4.5/5 (39 ratings)

About Elevation Solar

Elevation Solar is a solar energy company that services Arizona and seven other states. It offers residential solar energy options and works with several solar panel manufacturers. The company offers free consultations and quotes and can help reduce home energy costs.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Helps cut down on home utility costs
  • Several trusted brand names
  • Extended warranty program

Cons

• Available only in eight states
  • No pricing info online

Bottom Line

Elevation Solar is a solar panel system provider. It has residential options for solar power, smart homes, energy storage and more. It serves eight states, carries top brand names and provides several warranty options.

What is Elevation Solar?

Elevation Solar is a solar panel company based in Arizona. Started in 2014, the company offers residential energy solutions for homeowners looking to reduce their energy bills. Elevation Solar provides services related to:

• Energy management
  • Energy efficiency
  • Smart home integration
  • Smart energy management
  • Energy storage
  • Electric vehicle charging stations
  • Residential grid services

Elevation Solar won the Contractor of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Energy in 2019. The company works with major names in the solar and energy fields, including LG and Panasonic. As a “Premium Installer” for Panasonic, it has access to extended warranty options. Currently, Elevation Solar operates in just eight states.

How does Elevation Solar work?

Elevation Solar requires five steps to get set up with a solar energy system that suits you:

• Free consultation: The Elevation Solar team assesses your home and reviews the utility rate plans available to you. You can also upload your utility bill online to receive a custom quote digitally to get started.
  • Proposal: Your consultant compiles information about your energy needs and reviews your utility uses and fees to create a unique proposal that fits your home.
  • Survey and design: The team surveys your home and the adjacent property to make sure the engineers design a system that saves you as much as possible on your energy bills.
  • Installation and setup: Elevation Solar takes the lead on securing any necessary city permits and building applications, then the company usually needs only a day to install.
  • Final inspections: Your city and your electricity company inspect your system; once it’s approved, you’re all set.

Elevation Solar costs

Elevation Solar doesn’t list pricing information on its website, but it does have a price-match guarantee. Its costs depend on several factors, like system type, your home’s size and whether or not you claim the federal solar tax credit. On average, it costs about $20,000 to $25,000 to install solar panels (after the federal tax credit).

Elevation Solar FAQ

Where is Elevation Solar available?
Elevation Solar is available in eight states across the country: Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, Texas, Utah, North Carolina and South Carolina.
How much does Elevation Solar charge for solar installation?
Elevation Solar doesn’t specify pricing information on its website, but costs depend on the type of system, the size of the system and whether or not you claim the federal residential solar energy credit.
What solar panels does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar works with some of the top names in the industry, including Panasonic, Q Cells, LG and REC.
What solar batteries does Elevation Solar use?
Elevation Solar features Panasonic and Generac batteries.
Does Elevation Solar have a warranty on its products?
Yes, it provides a lifetime workmanship warranty on its systems and a 10-year workmanship warranty for roof penetrations. It also offers an extended warranty program, Elevation Complete Protection, which includes a 30-year warranty on panels, inverters, racking and roof penetrations.

Is Elevation Solar a good company?

Elevation Solar is a reputable solar panel systems provider. Though its services are currently available in just eight states, it’s a solid choice for those with access to it — however, remember it’s best to get quotes from several companies to see what suits your needs. Overall, if Elevation Solar fits your budget and serves your area, it’s a good option for solar energy solutions.

Elevation Solar Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Elevation?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I just purchased my solar panels from Elevation this past summer. Overall, I would highly recommend them. I was told upfront that solar is a construction project, so there might be some unforeseen delays that were dependent upon potentially having to upgrade our main panel. I appreciate how they set the correct expectation, and I felt like I was being "sold" by other companies promising the moon and more. Found out that all solar companies deal with the same supply chain issues. The work might take a little longer, but I feel good KNOWING IT'S done right! They have a complete protection package that covers the system itself for the lifetime and they also have a deal with EnergyStar and ASU which I thought was pretty cool. I'm about to get activated next week, but I have been blown away at their approach to my solar project.

Get buying tips about Solar Energy Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I purchased a 14.5 kw system over a year ago from Elevation. My experience with Elevation has been mostly positive. I found in the last year, my system produced close to what Elevation estimated. I am pleased with the Curb and Enlighten apps. They keep me informed as to the health of my system. I have worked with Elevation’s engineers and installers and found them both to be courteous and professional. Vincent **, my Energy Consultant, is hard working and a pleasure to work with. Installation went smoothly except for the rails on my staircase to the roof got scratched up and I had to touch them up. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Great experience with Elevation. I like the fact that I know what my electric bill will be each month, and I only pay $13 in connection fees each month. Also like the feeling of doing my part to help the environment by investing into cleaner energy sources. Elevation Solar offered payment plans up to 25 years, but I was pleased to find out they had a 10-year option with no penalty if I just so happened to pay it off early.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My experience with Elevation has been great for three years. My system has been producing more energy than I needed, so I was selling back my excess energy to the grid for credits. Green Mountain jacked up their rates once already this year and are supposed to increase the rates again before the end of the year. I just got my first actual bill since going solar, a little disappointing that utility companies keep increasing the price for solar customers. All in all, not Elevation’s fault and I’ve been very satisfied with their help over the years.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I recently purchased solar panels from Elevation Solar and created some unnecessary work for them by incorrectly completing the paperwork. Their team took the time and had to jump through hoops to help rectify the situation. My sales agent, Kim **, brought in the necessary people to get it resolved. This is one of the main reasons I went with Elevation Solar. I read several reviews and took note about their customer service. They're always prompt on responding to my questions. Other companies will leave you hanging.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Very very unorganized company. Salespeople do not return your calls as soon as you have paid. The service department does not talk to the concierge department. I've been waiting for a part for 8 months now. That was supposed to be delivered 2 months after I initially called. Service department was dispatched and sent out 1 technician that was not qualified, and then 2 more times the technician had no idea why they were at my residence. Jeff **, from the concierge department, has promised a call back or an email and it has now been about 2 months since I've heard from him. I'm sure this company is good at two things, taking your money and forgetting about their customers. Thanks Eric ** for selling me the system and the entire concierge department for failing me.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

There are 1000+ solar companies and I’m glad I went with Elevation. Every sales rep sells the same thing, but they do their own installations and I feel secure knowing they have headquarters/offices in several states. My neighbor bought a system from a company that is no longer in business and I like how Elevation offers a complete protection package. They are backed by insurance which gives me peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I decided to install solar and after talking to a few companies went with Elevation due to their good reviews. My experience has not matched others. I agreed to install in April, they sent the wrong paperwork to the City of Fort Worth which delayed the install until end of August, then final inspections from the city were mid September. System went live 3rd week in September, 6 months after agreeing to proceed. One week after they were live, one of my panels failed, it took me multiple emails and phone calls to get any support. They eventually sent out a technician who confirmed that the inverter was damaged and needed to be replaced. This was the 2nd week in October.

As of today 9th December they have still not fixed this broken panel, as three weeks ago after 4 emails, and 4 phone calls they sent a tech out to fix it, but my roof was too steep for one person to fix on their own (Please note they installed the panels and the gradient of the roof was in the all the paperwork). After another week I called them for an update on the repair, they couldn't provide any as they don't have enough technicians in TX (BTW - They are still selling and installing).

I then received a call that they will fix the panel on 12/12 - This is 10 weeks after I reported the problem and numerous calls and emails. As it is still not fixed, I can't be certain that it will be fixed on 12/12, but I would caution anybody who decided to purchase from Elevation for solar, that if you have a problem it will likely take a long time to fix. Based on my experiences so far, I would not recommend them and would tell people to look elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Rigo and his crew showed up on time, were very professional. They informed me of everything that was being done on my home and walked me through the entire process and answered any questions I had. They did a fantastic job and would definitely recommend.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Have an amazing experience working with Pete the Energy Efficiency manager. He walk us through everything step by step. Prepared us for what to expect during the install and everything went as planned. Couldn't be happier. Thank you sir!

Elevation Solar Company Information