American Auto Transporters

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Called set up and got quote with MICHAEL **. Agreed to everything. Was suppose to pick up on Nov 25 2016. Late in the day I called and he wasn't picking it up like he guaranteed me it would be picked up. Called several time over the week to keep conferring with him and come to find out it was all lies and he was trying to blame another company. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

I spoke with a salesperson at this company and agreed to have my car picked up for a total cost of $750. The pickup was supposed to be on Nov 12. They charged my credit card $150 at that time. A few hours later, the dispatcher calls me and tells me that the price would be $850 and the pickup date would be Nov 14 or 15, but neither date worked for me. I disagreed with that plan. A few days later, I call back and the dispatcher said they put in the order for the driver because he said I agreed to the order. I told them that's not what I agreed to, and I told them to cancel it and to find me a driver for the price and date I agreed to.

It is now a week later and the business had not found a driver, told me that I should wait until a day or two before my intended ship date to lock in a driver, because drivers don't lock in their schedules until one or two days before a pickup. I don't have the flexibility to work with this type of uncertainty, so I told the company to cancel the order and to give me a refund. The salesperson cursed at, yelled at, and spewed some horrible things at me over the phone. At least he agreed to refunding me my $150 deposit, but I have also filed a dispute via my credit card company, just in case they don't follow through on their agreement.

All in all the experience was absolutely awful. This company has extremely unethical practices, it lies to its customers about standard transportation procedures, and strong-arms customers into paying more than they originally agreed. This company needs to be investigated/shut down for its awful business practices. Thank goodness I didn't give them my car!

American Auto Transporters is very bad service. Alex: Your company is very bad service, its suck! Everybody is lie. I am in 09/29/2016 talk to Alex and Mary. This two bad people not honest is lie. Don't trust! Mary and Alex told me drive will next day morning 10 am to 12 pm pick my car up, from Las Vegas to Naples Florida. Mary say will give to me drive #, but I waiting 5 hours, still can't get it? I call Mary 5 times always nobody answer? I waiting another hour, Mary call me back say drive cancel my appt, will find another drive to me, then Alex send to me drive phone 702-234-5713. I call drive 7 times and send voice message, nobody call me back.

I call Alex and Mary again, this two bad lie say "Don't worry, I already confirm tomorrow will pick up your car." Next day I waiting all day all night, nobody call me back? Also charge my money $150? Please stay away this bad service company. Everybody is not honest lie. Waste my time, and my money! Bad people. Bad service.

As far as I am concerned, this company is farce. I have no idea where my car is. All lies from beginning till now. I have not seen my car since 7/2 and have been given the run around since day 1. Let's see... No show for days on the pick up. They will take your deposit from your charge card before they pick it up!!! Lie #1. Picked up the car after I don't know how many calls as I had a flight out on 7/4 to get to my parents, as my father is having surgery. Car was to be delivered 7/5 in Fl, from NY... NO Calls.

We have been calling and calling. They will not pick up the phone unless you call from a different phone number. You may get them from a different number or you may not. When I did reach them: The driver was delayed. The driver is in Maryland. 4 days to get to Maryland from NY... REALLY. It's 4 hours away! My brother got through and they said the truck broke down in NC and they would be on their way in hours. REALLY??? So today is 7/10 and as far as I am concerned, I do believe the car has been stolen!! I am filing a police report today and it will be an honest report... 9 days of no car and I believe they have stolen it. This is a new leased car and I am beside myself. I am an RN and I need my car and I have no idea where it is. Please do not use this company. It's so upsetting that they do this to others. So sad.

Updated on 07/14/2016: My car arrived 7/12... It was not stolen. Thank Goodness!!! It was in one piece. However, it does have an additional 700 miles on it and the radio does not work as some sort of music playing device was plugged in to a jack in the center console and the idiots forgot to change the settings back to 'radio'! I have tried to change the settings but it keeps displaying "That an auxiliary jack was out"... What the heck? There is mud on the mats in the back and I have never used the back seats!!! Oh and to the driver... I guess your truck really did breakdown with my car for over a week as you left the "parts card" in the mud!!! The driver said he was unable to fit down the road to drop off my car so I walked almost a mile in 103 temp with injured feet. Every type truck in the world fits down this road... hmmm... {I understand not fitting through the gates of the gated community and that is where we were to meet.} All I wanted was my car.

So I did it and gave him his check which was accidentally $25 over. I told him to keep it... jumped in my car and took off as fast as I could! I am so busy with my 87 year old dad having surgery, that I have not even bothered calling them about using my car for God knows what. Gosh, I hope this helps anyone, even one person, to not go through the stress of what I have gone through. When I go back to NY... I don't care if I pay top dollar to transport my car back... or I will pay a friend to drive it. Please do yourself a favor and use a reputable company. This was a disaster from day one. Next complaint letter goes to the BBB and local papers in Florida and NY.

Contacted Alex **. Real nice on the phone. Arranged to have car picked up on Jul 1, 2016. Told me that driver would contact me 2 days earlier. Jun 29, 2016 no call from driver. Tried call Alex numerous times. Left messages. No response. Contacted Angela at customer service. Told me that driver would call me that day if not the next day (Jun 30). No call from driver. Today is July! Still no call. Contacted ANGELA, ALEX. Left messages for both. No response from either. Emailed them at customer service and told them to cancel my order. Also contacted my credit company for disputing the $149.00 deposited.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Auto Transporters?

Well, when Alex ** initially took my reservation/deposit he was very pleasant and PROMISED repeatedly that the driver would be at my place first thing in the morning. By 10am I called the customer service department which consists of ONE person named Angela. She then called the driver and called me back to say he would be there by noon. By noon he called to say he couldn't get there until 3:00pm. By 3:00pm I left a message for Angela letting her know the driver was still not there, no answer. Then at 3:00pm the driver said he wouldn't arrive until 5:00-8:00pm and by then I was outraged. I explained to him that I had to get on the road and could not wait until then. I also explained that what he was doing was unacceptable. He then went on to tell me that I obviously do not know how the transporting business works and that I needed to read my contract. I told him I didn't have a contract just a confirmation e-mail that confirmed his AM arrival.

After I asked him for his name he said "no, what are you the FBI, are you going to do a background check on me" and I kindly said "no, I just like to know who I'm talking to when I've spend my money for a service"! He refused to give me his name and I kindly hung up. I called Angela again and told her what happened with the driver and she promised she'd get a replacement driver but needless to say, that NEVER happened. After waiting for hours I decided to call her back and cancel my reservation. I left 2 voicemail message with her and 2 with the reservationist, Alex **. Angela finally replied to my e-mail stating I would get a full refund and I did, thank God!! Stay away... I hope my review can help someone else that may be considering using this company... STAY AWAY!!!

I was looking for a quote and spoken Alan, he wouldn't stop calling me "beautiful" and other crap. He promised me my car would be picked up on 18th of April, and dropped off by 3pm Saturday. The customer service is one person named Ang or some crap, she doesn't answer her phone every. None of them do, the company is liars and crooks.

After contacting several transport companies, I decided to go with this "company". I needed to get my car there FAST per court order, they understood this from day 1! They claimed to not be brokers and owned their own trucks...this is a LIE! They ARE brokers. They promised me a pickup date and a price. I signed the contract and guess what...no show. My husband and I spent the whole day on the phone with them. In the end, they weren't going to pick up the car that day but would 4 days later and, of course, we had to work on that day! After finding someone to sit here all day and wait for the driver they sent me a new contract which they didn't tell me they were raising the price by another $200.

When I finally got them to answer my calls they said it was the only way to get the driver to pick up. But they failed to mention this in our dozens of calls earlier. After deciding to just pay it so the car would get to destination (and threatening lawsuit) the driver called 4 days later to say he could not pick up at my house! I had to deliver the car to him in a parking lot across town, mind you the car was not registered to drive. Bottom line, DO NOT put yourself through the hassle of this company. They should be shut down. They are scam artists to soak you for every dime they can!

I spoke with a gentleman who took my information and credit card number and was told that it was just for a hold on the reservation and within hours my American Express had been used three times unsuccessfully with attempted charges at three different companies. The only one I recognize was JCPenney however luckily AMEX flagged as fraudulent. I didn't ever expect to hear back from them. However I am now getting non-stop calls texts inquiries and when I told them I was going with a different company I was asked, "Why would you sign a contract with us?" To which I replied, "I did not sign anything" and explained what happened with my credit card and they were the only possible way my information has been obtained since I hadn't used that card in months. She quite abruptly ended the call which I took as admission of guilt.

Helpful to get your deposit. Could care less about your actual transport. Scheduled a pickup from IN to FL. No pickup. No call. Same thing the next day. No call backs. Absolutely useless and pathetic business practice. Not sure how they are still in business. Don't use.

I called for help at 2 pm. It is 9 pm and my car is still here and they were paid and can't get no answer when calling. They are a slow rip off!

When I spoke with "Paul" he told me that this company is not a broker, but they own their own vehicles. Had a pick up scheduled for a Sunday. Never showed up nor called. Reset the appointment for Monday. Same thing. Come to find out they ARE a broker! They will say anything to get your business, then provide nothing. Stay away!

I used this service before twice and everything was fine, but I noticed there was a new customer service rep named Alan ** who answered the phone. He falsely stated he would not charge my card any deposit until the service was provided but did so anyway. I lost $200 just trying to get information from them about a POTENTIAL car shipment. If you get Alan or Nia from customer service on the phone, ask for someone a bit more honest about the service. Now I have to get a lawyer just for principle of the matter!

He told me it would take a couple hours to set up. He was also telling me I had to sign the contract right away. He did not get my credit card number. He must have gotten it from ** from the first bid. I have had the car for sale on AutoTrader and Craigslist, a guy showed up to look at the car just as I signed the contract. The guy bought the car within 45 minutes from sending the signed paperwork.

I then sent several cancellation emails and called ** and spoke to your manager. He tells me I can't get my deposit back, not even two hours later. He tells me he already sent $400 to a truck driver. ** already had told me I would be responsible to pay the pickup driver cash of $800. I told him he told me it would take him some time to set this up and I would have to call my credit card company. He tells me, "Go ahead." American Auto Transport 4301 S. Flamingo Rd., #106-122 Davie FL 33330 is trying to rip me off for $400.

They gave me a contract of 850. Told me will try to transport for 800 which is all I had. Calls me the day before pick up and raised my price and Justin the man who gave this information wouldn't call me back, emailed me. So a contract means crap. They will raise your price and then pick up my car a day later. They promised me so yes, got someone else. 900 was my price.

I had two cars picked up from Massachusetts and shipped to Tampa Florida. Everything was good in the beginning. They said they will pick it up at a certain day/time and they did. From that point it went down. The drivers (Mike and one other person) who came to pick up the cars went around my BMW and marked it for scratches in the front and back. I didn't see any scratches and asked them why did they mark, they said to feel the bumper underneath. I felt the bumper Underneath and found it was rough under the front bumper but was smooth in the back, so I said they should remove the marks they had in their BOL for the back since it does not have any. They agreed and scratched it from the BOL. Now the cars were taken away and was supposed to be delivered on Aug 6th as per the email from the carrier.

No email/phone on that day and two days later they brought it in. Not a big deal since I had a rental car. I walked around the car and found scratches in the rear of my car, like if another car name plate hit my car. I showed it to the driver and said this is not how I shipped it. He was upset but asked me to write it down in the notes, which I did and he took off. Now I called the American Auto transporters and reported the scratches. They asked me to take pictures and send it to them, which I did. No response. 2 days later the carrier called me and said that is how the car was when picked up. Now this upset me and told him to look at the BOL when picked up. They were to get back to me. No response, so I called again to the American Auto transporters office and was looking for Clifford ** since he was the one who took the order.

Immediately when he knew I called him, he said the claims manager will talk to me. His name was Robert **. Totally rude tone in the most ruthless voices. He said the car was delivered exactly how it was picked up. I asked him did he see the BOL when it was picked up and he said the drivers who picked up the car marked them but then I forced them to scratch it off, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? This aggravated me the most. It was like he was talking to someone who does not have COMMON SENSE. Just because a customer is asking to scratch off something from the BOL the drivers will do it. I told him clearly there were no scratches when it was picked up and it is their responsibility to get it fixed, and he said NO.

Well the only thing I can do with having shipped my cars through them and spent 1600 dollars for shipping is to write a review so that anyone who thinks to ship the cars through them will take a step back and not to do business with them. In short the summary with my experience I will say, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN AUTO TRANSPORTERS SINCE THEY TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES THEY HAVE CAUSED TO THE CAR.

I recently dealt with the customer service with this company and have to say that they provide a horrible service. When I first dealt with the sales representative, he assured me that they will find a carrier for my vehicle within two-three business days. I made the reservation with this company a month prior to the actual date that I wanted my vehicles shipped. I called them weekly to see if they had found a carrier for my vehicle and the answer that I got was "when we find a carrier we will call you".

The day prior that I was supposed to my vehicle shipped I called to confirm to see if they had found me a carrier. Same answer "WE WILL CALL YOU". I decided to cancel and go with another carrier. I canceled VIA-Email like they requested aND within a hour of my cancellation they send me an email saying that I owe the 100.00 cancellation fee since there was a carrier for one of my cars. All in all, to anyone that is going to use this company. I suggest you brace yourself for a rude awakening.

After having two other shipping companies flake on me last minute, I received a call from American Auto Transport promising to pick up my vehicle the same day. After vigorously promising to pick up my vehicle, I gave my card info to secure the deposit. After a few hours with no word from company or driver I called back and was told I would receive a call back in five minutes to see what was the hold up. Alas, that call never came. I called back once again and got the answering machine. Long story short, I had to leave Florida without shipping my vehicle. Terrible way to do business, if my debit card is charged for services not rendered I will be filing suit. It's always nice to have a lawyer for a brother.

Worst customer service ever received. I submitted information for a quote. Once given the price, the representative asked if I wanted to ship. I informed him I just wanted a quote and will look around. He stated word for word "Drive it your own damn self since you're so cheap." I would never recommend anyone to even visit their website.

Signed contract for $550 on Feb 20. Rec'd call from them 2 days before scheduled pick-up. Was told company has enough trucks and not enough drivers. 1 day before rec'd a call that, if they supply us with a driver, the cost will now be about $900. Of course we did not use this company. We are going back to NJ by Amtrak Auto Train. We lost the money we paid for our airline tickets. Very bad experience. They claim to be in business for 25 yrs and have a network of 2,500 transport truck drivers. Be aware of their business practices for "snowbirds". As I told them, we may be old but we are not stupid...

The company charged my credit card $250.00 after I cancelled my contract with them. I cancelled the contract within minutes after I returned the signed contract. I found out they have a bad reputation and not a certified carrier. I used another carrier from South Beach which was much cheaper.

POOR SERVICE! QUOTED PRICE WENT UP TWICE BEFORE WE GOT OUR CAR! LOTS OF AGGRAVATION AND FRUSTRATION!!! We first contacted American Auto Transporters on 11/06/14 and tried to get our car picked up either the 11th or 12th of November. They finally picked up our car on 11/17 and delivered it today 11/18. Not bad for a trip from Va to Ga.!!! They took our $150 deposit and I had to make contact with them every time afterwards. No call backs, no emails and if I hadn't kept on top of them we still wouldn't have our car delivered.

Every time I called, they had to check the availability of drivers, and call me back to say they didn't have one available or make a ridiculous request like....pay us the full amount and try to have a neighbor accept the delivery. We didn't have neighbors because we hadn't moved into our house. Then they made a similar suggestion of us paying upfront and them dropping the car at the unoccupied house and hiding the keys on the property. WE HAVE TRANSPORTED OUR VEHICLES CROSS COUNTRY (with other companies) WITH LESS TROUBLE THAN WE HAD WITH THIS COMPANY!! Ship with anyone else before using this company because no other company could be worse.

Drove for them as car hauler. Don't tell you how much the load would pay. You will find after 14 days. Don't tell you where the load would go until you reach the terminal. Most of the employees are racist. Not a place to work as a car hauler if you are an immigrant with an accent.. regardless how you do your job, good or bad. False ads, no dispatch after 5 pm. Cannot refuse a load. You will get 5 unit loads with 5 stops. You piss a dispatcher, he will give you load after load that the most hardcore trucker don't wanna do.

For the past few years, I have had my car shipped round trip from Canton, MA to Ft. Lauderdale, FL by this company. I dropped the car (Camry Hybrid) off at SWAD in Ft Lauderdale on May 14, 2014 for the return trip. It was delivered to Canton on May 22. When I opened the trunk, it was obviously vandalized. There were large amounts of gravel sitting on top of the luggage. Bags were torn open and contents thrown about. A large ladies navy purse was left opened and a bag of fashion jewelry inside was taken. Also, a blood pressure monitor in a black leather case was taken. A ladies golf top was stepped on and a black footprint was embedded on it. There may be more missing, but I will not know until I go about looking for things.

I immediately brought the vandalism and theft to the attention of the Canton office. We spoke on three separate occasions regarding this very disturbing incident. They contacted the driver who said he would question his relief driver who rides with him. No one knows anything. I am heartbroken about the theft and I can only conclude that my car was left unlocked either during the trip or in the terminals. It would be the only way to get into the trunk other than a key. The trunk showed no damage of forced entry. American said they have security cameras in their lot. Why weren't they checked on the date the car was backed against a fence in their lot where there is plenty of gravel in order to rule out theft at their terminal? Obviously, American does not feel a responsibility to their customers. Security measures are lacking. DO NOT USE THEM. Please address this issue. Thank you.

Just shipped our customer's vehicle from NJ to HI. The first reservation never made it after 2 weeks of promised pickup date due to "no carriers around area", when we received several e-mails after reservation that there are "many" trucks in our area. On 2nd attempt, they raised the amount by $100, after we already signed the contract with previous rate. They picked up the car after 2-3 days after the promised dates. However, they didn't even bother to follow up or contact the receiving person after 4 days of arrival. So I had to track down and find out myself after 4 days of arrival. The person who calls after you make reservation sounds like he will do anything and everything. But once you make reservation, your customer service person seems to be missing... no phone call, no e-mail reply.... Please do yourself a favor. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Made a deal to have my car pickup in NC in Wednesday, Sept 18th (paid my deposit $150.00). Today Thursday, Sept 19th @ 9pm, I'm still waiting to have the car picked up!!

I contracted with this company, explaining that I was to move 2400 miles away, and that after that date, NO ONE would be available to sign for my car to be shipped, so we had to make a firm set date prior to that. This booking was set three weeks prior. A nice sounding rep named Jessica answered my calls and questions and told me to have the car ready on June 7 or 8th at the latest. On June 7th, I phoned her to ask when I could expect them as I fly out today. She indicated it would be by the end of the day on the 8th. I phoned them all day on the 8th, (yesterday) and not only did Jessica not answer my phone calls, but neither did customer service. When someone finally did answer, they said, "We have no drivers in your area for the next few weeks." Then they hung up. Now, I am leaving and have no one to ship my car. I looked at their feedback online and they are listed as the worst in the business. BEWARE!

I talked to Richard on Thursday, May 18, to pick up my vehicle. They had called me regarding a quote from earlier in the week. Richard assured me on Thursday that my vehicle would be picked up by the following Tuesday, May 21. He told me to call him Monday to see if we could schedule an earlier pick up. He never answered my calls or called me back after that. I called customer service Wednesday, May 22, to find out why nobody had called me or picked up my vehicle. He was extremely rude and told me that they didn't have any trucks in the area.

I called Richard back several times through the day. He never answered or called back. I finally called another phone number I found online and got a hold of another dispatcher. He told me that the truck would be here on Tuesday, May 28. Here it is and no call. I called customer service this morning and he was extremely rude again. He said no truck was available. I asked him who was lying, the dispatcher or himself, since the dispatcher told me that there was a truck in the area for Tuesday pick up. He said he saw that in his system but the truck couldn't pick up?? I will NEVER use American Auto Transporters again!

They shipped two of my autos, damaged both of them and refused to acknowledge that the damage was their fault. I took them to small claims court. Service is horrible. They ship so many cars that you can't get info on your vehicle. They don't return calls and are rude.

My husband and I have used this company numerous times and have never had such issues! Our car took 11 days to get from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Quincy, MA. (It's put on a truck!) The mileage was up 1,000 miles, and the gas was down half a tank! There were TomTom marks on the windshied (I have navigation.), and I really can't be positive about the Ray Bans missing from the above compartment! When I called Canton to vent, the rude people yelled at me for not having my reservation number! Needless to say, Ft. Lauderdale blamed Canton, and Canton blamed Ft. Lauderdale! Never again. And I have a lot of friends, who will also choose another company next season!

American Auto Transporters Company Profile