Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Mr. Transmission
2.20/5

Mr. Transmission

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

70 Mr. Transmission Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Excuse my mouth for a sec but I'm about to show my ** on Mike May of the now CLOSED Mr. Transmission. See people like him is the reason I don't use **-owned businesses. This man has had vehicle of my mine for almost 2 yrs supposing to replace a transmission. This fast-talking, bald-headed, pretentious misrepresentation of a professional mechanic cashed all checks from the car company and my husband before the ink could even dry!! If it wasn't one thing it was another excuse. "Oh Mrs. ** next week, something broke, I had to get another part, oh umm Imma give you some money until I get it fixed." You prevaricator of trickery!! You can't even keep your word on anything. I spoke to you on Friday and you guaranteed me $500 by day's end and what did I? NOT A DAMN THING!!

I told you on the phone if I had to get involved I'm not as nice as my husband and my Pull-Up-Game is SUPER STRONG. And you was GHOST. And I called you and you said, "We got done early," so y'all left but you did send me no MONEY. No CashApp, PayPal, Walmart to Walmart or Western Union. But you shot me a blatant lie. Said that you not coming back up there because you don't live in Columbus??!! HELL. ME EITHER!! Then you told me, "Mrs. Jasmine Imma call you first thing Sat morning so we can get things situated." Y'all think I heard from this **-NINJA!!!

Now Mike my husband done gave me permission to drag your ** and you ain't even gonna see it coming. For anyone who has some similar issues with this man his new location is **. His number is **. And the worst part is my damn vehicle ain't even there and I'm still paying a note and insurance on it. Be professional at all times and if you can't do what you say you can own up to it. BE A MAN!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my BMW 650i brought in for a transmission diagnostic due to the car not being able to shift out of second gear. Joe who I primarily spoke with was a nice guy and was prompt with responses. They took the tranny apart and I was told the torque converter was bad and the megatronic valve sensor was bad and it would cost $7100 to rebuilt the tranny. A used tranny costs about 1200-1500 so I opted to just have it replaced with a used one. There was some delay in getting the replacement shipped so I told them I would just take the car back and return it when I got everything sorted out. They said this was fine and they would have it ready to pick up.

I gave them a complete car. What I got back was a car with no transmission in it, several large parts including the tranny, and a bag of small parts. 35% of my car is currently sitting on my storage room. I also got a major oil leak which was not present when the car was given to them. I also got a lot of additional service lights regarding my ABS and suspension system. And a $750 bill for them to tear the car apart and send me back the scraps. I’m also missing several screws to the parts they took out. Lesson learned. I would not recommend anyone take their vehicle to this place. The customer service was good but the service clearly is not.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

PLEASE DON'T COME HERE! MANCHESTER EXPY, COL, GA. I was to get my transmission rebuilt. I was told that it would be done and my car set aside until I had paid it off ($3600). It took me like 3 months to get it paid off, THEN they started rebuilding my transmission. I was told EVERY DAY for a month: "Your car will be ready tomorrow." by the shop manager, Mike (bald, fast-talking ** guy that rarely has any real information). When my car was not ready for the umpteenth time and he did not know when it would be, I was offered a rental car and told where it would be held, we agreed that I would call him at 12:30p to go get it Saturday after I finished with my child's activity, and given his cell number in case I needed to reach him.

I was not able to call until 12:38p Saturday and his cell was going straight to voicemail (and did so for the rest of the weekend). So, I called the car rental company and was told that I would have to put my credit card down for the deposit, but when I arrived I was told I'd have to pay for the rental and be reimbursed by the shop directly (his reputation is no good there anymore either). Monday morning I go to the shop to confront him (as had many others apparently) for wasting my time even more and he tries to say that he had tried to call me 2x at 12:34p (of course those calls were NEVER received on my phone's call log) and I did not answer, then he left his phone in another car all weekend.

He went on to say that the shop closes at 12:00p on Saturday so he was doing me a favor and could not wait around any longer (this he only now mentions). So, then I wait until the end of the week and still no news of my car and I call and it is not done still, but will be tomorrow (SMH). I wait til tomorrow and call again and it is not ready, but I am now being offered money for a rental in lieu of an actual rental (offered at $40/day). Of course, when I arrive I am showed my car in the air, mechanic nowhere to be found, Mike talking in my face but can't really explain what is going on, then he hands me less than $40/day for my trouble and lack of vehicle with no end in sight.

In true Mike fashion, he offered free oil changes (yeah right), more "rental fees" (at whatever rate he could afford I'm sure), and a free car detailing (which was downgraded to a wipe-down by a lazy mechanic by the end of it all) while I waited still for my car to get fixed. After repeating this cycle a few times he finally tells me that I was unable to get my car back because when they put it back together it would run for a while then shut off and they could not figure out why so they had to take it to another shop to have them figure it out. So, once they had the better shop diagnose the problem, them "fixed" it and returned my car... FINALLY! Once I started driving I noticed it still shook at about 40 mph but would shift out of 1st again so I ran with it. Mr. Transmission could use a TRANSMISSION CLASS if you ask me, but you can decide for yourself!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was recommended to Mr. Transmission by a Canadian Tire employee. This was the Mister Transmission on Kennedy Road, Brampton office. There I met with Mohammed and he asked to have the car for a day to find the problem. He was very friendly and explained the problem and the steps needed to correct them. The work was done at the time promised and everything was more than satisfactory. I found the experience not as painful as it might have been given the amount to be done. I would recommend Mohammed and his team to everyone and have already done so to family and friends. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I had repair work done at the Mr. Transmission on Hunsinger Lane in Louisville Ky. on my vehicle a week ago. And they stole some items from me. And want them to return my items or pay for them. They need to do better background checks on their employees. Working a bunch of thieves. Pissed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Transmission?

Original review: July 20, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! These people will try to cheat you in whichever way they can. Alan, told me $1400-1950 for repair and in 3 days to get it back, dropped off that day with the promise of a quick repair. Alan called and stated I need other parts not related to transmission repair. Must be making profits on selling CVC torque converters? Ended up paying $2850 just so I can get my car out. Alan screamed at me on the phone when I was coming to pick up my car when promised and told me his expert crew needed more time. Picked up my car and steering off 30 degree and wobbled like it had been in a car accident.

Had to spend money renting a car and getting other repairs done that the transmission repair created – spent another $966 on those repairs and asked for restitution from the shop and never heard another word. I had to call and write complaint to BBB and call my CC Company to cease all payments. Do not go here – read the other complaints this business has had the same complaints and this is not new problem for them. I am just another person taken and scammed by Mr. Transmission and Alan and team.

Original review: July 19, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! These people will try to cheat you in whichever way they can. They give you an estimate and once they have your car they then increase the price for repair. I was quoted $1,875-2,450 to fix my transmission then they came back and told me after looking at everything, it would actually be $3,450. They pull you in by saying “they will work with you on the price”. It is the furthest thing from the truth. While waiting to speak to them, another customer in the waiting area said he was told $4500 then they called him and said $6500, called him again and said it would be $9000!! The most ridiculous thing of all is they force you to pay the entire amount UPFRONT before they do the work!

They tell you the timeframe in which your car will be done, it ALWAYS exceeds that amount of time. I was told 3 days. My car was there a week before he told me what I needed. (Actually 3 days later he told me I needed to replace one part and 2 days later I now need 3 parts!) Again another customer waiting said he was told 3 days and it had been a week. Another guy said he was told a week and his truck had been there an entire month!! They upped his price as well and he had to use his rent money to pay for his truck. When he confronted management about his truck they actually called the police on him!

They will hold your car even after it’s ready (I have no idea why). I called to pick up my car (I decided to not get service done) and yet they still kept my entire downpayment for labor because they took my transmission apart and had to put it back in is what Alain the owner says. They did 0 repair and yet charged me over $1000 for labor! I called to see if my car was ready on Thursday. They said it wasn’t. I come up there Friday and was told by the mechanics that my car was ready on Thursday. The employees even said we don’t know why Alain and Josh lie to people!

They are a dishonest company and lack customer service. Alain the owner actually got in my face and was yelling at me because I said I did not want him to make a copy of my credit card. He even threatened to refund my credit card and force me to pay him in cash! They are a big scam and I’ve never been taken advantage of and bullied like I have with this company. PLEASE! If you value your car and your money DO NOT take your car to Mr. Transmission Marietta.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I took my RAV4 to Mr. Transmission in Fayetteville Ga. Trusted the company to replace my transmission. Picked up my car and paid the balance which was the first time Ray at the shop said anything to me about the computer in my car. Drove the car for about a week and a half and car started to jerk and slip like it did before it broke down on me. Told the Mechanic Ray about it. He said if it did it again to bring the car back and they would take a look at it. Took the car back to the shop because it started slipping again and had them look at it. Ray said everything was fine and the transmission was working on his end. I picked up my car on Tuesday 3/27/18. Had my boyfriend drive it and it broke down on him on Hwy 75. Transmission failed again.

Called up to Mr. Transmission in Fayetteville GA very upset and told them to come get the car and fix it. Why doesn't your company have any integrity? Almost 3K to get my car out of the shop and it's on the side of the road??? That's not ok...then he wasn't going to tow it??? Really? I trusted this company with my car and my safety, paid a lot of money trying to do the right thing, get ahead and stay without a car note. Getting my car out of the shop cost me all of my tax money and rent money. Moved out my house that I had been renting for almost 5 years behind paying for this car... The car should not be on the side of the road after almost $3,000.

I will be getting a lawyer if Mr. Transmission does not fix my car. I will report on all social media outlets my story and how disappointing the service was. I will report to Clark Howard, Whistleblowers and Better Business Bureau and whatever other outlets I need to let other customers especially ** Females know about this company. They are not legit. They are running a transmission scam. I do plan on suing for more than what the transmission cost. This company's integrity is disgusting, no ethics at all and they don't care about their customers. I will fight this!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Replaced my clutch and it vibrates. Took it back to fix it and they broke my headlight and damaged my bumper. Months later they fixed the body damage but still didn't fix the clutch. I contacted corporate and received no answer.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I decided to have Mr. Transmission do a rebuild. Price was going to be 2500.00 when the job was done. They tell me that I have a water leak. Never leaked before. Went to pick up, price was 3200.00 now and a lear. My car was vibrating very bad; they tell me the computer needs to reset. Took it to another mechanic. He tells me that they broke my thermostat housing. Mr. Transmission pays for the housing. While the job was getting done I had water pump and Timing belt done. 1600.00 to get that done. I still have the vibration and Mr. Transmission "oh you have a miss in your motor". I did everything, tune up motor mounts still I vibration. Long story short they dropped a torque converter bolt and did retrieve it and let me go on my way. I bought 6 bolts and they took out tranny and changed the T Converter. I find five screws on the hoist and one screw on the tray badly stripped.

Mr. Transmission Company Information