2. Travel
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 5.00/5

People to People International Student Travel Programs turn the world into a classroom, creating an educational and inspirational experience that cultivates meaningful connections between students from across the US and from different countries.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s vision of creating “peace through understanding” is still at the core of every one of their international summer travel programs for middle, high school and college students.

Programs are offered to Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Central America.

View More View More
People to People International Student Travel Programs Call Now Toll Free (844) 949-0688 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

People to People International Student Travel Programs Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

As both a teacher-leader and as the parent of 3 former PTP student travelers, I have personally experienced this wonderful program from both viewpoints. The itineraries are action-packed, melding the best of city, town and countryside, from meetings with city officials to Ambassadors and Members of Parliament, from rappelling down European Castles to snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef to strolling the Great Wall of China.

Every day is an adventure, sometimes physically or mentally challenging but far from the beaten path of most student travel programs. The service projects are meaningful and memorable, from cutting peat bog in Ireland for winter fuel to working and playing goalball with blind adults in Valencia, Spain to gain insight into their daily lives. The program leaders are well-prepared in both student-management and safety, ensuring that the travelers have the best, most fun-filled educational experience possible. I know that traveling on People to People changed all three of my own children into the confident world travelers that they are today.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Going on a People to People trip was the best experience of my life. I was able to visit so many beautiful places. I tried so many new foods and I loved it! It was a surreal experience and I could not believe where I was. Everyday was filled with so much fun and adventure. The best part was the people I was able to meet. I made friends that I still talk to. I met people who made my experience a million times better. We all became like a family in such a short time. From the very start everyone was so kind! The chaperones are also amazing. They were always on top of things, constantly watching out for the kids, and always helping us whenever we needed anything. They did so much for us. Overall, I would not trade this experience for anything in the world. I will cherish those spectacular memories for the rest of my life :).

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Both my children have taken the trip. My then 12-year old daughter went in 2015 and I liked the way it was ran. They chose my daughter and I did not even know anything like this existed. My son, most recently, did it last summer. I wanted him to do Tale of Two Cities, just like his sister did, and halfway through the program, I find out that he would have to fly by himself from California all the way to New York, and he's only 11 at that time. So, I said, “Okay, let’s go ahead and change.” We changed to the Irish Culture. Halfway through that, I find out again that he would have to fly by himself. There was a little bit of decline in communication with program coordinators and me as the parent. So, I had to change a third time.

This time, we found a delegation that was leaving together out of San Francisco, so they could fly to New York together and then out to Europe. So, that’s why we ended up choosing the European Legacies. My son's favorite was the Alpine Coaster when he was in Austria. People to People program exceeded their expectations. And, I would like my daughter to go either Australia or somewhere in Asia the summer from her junior into her senior year.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

People to People Student Travel is a wonderful hands-on, minds-on experience. Students get to experience other cultures and interact with students while traveling. People to People is a SAFE, FUN adventure. The pre-travel webinars cover everything from specific itineraries, to dining etiquette, to doing laundry while abroad. Leaders are background checked, CPR certified, First Aid certified and trained. Students return from a People to People program with their horizon broadened, their outlook changed and friends for life!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Back when my daughter was in fifth grade, People to People International Student Travel Programs had sent letters. We had gotten a letter in the mail and it said that they were People to People and that they do international travel and that it’s part of an educational program. It gave us a little description and then they offered a presentation where you went into an auditorium in Southern Maryland. We went and they had a big presentation and talked more about the trips that we were interested in. Then we signed up from there.

My daughter recently went to England and France. She was gone for about 20 days. She is in the theater and wanted to see the theater part of the trip. She also loves Harry Potter and was also drawn to that part of the trip, in addition to being on the London Eye and seeing parts of France, the Louvre and Eiffel Tower. She has also been on two other trips before that. She went to Australia and to Alaska.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about People to People International Student Travel Programs?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My daughter chose the Australia Odyssey program. Her older sister and her cousin both went on People to People Australia, so she thought she had to. It’s better to do it when you’re young. The program is good, but, seven years ago, I was more impressed with my older daughter. The other one had a little different housing and there were three days more

People to People would come to the school. It was very strong here in Chester County, and they had 40 students from this area. Both times my older daughter went, she was thrilled. Sharon, the leader, was outstanding with her in Europe. So, she was thrilled that she was the same leader. She talked about Bondi beach a lot, as well as the Opera House, Sydney Cricket Ground and the kangaroo. She also said that the home stay was outstanding, and she loved the wildlife preserve. The one thing that she was disappointed in, however, was the Aboriginal. She said, “It was okay. Throw the boomerang whatnot.” It was not as exciting as all the rest. Nevertheless, overall, I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

People to People has been a part of my life for 14 years. As a world language educator, there is no better educational experience for students than being immersed in language and culture. People to People offers this and so much more. I was a leader in the inaugural Spanish Immersion program during the summer of 2019. Students were completely immersed in the Spanish language and culture for 30-days. They came back more confident, self-reliant, responsible young people with a greater appreciation of the Spanish way of life. They also improved their Spanish tremendously through interaction with locals, experiencing a week-long homestay, and getting 30-hours of Spanish language instruction at an international school. This program changes lives and opens doors to experiences students cannot get inside of a traditional classroom. The friendship and bond the students create during a People to People itinerary really does last a lifetime!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I absolutely loved the trip I had the honor to be on in July of 2019 to Costa Rica. We helped, donated and were educated on so many amazing and definitely time and energy worthy causes that can save and change lives. Getting the opportunity to not only help, but meet the people we were helping will stay with me for the rest of my life. Community service is something I truly love to do, so the fact that I can combine community service with traveling around the world with an amazing organization surrounded by wonderful people is nearly surreal.

I am currently signed up to go on the trip to South Africa this coming summer in July of 2020 and I couldn’t be more happier and excited to go. Having an opportunity of a lifetime to not only travel, but touch the hearts of those I meet on my travels makes me genuinely happy and proud to be part of this beautiful organization. Thank you all so much for all the outstanding work you do around the world and for giving regular people like me opportunities we would’ve never gotten otherwise.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My daughter was on the Celtic Cultures. She went to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and London. The destination was interesting to her, a little different, and a little bit off the beaten path, which to me was an interesting itinerary too. My other children have gone on People to People, so I was very familiar with this company. I've seen other programs, and the quality is high. The cost is high but it’s worth money, and it includes a lot. It was an extraordinary opportunity for her. She built wonderful friendships and she got to see behind-the-scenes in each country. It was great experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My son got a letter from People to People the year before, and I have friends whose children went on the trips. My daughter then went on the Celtic trip in the summer. She had the most fun with the very active activities that required the most activity like the white-water rafting and rappelling. She is definitely more of an activities person rather than a sit-and-listen-to-somebody-lecture. She also enjoyed learning some industry and making friends. That destination was one of the two near in our region and she felt more comfortable because everybody spoke English. She saw a lot, which was a plus for her. She has expressed interest in going again on another trip like to Eastern Europe in the Balkans.

The only complaint that she had was that of the bagged lunches because she hated them. It would have been nice for them to have more local cuisine, even if they had to plan for that and bring money with them. I wished they weren't quite as expensive too. But, as far as everything else, the chaperones were great, and there was a lot of communication from them. Also, I would encourage them to continue to have as many active things as they do.

People to People International Student Travel Programs Company Information