4.2/5 (21 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About 1800Warranty.com

1800Warranty.com offers vehicle service contracts to customers who want coverage after their factory auto warranty expires. The company’s plans are month-to-month, and you can cancel at any time. Coverage is limited to cars with a model year of at least 2000 and mileage up to 200,000, and it includes emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, ID theft protection and more.

Pros

• Month-to-month subscription
  • $0 deductible available
  • 24/7 customer service
  • Stacks Reward Plan

Cons

• Personal info required for quote
  • No sample contract online

Bottom Line

1800Warranty.com offers four levels of vehicle coverage, with optional tire and wheel protection. Coverage is month-to-month, so there’s no long-term commitment. You can get coverage immediately with a vehicle inspection.

1800Warranty.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Warranty.com?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

1800Warranty is affordable. I did a lot of research online then a representative reached out and we completed everything for my signup. He was really knowledgeable and very easy to work with.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I ended up getting a new vehicle and I needed to get the warranty for it. I decided to go with 1800Warranty over what they were offering me through the dealership and their sign up process was pretty easy. I had it for a previous vehicle too. So, I was already familiar with the service and the product.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I got online and purchased a policy from 1800Warranty.com. The process met my expectations and so far, my experience with them has been good.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with them is great. The girl who took care of me was really attentive. She made sure that I got what I wanted and the warranty that fit my needs.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I like my warranty. I haven't had to do anything yet, but it's a secure feeling just to have it. I also like that they take the payment off my card, which is better because I don't have to worry about it. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

It's been all right with 1800Warranty so far. But I didn't know that when I make a claim, I got to leave my car. They want your car to sit there till the part comes. I can't be leaving my car. If I can still drive my car, why do I got to wait and leave my car sitting there. Why am I paying insurance for a car to sit there for three days?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

They were very pleasant and polite. Everything was fine.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My rep was Juliana and she was fantastic. On the whole, I'm satisfied with 1800Warranty. I pay my bill and call them if I need them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The customer service was pretty quick. I called them and they reverted back within a few minutes. We spoke and they provided me with a quote. I gave it a thought and then the next day, I called them back and said that I wanted to do it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I had 1800Warranty previously with my other car and they took care of me when it died. They basically told me, "Screw it. We ain't paying for it. Just go pick out another car." It was a smooth experience. It was a simple process. So I stuck with them when I got the new car. When something happened with my new car, I called them and I was trying to see if they covered my axle replacement. That was a whole process because they kept trying to say it was pre-existing. But it wasn't pre-existing because when I called them, I didn't have full details and I still don't know exactly what the warranty covers. I haven't had my vehicle taken in to get fully diagnosed.

When I finally got my vehicle fully diagnosed, the warranty was about to expire so I renewed it. But they were trying to say it was a pre-existing condition because I called and asked them about it. I was calling to see if they covered those things but it was never confirmed until later on. So that was a big issue. I ended up paying out of pocket for that particular thing. This experience put a bad taste in my mouth. But they did cover a sensor that needed to be replaced. The total cost of the sensor was almost $400 but they only covered 188 of that. If I'm paying them $100 every month and I have the top tier warranty, I don't understand why they pay such a little amount. Overall, I wished 1800Warranty would keep the consistency.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

When I called, I was transferred to a representative and she got me set up within 10 minutes. It was great customer service. 1800Warranty is an easy company to deal with. It's customer-friendly. There was no hassle as far as getting set up. Another perk that I like is it's for the lifetime of the car, as long as you own the car. You could own your car as long as you’re gonna have it and be worry-free of having to come out of pocket fully for making it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The lady that I worked with was great. Everything I needed to know, she was fast and in line. She was honest. We talked extensively. We must have talked about an hour and a half about this stuff. The coverage was good.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

The representative explained the warranty well to my satisfaction when I was purchasing.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I started a claim and we had a problem with it. The water pump was leaking bad and they sent someone out to look at it. He saw the coolant but he couldn't find exactly where the leak was coming from so they declined the job. It cost me out of pocket 1,300 bucks to get it fixed. I'm thinking about closing the account.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

The person I talked to was sincere about what 1800Warranty's product was about so I gave them a shot. The plan was reasonable as far as payments and coverage. Customer service was professional too. I'm good with the decision I made.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Going with 1800 was one of the worst decisions that I ever chose to make. The first day I started the policy, I got charged twice. In the couple of months that I had them, they were charging me every month giving me over draft fees. I ended up canceling them because in the last month, they charged me twice that over drafted my card and they weren't willing to give me back my overdraft. How you file a claim really sucks too. Overall, I was not satisfied. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody. They were horrible.

1800Warranty.com Company Information