4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

Before you decide to ship, call AmeriFreight today. The AmeriFreight team would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweetens the deal.

PROS

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Free quotes
  • Discounts available

CONS

• Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews

04/11/2019

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

04/25/2019

Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time.

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and they provide discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1050
HoustonSpokane$1250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as their gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

2420 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 19, 2019

I was moving cross-country so I needed to ship my vehicle. I liked the website of AmeriFreight, they have a lot of information about the process. And then when I talked to their rep, he explained everything that made me feel comfortable with my decision. At the receiving side and the other side, the driver stayed in contact with me, as well. I enjoyed doing business with AmeriFreight.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I lived in Nashville, Tennessee and I left my car with somebody because they didn’t have one. So when they had the money to buy their own vehicle, I was going to fly over there and drive it back. Then someone told me about getting it shipped. So I looked up different ways to ship online and I got it shipped back here, to California, by AmeriFreight. They were getting it back to me sooner and the person I was on the line with was so helpful and detail-oriented, more so than the other companies' representatives. That really helped in my choosing them. She also did the organization and she was awesome.

In setting up the process for delivering my car, the rep was straight up with me. He told me the time the transport was gonna take. Then I had to give a different quote at the last minute because I didn’t know I needed the car sooner. So he was great. He right away got on a different schedule and told me when it was gonna arrive then it actually arrived three days before. It was pretty awesome. He was such a great guy. He definitely deserves praise. The driver was also a great and really nice guy. Apparently, his big rig broke down on him so he had to use a personal vehicle to haul my car from Nevada. He hitched it the rest of the way over to me. So that was awesome. We’re both Christians and I talked to him for a long time. It went really good overall.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I liked the guy I dealt with at AmeriFreight. He helped me out with all that stuff. I bought a golf cart and had it shipped from West Virginia to Kansas City. The whole process took four days and whoever did it, did it within the DOT regulations. They got here pretty quickly.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I was moving cross-country from Washington, DC to San Diego and I needed shipping for my vehicle. AmeriFreight had decent reviews on Yelp. Harry is the guy who was working with us, he would follow up with us. He was really good. He called me before and after. He called me recently to follow up, and I just haven't got back to him. I took advantage of their free quote option, and the quote I got seemed good. On the delivery day, there was some miscommunication. And the delivery was a few hours late. One of the previous people that was being dropped off would not start. The delivery driver stayed to help get it going. But there wasn't a phone call, so we were kind of waiting.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I purchased a vehicle, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to make the 24-hour drive down here. So, I had already heard about AmeriFreight as a broker through a couple of friends who have had a lot of vehicles shipped across the country. And I knew that they would work to find me the fairest price for that kinda distance. They had my vehicle shipped from South Jersey to Dallas. I used their free quote option and I called the transport organizer after I received the quote, and he kind of broke down what he’d be doing for me. And then, he called me when he found a carrier, and he called me after the vehicle arrived.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I needed to fly home and my car was in Florida. I liked the way AmeriFreight handled things. I was quoted 750, and it ended up being 1,150. The carrier driver was very nice and knowledgeable. He picked up my car on a Friday and it was in Massachusetts by Monday. And I was very satisfied with that timeframe.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I saw AmeriFreight had good reviews online, so I took a shot. The quote that they gave me was pretty decent. I had an awesome experience with their rep. I also had a really good interaction with the driver and the vehicle was delivered in perfect condition.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I originally tried to ship my car from my home to college with multiple other companies, but none of them ever showed up. I saw AmeriFreight was really, highly ranked, and they owned up to it. They were great with communication. They called and emailed, and they answered very promptly. Also, the people who picked up and dropped off my car were great.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was bringing my car back from Florida to my home. I put the information out there, then different places contacted me. AmeriFreight gave me a quote at that time, and I didn’t look at the others, because it was in the range that I had paid when I took my car down to Florida. The AmeriFreight transport organizer was great. I got nervous a couple of times thinking, “Was this gonna happen?” And I called and he assured me it would. And I think I was one of the first people he called when my time came up. The driver was wonderful. He came when he said he was gonna come and did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Everything was great.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I needed to ship my vehicle to my brother in Florida. There wasn’t an urgent need to ship it and have it arrive by a certain day, but I needed it to get down there. I contacted a couple of transport companies. AmeriFreight had a really good price. They also had excellent customer service. So, when I first requested the quote, they reached out to me almost immediately and then gave me an estimate. And the estimate was well below what the other company had provided, and they were able to deliver on the estimate. They ended up charging me a little bit more because I wanted them to pay the driver instead of having the driver paid at the destination. Still, it was probably $250 cheaper than the next quote.

They picked up the car the same day that I contacted them. It just so happened that there was somebody in town that was about to leave for Florida and they were on their way out of the city when I sent my request in. So, they accepted the price, and they were at my house a couple hours later and they picked up the car. It was crazy. They did a really good job. My specific agent was awesome. She was really polite and friendly, and knowledgeable, too. She explained to me the whole process, and it was exactly how she told me, so they came out exactly how she told me. They delivered on time. The car was in perfect shape when it got there, so there were no issues. It’s a really good experience. AmeriFreight was all over it.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I did a browser search and I called several service providers and talked to them and got feedback on how they did things and how they did their business. And AmeriFreight sounded like the most reasonable one for where I was and what I needed at the time. They explained everything and were very patient. I was very happy with them. The cost seemed to be standard. When I called around there wasn’t that big of a difference between the different transport companies. I got a chance to meet the driver when he came to pick my car up. He had a fairly new truck, and he said that was his own business.And since he owned it, I knew he was gonna do a good job.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The quote was spot-on. It was demand based and I paid a little more for a tighter schedule, but I was pretty satisfied with AmeriFreight overall. The driver was a true professional. 100% satisfaction guaranteed - outstanding coordination, speed and reliability. I personally recommended him for quality experience and I will use AmeriFreight again to coordinate with them.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I relocated from Seattle to Bay Area and needed to have my vehicle shipped. My friends recommend AmeriFreight. The people from AmeriFreight were very helpful. They helped me schedule the time for pick-up and drop-off. They are very responsive as well. The driver came on time according to our schedule, and he also safely transported my vehicle without any damage. Everything went very well. He did a very good job.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My experience with AmeriFreight was good. They made sure my car has arrived, and they delivered as they promised. I was moving from Maryland to California and I used them to have my car shipped because of their review online. The move was good. The quote I was given was good, and it was head-on. The transport organizer gave me some advice that the driver was gonna come within two to three days from the day I gave them to come out and pick up my car, and I was gonna receive a call ahead, which was an hour to the time he was gonna arrive, and then when he was gonna get to the destination, he was gonna call me an hour before he arrives. The carrier driver called me and he gave me an estimated time which he kept.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I bought a vehicle out-of-state, and I needed it shipped to me. I contacted a few outfits, and AmeriFreight seemed like the one that fit my needs the best. I was good with the quote that they gave me. It ended up being a little bit more, but I was anticipating that. The girl that I dealt with at AmeriFreight took really good care of me. The driver was very professional, and he took good care of my car. He got it to me safely, and I was happy with that. AmeriFreight was very professional and I was happy with their service.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The AmeriFreight rep sent me so many emails that I had to send her an email that said, “Stop. You’re annoying me. I’m still on the road.” I wasn’t that happy with her part of the service. AmeriFreight originally quoted us the best price. But we ended up paying more with them than anybody else quoted. The original quote was in the $900 range. It ended up being $1,300, which annoyingly had to be in cash or cashier’s check to the actual people doing the move. They also did not inform us that part of that was that we were paying them to contract with a different company to move our vehicle. They did nothing. They just went on the internet, as I could have done, and found a company to do it. They never explained that to me.

I had to call the rep every time I wanted a transaction. I called her to set it up and then she told me to send a couple of things. I waited, waited, and waited for three weeks, and then called her. She then told me that they wouldn’t even send me something till the week before. But on the week before our move came, there was nothing. I called them, and they told me that they have somebody there for me. So, their communication was terrible.

I interacted with the driver when they did the pick up, and it was amazing. They dropped off to my niece, and she said it was flawless. The actual person who moved our truck was an independent company. It was nothing to do with AmeriFreight. The company that moved my vehicle was excellent. They told us that I could just call them straight away next time and I would save 10%. Plus, I would’ve saved the 300 and something dollars that I paid AmeriFreight. Don't do business with AmeriFreight. They’re inefficient, expensive, and annoying.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My dad was relocating to Charleston. We used AmeriFreight based on some readings I've done around and on their reliability. The team at AmeriFreight was good relative to the questions and timing. It took a day and a half for the car to be delivered. It was a good experience. Everything went well for my dad.

Original review: June 5, 2019

AmeriFreight had reasonable pricing. But we used the free quote option online and then when we called, it actually went up. For a minute, we were confused from the quote they set online to the actual amount it was. It was a little disappointing but at that point, I had to do it because we were getting ready to leave. I was moving from one state to another. I shipped my vehicle from Florida to Arizona and everything went good with the transport organizer. But we had a little snafu where we had an original trucker who was supposed to come pick up my truck but he never called.

As soon as we got the actual driver, we reached out and wanted to talk to him and make sure that everything was good to go. But conversations went south because he never returned our call. We just figured out what was going on and we called AmeriFreight back to figure out which way we were gonna go. But it was getting to the point where they were trying to ask if we could leave our car with our neighbor. I didn't know my neighbor. Why would I wanna do that? I’m sure that AmeriFreight was just trying to work options out but none of the options was working for me or my wife.

I guess AmeriFreight was trying to call the driver too, and they did everything they could but it was getting down to hours and we were actually getting ready to depart. Then AmeriFreight came back and said the driver's truck broke. But the great thing would’ve been if the driver had called us back and let us know what was going on so we could definitely know what the hell was happening. At the time, it was just frustration between my wife, myself and with AmeriFreight.

At the end of the day, it worked out. AmeriFreight was pulling tricks out of their hat so we were able to get somebody who could take our truck from Florida to Arizona. But up to the minute of, it was really stressful on us because we were trying to figure this thing out. Other than that, the move went great. They picked the truck up on a Tuesday and I got it on Friday. We were already driving cross-country so we were already here in Arizona when the truck showed up. It was three days from the time I gave them the truck and when it arrived, everything was good to go with the vehicle.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was relocating on the job and to ship my vehicle, I chose AmeriFreight. I decided based on the reviews and when I talked to a customer care agent, the response was good. They were knowledgeable and they explained the process clearly. The quote was also good and very competitive. I got the carrier in a couple of days and then, my shipment was in the next week. So the total was one week and the driver was courteous and respectful. They went through the vehicle, identified all the scratches and let me know when it was going to be delivered. It was all good. The overall process was easy and I've recommended AmeriFreight to some of my friends.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I sent my car out to my son in Colorado and the experience with AmeriFreight was very good. I had done a little search, saw on the web some recommended places and picked AmeriFreight. Their quote was fair and pretty close to what everybody else was charging. Plus the office was very helpful and responsive. They kept me informed of the progress of where the driver was and how we could make arrangements to meet up. The driver was also very helpful and organized. Everything went smoothly and the car arrived on time and in good shape.

Original review: June 2, 2019

AmeriFreight had good pricing and it seemed reputable. I shipped my car from New Jersey to California and it was a good and pretty seamless process. I would do it again if I needed to. The quote that I was given was what I paid and it seemed fair or comparable to others. So I was happy with it. They let me know that the car would be picked up a day early and they asked if that was okay. They sent me text messages and when I reached out to see what the status was, they responded quickly. The car was also delivered a day early so that was good. And the car seemed fine. There weren’t any marks that I had noticed.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’m in the military and I got stationed somewhere else. I needed my vehicle and the process to have it shipped through AmeriFreight took a week and a half. I got a good quote and it was spot on. I got there a little late because the bank wasn’t ready to take out all the cash. So they waited a little bit longer but they were really patient with it. So they were very good. Although the driver wasn’t able to come to the base and drop the truck off from the base, he made it very easy for me to meet him to get my vehicle.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I needed to ship a car from Ohio to California and AmeriFreight had good customer service and a reasonable price quote. When I called them, they gave me a quote and they said they were gonna reach out to drivers and see what kind of interest they got. About a day later, they called me back and said they had found somebody. They put a bid in for like $50 over what the quote was and I accepted it. The driver was also courteous, efficient and very fast. As a whole, my experience with AmeriFreight was fast, efficient and easy.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I was looking for more than a week and a half for a company to ship my car. I made my own pros and cons list. And when I saw AmeriFreight, it seemed that they were genuine. I spoke to one of their representatives and he was pretty nice. At first, I was a bit upset because my call won't go through to that representative. And the moment it got through I was a bit aggressive, and I apologized for that. But at that moment, I had already shortlisted AmeriFreight, and I wasn't getting any information about it. Two days later, I couldn't even go back and research. I didn't have the time, so I kept calling them. And one day, I got a call back and the gentleman explained how apologetic he was. I told him my situation, and he was like, "Let's think about what we can do right now." He told me that he can guarantee whatever was promised and in a realistic way. At that moment, he made sense. He talked practically and rational.

I was in a really urgent situation kind of thing because I had my flight within three days. I couldn't delay it more. When I was in a moment of panic, I most of the time tend to be a little bit impolite. And I really apologized for that. The AmeriFreight rep was considerate about it and he helped me out. He taught me how to think straight. The entire sign-up process was within 15 minutes. He told me that within an hour, he would contact me if anybody has listed at anything. And within an hour, he got me three contacts. When we were shortlisting and during the call itself, he got some seven more. He told me that what would be the best case scenario for me. And it was really the best because it worked out.

The car came here on Wednesday night and I picked it up on Thursday. I did a good choice by choosing AmeriFreight. My experience with them has been very competitive as compared to other services. They excel in their quality of customer service and delivery on time. But the contact center needs to update its system because I tried calling, and it wouldn't just go through. I checked twice whether it was my network problem and it wasn't. But the representative provided, without a question, a satisfactory service.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I gave a car to my daughter and I used AmeriFreight to ship it to her. I like that they got back to me, their reviews were great, and I was pleased. I took advantage of their free quote option but I paid full price plus the AmeriFreight fees, so that didn't help at all. I paid 50% more and I ended up paying a lot more than I anticipated. Other than that, the transport organizer was fine. She got back to me at a reasonable time. I had to call back and forth a few times, playing phone tag and I'd get a recording, but it worked out fine. My experience was excellent overall.

Original review: May 25, 2019

AmeriFreight is a very helpful company. I contacted them three months prior to using their services and over a course of a month, the woman that was working with me was calling to make sure I was still interested, what information could she offer to make the decision easier to go with their company or just given me all the pointers that I thought I would’ve needed in order to transfer the car. I was giving my vehicle to a family member and their customer service and price was what made me choose them. At the end of everything, I had a $10 off from the original quote that I got. The transport organizer gave me constant reports on when he was going to pick up the car and when he arrived there, the same for drop-off. The process took two days and the vehicle was in actual condition when my family member got it.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I’m in the military and PCS so I needed to ship my vehicle from San Diego to Miami. I googled transport companies and found AmeriFreight. The quote I requested came close to the final transaction total. The carrier on the day of the delivery said that something was wrong with the truck so I ended up staying in Miami for more than one day and having to get a hotel. It was kinda inconvenient as well ‘cause I was alone and I’m traveling too so I had to report on orders. The next day he came and said that he was still having problems with the truck. He was trying to get me to meet him in a more northern location but I live in Key West so I didn’t wanna go more north to Miami ‘cause I was having to drive more and that was the point of me paying a certain price so that way I can have it delivered.

Once I finally agreed upon location with him, he was saying that he has other customers and that he can’t go out of his way because he was given a day. Then, he kinda went to lengths. I know they have 48 hours upon the day they give to deliver but I felt like he was pushing it a little bit and then the fact that I was being rushed 'cause they threatened me at the time that they would leave my car. They coulda given me a little bit more time. I was also trying to take out money from the bank and I was having some issue. If the car had been delivered on time, I woulda had that exact amount. It was just weird.

The transport organizer let me know that this was a good carrier and that it had 100% ratings. I’ve had other carriers giving me a little bit more grace ‘cause I am a young woman traveling alone so it was kinda hard for me. If I pay somebody $1,000 to deliver a car, I expect a good service. He was unprofessional and I was very upset. I let AmeriFreight know about it. I asked them about the car and I was trying to get updates and the trying to see about the carrier. Honestly, the carrier kept communicating with me except near the end that I got annoyed with the delivery. But I don’t wanna blame AmeriFreight for the carrier. I already paid and got my car.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was moving from Orange County, California to Atlanta, Georgia. I went with AmeriFreight because their quote was good. They gave me a really low quote, and they did a good job finding me that low price. But all-in-all, I was pretty happy. Their quote was much lower than what the actual price ended up to be. Their customer service people were pretty good but they were a little bit pushy. I wanted my company to pay for the move, but AmeriFreight was really pushy about me committing and putting down a deposit. I ended up having to pay for it out of pocket, and then, billing my company later because they made me feel like all these spots were going instantly and I wouldn’t have a spot on the truck if I didn't commit.

I shipped two cars. The first one was shipped through AmeriFreight and then the next one was through Acme Moving Company. I like Acme a lot better because they were much more upfront with what the cost was gonna be, which was more expensive. With their attention to detail and level of customer service, I felt like they basically narrowed down the drivers even more so. They weren’t so concerned with price. They were more concerned with quality. With Acme, they were like, “No worries. We’ll get you hooked and taken care of. No problem.” And it was within a very short time period. I didn't have to stress out about the time or how much time I had. There wasn’t any sort of urgency or mystery to when the truck was gonna show up, whereas a little bit more of a mystery with AmeriFreight.

AmeriFreight were a little bit more like, “I need all these windows, like three-day window,” as opposed to, “They could come on Saturday.” It felt like things were much more up in the air with AmeriFreight. But the rep that I dealt with did a really good job. She totally sold me on it. The car was delivered timely and there was no issues. So, I was generally satisfied.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was moving from New Jersey to Washington state. AmeriFreight got a rating from the website that I went to and they were the first ones I called. The quote they gave was fine and seemed reasonable. The woman I dealt with, Samantha, was good. If I had a question, I called back and she was right there to answer it for me. She checked up after the transaction and everything was great. The carrier driver was professional as well. We both looked over the vehicle very carefully and he drove it off on the day of the delivery and it was quite pleasant. The process took eight days total from when I called. The broker had gotten somebody quickly on the same day so that was pretty impressive. AmeriFreight did a great job without a lot of fuss and a lot of muss. I'm glad that it worked. It was minimal and effective. I'm happy to say that I had a good experience. I would recommend them and use them again myself.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased a car from my brother-in-law and I transported it from California up to Washington. I had contacted a number of different companies because I wanted to get the best price. When I got contacted by AmeriFreight, I reached out back to them and that's when I got the dispatcher guy and things started moving. He was very helpful. I told him the ballpark amount that I was willing to spend and he found me something very close to what I was looking for where others were higher.

It's an older car and I'd wanted covered transportation. A couple drove a trailer up and they were very cordial and professional. They did a good job. They also got there earlier than anticipated which was a positive. On the day of the delivery, we backed the car out and then went around and the driver pointed out some things that were on the car, like scratches before it was loaded. I had been anxious because I wanted the car to arrive here in good shape but all my needs were satisfied. The process took a week and the transport organizer was great as well. My experience with him was very smooth. He knew kinda what I was looking for and he kept me abreast of where things were at. He was good and very professional. The whole experience was very good and I was very happy. It was less stressful than I had anticipated.

AmeriFreight Company Information