2. Homeowners

Illinois

3.9/5 (203 ratings)

About ComEd

ComEd Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ComEd?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ComEd?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

ComEd has fraudulent placed a bill on my account that I don't owe. They are bullying me to pay for services I never had. I got all of my legal documents to prove it wasn't me. I made police reports. I've sent the information they asked for 5 times. No one can find it. I have proof they have it... now they want to cut my lights off. I'm calling my local news tomorrow. This is horrible that this is happening. My name is Theresa **. I'm reporting this in the morning to Channel 7 Fox News and WGN. This is crazy. All the reps are rude... and are of no help. I will not allow ComEd to force me to pay for something that's not mine. They said 45 days this will be taken care of. It's been 90 days and no one will talk to me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Good evening to all, usually I get a great customer service agent until these past few days. I am on oxygen now so because of all my medical needs my lights & gas cannot be shut off. I am just now getting a monthly income coming in which isn't a lot yet. It will help pay the bills, I also just got put on the life support program ComEd has for people like me. My light bill is due on the 6th yet my money comes on the 7th of the month, so I reached out to the billing dept. They told me things like I should have paid the bill when I got it out the mailbox, that I need to find a way to get the money. I don't understand why I am being told so many different things why they are being rude esp. on the phone. I just want them to know that I will have the money on the 7th the day after it's due and that it will be paid before 6 pm. Please don't kick me off the program and please don't shut off my lights. I need my lights.

Can you please teach your customer service people to stop being rude to people esp. us who are not being rude to them, this world has a lot of crazy people out here. Treat us the same way you will like to be treated. Also can you please tell us the right answer for this when we pay our bills at an agent. How long does it take for ComEd to get it and post it to our account. Also for people who are on the life support program for the very 1st bill only can we please get a grace period to pay it as well as adding in the day it will be posted on the account. Or just giving us a grace period to pay it. I really don't care how long it takes you to put it on my bill, I just want to make sure you have it before shutting my lights off. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, ESP FOR READING THIS BOOK. As you can see by this long review I am very serious about paying my bills on time now.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Never have I had worse customer service in my life! I got a call this morning that said my service was due to be disconnected due to non-payment. I am set up with auto pay through their website! I contacted my bank ALL of my payments have been made, I went to my account page on your website says I am all paid up. But I got a call from a Jhon **, who said I had to pay 400.00 within 45 minutes to keep my service, I told him "I am a business, I have received no letters from you, if you take my power away it will cost me greatly!!" He didn't give a crap, I told him I will go online and pay, he said no it had to be paid through some stupid Bitcoin vending machine, I went WAY out of my way to 2 different locations, with him online talking me through the process, and him having me talk to 3 different tech support people, keeping me talking for more than 2 hours.

He said since It didn't work he had no choice but to disconnect, I pleaded with him, and yes got angry at him, this was ridiculous, I made all of my payments. A few minutes later someone saying he was a manager called me and said if I made a payment right NOW, he will give me 2 months service credit. At this Point, I have been late to work and left work twice to take care a problem that was NOT my fault, I paid my bill! I got back to the original guy, Jhon **, he said he found a way to give me to Monday to get to a Kiosk and pay a bill I didn't owe! Then I was transferred back (Yes it was as bad as it sounds!!) to the other guy who started to threaten me, but then said he would give me till Monday as well, 3 hours later! And still if you look at your own website it shows my account as current!

Then it gets worse, I called back to ask this John ** if I could make an extra payment at a currency exchange, but he is gone for the day and some tool named Thomas ** answers, would NOT let me explain what happened, all he did was threaten me. I told him I was at work, he didn't care, he told me to leave NOW, drive to yet another kiosk, pay this bill, I tried, and I tried to explain to him it was impossible, I have spent 3 hours of my workday getting hassled, he kept threatening me, every time I tried to talk, he would say "If you talk again I will hang up, pay it today or I can keep your service off for weeks"...

Finally I could not take any more, tried again to explain, and he hung up on me. Thomas ** is really the person you have managing your company? All he kept telling me was that he was the GM, what anyone else told me did not matter, he was god, would not be reasonable at ALL. If this really is your example of customer service, WOW. I once again went on your website, it shows MY bill is current. PLEASE advise.

Original review: May 2, 2018

We had our electricity disconnected today to our surprise. Received no notice. Yesterday received bill dated for 5/9. Was paying it on Friday. Called and talked to representative. Because it was disconnected, they need the entire balance plus all the fees paid. Was sent to get assistance for liheap due to being out of work and receiving treatments for cancer. Went to their offices. I was told by the Community Connects Inc that my paperwork was given to the rep and they would contact me by 4 pm to see if we qualified for assistance. Same thing the ComEd rep said to me. They said there was no reason that we couldn't have it turned back on later today. Well, liheap sucks.

No one called me, so my children, husband and I sit in a dark house, trying to get homework done, I am not feeling well after my treatment today. We are embarrassed, feel like there is NO true help anywhere, and have lost all faith in fair and ethical practices in business. If I had received a notice, we wouldn't be sitting here in the dark. It would have been taken care of. ComEd told me that it is the USMail's fault... Really? How about a phone call or something? No follow through, just complete monopoly that doesn't truly care about anyone. And another reviewer is right. These smart meters are not very smart. Our numbers from "readings" have been all over the place. Smh.... SCAM!

Original review: March 4, 2018

All my ComEd bills show previous and present usage from my Smart Meter readings. The last 2 bills one for $258 and the most current for $151 do not show "Previous" and "Present" meter readings, but show a difference of 2500KWh and 1800KWh. I will not be paying as they have showed no proof of what my meter was before and what it was when read. For all they or I know it moved 1KWh for the month.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Commonwealth Edison is the only company that offers rate changes with option to lessen your bill on peak days. That works when you turn electricity off between certain hours throughout the day!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

ComEd is excellent. Easy to use to pay your bill with 2-3 ways to choose from. They installed the Smart meter and it is cool because they not only offer ways to cut down but the best during the summer months, they offer you $20 off your monthly bill if you agree to allow them to cycle down your AC for 1 hr, you don't even notice it. How's that for service?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

They make a strong effort to keep the community safe during storms and keep the power on even in the worst of times. Recent winds made it necessary to cut down some trees that were too close to power lines and homes, and they were proactive in getting it done.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I signed the lease on my current residence in February but didn't actually move in until March. Imagine my surprise when I received a bill over $300 when there was nobody here and I only came in during the day to bring small boxes which fit in my truck. This continued to happen even though the house does not have electric heat. It is gas. I also have no A/C in the house so when warmer months rolled around, I still couldn't understand why I was consistently receiving bills over $300. I kept calling to figure out why my bill was so high especially during the month no one was living here. I tried twice to have someone come out and evaluate the home. They canceled due to the technician "being sick" both times so I was frustrated into forgetting about it as the rest of life happened. I believe I called 1 or 2 more times but was treated rudely so I just stopped trying.

In June, it started to get hot so I had plugged in several fans throughout the house. I was afraid what this was going to do to my electric bill. All of a sudden, my bill was $39 and so has lingered right around that same amount. I can't help but think I was severely overcharged considering we now use more electricity than we have in the past months living here. They have yet to acknowledge any wrong doing or oversight on their part.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

They claim these new digital meters are to save energy and lower your bill but this is a total scam! Since they replaced my meter my bills have been getting higher and higher each month. When they installed it they did not do a good job because the actual meter has been falling slowly but since it's in a box which the box is on the outside wall the box must be holding it from completely falling over. I have called ComEd and was told that it is my responsibility to get an electrician and pay for it for something that ComEd failed to properly install. Why? Because the meter is in my box... really? I had no problems with the old meter that was there for many years prior to them tampering with it and replacing this "new meter".

ComEd Company Information