4.3/5 (429 ratings)

About AmeriFreight

AmeriFreight addresses the three most important areas of shipping a vehicle: price, quality and safety.

No other company has done more to help consumers save money. In fact, AmeriFreight will negotiate with the top 5% of more than 11,000 carriers for the best possible rate to ship your vehicle, and no carrier with less than a 95% internal quality rating will be considered to ship their customers’ vehicles.

Pros

• Money-back guarantee
  • Ships nationwide
  • Ships more than just cars
  • Discounts available

Cons

• Deposit required

Bottom Line

AmeriFreight is a nationwide auto transporter offering a price guarantee, several discounts and an AFta gap insurance plan. Although an initial deposit is required, free quotes and a money-back guarantee sweeten the deal.

AmeriFreight Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriFreight Auto Transport Company?

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2022

Update on the matter: AmeriFreight, stepped up and supplied a more than adequate solution. Got my trust back.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

AmeriFreight were quick to offer a carrier that met my requested pick up and drop off. I was happy and paid them their retainer. That was the last I've heard of them. Carrier ran late with the pickup by two days and the drop off by additional five days. AmeriFreight do not care and will not take ownership of this. The agent that won my business by promising the requested dates, will not answer countless mails or return a call. Know that they are just a broker that will go PUFF the minute they see your money. Customer Service is beyond them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

It was good communication and the driver was friendly. The move went smoothly and the vehicle came a day earlier than expected.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

The setup of the move was okay but the actual process was very stressful. It was our first time going through it and I explained to the rep the assistance we needed because of my grandmother's age with the transport. When it came time to actually needing her help, she was not available and she never returned our phone calls except for one.

The contact was amazing with her in the beginning and she was very adamant on calling us for the sale. When we needed her after we paid, that's when we noticed she was just sort of like, “Well, bye. See you later.” We just dealt with other representatives instead. Other than that, the vehicle's condition upon arrival was good. The driver was very nice.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

We had an excellent experience and fully recommend! Our vehicles were delivered safe and on time. Gina was always available for quick confirmation if we had questions or needed an expert opinion. We would use again. Don't trust anyone else but gina! Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Setting up the move was good. My rep was really responsive and walked me through the whole thing. Communication was straightforward and the driver just texted me.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

After researching companies to handle a transport of two vehicles that we needed moved from New Jersey to Georgia, I spoke with Gina ** at AmeriFreight and they handled the transaction with efficiency, attention to detail and a smooth professional process. I would definitely recommend their services for any transport needs.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I used AmeriFreight for my Viper one time and for a Shelby that they shipped from Pennsylvania to here in Texas. The rep was good and kept calling and gave me updates. He let me know the process. I told them the dates I needed to have the vehicles by for a car event and he made sure that it all came through. So, I was pleasantly surprised. Even though you expect them to be good, you'll never know. The driver did good. He called and said when he was gonna be there and gave me a heads-up. And there was no damage to the vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Experience with AmeriFreight couldn't have been easier or smoother, great price for CA to NH transport, great communication and FAST delivery! 4 days total from door to door pickup and delivery! Amazing! AmeriFreight agent was on top of everything along the way.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I needed my car shipped from Sarasota FL to Moab UT. The AmeriFreight agent Carovan was very friendly and helpful. The car was shipped in 5 days and without problems by Road Master Towing Corp. I would definitely recommend both companies.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

We had a car shipped from Oregon to Maine. Everything ran very smoothly, and the company was always available when we had questions. Thank you for your support during this process that was so unknown to us. It could have been stressful and complicated, but they made it easy!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I reach out at the very last minute and the team was very helpful in making sure my car made it from Jacksonville to California. They were flexible and helpful. Will absolutely use again in the future. They made my move across country bearable.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I had a car moving from Minnesota to California. Joy helped me throughout the whole process. She is very nice, responsive and helpful. The carrier they found took very good care of it, and delivered it on time. I would definitely recommend AmeriFreight to anyone who has a moving demand.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I was given all the facts upfront so I did not have to search around for the best deal. The service was very good and got the vehicle out exactly when I needed it. It arrived only a week later in perfect shape!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Glad I chose Amerifreight, Maleah ** was upfront and honest about everything. Transporting your car across country is extremely stressful and can be terrifying after reading all the bad reviews/horror stories and Maleah was the only one to make me feel comfortable after considering several brokers. There was no bait and switch or any hidden fees, she actually was able to shave $100 off the broker fee in order keep my final price closer to the initial quote. My jeep arrived safe and sound 2 days earlier than expected. Amerifreight is also more strict about using trusted drivers than other brokers which was a big relief. Thank you, Maleah!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Melissa, the rep from AmeriFreight, was helpful. The driver was good. He let me know when the vehicle was gonna be there. There was a delay because of traffic but it was not the driver’s fault. The vehicle was just as I left it when it arrived and it was clean. But there was a big difference in the quote. The initial quote was for 1,150 and the ending bill was 1,500.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I was pleased with AmeriFreight. They came in as quoted, and the pick-up and delivery was prompt. I had direct communication with the driver, which was quite good.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I shipped my car for the first time, and I’m glad I did so with Amerifreight (#**), all thanks to Christine!! She made this a smooth and easy process. She was very informative regarding shipment, that I didn’t have any questions to ask. But if I had any, it was easy to reach out to her! My car arrived safely, so I’ll definitely hit up Christine again if I ever have to ship my car again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I looked at one other company that I had used prior and I was going to use them again, but the AmeriFreight guys were more convenient because I didn't have time. At the time, I thought they overpromised me but they didn't. I got my car and I paid them. They told me how to do it. Pricing wise, from the first time I delivered my car to the third time I got it back, it's been a very heavy gouging process. But it is what it is.

The rep from AmeriFreight was great and very informed. I was asking for a specific date and it was tough to estimate. I wanted it the Sunday after I got the car and the neat thing was they told me that the car was gonna be here in three days and they would love for me to pick it up, which was about five days earlier than I asked for. Even though we safely set that goal a month prior. It didn't bother me that it was quicker than expected. The guy dropped the car off exactly where I wanted it, which was convenient as well. We changed the location within the block so there was no traffic because I gave him a high traffic zone. He pulled the car out and I gave him his money that he was requested to be paid. He told me that the car shouldn't have been delivered considering it was filled to the rim. He said they should've charged me more for that, but he was not going to. I said thank you and gave him a tip.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I've worked with AmeriFreight for many years and I've always had a good experience. I've always enjoyed working with Brandy, the rep. She's great. I'll continue using AmeriFreight in the future.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I talked with somebody named Cindy. She was very helpful to explain the process to me and that all worked out great. There were a couple of emails that I had to sign off on and approve before we moved forward and then I gave her the green light.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

When I first talked to AmeriFreight, I said, "It would be sometime between this, this and this." But the driver thought it was gonna be an early time and they contacted me, and I said no. But everything was fine. He said, "We'll just reschedule." So the schedule worked out well. The driver was very courteous and accommodating. I got good service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The AmeriFreight rep I worked with was good. She was very informative and on point. They also got here really fast. They delivered the car way ahead of time than expected.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

My experience with AmeriFreight was straightforward once it was set up. I got in contact with the driver. He said the exact time he'd be coming by. He texted me and then showed up. He took the car up and then I met him down in Florida about a week later.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

When I heard the prices from AmeriFreight, I was happy with it. When I talked to them, they said I can go to another company but they’re gonna do the same thing they are gonna do. They’re gonna put the contract out and see who bids. So if I put the same contracts with two different companies, I’ll probably gonna get competing bids, which will make the price go higher. They said I can go with somebody else but I should tell them before I do so they can cancel my contract and I will not get competing bids with the same person going on the same contract and just raising the price on both.

The transport was from Maryland to California and they picked the car up on a Saturday and dropped it off on a Wednesday. It was very timely and I got my car earlier than I thought I would get it. I only saw one guy, so I don't know how he got there so quickly by himself. There wasn't much communication while transporting. The day before he transported, he texted, saying he should be here tomorrow between this time and this time. I had a great experience with AmeriFreight. I just recommended it to somebody else who asked me who I shipped my car with.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I needed a vehicle shipped across the country and the first company I selected dropped the ball completely. So, I contacted Harry ** at AmeriFreight and he got it done. Even when we encountered some hiccups that were out of his control, he got things back on track immediately. I recommend using Harry ** and AmeriFreight when you need a vehicle shipped and done right!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Setting up the transport with AmeriFreight was great. I was contacted by a salesperson, which was cool because they ended up being kind of a point of contact for the whole transaction. We had two cars shipped. They let me know the process of finding the carrier and that they would be posting that on the board and following up with when they thought we'd be able to get the car shipped. I ended up getting a text message and they contacted me within a couple of hours of when they were going to be in town. Then, we set up a time to meet.

We were originally gonna have to meet at our church. The first one said that their truck was pretty big, and they weren't sure if they were gonna be able to make it in to the church. So, they asked if there was somewhere closer. They might have even said that there was a Home Depot nearby within a mile or so. So, we ended up meeting at the Home Depot. The car was a little dusty from the trip but other than that, it’s great. I'd recommend AmeriFreight. I felt like we were taken care of, and we would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

When I was setting up the transport, the transport worked fairly well. The pickup and drop off were the tricky parts, and we had to set this up twice. We had a date when my son was graduating from his training school, and he unfortunately had an incident where he recovered for four weeks. So we had to go and push the date back, then when he went to the training base, he didn't wanna go and take the car, initially, upon further review. When his brother got out and went there, that's when he got the car. AmeriFreight was very good about saying, "Okay. When do you need the thing?" We gave a date of when we needed it, then they went backwards and figured out when they would need to pick it up.

I complicated the delivery a bit as well. I got a time estimate between 3:00 and 5:00 local time, and since I brought a couple of my other sons out there to, essentially, look at the area, we decided to go on the short road out there. It turned out that there was no good cell coverage, and the driver ended up being a bit early for the time that we were doing. Plus, we had a detour out there, and I was scrambling to get back to meet him. He ended up being half an hour early, and I ended up being about 10 minutes late from the 3 o'clock opening time. Overall, AmeriFreight is a reasonable company, and they work with you. I created my own problems with some of the things that needed to line up, and they were very accommodating. Also, I've never shipped a car before, and the expense of it was somewhat surprising, but it was not their fault. That's, unfortunately, the going rate industry-wide.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

My vehicles were delivered earlier than expected, which was amazing, and everything was great. Communication was very thorough and I received lots of texts and calls. Cindy with Amerifreight, was a great representative and answered all my questions. Thank you, Amerifreight.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

They explained everything that I needed to know. They were good at answering my questions. They informed me ahead of time that there'll be an extra fee from AmeriFreight. They didn't tell me how much the service fee from AmeriFreight would be. But they did give me a quote for how much the transportation cost would be. It was a little weird. But they told me about that upfront. They got my car in good condition across the entire country and it was a good price for that.

I had a bit of an issue during the delivery because I had a bit of an issue withdrawing cash because my bank wouldn't let me take out more cash than they did. My daily limit was lower than I thought it would be. I felt so bad for making the truck driver wait for almost an hour. But he stuck in there. He waited and he got my car to me even though I was a mess.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Amerifreight was super helpful. I said I needed the car the next week, and they gave me a call right away. They said that they would post it on their board, and they’d let me know when they were going to have somebody come pick it up. I told them I was flexible with that. So, that was nice and easy. They called me two days before the pick up and they said that the driver was willing to pick it up. So I frantically got my payment in and got everything ready to go. I was very happy. They came and picked the car up at my door. The driver was a few days late, but it didn't matter too much for me because I had my brother's car down here. Then he dropped it off, we did the payment, and everything was great. It was a very, very good, and clean experience. There was no damage to the car. So I was super, super excited about it.

AmeriFreight Company Information