Winners International Sweepstakes

345 Winners International Sweepstakes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

Had a call from a man indicating I had won $800,000, but had to go to buy a Vanilla Visa Gift Card for $1000 at Walmart in order for the "lawyer", Jack **, and his team to come present me with the money. Once I had the gift card, the next step was to call 518-512-9243, which comes up as Mid-Hudson Communications in Albany, New York, which I googled while the man was speaking to me. When I told him the number came up as Mid-Hudson Communications, he said that is "the head office of the company." When I told him I was suspicious because no one should have to PAY to collect winnings of any sort, he told me he was disappointed that I was giving up such a great opportunity. Apparently, my "secret and confidential" winning number is 06050301US.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Many sweepstakes companies including Publishers Clearing House and their baby sister say they never hear of me but here I have over 24 million tokens I won thousands of prizes from companies which I will be turning into the federal fraud unit. After PCH in Feb this year contest was done I started getting folders with skully725 with a splice thru it and missing. I dont like these games. I worked 9 years on these sweeps for what to get not one penny no Christmas for my autistic child. I have back up files in a 800 pound safe. These files will be given to the proper authorities. I have books upon books of things I won and never received.

Along with PayPal they will be having a class action lawsuit for theft and lies. They sent me 4 business cards. Denied it. I have all of them. They put 1500 on one by mistake. I bought a pool and for their mistake I got sweeps money and they paid the pool off. Now they say I never had a Skully 725 acct. Well good luck PayPal. You will be charged with grand theft and much more. Go look on eBay. Skully 725 almost 2000 feedbacks. I also am suing Meta Bank for wrecking my credit. I have over 100 debit cards sent from their companies. If I was PayPal I would come out and quit lying cause you will lose in the end thieving a disabled woman. Shame on you. If these companies dont pay up they will be taken to federal court. If theres nothing you dont understand call a attorney and he will tell you how you will be harshly reprimanded.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 31, 2018

Been calling me for the past 6 months, claiming that I have won a Sweepstakes. I tell them I don't have no money to pay, and don't give personal Information over the phone or internet. I've blocked numerous numbers and they won't stop harassing Me. What can I do! I'm not changing my number!

Original review: April 30, 2018

My wife and I were called this morning by Winners International. They gave us this number: **, but when I said, "I'd call back," they did not answer. The subscriber was unavailable. The promise was of $950,000 and a Mercedes and all we had to do was get our Claims Package from Walmart and be home within 2 1/2 hours for delivery (with a news crew). The catch? The Claims Package would cost us $550, which they promised to reimburse when they delivered the prize. I hope no one falls for this nonsense.

Original review: March 24, 2018

My 91-year old mother received a text **, saying I'll call you later. She later received a call when no-one was home from **, telling her she won 2.5 million and a Mercedes that would be there in an hour and half. He instructed her to obtain a money order for $665.00 and to overnight the check to ** 2421 Jennings Dallas Texas. He repeated the instructions several times, made sure she repeated the information back, he asked, "How long will it take for you to go to the Post Office" - "20 minutes" she answered. She was to call him back once she had completed the task. My niece answered the phone when he called back for my mom and promptly cussed her out. I called the number several times and I received a call back from a Jamaican number 18764370576. I put the police dept. on speaker so my mother could hear it was a scam - I think she understood it was but it was difficult to convince her.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winners International Sweepstakes?

Original review: March 3, 2018

I received a call today March 3, 2018 from a Mr. John **, phone #:1-876-581-1623. He tried to tell me that I had won an enormous amount of money. I told him straight away that I knew that this was A SCAM and to please stop calling me. He tried to sweet talk his way into my purse, but I would not allow it. Then I googled the name of the company and found many, many stories of the scams that this company has run on people. They make it sound true, sincere and honest, but don't believe it. They did not scam me out of anything, Don't let them scam you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

A good friend got sucked into this SCAM over 2 yrs ago. Since then she has paid thousands of dollars into Winners International and no one can talk her out of it. 'John', from Washington DC area (202 area code phone number) was going to fly out here twice in a corp. jet to give her her winnings (a 2015 Benz and $5 million). Both trips cancelled by him. He was going to send a Brinks transport to take her to the bank to receive her money. Never showed up! Her 2015 Benz became a 2017 somehow. Her $5 million 'earned' a million in interest (20%) and is now $6 million. They couldn't accept a cashier’s check for one of their fees because they didn't have a bank account, they insisted she send cash, which she did.

In Feb. 2017 they told her the F.C.C. was charging a tax on her lottery winnings, which she paid. She also paid a Trump 'stamp tax' about the same time. She was paying a 'storage' fee on the Benz at the start of this when she let me in on it. At this point she has nothing to show for all the money spent. I suggested she ask 'John' for the VIN on her Benz before she sends them another cent. I doubt that she did this but if she did they put her off since there is NO car! She is near broke now, barely has money for rent, food, & living expenses. No one will lend her money, credit is shot. Yet they still ask her for more money.

She hasn't told me what they wanted the money for this time. I don't think she was able to pay it, but I know she's trying to come up with it. There should to be an on-going investigation by the D.A. or some consumer group based on the number of complaints I've seen. This operation needs to be shut down now! This makes me and others she has told about this scam sick with disgust.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I received a letter. Called the number 1-877-867-6896 to give your claim No # and was told I won 980.000.00. After taxes it would be 580.000.00 but I have to pay 1000.00 out of my pocket to get my winnings, and he had a friend that have the District of DC phone numbers too, to make it feel like you talking to the Federal Regularity Consumer Dept... It's a scam scam scam because they all have the same accent when they were talking. What in the world is United States allowing this mess to happen, they get free schooling and housing, and free medical assistance. We need to stop this. And the people in DC need to really check who really works for them.

Original review: May 23, 2017

**SCAM SCAM SCAM** I got a phone call from 876-294-2923 from Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica. I was at work so I didn't answer, I figured if it was important, they would call back or leave a message. Sure enough I got a second call about an hour later. It was Jeffrie ** a so called representative for a company called "Montley Grand Raffle". He said my phone number was selected in a raffle I entered when I purchased my phone from Verizon and I won $850,000 and a 2016 BMW. At first I was like, "Nah, not possible, please stop calling me". And then he goes on to tell me how much they were not a scam and how their lines are recorded by the Federal Government. Then he tells me to write all of this info down: #1995. 5042001-- winning #. Receive $450K in cash and $400K in cashiers check. Delivered by a red Front tow 18-wheeler. Delivered by UPS.

Once he gave me all that, I was like, "Alright why not... Can't one awesome thing happen like this in my life." Then when I asked him what I needed to do, he told me to fill out a sender's form at Kroger to send $155 delivery fee that would be refunded at the time of delivery. Little to say, I hung up on him, then he proceeded to blow my phone up with 20+ calls until my Jamaican friend cussed him out in his language threatening the police and he finally stopped calling. Why do people feel the need to rip off a 20 year old college student who pays her own bills?? It's called a real job dude, find one.

Original review: March 28, 2017

A call came in today and said that I won 3.5 million bucks from The Winners International and this Mr ** wanted me to send a Money Gram for 51 bucks, BUT would not give me an address (as I played along). This Mr ** told me not to tell family or friends about my Prize and said that there is a lot of crazy people in the world and not trust anyone. (Yeah ok Iol) The number for this mr ** is 509-428-2586. How is the man getting away with this? Like I am a fool really Iol...

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I got a phone call saying I had won third place in a sweepstakes that I had won through purchasing in Walmart, Walgreens or CVS stores and was placed in a sweepstakes each time I made a purchase and also it was a senior citizen's sweepstakes. He ask me if I was a senior citizen and I said I am over 50. He ask if I receive social security and I said no. He ask if I work and I said yes. He ask if I am self employed.

I had won supposedly won $950,000.00 and he wanted to prepare my package for delivery tomorrow. He had an indian type accent and I told him I would not give him my bank account and he said that was ok that I did not need to do that but that they would be letting in the internal revenue know and I needed to have an account for the money to go into immediately upon receiving. I ask him the name of the company and he said winners international out of Nevada. We kept getting cut off and he would call me back. I googled Winners International and found it is a SCAM. Phone number was 206-497-8442.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I just got a call from Winners International, and must admit at first the thought of winning thrilled me, especially after the man a "Don Murphy" with an Indian accent connected his organization to Publishers Clearing House. He told me that I had won a new Mercedes, and $2 million. Then he asked for $1500 for 'taxes' and I told him that PCH never asks for monies, but show up with a check. I asked him the name of his group and wrote it down, quickly entered it into the pc and WHAM! Scam reports were all over the page! I laughed as I told him I declined the prize and hung up!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

Do not trust this. I was told I would get A 2015 Mercedes Benz and $850,000. As I was talking to "Andy" I was looking at reviews and when I asked him why certain reviews established this company as a scam, I asked him about it and he started to get frustrated. READ THIS: After a couple minutes of myself questioning his business, he said, "Are you a gay?" I didn't think that I heard him properly so I asked him, "Are you asking if I am a homosexual?" He then replied in his very slow and weird accent, "Yes that is what I am asking." After never once being asked this in my life I shockingly said, "No why?" AND EVEN MORE SHOCKINGLY HE SAID "BECAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE ONE," also in his very slow accent. I guess he thought that would persuade me further to pay cash upfront for something that I already knew was fake. Moral of the story, DON'T TRUST THESE CALLS FROM THIS BUSINESS.

Original review: July 24, 2016

The 3.5 million is a scam. They wanted me to send a 300 wire to wire to Walmart in Davie FL and tell them I'm sending to a friend... They called me over 20 times even after I cussed, and told them this is a scam, they still called. I finally said over and over, "YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME," then no more phone calls. If you send them money (sorry to say) a fool and their money are soon departed.

Original review: April 30, 2016

I received a call today and was told I had won 3.5 million dollars and a Mercedes-Benz. A man named John called me and gave me a package code number that only he and someone else who may call me would know. If they did not identify this number, I was not to speak with them. Nevertheless after being informed of my good fortune, I was asked about my credit card and the debt owed on it. I told them and was told they were going to pay off my credit card for me so that I could then get a cash advance and send $2800 to them. I asked, why would I need to get a cash advance and send money to them when they could just take it from the winnings. Of course they could not do so. Therefore, to make it easier for me to pay, they would set up an account for me to use to pay off my balance. They did give me an account and routing number of a bank.

When I called the bank, I was told no one could set up an account in my name without my presence (Red Flag#1). Secondly, when I informed them of this, they then said it was the company accountant's account. They insisted I use it to pay off my credit card balance. I then asked after I did this what would be the next step. They said there was no next step except to send them the $2800 (Red Flag#2). They said, they were doing something to help me. No money would be coming out of my pocket because the money was coming from their account. I said, "yes it is because you expect me to pay off my card and then get a cash advance to send to you." I told them I would be foolish to do such a thing since I don't know them nor do I know if what they say was legitimate.

After a while they became somewhat upset about my not going ahead and paying off my credit card balance with the account they provided. I was told once I paid the money, my package would arrive with all the hoopla prize winners usually experience when this sort of thing is done publicly. Maybe, I should have paid my credit card with their account to see if it was really possible to take their money so that they could see how it feels to get scammed. However, I didn't know how paying on my account would affect my credit card. I didn't know if that was a way to get my credit card info or what, so I just told them I thought they were scammers and I did not believe what they were saying. There was no need to call me back. Nonetheless, they were quite persistent and very convincing.

So BEWARE. Would you believe, one of them, I believe it was David, who said he was a minister. These people are going to be sad when they have to stand before God and give an account for this. Here are the various numbers that called me today 4/29/16: **. There were some calls from numbers that showed up as unavailable and unrestricted. I even told them the Attorney General office of my state said never send money for "sweepstakes winnings". They told me the attorney general's office was wrong (Red Flag#3).

It seems my experience was similar to many of you who have written about this same company. I asked them so many questions that they called my questions stupid skeptical. By the way, the people who were calling sounded of Indian descent, although the general manager, David, sounded as if he spoke better English than John. I'm writing this review because these people need to be stopped. Hopefully, this will keep others from being scammed.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My 84 year old mother started receiving calls about 2 weeks ago (March-April 2016) regarding 2.5 million and 2016 Mercedes Benz. The caller was Jamaican (Arthur **) and stated he needed her to send money for international stamps and money to pay the taxes on the car. She wired $300 twice (Walmart) and ultimately deposited $2850 into an account with Bank of America. I tried to explained to her that this was a scam. They even used the governor name and assistant David ** to make the story sound legit. He told her that he would pay off her credit card to make room for money to be given. Once I found out, the cc payment was fraudulent and now they have all her info. I called him, was cussed out by him and his wife. They're SCAMMERS. Please look out for these individuals.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

So I have just received a called from John, with Indian accent. The call was on 1/27/2016. They gave me a confirmation code, along with all this numbers to called in case I had any questions. At this moment I was excited because I thought it was true, since I was calling to a West American bank to change my 4 digit code from my Debit Card. And this dude pops up. So this guy told me that he need my debit card information and I gave it to him!!! Sooner I realize it was a SCAM and I canceled my credit card. He told me I would be getting my $200 dollar gift card in about 7 days. With this credit card I would buy anything on Walmart. DO YOU THINK THIS COULD BE A SCAM TOO.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

It all started in 2012, I had gotten an approval for a grant. I was homeless at the time, but still got the money to send for a first payment. That was in July. By December I was still trying to get this so called grant, Now I have won a Las Vegas Walmart sweepstakes of 7 million and a truck. Well This could be possible for I have lived in Vegas and played lots of sweepstakes. Still homeless living in Salinas, Ca.

Started talking to a man saying he was with the FBI. Helping to catch scammers. So yes saying I have still won, did send me email of my prize money and car, along with his name, prize claim number. So yes it looked good, I did send some money and believed that I helped to catch some scammers, never receive my reward. To this day I have spent over $3,000. My prize winnings is now at 9 million and a car. Still the FBI agent has moved up in his job. Still calls now. Wants more money for final delivery of Today with attorneys, newspapers, and other officials. I still don't know if this is real.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2016

I used a fake name then was informed that I won 2.5 million. When asked question, gave false info. Later was asked was I employed, said no. Then told that I need to pay 299.00 dollars to receive my money. When told I couldn't pay was told I could set up a credit acct. to pay it. So when I called back on the no. given use another fake story and name, was told the same info. about winning money. And sending them money, James ** or whoever he is needs to be caught. The number he called from that I called back is a no. from my area (**). How he does it I don't know but someone need to catch him for preying on people. He need to be caught.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Beware, we have continue to receive phone calls for several weeks saying we won 5.5 million dollars & a new car. When asked to send info in writing they hang up. We asked them to quit calling but we receive numerous calls every day. They will argue with us, we don't let them get to asking for money... We know this is a scam. I thought we were register on the do not call list, but had been removed. As soon as we can we are going to file a complaint. Hope others will not be taken by this con artist.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Sales person (John **) was being extremely rude to me on the phone. He was getting progressively more belligerent as the call went on. Finally I was rude back to him and I told him not to ever talk to me in that tone again and he said "** You". I answered back the same and hung up. He called back and asked for my husband. He told John to talk not to me like that. My husband told him that we were a team and we were not going to pay for the money. John said if he was a man, he would get the money no matter what I said and then he said "** You". My husband said the same and told him never to call us again and hung up.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I have been dealing with these people since 2012. Originally it was with a very "chummy" character named "Donald Trump" - go figure??? Of course, he was not the real Trump. He disappeared and Joe Jackson popped up - he was around until 2014 when he disappeared. Then Mr. John Brown showed up, he was around until June 2014 when he disappeared, and then Paul Fisher showed up. They managed to scam me out of $70,000 just to get what was represented to me as "my winnings of $25 Million Dollars", the return of the $70,000 sent to them, and 2 cars. I was not concerned with getting the imaginary $25 Million, I just wanted my $70,000 back from them as promised.

I have reported this to the Attorney General of the State of Florida, who in turn forwarded my complaint, with proof of payments, names and phone numbers, to the FBI in Washington; I have filed a complaint with the FTC; and finally filed a complaint with the American Embassy in Jamaica, who has a division dealing with these scams. The final conclusion - no one gives a damn about senior citizens falling for these jokers so caveat emptor!! Buyer beware. DON'T DO IT NO MATTER HOW NICE THEY TRY TO TALK YOU INTO BELIEVING THEM.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

A company just called my phone claiming to be a UPS driver saying I won 2.5 million dollars and a Mercedes Benz, and to call another phone number with a confirmation number to claim my prizes. I called this number and talked with a "David **." He also had very broken English and said he was from Publishers Clearing House and to claim my prize, I needed to go to either Kroger or Walmart where they will sell me a "American gold seal of approval." His reasoning behind this was so that I don't have to pay the government and IRS all of my winnings and me only get $100,000... I said, why is it any concern of yours how I pay my taxes? His response was that he will go and have a meeting with president Obama on my behalf so they wouldn't take out that kind of taxes on me. Right then and there I knew it was a scam.

Then I hung up and I called Kroger and Walmart, and low and behold, neither store knew of a American gold seal stamp of approval, neither store sold this thing. Their phone numbers, both of them, one from the supposedly UPS driver that called, which I have never known a UPS driver to ever call my house before a delivery, then the number he told me to call to verify my winning number to, I've kept both of these numbers in case the real president Obama would like them because they did use his name which should be a crime in itself, or the BBB, or whomever. Maybe I should call the Attorney General's office or something but either way, don't fall for this scam and try and report these people. They couldn't even say Missouri correctly - they kept saying I live in the state of Misery... Not cool... Not cool.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

One thing I have learned as I sit reading of other people's experiences with this so-called 'company' is that I, like so many other unfortunates, have been 'victimized'. Perhaps I should correctly say I allowed myself to be victimized! I was first called by foreign-sounding telephone scammers as early as 2012. I had begun a prayer vigil of sorts asking God to provide me with the financial prosperity and abundance I've witnessed others be blessed with. But the first thing I asked God was "what must I do?" I was led to the Scripture found in Matt.6:33 "seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all things will be added unto you." Made sense to me because I believe in God. Since that time, I still believe in God and His living Word. The part that took me a very long time to understand was "Trust God above all things with your whole mind, heart and soul (paraphrase). I regrettably admit that now, 3 years later.

I desperately CLUNG to the belief that I would receive my prize delivery of, initially $2.5 million and a Mercedes Benz. (This was in the fall of 2012.) Subsequently, after my having sent COUNTLESS money transfers through Western Union and Moneygram it's now THREE years later and I STILL have not received my "prize". Foolish? STUPID? Gullible? Vulnerable? Acting out of desperation? ALL OF THE ABOVE! But one thing I can say today is that I have grown closer to God in SPIRIT and in TRUTH! I'm not even angry or upset about all the money I went through and messed up and became homeless over, had family and friends incredulous and looking at me like I was some kind of IDIOT (which I am most certainly not!)

But I know that in the 4th chapter of Philippians the Word of God says "Be anxious over nothing.." And now, I have perfect peace, less distress and confidence that I trust in God NOT MAN! At some undisclosed time (God's time) I will indeed receive the prosperity and abundance that I desire in my heart. In order that I may do His will...have a better quality of life for myself, my family, children & grandchildren, my church and my community as well. A hard lesson learned, but I wanted others to take heart and know that God is in control and that He will expose these corrupt and criminal individuals!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2015

In the past few weeks we keep getting calls from Winners International Sweepstakes, telling my Husband that he won 7.5 Million Dollars and a new Mercedes Benz which would be delivered by UPS. I have told them I reported this Company to the FCC and that that are nothing but a SCAM. Please people don't be fooled by these impostors!!! NOTHING BUT A SCAM!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

Twice a day I get a phone call from someone with an eastern Indian accent. They have called from Fort Worth and the latest number I was given was 876-278-8728. They said I won $85,000 for paying my bills on time. They keep wanting personal information on me such as address and other information they want to collect. Every time they called me, the speaker was unclear. Winners International is a Scam.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2015

These people, David, have been calling my mother in law for over a year now. We have changed her number a dozen times but he finds it. He has befriended her and made her believe that everything she is doing is legit and she will get her money/cars. To date, she has given them about $60k and nothing in return. We had to move her into a retirement facility because they are so far in debt they cannot stay in their house. Nothing we say to her will make her understand that this is all wrong. He tells her how to open accounts, change settings on her phone, which I control and she can't do, and what to say to people to get money. We had to take control of their home phone because she had $1500 in calls to Jamaica and couldn't pay. We have worked with fraud departments for both wireless carriers and landline but she made the call.

We currently are submitting a file to the Attorney General Office. She just received a check for $8528 as an alleged down payment for a PCH prize. We get her mail and intercepted the check. They have sent her checks before that she has cashed and then the check was returned creating a huge overdraft. They were kicked out of a bank for the fraud. It takes a sick person to convince an elderly woman this much that he is better than her own children and has her best interest. Now doing what we can to prevent any more damage to her or others. May or may not help but I'm going to try. Calls come from Toronto, Jamaica, and since they know I block international calls and she can't make them, they go through a Magic Jack to disguise the number.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2015

Today I received a call from Jamaica (1-876-874-1094), a man from "Winners International" claiming that I won $10 million and a 2015 Mercedes Benz. Right away I knew this was a scam... I do not enter contests. When I asked how I won, the man said the FBI gave my number because I do not have a criminal record or federal debt. Red flag, number two. As far as I know the FBI do not give third party "lottery" companies, people's numbers. He didn't know my name or the correct state in which I reside. He assumed my phone number was from the state that issued it. Wrong! Anyway, the man went on to say that there was a small $8K fee to be registered with their company system and that they would cover 99.9% of that fee, leaving me to pay $1500. He also told me when I received my check for the $10 million dollars that the $1500 would be reimbursed in cash.

His answers seemed to be coming from a script. The more questions I asked, the more flustered he seemed. He tried to over-talk me, which is pretty impossible as I love to debate. Especially when the situation is fishy. I asked so many questions that the man became exceedingly flustered and put his "manager" on the phone. The next man called himself Mr. Stanley ** and claimed to be the agent in charge of my winnings. He gave some bogus numbers as to the package and pin number. As he spoke, I hung up and blocked his number.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

I have been called several times from a David ** saying I won a new Mercedes Benz and 5 million dollars. He has also had representative call me. I tell him it is a scam on the 1st call and then having researched his name that his name did not exist in the USA. He said OK and hung up. Several days later the rep. called and I told him the same thing. I asked him where he thought I lived. He said "Carolinas". I told him way wrong as it is. I have a RI cell and live in NY! Please stop this scam. Numbers that have called me 615-229-7077.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

On October 12,2015 I received a call from a man named Mr. Ray ** telling me I won $950 thousand dollars and a Mercedes. Mr. ** said he was from PCH and to call a number for Dave ** , but I needed to send them $499.13 to cover taxes and they would deliver my car and check. He said to go to Western Union and send my money to Nancy **, Harrisburg, PA 17110 **. I did not send them anything. On October 13, he called again. Now he said his name was Watson ** from Las Vegas, Nevada, **. On October 14 they called again from Winners International Sweepstakes Mr Jonathan **. They want 499.00 to cover taxes on my winnings. Did not send them any money and I am going to block their numbers. Please do not send them anything. This is a SCAM.

Winners International Sweepstakes Company Information