2. Automotive

Chrysler Sebring

Chrysler Sebring
Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Chrysler Sebring refers to a line of mid-size luxury vehicles, including convertibles, sedans and coupes, that were made from 1995-2010. Read more Chrysler reviews to learn about other models.

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Chrysler Sebring Shop on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Chrysler Sebring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chrysler Sebring?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chysler Sebring?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

I leased a 2015 Chrysler 200S on April 2015. The car has been defective since day one. Starting from the misleading fuel economy numbers that are far from reality, to denying any kind of issue and use software updates that are never released as a fix to any issue. I took my car to the dealer I leased it from in May for bad fuel economy and transmission issues and they denied everything. Said "come back after 1500 miles", which I did and they used the magic trick of updating software to fix the MPG and It didn't. For the transmission issue they just denied it.

I didn't give up. I took the car to a different dealership and they identified the problem as a defective transmission and replaced it one month after I got my NEW car! Replacing the transmission did fix the acceleration issue but yet it didn't fix the hard-shifting/jerking issues. I took my car again to the same dealership for the transmission issue and car pulling issues when they denied everything again. I went for the same issues again and took them for a test drive to prove that the car pulls left and steering loses control. They said "we aligned the back" but the car still pulls as of this moment. Last Thursday 1/14/2016 I took my car for the 6th service at the leasing dealership for the same transmission issue, tire pressure issue and the pulling issue.

I went for a test drive with a gentleman called John ** when he felt the hard shifting issue, admitted it and admitted that the 200 model has got transmission issues and people don't like the way transmission works. The tire pressure issue is when I got the warning of low tire pressure 5 times in 2 months and I keep filling it with air but still goes bad again. After the service finished today 1/19/2016 I went to the dealer to get my car. They stated that they changed the valve body. Once I got out of the dealer and started driving the transmission still have hard shifting just like before. Tire pressure issue wasn't fixed and same for pulling issue. I want my money back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2015

I am a single mom and purchased this car on Craigslist for 1700. Within 3 months oil is leaking, not sure where from, but I'm putting oil in all the time. Car is at 109,000 miles, front suspension seems to be failing, even causing me to hit a curb once, and makes a weird noise when turning, but has power steering oil full. In Park when I press gas pedal, car will not go over 4 rpm now and barely makes it up a hill. It is always bogging and going put, put, put...at a few times at stops, it just jolts and accelerates quickly.

So now I have to put it in Park and press gas pedal a little to keep car from dying. There is a burning smell from under dash sometimes and it is getting worse, engine light came on now. I have changed the map sensor, costing 70, that did nothing. Called Chrysler online recall number and told her all these problems, all she was saying is take it in to dealership to check it out, "of course at big bucks to me". Single mom with 7 children...and that the 2005 Sebring Sedan 4-door 2.4L has no recalls. I said I can't afford the charge and I hope nothing bad happens to me or my kids. All she said was, "I will document this down"...like me /us people that pay their salary are crap, and too bad for us.

I already know my oil, the burning smell, the put, put, put, bog, bog. Has fuel problems and oil and front suspension problems. And this company will not just call for a total recall until it's to the extreme...like people die or get badly hurt. We buy from a company that takes our money and puts us through severe mental and aggravating abuse and denial that their autos are in serious need of re-evaluating and better product reliability to make sure people don't die or get hurt. And have pride in service to people who put food on their table and pay for their nice houses before we, the people, feel so screwed mentally, financially and mistreated, stand together and gain 1 huge class action lawsuit that just might wake them up.

I read a lot of post and it seems as they take the money, listen for a minute, and pretty much wring us like a wet cloth - go home and have no conscience at all while we pay, pay, pay, suffer, suffer. And if anyone wants to contact me, I'll post where you can if this posting goes though. We have to fight for our right to be treated with dignity, like they did when they took our money. I'm so sick and I know this car is going to break down. I have disability, but also college student, with 7 kids, no child support. And I told her my problems, but like my kids, these people have ''selective hearing'' and ditch us but take their paycheck with no empathy to us at all.

Original review: June 15, 2015

A cargo divider in my trunk fell apart, both ends broken off! Switch broken in trunk. Top damaged, because there was not a WARNING for top to stop! Both rails bent. Had another Top swapped from 2011 Donor car. Trunk tilt up out of alignment. Top will not go down. Expenses - Michiana Chrysler charge $1,350.00 for replacement cargo divider and switch and said they CANNOT fix Chrysler Convertible Top! Referred me to Barry's Trim Shop. Barry's Trim Shop said he would touch a Chrysler Sebring Convertible with a 10 foot pole! Purchased Donor Top - $ 650.00 and $850 install. Top still not working!!

Original review: May 28, 2015

I saw a burgundy Chrysler Sebring Convertible 04 this person had for sale on Craigslist. I talked to the lady and was told that the car was still available. It was a ride but I told her I was on my way to purchase it. Once there it turned out to be a dealership which I was unaware of. Also, I was told the car wasn't available but they had other Sebring convertibles for sale. I test drove one and settled on buying it.

Since my purchase I've had nothing but issues. I was told I needed a new water pump, housing was cracked, needed a new thermostat also. Replaced all that and I'm still having the same issues. Had to put a fuse in the fan relay under the hood but now the fan still isn't working. Car keeps running hot when I'm in traffic but cools off when I'm driving.

I am a disabled person who has a very low income and I'm a single mom. This is stressing me out and I don't know what to do... HELP ME PLEASE!!! I don't know if they sold me the car illegally since I went there to buy another car. I'm just so disappointed and reading these other comments and how Chrysler doesn't care is very heartbreaking to me. Who is on our side? Who helps the jipped consumers? I really need a fix and can't afford a new car. Chrysler needs to step up and do right by people who have purchased their vehicles. Does the government not care?

Original review: May 25, 2015

Cluster in 2008 Chrysler Sebring - I have owned this car for 7 years and overall it has been a good car. What aggravates me is that I have had to replace the cluster twice. It failed within 2 years after purchase and then again last year. Is there a manufacturers defect in the cluster itself? The service people won't say. I won't buy a Chrysler again because of this.

Original review: May 20, 2015

I just want to be the oddball. I bought a 2000 Sebring convertible with 150000 miles on it and it had been stored for 3 years. Brought it home, changed all the belts and hoses, cleaned the radiator, and filled it. Did wind up, putting a used one in it after cleaning the old one. Put high mileage oil in it and did like the variable oil pressure so put in the oil pump. I have been driving it like crazy for over a year and even pull a trailer behind it some. Yes, people laugh at an older women pulling a trailer full of sheep behind a convertible. I get approximately 26 miles to a gallon. I have put over 25 thousand miles on it. I do change the oil every 3500 miles. I check the tire pressure at least once a week.

Once I got it looking and running great I decided to put a top on it. That was my biggest expense but it looks new. With all I did I have about 500 dollars over Kelly Blue Book into it but I have turned down 1000, more than I have in it. I love my Penny (that's because she is that weird, coppery red color) and I love being the cool grandmother driving the convertible. It is the car requested when I pick up the grandkids at school. Wish it had an oil pressure gauge in it and may add on in the near future. Wish all the cars I have owned run as well as this car and were half as much fun. Plus my 6'3" hubby can ride comfortably in it. But I don't let him drive it.

Original review: May 6, 2015

I had not heard how bad the 2.7 Chrysler engines were. All I knew was that I wanted a Sebring convertible, I loved the body style. My husband borrowed from his 401k to buy me one. I had seen one at a car lot and I had fallen in love with it. One day he pulled in and told me that we were just going to try it out. He surprised me and bought it for me as an early Anniversary (17 yrs) present. I was so happy!!

For the first 5 months it drove like a dream. Then one day it ran hot on me, so my husband replaced the water pump. (We thought it was a simple fix.) Needless to say it has been parked now for the last 7 months. We have replaced sensors, timing chain, etc. My husband is a pretty good mechanic and there isn't much that he can't fix. However this car has him stumped. He has replaced and repaired all the codes as well as everything that anyone has suggested and it is still sitting in my front yard broke down. It has turned into a money pit!! I feel so cheated!! I loved my car!!

Chrysler you are a billion dollar company, you should step up to the plate and either fix or replace the engines in these vehicles. People work very hard for their money. I can't speak for everyone but my trust in Chrysler is completely broken.

Original review: May 4, 2015

I bought my '08 Sebring used in 2012. It had 92,000 mainly all highway, previous owner had it as a company vehicle. My car now has 167,000+ miles and it still runs like a champ. My only complaint about my car is that it lacks power when you need to gain speed quickly but can't expect too much power from a 4 cylinder. I love my car and besides normal wear and tear, my car hasn't given me any problems. It's pretty good on gas and has been a very reliable car.

Original review: March 11, 2015

I loved my car when I bought it in 2012. Used, with considerable miles on it...however, the engine had been replaced and the mechanic I hired to help me shop for a car assured me this was the best of the bunch. My 2000 Chrysler Sebring Convertible was, for the first month, a blast to own. Then the problems started. In 2 years I have replaced the internal fuel filter twice, the starter, alt, battery, distributor 3 times, coil pack, seals in the transmission, main computer and here it sits again broken in my driveway.

I have been driving for 25 years and only had one vehicle leave me stranded before I owned this car. This car has left me, a single mom, stranded more times than I can remember. In only 2 1/2 years at last count this time would be 8 times. The one problem was so difficult to trace down the mechanic had it for 7 weeks. & weeks of down time, begging for rides every workday. The car finally cost me 1 job so far and close to a second. I feel bad about selling it when I get it repaired because I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Original review: March 6, 2015

I was without a vehicle a long time, walking to work in the heat, the rain, on sides of roads, rode buses - a long time. I pay child support, bills, was hard to save for a down payment. Finally I was blessed - so I thought "Finally a car." I've had this car 5 months and nothing but repairs. Beautiful car, drives nice when it's not needing something. Wheel bearings 571.00 then lower left, right control arms 590.00. Brake part issues constantly, sometimes car almost shuts off like everything then fine. I'm cursed and I'm barely making it, now it seems it needs struts or something I can't afford now. Just afford car payment. Now I'm so depressed I wonder why me. I just went through hell, years of it to get a car. Always thought Chrysler made a good car? I'm in hell. I feel so horrible, failed. I just want to sleep and not wake up. My whole life now I will lose all I gained back due to a damn car.

Chrysler Sebring Company Information