3.9/5 (414 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

About Nissan Leaf

The Nissan Leaf is an all-electric car that debuted in 2010. Read more Nissan reviews to learn about other models.

Nissan Leaf Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Leaf?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Leaf?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

We used to love our 2017 Nissan Leaf until the battery started to degrade. We brought the car to the dealership for a warranty repair. Our battery was "condemned" May 12, 2022. It has been 4 months now and still no new battery from Nissan. We tried Nissan Consumer affairs, also not helpful. We are furious that this warranty repair is still waiting for a battery! What good is the warranty if the company does not supply the parts to honor it? FYI, for people wondering “it’s just a battery, why not replace it yourself?” This is a $7,000-$8,000 battery.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The SOS button and Nissan Connect EV & Services app do not work. And, Nissan’s response: “We are investigating your NissanConnect EV & Services concern. Nissan is aware some MY23 LEAF vehicles equipped with NissanConnect EV & Services have demonstrated a lack of connectivity related to telematics services. An update is currently being investigated, which should resolve the connectivity concerns.” It is my hope Nissan USA works toward a speedy resolution.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

This repair system is the worst ever. It took my Nissan dealer 4 months to tell me that the glue bottle is not removable/replaceable and so the whole unit needs replacing after use? WTF? For all the greenwashing going on, this is the most ridiculous use of resources ever. I need a whole new electric unit every time I use one of the glue bottles - note I cannot unscrew the glue bottle from the unit once attached. Madness. I hope you're listening Nissan. Madness!

Original review: June 3, 2022

Overall, the price is fair for an entry electrical vehicle, it's nothing special with a driving range of 220 per full charge. With the clean air and tax rebate, it's a great buy compare to many other competitions, but for us, it was a nightmare to own. Our typical commute per day is about 100 miles a day, with gas prices at all time high, we are saving money each time the car was driven; but unfortunately, the car broke down within 6 months; and sits in the shop for about 1 and a half month to fix; tow into the shop 2 times; fixing a minimum of 10 things in order to get the car running again;

With that aside; cargo room practicality is very reasonable with big trunk and folding seats; the seats aren't as comfortable compare to some other Japanese brands, the on board infotainment screen is unresponsive and laggy; Apple Carplay is hit or miss; (!!Per dealership serviceman: There are no fixes; simply don't use Carplay will be the fix!!), compare to some other new EV in the market; everything seems lacking.

Overall: if you just want to save gas and get some good incentives; this will satisfy that aspect; if you are looking for more; I don't recommend the Leaf or Nissan with my current experience. Please be aware and scratches and dents created at the dealership as they don't take any responsibilities and put it plainly, dealership states is not their problem but the consumers, by the words of our service personnel, it's not our problem but yours, you can contact customer service at Nissan to complaint about this matter. Would you buy a car that has this many problems and one of the worst customer service in the industry?

Original review: April 29, 2022

My battery died while it was under warranty. I brought it in and they started diagnostics. Found that 3 cells were dead and sent the information into Nissan for them to decide what to do. It was decided they would replace the battery, so they placed an order for a battery. All in all, it took 4 months from the time I dropped the car off at the dealership until they called me to tell me that it was fixed. They did not give me a rental car and would not reimburse me for the cost of gas. I was lucky enough to be able to use my wife's car since she rarely ever drives, but with the high gas prices, it easily cost us 500 dollars extra over these couple months. Their response was that they would reimburse on a case to case basis for rental cars up to 35 dollars/day up to 5 days. So if you are ok being without a car for long periods of time with no assistance, then shop Nissan, otherwise stay away.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Purchased with 7000 miles on it Dec of 2012. Had about 70 miles range driving in Florida. Now has 80000 miles had the battery repaired under warranty in 2016. It has iffy 50 miles range. Really have to observe speed and estimated range. According to reviews, it appears the 2019 may be a problem for owners. After reading the reviews would not buy another electric vehicle from Nissan. If the Chevy bolt finally resolves their battery issues will probably buy it in a couple of years if my Nissan retains the current 50 mile range. Will buy Chevy bolt sooner if range falls below 40. Still enjoyed 8 years of $1 cost for every 30 miles plus free charging at Nissan with coffee and clean restrooms too.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

After less than 15,000 miles the tires on my 2019 Nissan Leaf must be replaced. This is ridiculous. The service people at a dealer told me that they put cheap tires on the new cars. I will not buy another Nissan if this is what they are doing to their customers.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

For a person with short commutes it's a perfect solution to never Visit a gas station. Low cost charging at home. Free charging at Nissan dealers. Easy and low cost dealer maintenance. Most states have better incentives than VA but still worth it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Fully electric car, very well made. Gives 144 miles on a full charge. Has lots of safety features, like breaking when it senses the front of the car is too near an object. Comfortable, big hatch back. Saves quite a bit in comparison to buying gas for our old car. We are delighted with the Nissan Leaf!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I am leasing a 2018 Nissan Leaf SV which I thought would be a reliable vehicle but in the less than one year that I’ve had the car, the car has been subject to a voluntary recall for the battery bracket and is throwing itself in the park when I’m in drive, flashing the in tear your lights when I’m driving on freeways, and indicating that the door is open when it is not. When I complain to customer service and ask for some kind of reset or option to take the lift to a local dealer or mechanic since we have no Nissan dealerships within 1000 miles, the agent named Brian started to shout at me and tell me that would invalidate the warranty. When I asked them what Nissan could do to make this vehicle work safely, he said “there is nothing Nissan can do.“ What the hell.

Nissan Leaf Company Information