Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

61 Diamond Warranty Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

Twice I've dealt with this trash of a company. The first time was when I needed to replace my A/C compressor. They basically would only replace it for the estimated cost of after-market parts based on their cost in Pittsburgh (where their office is located), not the cost of the part here in DC. The cost that they said they would cover essentially would have covered the cost of purchasing a compressor from a scrapyard. Basically, I footed the cost of the bill (after having to call 7 or 8 times from the mechanic, because they must have only 3 or 4 people in the whole office to deal with customer service).

When I realized my car was a lemon of a used car and was more trouble than it was worth, I traded it in 10 months after purchasing it. Having paid for 2 years of coverage on the extended warranty through Diamond Warranty Corp (specifically, the "Diamond Security Plus Coverage" package), I thought that I might be eligible for a refund on the remaining mileage or period of time on the 2-year/30,000 mile package.

Silly me! I wish I'd read the fine print of my contract under "General Provisions", which read, "Vehicle must be a total loss or repossession to validate a cancellation." Yes, that means that only if your car gets taken back because you can't afford it or it gets totaled can you get a refund on your warranty coverage. This place is a scam. Given their shady business practices and wordy, extensive (and specific) contract, you will get screwed by them. I cannot recommend highly enough that you AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

This is the worst company ever. First of all, people on the phone was very rude and useless. They were not able to answer to none of my questions saying that the dealer is the person who is in charge of my questions. Then when they realized I was angry, they told everything I needed to know, that was terrible btw. I bought a used car. After 2 weeks I had some engine problems and so I had to sell it back. I called Diamond Warranty and they said that I will not be reimbursed at all, unless my car was stolen or repossessed and that anyway they don't take care of this business, while the dealer has to face these kind of problems. So $600 wasted. I really would like to do something for this, as a lawsuit action. Please feel free to contact me if interested! Thanks.

Original review: June 18, 2014

This has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service is horrendous. I called for roadside assistance and was told my account was canceled when it wasn’t. Then they didn't want to reimburse me for the towing fees I paid out of pocket. Once I said I also needed repairs to my truck I got a run around and no one wanted to do repairs to the truck once they heard about the warranty I had. I still haven’t resolved any issues with them and I’m still out of a vehicle because they refuse to pay.

Original review: May 27, 2014

After purchasing warranty from Chantilly Virginia dealer and having vehicle for 95 days the engine went out. Was told by mechanic it was negligence on the previous owner's part. Diamond refuse to honor the warranty, so I have been without a vehicle since. They are a money grabbing company that I want to hold accountable. They need to be brought up on with a class action lawsuit. If interested don't hesitate to contact me.

Original review: May 20, 2014

I purchased the warranty when I bought my vehicle. 38 days in my engine blows. They say I kept driving it after I knew something was wrong. I heard a ticking noise, slowed down to listen and within 3 seconds the engine was gone. I never had a chance to keep driving it. They are just shysters looking to take without paying. They did nothing but steal my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diamond Warranty Corp?

Original review: March 10, 2014

Despite admitting the covered repair and accepting 0(zero) deductibility and car rental, all verbal now offering 50% of the cost of repairs. The customer being without his transportation for over a week has to resort to give the most ugly review. Seems like cancellation of their license may help the consumer.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2014

Bought Warranty on 1/23/14 From Two Guys Auto on Carbon Ln in Wilkes-Barre. Bad Dealer, don't buy from him... Not sure if he sent the paperwork in. The Diamond says everything is in order... but after 2 weeks of phone promises, I still have nothing. Since its been over 30 days... I'm suing to get my money back. Someone stole it. Diamond Warranty is a fly by night Company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2014

When the engine went in my truck, there are visible and obvious signs that the motor is gone BUT the fraud criminal company says it needs to be extracted, disassembled so that the rep from Diamond could determine what parts they will cover or if they will cover anything at all. The vehicle owner is responsible for all costs of this procedure which in turn costs as much as replacing the engine. 99% of the time, they will find user fault and will leave you stuck! Your mechanic will have no professional opinion on what needs to be done. When the rep is there, he will leave the property with you away from your mechanic. This corrupt company manages to stay just outside of criminal persecution. Spread the word!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2014

I contacted Diamond Warranty regarding my issue with my BMW. Turns out I had a crank case vent valve along with the corresponding hoses go bad. They said the engine was covered but this part and labor wasn't. They said that because it wasn't part of engine lubricated part it was maintenance. I told him it was part of engine and that it is an 6-8 hr labor repair plus parts. So now I am out $1000.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2013

I purchased a $2000 Warranty that was supposed to have excellent coverage with only $100 deductible on repairs. Six months later I have a lifter stick and require repairs. 10 days of back and forth between my shop and Diamond and I am finally driving my truck again. Also I am out of pocket $2000 for the repair. There were some maintenance items that I should have been responsible for, but when one Lifter sticks GM recommends all be replaced, if the Manufacture prescribes a repair the warranty should cover it. I wish I had never wasted my money on their "protection". I would be out of pocket less and had my truck back the next day. Do not buy a warranty from this company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2013

Seems like every time I ask about a part being covered under their warranty it never is. I spent $2000 on the warranty and haven't got to ever use it because nothing's ever covered. I could spend that $2000 on something better.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2013

My family and I are currently stranded, in Pa. The Diamond--emergency road service claims that my 2 year policy, purchased in October 2012, was cancelled--how, did this happened? I was advised to contact their emergency number. No one picked up my call... Bad business, and practices. Unethical people...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2013

I bought a 03 Dodge Durango and had the warranty service from Diamond Warranty Corp. in Pittston, Pa. The truck needed front wheel bearings, a tie rod end and the brake lines were always wet (but there was no active leak) and were very rusted. I brought the vehicle in for service at one of their "approved" garages to have the work done since these were all listed as warranty work. First someone from Diamond wanted to come out and see the work that had to be done. This took several days, then after a call I was told that someone would be at the garage "first thing in the morning." He did not show up till after 11am. He looked at the work needed then said he would get back to the mechanic.

Next day the mechanic was told that they would only fix one bearing and a tie rod end, not the brake lines. Also, they only want to use the cheapest parts available. Why not use OEM parts like the ones on the vehicle? If I get into an accident because of cheap parts or because the brake lines failed I will be holding Diamond Warranty Corp. fully responsible for all expenses, damages and medical costs. They try to get out of any responsibility to honor THEIR warranty. They will only authorize the use of cheap parts and their customer service is a joke. NO ONE NEEDS THIS TYPE OF WARRANTY FROM THIS TYPE OF COMPANY. BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!! They are there to take your money and produce as little as possible.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2013

Buyers beware. Do not buy Diamond Warranty. I bought my 99 Malibu July of 2013 in Glen Burnie, MD. After just 2 weeks, I had to have the oxygen sensor replaced and now it is the PVVC elbow which isn't covered but also the intake gaskets which are clearly covered... I have been trying for a week to get a hold of them. Now I have and they are clearly trying to get out of covering a part that is covered in the warranty and they only want Pep Boys doing the work. I took the car to Firestone which is who found that I need the intake gasket and now Pep Boys are stating they checked it and nothing is wrong. It passed inspection and smoke test. Diamond are crooks. Do not buy their warranty...

Original review: July 1, 2013

I bought a car from City Line Auto Sales in Rahway, NJ. I purchased diamond warranty for 6 months/175000 miles. On June 29th, I had to take my car to the shop because I felt shaking in my steering. They replaced two driveway axles (front) and I was charged $424.01 for the two axles plus labor. I contacted my warranty company. Since it was the weekend and nobody was in, they gave me a number to call on Monday morning to complete my claim. The repair shop changed the entire axle. On my warranty agreement, it clearly states that Drive/ Axle Assembly (Front and Rear) are covered.

When I called to check the status of my claim, the adjustment specialist named Bob, told me that this is a non-covered component. He claims that only the CV joints were changed when, in fact, the whole axle was changed. They refused to cover every other component because he says that the CV joint is not covered. I called the mechanic and he confirmed that the entire axle was fixed, but Diamond Warranty refused to accept my claim. I am extremely dissatisfied with their blatant lies and refusal to pay an obviously covered component under my warranty. I have all my documentation, all my proof, yet they simply dismiss me.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2013

They claim the vehicle was driven through a river and that spun bearings in engine. They obviously are in the business of collecting money and not paying.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2012

Monday, October 1st, 2012, I dropped my truck of to Trio Auto Repair at about 5:30pm. My radiator had cracked and was leaking everywhere and overheating.

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012, Trio called me around 3pm saying that they tested my car and confirmed that my radiator had cracked, but upon further normal testing notice, my steering pump was broken as well and my control arms. I looked through my warranty and saw that my steering pump and control arms, which needed work as well, are also covered. They then informed me that they were making an estimate and would submit it to the warranty company that night.

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012, I called Warranty Company to make sure they had received the estimate. I was on hold for 57 minutes and then I left a message with Bob, who would be handling my claim. Bob returned my phone call around 1pm informing me they did receive the estimate but since they are working on more than one thing, an adjuster would be sent out. I asked him how long that would be and he said they could have someone out there that day. Around 6pm, I received a call from Trio letting me know that they were leaving for the day, but did talk to the adjuster who said they couldn't make it out until the next morning (Thursday).

On Thursday, October 4, 2012, the adjuster showed up around 5pm. Trio called me when he left to let me know they said he was there for about 5-10 minutes at most, took pictures and confirmed that the work needed to be done. On Friday, October 5, 2012, I called Diamond Warranty to see how everything went. Bob was not in so they said Kurt would be handling it. At around 4:30, I got a call from Trio saying they spoke with Kurt and that they were not going to okay the upper and lower radiator hoses or the stabilizer bar link. I asked them how much that was and seeing that it was about $100 all together, I said okay. They then informed me that Diamond also said they would only cover $75 per hour of Trios' $91 per hour rate (even though on page 4 of my contract, they stated up to $125 per hour but based on averages).

I called Kurt and asked him why they would not cover the additional $16 per hour and his response was, "Well, it's up to Bob and that's what he decided." I then asked about a rental car and he said Bob handles that too and then hung up on me when I continued to ask questions! I then called Trio back and told them they can start work on my truck for everything that was okayed by Kurt, as well as the three (3) parts that I personally okayed. I also told them that I will speak to Bob but worst case scenario, I will pay the $16 per hour for the 12-hour work estimate on my car.

On Monday, October 8, 2012, I tried calling Bob three times to inquire about a rental car since the work was over 10 hours as per my contract, as well as why they would not cover the $91, but no reply. I spoke with the shop and they had started work on my truck. On Tuesday, October 9, 2012, I did not call again, but still no response from Bob. On Wednesday, October 10, 2012, I called Bob during my lunch but he was in a meeting. No call back from him, still no rental car, and no explanation on why they would cover the $91 rate the shop changes. On Thursday, October 11, 2012, Trio called me and said that my truck would be ready tomorrow afternoon, and that once it was done, they would have to submit their bill to Diamond Warranty and wait for an authorization code (for payment) from them.

On Friday, October 12, 2012, I finally spoke with Bob and he said he had not heard from Trio at all during the week and that they needed to call. I called Trio and they said they had left two messages for him and was waiting for his response. On Monday, October 15, 2012, I called Trio and they were still waiting for the authorization code from Bob. I then called Bob and told him that he needs to send it over because my truck is done. I have now been without a car for two weeks and thanks to his horrible communication skills, no rental car either! He told me that he was going to fax them the code shortly and that I would have to sign the additional paperwork. Trio called me later that night. I asked them how much the difference that the parts that was not covered and labor with my deductible would be. They said around $400.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012, I was dropped off at the shop at about 8:30 am. When I walked in, they immediately said, "Kate, there is a problem." I looked at the paperwork that was faxed that simply said payment form AmEx and a line for my signature that says to complete the satisfaction in the amount of $1,290.07. (I never signed it because I am not satisfied.) I immediately called Bob and asked why there was a $1,590.49 difference (the parts I agreed to pay for are excluded from that total) and his response was, "Well, we sent over a counter estimate on Friday and that's all that we agreed to. It's not our fault they decided to use Jeep to order parts instead of NAPA," which is not true. The shop even let me take pictures of the boxes that had my parts in them. When I told Trio that they should have received a fax, they checked their log and confirmed that they did not at all.

So, I informed Bob and asked him if he could email me the fax with the transmittal showing when it was sent. He told me, "Kate, that was two weeks ago. We don't have that!" (Personal note: What office doesn't keep records of when official documents were faxed?) I then received via email the ** estimate. At that point, I knew I was in trouble when I saw that my name or any customer information was not on it, no print outs proving their pricing or even their own letterhead! After spending several hours looking over my contract, I believe that Diamond Warranty Corp is responsible for the remaining balance on the bill, but after my attempts were rejected, I feel, other than small claims court, this might be my best solution.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2012

I have made several attempts to speak with someone regarding getting warranty items repaired. I have left messages for Cody and Kurt, neither of which were ever returned over the course of a business week. It was literally Monday morning when I (and my repair shop) began calling them, and as of writing this (Thursday afternoon), I have yet to get a response. I did briefly speak to Bob (supposedly a claims department supervisor) on Wednesday afternoon after demanding to speak to someone besides a voicemail, and the call was mysteriously disconnected. After calling back, going through the prompts, explaining my issue again, the next person (this time a female, not sure the name) cheerfully agreed to transfer me back to Bob. She instead hung up on me again. I am looking considering any action that I may be able to take through the Better Business Bureau. If you are considering their service, do not, I repeat, do not purchase a warranty from Diamond Warranty Corporation.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2012

I have a 2009 Audi A4, and I have never used the warranty. I took my car to the Audi dealership, and they said it was the intake manifold motor. It clearly says on my coverage that the intake manifold is covered, but they are denying my claim. It is over a thousand dollars to fix, and I have no money. That is why I got the warranty for occasions like this. They were rude at the warranty office when I called and continue to say that they will not cover this. The dealership agrees saying that it is all one unit. I don't know what to do. I am making payments on a car I can't drive or afford to have fixed. Any help on what I should do will be helpful.

Original review: July 18, 2012

They are the worst. This is the 3rd time we had this car in for repairs for the super charger. They will only pay for the junkyard part. Well it's the 3rd one, they would have saved money if they sent a new one. Each time we have to repair, this car is in the shop for a month, holding up a bay in the repair shop. Thank God the mechanic is a friend. He has called Diamond many times with the same stupid answer, we're working on it.

Original review: April 11, 2012

This is absolutely the worst warranty! After taking my car to a dealer and having it diagnosed, I waited 3 hours for Diamond to call the dealer to say that they will not cover repairs. And then there's $900.00 later. I should have canceled then. And now, there's another refusal to pay $450.00. I will be canceling and contacting Consumer Complaints.

Original review: March 8, 2012

This company is the absolute worst! They deny almost every claim and only pay out $65 per hour for labor. Labor has not been $65 per hour since the 90's. They try to get your mechanic to put in parts from a junkyard because they don’t want to pay for new parts. They are very rude and nasty when you speak to them, especially Bob! Now I’m being told that my warranty will be pro-rated if I cancel it but they will also deduct the claims from it. I’m very unsatisfied and I will let many people know of their deceptive practices.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2012

Don’t buy Diamond Warranty! I purchased the two year warranty for my Ford Focus. The transmission went. This is clearly covered in the contract. They sent a used transmission from a junk yard in Texas. Mind you, I live in CT. My car has been out of commission for going on three months. With two kids and a full time job, my car is mandatory. I am still waiting on repairs. Worst company, complete rip off!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2011

As a consumer, or a repair facility, avoid this company at all cost. They will not pay a fair labor rate, or pay for real parts. It wants us to shop for unknown (or used) brand parts from their one source. They wont even pay near a fair price for those parts. We had customer come in with engine noise with this warranty, and still cost the customer over $300.00. We got dissatisfied customers, and we nearly worked for free. Live and learn. We will never accept this warranty again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2011

We purchased an extended warranty for a used vehicle, which we bought from a dealer. It is a 4yr 48k mile warranty. We purchased the enhanced warranty. We have had the vehicle in for a few repairs. We had the rack & pinion done, and the warranty company would only allow $65 per hour for labor. I haven't seen labor prices that cheap since the 80's. They also only allowed jobber on the parts. We didn't have to pay for the whole thing, but we have a $0 deductible! I wouldn't think I had to pay anything! We payed around $200 for this repair. Now, the same vehicle is in the shop with a blown head gasket. The labor rate is $80 an hour. We are told we are responsible for $15 per hour. The company also told the service manager that they only allow jobber on parts. With it being an 8hr job, I will be responsible for about $140 for labor alone. I could swear that I signed a contract that still says $0 deductible!

Original review: March 16, 2011

I bought a 06 Nissan Altima through a small dealership in Dallas. With buying the car, they said that the warranty had to be included with all of their loans, just in case. Two months, the car broke down with burning oil and loud noises. They refused to repair anything at that time because they said that it was burning oil; there was nothing broken. So we continued to keep putting oil, oil changes and basic repairs until it stopped running seven months later.

Now, the engine is completely blown pistons made big hole in oil pan. Now, they say they won't repair due to lack of oil changes and maintenance. I have all records, however, when you call and talk to the one person who does answer the phone, after many attempts, I got very mad and started cussing and told me to do whatever we wanted; they were not going to help us.

I know this is illegal, after much research, this is common. However, I cannot find any legal help. I'm sending out an S.O.S. I am still paying $366 a month for a car that hasn't and can't be driven until resolved.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2011

On two occasions, I needed the service that I paid for. And in both times, I was denied claims. On the phone, the representatives were very nasty. Because the mechanic part was brand new, Diamond said that I should give them more time to find a part from the junk yard. That's what I get for buying used. I felt so bad. Now, I am just taking trains and buses that I am not used to because I have been driving for so long. I also have to get out early to be at work on time.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2010

Diamond has consistently denied coverage for parts and repairs that are explicitly covered by their service agreement. Additionally, their representatives have been unbelievably rude during our conversations. This is a company that should be avoided.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2010

Just like the others complaints, I had lifters go bad in the car about 3 months after I bought it. The warranty says that internal lubricated parts are covered. Well after they sent the inspector to look at it, they said it's not covered because there are too many miles, 500 miles, since I bought it.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

We bought a 2000 Chevy Astro Van on July 20, 2010 with 104,000 miles. We got the extended warranty through Diamond Warranty Corporation covering everything for 36 months unlimited miles. On July 31, with only 300 miles on the car from date of purchase, the valves began to tap loudly. We called Diamond Warranty Corporation and took it to the service shop they recommended. The mechanic took the motor apart to see what was wrong and says it is the valves. The warranty company refuses to pay saying it is a pre-existing condition and that there was sludge in the motor. There was very little sludge which is normal for the miles and the way it was taken care of but it was not tapping when I bought it so it can't be pre-existing. The mechanic they sent me also says that they are wrong and should pay to fix the car.

Diamond Warranty Corp Company Information