3.9/5 (42 ratings)

About Elevation Solar

Energy can be complicated. We're here to make it simple. Elevation’s whole-home solution gives you everything you need to power your home more efficiently.

Elevation is one of the fastest-growing companies in the country, a multi-year Department of Energy Contractor of the Year, and recognized as one of the best places to work.

Reduce Your Energy Use

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Helps cut down on home utility costs
  • Several trusted brand names
  • Extended warranty program

Cons

• Available only in eight states
  • No pricing info online

Bottom Line

Elevation Solar is a solar panel system provider. It has residential options for solar power, smart homes, energy storage and more. It serves eight states, carries top brand names and provides several warranty options.

What is Elevation Solar?

Elevation Solar is a solar panel company based in Arizona. Started in 2014, the company offers residential energy solutions for homeowners looking to reduce their energy bills. Elevation Solar provides services related to:

• Energy management
  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart home integration
  • Smart energy management
  • Energy storage
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Residential grid services

Elevation Solar won the Contractor of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2019. The company works with major names in the solar and energy fields, including LG and Panasonic. As a “Premium Installer” for Panasonic, it has access to extended warranty options. Currently, Elevation Solar operates in just eight states.

How does Elevation Solar work?

Elevation Solar requires five steps to get set up with a solar energy system that suits you:

• Free consultation: The Elevation Solar team assesses your home and reviews the utility rate plans available to you. You can also upload your utility bill online to receive a custom quote digitally to get started.
  • Proposal: Your consultant compiles information about your energy needs and reviews your utility uses and fees to create a unique proposal that fits your home.
  • Survey and design: The team surveys your home and the adjacent property to make sure the engineers design a system that saves you as much as possible on your energy bills.
  • Installation and setup: Elevation Solar takes the lead on securing any necessary city permits and building applications, then the company usually needs only a day to install.
  • Final inspections: Your city and your electricity company inspect your system; once it’s approved, you’re all set.

Elevation Solar costs

Elevation Solar doesn’t list pricing information on its website, but it does have a price-match guarantee. Its costs depend on several factors, like system type, your home’s size and whether or not you claim the federal solar tax credit. On average, it costs about $20,000 to $25,000 to install solar panels (after the federal tax credit).

Elevation Solar FAQ

Where is Elevation Solar available?
Elevation Solar is available in eight states across the country: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Utah, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How much does Elevation Solar charge for solar installation?
Elevation Solar doesn’t specify pricing information on its website, but costs depend on the type of system, the size of the system and whether or not you claim the federal residential solar energy credit.
What solar panels does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar works with some of the top names in the industry, including Panasonic, Q Cells, LG and REC.
What solar batteries does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar features Panasonic and Generac batteries.
Does Elevation Solar have a warranty on its products?
Yes, it provides a lifetime workmanship warranty on its systems and a 10-year workmanship warranty for roof penetrations. It also offers an extended warranty program, Elevation Complete Protection, which includes a 30-year warranty on panels, inverters, racking and roof penetrations.

Is Elevation Solar a good company?

Elevation Solar is a reputable solar panel systems provider. Though its services are currently available in just eight states, it’s a solid choice for those with access to it — however, remember it’s best to get quotes from several companies to see what suits your needs. Overall, if Elevation Solar fits your budget and serves your area, it’s a good option for solar energy solutions.

Elevation Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation Solar?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

At the time we signed up, everything was straightforward. Elevation Solar was offering me a certain number of panels that would satisfy me in my current situation. I decided to go and get a couple more panels to be sure that I was gonna be okay in the future. However, there were a couple of hiccups that could have been handled better. When they did the electrical, they had to do some grounding. They only did one grounding point where they had to do two. The permits took a little bit longer than expected and there was no feedback telling me where the holdups were. It would have been better if they were more informative. They deal with different states and there are different rules for different states but if this is their thing, after a couple of times of doing this, they would know what's expected for the permit to pass.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

As soon as I signed up, Elevation Solar contacted me and set up the appointments. They came on time and finished early. They answered all my questions too. They prepared me on what to expect. After they were done with their portion, they told me how NV Energy had to come out here and do their inspection and it could take up to 30 days. It took 20 days so they were a little earlier and even when that guy came in, it was super simple. Once he was done, he told me to contact Elevation Solar, let them know that we were online and they would send me an email on how to hook it up and refresh the system. I did that and it was super easy. Having the system is awesome. I look at the app and see that I'm producing more than I'm using. Hopefully, that adds up and I can stay off the grid. I'm still learning how it works but I'm happy so far. Elevation Solar did everything they said they would.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Elevation had the best price and they got back to me in a good amount of time. Everyone was really right on top of things. I would send an email and I would get an email back. Working with the people there was really easy, and they answered all my questions. They sent me an email for the solar monitoring and how to set it up. I could print it up, and I don't do well with computers, but it was great. Setting it up and turning it on was super easy. The gentleman I was working with was good. I would tell him, “Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard anything back yet.” He would tell me, "Let me check it out,” and I would hear within another one or two days. The only thing is that I thought that the critter guards were included in my overall deal, but it wasn't. But we've got that taken care of. Now, I got to wait 10 days in order to see if we get someone to come out and start working on it.

Original review: June 16, 2021

The tech was knowledgeable and the documentation/PowerPoint was done very well, helping me understand the install and the hardware. The process was very quick and mostly done well. It was all installed in one day and the crew did a very good job on the install. They were in and out, painted all of the tubing, and left everything looking very good, even picking up their trash.

In hindsight, I think I overpaid and it really bothers me. I paid $32,000 for the complete installed with 23 panels. I would recommend people shop around for a better deal first. I also had a pigeon problem because they did not put up barriers. The birds got under the panels and roosted, causing damage. I had to pay $800 for someone to clean the roof, panels, and put up a barrier recently. I did email Elevation and ask for someone to assist me, but I got no response.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Elevation Solar was quite reasonable. They were a lot more informative on the tax rebate and how that works. Other companies were like, “Yeah, you can go figure it out." I was very pleased with the whole introduction to Elevation Solar. First, I had to approve the plan and the number of panels going up on my roof. Then it had to go through SRP, the City of Mesa, my HOA and I didn't have to touch it once. Their office handled every step, kept me apprised of where the delays were because the City of Mesa doesn't move real fast. SRP is pretty good. My HOA dragged their feet. But they gave me a realistic expectation, which was four weeks out in the future. The guys who installed the panels also reached out to me to see if I happen to have any matching house paint, which fortunately, the guy I bought the house from left me a can. So they touched up the conduit and everything that runs up to my eaves and made it a very seamless, beautiful project.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I recently decided to upgrade my home's energy efficiency and I went with Elevation. They educated me on the inefficiencies in my home and how completing the upgrade will provide a return on my investment in a couple of years. It was a no-brainer. The price was right, the crew was helpful and my home is much better at staying cool in the summer months! Would recommend!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I had solar panels put on my home last week. I received a lot of information from multiple companies but decided to go with Elevation. The process was smooth from start to finish. I really enjoyed my salesperson, Adam. He was professional and had been in the business for many years. (Even though he was young enough to be my son). They were on time with no issues. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

I can honestly say our experience with Elevation Solar has been extremely negative and very disappointing. As a customer, if you are looking for non-skilled personnel to install or repair your SOLAR System with a company that has no communication within their office, or any type of customer satisfaction, this is the company for you. Their service is absolutely atrocious!!!! This is by far a company that is unreliable for solar. This company will take YOUR money, and if you are unfortunate enough to start having problems, you will have difficulty contacting anyone to help you including field supervisors, if by chance you are lucky enough to get their phone number.

From day one the install was not done correctly. I had roof leaks, and panels went out due to obsolete wire connectors. I was never notified of panel outages through the company, which they were in fact suppose to be monitoring production for one year. This company drags their feet when there is a issue with your solar, to fix or repair the problems. When the company finally made arrangements for personnel to come to do repairs, no one showed up. Not only did they not show but I did not receive an E-Mail or a phone call letting me know of the change in plans. This scheduling/no-show happened multiply times.

When finally a person came to my home, they did not understand the scoop of the complaint due to the lack of communication in their office but upon inspection they could not fix the problems due to company’s lack of material. At the present time I still have unresolved issues. If upper level management does not see to take pride in their work, the workers underneath them will do the same. I advise everyone before you decide to go with any SOLAR COMPANY go online, go to the BBB, CUSTOMER AFFAIRS, and the company’s website. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT CHOOSE ELEVATION SOLAR...

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Elevation Solar had the cheapest quote that I got. I talked to them and they seemed reasonable and seemed to know what they're doing. I had a nice experience enrolling. The only thing about the part was it took a little longer than expected. But other than that, it went nice. Everything worked as it should. Everything has been great. They gave me a system that I asked for. Others were saying things like, “It’s too big for your house.” I told Elevation that I wanted a solar system and they said, “Okay, we’ll do this.”

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

There was a slight miscommunication because they were pre-wired for solar and they ran it through the roof. But it was just because there were multiple layers of people involved. The messages didn't get passed up. But all in all, it was not a big deal.

Elevation Solar Company Information