2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5

Blue Bay Club Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The booking experience was very simple and quick. The entire process was very easy to understand and everyone that I talked to was very friendly and understanding. I do not recall having any additional fees added to my timeshare. All fees were disclosed to me before I had to pay anything. There were no surprise fees. I was provided with a wide variety of available locations that were ideal for me and allowed to choose the one that best suited my needs. My stay was well worth the price and I would gladly pay the same price again for the same experience if it was offered to me because it was all nicely cared for.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The service is wonderful and very interesting to use and each time one has a booking to do, it is the right place to go do it. The additional fee in this case is justified. It is being created to help the company to give a much more quality service to the client. The offered is good and affordable. I even consider it as a steal. The price is good to go with and comprehensive to have. All good. In this case, the price is too good not to take a chance. It is a one time situation and a great atmosphere. So be on the move to get it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

As far as booking Services go I was pretty happy. I really had no problems and the website made it easy and convenient for me to book a stay in lodgings dinners that sort of thing. With it being a club I kind of expected extra fees here and there but there was really nothing that was over the top or outrageous - nothing that you wouldn't expect to have to pay on a vacation. I feel like there were many locations offered. I didn't really have to go too far out of my way for where I was staying and I had a really great time while I was there so it made it even better checkout. I feel like I got a lot for my money and I didn't really have to worry about a ton of extra costs and things like that I seem to get a lot of value for my initial cost.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The booking services were very easy. It took no time at all to book our vacation. It was just a few clicks on the computer and then we were done. The additional fees are not a problem. There are very few of them and they are not that much at all so you should have no problems with additional fees. There are so many locations that they offer it is hard to choose between them because they are all so good. You want to go to them all even though you can't go to all of them. The value of these packages is great. You get what you pay for and then some. In our case we got a great hotel and great deals on other packages.

Original review: March 26, 2015

I purchased weeks from Circle One for a 5 yr term and was told that if I did not use all my weeks by the end of the term they would extend and all I had to do is call. Well I've called the reservation center 4 times now and have yet received any confirmation that my term has been extended. The reservation center states they send an email to the resort and no one contacts them or me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Bay Club?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

We purchased a 25 package with 5,60000 RCI points for worldwide RCI resorts and world airfare for 49 dollars US. The only lie we were told was about the rental program. This did not exist. We were lucky that I got a addendum to the contract that we can transferred as many RCI points per year with no charge. We are Also not too happy about RCI change that we can only use 60,000 point toward point partners. This includes air fare. This is worth approx 480.00 can. You can go online find the best flight then call RCI and book and pay the difference. I Also made lots of calls to Blue Bay and RCI to no resolve. But this was a RCI change as they are not part of the contract. I got my change letter from RCI. Also I would like to say when trying to book a RCI resort with your points the more in advance you try to book the more choice you will have. I have had very good luck.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2014

We arrived in Cancun - Blue Bay Resort for a 1-week restful holiday. Directly inside the arrival portico is a desk at which a number of staff sit. They greet you and you get to fill in your visit particulars. They ask you to meet them the next morning for an orientation of the resort. We complied. We ate breakfast with a rep of the resort. During breakfast he informed us that we could buy into this resort and enjoy other locations around the world. We told the rep that we were not interested in ANY timeshare deal. We were told this was not a timeshare situation. So, we went along with him and had the tour.

The next thing we know is that we are being given glasses of wine which we accepted out of courtesy and kept on talking. Then, a second rep joined us at the table and we were told more information about the whole set up. We asked what the time would cost us and we were told the share would be $8,000. plus. We told the reps that we could not afford this and that we had financial obligations at home which had to come first. We liked the idea of being able to visit around the world, but would we use it. Well, with a few glasses of wine and a table full of seasoned salesmen, we said we would take a contract. We were then given champagne. It was not until we had signed this contract and were outside that we became numb with fear about what we had just been through. We were thoroughly talked into spending money we did not have. So, after a very bad night with no sleep, we went back to them and finally got them to reduce the contract to 1/2 share each. We were a bit afraid of these folks since we were in a foreign country and did not know the laws.

After coming home, we really felt very used and scammed. And, after reading reviews on the Internet about this company we tried to contact them. We did not like what we read. After many e-mails the folks who made up the contract have not contacted us. We can only assume they wash their hands of us and there is no hope of discussing selling the contract back to them. Although while getting us to sign they asked us to contact them first before trying to sell to anyone else.

Canadians should be informed of these schemes and unsuspecting seniors and lone travelers should be told about these types of transactions, by their travel agents, if they, in fact, aware of them. We would like to sell each of our 1/2 shares back to Circle One without anger but we are not being given any encouragement at all.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2014

They told me that if I buy the membership it is going to be good for me and my 2 daughters that we can go to 5* hotels all over the world and we will have to pay only $479 a week plus our airfare. We will be treated as VIP in suites or Villas.They also gave me 2 RCI certificates and told me that I can go vacation any time I want wherever I want 5* hotels all inclusive before the expiration date for only $199 + air ticket. I could also take with me another person.

When I tried to reserve a vacation I discovered that I have to wait 40-45 days before I reserve a vacation to see if any hotel has a vacancy and then I can go. Meaning that if I want to go for ex. to Hawaii I have to wait until there is any vacancy and I can't find then the expiration date end and I can't go any more. Also when you are working you can't take vacation whenever you want.

Also for the Blue Bay membership or Circle One that they call it they told that the hotels are all 5* but when I came back home did my recharge and I find out that all of them are 4* and 3* hotels and specially in Europe are more expensive than if I would go without the membership. No VIP treatment just plain room extra food and airfare. This is not a good deal I am wondering that the money they are asking me to pay $15000 for 15 years I pay to have what kind of benefits? Why do I have to pay up front so much money if I don't have what they promised to me.

I already gave them $10000 and they ask me to pay the $5000 more and are giving me more RCI useless certificates but I want to cancel the membership ASAP and give me my money back. I sign up January 03, 2014. What can I do to get out of this nightmare. I will appreciate your help because a lot of other travelers must go to the same scam.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2013

In 2004, we thought we bought a timeshare (found out it's a 25 year lease) from Blue Bay for 8 million points and paid $39,000 which we have already paid. We have run into the same problems as others. We can't get the 49-dollar flights anymore, only 60,000 points a year, can't use timeshare if we don't pay $499 a year which was supposed to pay for an all inclusive stay each year (actually 2 weeks). But now, they want to charge you an added fee to stay. We are retired and live on a fixed income and could sure use that money. We would like to find a lawsuit to join since we have no money to hire one. I plan to get in touch with US Attorney of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: May 8, 2012

I recently contacted RCI to see how many points I needed to transfer from my Blue Bay account to them for flights to SXM for four people. They said I needed 350K points to pay for the entire cost of the flights. I stated that my past experience with RCI was that I couldn't pay for the entire cost of my flight with points. Only 60K could be used to book flights (which only covers about $400-500). The rep said he had never heard of this and assured me that for four tickets (total cost $3,289) it would cost me 350K points. Ironically you can only transfer 240K points in any given year without a charge of $175 through Blue Bay or have another 240K points transferred the following year for no charge but RCI will then charge you a $125 fee to borrow from the 2013 year.

This whole thing is very frustrating and is a big rip off. I have yet to book my flights as it takes 48 hours to get points transferred from Blue Bay to RCI but I have a feeling that the 480K points I called today to transfer could not be used for the whole cost of my flights. I will keep all posted in the next few days to let you know the outcome.

Blue Bay Club Company Information