1.9/5 (39 ratings)
Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Auto Computer Exchange

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Auto Computer Exchange Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Computer Exchange?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Computer Exchange?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2009

I am an ASE certified technician, in which I am repairing my own personal vehicle (1992 Eagle Talon). An ASE master certified technician and I fully diagnosed the vehicle, in which the transmission control module was bad. I purchased a transmission control module from Auto Computer Exchange, in which I paid $125 and mailed in 2 cores. After numerous testing, the initial transmission control module appeared bad. Therefore, I contacted Auto Computer Exchange and was told to return the transmission control module, where I paid $20 in shipping charges. I received a replacement transmission control module, in which the module was bad.

Between June 15, 2009 to the present date, I have received at least 6 different transmission control modules from Auto Computer Exchange, in which only 1 semi-functioned properly. I even had the car towed to AAMCO and had an ASE certified master technician diagnose the vehicle on numerous occasions. Their prognosis was the transmission control module was bad. I immediately contacted Auto Computer Exchange once more and was requested to give them one last chance, which I complied. I received a new transmission control module, in which that module semi-functioned properly. I was frustrated and had the vehicle re-towed to AAMCO for another diagnoses, in which the prognosis was the same; the transmission control module was bad.

I immediately contacted Auto Computer Exchange and was notified that they did not have any additional modules in stock. Four days later, I received a phone call from Auto Computer Exchange, which they requested me to mail back one of the bad modules that I had. Once Auto Computer Exchange received the module, they contacted me and notified me that the returned module was un-repairable, and that I need to return the semi-functioning module.

Three days later, I received a transmission control module, which the module was semi-functioning in the exact same manner as the previous module. I immediately contacted Auto Computer Exchange and was told that the transmission control module was not the problem, especially since numerous and different modules have been mailed to me. In order to receive a refund, I would have to send them documentation of AAMCO's diagnosis to verify the vehicle's malfunction was indeed the transmission control module. After complying with Auto Computer Exchange's demands, I am being denied of a full refund ($125; $20 initial shipping charge, and 2 cores).

Auto Computer Exchange Company Information