Circle K Gas Stations

Circle K Gas Stations

3.8/5 (301 ratings)

About Circle K Gas Stations

Circle K Gas Stations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Circle K Gas Stations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Circle K?

Original review: April 13, 2020

At about 2:45 PM this afternoon, I stopped at the Circle K in Milan Ohio to get gas and a small snack. I stopped at pump #6. I walked in the store to use the restroom. I then went to the coolers and chose an 89 cent package of string cheese to buy for a snack. I then went to the counter to pay for my snack and to put the gas in my car using my cash miles card that had fourteen dollars on it. I paid for the gas using my miles cash card and then put the string cheese purchase on my debit card. I went out to pump the gas. The pump did not show that my fourteen dollars had even been put on the pump. I went back inside the store to see what the issue was. The lady that had rung me up for both transactions was not able to find my transaction for the gas. She was only able to find the transaction for the string cheese. (She was an assistant manager)

I told her to take the customer behind me so that she would not have to wait. The customer saw me starting to cry because the assistant manager had told me that there was nothing she could do about my fourteen dollars being missing. The customer paid for my gas out of the kindness of her heart because of what the assistant manager had told me. I felt so humiliated! The assistant manager just shrugged her shoulders and said again that there was nothing she could do. So, I went outside to pump the gas that the customer paid for. After pumping it, I went back in to ask the assistant manager for the miles cash card back. She gave it to me and told that the card had a zero balance still. She also told me that both pump numbers 5 and 6 had been "acting up for a day or two now". I told her that the pumps should not have been put into use if they were not functioning correctly. I went back out to my car crying.

I called the number on the back of the card hoping to speak with someone who could help me fix the card situation. The lady that answered the phone was in Mexico. (She said so herself) The phone rep also told me to "calm down" because her "English was not very good" and that she did not understand me. I had to respell my first name at least half a dozen times. The phone rep still was not getting the spelling. The phone rep told me that since I was still at the location I should have gone back in the store and had the assistant manager call your Tech Support department. I told the phone rep that I did not feel comfortable going back in the store because of the Covid-19 pandemic. (The store had several customers inside by then)

So,l I started to cry again. She had no right to talk to me that way. I am a paying customer and should be treated with respect. Instead of continuing to cry, I just hung up after several minutes on the phone trying to deal with the phone rep and her poor English comprehension skills. I was brushed aside by the assistant manager. I was humiliated and degraded all the way around. Sure, the customer that paid for my gas did so out of the kindness of her heart but it was not for her to make right! THE ASSISTANT MANAGER should have made it right! I should not have been put on the spot in front of the everyone in the store! I should not have been yelled at by the phone rep either! Circle K should be using phone reps that can speak, read, write and comprehend English.

It was over 30 minutes of my time trying to get the gas in my car and calling the customer service number on the back of my card. I also called a lady named Connie at the Great Lakes Division. She did not answer her phone so, I left a voicemail. She has yet to return my call as of the time stamp on the message I am sending you now. There have been pricing issues on the sign at the same location before. (One price on sign and another on the pumps) It happens quite often. I work in Marblehead Ohio and used to work in Sandusky, Ohio. I have been stopping at this store at least 3-4 times a week for the past two and a half years. I am an STNA. If I were to treat any of the patients or their families the way that I was treated today, I would not have a job.

At a minimum, I want the fourteen dollars put back on my card since I did not get to use it for the gas. I also want to be contacted directly about what transpired today. I work till 3 PM typically. (Today I got off early because of low census at work-we can't admit new residents until the Covid-19 Pandemic has calmed down and the stay at home order lifted) Circle K has fourteen dollars of my hard earned money. Not to mention that all of this made me late for a job interview. I used to work for Englefield Oil. They own the Duchess Stations. I worked for them for several years. That is why I know why, when and how the pumps should be bagged etc.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I am a healthcare worker at 2 hospitals in Phoenix, AZ and have been to 4 different stores and none give me my coffee for free as advertised. They pick and choose who they do it for. I had 2 coworkers behind me that she gave them free coffee. I guess it's time to go to Starbucks because they dont pick and choose. It's a true advertisement..

Original review: March 26, 2020

I moved here Jan 06, 2020 and go to Circle K every day sometimes 3 times a day. I feet my daily fountain pop and gas every other day. I just FINALLY got a $2 reward. I couldn't believe it...thought I was doing something wrong. I would even go back to my car and fight through the line if I forgot my rewards card. They have a coffee card but, not a fountain drink card. I don't drink coffee. I don't want to sound ungrateful but, it's not a good program. I go more than most so it would take normal people 6 months to a year to get their $2 reward.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Circle K in the state of Oklahoma and the city is called Moore. It’s at 4th and Eastern. The car wash will dent and or take the paint off of your vehicle and when you go in the store, tell them, they take pictures and have you write a statement (THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT IT)!! I was by the manager and assistant manager that they sent all of the forms I filled out, the forms they said they filled out, and all of my contact information. It has been over a month and nobody has contacted me to fix my vehicle's paint that was scraped off by their car wash.

When I called “again” yesterday the manager said, "You are just going to have to wait for circle k claims department to contact you." I asked the manager for the claims phone number or corporate office phone number.. She told me she didn’t have it. I asked her if she could or would get it for me.. She told me “no”.. My name is Rhonda and my phone number is **.. If anyone has any ideas for me please call me.. Thank you..

Original review: March 3, 2020

Circle K at 600 Center St. in Jupiter, Fl has advertisement on front of store shows discounted price for multiple cigarette pack purchases, but at checkout there is no discount. Advertised price is $5.55 + tax when buying two or more packs. I buy two, total should be $11.10 plus 7% Florida sales tax totaling $11.88, yet they charge me $12.98. When confronted both manager and sales staff come up with creative excuses for the discrepancy on multiple occasions such as "their computers aren't synced", "sales tax is more on cigarettes" (it isn't), "oh, you're right, but with all these people in line I don't have time to fix it".

I have received the discount before, but lately they're not honoring it. They're just using the sign to get you in there, and after standing in line behind scores of illegal aliens buying beer and lottery tickets they know you're not going to haggle about a $1.10 overcharge. I know nothing will be done about it, but you can pay $6.50 a pack anywhere in Jupiter. Don't fall for the Circle K Tobacco Club false advertising.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I am a therapist and I try to help kids who have no parents, foster kids, but the parking of the agency is always full so sometimes I park next door at this Circle K. The agency there don't pay me at all, zero, and the parking is always empty on the side of the circle k /BP gas station but the manager had my car towed. I had to walk 2 miles and pay $135 and by the time I got my car back I lost all afternoon. 3 kids didn't get therapy that day because the manager gets a a $50 kickback from what I understand.

I wish the owner knew that and I wish people put kids before profit in their pockets. I hope you're proud of yourself and what you do to people circle k manager and owner. I'll never buy gas or food again from you. I used to spend at least $50 in gas and $10 in food once a week. So how much did you really make to keep your parking empty as usual?! And ruining the day for me and 3 kids? Shame on you! Keep your blood money! I suggest everyone who reads this to stop patronizing your stores too.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

After the second mouthful of coffee grounds, I stopped trading at the Circle K outlets. Sad to see circle k stop offering the best cup of brewed coffee in the world, and trade off for this gemini grounds system. Now I trade and get my gas at a station that offers fresh brewed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Signed up for an easy pay card. First transaction worked fine, other than it not showing up in my bank for a while..Later when I tried to use it the employee didnt know what to do and ended up charging me 3 times for the same purchase. Called zipline and was told that they cannot refund me. Took a $30 hit on the chance to save .30 on gas (I never used card for gas)... Trust lost.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was trying to move out from the pump after I done putting gas in my car then a lady came to me and stopped me saying I didn’t pay for the gas I put so I went inside and running my credit card again and asked her, "Are you sure I didn’t been charge because I already paid at the pump" and she told me, "No I swear". So I said ok then I go out from the store, tried to get into my car and surprise the amount she charged me wasn’t the same I got on the pump screen.

So I came back and told her, "You made a mistake charging me double so please do the refund". Then the other one call some manager and then after 30 min waiting for their mistakes she told me that couldn’t give me a refund and I have to come back next day. Talk to some manager and I said, "Are you telling me you won’t refund me after your big mistake?" Then she said, "There’s nothing I can do so you got call your bank and tell them". So How In this World you going to put someone that not have a clue how to fix the mistake they made? So I call my bank and I having a dispute against the Circle K, They’re sucks. I won’t stop there again. Better going with the next one gas station.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Filled out application with more information than I wanted to. They sent me an email asking for a clear copy of my drivers license and current utility bill. Why did I furnish routing number and checking account number.?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

There is a horrible woman named Brenda working at the Bergheim location who could not be more rude. It's amazing that people like her who are clearly unhappy and looking to make others miserable are able to be employed. She insults people, yells and has the most horrible attitude EVER. My family and I now boycott this location because of her awful, disrespectful antics.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I signed up for the Circle Pay Easy Pay card. It is managed by the same company who manages Parker’s Pump Pal. It takes up to 3 days to post, but if you keep a check register it shouldn’t be a problem because you know it will be deducted. (Maybe not for people who just check their daily bank balance & forgot to deduct the gas charge that will be coming out.) They advertise .30 off the first 100 gallons, the pump total doesn’t show it, but I received an email with the adjusted balance + the extra .3-.25 I get off for being a fuel reward member. I love that I can combine these discounts for even more savings.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I shop at the Circle K in Solon, Ohio quite frequently. I purchase the normal items from a gas station that most people purchase. One day I went in to purchase cigarettes and the clerk asked for my identification. I presented my ID and she scanned it into their machine. After about five visits, I politely asked why my ID needs to be scanned constantly considering the clerk who is working obviously knows I am over 21 because they have verified my age many times. She went on to explain that it is company policy to do this for anyone that appears to be under the age of 40. I asked her do they ask for identification for people that appear over 40 and she said "No". I insisted since she knew my age and knows I am over 21 could she not scan my ID. She said she had to and refused the sale.

This gave me pause. Why would Circle K refuse a sale on a product to a person of legal age because they don't want their ID scanned? It then came to me that maybe they are possibly harvesting information and selling it. I have called their corporate headquarters three times asking specifically what information is collected when they scan your ID. NO ONE EVER RESPONDED. I am taking this complaint to the Ohio Attorney General's office for review. If they are in fact harvesting data, my consent must be given for this. There is no reason that my ID NEEDS to be scanned each time I buy something, especially if you are dealing with the same clerks. I believe something nefarious is taking place and will be getting to the bottom of this. I will update this review if I ever receive a response.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I got the Easy Pay card as a way to save money on my tight budget and like many people I didn't read the terms and conditions all the way. Well I had the correct amount of money in my bank account to accommodate my payment but because of their B.S. 1-3 business day withdrawal amount it ended up returning from my bank but I wasn't notified until a week later. When I was notified I was told that I had to pay an extra $25, then was told to read the terms of service again and found out that that is the maximum and I mean maximum in my state that can be charged for a return fee.

They were not willing to charge me less than the maximum instead I was met with an attitude from the person I was talking on the phone with. Their complete lack of customer service and their complete lack of understanding of people's financial situations and their false advertisement about the ¢30 off per gallon (that I am echoing from other complaints) makes this card a complete waste of time and effort and just a way for the greedy company get more money.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

The easy pay program say you will receive 30cents off on gas... straight BS. You received 6 cents off at pump & 24 cents On savings on the back end. That’s not what was advertised. If the advertising say you 30 cents off them that’s what expected not 6 on gas & 24 cents saving. The advertising is very misleading. When you call them they will argue you down saying you receive your savings. I didn’t want 24 cents savings. I was expecting 30 cents off gas period, not savings on the back end as explained by a rep. These companies say what they have to say to get you to sign up only to disappoint in the end. I will never again sign up with anyone w/out verifying what they offer is what you actually receive.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Store # 48 my trailer blew a tire so I had to leave the trailer there for about 30-45 min and the 2 guys working were very helpful and understanding. I had to get my son to school and I was already running very late. The guy said not a problem at all. Thank you for being so kind and understanding. It’s greatly appreciated and nice to know there’s still some kind people around.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Circle K is getting a ** review. Use your debit card which is not credit and they charge you credit prices. Debit is the same as cash. Comes directly out of your bank account. It is not credit. It might not seem like much but $0.05 a gallon and it's up when you have a 32 gallon tank. Been to numerous other gas stations and debit is the same as cash.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I signed up for an Easy Pay card and was offered $.30 discount on the first 100 gallons. My first fill went fine, but on the second fill I didn't get the additional discount. I called their Customer Service number, which is powered by Zipline to complain. I was on hold for 15 minutes, and when a live person finally answered, she took my information and said she needed to put me on hold and would be back with an answer. After 10 minutes the line went dead. She has my telephone number in my account info. but never called back to follow up, and I'm not going to spend my life on hold.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Circle K at corner of Hwy 160 and Dam Rd, Fort Mill, SC. I purchased gas and when crank after refuel, vehicle will not stay running. Ask store manager if anyone else experienced, manager accused me of stealing $20 earlier in the day or week, not sure. Obviously mistaken ID, but the fact that I’m stuck in Circle K gas lane as now my car won’t crank, and Manager falsely accused me of stealing $20 in front of 8-10 other customers after I had just spent $10 in the store on drinks and jerky and $15 for bad gas is beyond reason. The manager Tiffany, refused to provide her manager's info, so I reported to Circle K Corporate. I have visited this store several over the years as I have family and friends in the area, but I never will again and I will make sure my family and friends never go there either. Bad, Bad Management!!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Circle K has a new card called Easy Pay, the problem is none of the cashiers seem to know how to use it or advise the customers. I visited Forrest Road location and the Buena Vista Rd location here in Columbus GA. I told the Cashier at the Buena location that I don't know how to use this, what do I do. His response was, "I don't either??" I just used my debit card at both locations. I want to get some gas but don't want to lose my .30 offer because of lack of training on the part of Management who haven't ensured the cashiers know about the card or how to help customers with it. Dear SM, and store Dist. MGR get off your butt and make sure your stores have the tools they need to effectively perform their jobs! Give me the job, and I will damn sure ensure my stores are taken care of, since you're not doing it!???

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I was at the Circle K yesterday at location on 657 White Sands Blvd in Alamogordo, New Mexico 08/28/2019 purchasing cold drink items. I paid cashier ahead. Cashier did not ask me if I wanted a receipt, told me me the cost of three 44 ounce drinks was $2.25. When that didn't seem right to me, I went back and got another quarter. I proceeded to my vehicle and checked the math on my purchase which I should have had 18¢ coming back from $2.07 the cost of the drinks purchased. The cashier did not even ask if I would like a promotional deal when I bought the large drinks of a candy like the other Circle K store does in town.

Upon leaving from inside I mentioned to the same cashier that the ice machine was needing ice. She just stood there by the machine. This same employee at this location I've had issues with just because the way she doesn't help the customer to feel welcome. I talked to manager cashier who was there via telephone who told me her name was **. She told me that she couldn't give out the name of the employee she was working with and that I should take it easy and call ** in A.M. I'm proceeding with calling the manager ** this morning to resolve the issue.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I went to the Circle K on 7 N Fulton Ave in Evansville IN. I went in to purchase a drink and Almonds. They had natural almonds for .59 and on the shelf above those they had Almonds that had raisins for 1.59. I decided to purchase the plain one for .59 because I could not see paying $1.00 for raisins. When the Almonds rang up for the 1.59 instead of the .59 ** (cashier) proceeded to argue w/ me that they are not .59. I insisted that they were and there was a great deal over there to prove it. She continued to argue w/ me. I asked to talk to a manager. ** pointed over her shoulder that she will be back. I proceeded to wait.

No one ever showed up. I requested a refund and ** told me I did not have to be so rude. I told her that she was the one wanting to tell me I was incorrect. She states, “I know you are b/c. I am the one that put everything the shelves.” I told her, “That is fine but you put the Almonds in the wrong place.” This employee was rude, then when she saw that she did put them in the wrong area she never once apologized. I did take pictures to prove my side of this.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I’ll start by saying that it is a new, very nice and clean store. On this particular occasion my wife, daughter, and I stopped there for ice cream from a soft serve machine. A small cone was 99 cents and a bowl was $1.99. Since the bowl was a bit bigger we decided to get those. However, when the bowl was less than half full a notice popped up on the screen saying STOP along with a rather loud beeping sound. At first I thought maybe the machine was broken but since it kept working we filled the bowls and got in line to pay.

That was when I was essentially admonished by the cashier in a long line of people (not that I’m necessarily blaming the employee as she said they can get in trouble if they don’t say anything). I was told that management considers it stealing to not stop filling it when the machine says stop. I will say this: How is this any different than buying a large coffee cup, but being told you’re a thief if you fill it up? Or going to a Dairy Queen, buying a large Blizzard and they give it to you half full? Completely ridiculous and insulting. Needless to say, I will never be back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Tripped and broke elbow and hurt knee at Circle K. Circle jerk from circle K. Phone calls returned were from Restricted numbers. I DO NOT ANSWER RESTRICTED PHONE NUMBER CALLS!! Messages that were left on my VM...were just a muffled mess. All I heard was "Circle K" 2 calls to Corporate have gotten nowhere. 2nd surgery has to be scheduled to remove some of the 6 screws, with a metal rod as I'm having a reaction to the screws...VERY PAINFUL, AND I’M SUFFERING!! ****BOYCOTTING CIRCLE K**** They do not care about the people that keep them In business!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Circle K Shell station is the only place I get gas from. I’ve never had a problem there and most of the time I’m swiping my debit card. 7/11/2019 I go inside to get $20 on pump 6. I swipe my card and everything goes through. I go outside take the pump handle off and it says please pay inside. I’m like I already paid! I go inside the cashier hands me a receipt saying I can’t get gas but my money will be put back on my bank card 3-7 days. I’m furious because it’s all the money I had and I was clocked in on my job (I'm a delivery driver for Doordash) so I’m already on E. Can’t move!! I’m on the phone trying to get in contact with customer service and corporate no answer from no one!! I leave several messages!! No one contacted me back!! I’m a single parent of 3 and money is hard to save doing the kind of work I do!!

I was logged out of my work schedule and this is the money that I was going to work for to pay my electric bill that is due for shut off 07/12/2019. Now me and my kids will be without lights and will have to stay at my mom's due to this horrible problem! The cashier lady told me that the pump times out after so long but I only paid and went right out the door to pump so I don’t get it. It’s my everyday routine!! I need answers!! Yet no one has yet contacted me about the issue!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have gone to the Circle K near me. One is on Central and Van Buren in Avondale Arizona. The other two are on Litchfield and Western and Litchfield and Van Buren. None of them would accept my Serve (Amex) card. So now I go to QuikTrip or other small convenience stores that honor my Amex card. I am tired of having to watch a great company that I grew up around lose my business.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I go to this Circle K all of the time. I’ve encountered the woman that was working this night on multiple occasions. She has never been friendly but I’ve constantly been kind in return. I brought my service dog inside with me tonight (which I have done once before and it was fine). I walked in, looked at her to make sure she saw me with my dog. As I was checking out, she started asking me Passive aggressive questions about my dog being in the store, to the point of yelling at me. I told her I am so sorry, I did not realize she had a problem with my service dog. She continued yelling at me about my dog after I told her multiple times that I have been a loyal and friendly customer at that store for years And did not realize my dog was a problem.

Again, I am a patron of this particular Circle K because it is down the street from my house. It is hard for me to drive places because I have seizures. I have only brought my dog in with me on one other occasion. I continued to apologize and ask this woman why she was getting so upset with me. This was embarrassing and demeaning.

Original review: May 2, 2019

As a business owner and legal vendor to sell tobacco products, I was refused the right to process a transaction on my company card, as to "your name on your ID does not match the name on the card"- Quoting GM Brittany at the Lorain, Ohio Broadway Avenue location. Please keep in mind, that my company card has the name of my company, "CNP CAR SERVICE LLC" emblazoned on the front of the card. Prior to this incident I had never had any issue using my company card at this location. I offered to show proof that the company card was mine, and was refused the opportunity to do so. GM Brittany was very rude and disrespectful, and also violated Tobacco and Liquor Licensing Laws and Regulations on all levels. I advise all retailers and vendors to stay away from that location.

Original review: April 15, 2019

This early morning I put $11 of gas in my car. I paid with the cashier and used my debit card. About 2 hours later I noticed in my bank statement that Circle K charged me $76 Instead of $11. As soon as I noticed this I ran to my bank and let them know the situation. The guy at the bank wasn't surprised at all and they told me that Circle K tends to that to check if the person has enough funds to pay for their purchase. Now, what if all I had in my card was those $11 and they overdraft my account WITHOUT MY consent?? Haha. Are they liable to pay for the overdraft fees as well???? Has anyone else had this problem before? According to my bank they see it a lot from Circle K.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Bought $5.01 worth of gas. Got charged $5.01 which post immediately and then was charged $101 which is still pending 5 days later. I have sent messages through every means I can find and have yet to hear back from anyone. So apparently my reward for patronizing Circle K is to be robbed of over $100 and have my week screwed over because my money is gone. You are better off at QT where I've never had any problems and will take all of my future business.

Circle K Gas Stations Company Information