3.40/5
  • 1 star
Based on 5 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for an auto transporter?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Direct Express Auto Transport

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 24, 2017

5 Direct Express Auto Transport Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 24, 2017

Jessie provided outstanding customer service throughout the whole process. Within hours of placing my request, my vehicle was being picked up and being placed on an enclosed carrier. Most companies wanted more money for an an enclosed carrier. Not Direct Express Auto Transport. The drivers communicated with me throughout the whole process. Scheduled a drop off time and arrived at my door in a timely fashion. Thank you Direct Express Auto Transport for making this process a stress free one. 5 star!!! Highly recommend.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I needed to ship my truck from California to Alabama and Direct Express Auto Transport had the best price. And, for an additional $150, it would be picked up in 1-2 days with 95% certainty. Completely false and misleading. After 5 days of calling and getting excuses, I canceled the order. Who knows if I'll get my deposit back. We'll see.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I needed to ship my car down to Florida for college and Direct Express Auto Transport made it easy and nearly painless. I received my car in a reasonable amount of time and with no problems. Would definitely use again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

From the first step of getting multiple quotes to the actual delivery of my car, the experience was quite easy. I have never transported a car, the customer service rep was informative and answered my questions - actually added additional info that I didn't ask for. The Driver arrived a day earlier than was noted in the confirmation email - which was great. Also, the selected Driver was friendly and professional - and suggested a few things that made the car transportation easier. Yes, I would recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I paid for 7 days or less to have my vehicle picked up and delivered door to door. I was flexible so I made my car available 2 weeks prior to actually needing it shipped. After a week of the car being available for pickup and not hearing from the company, I called and was told to be patient, even though I paid for the car to be shipped by then. I called each day for the next week, to the annoyance of company, as if it was my fault that my car wasn't shipped yet.

After the 2 week mark, they told me I lived in a small town and recommended I offer more money AND drive my car acetal hours away to make it a more appealing pickup for drivers. So much for a guaranteed low price and door to door delivery. I ended up cancelling the shipment and booking it with another company which got it picked up the next day. Terrible false advertising and terrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express Auto Transport?

Direct Express Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Headquartered in California, Direct Express Auto Transport is a revolutionary newcomer in the vehicle transport industry. They opened in 2003 with the first instant online quote that asks for no personal information.

• Open or enclosed transport: Customers are able to choose the transport option that best fits the vehicle being shipped. Classic cars can move in comfort, behind closed doors.
    • Accurate shipping estimates: Accurate shipping estimates help reduce cancellations, meaning a scheduled pickup is a real pickup.
    • Terminals: Direct Express offers no terminal deliveries which can make shipping prices higher.
    • Best for: Out of state movers, car collectors and small businesses.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Direct Express Auto Transport Company Information