3.5/5 (324 ratings)

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About AUL Corp

AUL Corp. provides vehicle service contracts to help drivers with the cost of unexpected repairs. AUL Corp.’s service contracts are effective on the day of purchase, and you can get same-day payment on claims. AUL offers warranties for a variety of vehicles, regardless of year or mileage.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Covers new and used cars
    • Available in every state
    • Several deductible options

Cons

• Most VSCs can only transfer once
    • No pricing on website

Bottom Line

AUL Corp. offers a wide range of policies, but it doesn’t sell directly to consumers, so you can only buy through a dealership. AUL doesn’t handle payments either, so you’ll have to deal with your lien holder.

AUL Corp Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: May 11, 2022

The rep who helped me sign up was fine. Their cost is comparable to others.

Original review: May 10, 2022

The proper order for replacement was not available to me on your website. However, I have submitted one of the repairs preceding the replacement which should have been done outright but due to the arcane manner in which a repair has to be vetted, I had to pay for repairs that would not have had to be done had the engine replacement been done at first. The ability to contact anyone or receive a response is at best poor.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I had to pay out of pocket for the storage fee. Because I was in Buffalo, and the car was towed to a shop off the expressway. But AUL Corp reimbursed me for my towing. I will refer them.

Original review: April 26, 2022

When I took my car in for the valve cover, I was shocked. I didn't know I have to put a lot of money down for the repairs. I thought it was 100 and then they’d take care of the rest, but no.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

On 1/31/2022 I had my car towed to the nearest and efficient dealership Jimmy the Boxer service repair shop after it shut off on my fiance and child in the middle of the highway. The repair shop has broke down the vehicle to get the diagnosis to send to AUL and order the Motor. After a week AUL representative told Jimmy the Boxer repair department they're not paying and I can't have my car fixed there and I have to send my vehicle to the small dealership I brought it from that doesn't have a real service shop. Nobody has called me from AUL therefore, I had to call several times. One agent Destiny told me of living within 60 miles can't get it fixed at no other shop only at dealership where it came from. I told her first I don't live within 60 miles and it's doesn't state that on my extended Warranty Contact. Also, the dealership where I brought the car doesn't have a real repair shop. It was a small dealership located in a small area at a Mitsubishi Dealership.

On 2/4/2022 The AUL agent Destiny said ok and told me she will send an email and everything should be OK by 8pm. On 2/7/2022 Tyi the service manager at Jimmy the Boxer told me that AUL Claim department said a Supervisor told them I have to send my car to where I brought it from and this is after I already spoken to AUL on 2/4/2022. There hasn't been any agent or Supervisor that has called me nor left me a voicemail message. At this point AUL is causing stress on me and my family and preventing my car from being fixed right away. My family doesn't have any transportation and can't afford to have my car sit for another week without being repaired. I only had my car for 1 year and 4 months. This has been the worst experience I ever had with an extended warranty contract. It's going on two weeks since my car been in the shop and Jimmy the Boxer Service department is ready to fix my car and has the part for my car already ordered.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Bought this plan for a newly purchased vehicle, had the truck barely 3 month, threw a SES light. I was sold this as an extended warranty, upon taking truck to certified dealer all issues were denied, one was emission related, nothing with the emission system is covered, know this before you even think about getting this warranty. I also had a camera control module go bad, refused to cover it, due to the fact the manufacturer calls it a camera, yet I can’t just install it as it needs to be programmed and then once programmed calibrated to the vehicle. Useless warranty, customer service is pointless as the first person I talked to got me worked up, only to transfer me to her supervisor, to talk down to me, that I don’t know how to read a contract. Buyer beware, as to see your contract, as many items aren’t covered, which makes this a money grab.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I paid $2,600.00 for this warranty because they said it would cover my engine. FOUR times I called them and FOUR times they told me my engine WAS covered. Each time I had service to be done, they told the Service people my engine was NOT covered. My check engine light came on and was diagnosed as having misfires, requiring the piston rings to be re-ringed: DENIED. EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS IN MY PAPERWORK, THAT MY ENGINE WAS COVERED AND THERE IS NO EXCLUSION FOR MY ENGINE. AUL Warranties are a JOKE. MY vehicle is still not fixed. I am so far past disgusted it is NOT FUNNY. I WANT MY ENGINE REPAIRED or REPLACED (Which would be the cheapest thing to do). I WANT AUL TO HONOR THE WARRANTY THAT I PAID FOR. (SILVER). $2,600.00 is a lot of money to pay for a warranty that DOESN'T COVER THINGS THAT IT STATES THAT IT DOES COVER. I FEEL CHEATED. Most of all I DETEST LIARS.

Hello Ellen,

We reviewed your claim again and it has been denied due to the fact that no part has failed. The piston rings are aligned and have not worn past the manufactures specifications. If you would like to learn more about what your remaining coverage includes, please contact us at 800.826.3207. We are very sorry that your claim is not covered.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

For people who are gonna buy a car, it's always good to have a warranty, which is AUL. Having one is very helpful for your pockets and with the payment you're making, it's worth it because you never know. One day, you're going to have big car issues, and with this, you are covered. When you're trying to make a claim, you have to wait a bit longer, but other than that, it's fine. The package I chose covers everything. I already had some issues with the car and made a claim, and they said, "No, it was covered." I like the warranty so far. I also like the fact that AUL gave an option where I don't have to pay a co-pay, and when I call, the people are very helpful.

AUL Corp response

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

As far as we know, our mechanic received his payment per your insurance company. Everything seemed to go very smoothly. Thank you for your help. I will remember to read the coverage details very closely if I ever have a reason to use your company again. Mike and Nancy **

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

7 weeks to give ok for work. Then the bad motor was just patched. Rip OFF. Multiple lifters crushed. Think the cam and push rod are good. Not. Now new lifters old cam. You ruined the motor. This destroys the camZABY.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

I was gonna get the clutch looked at. But when the car was all apart, we were able to get the mechanic that was fixing it through AUL to put in the clutch. So all we had to do is the oil changes and I did that myself. AUL really helped me out. At first, I was freaked out. But after getting it all through, I'm completely satisfied with them helping me through the process.

AUL Corp response

Thank you for taking the time to do this review.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

2010 Chrysler Town & Country, warranty through AUL. I bought my car 9 months ago, and it needs a new engine. I keep it up to date on fluid changes. When something needs work, I do it as soon as I am able to. I've had to pay for 3 repairs out of pocket already. Now it needs a whole new engine, and AUL is refusing to cover it.

AUL Corp response

On your contract there is a number on the top right...can you send me that number?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

AUL Corp is great. Signup was easy and it has paid off. We've had to use them once and the claims process was simple. The certified mechanic made a couple calls and did that for me. I'm 100% satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

The power switch on my window wasn't working. So I called AUL and they got me in right away and fixed it. Everything went good. I was very pleased. I'm very happy with AUL.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I bought a 2011 convertible Mercedes E350. Knowing this was an older car and convertible tops may go bad I purchased the warranty to "cover the roof". Sure enough the roof got stuck, took it to the dealer, and AUL denied the claim. The hydraulic pistons leaked fluid and had to be replaced. The warranty contract specifically says "Seals and Gaskets" are covered. When I talked to AUL they put the part number in and it says convertible motor. And because the claim is denied, rental car coverage is denied. Awful awful. I can only think that this is a SCAM. But why would Mercedes deal with this type of company?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I needed the front axle repaired and everything went very well. It took a minute for the dealer to send in the paper, so I had to pay for the work myself and then AUL reimbursed me. It was really quick.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I have called and tried to have several things addressed on my vehicle. They always find ways to not cover. Was such a waste of money. My Calibers were not properly greased and caused my Rotors and pads to ruin. Because the caliber didn't fail then it isn't covered. It failed in not doing its job by wearing evenly.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Our five-year-old truck is going to be 100,000 miles very soon and we just haven't had to use AUL because we never had major problems at all. But we definitely need it in case something was to go wrong and you can't pay like an engine repair or transmission.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My car was in the shop. It was about a month before AUL would approve the claim for the motor to be put in. By then, I got the car back and we drove it for about four days, and then it tore up again, so it's back in the shop. But overall, AUL has been okay.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

My dad is in a car dealership business, so he's aware about the best coverage. When I told him that I needed something that was going to look out for me, he said he had a company that would work for me and he got me AUL Corp. He looked at what the policy would cover in the event something happens and said that they may be my go-to moving forward.

So far, they've been excellent. After I got my warranty, I started driving my car and it sounded like my gears wouldn't shift. I went to Nissan and they said they'd take a look at it. Then they called me back and told me that I had AUL Corp. I already had it in my mind that I was going to end up having to pay at least a couple of $1,000 but I paid them a deductible and they came through for me. Even though I didn't get to speak with them initially, the way that I was handled when I needed them to come through for me with the dealership was a breeze. I ended up needing a transmission and they took care of that. They also ended up taking care of the leak. But everything else that was maintenance, I took care of it. I would recommend AUL Corp. to everybody because of my experience. If anything was going to prevent me from not operating my vehicle at full potential, they would take care of it and I'm more than grateful.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for this positive feedback!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I purchased a 2018 Ford Explorer two years ago in Tennessee. The dealer gave me the extended warranty through AUL for close to $3000. I’ve never had to use it until now. Sunday my APIM went out. Screen and radio won’t work. The vehicle went into limp mode and check engine light came on. I was able to drive it the two miles back to my house at 10mph. Couldn’t call to file a claim until Monday. Was never able to get anyone on the phone Monday and finally got it towed to a Ford place on Tuesday to at least get the ball rolling.

The mechanic called today (Thursday) and said he spoke to my warranty company and they will only cover portion of what’s needed to fix my radio/screen issues and I would need to come out of pocket over $500 for that alone. He said I also need a grill shutter and throttle body which is what’s causing the check engine light and limp mode. In total I have to come out of pocket $2,145 to get my car back functioning properly on the road (given this came completely out of nowhere, my car was never noticeably running differently.) After extensively reviewing my contract agreement I called AUL and sat on hold for quite some time to get some sort of understanding on how the throttle body and grill shutter are not covered.

To my dismay the lady on the other end was apparently not happy with these questions and very aggressive with her responses. “A throttle body isn’t covered! It’s in section 8 letter L”. I try to explain that this states that ADJUSTMENTS to the throttle body aren’t covered but this isn’t an adjustment. It’s an entire replacement. “Yes well Throttle body isn’t covered in your plan”. I am trying to not get overwhelmed and still get some sort of answers from her so I move on to the grill shutter situation and said, "Okay well the grill shutter, I’m also wondering how that isn’t covered? My Estate coverage says it covers the radiator and the cooling group. But I’m not understanding how the grill shutter isn’t a part of that. It won’t open, if it doesn’t open my car will overheat causing way more damage than what just that costs." “It’s not in your plan ma’am is there anything else you need”.

So I move on to ask about a rental and she said they will reimburse up to 5 days. So I got off the phone and now I just want to CRY. I got the warranty that seemed to cover just about everything and have never used it. I have less than a 1000 miles left on it too. A full time job and two kids and no way from point A to point B and terrified to get a rental and pay for it and AUL decide not to reimburse that either then barely have the money to pay for the actual service and parts. Not to mention I live in Louisiana now and was just hit by hurricane Ida and we are still recovering from that. Two weeks without power and spending every dime on gas for the generator. I’m truly just at a loss for words right now. I have never had such a terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I was not given opportunity to be involved in my vehicle repairs or decisions. Car dealership handled everything. When I asked about details of repairs to my vehicle I didn’t receive any answers to my questions. I still have problems with my car, and at this point I am very unsatisfied.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Needed my air conditioning compressor replaced and a short time later needed the fan replaced. The repairs were covered with no issues or holdups, AUL dealt directly with the repair shop. We're very pleased with the service, would recommend to others.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. We truly do our best to take care of our contract holders. Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The dealer sold me the AUL contract and he told me about the specific details like how all the moving parts are covered. My car broke down and I just called someone to tow it up and get me to the dealer. The AUL reps were pretty responsive. I gave the dealer the AUL insurance number and he said that the thing that broke down was not covered. AUL's warranty is okay given the things that are covered. If those break, it's gonna be one hell of a cost so compared to that, the warranty is okay. You should go for AUL if you're buying a used car. For that, I would surely recommend them.

AUL Corp response

Thank you so much for your review. We do our absolute best to take care of our contract holders.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

When trying to file a claim the people doing my service said they could not be on hold for the 30 min wait when they called your number. I had to file a claim at a later date but any time I called there was a very long wait also. If you could hire more people to answer phones and process claims that would solve this issue. I am glad that after all is said and done you were able to cover some of the repairs. I probably would not get or recommend the AUL warranty contract again due to the inconvenience we had.

AUL Corp response

Thank you for the quick response. I will absolutely pass along your feedback. Thanks again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

AUL has been extremely easy to deal with when I have had claims. Their customer service is miles above par when it comes to processing repair claims. I have recommended them to countless friends and acquaintances when asked about used car warranty contracts!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

When I purchased the plan I asked specifically if it covered sensors, and was told it did. My speed sensor went out causing the ABS, traction control, and trailer breaking light to come on in my '16 GMC Canyon. AUL informed me that this is not covered. Save your money, they will not cover cost. A sensor should not be considered a maintenance wear part like brakes would be.

Original review: July 28, 2021

At first, I was told that there was a bunch of work that I would have to pay for before the warranty would cover anything. But then, AUL said they’d take care of it for me. I paid $1,600 and then a $250 deductible for $3,200 worth of work. The extended warranty was worth the money. So overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I purchased a 2011 Cadillac CTS from Sac River Auto in Davis, CA on April 26, 2021. At the time I purchased the car, I also bought the extended warranty to cover any issues that came up. There is no future start up date listed on this warranty application so no time limitations in my estimation. I took the car to the Cadillac dealership in Chico, CA to get a new fob and have it paired with the car (the one that came with it was in sad shape). Unfortunately, the service engine soon light had come on and I had them go ahead and check it out. They needed to replace a couple of valves that were leaking, and all 4 motor mounts are broken. A $2500 fix.

The dealership contacted AUL and they said since the contract was so new, they wouldn't cover any of the problems with this car. I did purchase it AS IS, but it was my understanding that an extended warranty, that has been bought and paid for, as part of the purchase of a vehicle was good for the duration of the contract - no matter what the timeline. I realize that I have not had the car very long, but did not anticipate any issues this early in the process. I live on a fixed income and this is quite a hit.

Original review: April 13, 2021

It was very difficult to deal with both the dealership and AUL. They both wanted to point fingers at each other saying, “We can't do this because it's the other one's problem." I finally ended up having to call and get both of them on with me instead of one call and saying one thing, and then the other call, it saying a different thing. And I'm paying for a warranty. For one, I shouldn't have to worry myself about that. They should be able to work that out between themselves. The warranty process was hard to deal with. I was very dissatisfied with the whole process. But AUL went above and beyond. Because when I bought the truck, the family that I bought it from, they weren't with the gentleman when he purchased the truck. So they didn't hear the dealership say that you had to take it back to the same dealership to have it serviced.

I took it to a different dealership, to one that was quite a bit closer to me. AUL did warranty the truck at a different dealership within 60 miles of the previous dealership. But the only reason that they did that was because of me being told by the person that I bought the truck from that I could take it to any Ford dealership, they would warranty the truck.

Then when AUL told the dealership that they wouldn't deal with the dealership anymore, that it had to be taken back to the previous dealership, they called me with a bill, saying that I had a $175 diagnostic fee. Then I was going to have to have it towed to the other dealership because the truck wouldn't run. I finally got ahold of somebody at AUL. They ended up warrantying it because there was going to be that fee. Because I point-blank asked, “Who's gonna pay?” because I was told one thing. I had to go through the whole process of getting the warranty transferred over into my name. I asked the agent that I dealt with, “I'm taking the truck to this dealership. Is that okay?” She said, “Yes, that would be no problem.” So, when I called back and I spoke to the supervisor to get that all worked out, they did warranty it at a different dealership.

AUL Corp Company Information

1990
    Formerly Named:
    1250 Main Street, Suite 300
    Napa
    Fax:
    www.aulcorp.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: