Direct Express Auto Transport

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I needed to ship my car down to Florida for college and Direct Express Auto Transport made it easy and nearly painless. I received my car in a reasonable amount of time and with no problems. Would definitely use again.

From the first step of getting multiple quotes to the actual delivery of my car, the experience was quite easy. I have never transported a car, the customer service rep was informative and answered my questions - actually added additional info that I didn't ask for. The Driver arrived a day earlier than was noted in the confirmation email - which was great. Also, the selected Driver was friendly and professional - and suggested a few things that made the car transportation easier. Yes, I would recommend this company.

I paid for 7 days or less to have my vehicle picked up and delivered door to door. I was flexible so I made my car available 2 weeks prior to actually needing it shipped. After a week of the car being available for pickup and not hearing from the company, I called and was told to be patient, even though I paid for the car to be shipped by then. I called each day for the next week, to the annoyance of company, as if it was my fault that my car wasn't shipped yet.

After the 2 week mark, they told me I lived in a small town and recommended I offer more money AND drive my car acetal hours away to make it a more appealing pickup for drivers. So much for a guaranteed low price and door to door delivery. I ended up cancelling the shipment and booking it with another company which got it picked up the next day. Terrible false advertising and terrible customer service.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Headquartered in California, Direct Express Auto Transport is a revolutionary newcomer in the vehicle transport industry. They opened in 2003 with the first instant online quote that asks for no personal information.

• Open or enclosed transport: Customers are able to choose the transport option that best fits the vehicle being shipped. Classic cars can move in comfort, behind closed doors.
  • Accurate shipping estimates: Accurate shipping estimates help reduce cancellations, meaning a scheduled pickup is a real pickup.
  • Terminals: Direct Express offers no terminal deliveries which can make shipping prices higher.
  • Best for Out of state movers, car collectors and small businesses.

Compare Auto Transporters