4.7/5 (31 ratings)

About Elevation Solar

Energy can be complicated. We're here to make it simple. Elevation’s whole-home solution gives you everything you need to power your home more efficiently.

Elevation is one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, a multi-year Department of Energy Contractor of the Year, and recognized as one of the best places to work.

Reduce Your Energy Use

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Helps cut down on home utility costs
  • Several trusted brand names
  • Extended warranty program

Cons

• Available only in eight states
  • No pricing info online

Bottom Line

Elevation Solar is a solar panel system provider. It has residential options for solar power, smart homes, energy storage and more. It serves eight states, carries top brand names and provides several warranty options.

What is Elevation Solar?

Elevation Solar is a solar panel company based in Arizona. Started in 2014, the company offers residential energy solutions for homeowners looking to reduce their energy bills. Elevation Solar provides services related to:

• Energy management
  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart home integration
  • Smart energy management
  • Energy storage
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Residential grid services

Elevation Solar won the Contractor of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2019. The company works with major names in the solar and energy fields, including LG and Panasonic. As a “Premium Installer” for Panasonic, it has access to extended warranty options. Currently, Elevation Solar operates in just eight states.

How does Elevation Solar work?

Elevation Solar requires five steps to get set up with a solar energy system that suits you:

• Free consultation: The Elevation Solar team assesses your home and reviews the utility rate plans available to you. You can also upload your utility bill online to receive a custom quote digitally to get started.
  • Proposal: Your consultant compiles information about your energy needs and reviews your utility uses and fees to create a unique proposal that fits your home.
  • Survey and design: The team surveys your home and the adjacent property to make sure the engineers design a system that saves you as much as possible on your energy bills.
  • Installation and setup: Elevation Solar takes the lead on securing any necessary city permits and building applications, then the company usually needs only a day to install.
  • Final inspections: Your city and your electricity company inspect your system; once it’s approved, you’re all set.

Elevation Solar costs

Elevation Solar doesn’t list pricing information on its website, but it does have a price-match guarantee. Its costs depend on several factors, like system type, your home’s size and whether or not you claim the federal solar tax credit. On average, it costs about $20,000 to $25,000 to install solar panels (after the federal tax credit).

Elevation Solar FAQ

Where is Elevation Solar available?
Elevation Solar is available in eight states across the country: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Utah, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How much does Elevation Solar charge for solar installation?
Elevation Solar doesn’t specify pricing information on its website, but costs depend on the type of system, the size of the system and whether or not you claim the federal residential solar energy credit.
What solar panels does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar works with some of the top names in the industry, including Panasonic, Q Cells, LG and REC.
What solar batteries does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar features Panasonic and Generac batteries.
Does Elevation Solar have a warranty on its products?
Yes, it provides a lifetime workmanship warranty on its systems and a 10-year workmanship warranty for roof penetrations. It also offers an extended warranty program, Elevation Complete Protection, which includes a 30-year warranty on panels, inverters, racking and roof penetrations.

Is Elevation Solar a good company?

Elevation Solar is a reputable solar panel systems provider. Though its services are currently available in just eight states, it’s a solid choice for those with access to it — however, remember it’s best to get quotes from several companies to see what suits your needs. Overall, if Elevation Solar fits your budget and serves your area, it’s a good option for solar energy solutions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My experience with Elevation has been great for three years. My system has been producing more energy than I needed, so I was selling back my excess energy to the grid for credits. Green Mountain jacked up their rates once already this year and are supposed to increase the rates again before the end of the year. I just got my first actual bill since going solar, a little disappointing that utility companies keep increasing the price for solar customers. All in all, not Elevation’s fault and I’ve been very satisfied with their help over the years.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Based on the quotes I received, Elevation Solar was more reasonable. Also, they were prompt enough to work with the design requirements. They were also quick to respond to any questions. The techs were professional. They turned up in the morning and the install was about a day. There were little hiccups in the installation phase which required working with the utility and then making sure that they come and they do certain power off and on and stuff and inspection. So, we got delayed by a couple of weeks. The system has not been activated but so far everything is working well. So, I'm quite happy.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

At the time we signed up, everything was straightforward. Elevation Solar was offering me a certain number of panels that would satisfy me in my current situation. I decided to go and get a couple more panels to be sure that I was gonna be okay in the future. However, there were a couple of hiccups that could have been handled better. When they did the electrical, they had to do some grounding. They only did one grounding point where they had to do two. The permits took a little bit longer than expected and there was no feedback telling me where the holdups were. It would have been better if they were more informative. They deal with different states and there are different rules for different states but if this is their thing, after a couple of times of doing this, they would know what's expected for the permit to pass.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We expanded our number of panels and also installed a battery. The rep with Elevation Solar was the first one that took the time to come into our home and talk to us seriously about it. The installation crew was very efficient, right on time when they said they would be and got everything installed quickly. They did a good job setting things up on the outside of the house as well as on the roof. We're very satisfied with the service. We've had an issue with the battery since it came in, and I've been in a message contact with somebody at Elevation. We're not able to control the battery through the app or the website, and he is looking into that. Other than that, we've been very happy with the system overall.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

As soon as I signed up, Elevation Solar contacted me and set up the appointments. They came on time and finished early. They answered all my questions too. They prepared me on what to expect. After they were done with their portion, they told me how NV Energy had to come out here and do their inspection and it could take up to 30 days. It took 20 days so they were a little earlier and even when that guy came in, it was super simple. Once he was done, he told me to contact Elevation Solar, let them know that we were online and they would send me an email on how to hook it up and refresh the system. I did that and it was super easy. Having the system is awesome. I look at the app and see that I'm producing more than I'm using. Hopefully, that adds up and I can stay off the grid. I'm still learning how it works but I'm happy so far. Elevation Solar did everything they said they would.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I like the feeling that my utility bill will never be outrageously high again. I have a lot of my neighbors complain about the high energy bills they receive each summer, so I like the fact that I’m saving money and paying less than my neighbors. Elevation install crews were great, and I can call in for support whenever I need a question answered.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Everyone we spoke with at Elevation was very knowledgeable. The only issue we had was trying to understand how the solar tax credit works, and making sure we claim all or as much of the credit as possible. But as a whole, I’m happy with Elevation Solar and will recommend the company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Eric K was awesome, can’t say enough good things about him. Elevation as a whole has been great to work with, no complaints. The system is saving me tons of $$$ and that is the best compliment I can give to any product/company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

You guys were awesome! Elevation was great and I never had any issues. The installation was completed in one day and the workers cleaned up everything. We ended up selling our home and didn’t have any issues transferring the system to the new owners.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I’m saving a lot of money each month, and I really like not having to pay anything else to APS. Looking to get my system paid off in the next year, so I’m really excited about that. The CURB app is useful but can be confusing at times.

Elevation Solar Company Information