1.28/5

92 Circle K Gas Stations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 5, 2019

I go to this Circle K all of the time. I’ve encountered the woman that was working this night on multiple occasions. She has never been friendly but I’ve constantly been kind in return. I brought my service dog inside with me tonight (which I have done once before and it was fine). I walked in, looked at her to make sure she saw me with my dog. As I was checking out, she started asking me Passive aggressive questions about my dog being in the store, to the point of yelling at me. I told her I am so sorry, I did not realize she had a problem with my service dog. She continued yelling at me about my dog after I told her multiple times that I have been a loyal and friendly customer at that store for years And did not realize my dog was a problem.

Again, I am a patron of this particular Circle K because it is down the street from my house. It is hard for me to drive places because I have seizures. I have only brought my dog in with me on one other occasion. I continued to apologize and ask this woman why she was getting so upset with me. This was embarrassing and demeaning.

Original review: May 2, 2019

As a business owner and legal vendor to sell tobacco products, I was refused the right to process a transaction on my company card, as to "your name on your ID does not match the name on the card"- Quoting GM Brittany at the Lorain, Ohio Broadway Avenue location. Please keep in mind, that my company card has the name of my company, "CNP CAR SERVICE LLC" emblazoned on the front of the card. Prior to this incident I had never had any issue using my company card at this location. I offered to show proof that the company card was mine, and was refused the opportunity to do so. GM Brittany was very rude and disrespectful, and also violated Tobacco and Liquor Licensing Laws and Regulations on all levels. I advise all retailers and vendors to stay away from that location.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

This early morning I put $11 of gas in my car. I paid with the cashier and used my debit card. About 2 hours later I noticed in my bank statement that Circle K charged me $76 Instead of $11. As soon as I noticed this I ran to my bank and let them know the situation. The guy at the bank wasn't surprised at all and they told me that Circle K tends to that to check if the person has enough funds to pay for their purchase. Now, what if all I had in my card was those $11 and they overdraft my account WITHOUT MY consent?? Haha. Are they liable to pay for the overdraft fees as well???? Has anyone else had this problem before? According to my bank they see it a lot from Circle K.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Bought $5.01 worth of gas. Got charged $5.01 which post immediately and then was charged $101 which is still pending 5 days later. I have sent messages through every means I can find and have yet to hear back from anyone. So apparently my reward for patronizing Circle K is to be robbed of over $100 and have my week screwed over because my money is gone. You are better off at QT where I've never had any problems and will take all of my future business.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I asked why is there tax on a cold food item. Search states that they charge tax on food. I find it funny because I used EBT card when it's same food item. I like the fact that QuikTrip is kicking Circle K's but here in Tucson and Circle K turns around and copies QuikTrips ideas anyway to run their business. People that work at Circle K act like they just got off the felon bus. Tattoos on their neck, on our hands. Some of them look like they haven't even showered in days. They're rude. They ignore you when you go in the store. When I buy alcohol they don't even give me a bag. Bums constantly running up to me asking for money. They don't believe the security until it comes to their cash registers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Circle K?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I stopped at the Circle K on Guadalupe and McClintock in Tempe, AZ on Jan 26, 2019. I drove to that specific store because they were having a sale on Red Bull. Red Bull is extremely expensive, so I am always on the lookout for a sale. Directly under the 4 packs of the 8.4 ounce Red Bulls was a sign (that I took a picture of) that stated: Buy 1 4 Pack for $7.99 or 2 4 Packs for $12.99. I took my 2 four packs to the counter. My total was &16.37.

I asked if I needed my Fry's card for the deal, Tony ** rolled his eyes at me and stated that was only for gas. I asked if I needed my Circle K rewards card, he again rolled his eyes and said no, that’s just for points. I explained that the total should be $13 something, not $16.37. He said “where does it say that?” I told him right under the 4 packs. He then told me that he doesn’t put the signs up, grabbed the cash out of my hand and gave me back change. His customer service skills were horrendous and I shouldn’t have to pay more money because this kid doesn’t know how to do his job. I sent a complaint to Circle K corporate and haven’t heard a word. I am not going to shop at a store that charges me extra and I’m treated like pond scum. I know that I’m just one person, but I am 1 person who regularly spends at least $40 a day at Circle K. I guess they won’t miss me.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

1705 17 Ave SW. This Circle store is doing so good in customer service. All the staff are so nice. They all are so polite. Giving 5 out of 5. All the staff is very helpful. They are providing hotdogs which are very fresh. They all are very conscious about hygiene.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

This is at the Circle K at 30340 West Little York in Houston on Sunday. When I walked in I thought I was in a club that was loud explicit lyric music blasting throughout the store. The store was full of people of all ages and I myself is over 50 and do not feel it was appropriate for that type of music to be playing or blasting throughout the store with no regard for the customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Kyle is a good worker and outstanding customer service! Keep store nice and clean, always friendly to customers. I always have a good experience at this location is convenient. Good transportation bus or red line.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

On Oct 27 I went to purchase gas at the Fontana location on Sierra and Foothill in Calif. After dealing b.c with the loud and rude cashier and being told there was no money on my card and my statement clearly showing a charge for $10. The cashier yelled, "Check with your bank" and I did and they said, "It looks like they tried to double charge you so if the transaction doesnt complete your money will go back to your card." I was charged a total of $11 one transaction for $+0 and one for $1. Now after waiting 5 days the $1 went back to my account but the $10 was charged as a purchase. Now that day I was working as a delivery driver but could only work so much because I only had so much gas now...so out of $10 lost pay and over a month later I am still trying to get my money back. They just keep giving me the runaround... CONSUMERS BEWARE IN DEALING WITH THIS LOCATION AND COMPANY. THEY ARE THIEVES IN THE NIGHT.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Unfortunately had to give it a star. They don't even deserve one star. I filled up two 5 gal. gas cans. Imagine that they hold 14 1/2 gal of gas. If you tell them to set the pump for 10 gals. of gas. It will not even hit the 5 gal. mark on the can. Their pumps are not regulated. More than once this has happened. I stopped buying gas there all together. Their staff they have hire are so stupid. I purchased $13.23 of merchandised. Gave the cashier $23.23 so I could get $10.00 back. The cashier had to use a calculator to figure out my change. One night I went to purchased a pack of cigarettes. The cashier asked for my I.D. I showed him my military I.D. He refused it. He tried to steal my money off the counter. I laid a $10.00 bill to pay for the cigarettes. He took my money and refused not only not to sell me the cigarettes but tried to steal my money as well. He would not returned my. I had to grab it from him.

I reported that to the head ** at their headquarters. She said they are supposed to take Military I.D. Every day it's all same. How many times does someone who sees a regular customer keep asking for their I.D. Half of the cashiers don't even ask me for my I.D. God I am a disabled US Veteran over fifty years old and got to put up with trashy rude service. Their products are way overpriced 3 times what they cost elsewhere. I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO AVOID THIS CIRCLE K LOCATED MAINE ST. ORONO, ME AT ALL COST. Luckily there are two gas stations nearby to go to and save money as well.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I went to a Circle K in Vitoria store #4053 on 11/4/2018. I stop there every weekend to put gas as I drive by the town. I had went inside to pay for gas. Told the lady at register gas pump 3 and went outside to put gas and it wasn’t working so I went back inside and the lady had a attitude. Tried explaining to her and she snapped at me said, “Hold on maam” so waited. The line kept getting long and waited about 10 min people kept coming in. I asked her "how long are we going to have to wait people keep coming in." She said, “There nothing I can do. Someone pumped the gas. What do you want me to do?” I tried explaining to her I never pumped gas then the assistant manager came out tried explaining to her what happened then her response "what are you trying to say." I’m like, “I paid for gas and didn’t receive my gas.”

They looked for the receipt and turned out the lady at the register put it on pump 5 so the response from the "assistant manager" was, “Well maam there’s nothing we can go. You said the # 5 and that’s where she put it." So I’m like ok but that was an error on the lady at the register. She started walking to the back. I’m like, “Maam what’s going to happen.” She screamed in front of the whole store in front of all the customers to me and said "what do you want me to do. It’s your fault. I don’t know what you want me to do. I’m going to call my boss. It’s your fault" went to the back. I was shocked. This is the assistant manager who is yelling like she’s crazy in front of alllll the customers.

Well both the assistant manager and the lady who was at the register went to the back and he's back there so I call the cops. Apparently it’s a small town and everyone knows everyone because as soon as the cops went in the store they asked for the assistant manager and the girl who made the error came out and talked to them. So I was recording and the cop saw that and said, “Ok we are going to go talk to the manager in the back” and stayed back there for a while came out and said "well it’s not a crime" and looked at us stupid and gave us a 1800 number to call. Worse customer service and the worse assistant manager I have ever seen. I don’t know how they have a assistant manager like that smh!!! Never again will I be stopping there for not even the bathroom!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I went to Circle K to cash in lotto tickets and Janice the cashier took 30 minutes cashing in my tickets. I had 7 tickets...this was a process of hell. Finally she done. She gave me back wrong money and two tickets. Said she didn't have enough money. It was $325 I won in 7 tickets winning tickets. I got to car and counted money and realized it was old tickets and wrong money. I went in. She said, "I'm sorry. It was a accident." I watched her and it looked to me as she was trying to pull a fast one. I go to get coffee. It took her 14 minutes of me standing there after I asked her to fill. She ate food, made me wait and that's who works there...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought a nice insulated coffee mug from Circle K years ago for $5. I was supposed to get "free coffee refills for life " with that purchase, Wrong! They don't not honor that. I bought the mug at their store in Tucson, AZ.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I received a Circle K gift card from my sister. She sent it to me using her American Airline Points Plus mileage. So far I have not been able to find a station that will take this gift card for gas. I contacted Points Plus and was told to contact Circle K corporate which I did. Circle K customer service told me that "any Circle K will take this gift card." I asked which specific station would take it and was told "any of them". This is not true. The Circle K stations told me they do not have the computer program to accept this gift card. I don't know what to do now.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was waiting for an employee to get off work to walk them home safely, this was never a problem in the past. I was yelled at, accused of loitering, accused of stealing. Keep in mind I've been going to this store for the past 8 years. For some reason, the manager was on her high horse and wanted to yell at someone. I was the innocent victim. This store has a big problem keeping employees. We know why, discrimination from a poorly managed corporation. I refuse to shop at any Circle K franchise and my friends have followed. We shop at Wawa now as they actually have seats outside for their customers. Thanks Wawa. For putting customers first as expected from a well established empire. Boycott Circle K nationwide. Largo, FL.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I went to the Circle K on Indiana Ave in Vicksburg, MS and was treated like dirt. When we first walked in, rude cashier was already arguing with another customer she had overcharged by $10. Me and my boyfriend went for polar pop and hot dog deal, advertised for $3.33. We get two of them and were overcharged by $.60. I bring it up to the cashier, she rolls her eyes and rudely tells me that I should know what tax is. I show her on my phone calculator and she tells me that she has nothing to do with the prices and I already got my discount. So I was willing to pay the extra and address it with manager later, but then I try to buy candy deal buy one get one free, clearly marked that way, and she tells me it isn't on sale, it just says that. So I get mad and leave everything on the counter and go to leave, and nasty cashier yells at me not to ever come back. She should be fired.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Just happened to me. I connected the dots back to Circle K/Valero in San Antonio TX of Bandera Rd. Then to two more Circle K/Valero off Toepperwein and off O'Connor Rd. Took every dime I had. Every one please protect yourself. I don't make a lot of money. So this really hurt me. My bank is doing a dispute. So I hope I'll be okay. This is happening a lot. Not sure why it's not big news.

Resolution response: June 19, 2018

Just a note note of correction, the address on my review is incorrect. The store involved, is at the corner of 6th Ave and Speedway-85705. I made a call to the Tucson district Circle K office and received a phone call the next day. I was able to meet with an assistant district manager, learned more about their work to resolve their loitering issues. They welcome the input from the neighbors and I also offered to be a part of the solution, by meeting with some of the locals, Circle K, and some of the local law enforcement. We all understand Tucson is very understaffed. #worktogether.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The Circle K at 1610 E 6th, 85705 continues to be a place of many who loiter and bother the paying customers. It is often trashed out, specifically on the East side, where they hang out. And it always stinks! The employees seem sincerely frustrated as are all of us who live nearby. I was just there, as an employee asked two young clean cut men, to take their small (and clean) dog outside, as one of the homeless guys bathed at the sink, near the soda machine. I see that action often, and it seems very unsanitary. I do not want to come in and buy anything, when someone is splashing dirty water, from their body, having not bathed for weeks. I also do not want to be asked for money and have my windows washed every single time I come to my local convenience store. Do something Circle K Corp. Please. Don't blame the park next door. #hiremoresecurity.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Circle K, store # 2703177 in Evans, GA. Register 1 Last name **. Cashier was very talkative with customer in front of me, didn’t bother me but it was annoying. The customer she was taking her time talking with so he told her he was in a hurry and just run his lottery ticket. When it was my turn, I put my water on the counter and asked if I could please have a pack of Marlboro special blend gold shorts and she said “No” but then walked over to get them and stated I didn’t need to be buying those to which I replied they weren’t for me (my mom who is 65 years old is free to do whatever she wants) and she came back with, "You shouldn’t be buying them for anyone else..."

I really wish I would have just walked out at that point and not purchased anything. I’ve been in customer service for 15 years and would never put my opinion on a customer in regards to their purchases. She needs a course in customer service and to also not try to prevent people from making purchases of products that keep her job necessary.

Original review: April 10, 2018

This is a horrible company do business with. PLEASE EVERYONE! Drive around the corner to a quick trip or whatever is in your area. I'm tired of going to a convenience store that treat you like trash and makes you wait in line forever. There are other ones.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Every time I get a refill (Fountain drink) with my 44 oz cup they insist on charging me more than the 69 cents as it reads on the sticker right there on the machine. It clearly reads up to 44 oz 69 cents. I get into an argument every time. This is ridiculous. On the bright side, I love the banana bread.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Every time I use my debit card it's usually for a $5. Or less purchase and I get charges on my statement for the item PLUS $2.50 + $2.50! And they don't even tell the customer they're charging to use the card! And then doing it twice!!!! Each time!! That practically costs as much as the item itself!! I'll never shop there again unless I am that desperate, even then I'll think twice, I'll go across the street before I go back to a Circle K!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So I pulled in to get gas at Circle K at the Inman SC. Was walking into the store to pay and there was a bad place in the pavement. Tripped and fell and busted my lip open. Have tried numerous times to call corporate. No one answered. Left voicemail and no one calls about and the employee working didn't even fill out an incident report. Customer gets hurt on their property and they don't do anything. I missed 4 days of work, got a hospital bill and ambulance bill.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have been going to Circle K for a long time now. Usually I have no complaints, but I went today to get what I usually get, coffee refill and my own cup of ice, however when I went to check out the clerk tried to charge me for the ice. Now I understand if I use their cup etc., but I had my own cup and they trying to charge me .59 cents for ice. Now they sell any size drink for .79 cents using their cup and soda. To me this is very poor customer service. I decided that if I was going to be charged 59 cents for ice I might as well get the drink along with it for an extra .20 cents.

What made me write the review is this. When I went back to get the soda I saw a lady getting 2 cups of ice. I was curious about the whole thing because this was the first time anyone tried to charge me, so I carefully stayed back and watched the same clerk not charge this lady for the two cups of ice. The only difference was this. The clerk was **, I am **, the lady with two cups of ice was **. Now that is racist any way you slice it. Besides that, if Circle K needs to charge for ice like they are not earning enough then it's time for me to take my business to RaceTrac. The store is located in Ocala, FL.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Well I'm a security guard and I live in AZ. It got hot out today and I got sick of drinking water so I went to Circle K to get a Polar Pop. Well as I am proceeding to leave after I pay the other cashier lady stops me and say you are not allowed in here and at this point I'm like why? She proceeds to tell me 2 weeks ago someone came in here and bought minors alcohol and that she thinks it was me. Mindful the store is full of people. She embarrassed the ** out of me. So I told her that she has the wrong person and so on. Well needless to say I cannot get a hold of corporate and she refuse to go look at the video.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Been a regular at the Circle K at 1619 Sycamore since they open. They have this sign on polar pop like any other Circle K that reads 89 cents any size. I bought one of those oversize Pepsi mugs and they charged me 89 cent. I have used a larger mug and they charged me 89 cents for some reason. The worker they now have wants to charge me 2.09. I feel the larger sign that says 89 cent any size is misleading and to just up the price on a regular shopper without offering a chance just rude. Was there just two days before all this and they was out of cups so I brought my own mug then to find they want to charge more. Lucky there's another Circle K in town on Shaffer that just charges 89 cents.

Original review: June 10, 2017

So I've been living in a corporate accommodations apartment in Greensboro NC for about 3 weeks for work and will be until the end of September. The Circle K on New Garden Road in Greensboro is right next to my apartment. I have been going there nearly every day for personal drinks and snacks and also chewing tobacco, and also is my main place to fill up the company truck with gas 3-4 times a week. My ID is a Minnesota driver's license, as I actually live in Minnesota and am staying at the Greensboro apartment through and paid for by my company. Yesterday I went in to buy some chewing tobacco, the clerk examined it for a while (I have purchased it through her multiple times). She asks me if it is fake a few times, I assure her no and explain my situation. She doesn't believe me and asks her manager.

She tells me that it is supposed to "shine" under a certain light, I say. "Okay shine it." All while there are about 7 people behind me in line waiting with only one register open. She tells me that she cannot sell it to me, I am annoyed and tell her, "Okay I will take my business elsewhere." Today I thought I would give it another shot because the location is so convenient. I walk over and attempt to purchase another can of chewing tobacco. A different clerk looks at it and feels it and again tells me it is supposed to "shine", and uses his North Carolina ID to compare and show me what he means. I tell him it's a different state and that it is made with a different material (Minnesota IDs are made of Teslin and are flexible and have more of a matte look).

He tells me he cannot sell it to me, I am annoyed again and slide the can back to him, it falls off the counter and I apologize saying I didn't mean to fling it off the counter, he get's annoyed with me and threatens to call the cops. I say okay call them, he glares at me and tells me to get out. I will not be purchasing Anything from any Circle K location, personal or business.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Circle K gas pump charged my card 76.00 on three occasions in the last three weeks. This will always cause my card to build multiple overdraft fees on other purchases. I've now had to contact my bank twice to have unfair overdraft fees removed because of Circle K's gas pump. The only way to avoid this is to enter the store and pay for gas through the register clerk. This is my only reason for making an account on ConsumerAffairs and I have no interest in purchasing gas from a Circle K gas pump ever again. It's a loss for Circle K business because I spent quite a consistent amount of money on food-stuffs at this establishment as well.

1-2 minutes of additional driving takes me to a clean and reliable QuikTrip. Bye Circle K.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Walk in the store. I had 3 dollars in lotto scratch-off that I won. I bought some for two dollars and two scratch-offs. I gave her 100 dollar bill. She charge me for everything and didn't give me my winnings of three dollars. I went back in the store to let her know. Instead of going the draw. She goes up under the lotto counter pulls out a roll of money. And proceeds to catch a attitude.

So said, "Are you stealing?" She said, "** I don't have to steal a petty three dollars." I GOT VERY UPSET. SHE NOT ONLY CALLED ME OUT MY NAME BUT ARGUE ACROSS THE COUNTER VERY CLASSLESS AND **!! SHE DIDN'T HAVE ON A name tag. So I ask Nina what was her name and I need a manager. SHE SAID she didn't. Know the manager and had nothing to do with. So I left out the store furious. Not only didn't I speak to someone. But her coworker. Was any help after she Buck her eyes and knew SHE was wrong. I will keep calling corporate till I get answers...

Circle K Gas Stations Company Information