2. Solar Energy

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.76/5

Elevation Solar is a solar energy company that services eight states nationwide. It offers residential solar energy options and works with several brand-name solar panel manufacturers. The company offers free consultations and quotes and can help reduce home energy costs.

BOTTOM LINE

Elevation Solar is a solar panel system provider. It has residential options for solar power, smart homes, energy storage and more. It serves eight states, carries top brand names and provides several warranty options.

PROS
  • Free consultation
  • Helps cut down on home utility costs
  • Several trusted brand names
  • Extended warranty program
CONS
  • Available only in eight states
  • No pricing info online
Elevation Solar Learn More

What is Elevation Solar?

Elevation Solar is a solar panel company based in Arizona. Started in 2014, the company offers residential energy solutions for homeowners looking to reduce their energy bills. Elevation Solar provides services related to:

• Energy management
  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart home integration
  • Smart energy management
  • Energy storage
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Residential grid services

Elevation Solar won the Contractor of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2019. The company works with major names in the solar and energy fields, including LG and Panasonic. As a “Premium Installer” for Panasonic, it has access to extended warranty options. Currently, Elevation Solar operates in just eight states.

How does Elevation Solar work?

Elevation Solar requires five steps to get set up with a solar energy system that suits you:

• Free consultation: The Elevation Solar team assesses your home and reviews the utility rate plans available to you. You can also upload your utility bill online to receive a custom quote digitally to get started.
  • Proposal: Your consultant compiles information about your energy needs and reviews your utility uses and fees to create a unique proposal that fits your home.
  • Survey and design: The team surveys your home and the adjacent property to make sure the engineers design a system that saves you as much as possible on your energy bills.
  • Installation and setup: Elevation Solar takes the lead on securing any necessary city permits and building applications, then the company usually needs only a day to install.
  • Final inspections: Your city and your electricity company inspect your system; once it’s approved, you’re all set.

Elevation Solar costs

Elevation Solar doesn’t list pricing information on its website, but it does have a price-match guarantee. Its costs depend on several factors, like system type, your home’s size and whether or not you claim the federal solar tax credit. On average, it costs about $20,000 to $25,000 to install solar panels (after the federal tax credit).

Elevation Solar FAQ

Where is Elevation Solar available?
Elevation Solar is available in eight states across the country: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Utah, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How much does Elevation Solar charge for solar installation?
Elevation Solar doesn’t specify pricing information on its website, but costs depend on the type of system, the size of the system and whether or not you claim the federal residential solar energy credit.
What solar panels does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar works with some of the top names in the industry, including Panasonic, Q Cells, LG and REC.
What solar batteries does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar features Panasonic and Generac batteries.
Does Elevation Solar have a warranty on its products?
Yes, it provides a lifetime workmanship warranty on its systems and a 10-year workmanship warranty for roof penetrations. It also offers an extended warranty program, Elevation Complete Protection, which includes a 30-year warranty on panels, inverters, racking and roof penetrations.

Is Elevation Solar a good company?

Elevation Solar is a reputable solar panel systems provider. Though its services are currently available in just eight states, it’s a solid choice for those with access to it — however, remember it’s best to get quotes from several companies to see what suits your needs. Overall, if Elevation Solar fits your budget and serves your area, it’s a good option for solar energy solutions.

Elevation Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The ladies in the office were good. For the installation, the techs were very knowledgeable and nice. They made sure that I knew everything, that I was aware of dates and times. We had an issue with cracked tiles. Their inspectors caught it. So, they were very good about having people come back and fix everything. I wouldn't have known otherwise. That was very good that they were very truthful.

There were just a few little things of miscommunication. With SRP calls, that part needed to be clarified about how it works with SRP a bit better, and then the fact of the rebate. You have to hit a certain income level to get your full rebate, which is important for somebody to know if they're going to get the money back. I found that out after. Other than that, the bill looks good. I would recommend Elevation Solar because overall, they worked a great deal out. They were on top of it and were very kind. Get them because they're very honest and trustworthy. And they make sure you have the documents.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Elevation Solar was very professional. They handled everything exactly as they said they would. They gave me a rundown of how everything would work and it went exactly as planned. We didn't have any hiccups. One good thing was they're not very pushy on the sales. They said, "This is the information we can provide you. If you want to do it, great. If you don't, great. Here's our credentials and our references." They said that they're licensed in multiple states which a lot of other companies are not. I liked how they were not overly pushy. They just gave me the facts and what the start to finish would be. I appreciate that over the hard sales tactics that some of the other companies that have approached me in the past and I was not interested in working with as a result.

Since the panels have been installed, they have been generating enough that we were banking our fall and winter sunlight for upcoming summer months. It seems like everything is going great. A $13 electric bill is great and the payments are exactly as they said it would be. I had a question about one panel not generating as much power as the other panels. It generates about 15% less power over a two-month period in the beginning. When I sent them a message, they responded and gave me an adequate answer within a matter of a couple of days. They told me, upon looking at the layout, that I have a roof vent that was blocking part of the panel throughout the day. A shade would be created as a result of it and there's nothing that anybody can do, and that was expected.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

My wife had seen an advertisement for Elevation Solar. She tried a few months back to put solar on the house but because she doesn’t have an income because she's disabled, they weren’t giving her the finance doc that she needed to go ahead and purchase it. She asked me to do it so I did it and got approved. The guy who helped me was Daniel and he was amazing. He did everything he could to make it as easy as possible. I was very satisfied with the overall experience. I got an email yesterday and they sent me my information due to my tax credit. They’re still staying on top of it even though they’ve already gotten paid. They went above and beyond and I’m very pleased. I got my first bill and it was only $53 this month. It wasn't a complete month but I never paid that little bit of electricity in my whole life. I’m hoping that next month, it's down to zero.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Elevation's reps were pretty informative. I had a couple of experiences where there was an issue and then waited a week. According to them, it was due to COVID and the lack of resources where they had to take more time than normal to resolve some of the issues. The installation went really smooth but they installed one solar panel right next to a satellite dish for my satellite TV. I noticed the production was about 50% of the ones right next to it. I was wondering why they would install it right next to a dish if they knew that was a possibility and they didn't let me know that that could affect the performance. I was a little bit frustrated.

I trusted that they knew what they were doing and would maximize the performance. I'm going to cancel that because we don't really need it anymore and take the dish down. But other than that, the service rep that they gave me, Jamie, was phenomenal. As soon as I reached out to her, she immediately responded and started working on any issues. Also, she was very informative with time frames when this will happen and she was very well-organized.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

When I moved in, a whole lot of people were coming to knock on my door about solar and Elevation Solar was one of them. I was gonna go a different route with a different company but they kept rescheduling my appointment. I contacted Elevation Solar who came out straightaway. They've always showed up on time which is a big thing. That’s kept me going with them. They did a good job installing and it didn't take that long. They broke about 10 tiles on my roof but they replaced them. They came out recently to move six solar panels because they put it in a shadowed spot on the roof.

I’ve told people about Elevation Solar. It was a great idea to go solar. Make sure that you get more solar panels than you need to satisfy electricity usage for your home because not every day is going to be the same sun. You don’t wanna be underprepared 'cause then you’re paying your solar payment and it is 40 bucks.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I met with the team from Envision who had provided the home security and they were able to show how solar would benefit us. I reached out with questions, even after installation, and the Elevation team was very prompt in their response. If there was any hiccup, it was just that we didn't know that they were going to paint the PVC tubing. When we got a notice from the HOA, we went ahead and did it ourselves.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The fellow from Elevation Solar that came made a lot of sense, was very nice, and here we are. Jason, the fellow who did it, was great. He was very helpful. It seems good so far. Once the summer comes, then I’ll see how it goes. But it was the right decision, both environmentally and hopefully economically.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The enrollment process with Elevation Solar was very easy and I've only had the solar panels for a few months. I'm still having electricity bills though. I thought I was gonna get more production out of it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Elevation Solar had the best price, which made me decide to go with them. I've seen some changes on my bill since going solar. I'm making a little bit of money between what I generate, what I have to pay and what electric I'm making. But my only issue is going live and having a fee so I can see what's being generated.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

The service of Elevation has been fantastic. The concierge, my salesperson and the technicians were always answering my questions or following up on my request to do certain things. They get 110% from me. I would highly recommend Elevation to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

We got sold on the system and it took forever for Elevation Solar to get out there to install it. So, they're under-equipped to handle the load of business that they're out there trying to gather. Then, when they put the system in, it wasn't designed right. Once they realized that it was not performing the way that it should, they said they were going to come in and move some of the panels. That has taken a lot longer than it should.

When the guys showed up, instead of sending a crew of three guys to move the panels, they sent one guy as a service tech and he couldn't get the job done. So, they had to send somebody else out to help him. They were there to do the movement on Wednesday. I texted yesterday and asked if they were finished because the guys never came to the door and said anything about whether they were done or not. They just left. To this day, we do not know whether they finished or not. This is probably one of the worst, horrible experiences I've ever been through.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The enrollment process with Elevation Solar was extremely satisfying. I'm not a computer-savvy guy so the rep taught me through everything and we did a video call. The guys who came out and installed the system were fabulous. I got home and the entire place was probably cleaner than they saw it when they got here. They were very professional and the whole process was great. I recommended Elevation Solar to a friend and he got the system also.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I had an outstanding experience with the sales reps. They were very upfront and honest about everything that would happen throughout each phase of the process and made it easier. I'm incredibly satisfied and I like Elevation Solar. It's amazing.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

It was a very nice experience when I enrolled with Elevation Solar. The gentleman came out and laid it all out. He designed the system for us right there and told us what it would be and what it would cost. My decision to go solar has been good so far. It has been excellent dealing with the customer service team and I have no complaints with anything that's going on with Elevation Solar.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Everything's been great with Elevation Solar. We're producing a whole lot more than we're using. I track it with their app and the amount that we're producing is getting higher. When we first started producing, we were producing between 47 and 48 on a good day and now we're getting up into the 50s.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Their customer service was great. They provided everything that they said they were going to. I’m satisfied with my experience with Elevation Solar.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

My old boss told me about the guy who set him up with solar. I reached out and he was with Elevation. Enrolling was very easy. Installation was very simple and fast too. I didn't even know the installers were here other than the occasional footsteps on the roof. The name of the guy I went through is Jordan and he'll take care of everything.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Elevation was absolutely wonderful to work with. We had a lot of contact and a lot of updates. They kept us up-to-date on all of the forms we had to do with the city and with APS. We were contacted in August, and the system was up and running by the end of October. It was quick and so far, so good. My bills haven't been zero yet like they were saying it would be, but it's definitely nice having a reduced energy bill. I also feel good about trying to give back, not relying solely on other powers.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Enrolling was easy and hopefully, we'll save on power as planned. So far, it's working good.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I contacted about a dozen solar companies in the Casa Grande and Phoenix area. Eric was Elevation's sales rep. He gave the best presentations and told me a lot of things that the other guys didn’t tell me, so I chose him. I'm satisfied with going solar. However, I had a few questions about the performance of the panels but haven't gotten a contact to talk to. Sales is one thing, but operations is another.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Enrolling with Elevation Solar was pleasant. It went smooth and the customer service team was great.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Elevation Solar's price was about the same as the others but the financing was a lower interest rate and their communication was very good. The install went well and so far, they're covering all of my electrical needs. Working with Elevation was a good experience. They were very proactive and easily available. They had one initial person that contacted me the most but if I called in and got somebody else, they seemed to know exactly what was going on. The customer service experience was probably one of the best of any companies I’ve used.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

The installation was good. My wife didn't complain about anything being bad or broken and it was quick.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

It went all pretty well with Elevation Solar. They were fantastic. Their level of communication was very good. Every single installer and service person they sent out was extremely well-spoken, nice, and all the things that you would want with somebody who's climbing around on your house.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Somebody at work recommended Elevation Solar and signing up for the service went really well. All is fantastic with the reps and my electric bills are less.

Elevation Solar Company Information