2.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Looking to obtain a service contract for your vehicle? Whether you own a new or used vehicle, AUL Corp provides service contracts for your vehicle in case you have unexpected repairs that need to be made down the road. At AUL Corp, we offer service contracts that are effective on the same day they are purchased as well as same-day payment on claims. Visit our website or call us today to learn more about our services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

190 AUL Corp Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 16, 2019

My car has the best coverage on my vehicle, yet they wouldn't cover what the mechanics said was the problem with my car. I've been paying into AUL for four years now with not one complaint about my car, but now my motor mounts went bad on my car and they wouldn't cover them! I only have 73,500 miles on my vehicle now. The "inspector" said that the mounts weren't the problem, but my motor was moving from side to side. I will never buy AUL again. Had to pay out of pocket even though it should've been covered and I'm paying into it!

AUL Corp response

Good morning Malcolm. I was able to find your account in our system, and I have reviewed this claim. I will PM you with more details.

Original review: July 11, 2019

It took me forever for them to find my account. I finally speak to someone in your office and he promised to fax my info to Jeep dealer and he did nothing. I had to pay for the service to my car. Worst experience ever.

AUL Corp response

Good morning, Antonio. I was able to find you in our system, and the only claim that I see is a roadside assistance claim. If this is the claim you paid out of pocket, then please forward the invoice to us, and we would be happy to reimburse you. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We work with local roadside assistance companies that each have their own protocols; however, they represent AUL, so we take concerns such as yours seriously. I will pass along your comments to them.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Worked with Autoworks here in Castro Valley. They diagnosed a faulty condenser which was leaking. Found a replacement for my car which is a GTO and pretty hard to find parts for. Service contract covered majority of the cost of work. Happy I chose the coverage.

AUL Corp response

Aljeron, thanks for your comments, and I'm happy we could help when you needed us!

Original review: July 6, 2019

I haven’t gotten anyone to contact me or be in proper communication with me since I signed a contract with you guys. No one has fixed my issue. I don’t know what else to write. Y’all should just call me lol.

AUL Corp response

Allison, I'm sorry if your experience has been less than what you expected. It looks like we did speak with your shop, but they were unable to demonstrate a failure. Unfortunately, with no problem found, there is nothing for us to cover at this time.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I am pleased with their service however, I wished they would of used an identical engine instead of one that dealership had to configure to operate in my make and model vehicle. I did not understand why the Adjuster would not speak to me the client, but, life goes on.

AUL Corp response

Amanda, thanks for your comments; I'm glad we could get you back on the road!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AUL Corp?

Original review: June 24, 2019

Recently bought a car with the AUL service contract supposedly covering 36000 miles or 3 years. We have had so many issues with the car it’s ridiculous. Engine problems, axle problems, you name it. And every time we try to make a claim they find a way to get out of it. Recently we’re having an engine seizing problem and they refused to cover it due to “lack of maintenance” because we couldn’t provide records of oil changes that happened out of state. Terrible customer service with no sympathy, please do not get a warranty with them if you are buying a car. Save yourself the headache.

AUL Corp response

Francheska, thanks for you comments. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this for you? Thanks.

Original review: June 24, 2019

When I purchased my Chevy traverse the dealership suggested that I add in an extended warranty through AUL, and they provided fantastic customer service. Being a single mother I thought it was a good idea. At the FIRST SIGN of trouble, NO ONE at AUL wants to help me! I was stranded 4 hours away from home, while taking my daughter to the hospital! The first rep stated that my warranty would cover the cost of this repair. The dealership that the car is at, said that it's only covering PART not even HALF of the repair cost! I called AUL again, to see if the dealership was honest with me, because of reviews on said dealership. Not only are they not honoring the warranty I have, there was NO ONE that would help me! I would not recommend this company for extended warranty, because when you need them, they won't cover what is supposed to be covered!

AUL Corp response

Sabrina, thanks for you comments. Would you please send me your contract number or VIN, so I can look into this claim for you? Thanks.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I got a bumper-to-bumper coverage from AUL but I'm gonna cancel it because they're making me return the vehicle to only one dealership to get work done. This is outrageous. It's a 20-minute drive from my house. There's a dealership that's close by that they will not let me go to.

Hello Christopher
If taking your vehicle to the dealership where you purchased is to much of an inconvenience, you are welcomed to take your vehicle to any licensed repair shop of your choice. We only ask that the repair shop call with a diagnosis and estimate before any repairs are made.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I felt like getting a service contract for my vehicle was a good idea, and since AUL was offered at the dealership, I went with it. The salesperson was cool and they weren't overly pushy. I got coverage for the engine and transmission, as well as smaller things. It's not 100% bumper-to-bumper but they've fixed everything I needed fixed on the vehicle. I've had to contact them a couple of times to get my vehicle towed, then whenever I take my vehicle to the dealership, the dealership calls AUL, making sure it's covered under the service contract. And it has been good for me so far.

AUL Corp response

Christopher, thanks for your comments; I'm happy we were able to be there for you when you needed us!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Paid $4500 for the extended warranty. Almost year later my transmission went out, and they won’t even cover half the bill. So now I’m stuck with the $4500 upfront bill and more than half the repair bill. Would not recommend AUL!!

AUL Corp response

Hi Casey, thanks for your comments. I was able to look up your contract and claim in our system. Your particular contract has component-specific limits of liability - meaning, it has a maximum amount that it will pay out depending on the component that failed. In your case, AUL paid everything that we could toward the repairs needed. I'm sorry we could not help more; however, we did fully honor the terms of the contract.

AUL Corp Company Information