4.9(320)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Mercury Auto Transport

Mercury Auto Transport is an auto shipping brokerage. It coordinates auto shipping between you and a carrier. Through an online, nationwide portal, Mercury Auto Transport sends a quote request to multiple carriers. Then it helps you negotiate pricing and ensures the carrier you choose is licensed and insured. Mercury Auto Transport charges a broker’s fee and carrier fees.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Large carrier network
  • Oversees price negotiations and contracting
  • Licensed, bonded and insured
  • No cancellation fee
Cons
  • Separate broker fee
  • Potential weather/traffic delays

Featured Reviews

Verified
Miami, FL

Mercury Auto Transport delivered my 5 Series efficiently and hassle-free. Agent Pete kept me informed every step of the way, from quote to delivery. Communication was top-notch, a...

Verified
Exeter, NH

Joe ** provided exceptional customer service in finding the best conditions and time for delivering my vehicle. He updated me daily, and hourly during the delivery day. More than ...

Insights from 597 recent reviews of Mercury Auto Transport

We used sentence-by-sentence statistical analysis to decode nearly 600 Mercury Auto Transport reviews published on ConsumerAffairs in the past year. Read below about customers who were happy, satisfied or upset about the four topics mentioned most often in reviews of Mercury Auto Transport.

Mercury Auto Transport staff reviews

The 257 recent Mercury Auto Transport reviewers who discussed staff focused on the truckers or drivers that executed their vehicle’s shipment and delivery. 100% of those customers were satisfied, tying Mercury for first among car shipping companies on our site.

Reviewers noted the superior professionalism and care of the staff that delivered their vehicles. Some described how drivers took extra precautions to prevent damage while loading and unloading.

Mercury Auto Transport customer service reviews

100% of 134 recent Mercury Auto Transport reviewers who mentioned customer service were pleased, like Mitch from Newport News, Virginia. “(They) answered all my emails in a timely manner and kept in constant communication about the status of my transportation reservation with the company,” Mitch said. “They also reached out to me multiple times after pickup and drop-off to make sure my needs were met.”

Mercury’s reviews on customer service tie the company for first among auto transporters on our site. Reviewers praised Mercury’s agents for their exceptional responsiveness, even on weekends and holidays. Some first-time customers also appreciated how company reps helped them understand what to expect from the process.

Mercury Auto Transport punctuality & speed reviews

Of 117 recent Mercury Auto Transport reviewers who talked about punctuality and speed, 100% were satisfied or happy with the timeliness of their car shipping experience. That ties Mercury in first for punctuality and speed among auto transporters on our site.

Reviewers consistently reported that their Mercury agent was able to secure a carrier quickly. Many said their vehicle arrived on time or slightly ahead of schedule.

“Due to a schedule, I was a little concerned about the delivery timeline needed, but my agent was confident that they could deliver, and they did,” said Matthew, who shipped a car from New Jersey to California. “My son's vehicle arrived on the date promised without issue.”

Mercury Auto Transport price reviews

89 recent reviewers of Mercury Auto Transport mentioned price, and they generally felt that Mercury’s costs were reasonable for the service provided and comparable to other auto transporters they considered.

Many reviewers emphasized the transparency around costs: company reps clearly explained the factors that went into the quote Mercury provided, and quotes were often very close to the actual cost.

Ultimately, 100% of recent reviewers who mentioned price were happy or satisfied, tying Mercury for first among auto transporters on our site.

Stars Rating

• 95%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercury Auto Transport?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercury Auto Transport?
    Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

I’ve worked for the government dealing with customer service issues for 36 years. I can please people even when they want to rest my head off, because of where I worked. When I decided to have a company transport my truck and started to request a quote, I knew in my gut I was going to be assaulted by every transportation company across the U. S. and I was. Everyone promising low $ to transport. This is where Mercury came in and thank God they did.

My suggestion to anyone wanting to transport a vehicle, start with Mercury and if you can work with Logan **. By far the best customer service oriented person I’ve worked with. He’ll educate you on the process, tell you exactly step by step what to do and expect, he listens to what your needs are and gets it accomplished for a good competitive price. He’ll not force the sell and will leave the choices and final decision up to you. But be for warned, when Logan promises the pickup and transport of your vehicle will happen, it happens exactly as he says. I had special needs which he made happen, my truck was transported and arrived exactly when promised. Anybody looking to transport a vehicle, don’t waste your time go with Mercury. This will be the only company that I’ll use or recommend!!! Thank you Mercury.

Pinned

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the agent to let them know to keep up the amazing work.

Get buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2023

I was traveling from Ft. Pierce Florida to Orlando. My car broke down 40 miles from my destination. I had to be towed to the nearest repair shop. This was Friday evening. My son runs an auto repair shop in Vero Beach and I still had business to conduct in Orlando. When I began to research what it would take to transport my car, I was initially overwhelmed. Virtually all towing services utilize a broker, and as I began to research those brokers I was shocked at the horrible reviews so many of them had received. I did my research and Mercury was well reviewed by everyone. Lawrence ** was polite and informative. He did what he could to find a reliable and trustworthy transporter. There is no way to escape the fact that this is an expensive process, but his service was the most affordable by far.

Unless you want to spend a lot of time researching BBB and similar sources, take my word for it.

Many brokers had more than 30 SERIOUS COMPLAINTS registered in less than 90 days, and stories of transporters being seriously late, or demanding more money than quoted were common within this industry. Additionally, many of the brokers that I contacted but did not use are continuing to harass me three weeks later, and some have even become insulting and rude. Lawrence made a very difficult emergency situation workable in a reasonable amount of time for the lowest price.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback and business.

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

When I went on line to find à car transportation option, I was flooded with texts, emails and phone calls. Daunting. I’d never shipped a car before. I was overwhelmed. The reason I picked Mercury is that David Hilty took the time send an exhaustive description of how the car transport industry works. It gave me confidence at the outset. Because of this thoughtful approach, I was reassured I was dealing with a thorough guy who understood that it’s stressful to send your car in this way.

My experience after I contacted David to arrange to have my car shipped was absolutely first rate in every way. Professional, thoughtful, thorough. He stayed in touch with every change in the process, reassured me with all the details. His office then followed up on the day of delivery to make sure everything with the transport company was going well. I also need to mention June who communicated with me several times during the shipping process to make sure everything was going well. She was very pleasant and showed genuine concern in making sure I had a good experience. As I said, I was very leery of this industry. It turns out that my experience with both David and June was the best customer service of any kind I can remember. Thank you for taking good care of my new sports car!!

Pinned

Thank You, this review made our day!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2023

I started looking into shipping my son’s car Audi Q3 from PA - Oregon in May. I filled out a few online pricing estimates, my BIGGEST MISTAKE! Immediately my phone started ringing, texts, emails the volume was just unbearable & annoying ASF! The cost was all over the map from $775 - $2800. I wasn’t shipping until the first week of August, but I didn’t know where to start.

After a few weeks I started looking into the companies & their reviews. Wow where to start, the industry is filled with shady people, broken promises & “extra fees”. Jim ** was one of the people who consistently sent emails saying just lmk when you are ready, or call me if you have my questions Jim also emailed with FAQs & things to look out for ...it was very helpful. The prices are all just estimates, Jim’s pricing was competitive.

After speaking with a few other companies I chose to go with Jim ** at Mercury. He clearly explained everything & answered all my questions which helped to reduce my stress levels. After my commitment to Jim it was about 10 days until a driver, Geury ** agreed to the pricing & we signed the contract. The communication was very good but the stress levels were still high. Glad to report my son's car was delivered a few days early & dropped off at the airport like we agreed. Jim/Geury even offered to REDUCE the final cost by $50 to cover the extra parking charges because he was early. (That’s something I didn’t read in a single review.) Overall, Jim & Geury took a very very stressful process and made it as comfortable as possible. I would recommend them both & will definitely use them again if needed.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review

PriceStaff

Reviewed July 24, 2023

We had a great experience with Mercury Auto Transport. We needed to move a vehicle cross country and received bids from a dozen different transport companies. We chose Mercury Auto Transport because they were upfront with their pricing. The agent who reached out to us, Dean **, sent several emails with information about the auto transport industry and what to expect. I was impressed with his transparency, so I reached out to Dean and decided to use his company. He explained the whole process from start to finish and gave me a fair price. He explained how much of the fee he received as the agent, and how much would go to the truck driver. He gave me his best estimate of how much time it would take to deliver our vehicle and his estimates were very close to what happened.

The final price was slightly higher than his original quote, but only by $50. We were fine with the increase because it meant our vehicle would arrive sooner. Once a driver was assigned to our vehicle, Dean continued to stay in contact with us the whole time and if needed, told us what to do if a problem occurred. Thankfully, our vehicle arrived two days faster than estimated with no issues. If you are looking for a company to move your vehicle, I gladly recommend Mercury Auto Transport.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share this 5 star rating! We will make sure to share this with your agent to let them know to keep up the amazing work and look forward to working with you to ship your next vehicle!

Punctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

Working with Mercury Auto Transport to ship one of my vehicles was an easy and efficient process. I worked with the senior logistics agent Jesus ** to find an affordable, timely, and accommodating shipping partner for an older modified car, and throughout the process Jesus kept me updated on pricing and availability for drivers who would be able to work with a lowered vehicle. The responses were very timely and provided all the information needed. The delivery driver also took great care and precaution in ensuring the undercarriage of the vehicle was not scraped or impacted during loading and unloading and provided updated ETAs throughout the drive. Overall I am very satisfied with my experience with Mercury Auto Transport and will come back again for any future vehicle shipping needs.

Pinned

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We do our best to get you the lowest price possible with a reputable carrier. We are glad to hear that everything worked out well. Thank you for your busines.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

I chose Mercury Auto Transport to ship my son's vehicle from NJ to California. My agent was excellent. Due to a schedule, I was a little concerned about the delivery timeline needed, but my agent was confident that they could deliver, and they did. My son's vehicle arrived on the date promised without issue. Thanks again.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Logan ** for his professional and businesslike demeanor. I very much appreciated his transparency free of gimmicks and games! From the early on stages, Logan explained in detail how the process works from start to finish. Logan continuously reminded me that he works for the consumer (me) and works hard to find the best carrier for my needs and that when I was content with the carrier/price/day/date/time/place of pickup and drop-off then he did exactly what he said he'd do! Should the need arise in the future to ship another vehicle, I'll be sure to contact Logan.

Pinned

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive feedback. We at Mercury work really hard to make sure your transport goes smoothly. Thank you for your business.

Profile pic of the author.
      Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

I originally hired a different company and had to get a refund. They did everything wrong from the beginning. In the meantime, I received an email from David explaining to me how the trucking industry work. Once I knew what to expect, it made it a lot easier. He was very willing to work with my schedule, which was unique, and did an outstanding job. He was in contact with me throughout the whole ordeal. The hard part I had was paying for it through Zelle and Venmo, some of the truck drivers will not accept cash apps and it's hard to handover $2300 to a truck driver when my Apple is not working, Martin Luther King banks were closed, etc. but we managed to figure it out. David and Mercury transport made this possible and a lot easier for me. I would recommend them to anybody if I ever do this again.

Pinned

Thanks for the awesome review! At Mercury, we love hearing when our agents do a great job. We look forward to helping you ship more cars in the future.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

We worked with Ryan L. ** and he was great, very responsive and kept in touch with us each step of the way. I will recommend them, and Ryan, to anyone needing this service. We were very satisfied and will use Mercury again if the need arises. Another employee at Mercury also followed up to make sure we were satisfied.

Pinned

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive feedback. ( We at Mercury work really hard to make sure your transport goes smoothly. Thank you for your business.

Mercury Auto Transport FAQ

What is Mercury Auto Transport?

Mercury Auto Transport is an auto shipping broker, which means it partners with carriers nationwide to transport vehicles. It has a network of highly-rated carriers with up-to-date licensing and insurance to ensure your vehicle is protected during transport. Mercury Auto Transport posts your auto shipping needs in a database that carriers select from and bid on. Mercury Auto Transport charges a fee for its carrier-finding services, but it does not get paid until the contract is signed and approved.

How does Mercury Auto Transport work?

Mercury Auto Transport starts with a quote based on the current market. It is an auto transport broker, so it works with auto shipping carriers to complete the transport. It lists your transport needs on a central dispatch board so carriers can bid on transports that could be included in already scheduled trips. Mercury Auto Transport also helps you negotiate your price with the carrier.

When gathering your auto shipping needs, Mercury Auto Transport asks for your pickup location, destination and desired time frame. Once these details are listed, carriers respond to your post, and Mercury Auto Transport lets you know if the carrier accepted your price or sent a counteroffer.

When a price is agreed on, Mercury Auto Transport ensures that the carrier is highly rated with up-to-date insurance and violation-free licenses. Mercury Auto Transport doesn’t get paid until you approve the carrier and the contract is signed. Both Mercury Auto Transport and the carrier receive a deposit. At your destination, upon receipt of your vehicle, you directly pay your remaining balance to the carrier.

How much does Mercury Auto Transport cost?

Mercury Auto Transport costs vary greatly based on several factors, including pickup and destination locations, market demand and season. Mercury Auto Transport strategizes with you to negotiate rates and create the best auto transport plan. Quotes can be requested instantly online. Deposits aren’t collected until Mercury Auto Transport assigns your vehicle to a reputable carrier.

If you need to change your reservation with Mercury, there is no cancellation fee.

What are Mercury Auto Transport shipping options?

Mercury Auto Transport is an auto transport broker. It does not ship vehicles but works to partner you with an appropriate carrier. It has access to a national dispatch board and helps negotiate the best auto shipping rates.

Mercury also ensures the auto transport carrier you select has fully up-to-date insurance and licensing. During shipment, your vehicle is covered by the carrier’s insurance policy. These policies can range from $100,000 to $1 million in damage coverage.

Shipping time depends on the distance. Up to 500 miles can take one to two days, while 2,500 or more miles can take 10 to 14 days.

Open and enclosed transport options are available.

Where is Mercury Auto Transport available?

Mercury Auto Transport works with carriers nationwide.

Is Mercury Auto Transport a broker or carrier?

Mercury Auto Transport is a broker. It partners with carriers nationwide to transport your vehicle.

Is Mercury Auto Transport legit?

Mercury Auto Transport is a legitimate auto transport broker. As a broker, it works to negotiate pricing and find the highest-rated auto shipping carriers. Its comprehensive database connects you with carriers nationwide. Additionally, it’s fully licensed, bonded and insured, and it vets carriers to ensure licensure and insurance information. Mercury Auto Transport is worth looking into if you want a middleman to help negotiate auto shipping pricing and manage transport.

Mercury Auto Transport Company Information