3.00/5

Ship Your Car

Ship Your Car

Direct Express Auto Transport Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

So this is interesting. Sorry for the length - I'm moving, so this is me attempting to ship my M3: 8/20 - Set up an order to have my car shipped out of Florida w/ first available date of 9/3. Radio silence until - 8/30 - Hurricane Dorian becomes a threat to Florida, so I ask that the shipment be moved up to today (8/30). That same morning, I'm assigned a truck. Great! I'm told I'll be contacted shortly to organize pickup. First odd email after asking if shipments come on weekends: "Yes, they do. Especially if they are from out of state. Nothing else better to do." Ok..

8/31 - Still no word from anyone. Call the carrier through the number they left me, get a lady with a screaming baby in the background who has no clue what's happening. Says she'll call me back shortly. Get no call back. 9/1 - Am informed via text message that the truck actually broke down two days prior and that they won't have it fixed until the following Wednesday. Ok, weird, not sure why someone didn't just tell me this and remove my listing from that truck but fine, I'll let them know to do it myself. 9/2 - Dorian no longer a threat to Florida, especially west coast where we won't even see clouds or a breeze.

9/3 - Silence again. I send an email reiterating the importance that the car be out of the state: "Please let me know if you’re unable to locate a carrier, as I will attempt to go with another company. It is an absolute must that this car be on a truck and headed to its destination prior to Friday, no exceptions." 9/4 - Silence again. I send a follow up email: "Good morning. My last email went unanswered. I want to make sure that the urgency is understood and that you're doing everything in your power to have my vehicle picked up by Friday. Thanks" Check out this email I get back from the President of the company (Mike):

"Hurricane Dorian has effectively sidelined transport carriers until the threat to Florida has subsided. As you can read and see in the news, Dorian is hovering off the Florida coast at this moment. Tampa Bay will likely escape its wrath, but nobody with a brain is taking any chances and the wiser move is to wait and see. We have your vehicle listed as available just in case some idiot wants to risk his life and tons of money in possible damages. The likelihood your car leaves Florida before Friday is slim to none." This guy is funny. Here's the thing though - when shipping an expensive car, you want it handled by a professional w/ customer service experience, not whatever this is. Poor communication, snarky emails, not worth it. Go with another service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This is the greatest company, any future business that I have will be given to them. I booked them and within one hour they contacted me for scheduling. They were on time for the delivery and I couldn't be happier.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This has got to be the worst of the worst. I have been on the phone for the entire day,, not to mention for the last 2 days I was continuously hung up on,, and when I did get to speak with someone he was very rude and made it seem like I was taking his time away from something very important, and not only that I was told that I had to wait 5 days to dispute the charges because the company 5 days to do something. I was told to contact the company myself and fix it. Well I had already done that and the lady at the said company said that they had over 100 calls since last Friday stating that their company was taking funds from Direct Express and I tried to inform the moron from Direct Express but he continued to talk over me and hung up. Why is the government using these people? It's a joke. Did the government get a discount contract from them? They need to be shut down.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Jessie provided outstanding customer service throughout the whole process. Within hours of placing my request, my vehicle was being picked up and being placed on an enclosed carrier. Most companies wanted more money for an an enclosed carrier. Not Direct Express Auto Transport. The drivers communicated with me throughout the whole process. Scheduled a drop off time and arrived at my door in a timely fashion. Thank you Direct Express Auto Transport for making this process a stress free one. 5 star!!! Highly recommend.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I needed to ship my truck from California to Alabama and Direct Express Auto Transport had the best price. And, for an additional $150, it would be picked up in 1-2 days with 95% certainty. Completely false and misleading. After 5 days of calling and getting excuses, I canceled the order. Who knows if I'll get my deposit back. We'll see.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express Auto Transport?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

I needed to ship my car down to Florida for college and Direct Express Auto Transport made it easy and nearly painless. I received my car in a reasonable amount of time and with no problems. Would definitely use again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

From the first step of getting multiple quotes to the actual delivery of my car, the experience was quite easy. I have never transported a car, the customer service rep was informative and answered my questions - actually added additional info that I didn't ask for. The Driver arrived a day earlier than was noted in the confirmation email - which was great. Also, the selected Driver was friendly and professional - and suggested a few things that made the car transportation easier. Yes, I would recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

I paid for 7 days or less to have my vehicle picked up and delivered door to door. I was flexible so I made my car available 2 weeks prior to actually needing it shipped. After a week of the car being available for pickup and not hearing from the company, I called and was told to be patient, even though I paid for the car to be shipped by then. I called each day for the next week, to the annoyance of company, as if it was my fault that my car wasn't shipped yet.

After the 2 week mark, they told me I lived in a small town and recommended I offer more money AND drive my car acetal hours away to make it a more appealing pickup for drivers. So much for a guaranteed low price and door to door delivery. I ended up cancelling the shipment and booking it with another company which got it picked up the next day. Terrible false advertising and terrible customer service.

Direct Express Auto Transport expert review by Lauren Fix

Headquartered in California, Direct Express Auto Transport is a revolutionary newcomer in the vehicle transport industry. They opened in 2003 with the first instant online quote that asks for no personal information.

• Open or enclosed transport: Customers are able to choose the transport option that best fits the vehicle being shipped. Classic cars can move in comfort, behind closed doors.

• Accurate shipping estimates: Accurate shipping estimates help reduce cancellations, meaning a scheduled pickup is a real pickup.

• Terminals: Direct Express offers no terminal deliveries which can make shipping prices higher.

• Best for: Out of state movers, car collectors and small businesses.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
      Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Direct Express Auto Transport Company Information