Call toll free
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

People to People International Student Travel Programs turn the world into a classroom, creating an educational and inspirational experience that cultivates meaningful connections between students from across the US and from different countries.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s vision of creating “peace through understanding” is still at the core of every one of their international summer travel programs for middle, high school and college students.

Programs are offered to Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Central America.

View More View More

People to People International Student Travel Programs Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

People to People has been a part of my life for 14 years. As a world language educator, there is no better educational experience for students than being immersed in language and culture. People to People offers this and so much more. I was a leader in the inaugural Spanish Immersion program during the summer of 2019. Students were completely immersed in the Spanish language and culture for 30-days. They came back more confident, self-reliant, responsible young people with a greater appreciation of the Spanish way of life. They also improved their Spanish tremendously through interaction with locals, experiencing a week-long homestay, and getting 30-hours of Spanish language instruction at an international school. This program changes lives and opens doors to experiences students cannot get inside of a traditional classroom. The friendship and bond the students create during a People to People itinerary really does last a lifetime!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I absolutely loved the trip I had the honor to be on in July of 2019 to Costa Rica. We helped, donated and were educated on so many amazing and definitely time and energy worthy causes that can save and change lives. Getting the opportunity to not only help, but meet the people we were helping will stay with me for the rest of my life. Community service is something I truly love to do, so the fact that I can combine community service with traveling around the world with an amazing organization surrounded by wonderful people is nearly surreal.

I am currently signed up to go on the trip to South Africa this coming summer in July of 2020 and I couldn’t be more happier and excited to go. Having an opportunity of a lifetime to not only travel, but touch the hearts of those I meet on my travels makes me genuinely happy and proud to be part of this beautiful organization. Thank you all so much for all the outstanding work you do around the world and for giving regular people like me opportunities we would’ve never gotten otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My daughter was on the Celtic Cultures. She went to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and London. The destination was interesting to her, a little different, and a little bit off the beaten path, which to me was an interesting itinerary too. My other children have gone on People to People, so I was very familiar with this company. I've seen other programs, and the quality is high. The cost is high but it’s worth money, and it includes a lot. It was an extraordinary opportunity for her. She built wonderful friendships and she got to see behind-the-scenes in each country. It was great experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My son got a letter from People to People the year before, and I have friends whose children went on the trips. My daughter then went on the Celtic trip in the summer. She had the most fun with the very active activities that required the most activity like the white-water rafting and rappelling. She is definitely more of an activities person rather than a sit-and-listen-to-somebody-lecture. She also enjoyed learning some industry and making friends. That destination was one of the two near in our region and she felt more comfortable because everybody spoke English. She saw a lot, which was a plus for her. She has expressed interest in going again on another trip like to Eastern Europe in the Balkans.

The only complaint that she had was that of the bagged lunches because she hated them. It would have been nice for them to have more local cuisine, even if they had to plan for that and bring money with them. I wished they weren't quite as expensive too. But, as far as everything else, the chaperones were great, and there was a lot of communication from them. Also, I would encourage them to continue to have as many active things as they do.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I have traveled with People to People International both as a former student ambassador and now, as a leader. I have led trips for 5 years, spanning 20+ countries. Each trip is well-planned, engaging, immersive, and fun! Students participate in pre-travel preparation activities geared to get them ready for travel. Once we are on program, students participate in a variety of activities! From taking surfing lessons in Australia, to meeting a former member of Parliament in England, these trips are amazing!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about People to People International Student Travel Programs?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Travel with purpose - the motto says everything! The People to People Student Travel Program is educational, behind the scenes experiences and FUN! I cannot say enough about it. From the leader training, to the student training, to the itinerary, to the program support while abroad, and the experiences we were able to have while abroad! We met international students - spent time with them, met a former MP in London for a discussion, sampled international cuisine, had an art lesson and a cooking lesson in Paris, learned to sail and windsurf, and so much more! This is a unique, and quality program. It is not enough in the modern world to sit behind a computer and watch a video - true learning and understanding comes from experiencing the world. The People to People program does exactly that. To sum it up, I took a group of strangers abroad and brought home a family. That is worth more than anything.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have been traveling with People to People Student Travel for over 25 years. The experiences students are life changing! They are actually able to experience other cultures and have an understanding of how other people live. It is our goal to promote Peace Through Understanding. I have seen incredible growth of my students after traveling on one of our amazing programs! Travel is truly the only thing you can buy that makes you richer!

People to People International Student Travel Programs Company Information