1.10/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4121 Expedia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I booked a flight through Expedia hoping to make a 2nd honeymoon trip for myself and my husband. After a couple weeks, we received an email stating that the times we had selected were no longer available and had to choose another. Granted, the times were not that different but having to drive 2 hours to the airport, it was kind of a big deal. I called and confirmed that we would do it, but immediately after hanging up and talking to my husband, we agreed that we could not do it with trying to juggle my son's schedule that we had worked out with friends. I call them back within 10 minutes and told them our decision. I had also taken out insurance just in case this might happen. I also suffer from anxiety and with the changes, I just could not do it.

Needless to say, I was told nope, no refund or take the flight. I explained over and over and yet no. So, I went through the lengthy process of even having my doctor sign and document that I suffer from high anxiety and am on medication and could not make the trip. I documented everything they would need and got it to AIG insurance as even calling Delta did nothing. Well guess what? Nope there was a clause in the insurance about anxiety also that caused me to be out of $450.00 that we had been saving for our trip. I will never ever ever go through Expedia again nor will I take out insurance. It is a scam! You will be screwed no matter what!

So, Expedia took my money and didn't bat an eye. We have to save again for our trip and I am still sick that basically we just 'gave' them $450.00 and for what??? They would have been out nothing since it was a good 2 months before my flight. So I am still sick about it and will never ever make that mistake again. I am urging anyone and everyone to never go through a site as Expedia. You will get burned if an emergency comes up and you cannot go. Someone would have to pass away and you have to produce a death certificate to prove it. And in all honesty they would probably deny you anyway!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We booked Furnace Hill Lodge in Sheffield through Expedia for the weekend that our daughter was due to start University. We booked this one month before Freshers week as we knew that Sheffield was going to be busy and we wanted somewhere near to the Uni village so that we could look around the area. We also wanted a self catering apartment so that we could relax and have breakfast together before moving our daughter into her accommodation. The email from Expedia stated that no further confirmation was needed. However, we emailed Furnace Lodge 2 days before to check booking and inquire about check in details. We had no reply so phoned a day before we were due. The Lodge could not find us on their system and said they would call back but as time was of the essence, after 2 hours we called again.

This time the lodge explained that another customer was apparently already in the apartment and staying until Sunday. She had booked through Booking.com. Clearly shocked by this news, we asked what they would do about it as we had only had 24 hours to find alternative accommodation and had made our booking well in advance. They offered us alternative accommodation but had no details as to what this was, location or otherwise. They stated that no charge had been made to Expedia to date and so we should call them to cancel our reservation. We called Expedia, who at first offered to book us in somewhere else but again had little info regarding where this would be in Sheffield, price and to what standard.

We chose to cancel booking as had completely lost faith in company as they were clearly not vetting their registered providers. This was an extremely stressful situation to be in with only 24 hours available to find a hotel on one of the busiest weekends before Freshers week. In the end we booked directly with Travel Lodge which was not ideal, about 6 miles from original location and off busy roundabout/main road. We will not be using Expedia.com again or any other booking service, preferring to contact hotels direct as this is far more reliable and there is often very little difference in price.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have had numerous negative encounters with Expedia over the years. I am a gold member and I have been actively using Expedia, However every time I have an issue it’s the most complicated process dealing with Expedia's customer service. Expedia will not help you resolve anything. What is worse is that if you booked via Expedia airlines and hotels will not talk to you and you are forced with the tragedy that is Expedia customer care.

My most recent issue I that I had purchased tickets from NY to San Juan in October and I purchased the “Protect your trip” recommended by Expedia insurance. I needed to cancel my flight due to a work situation that came up and they basically told me the insurance is not through Expedia and I have to call Travel Guard. Travel Guard told me I do not qualify as someone else here mentioned you are only covered for sickness, death or natural disaster. Well any airline waives fees for these reasons why sell insurance for this. This is the worse scam done by Expedia by far. Expedia likes to brush it off as it’s not their insurance but Expedia not only sells it but Recommends it.

Needless to say I lost about $400 on Airline fees, the same fees the airline would apply had I booked directly with them. However at times you may get a manager sat the airline's customer care that may be more helpful than Expedia customer service. Now I totally understand all the nonrefundable nonsense and policies imposed by hotels and airlines, however if when the need arises to have this conversation why would I want to have this with Expedia customer care rather than the hotel or airline itself? I need someone from Expedia to explain to me their purpose for existing? Like why should I or anyone use them if they are zero help but an added problem.

I will no longer use Expedia and will not book directly with airlines and hotels. I must add not once have I found a cheaper rate on Expedia than hotel or airline websites. The other factor that is very disappointing is that hotels and airlines treat you like a second class citizen if you booked from a third party vendor like Expedia and I tested this and it’s 100% true. So again my question remains what is the purpose of using Expedia?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Horrible customer service. I purchased a plane ticket in January and was told I could cancel at any time with no hassle. I purchased an additional insurance for $35 and the lady on the phone from Expedia told me "that's only for if your family member dies". So, I paid $35 just in case somebody dies. Not what I was told at point of purchase. I will never use Expedia again and make sure my friends and family do not either. So now I am out $300+ and they refuse to do anything for me, even a flight credit.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was using Expedia to book flights and hotels for my colleagues who travel frequently for business. I prepaid a hotel stay which later had to be canceled due to a client changing a scheduled out of town meeting. I called Expedia and was told the hotel would not refund the stay but I later confirmed with the hotel that they would refund and it was Expedia not being honest. I have since seen similar experiences posted on this review site from other customers who experienced the same thing. I also tried to change a flight and use a credit provided by Expedia and waited on hold over 1.5 hours to complete the transaction and then did not receive an email confirmation as promised. I called back and incurred a further hour on the phone with customer service. I will deal directly with the airlines and hotels going forward and would never use Expedia again. They are not honest about their policies and the wait times are ridiculous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Expedia?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This app is not worthy of one star. It is the worst of the worst, of the worst. Also, this is the first time I’ve felt compelled to write a bad review. I’ve been traveling through Asia and not once have my hotel reservations been seamless. The first night — okay people make mistakes... our reservation wasn’t in the system. The person who had to resolve the issue for us was the hotel’s manager, not Expedia, who after seeing us making a scene past midnight, decided to contact a completely different hotel in order to place us in there since even though we had reserved the rooms and had already paid for them — they were not available. Reminds me of that one episode of Seinfeld and the rental car... only I’m not laughing but crying!

On the second night my partners and I found ourselves stranded in the mammoth metropolis of Beijing at night because the address on the Expedia listing was wrong — we did not misread it! There simply was no Super 8 hotel on that street, or at that address, or anywhere nearby. So we had to walk for miles and miles, dragging our heavy baggage all over the center of Beijing, trying to find a different hotel. It was impossible to grab a taxi at that time of night, and if it weren’t because of a Good Samaritan who spoke Spanish and told us how to take the subway to a different hotel, I’m pretty sure we would have had to spend the night in the streets, like vagabond dogs. When we finally arrived at our new hotel it was four times as much as what we paid for through the app... And this is the day that we still haven’t gotten reimbursed for those charges. We were soaked in sweat, hungry, cranky as hell, and oh so dismally tired... a hellish experience.

But dear traveler, wait, it gets better! Then we traveled to Yancheng, and we decided to book a five-star hotel to alleviate the discomfort we had been feeling since our odyssey in Beijing... but surprise surprise! You guessed it. They messed up our reservation once again... And we had to make another scene, and spend two hours in an international phone call with Expedia to fix the problem so that the hotel could honor our reservation, which was already paid for. Communication was almost impossible since none of the Expedia reps could speak Chinese. They should really staff for Asia since so many people in the world speak Mandarin.

Finally I don’t know if it was the hotel that didn’t want us in the lobby souring up the place, or if they really were able to confirm our reservation... but we were finally able to check in. By that time the luxuries like the spa were closed... so there it went down the drain... our sweet five-star comfort. Traveling friends, dear assistants, hated enemies, I urge you to avoid this app at all costs, unless you are willing to suffer, get fired, or sleep in the comfortable filth of Beijing’s concrete sidewalks. You’ve been warned!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I booked two refundable rooms through Expedia. When our dates changed and I tried to increase the dates from one to two days and the hotel could not accommodate us I canceled both rooms. Expedia would only refund for one room. I was told the hotel would not refund the second room. After calling the hotel I called back Expedia, told them, in fact, it was them that refused to return payment. Their response was, "too bad." I will never use this company again as this is not the first time we have had issues with them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

For one week I have been in contact with the representatives at Expedia - listed below. For the majority of the phone calls I have been on hold. All I want to do is change my flights as we cannot take our flights that are booked any longer. Each time I have spoken with a representative I have been given different information regarding the booking. I have had to repeat myself over and over as there hasn't seemed to be any record of my previous conversations. I contacted the airline directly to change my flights but was told I would be unable to do so as Expedia made the booking and therefore had to change it for me.

I then called Expedia again who told me that was not the case and that I could change the flights directly with the airline. I called the airline, and again was told I couldn't change my flights. I called Expedia, and the rep told me he would email a written authority to the airline that said I was able to now change the flights myself.

I called the airline after waiting to make sure there was time for this to go through, and again was told there was no record of this and that I couldn't change my booking. I have now been on the phone for over an hour (see below) - most of which on hold - where I was initially told that I was unable to change the booking myself, so I tried to book through the rep, who then gave me the price of flights being an extra $1000 on top of what I have paid. I had the flights in front of me and it was only an additional $200 including the $110 change fee, I asked for prices over different days and was told they would be more expensive although she couldn't confirm as she hadn't checked.

The same rep then told me I would be able to call the airline myself and change the booking - to which I said I have tried that 3 times and it was not correct - and now she said she would call the airline and transfer me through to change it myself. When she came back to me, she now said that I could not deal directly with the airline, and that I would need to go through her. Surely you can understand my frustration and impatience at the way this has been handled. Our flight is due to leave in just over 24 hours, and I am already losing $2400 on the accommodation that cannot be changed, I absolutely do not want to lose the money on my flights as well just because of it not being handled by your staff in time. I have been trying to change this for over a week now and it really shouldn't be this frustrating and difficult.

Here is a list of the times spent on the phone with your representatives for more than 10 minutes (there are over 15 other phone calls that are less than 10 minutes!). 11th Sep 6.59 pm - 15 mins. 11th Sep - 7.16 pm - 19 mins. 13th Sep 5.14 pm - 31 mins. 17th Sep 9.07 am - 21 mins. 17th Sep 7.24 pm - 59 mins. 17th Sep 10.01 pm - 68 mins.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I purchased tour through Expedia.com that was provided by City Wonders, paying $194. Even though we arrived 20 minutes prior the begging time, we were not able to locate meeting point of the tour that they decided to place at the Metro station of the busy city! We ran around like idiots with no luck. After missing the tour, I contacted City Wonders directly attempting to get a refund for services that I did not receive; however, their customer service was so rude and not cooperative that I decided to contact Expedia. At first, they pretended to cooperate but 3 days later I realized they were wasting my time when they finally advised there was nothing they could do.

Moreover, knowing that I was furious and would want to leave a negative review, they advised me (and I quote words from their e-mail to me!): "be advised that if you want to post a public feedback, that option is available for hotels only, if you wish to share your complaint with us, you can reply to this email and we will take actions." Needless to say that this was not true as tour add I booked had several reviews posted and VERIFIED BY EXPEDIA! I consider this as misrepresentation and dishonest way of doing business as well as horrible handling of clients interests.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I booked a hotel stay in Iceland thru Expedia. The cost was $2241 US, billed to my credit card. When I checked out of the hotel, I asked for a receipt and I got one from the hotel showing the total room cost of $1697. The hotel billed $1697 and Expedia paid that amount to the Sand Hotel. I paid $ 2241, a 25% higher rate than the hotel would have charged me had I booked directly. I called the hotel manager who intervened on my behalf but Expedia would not listen to him. I called Expedia and emailed them with all the paperwork and they told me that I because I agreed to the rate when I paid it, there is nothing they can do. Dealing with them was very difficult since Expedia outsources and I had a great deal of difficulty understanding the English of the people at Expedia. The manager at Expedia was rude and shouted at me and then hung up.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

www.expedia.com be aware. Show prices as $** but this US$. Make a mistake in any country other than USA you will get a rude shock. No way on website to change currency. A rip off. And so easily for Expedia to fix. Expedia has the money and trying deal with Expedia through customer support message service you will believe you are dealing with robots. Could not recommend Expedia for any type of booking.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Booked trip through Expedia to Ireland from the US. Purchased extra car insurance, arrive to get rental, they say insurance is no good. Well I could use it but had to leave a $2000 cash deposit for car as they don't recognize insurance. Paid an additional $450 through car rental company, got back to US, read the EXPEDIA insurance "fine print" and it even says many rental places won't take their insurance, so DO NOT BUY THEIR INSURANCE. IT IS JUST A PROFIT CENTER WITH NO VALUE TO CONSUMER, should be investigated.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I booked a flight on July 30th for September 23rd through September 27th. I purchased the insurance policy to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Unfortunately, something came up with the family I was supposed to visit. I contacted Expedia who just rambled off the insurance policy to me and provided me with Travel Guard's phone number. I called Travel Guard and they pushed me off to AON, a third party vendor who deals with claims. I called AON who told me my options were to either cancel my flight and take a chance on having my claims report approved or follow through with my flight. So I either fly and impose on the family that I'm supposed to visit as they go through a difficult time or I lose out on the money.

NO ONE even tried to help me. Each person I talked to read the policy to me verbatim and shoved me on to someone else. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed and unsatisfied with the customer service. I don't understand how hard it would be to offer a flight voucher so that I could use it in the future. Not only would Expedia still get my business, but they would be able to open my seat up and most likely make more on the flight. So glad I could just give an extra $26 for a bogus policy with endless amounts of red tape.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I booked a hotel stay for the Aug 11 & 12 on Aug 10 at 4:30 pm. When I arrived at the hotel the next day, they showed my reservation for Aug 10 only. I paid the hotel direct for my two day stay. Contacted Expedia about the error and refund, and they said nothing could be done. They refused to refund my money. Will never use their services again. Buyer beware!

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2018

Woohoo!!! I am pleased to announce that around 30 mins after my previous review, Paypal and Expedia alerted me to my refund being processed. The £233 pounds that was outstanding has been refunded.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In February, of this year, I was in Barcelona and booked my stay via Expedia. Due to a glitch on the website my payment went through but I got no reservation confirmation which resulted in me booking again and a 2nd payment being taken off my PayPal. After NUMEROUS emails and Expedia actually agreeing to refund me, I'm STILL, 7 months later, waiting for my 233 Pounds. Of course, I've been following up in writing but Expedia Travel Support doesn't even have the decency of responding anymore. I won't be using EXPEDIA again nor will I ever with a good heart be able to recommend them. I think I've been patient enough.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I spent 2h40' yesterday on the phone with Sofi. Today another 1h37' with Cindy trying to change this flight. They told me that part of the first leg had not been taken. I sent the boarding passes showing all flights were taken. Sofi asked me to wait for 24h for Iberia's authorization and somebody from Expedia would call me. Nobody called. I called and spoke with Cindy.

After 1h37' she told me again about the supposedly "non-taken" flight. I asked to speak with her supervisor. Waited another 10 minutes and I just decided to hang-up. I called Iberia right after. They made the change I needed. Nobody told me anything about the "non-taken" flight, it will cost me US$ 434,00, and I spent 23 minutes with them on the phone. Honestly, it is very frustrating, and I do not see any benefits of using Expedia, as at the end the cost is not a big difference from what we can find on airlines' websites, and it is always very difficult to make changes. I am very inclined to not use Expedia anymore for our employees, and from now on, I will only use it if I can't find any other solution.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The car insurance Expedia sells is not recognized by any and all of the car rental companies they work with. It's a scam. Further, when you contact Expedia to cancel the insurance and ask for a refund they give you every excuse in the book why they won't make a refund.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Booked a hotel for stay near Yosemite at Yosemite Westgate Lodge. Expedia price was $199.99 with taxes etc. It was $229.99. When we went to the lodge we discovered that the price at the lodge itself was $129.99. With taxes it was like $149.99. For believing in Expedia it costed us $80 extra per day. Called Expedia to get help. It went to somewhere in Philippines. They were first of all not clear. They dont have any commitment to help. They were only explaining me how Expedia works. They never showed any intention of helping at all. The lady said she will call back and never called. I am really upset. Spoke to the lodge clerk. She did nothing either. Morning apple to the owner. Was an Patel. He had no intention of helping either. All in all Expedia is dwindling people. They are nothing but robbers. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND SPOIL MY VACATION.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I purchased a vacation package to Exuma, Bahamas. A few days later, I thought it would be a good idea to book transportation to the hotel, a shuttle, a car rental etc. I noticed that my airport was in Nassau Bahamas and my hotel was in Exuma. I realized that there was water in between the island. Not really knowing how far the island was from one another, I decided to call Expedia. I was thinking maybe there’s a water taxi or something. After I was placed on hold like for an hour. The agent told me not to worry. That the hotel has water ferry that would only charge me $35 a 40 minute ride. That made perfect sense to me. She assured me that she had left instructions with the hotel to provide me with transportation.

I took it upon myself to reach out to the hotel to confirm that they would be picking us up and the hotel immediately told us that transportation would be waiting for us in the airport. Now I didn’t specify that I was arriving at Nassau because of my previous conversation with Expedia. Day of arrival. Turns out that there was no transportation waiting for me since the only way to reach the Exuma island is by plane. OMG. I cancelled my reservation with the hotel for that night because I was obviously not going to make it. But Expedia refused to refund us for that night. Expedia says we stayed at the hotel that night, what? I was in a different island.

We had to rent a hotel at that late hour with a little baby. We rented a night at a hotel close by. I called Expedia who explained to me that night, mind you 2 hours on the phone with them. They explained to me that I picked the wrong airport. Excuse me??? I book a vacation package and if that airport was available then its because it’s reachable by land people. I didn’t book flight and hotel separately, I booked them together.

Maybe, I picked that airport because it had the better hours to fit my vacation needs but I wouldn’t be booking a flight to Puerto Rico to stay in Santo Domingo, that just doesn’t make any sense. That airport should never been a choice for me to pick and then the wrong information was absurd. We had to spend between hotel and airfare $1200 more not to mentioned we lost 2 days of our destination. We were only going for 4 nights and ended staying only 2 in Exuma because we had to spend 2 days in Nassau. Expedia response was, "I’m sorry" but there’s nothing they can do. And that was that.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Not able to change my flight date even after I called 24 hours after the purchase. They would charge me $800 to change my return flight date. I order my return flight with another company and after wanting my return flight airport tax refund it took me 5 calls to obtain some response, with a promise they will call me back but they NEVER did. DON'T ORDER YOUR FLIGHT WITH THEM. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Unfortunately I cannot rate them zero star, for example we hired a car and asked for (you guessed) a car, they then charged for a sat nav system that was fitted in the car which we did not request, REALLY they will be charging for wheels and windscreen next I'm guessing? The really sad thing is they do not read emails that point out their mistakes (even after 16) so it seems the reality is they do not give a damn about customers. A lot of bad companies out there but at least many have a method to make a complaint, they are also very sneaky about canceling their requests for feedback when they associate you with a complaint in order to 'fake' review which is just bad form.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My son had to have surgery hours away from home so we needed a hotel for 1 night. I chose Travelodge based on reviews and price... BIG MISTAKE! The man at the front was incredibly rude and unhelpful... But then we got to our parking area for our "room". There were people a few feet away from myself and my 2 children who are under the age of 4, just watching us and talking in a foreign language while watching us -- I tried to quickly unload my children and luggage in the pouring rain to get to safety... I immediately had a headache from the smoke smell and the walls, doors, couch, remote, bed, bathroom and floors looked DISGUSTING! I went in full panic attack mode.

Now, I called Expedia customer service to try and help us out of the current horror and boy did they deliver! Al, the customer service lady got my reservation canceled, and booked me a new very nice hotel that was closer to the hospital within 15 mins and she stayed on the phone with me the whole time. I had a VERY stressful day but with her help at least my 2 children and I are comfy and safe before a stressful situation tomorrow. I will use Expedia again and again!!! THANK YOU.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

After having to cancel a flight, I received a credit for two airlines. I wanted to rebook my flights through Expedia because I trusted they would take care of me. The flight was canceled to do a death in the family and they kept emailing me "claim" form for me to fill out and get a refund. I didn't want a refund, I wanted to just use my airline credit.

After a year of going 'round and 'round. I tried booking another flight only to find out the credit had expired. I literally spent over 4 days and several hours being transferred, put on hold, sent to different supervisors only to have someone tell me that I need to speak with a manager at the corporate office and they would call me back. I waited and waited... NEVER did I receive a call back. I finally waited close to 2 hours on the phone today for a manager, only to be told there was nothing they can do. I asked several times, Are you saying you are not going to make this right? In her rude and condescending tone, she said there is nothing we can do.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I called to make reservations through Expedia and realized the hotel was too far away from where I wanted to be in Cherokee. So I called Expedia right back less than an hour after I made the reservations to cancel them. I got confirmation that the rooms were cancelled. But, as I was leaving Cherokee (where I wanted to stay but thought all the hotels around there were sold out). Sunday to come home I tried to swipe my card to get gas and it was declined. Because Expedia Did not communicate with Quality Inn, they pulled out the money for the rooms that I CANCELLED and DID NOT even stay in.

So, now I have lost $265 and I need to get back home to Rock Hill which is like almost like a 3 hr drive away. I panicked because they stole all the money I had left in my account and I had no way now to put gas in my car and get back home. I regret ever making reservations through Expedia, and never will consider Expedia or Quality Inn next time I try to book a hotel. Quality Inn did not help me out either after I stayed my situation. They took the last bit of money I had in my account to make it home with and get through the week. And they want even help me out. I can't believe this happen to me, I got robbed.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had a non-refundable reservation that had to be canceled due to our state's Governor issuing a State of Emergency for an incoming major hurricane. I called Expedia to explain to them I was legally unable to keep the reservation due to the evacuation order. They told me they called the hotel and the hotel refused to cancel the reservation without charging me the entire amount. I proceeded to call the hotel to find out why and they indicated they had no problem canceling the reservation under the circumstances. Expedia completely lied to me about the outcome of the conversation with the hotel. They would rather risk people's lives for a reservation than to allow one to be canceled under circumstances such as these. I'll never use Expedia again and will tell everyone I know how greedy and self-serving they are.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The Florentine Roof Garden IN Florence Italy REQUIRED a 48 HR notice before arriving. We did call but no one answered the phone and no answering service either. It also stated that the desk would only be open from 2 to 4 pm. Found the door to hotel apartments closed. We waited till 5 pm. Myself and another couple, also in the same situation, were left to search for alternative accommodations. I contacted Expedia immediately after and they too could not reach the hotel owner. After several weeks of emails with Expedia and numerous representatives, they stated that I, according to the hotel owner, did not follow the policy. Beware of Expedia and hotels with 48 hr notices.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I'm a regular user of Expedia service, and while I definitely have a good word for the extremely user friendly website, I cannot say the same about the customer service. If you decide on a change of flight post 24 hours then it becomes a nightmare. A call to the customer service of Expedia, even if you are a Gold Plus customer takes a minimum of 30 minutes and it could go on for 90 minutes or more. So, if it's an international call that you are making, then rest assured you are looking at a good amount of money on the call and not to forget the time you have to set aside.

I dread making a change to a booking made on Expedia. So much so, that I have slowly reduced the number of bookings I make through them and have started using alternate methods. Oh, and must say, their email support is no good as well. 50 to 70% or emails are never replied to... so let's not hope for that too! And, then again, a good word for the agents who attend the calls, cannot complain about their service, it's just impeccable. But we just get tired of waiting on the phone!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I booked a flight for a client travelling from Pristina to Toronto. My client travelled 300km to the airport just to be welcomed by a great surprise. The workers at the check-in told the client that she cannot board the flight because she doesn't have a "transit visa". In any of the emails we received from Expedia, it wasn't stated anywhere that she would require a transit visa. I was on the phone for 5 hours talking to the company and they kept blaming me for having improper documentation even though the company never told us she needed a transit visa. The customer service is a complete mess and every agent I talked to gave me different false information.

Just to rub salt in the wound, they said that they would gladly help me book another ticket FULL PRICE! This is completely and utterly unacceptable and I advise that you never buy a ticket from Expedia. They are just a bunch of scammers who could care less about their customers, they only care about your money. Please buy your tickets from other sites as one of the agents told me it would cost $1800 to rebook another ticket that involved 2 stops. Today I found a ticket on cheapoair.ca that had a 1 stop ticket for $800. Don't fall for the ** Expedia tells you, they are just full of deception and lies.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My husband booked a flight for my mother-in-law through Expedia. The flight is at 4:45pm, my husband received an email at 1100 saying the flight was rescheduled to 1000. My husband called Expedia right away & the first agent that he talked to apologized & said that it was their fault & will try to reschedule. He then told my husband to hold while they fix the itinerary. Then they told him that they will pass him on to Corporate as they will decide on the matter.

After almost 4 hours on the phone answering questions & being on hold, Grace ** who she said is the highest person we can talk to told us that it was not their fault & keep on insisting that they have sent the 1st email last June. She then told us that there is nothing they can do & that we need to repurchased another ticket. We were so disappointed to say the least. They gave you false assurance so you’ll think they’re helping you but really they are just wasting your time. We called American Airlines right after & they helped us reschedule while apologizing for Expedia! Never ever again will we use Expedia.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I booked return flights from New Zealand, Expedia or the Airline made a mistake with one of the names, after almost four hours in phone calls they told me that I had to buy the tickets AGAIN and they'll refund me TEN weeks after. So, if Expedia makes a mistake you still need to pay again, it doesn't matter if you correctly specify all details, you still need to be charged and wait 10 weeks to see if they correctly refund your flights. Expedia is by far the worst customer experience I have ever had, do not use it, you could be charged twice and for that, is better to book through the airline.

Expedia Company Information