Get a Quote

2. Solar Energy

4.0/5 (61 ratings)

About Elevation Solar

Elevation Solar is a solar energy company that services eight states nationwide. It offers residential solar energy options and works with several brand-name solar panel manufacturers. The company offers free consultations and quotes and can help reduce home energy costs.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Helps cut down on home utility costs
  • Several trusted brand names
  • Extended warranty program

Cons

• Available only in eight states
  • No pricing info online

Bottom Line

Elevation Solar is a solar panel system provider. It has residential options for solar power, smart homes, energy storage and more. It serves eight states, carries top brand names and provides several warranty options.

What is Elevation Solar?

Elevation Solar is a solar panel company based in Arizona. Started in 2014, the company offers residential energy solutions for homeowners looking to reduce their energy bills. Elevation Solar provides services related to:

• Energy management
  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart home integration
  • Smart energy management
  • Energy storage
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Residential grid services

Elevation Solar won the Contractor of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2019. The company works with major names in the solar and energy fields, including LG and Panasonic. As a “Premium Installer” for Panasonic, it has access to extended warranty options. Currently, Elevation Solar operates in just eight states.

How does Elevation Solar work?

Elevation Solar requires five steps to get set up with a solar energy system that suits you:

• Free consultation: The Elevation Solar team assesses your home and reviews the utility rate plans available to you. You can also upload your utility bill online to receive a custom quote digitally to get started.
  • Proposal: Your consultant compiles information about your energy needs and reviews your utility uses and fees to create a unique proposal that fits your home.
  • Survey and design: The team surveys your home and the adjacent property to make sure the engineers design a system that saves you as much as possible on your energy bills.
  • Installation and setup: Elevation Solar takes the lead on securing any necessary city permits and building applications, then the company usually needs only a day to install.
  • Final inspections: Your city and your electricity company inspect your system; once it’s approved, you’re all set.

Elevation Solar costs

Elevation Solar doesn’t list pricing information on its website, but it does have a price-match guarantee. Its costs depend on several factors, like system type, your home’s size and whether or not you claim the federal solar tax credit. On average, it costs about $20,000 to $25,000 to install solar panels (after the federal tax credit).

Elevation Solar FAQ

Where is Elevation Solar available?
Elevation Solar is available in eight states across the country: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Utah, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How much does Elevation Solar charge for solar installation?
Elevation Solar doesn’t specify pricing information on its website, but costs depend on the type of system, the size of the system and whether or not you claim the federal residential solar energy credit.
What solar panels does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar works with some of the top names in the industry, including Panasonic, Q Cells, LG and REC.
What solar batteries does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar features Panasonic and Generac batteries.
Does Elevation Solar have a warranty on its products?
Yes, it provides a lifetime workmanship warranty on its systems and a 10-year workmanship warranty for roof penetrations. It also offers an extended warranty program, Elevation Complete Protection, which includes a 30-year warranty on panels, inverters, racking and roof penetrations.

Is Elevation Solar a good company?

Elevation Solar is a reputable solar panel systems provider. Though its services are currently available in just eight states, it’s a solid choice for those with access to it — however, remember it’s best to get quotes from several companies to see what suits your needs. Overall, if Elevation Solar fits your budget and serves your area, it’s a good option for solar energy solutions.

Elevation Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?

Original review: June 19, 2021

Elevation had the best price and they got back to me in a good amount of time. Everyone was really right on top of things. I would send an email and I would get an email back. Working with the people there was really easy, and they answered all my questions. They sent me an email for the solar monitoring and how to set it up. I could print it up, and I don't do well with computers, but it was great. Setting it up and turning it on was super easy. The gentleman I was working with was good. I would tell him, “Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back yet.” He would tell me, "Let me check it out,” and I would hear within another one or two days. The only thing is that I thought that the critter guards were included in my overall deal, but it wasn't. But we've got that taken care of. Now, I got to wait 10 days in order to see if we get someone to come out and start working on it.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Elevation Solar was quite reasonable. They were a lot more informative on the tax rebate and how that works. Other companies were like, “Yeah, you can go figure it out." I was very pleased with the whole introduction to Elevation Solar. First, I had to approve the plan and the number of panels going up on my roof. Then it had to go through SRP, the City of Mesa, my HOA and I didn't have to touch it once. Their office handled every step, kept me apprised of where the delays were because the City of Mesa doesn't move real fast. SRP is pretty good. My HOA dragged their feet. But they gave me a realistic expectation, which was four weeks out in the future. The guys who installed the panels also reached out to me to see if I happen to have any matching house paint, which fortunately, the guy I bought the house from left me a can. So they touched up the conduit and everything that runs up to my eaves and made it a very seamless, beautiful project.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

The ladies in the office were good. For the installation, the techs were very knowledgeable and nice. They made sure that I knew everything, that I was aware of dates and times. We had an issue with cracked tiles. Their inspectors caught it. So, they were very good about having people come back and fix everything. I wouldn't have known otherwise. That was very good that they were very truthful.

There were just a few little things of miscommunication. With SRP calls, that part needed to be clarified about how it works with SRP a bit better, and then the fact of the rebate. You have to hit a certain income level to get your full rebate, which is important for somebody to know if they're going to get the money back. I found that out after. Other than that, the bill looks good. I would recommend Elevation Solar because overall, they worked a great deal out. They were on top of it and were very kind. Get them because they're very honest and trustworthy. And they make sure you have the documents.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Elevation Solar was very professional. They handled everything exactly as they said they would. They gave me a rundown of how everything would work and it went exactly as planned. We didn't have any hiccups. One good thing was they're not very pushy on the sales. They said, "This is the information we can provide you. If you want to do it, great. If you don't, great. Here's our credentials and our references." They said that they're licensed in multiple states which a lot of other companies are not. I liked how they were not overly pushy. They just gave me the facts and what the start to finish would be. I appreciate that over the hard sales tactics that some of the other companies that have approached me in the past and I was not interested in working with as a result.

Since the panels have been installed, they have been generating enough that we were banking our fall and winter sunlight for upcoming summer months. It seems like everything is going great. A $13 electric bill is great and the payments are exactly as they said it would be. I had a question about one panel not generating as much power as the other panels. It generates about 15% less power over a two-month period in the beginning. When I sent them a message, they responded and gave me an adequate answer within a matter of a couple of days. They told me, upon looking at the layout, that I have a roof vent that was blocking part of the panel throughout the day. A shade would be created as a result of it and there's nothing that anybody can do, and that was expected.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Elevation's reps were pretty informative. I had a couple of experiences where there was an issue and then waited a week. According to them, it was due to COVID and the lack of resources where they had to take more time than normal to resolve some of the issues. The installation went really smooth but they installed one solar panel right next to a satellite dish for my satellite TV. I noticed the production was about 50% of the ones right next to it. I was wondering why they would install it right next to a dish if they knew that was a possibility and they didn't let me know that that could affect the performance. I was a little bit frustrated.

I trusted that they knew what they were doing and would maximize the performance. I'm going to cancel that because we don't really need it anymore and take the dish down. But other than that, the service rep that they gave me, Jamie, was phenomenal. As soon as I reached out to her, she immediately responded and started working on any issues. Also, she was very informative with time frames when this will happen and she was very well-organized.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The signup process was all electronic and it was straightforward. The installation team was great except for the fact that they tracked mud up and down my concrete driveway. Also, I just got my system turned on. It took a little longer than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We had several companies come in and present their program but Elevation gave a more thorough presentation. The installation was a lot quicker than we anticipated. We've only had half a month's bill but there was a significant difference.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Signing up with them was good. James the rep was very honest and he tried to resolve all our questions. Also, their price was complete and better than other providers. The installation was good but with the last one, they were busy with the other side and the SRP came and they should have walked through everything with us. But they didn't come out. So that's the only thing I feel not satisfied with. I would tell neighbors to go to Elevation.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Based on the quotes I received, Elevation Solar was more reasonable. Also, they were prompt enough to work with the design requirements. They were also quick to respond to any questions. The techs were professional. They turned up in the morning and the install was about a day. There were little hiccups in the installation phase which required working with the utility and then making sure that they come and they do certain power off and on and stuff and inspection. So, we got delayed by a couple of weeks. The system has not been activated but so far everything is working well. So, I'm quite happy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Enrolling took a little over a month and it was fine. The only thing that is a little confusing is that I have to work with four different apps with them. Right now, my bill is still high on Nevada Energy because we've had hot weather. But it's still somewhat lower.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I liked the salesperson who presented Elevation to me. She was very nice and informative. Once they got the equipment, they installed the system. Right now, the it looks like it's doing well. But they assured me that my system was large enough. They're experts so I went with what they said. But I don't feel I have a large enough system.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

At the time we signed up, everything was straightforward. Elevation Solar was offering me a certain number of panels that would satisfy me in my current situation. I decided to go and get a couple more panels to be sure that I was gonna be okay in the future. However, there were a couple of hiccups that could have been handled better. When they did the electrical, they had to do some grounding. They only did one grounding point where they had to do two. The permits took a little bit longer than expected and there was no feedback telling me where the holdups were. It would have been better if they were more informative. They deal with different states and there are different rules for different states but if this is their thing, after a couple of times of doing this, they would know what's expected for the permit to pass.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We expanded our number of panels and also installed a battery. The rep with Elevation Solar was the first one that took the time to come into our home and talk to us seriously about it. The installation crew was very efficient, right on time when they said they would be and got everything installed quickly. They did a good job setting things up on the outside of the house as well as on the roof. We're very satisfied with the service. We've had an issue with the battery since it came in, and I've been in a message contact with somebody at Elevation. We're not able to control the battery through the app or the website, and he is looking into that. Other than that, we've been very happy with the system overall.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

As soon as I signed up, Elevation Solar contacted me and set up the appointments. They came on time and finished early. They answered all my questions too. They prepared me on what to expect. After they were done with their portion, they told me how NV Energy had to come out here and do their inspection and it could take up to 30 days. It took 20 days so they were a little earlier and even when that guy came in, it was super simple. Once he was done, he told me to contact Elevation Solar, let them know that we were online and they would send me an email on how to hook it up and refresh the system. I did that and it was super easy. Having the system is awesome. I look at the app and see that I'm producing more than I'm using. Hopefully, that adds up and I can stay off the grid. I'm still learning how it works but I'm happy so far. Elevation Solar did everything they said they would.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The lady rep made going solar make sense to us so we went for it. Elevation Solar is a personable company. They made us feel like they wanted it to be easy on us. They did everything for us and kinda babied us. We haven't had an electric bill since we got the system. It's being paid off.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Chris ** was the rep. I told him I couldn’t possibly pay for this security I purchased under pressure Brink. He said, "No problem. We can pay off your security here. We are affiliated with this company. Ok. He has been making payment which he told me he would pay in full in emails. Now I’m getting letters saying this bill he promised to take care of is now diligent 2 months as it is his obligation to pay as promised. I’m a on disability and now solar has gone up and this bill isn’t handled per agreement. I am not ok with this shady kinda business your reps have. Best Susan **.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I like my new solar system from Elevation. It's a new experience for me. I'm happy with it right now. I started it late in the year. They said I won't really build up credits and see that big of a change until next year. The installers were good and fast. But they could have explained a little bit more, taking me up on the roof and showed me what was going on. But I was comfortable talking with the rep with the emails and the few phone calls that we had.

Original review: June 25, 2021

There have been three major issues with the design and installation of our solar energy system. The initial planning and design of the system indicated that it would produce about half of the electricity that we used but once it was installed we found that it produced much less than the plan. We have recently discovered that the system is capped at 5 kW but our contract says that it should produce up to 7.5 kW. I suspect that this is part of the energy production problem.

When the system was first designed, the solar panels were intended to be installed so that they were tilted upwards. That would have allowed rainfall to clean any dirt on the panels as it ran off onto the roof. The system, however, was re-designed on the fly while it was being installed and the panels on the flat part of our roof were installed flat, whereas they were intended to be tilted so that rainwater would help keep the panels clean. The panels on the sloping part of the roof were installed as designed. The 5 kW cap on power production and the dirt that collects on the flat solar panels both reduce the production of the system and that results in increased cost for our electricity. I think Elevation should revise the system to eliminate both of these issues. Barry **

Original review: June 18, 2021

I was referred by my friend and Elevation Solar gave us a better deal. We were looking for Panasonic panels and only Elevation Solar was able to give them within our area. Plus, they do have this loan program and their interest rates are pretty okay compared to any other solar companies. Everything was smooth. They were always responding to any of our inquiries. They were always on top of it and able to finish with the installation earlier. They said three months but they were able to complete it in 40 days. So far, the system is good. I was able to get reimbursement from last month so I'm happy about that.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I cannot say enough good things about Elevation Solar. It has been almost 2 years since I first became involved with Elevation Solar, and the installation of the Solar energy system at my home was completed in February 2020. From the very start of my relationship with Elevation Solar until today, I could not ask for better customer service. My home solar energy system works perfectly. My average energy bill has been less than $10 per month. I receive monthly communications from Elevation Solar letting me know how the solar energy is being used for my home. I highly recommend Elevation Solar for anyone considering installation of solar energy at their home or business.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Things seemed well when I signed up, but after having my solar removed, which was a ** show, it just seemed it wasn’t right. When I signed up I wanted to support local and have the same company I have my house alarm go through. Which I know gets branched out through ADT anyways. I called a few months ago. To have my solar uninstalled because I needed a new roof to be done. I understand maybe I should have done the roof prior to installing the solar, but I’m a first time home owner figuring it out and was hoping the roof would have been ok for another 2-3 years prior to changing it. Communication was good, was planning on being gone for 2 months for a work trip. Which should have been more than enough time for it to be removed. Then have my roof done and have the solar reinstalled.

Couldn’t get it figured out on your end between emails or calls. So I came home from it and dealt with it. Even then that was still a ** show. It only ever got somewhat sorted out after I paid upfront for the solar to be removed. Then it seemed like I was a worthy customer. I will admit. It was removed in the time once it was paid. Roof got done and a week later they were up there to reinstall the solar which was good. This ** should have been done while I was gone for two months. As well as I haven’t been called on helping accommodate for the delay with customer service to get the pigeon blocks so they don’t go under the solar or peck on them. That was a month or two ago at this point. I know I’m under contract so I have to deal with this ** but after taking people's money shouldn’t be the reason to actually act upon things. I know it might not be everyone there, also might be my expectations on things too. But we have to do better.

Original review: June 17, 2021

The beginning process with Elevation was good. Initial contact, ordering, and completion of the installation met expectations. However, customer service after the system was installed is practically non-existent. If there is something wrong with your system, expect to wait months for any corrections or issues resolved. In fact, I am still waiting to hear back on why one panel is not producing correctly. Will the issue ever get resolved? Only God knows. I'm not holding my breath. If Elevation does not get this customer service issue improved, it will be their downfall as a company.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Horrible, it is a waste of my time and money. If I could go back I would've never got them and if I had the option to get my money back and get the panels taken down, I would do it in a heartbeat. I was paying $300-$400 a month on my electric bill which was about the same or more than I was paying before the panels. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 17, 2021

The solar system works great, it’s saving us a lot of money. With that said, here are the two main issues we had with this company. It took nearly 4 months to complete the job so consequently The installers were up on my two story roof many times and broke nearly 1/2 of the tiles on the entire roof.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I talked to three different solar companies at the time and Elevation Solar was the most consistent, easy to communicate with, and straightforward. They came by and gave me all the details and the specifications. Once I decided, they gave me as much time as I wanted to decide what I wanted them to do. Once I agreed to it, they shot me some paperwork, I signed it, and then everything happened without me having to think about it after that. The weather caused some delays in the installation, but not a big deal. They showed up, threw everything on the roof, and everything was set up in one day. Non-intrusive, didn't get in the way of anything, and we were good to go after that.

Original review: June 16, 2021

When we ordered solar from Elevation and they said we only needed 14 we told them we needed at least 16. The sales person would not listen and consequently our electric bills were very high for a solar house. They refused to install more panels. Would never recommend this company. They do not listen to the customer.

Original review: June 16, 2021

What a joke. I had to handhold this company throughout the install process. It took the 5 visits to just replace the broken tiles on my roof they broke. They broke tiles in the process of replacing the other broken ones. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the pigeon guard installed that they promised during sales process. My neighbor who got installed at the same time same salesmen never got his ever. I would never recommend this solar company to my worst enemy. Do your research when looking for solar. Plenty of companies out there. DO NOT USE ELEVATION SOLAR.

Original review: June 16, 2021

My solar panels were put in years ago. At that time there wasn’t as many homes getting solar panels. The work crew came out and did the job in a very timely manner and a very clean job. Everything was done to my satisfaction and I’m very happy with what they did.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Extremely disappointed. We paid $42,000. Which is very high after getting other prices. And we are still getting $100 a month electric bills. When I brought it to their attention I was told we are using more electric now. That’s not right. We are currently consulting with an Attorney.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Initial meet and walkthrough was superb, technicians and sales were very helpful. However, we were informed our breaker box would be replaced, it wasn't, newer breakers were installed though but nothing was relabeled after shuffling wires. Originally the install of Curb system box was just shoved behind the breaker panel, preventing it from closing. Install of the actual system on the roof resulted in the breaking of over 200 of the tiles, which may or may not have been completely taken care of during requested repair.

Fast forward a while, we received a visit from another solar company working with SRP, review of existing and potential upgrades, they quoted us a full 10-12K system for what we paid for our 7K installed. Electrical work that was done at panels had to be redone/rerouted by later technicians. Overall we are happy to be paying $100 less on average for electric, but wish we had "shopped around" before locking in with elevation for solar support.

Elevation Solar Company Information