4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: Price, Quality and Safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

AmeriFreight also realizes no amount of customer service effort can compensate for failure to treat our carriers with respect; therefore, the team strives to offer the best employment opportunities and work environment.

As safety is central to every customer’s thought when shipping a vehicle, AmeriFreight offers the best possible protection through the industry standard AFta PLAN. This means your vehicle coverage goes above and beyond the limited plan provided by carriers.

Before you decide to ship, call AmeriFreight today. The AmeriFreight team would love to be your auto transport partner.

AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Video
AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweetens the deal.

PROS

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Free quotes
  • Discounts available

CONS

• Deposit required

Top AmeriFreight Reviews

04/11/2019

The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition … My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

04/25/2019

About AmeriFreight Auto Transport

AmeriFreight is an auto transport broker that works with a network of reliable carriers to help consumers transport their cars and other vehicles across the lower 48 states, Canada and a few other select locations. AmeriFreight offers a price guarantee so the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. AmeriFreight also offers several discounts, so be sure to ask if you qualify for any of them. AFta gap insurance covers unexpected damages, so customers can have peace of mind knowing their car is covered.

AmeriFreight cost

AmeriFreight notes that costs range from $495 to $1,300 to ship a sedan on open transport. Looking at the numbers on Amerifreight’s site, we estimate the average cost of a cross-country auto transport is about $935. Several factors will affect the cost, like the season, vehicle condition, vehicle size, distance traveled and popularity of the route.

You can use AmeriFreight’s rate calculator on their website to get a better idea of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle. AmeriFreight also has a chart listing estimated prices for several popular routes, and they provide discounts for military, first responders, students and seniors.

AmeriFreight car shipping estimates

PickupDropoffCost
Washington, DCFort Lauderdale$750
AtlantaLos Angeles$850
San FranciscoNew York City$1050
HoustonSpokane$1250

AmeriFreight car shipping options

AmeriFreight ships to the contiguous United States, Canada and select international locations. AmeriFreight can also ship trailers, RVs, motorcycles and boats. You can choose to go with enclosed shipping for cars that need additional protection. Door-to-door shipping is AmeriFreight’s most popular option due to its convenience — this means your car will be picked up at its current location and dropped off exactly where you want it.

AFta gap insurance plan works to cover up to $1000 in damage for major events or up to $400 for minor damage. Lost keys and rental reimbursement required in the case of delayed deliveries are also covered. As long as the issue is reported within 48 hours of delivery, the AFta gap insurance should be able to cover it.

AmeriFreight shipping process

AmeriFreight details the auto transport process on their website. Remember, your car must be cleared of all belongings before shipping.

1. Get a quote from AmeriFreight
  2. Confirm your order online
  3. Make your initial deposit
  4. Prep car and check car condition
  5. Pick up vehicle at pre-determined location
  6. Inspect vehicle for damage

Do we recommend AmeriFreight?

We like AmeriFreight’s transparent pricing as well as their gap insurance that covers your car in the event of unexpected damages. AmeriFreight reviews mention a smooth auto transport process and, since that is what most consumers are looking for when transporting a car, we recommend using AmeriFreight.

2364 AmeriFreight Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

I move back and forth from Colorado to Florida every year, so I just get my car transported. For my recent move, I looked up several companies and I felt that AmeriFreight's pricing was fair, so I went with them. My interaction with their rep was pretty good. I struggled a little bit towards the end as she didn’t wanna believe me where I told her the car was and where the driver was supposed to meet me. She didn't believe that the truck wasn’t gonna scratch anything or anybody else’s vehicle getting in. But finally, they got it worked out, so it was okay. From start to finish, it took five weeks to have everything set up. But the transport was quick as it took three days. When working with AmeriFreight, you’re not just dealing with them but you’re dealing with whoever they contract out with to pick up and deliver your vehicle. So, that is the biggest thing off at first that you’re not aware of. But other than that, everything was fine about my experience.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I was moving from Maryland to California and needed to ship my vehicle. I liked AmeriFreights competitive pricing and reputation so I went with them. The rep whom I worked with, Samantha, was available for me when I needed. Though I scheduled the move way in advance as it was my first time shipping, it was a busy season so there was nothing right away. Still, we got the initial information and as I got closer to the date of the move, she was right on point with letting me know who had accepted the offer. Even after completion, she called to check up to make sure that everything was all right. The date that the carrier driver told me he would be there, he was there. He reached out to me a day before to let me know he was there so I would be there to pick it up. Though the vehicle was dirty from travel when I got it, it was fine.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I was moving cross country for a military move and decided to work with AmeriFreight to ship my vehicle. I took advantage of their free quote option. Their transport organizer was very professional and since I was in an army base, they gave me discounts. The delivery took about 7 to 10 days but still, the vehicle was delivered on time.

Original review: May 2, 2019

We moved out of state and between driving a moving truck and my car with the kids in it, I didn't have anyone to drive the other car. AmeriFreight had good reviews and when they gave me free quotes, they were reasonable. Then they called me to confirm the quote and asked me pick-up and drop-off information. They let me know when a transporter was found, when they were coming and when to expect everything to be delivered. They also told me about payment and explained everything very clearly to me. AmeriFreight was very good to the point where my mother is moving out of state soon as well and she's probably going to use them for her vehicle transport as well. So we were very happy with them. We had never done anything like this before and it went as smooth as possible.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was moving and I was looking for an affordable way to ship my cars. I didn't wanna go with just the regular moving companies out there that would contract with a dozen different shipping companies to move my cars across the country, so I did a Google search. I found AmeriFreight and I decided to go with them. Their reps were very helpful if you needed them. You call them and they were there.

During the transport, the original carrier that was gonna transport my Hyundai was supposed to come in the afternoon on a certain day and they didn't come. I was calling and nobody wanted to help me. Then I called the local carrier. They never heard of me and they said they'd be there in two days. But they were supposed to come that day. So, I called back to AmeriFreight and they found another local provider to pick it up the next morning. And they did that.

Other than that, the quote for my Infiniti, which I had shipped on an enclosed carrier, was right on the money. It was 2,000 bucks. On the other hand, the quote for the Hyundai was originally $1,000, then it ended up being $1,300 because they could not find anyone willing to take it for a $1,000. In the end, both cars were shipped and delivered on time, so I had no complaints on that. Also, AmeriFreight was very easy to deal with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was moving residences and AmeriFreight could get me the cheapest rate. I went with them and though their quote doubled a bit, it was still a reasonable amount for what I was gonna pay 'cause I had to pay a dispatcher and then the actual driving person. Their rep was very communicative, answered all my questions and was pretty professional. Thereafter, their driver gave me his information, told me how long the move was gonna take him and when to expect him. He said he would text me before he got to the destination and let me know where he was. Five days later, the vehicle got to me in the condition I delivered it in. Overall, I had an excellent experience with AmeriFreight. People should make use of the free quote to make sure they're getting a fair price. If they are, they should definitely use AmeriFreight.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was giving my car to my daughter and I needed to ship it to her. I looked at the ratings on the Better Business Bureau and decided to go with AmeriFreight. The quote that they gave me was low, but we came to an agreement. The rep I dealt with was very good and he did a wonderful job in helping me schedule the pickup and delivery. The driver was very good, too. He let me know when he was gonna be there and he took care of the car. The whole transport took three days at the most and I'm very pleased all the way around. My daughter was very happy as well when the car was dropped off.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I liked AmeriFreight's timing and how they could get my vehicle shipped when I wanted. I went with them and the quote they gave me was good. Though I didn't think it was an extreme price, it went up a bit at the end of the move. Still, it was expected and the organizer whom I worked with was courteous and professional. I was already driving across the state when they picked up my vehicle but they were accommodating and they allowed one of my good friends to be there for them to pick it up. Also, though their driver didn't speak any English, I was notified via text message when he was about to deliver. The antenna of my vehicle was broken upon arrival but it's an old truck so it's no big deal.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We were transferring a vehicle to my son in the navy. We liked AmeriFreight's price, which was the big consideration, and we also liked the way they handled the whole transaction. Our interactions with their rep was awesome. Her name was Samantha and she did a great job. AmeriFreight responded quickly, put the car up for bid, and got a quick answer. So, we didn’t have to sit around and wait a long time. They have a good network of drivers to use and the whole transport took two days. The quote they gave us was also spot-on and the carrier was a nice father-son duo. They had a nice truck and they took good care of the car.

Original review: April 28, 2019

We did some research online and got some quotes. The quote that we got from AmeriFreight was reasonable and the timing of schedule for delivery was right in line with what we were looking for. So, we went with them. We called to set up and they gave us the driver’s number. Then, the driver made contact a couple days before he was gonna be in the area to make arrangements for where we’d drop off the car. I went and dropped off the car with him and he was awesome. He was also very thorough and he explained how it was going, checked the car out thoroughly, gave me all the paperwork, and told us when he would be in California with the car. Then, we were told he would reach out the day before to arrange for pick-up and it was terrific.

The initial quote went up a little bit in the end and initially, the quote was more than we thought it was gonna be to ship a car to California, but it was fairly comparable to competitors. Also, there was no damage on the car when it arrived and it was a great experience overall. The process was perfect, very easy, and reasonable. So we were very pleased with the service provided.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I'm navy military and when I moved, I needed to ship my vehicle from Virginia to San Diego, California. AmeriFreight gave me a fair quote and they kept on communicating back on time. If I had questions, they worked around the schedule with my husband deploying. On the day of delivery, the carrier driver informed me that he was stuck in traffic and had other things that he had to take off his other vehicles. And I was okay with it. All in all, AmeriFreight was great and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I was relocating for work and the online reviews of AmeriFreight looked good to me. I took advantage of their free quote option and went with them. When I booked, I was told that the guy had door to door service near me. But when he arrived in San Francisco, I was just given the dealer's office where they offloaded the vehicle. It was far from my place. That was an issue and it wasn't resolved. Apart from that problem, the interactions I had with them were smooth.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I needed to ship my vehicle for a military PCS move. AmeriFreight had the best reviews and the quote they initially gave me seemed reasonable. We didn’t shop around too much, but their quote seemed in line with everything else. Harry, the transport organizer, was very diligent and did a great job. He called us back a bunch of times throughout the process with different quotes and kept us updated. We appreciated that. My wife said that both persons who picked up and dropped the car were very sweet and on time. We were given a two-hour window each time for the pick-up and drop-off. The vehicle was dropped off at an appropriate time.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a car in California and I needed it shipped to where I live in West Virginia. AmeriFreight seemed to have the best price. The layout of their website seemed the most user-friendly and they just seemed to be the best bet when I was looking at stuff. I was given an online quote on the spot versus having to call somebody and that was another selling feature.

The quote changed in the end but it didn't go up much. The initial quote was in the 900s, which was why I initially called them, and then the end up quote went up a couple of hundred bucks. But that was probably because it was specific for the actual people doing the driving. The guy I dealt with, Richard, was awesome. He was very knowledgeable and he explained everything to me. He said it would've been cheaper if I would've waited a couple of weeks, but I was trying to get the car then. We had some communication issues with the shipping company and the way they were doing the order, shipping and communication stuff seemed very loose.

There seemed to be a mix-up on the shipping end itself. I was supposed to pick the car up at a side of the road dealer and I was making sure it got done correctly. I bought the car blind so I told my salesman that I needed to make sure that the car gets loaded correctly. They had to ship my car from outside San Francisco up to L.A, then the car got loaded somewhere else from there and it was taken across the country. That leg of the trip was the questionable part. It seemed confusing and frustrating at the time, but Richard was on his game. I called him then he asked me to give him a few minutes. He called me back and said he talked to someone who would talk to the driver. He also gave me an update.

Once the car got put on the other transport vehicle, the gentleman that delivered it to my guy here in Maryland said that it was great and everything was professional and smooth. When the car actually got shipped, it still made it there in the time that they said it was gonna be there. I wish that the way the truck drivers bid on the price was done more accurately. Overall, I was happy and I would ship again with AmeriFreight, but I definitely wouldn't ship whatever company that delivered my car. On the other hand, Richard was always pleasant. He was professional, respectful and still very understanding even when I vented out to him.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I googled car shipping companies and I chose AmeriFreight since they had good reviews and the best price. The transport organizer did a good job and she was on top of it. The quote that I was given was fair. It was close to the final cost of the service and the only reason it jumped up was because there was a storm, so the shipping was express. The delivery driver was nice. The shipping took five days from beginning to end.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have three cars and only two drivers, so I needed to ship my vehicle for a move. I've had previous experience shipping cars. There is a transport reviews website and I went through the top. There were a lot of them that got good ratings and I called different places starting at the top and working my way down. The quote eventually given by AmeriFreight was a little optimistic because that was what the rep was gonna try for and it ended up being close to what everybody else was quoting as well.

The transport organizer was fine. When I talked to him, it ended up coming to around $1,500 total to ship the car at the end, although we were looking at around 1,000 initially. He informed me what he was gonna put out there and then he was gonna let the drivers come back with their offer. But essentially, we’d get one and he’d email me and try to call me, too, and let me know that they got it. He would give me his opinion on whether he thought it was a good price or not, then we’d go from there. Eventually, what happened was I reached a point where I couldn’t keep waiting for a better price and I just took what was in-line with all the rest of them. Part of that was due to I was in a remote location where it needed to be picked up.

I didn’t meet the driver on either end, but it went fine from the people that both delivered and picked up my car for me, so there were no issues there. The actual trucking company was also able to flex the delivery location to help out my friend that picked up my car, so I was happy with all that. The shipping process took about five days from pick up to delivery, but overall, it was around two and a half weeks from initiating the request to get it picked up to the car getting shipped then arrived. A lot of that was me waiting on seeing if I’d get a better price, though.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Everything about my experience with AmeriFreight was great. I was shipping from Texas to California and AmeriFreight had a good price. Trevor was awesome and Jarvis was great. The quote I was given did not change and the price was reasonable. The shipping process was fine, but it would be nicer if they can come a little closer in some parts of the town. Still, I understand the limitations and other than that, the transport took less than a week and everything was punctual.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I bought a vehicle and needed to ship it. I looked at three transport companies before selecting AmeriFreight since they were cheaper. I used the online calculator to get a quote, but it wasn’t close to what I paid for the transport. I talked twice with the transport organizer who helped me set up my transport. It was good and the professionalism was great. The carrier driver was easy to get to on the day of delivery. I was supposed to get the vehicle on Friday or Saturday, but I didn't get it until Monday morning. The guy said he took a different route and he ran out of hours. But the condition of my vehicle was the same way as it had been when I got it. AmeriFreight is a good company.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I googled many transport services which are shipping my car and I have seen the Google reviews for AmeriFreight. I contacted them based on the reviews and I was happy with the service that they provided. I used them when I had to move my car in March as I had to relocate for my job from Maine State to Cincinnati. AmeriFreight’s quote was very reasonable compared to the many other transport quotes and it was within the budget that my employer provided.

I talked to Kimberly and she was very good. She assisted me on how the process was and how the insurance will work when any damage happens during the transport of my car. My experience was very good. The delivery was done at the expected date. There was a one day delay though because of the snowstorm but that was acceptable because I got my car without any damages, which was the best thing. I recently recommended a few of my friends to AmeriFreight.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I moved across the country from California to Tennessee. I also needed my car and my toolbox to be moved, and AmeriFreight took care of that. I liked the reviews about them that I saw online so I chose them for the transport. The free quote that they gave me was really good. It was less than I thought it was gonna be and it stayed pretty much the same towards the end. The transport organizer who assisted me was great and very helpful. The dates that AmeriFreight said the pickup and the delivery were gonna work were pretty much the dates that they happened. Three days after the pickup, the carrier driver showed up at the other end, in California. My friend was there and the driver dropped everything off. The delivery was quick and seamless. If I had to ship a car, I would use AmeriFreight again for sure.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I would like to make an investigation with AmeriFreight. I wanted to know and was trying to ask them if they hit the top of the vehicle that I bought or not because there's a bump on it. I never saw the vehicle before, and only saw it on the pictures. And from the view from the top of the car, you could see the bump. But maybe it happened before AmeriFreight touched it. Other than that, everything was okay. I checked other prices and they came in the best. I am very satisfied with AmeriFreight.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I liked AmeriFreight's reviews. I got a free quote from them and it was comparable and very close to what we paid in the end. The rep was always available and kept in contact. The delivery driver kept in good contact with me and the delivery took three days. AmeriFreight was honest and everything was done appropriately. I would recommend AmeriFreight.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Initially, I went on the internet, picked three companies and got three quotes. I went with the middle quote and the rep said he could deliver my car at a low cost in a very short window. The next day, I thought that didn't really seem right to me, even though I had no idea how the process worked. I then called AmeriFreight and got a person on the phone. He explained to me how the whole thing works and that there was no way that my car was gonna get picked up in the timeframe on the price that I was quoted by the other company. He didn’t want to take the business away from the other company and advised me to call the other company back and bump up my price. I thought about it and I said I didn't wanna do that. I said that I'd go with AmeriFreight and bump up the minimum price by $100. My car was picked up and delivered a day early.

The experience was seamless. The driver called the night before and said that he was gonna pick my car up in the morning. Then he called me back again and said that he was gonna go pick up a second car, but first, he'd pick up mine so he came early. It was supposed to be dropped off in two days, but it turned out that it was dropped off the next morning. It was awesome. I would never ship another car again unless it was through AmeriFreight. In fact, we have one more car to ship and we’re planning on using them in the summer.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a new car in Akron, Ohio and I live in Sunset Beach, North Carolina. I had to have it shipped to me. AmeriFreight gave the right price and came through for me. I told the transport organizer the date that I needed to have the car. She told me it was too early to expect to get somebody lined up yet but within a few days of the delivery date, she would let me know. And lo and behold, she did and everything went fine on the day that the car was to be delivered 7:30 in the morning. The guy who delivered it knocked on my door and had the keys in his hand. The car was in the driveway and had already been started. The car was perfect and cleaner than I expected 'cause he had to drive through a snowstorm. Also, the transport truck was nowhere to be seen. They did it out of the neighborhood. Things couldn't have been any nicer. I've recommended AmeriFreight to others.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Price-wise, I wasn't happy with AmeriFreight. They gave me a price, but when the time came, it was a different price. It was so much hassle. Before we got AmeriFreight, a lot of people were calling about the prices, and we thought we got a good one from them and that we can afford it. I was shocked when I found out the final price and I could not do anything because at that time I had to take whatever it was. It would have been much better if I had known the correct price earlier. But their people and service were good. I was happy with whatever they did.

Everybody who I talked to was nice and polite. The first guy they we talked to who booked the car was really good. The driver was very, very good too. There were two of them who picked the car up. They were friendly and they did a good job. It only took about half an hour to board my car and there was a lot of work to do there too. It was not like just roll it and take it out. They then called my daughter-in-law and set an appointment for the delivery. When she was ready over there, they brought the car to the home and dropped it there. I was very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was moving to a different state and I didn't want to drive. AmeriFreight had the best reviews out of all the options I was looking into. I was able to take advantage of the free quote option and the quote given was decent. Everything was good. They kept in contact with me during shipping and the vehicle was delivered on time. The actual cost ended up around the same as the quote.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had AmeriFreight transport my vehicle from San Diego, California to Maryland for our move and everything was good except for the driver who came to pick up the car. There was a bit of a language barrier and he was a bit rude to my wife. I called AmeriFreight about it and their rep was upset with how that went down. I guess it shouldn't have happened. The driver was not on the same page as what had been spoken over to schedule everything so he was confused and got mad. But when I called AmeriFreight back, they had fixed everything. I guess the rep fixed everything. As for the cost, I felt good about the quote AmeriFreight had given me initially and the final cost was pretty close to that as well.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I moved from Oklahoma to Arizona to do some work and I needed my car. AmeriFreight was highly recommended and my experience with the company turned up very well too. The communication was very good and the car arrived in the same condition as it was picked up. AmeriFreight provides good service.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I needed to get a new car, and I found AmeriFreight online. They were rated by the Better Business Bureau. I got a free quote from them, however, the quote was much lesser than what I actually paid. It was like a bait and switch deal. They gave you a good quote in the beginning, and they were upfront about it. And then there were pretty high credit card fees like 8%, which I thought was a little bit high. I knew all this upfront and I was going to pay it. I didn't wanna deal with the hassle of going with something else, so I stayed with it. That was just the nature of that service industry. They are like anybody else. They may all do the same thing. Nevertheless, Kimberly, the organizer I dealt with, was nice and friendly. She was responsive, too The car showed up when they said it was gonna show up. Everything overall was fine.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My experience with AmeriFreight was great. I saw they had good reviews and when I moved, I had them transport my vehicle from California to Georgia. The entire transport took six days and the vehicle arrived in good condition. I also had good experiences with AmeriFreight's transport organizer and the courier driver. My interactions with the transport organizer were clear and concise. He answered all my questions and was available whenever I needed to ask questions or call about something.

AmeriFreight Company Information