2. Auto Transporters

4.4/5 (241 ratings)

About AmeriFreight

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: price, quality and safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

Pros

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Discounts available

Cons

• Deposit required

Bottom Line

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweeten the deal.

AmeriFreight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: July 19, 2021

As for AmeriFreight, the experience was satisfactory. Harry ** was pleasant to talk to. He explained that the company operates as a broker and the transport jobs are put out to bid. Xpress Transport Inc of Hialeah did the actual hauling and they were not satisfactory. Talked a good game, friendly text messages and friendly driver. But they were hard on the car, didn't show when promised, didn't communicate when late and even lied about when they finally did arrive to deliver the car. Experience started with a cloud of smoke coming out from under the car as he abused the clutch putting the car up the trailer ramp. In between he was a no show/no call on promised date of delivery and no show/ no call on next day.

Finally responded that he'd had truck problems and asked if he could deliver next morning early. I said fine but has to be by 7:00-- so my daughter wouldn't be late for her new job. He says fine, no problem. Next morning it's 7:45 and my daughter is still waiting: no show/no call. I called the owner who says call the driver. My daughter then sees him driving up. He claimed he'd been there for 30 minutes.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Initial quote for my two cars was significantly lower than final price: $1600 vs $2400 (after fees and taxes). Overall process was very smooth and I have been in contact with my car shipment agent. A week before my target ship day we had an offer which was way over initial quote.

Original review: July 19, 2021

It was a terrible experience start to finish. In the end my vehicle was delivered with a knick in the window on the passenger side. I was rushed to sign for delivery and hadn't notice the knick when I walked around (rushed and asked to sign due to other deliveries). I called and could get in contact with NO ONE at the company or carrier about my vehicle and paid hundreds out of pocket on my own to get it fixed. Would never recommend - overpriced, no accountability, difficult to get in contact with. What's the point of saying you're bonded and insured if you dodge people and show no accountability when your chosen carriers ruin people's vehicles and you stick your customers with the bill. I would never trust them or their judgment.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Automobile passenger car transport from CA to IL. Excellent communication, timely documentation, very efficient. Reputable trucking transport company provided the transport. AmeriFreight provided accurate information regarding the fees involved so there were no surprise costs when working with the trucking company. I would highly recommend AmeriFreight to a friend for passenger car transportation needs.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Priced and Bait.... Originally quoted $700... Invoice was for closer to $1200. Person didn't provide accurate information at any point along the line. Didn't know when the car would be picked up, didn't understand the shipping process and didn't provide information along the way. Good news was that I had the shipping company's number and they were very responsive. I typically provided your agent and her manager with shipping info. The transport company was actually excellent and there were no damages to vehicle.

I've shipped cars previously and this was by far my worst experience. No excuse for not communicating, falsifying the price quote and providing bad information. I get it that the price can be a little variable and not guaranteed and there is a little wiggle room in delivery times, but had I not had the number of the actual carrier, it would be a total bust. I typically don't comment on bad experiences as I understand sometimes things don't go as planned, but this is a case where the representative was poorly trained and the supervisor when she called was abysmal.

Original review: July 18, 2021

AmeriFreight was superb to work with! Very communicative and clear in their terms. The drivers they contract with were on time, friendly and professional. The AmeriFreight agent checked with me before shipment, after pickup and after delivery. I have used AmeriFreight before and will seek them out again first if I ever need to ship another vehicle.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Yolanda was honest and helped me out of a pickle when moving a truck filled with tools from Idaho to Nebraska. She did a great Job and AmeriFreight did what they said they would do. Thank You for the great service.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I will never recommend or use Amerifrieght or Buya transportation to anyone. Sarah ** was my representative from Amerifrieght. What a rip off. Jack from Buya was very inexperienced at handling motorcycles. He wanted my help to push it up onto his car carrier. There wasn't a safe way to do it so he came back next day with a truck, two more guys, and some 2x4's. Still needed my help and didn't know to put bike diagonally to make fit. Strapped bike down with it on kickstand. When he arrived at location with bike, I had not gotten there yet. A friend received bike. All looked good and it went into garage.

Later I found out he took off windshield and handlebars and shipped it on the back of a pickup, up on his car carrier. I have pictures of all these events. Sarah called and asked how shipment went. I hadn't rode bike yet as my gear was still packed, so I went to move bike to barn. I discovered there was no front brakes. Completely gone. Called Sarah and all I got was crickets. No call back. I had purchased the gap insurance. I then called my insurance company and turned it over to them.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I had my car shipped from FL to CO. Car was delivered on time and in perfect condition. The driver kept me informed and provided great customer service. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to ship their car. The price was a little bit high, but there was high demand at the time.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Excellent Service, car was delivered on time. My car was picked up in Santa Fe, NM and delivered to Bradenton, Fl. The driver was very professional. He was on time and met me somewhere nearby because he couldn't get down the narrow street where I lived.

AmeriFreight Company Information