or selling it and charging you for the difference. I would not recommend buying an overpriced car from Nissan or anybody.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Thank you Patricia at All Pro Nissan on Michigan Ave. in Dearborn, MI and to Summer at Nissan Consumer Affairs. You guys are my lifesavers, my car had the transmission go out at 69,000 miles. This was not covered by my extended warranty and I didn't know what you do. Tricia told me to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs. After about a week, Summer from Nissan Consumer Affairs contacted me to say she had a favorable decision for me and the full $5,000 repair would be covered... minus the diagnosis fee of $115 which I covered gladly. I did have one issue of a torn cv axle during the transmission repair which will hopefully be covered as well... thank you Summer at Nissan Consumer Affairs and thank you Patricia at All Pro Nissan on Michigan Avenue in Dearborn, MI. Without you guys I would be out of my 2015 Nissan Versa Note SV, which I love very much. ❤❤❤

Original review: April 29, 2018

I wanted a manual transmission with no electronics, good mileage and easy to drive. Nissan Versa Note fit the bill. There's no distracting console, manual windows, no wifi or anything that can be hacked.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I have a 2012 Nissan Versa. I’m having a transmission issue. The mileage is still with the limits only 54,000 miles. They should fix the transmission... but they are not honoring the warranty... ever. Though there is a recall on it...

Original review: April 3, 2018

I bought this car Versa) new for approx 13000 in 2012. Have put zero dollars into it, except for tires and general maintenance. It has been reliable and I can pack a lot in the hatchback. Maybe I’m lucky? This is my third Nissan. My 200sx lasted 17 years. It was still running but in 2012, got smog so I regretfully put it to rest. I bought the Versa and have had it for 6 years now. I’m looking at the Altima or possibly a Versa Note.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I noticed my 2012 Nissan Versa was jerking. Took it to a Nissan service department. They verified my shifter was broke and transmission is going out. I was shocked! I still am making payments on this car. I called Nissan. Spoke to three different employees. Hoping to get a buyback, a different car or they would pay for the transmission. I was denied on all. Now, I'm stuck paying for a car I can't even afford to fix. I had cars that lasted me years! I will never, ever buy a Nissan again. That's a guarantee.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have a 2015 Nissan Versa with less than 50,000 miles on it and the power steering stopped working while I was driving one day. Brought it to Nissan and they said I need an entirely new steering column for over $5,000...on a car that’s less than 3 years old. I called Nissan to see if they would do the repair for a discount since the car is so new and it’s obviously a manufacturer error, and they refuse to help because the factory warranty ended a few months ago. That shouldn’t matter. When they sell a car that requires a repair for 1/3 the price of the car because of their poor quality, they should fix it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I read a few of the reviews on Nissan Versa. Just to bring this to everyone's attention. This is for 2007-2010 Nissan Versa + other models of Nissan. First, to provide you with additional assurance regarding your overall cost of ownership we have doubled the warranty period for the Continuously Variable Transmission in your Nissan. The existing powertrain warranty coverage of 5 years/60,000 miles will be extended at no cost to you, for CVT repairs, replacements or related towing, to 10 years/120,000 miles, whichever comes first. Mine is 5 months over the extended warranty but 16000 miles. Nissan won't do anything. But since I'm over warranty, I have nothing else I can do except share this information with everyone else.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

2014 Nissan Versa. Where to begin? Don't count on your fancy transmission lasting long. If there are any problems, the only solution is a complete replacement - mine began slipping @ 116,000 miles and was told there was "imminent mechanical failure" and an entire front-to-back transmission replacement, shipped from Nissan, would cost me $4,500.00. That was 1 week after the check engine light came on, telling me there was a problem with the "air shutter" at the front of the engine. This happened coincidentally after a rare NC snowfall, which is a common occurrence. Cost to fix? $726. I've done ALL the required/recommended maintenance since purchase. Still these are major defects and should NOT have happened. Also, the belt has squealed since day 1. They don't know why.

The rear driver door handle just quit working last month. The door locks are incredibly easy to brush when exiting, thus locking yourself out if the car is running. The silver accents around the speedometer and RPM gauge, if the sun is out and enters the dash area, prepare to be BLINDED by the reflection coming off the mirror-like accents. VERY POOR DESIGN. The center console power port... sticks out inches and is EASILY broken due to the protrusion into the cabin area. And the defroster blower... GOES OUT after a while. I've never in my entire 50 years had a car where the defroster blower quits. The dealer said "It's a plastic part, and they wear out".

There are 2 "rain gutters" where the hood meets the windshield, on either side. They are held in place by TINY plastic hooks. If any mechanic or someone working on the car is not careful, they will break them and you will not notice until later. They cost $50 each. Needless to say, I am going without. What a crappy crappy crappy car. For my first Nissan, I'll NEVER buy another Nissan as long as I live. My Ford/Chevy/GMC vehicles went far longer with fewer problems. Excellent gas mileage savings are NULLIFIED by the unnecessary and expensive mechanical failures from sub-standard parts and poor engineering. STAY CLEAR OF SMALL NISSAN CARS!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I purchased a 2015 Nissan Versa Note. Everything about the vehicle was great. It functioned perfectly as a commuter car. However, no one told me the transmission would be a POS. It needed a new transmission at 60,000 miles. After a couple months I noticed the same delays and "slipping" characteristics that the first transmission was displaying before it needed to be completely replaced. I have had this 2nd transmission for only 12,000 miles and it is needing to be repaired or replaced (as it is still under warranty); however, Nissan is making it extremely difficult in making this happen. They are stating nothing is wrong with the transmission even though it is doing the same thing the first transmission was doing.

I took my Nissan Versa to a another transmission shop to get a second opinion. They said this transmission runs on belts and 3 of the belts have significant delays. If those belts are not repaired they stated that the transmission will need to be completely rebuilt (an approx $4500 process - the Kelly Blue Book price for my Nissan Versa right now is $8000). This vehicle is only 3 years old. I regularly service it and I pay for whatever Nissan charges me whenever I take it in. I treat my car well and I take care of it.

My guess is they want to hold out until the warranty on the 2nd transmission is over before they finally admit there is something wrong with it. I have started to hear the same thing about the transmissions from other Nissan Versa owners and I want to give anyone else a heads up before they buy anything from Nissan. Check what type of transmission you are buying. If it is a CVT transmission DO NOT BUY unless you want to be replacing your transmission before 100,000 miles. I am still in negotiations with Nissan to get this transmission issue figured out but I can tell you my next vehicle will be with a company known to build things to last... perhaps a Honda. Those things can get run into the ground before they finally go out. They definitely last longer than 3 years.

Nissan Versa Company Information