Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

70 Mr. Transmission Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Excuse my mouth for a sec but I'm about to show my ** on Mike May of the now CLOSED Mr. Transmission. See people like him is the reason I don't use **-owned businesses. This man has had vehicle of my mine for almost 2 yrs supposing to replace a transmission. This fast-talking, bald-headed, pretentious misrepresentation of a professional mechanic cashed all checks from the car company and my husband before the ink could even dry!! If it wasn't one thing it was another excuse. "Oh Mrs. ** next week, something broke, I had to get another part, oh umm Imma give you some money until I get it fixed." You prevaricator of trickery!! You can't even keep your word on anything. I spoke to you on Friday and you guaranteed me $500 by day's end and what did I? NOT A DAMN THING!!

I told you on the phone if I had to get involved I'm not as nice as my husband and my Pull-Up-Game is SUPER STRONG. And you was GHOST. And I called you and you said, "We got done early," so y'all left but you did send me no MONEY. No CashApp, PayPal, Walmart to Walmart or Western Union. But you shot me a blatant lie. Said that you not coming back up there because you don't live in Columbus??!! HELL. ME EITHER!! Then you told me, "Mrs. Jasmine Imma call you first thing Sat morning so we can get things situated." Y'all think I heard from this **-NINJA!!!

Now Mike my husband done gave me permission to drag your ** and you ain't even gonna see it coming. For anyone who has some similar issues with this man his new location is **. His number is **. And the worst part is my damn vehicle ain't even there and I'm still paying a note and insurance on it. Be professional at all times and if you can't do what you say you can own up to it. BE A MAN!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I had my BMW 650i brought in for a transmission diagnostic due to the car not being able to shift out of second gear. Joe who I primarily spoke with was a nice guy and was prompt with responses. They took the tranny apart and I was told the torque converter was bad and the megatronic valve sensor was bad and it would cost $7100 to rebuilt the tranny. A used tranny costs about 1200-1500 so I opted to just have it replaced with a used one. There was some delay in getting the replacement shipped so I told them I would just take the car back and return it when I got everything sorted out. They said this was fine and they would have it ready to pick up.

I gave them a complete car. What I got back was a car with no transmission in it, several large parts including the tranny, and a bag of small parts. 35% of my car is currently sitting on my storage room. I also got a major oil leak which was not present when the car was given to them. I also got a lot of additional service lights regarding my ABS and suspension system. And a $750 bill for them to tear the car apart and send me back the scraps. I’m also missing several screws to the parts they took out. Lesson learned. I would not recommend anyone take their vehicle to this place. The customer service was good but the service clearly is not.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

PLEASE DON'T COME HERE! MANCHESTER EXPY, COL, GA. I was to get my transmission rebuilt. I was told that it would be done and my car set aside until I had paid it off ($3600). It took me like 3 months to get it paid off, THEN they started rebuilding my transmission. I was told EVERY DAY for a month: "Your car will be ready tomorrow." by the shop manager, Mike (bald, fast-talking ** guy that rarely has any real information). When my car was not ready for the umpteenth time and he did not know when it would be, I was offered a rental car and told where it would be held, we agreed that I would call him at 12:30p to go get it Saturday after I finished with my child's activity, and given his cell number in case I needed to reach him.

I was not able to call until 12:38p Saturday and his cell was going straight to voicemail (and did so for the rest of the weekend). So, I called the car rental company and was told that I would have to put my credit card down for the deposit, but when I arrived I was told I'd have to pay for the rental and be reimbursed by the shop directly (his reputation is no good there anymore either). Monday morning I go to the shop to confront him (as had many others apparently) for wasting my time even more and he tries to say that he had tried to call me 2x at 12:34p (of course those calls were NEVER received on my phone's call log) and I did not answer, then he left his phone in another car all weekend.

He went on to say that the shop closes at 12:00p on Saturday so he was doing me a favor and could not wait around any longer (this he only now mentions). So, then I wait until the end of the week and still no news of my car and I call and it is not done still, but will be tomorrow (SMH). I wait til tomorrow and call again and it is not ready, but I am now being offered money for a rental in lieu of an actual rental (offered at $40/day). Of course, when I arrive I am showed my car in the air, mechanic nowhere to be found, Mike talking in my face but can't really explain what is going on, then he hands me less than $40/day for my trouble and lack of vehicle with no end in sight.

In true Mike fashion, he offered free oil changes (yeah right), more "rental fees" (at whatever rate he could afford I'm sure), and a free car detailing (which was downgraded to a wipe-down by a lazy mechanic by the end of it all) while I waited still for my car to get fixed. After repeating this cycle a few times he finally tells me that I was unable to get my car back because when they put it back together it would run for a while then shut off and they could not figure out why so they had to take it to another shop to have them figure it out. So, once they had the better shop diagnose the problem, them "fixed" it and returned my car... FINALLY! Once I started driving I noticed it still shook at about 40 mph but would shift out of 1st again so I ran with it. Mr. Transmission could use a TRANSMISSION CLASS if you ask me, but you can decide for yourself!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was recommended to Mr. Transmission by a Canadian Tire employee. This was the Mister Transmission on Kennedy Road, Brampton office. There I met with Mohammed and he asked to have the car for a day to find the problem. He was very friendly and explained the problem and the steps needed to correct them. The work was done at the time promised and everything was more than satisfactory. I found the experience not as painful as it might have been given the amount to be done. I would recommend Mohammed and his team to everyone and have already done so to family and friends. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I had repair work done at the Mr. Transmission on Hunsinger Lane in Louisville Ky. on my vehicle a week ago. And they stole some items from me. And want them to return my items or pay for them. They need to do better background checks on their employees. Working a bunch of thieves. Pissed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr Transmission?

Original review: July 20, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! These people will try to cheat you in whichever way they can. Alan, told me $1400-1950 for repair and in 3 days to get it back, dropped off that day with the promise of a quick repair. Alan called and stated I need other parts not related to transmission repair. Must be making profits on selling CVC torque converters? Ended up paying $2850 just so I can get my car out. Alan screamed at me on the phone when I was coming to pick up my car when promised and told me his expert crew needed more time. Picked up my car and steering off 30 degree and wobbled like it had been in a car accident.

Had to spend money renting a car and getting other repairs done that the transmission repair created – spent another $966 on those repairs and asked for restitution from the shop and never heard another word. I had to call and write complaint to BBB and call my CC Company to cease all payments. Do not go here – read the other complaints this business has had the same complaints and this is not new problem for them. I am just another person taken and scammed by Mr. Transmission and Alan and team.

Original review: July 19, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! These people will try to cheat you in whichever way they can. They give you an estimate and once they have your car they then increase the price for repair. I was quoted $1,875-2,450 to fix my transmission then they came back and told me after looking at everything, it would actually be $3,450. They pull you in by saying “they will work with you on the price”. It is the furthest thing from the truth. While waiting to speak to them, another customer in the waiting area said he was told $4500 then they called him and said $6500, called him again and said it would be $9000!! The most ridiculous thing of all is they force you to pay the entire amount UPFRONT before they do the work!

They tell you the timeframe in which your car will be done, it ALWAYS exceeds that amount of time. I was told 3 days. My car was there a week before he told me what I needed. (Actually 3 days later he told me I needed to replace one part and 2 days later I now need 3 parts!) Again another customer waiting said he was told 3 days and it had been a week. Another guy said he was told a week and his truck had been there an entire month!! They upped his price as well and he had to use his rent money to pay for his truck. When he confronted management about his truck they actually called the police on him!

They will hold your car even after it’s ready (I have no idea why). I called to pick up my car (I decided to not get service done) and yet they still kept my entire downpayment for labor because they took my transmission apart and had to put it back in is what Alain the owner says. They did 0 repair and yet charged me over $1000 for labor! I called to see if my car was ready on Thursday. They said it wasn’t. I come up there Friday and was told by the mechanics that my car was ready on Thursday. The employees even said we don’t know why Alain and Josh lie to people!

They are a dishonest company and lack customer service. Alain the owner actually got in my face and was yelling at me because I said I did not want him to make a copy of my credit card. He even threatened to refund my credit card and force me to pay him in cash! They are a big scam and I’ve never been taken advantage of and bullied like I have with this company. PLEASE! If you value your car and your money DO NOT take your car to Mr. Transmission Marietta.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I took my RAV4 to Mr. Transmission in Fayetteville Ga. Trusted the company to replace my transmission. Picked up my car and paid the balance which was the first time Ray at the shop said anything to me about the computer in my car. Drove the car for about a week and a half and car started to jerk and slip like it did before it broke down on me. Told the Mechanic Ray about it. He said if it did it again to bring the car back and they would take a look at it. Took the car back to the shop because it started slipping again and had them look at it. Ray said everything was fine and the transmission was working on his end. I picked up my car on Tuesday 3/27/18. Had my boyfriend drive it and it broke down on him on Hwy 75. Transmission failed again.

Called up to Mr. Transmission in Fayetteville GA very upset and told them to come get the car and fix it. Why doesn't your company have any integrity? Almost 3K to get my car out of the shop and it's on the side of the road??? That's not ok...then he wasn't going to tow it??? Really? I trusted this company with my car and my safety, paid a lot of money trying to do the right thing, get ahead and stay without a car note. Getting my car out of the shop cost me all of my tax money and rent money. Moved out my house that I had been renting for almost 5 years behind paying for this car... The car should not be on the side of the road after almost $3,000.

I will be getting a lawyer if Mr. Transmission does not fix my car. I will report on all social media outlets my story and how disappointing the service was. I will report to Clark Howard, Whistleblowers and Better Business Bureau and whatever other outlets I need to let other customers especially ** Females know about this company. They are not legit. They are running a transmission scam. I do plan on suing for more than what the transmission cost. This company's integrity is disgusting, no ethics at all and they don't care about their customers. I will fight this!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Replaced my clutch and it vibrates. Took it back to fix it and they broke my headlight and damaged my bumper. Months later they fixed the body damage but still didn't fix the clutch. I contacted corporate and received no answer.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I decided to have Mr. Transmission do a rebuild. Price was going to be 2500.00 when the job was done. They tell me that I have a water leak. Never leaked before. Went to pick up, price was 3200.00 now and a lear. My car was vibrating very bad; they tell me the computer needs to reset. Took it to another mechanic. He tells me that they broke my thermostat housing. Mr. Transmission pays for the housing. While the job was getting done I had water pump and Timing belt done. 1600.00 to get that done. I still have the vibration and Mr. Transmission "oh you have a miss in your motor". I did everything, tune up motor mounts still I vibration. Long story short they dropped a torque converter bolt and did retrieve it and let me go on my way. I bought 6 bolts and they took out tranny and changed the T Converter. I find five screws on the hoist and one screw on the tray badly stripped.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Had to argue to get them to finish job. Transmission still jerked when changing gears. Talked to manager, and he had it fixed. Trust them because they went back and made good their work. Mistakes occur, but a company needs to make right the wrong they did, and the manager did that. Took several phone calls to finally get through to someone who would help me. Eventually, I had to make a trip over there and let the manager see my car was still jerking in gear changes. I kept getting passed around. Even asked for the mechanic, who was Latino, nice enough, but could hardly understand him. No one returned my calls. Very frustrating.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I researched before and found them to have great value. They were very courteous to us and everything was professionally done. We are grateful to find such a valuable place to get car work done. Well I was a little apprehensive at first but the person at counter talked to me and made me think better about the situation. Everything I was promised to be done was and trusted them without hesitation with my vehicle. We get there and honestly, it was just a little busy. I really thought we'd be there for longer than two hours. In actuality, we were there for about forty-five minutes because the cars ahead of us were on their way out. From start to finish, the customer was great. Told me everything that was going on, let me know about the time left, and kept us informed on price and parts being used. They were friendly and couldn't have been better.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

It allowed me to continue driving my Jeep for many years to come and I did not have to purchase a new vehicle. This helped my budget and I was very satisfied. The work was done correctly and it allowed me to drive my Jeep for many years to come. When your car is not running you need to have something done well and quickly. It is nice to have a company handle the project and get it done fast. To boot I would recommend using this company to my friends and neighbors. Job well done! I was well pleased with service and the company handled my needs perfectly. Good job.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

They used the bottom of the line transmission fluid and I ended up having more trouble later on but it was the cheapest at the time when I couldn't afford anything so I couldn't complain because it was all I could afford... The staff was nice at the location I went to and they tried their best to accommodate me and my budget. I may not go back there with a better co. I had to wait a couple of hours to be seen and I had to leave my car overnight to get it repaired. I don't know if that's a common thing. I've never had my transmission fixed. It just seemed like it was a long time and since I didn't have anyway I had to take the bus/walk to and from the store. They pretty much explained everything except for the fact that they were using lower quality items.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

The value was decent, comparable to other shops alike. I was more pleased with the customer service, I will continue to go back. I would also recommend them to friends and family. I can honestly say that I feel like they are truthful, they don't always attempt to sell you what you don't need, which most repairs try to do, so I feel comfortable that what they say I need, I really need it for my car. Like any other repair shop, appointments are always better, but they always do their best to fit you in and to get your car back to you in a timely manner with great customer service during your experience. They exceed expectations most often. They are very friendly, timely and very prompt with service, easy to talk to, explains in terms you can understand and relate to. They are very nice.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Great value because the car ran great. It was so trustworthy that I went back for another visit. I went to Chicago after going to the shop and had a great experience with the drive there and the drive back. As soon as I got there I pulled straight in as they had 4 windows and made it very convenient for everyone when they got a little busy. Customer service was great and on time. They would walk to the cars if they got busy and see what we wanted to make the lines move faster when we finally got up to the window to be served.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

This has brought so much value to my car. The employees make sure that it runs smooth and checks everything they are supposed to and more. My trust with them has always been high. They answer any questions and go above and beyond. They take the time they need to really make sure everything is ok with my car. They have never let me down. They were easy to schedule with and if you had any questions you could ask them on the phone and they will answer them. The customer service is great. The employees have always been friendly and have always gone out of their way to make sure my car was safe.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

My vehicle run much smoother, no more squeaking or thumping. It was less costly than thought it would be. Mechanics were very friendly and skilled. Did not take as long as I had thought it would. Mechanics were very polite and seemed to be very skilled. They were very professional. All seemed to be busy but still had no problem working efficiently. Scheduling did not take long at all. Called one day in for appointment in two days. They explained what they were going to do and gave an appropriate cost. When finished they explained what they did do in terms I could understand. All employees and mechanics seemed professional. Coffee was offered. Waiting room was clean. Outdated magazines was the only problem. Had I stayed longer would have been bored but I had friend pick me up and returned later.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I needed to have a transmission replaced on my vehicle. After reading reviews online Mr. Transmission seem to be the best. They did not disappoint. Other car dealerships near me have a tendency to replace new parts with old parts, then tell you that they found something else wrong that you have to pay for it. Mr. Transmission did not do this. When I called Mr. Transmission they told me I could come in as soon as possible to have my car repaired. I didn't have to wait too long either which was nice. When I called to check up on my car customer service was very friendly and helpful. Far more friendlier than any other car dealership customer service around.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Had them "fix" my transmission on my car. First three weeks it was fine then it stayed doing the same thing. They tried charging me for another part that was just installed overall quoting me 3000. They are scandalous and most definitely not trustworthy. I would never recommend their services to anyone as all they want is money, not to help. Had my car for over two weeks just to have to take it back in for another week and a half due to low staffing and not being able to complete the job in a faster manner. I was ran around the bush continuously over and over lying to me and then getting rude with me that they still had my car which was affecting my life.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

It was a great service. The work could have been better. There are other places that take way much more time and are careful and these guys were nice but could've have done better. Again the mechanics were very nice and sweet. They had really good manners however they were very rude to some other customers behind their backs so probably not that trustworthy. They are a smaller business so you would expect them to have several clients however they were pretty much empty and work quick and location wise it was okay, not too far. They were gentlemen and very respectful nice and courteous to me.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

It was fast and dependable and would go there again and tell others about them. They do good work and it's good and lasts. It pays to go here and get it done right. Does not take as long as others and good price and trustworthy. People are good workers. Know a lot about cars, trucks and whatever and no hassles and car is ready when they say. No bull and no lies.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I hate when my car cost money to fix. The service was good but the value was not where I was comfortable but my car needed the maintenance. They seemed knowledgeable but they kept telling I needed other maintenance and I hate when that happens. Also it seems like they weren't professional enough for me to come back. I was happy that I got in and that it didn't take long to fix. However it could have been quicker if they hadn't keep coming to me asking me to replace therefore adding cost to my bill. Also I felt like too much goofing off such as personal calls.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

The workers were very knowledgeable in the field of mechanics. They were very forthcoming and honest with the evaluations. Due to the fact that they were able to explain everything in an easy to understand manner, I trusted that they had the expertise in working on my vehicle. They were also willing to immediately relay all information regarding the car to me in a timely manner. All members were extremely friendly and courteous. They were readily available to answer all of my questions and they did so in a respectful, honest manner.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

We took our slightly older vehicle to Mr. Transmission because we were having problems while driving. They checked it out and found the problem in no time at all. We had our car back to us the same day. When we got our vehicle back it was running very well and we did not have that problem again in the rest of the time that we had that vehicle. I would trust them with any other car that I own. The people who work there were very knowledgeable and could answer any of our questions at all times, and were available to answer our questions whenever we needed their assistance. The customer service at Mr. Transmission is excellent. They answered all of our questions that we had, fixed our car in a timely manner after explaining the problem to us. Even our bill was totally understandable and very reasonable.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Mr. Transmission is a great place to get your brakes done at. The value of their work is great, I would tell anyone needing brake work done to go there. Their work is trustworthy. I have never had any problems with them. They are available any time you need your brakes fixed. You never have to wait very long to get the work done that you need done. They are always at your need. I am very satisfied with their customer service people. Their customer service people are always helping you with your payment plans or anything that you need customer service with.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

Fixed my car issues in a timely manner and the price was reasonable and the employees were helpful and friendly. Repairs were much cheaper than taking my car to a dealer. I completely trust my repairs. The mechanics were very knowledgeable, friendly and they explained the problem well. They also explained what steps were necessary to fix my car. Customer service was friendly and efficient. They scheduled my appointment for the same week. They were quick to repair and had my car ready in a timely manner, very pleased with their willingness to help me under the issues. Friendly and efficient staff showed great customer service. I was treated with respect when I called and in person. They took the time to explain my car problems in great detail.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

Did not have to wait long, definitely affordable and reliable service. Have packages available to help save money for multiple services. Seemed friendly and trustworthy, have not found a reason to think otherwise. Was referred by a friend who found them to be reliable as well. Did not have a problem in this area. Made appointment a week prior and there were several appointments to choose from on that day/week. They were friendly, did not rush when explaining the services being done and gave helpful information regarding my warranty. Good experience overall, no complaints.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

My car is working great. I have not faced any problems up to this point. Work on my vehicle was completed as promised and to my satisfaction. Explained every step and made me trust their knowledge and work. Very nice and patient with me. They took me in as soon as possible. Did not make me wait much longer than what was required for work. Will definitely return again. Customer service is excellent very nice, respectful and made it easy to ask any questions or concerns I had at the time.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I noticed my Honda has run beyond excellent since going to Mr. Transmission. The prices fit my budget, it was just wonderful. I would recommend to family and friends. The way the company took care of my car, it was like they were caring for their own car. I would trust them 100 percent every time. I've never had any sort of problem waiting, usually in and out of there fairly quick, without hassle. I'd recommend going there if you like quick service. They have the most friendly workers. They always go the extra mile to help customers. I'd recommend them as very excellent with customer service.

Mr. Transmission Company Information