3.91/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Nissan Leaf

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

23 Nissan Leaf Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Was forced to pay $200 for an updated telecommunication module on my 2014 Nissan Leaf. The new module drains 12v battery. Nissan says they know about problem but can't help me. So I paid for nothing. Have to disable in order to not have my car's battery go dead. The safest distance I can drive on one charge is 65 miles before battery goes dead. It's rated for 90. The car has depreciated 9000 every year I have had it. Had it appraised to sell and they would only give me 9000 for it. It has 20K miles on it! I own two Nissans but will never buy another after being swindled and ignored.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I leased Nissan Leaf for 3 years. I returned it last April. Of course, I didn't pay for DMV renewal for this year. Now I received "notice of delinquent renewal" from DMV. Of course, I believed Nissan would take care of ownership right after I returned the car. DMV should know I don't own the car anymore!! So I called Nissan. Every time I called, they said "we don't handle the issue in my department." I called 3 different numbers they gave me each time I called. And they are rude! I can imagine their grouchy faces.

Finally I reached a right department called "Electric customer support" and told about the bill from DMV. The man who talked me was rude too! He said, "ok, I will send a letter to DMV that you are no longer owner of the car. They will change the status within 2 weeks." No apologies, nothing... I asked "so you haven't sent any letters to DMV regarding the ownership of the car?" He said, "you don't know anything! We have a lots of cars to handle every day!" I feel like what???

It's been 2 months... 2 months!! And I asked if I can have a letter that you sent DMV a change of ownership letter. And he said "oh no, we can't do that. I took care of it already, Ok?" Then "bye" he hung up. So how do I know if they change the status? Do I have to call DMV to see if they remove Nissan from my account??? I liked Nissan Leaf a lot, but I will never buy Nissan cars anymore so that I don't need to deal with these rude people. By the way I own Honda and Audi. These customer services are not like Nissan. I can feel they care!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 5, 2017

Called Nissan Customer service as my 2012 Leaf SL model with less than 26,300 miles (less than 50% of the warranty 60,000 miles) does not provide even 55 miles of driving range out of 110 (when new). I no longer can use the vehicle for commuting to work due to limited range. Only driving now to the local grocery store and local area chores due to limited range. Battery still says nine bars out of twelve (twelve cells with one bar per cell). The warranty is 60 months or 8 bars which the 60 months is up this month (May 2017). Had I been able to drive the car normally to work the battery would have been to 8 bars (or eight cells) by now.

Initial contact with Nissan was very positive until I get a call back from "Leaf special customer services" (Chris at ext. **) who says, "Sorry, but you are already out of warranty in April 2017" (60 months). I was not even delivered the vehicle until May 2012 but he insisted 60 months starts when they ship the vehicle, not on delivery. The battery has not even come close to performing as advertised and cannot be driven 50% of the design miles (110 miles) but Chris says that is "Nissan policy" and "Nissan makes no exceptions".

I said I have read of several exceptions specifically for situations like mine as a disabled vet who no longer can even use the vehicle to drive to work because of the limited round-trip available miles is insufficient before recharge. He said those exceptions are not true and were never granted by Nissan. I found his harsh point of view not very credible. I asked to speak to a supervisor which he claimed would say the exact same thing and resisted letting me talk to anyone else.

The driving distance was not a problem last year when I was at 21,000 miles but the battery dropped 30 miles in range over the last six month. The battery is obviously failing but barely above the eight bars (at which time they say they would have replaced the battery if not already past 60 months) but I cannot use the vehicle normally so the 60 months will elapse before the battery goes to 8 bars. Plus Chris claims Nissan started the 60 months three weeks early and that I am already out of luck. The real kicker is I received an Email today from the dealership where the vehicle was purchased congratulating me on coming up on my five year anniversary (60 months) in a week this May 2017 and would I like to buy a new one!!!

Chris said to go ahead and write a poor review as it will not make any difference on Nissan. I said I would do that and include his name and extension so others can voice to him how Nissan not only does a poor job in their engineering but then fail to even back their customers who trusted them to stand by their product if it does not perform. Having a policy that reduces the 60 months to less than 60 months and then not considering less than 24,300 miles out of 60,000 miles a failure to perform as specified is a very sad commentary on what a potential customer can expect from Nissan. Call Chris at 800-6477261 #7 and ask for ext ** and share what you think about how Nissan backs their products (such as Leaf batteries) and takes care of their customers (like a Vet like me).

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It got me where I wanted to go and was popular especially with my friends but I felt it should have had more to offer to me. For example the amount of gas I had to buy for it was a little more than I had to with my previous car. The car itself was very luxurious and came with many different comforts and features such as four-wheel drive and advanced and comfortable seating. The car was able to do quick turns and adapt. The car was very sleek and smooth and had enough space to carry multiple passengers. The only critique I had was that it looked more like a van than an actual sedan. The car was able to go on for long periods of time. As far as durability I never got into any accidents however the car never got scratched and it never lost its shine.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Very clean and safe because it is one of the best cars ever made and the miles per gallon ratio is awesome. The miles per gallon ratio is very good and the small, compact version of the car is good. The size is what makes the car very good and very easy to park. The way the car is made is very good. The car has an awesome swag and the parts just come off this cheap car. They must put a recall on it. The car cant even barely take a speed bump. You will have to feel every bump in the world. It feels like the car is just going to break down at any time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan Leaf?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

It's a nicely designed car, with many nice features. The car is good for the environment and provides clean and efficient energy. The car is sleek and has a nice overall color scheme. The car has a nice performance. It drives very well and fast. The car responds with every slight touch. The car is a pleasure to drive and is fast and speedy. The car is awesome. The car has an attractive design. The design is sleek and very easy on the eyes and looks wonderful. It's a design that I would like to have on several other cars. The car is just very beautiful overall. The car is very sturdy and is hard to destroy and damage. The car's design looks very well made out of very expensive material. The quality looks top notch and the workmanship is also top notch.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

The whole value of the customer service experience made me feel welcomed while selecting a car. Selection of cars was available with great financing options. Time in dealership was satisfactory as well. The rep's performance was excellent. Very pleasant to discuss car selection, features inside the car as well as financing options. His demeanor was pleasant to be around as well. The appearance inside the dealership was satisfactory. The dealership was very clean and dust free. The dealership has a pleasant welcoming smell and odor free. I would rather not discuss the durability of the dealership other than it was a great dealership to be around and has knowledgeable and good customer service reps.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I loved passing by the gas stations. Its 100% electric. When I got the 15000 mile checkup it cost just $20 for the tire rotation, car wash and battery testing. It's ultra low maintenance. No pricey oil changes or tuneups. Fewer moving parts. It uses no gas. You only need to go to the gas station to put air in your tires. Interior is roomy, it can easily fit a family. 3 seats across the back. Halogen headlights, 16" steel wheels. 4 doors with 5 seats. Lockable charge port has an inner light so you can charge at night. Splash guards. Bluetooth hands free phone system. The Nissan Leaf is covered by a 36,000 mile warranty. Battery is covered against defects by a 100,000 mile warranty. Long range on a single charge.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

It has made my life cheaper and easier and I love to feel that I am helping the environment. It is also a really cute little car and I feel cool driving it around and bragging about it to my friends! The car runs like a dream and if you live close to charging stations you can go around without filling up the tank for what feels like weeks and weeks! Very fast and easy to maneuver. Easy to park as well. Super cute car here. Looks almost like a friendly little animal (but a fast one with some power and some attitude). Maybe a flying squirrel? Nice size of wheels and cool hubcaps. It is a strong car. I could drive it up the mountain at san jacinto without it overheating like other people's cars. I think it will last for many years and the resale value should be great. It's a classic!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I find this to be an efficient car that is fun and easy to drive. I enjoyed the options and felt that the car was well worth the value. It was a smooth ride with easy handling. The Leaf responded the way that I expected it to, and I enjoyed driving it, although it did not have huge get up and go. The Nissan Leaf is a simple car. It is not very sporty, but it is classy enough that I am willing to drive it. It has a nice interior. I found that the car was able to drive in many different conditions and handled the change alright. The interior was durable as I used it with my two dogs in it and the interior held up to the wear and tear.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

This product brought me a satisfying amount of value. I paid good money for the car I have and have even named him because we have spent so much time together. I love him so much. This product has lasted me almost ten years now and I have had no problems besides for the battery failing when leaving for vacation away from college. It is a sleek design. Black and shiny. Very enjoyable and beautiful as a car. Nice, working, crazy, wonderful. Cannot say enough about how lovely this is. Very ** strong man.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It has helped me to save a lot of money on gas. It allowed me to reach long distances without filling up again. It's a vehicle that has also been environment friendly as well. Nissan made with vehicle with high quality and durability. It was a bit small, but very efficient. The handling was good and it was very responsive. It doesn't take off with great speeds like other gas powered cars, but it's maneuverability is good and sharp. Gas pedals and brake pedals worked wonderfully. Not really the kind of car for speed drivers. The overall appearance could use some work. I didn't really like the look of the front grill. I didn't like the look of the back either. It could use a better modern touch. The interior styling is very good. Good looking console and controls. I didn't have the car that long to test it's longevity, but seems good overall. I've ran through a few pot hole that didn't cause any damage to the car. No parts interior or exterior came off or came loose. All parts remained intact.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

This is very special car. The environment, safety, dynamic performance and life on board is excellent. It is more that other features. This features are so important for me. Specially safety. This car added more value for this car. The performance of this car is excellent. The technology is much improved and made this car so safe when you drive. Also it made fun and easy to drive. The color of this car is usually so nice it grabbed my attention. I like the door handles and the inside interior of the car. I also like the inside features of this car. It so much comfort when I am inside the car. It is so attractive design made this car special. It is durable made from the good quality material. Like how made the doors and inside the car. Everything how made this car gives me idea that this is a good quality car.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Wonderful gas mileage and comfortable seating. I also like the design of the car's exterior and the car's handling is excellent. I would gladly recommend this car to anyone wants an efficient and cost saving car. The handling is very precise and the acceleration is also very good. It has excellent gas mileage. Overall this is a very good performing vehicle. The vehicle is a very sleek and gorgeously designed look. The interior is roomy and comfortable, it really suits my needs well. The appearance stands up to other models. This vehicle has a very strong and durable exterior design. It feels safe and it is well built. Overall, the build of this vehicle is as powerful and strong as you can possibly imagine.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

The Nissan Leaf that has been in my possession for approximately 3 years, has afforded myself with a distinguished vehicle that is conservative on fuel economy via electric fueling stations. The Nissan Leaf is the perfect, viable alternative to being reliant upon gasoline. For a vehicle whose energy capacities are facilitated via electrical means, the Nissan Leaf demonstrates adequate performance and handling on all variations of roads as well as off-road terrain. The Nissan Leaf, from a structural standpoint, is rather ovular in appearance and the manner in which it sits makes it emulate a compact vehicle. Per its electrical fuel capacities, the Nissan Leaf is a highly durable vehicle and its power can be sustained for a respectable distance before a charge-up is warranted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

It has not brought any excitement in my life and is just a way to get around. It's helpful for driving around on good mileage cars. I would choose another car if I could. It is a boring performance car. I need to purchase a better one soon. This car is meant for a commuter and not for luxury or performance. It is one ugly car and if I had the money, I would have purchased another exotic luxury car. This is just a commuter car for freeways and nothing more. The durability seems fine as it is a work car that commutes back and forth on the freeways only. I would drive another car for weekends and have more fun that way.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

It has a nice body. It's very neat and clean. It runs well. It's a 2010 so I could have better but I'm satisfied with it. I like it. The mileage is awesome. It will do for now until I get a new car. The performance of my car is amazing. I haven't expressed any problems with it, it gets me where I need to go without any problems. I don't experience any noises or I have yet to experience any difficulties with it. My car is super neat and clean. I get my car washed and tires cleaned every week. Besides a small scratch that's on the hood it's wonderful. It's a used car but it looks very much so new. The durability of my car is amazing. It can withstand anything like going up steep hills or bumpy roads. I love my car because it's all around perfect. I would recommend buying this car to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Great electric car for the price since Nissan is a great brand, plus all the rebates that you get in return for electric which drops the price of the vehicle even further. Amazing electric car that performs extremely well. I just wish it got better mileage per charge since it runs only on electricity, so no road trips out of fear of being stranded. Gorgeous car just like the rest of the Nissan lineup. Beautiful and sleek interior and exterior, good colors to choose from that are very elegant. Like other Nissan vehicles, this one is hardy and make to last. Never had any mechanical or computer errors or accidents. It's obvious a quality made vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I really like that fact that it has more room on the inside vs what it looks like on the outside. I don't have to worry about gas, I'm doing my part in not leaving footprints on the earth. I have not had any problems. The car performs well, it is fast, the design is great, easy to park, the maintenance is very low. I drive long distance and it is very comfortable. The look is very sleek, unique, sorta aerodynamic. I get a lot of compliment curious questions about the design of my beautiful Leaf. The inside is very sleek as well. I have bumped a few thing over time, but I have not dented or scratched my car. The paint job is exceptional as well. Other than the occasional pothole, my car is very durable.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

It's a small car, it saves on gas, and good for short distances. It was reliable, but I would be nervous if I had to travel very far. It went about 80 miles before recharging. I never had any problems with the car, but it was small and didn't get very far before it needed to be recharged. I did like that it is good for the environment. I didn't really like the look of it. It had too much of a bubble look. I'd rather it have a more sleek design. It was also really small. A bigger one would be more family friendly. It wore well and was sturdy. I never had any mechanical problems or body problems with it. It never needed repaired. The ride was smooth as well.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

It's very fun to drive and saves me money. It is the best thing I have ever driven and it's so fun! It's fun to grove in the morning! It is so smooth to drive especially in the sun on a clear day going southbound on the highway! It does not get better than that! Thank you very very much! I get all kinds of looks from jealous folks and very pretty ladies and handsome men! It is very durable and feels safe to drive. It is like handling a giant gorilla on the road! We need durable vehicles to run on the road!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

It has brought my family many comfortable ride to anywhere we go. I'd recommend this vehicle for many of my friends anytime. This vehicle is clean, comfortable, a must have, and super easy. This vehicle makes good turns left or right. It also has a good amount of speed to not get you car sick or anything like that. That is how helpful this kind of car is. I don't hate or love the style for flare, but for home and coziness this is ten out of ten. The design may be plain, but it gives it a clean aspect. Maybe if it was a clean shiny white I'd change it to five stars. I have used this car for years, and so far it has not been broken down. This car is strong and wide. Don't know why, but it's really durable.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

When I bought it I thought it was a little out of my price range but it ended up being one of the smartest purchases that I've ever made. I'm very happy with my car. The overall performance of my vehicle is quite satisfactory. I like the mileage that I get and all the money that I save on gasoline. It may take a little extra effort but it's definitely worth it. I like the overall appearance of my vehicle. It's green in color and green in environmental intent. It's compact and zips in and out, here and there. It suits me just fine. I think it looks awesome. I hope it will last a long time.

Nissan Leaf Company Information