2.98/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

AUL Corp Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

To start off their customer service is poor and their representatives are very quick to get hostile with you. Our vehicle has a cracked cylinder head due to manufacturer defect according to multiple mechanics. Representative on the phone straight up said that wasn't a valid reason and still need a reason. What? These people only care about your money and then after they get it you're pretty much on your own for all repairs on your car. Don't do business with these people. You can do better I promise.

AUL Corp response

Sarah, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with us; would you mind providing your contract number, so I can look into your concerns? Without having your contract to review, I can only give you a general answer. Most of our contracts offer coverage to the cylinder heads or block ONLY if they failed due to the failure of an internally lubricated part. However, if the failure is caused by a manufacturer defect, unfortunately, that type of failure is excluded from coverage. As I said, though, I can only speak in generalities without being able to review your specific claim. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

So far, my experience with AUL Corp has been all right. When I had two wheel bearings that went bad, I bought the parts and had a shaft replacement. They told me to email the receipt, which I did about maybe five days ago, but I haven’t gotten a response yet. My interactions with the claims rep were great though.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Daniel. Thanks for your comments, and I'm glad we could be there for you when you needed us. I do see that your current claim is in process, so please feel free to reach out to us with any questions.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought the drive train coverage for my 2001 Highlander, because of having to replace a transmission in my prior vehicle. I didn't want to face that expense again! When the Highlander began shifting late and metal shavings were found in the fluid, it was time to submit a claim. I simply provided the warranty paperwork to the repair shop. The repair shop contacted AUL and followed their instructions.

The entire process was completed without a hitch. When I picked up my vehicle from the repair shop I paid my deductible and the small portion that was not covered under the warranty and drove off. I called the repair shop to follow up with them about a week later and was told by them that they had received payment from AUL the same day I picked up my vehicle. The mechanic was very impressed with AUL and stated that this was the easiest and most professionally handled extended warranty claim he had ever processed. That seems like high praise coming from a mechanic who deals with all kinds of warranties on a regular basis.

AUL Corp response

Lynn, thank you for your comments! We try hard to provide a smooth claims experience - both for our customers and their repair shops. Happy motoring!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I purchased the most expensive contract that was offered. My engine went bad, I was told it would cost me 5k to diagnose just to let me know if it would be covered. It actually couldn’t have been any worse. Total scam in my opinion.

AUL Corp response

Good morning Nick. Can you provide your contract number or VIN? I would be happy to look into this claim for you. Thanks.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I was about to lose my regular warranty coverage so I got a service contract for my vehicle. I went into my dealer's finance office and the rep gave me a rundown on the AUL, and what should be better and how much I would like to pay for it to pay it off, and she set all that up. I got the bumper to bumper service contract, so if anything should happen, AUL is gonna get it taken care of. They were all very helpful. It’s a great company and they really take care of the customer.

AUL Corp response

Corey, thanks for the kind comments! I'm happy we could be there for you when you needed us; take care!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: July 16, 2019

My car has the best coverage on my vehicle, yet they wouldn't cover what the mechanics said was the problem with my car. I've been paying into AUL for four years now with not one complaint about my car, but now my motor mounts went bad on my car and they wouldn't cover them! I only have 73,500 miles on my vehicle now. The "inspector" said that the mounts weren't the problem, but my motor was moving from side to side. I will never buy AUL again. Had to pay out of pocket even though it should've been covered and I'm paying into it!

AUL Corp response

Good morning Malcolm. I was able to find your account in our system, and I have reviewed this claim. I will PM you with more details.

Original review: July 11, 2019

It took me forever for them to find my account. I finally speak to someone in your office and he promised to fax my info to Jeep dealer and he did nothing. I had to pay for the service to my car. Worst experience ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Antonio. I was able to find you in our system, and the only claim that I see is a roadside assistance claim. If this is the claim you paid out of pocket, then please forward the invoice to us, and we would be happy to reimburse you. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We work with local roadside assistance companies that each have their own protocols; however, they represent AUL, so we take concerns such as yours seriously. I will pass along your comments to them.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Worked with Autoworks here in Castro Valley. They diagnosed a faulty condenser which was leaking. Found a replacement for my car which is a GTO and pretty hard to find parts for. Service contract covered majority of the cost of work. Happy I chose the coverage.

AUL Corp response

Aljeron, thanks for your comments, and I'm happy we could help when you needed us!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I haven’t gotten anyone to contact me or be in proper communication with me since I signed a contract with you guys. No one has fixed my issue. I don’t know what else to write. Y’all should just call me lol.

AUL Corp response

Allison, I'm sorry if your experience has been less than what you expected. It looks like we did speak with your shop, but they were unable to demonstrate a failure. Unfortunately, with no problem found, there is nothing for us to cover at this time.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I am pleased with their service however, I wished they would of used an identical engine instead of one that dealership had to configure to operate in my make and model vehicle. I did not understand why the Adjuster would not speak to me the client, but, life goes on.

AUL Corp response

Amanda, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could get you back on the road!

AUL Corp Company Information