2. Miscellaneous

Winners International Sweepstakes

Winners International Sweepstakes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Winners International Sweepstakes?

Original review: March 17, 2020

Too good to be true. Received the call, gave me a claim number. Gentleman name was Andy **. Said to mail a money order made out to Mary ** for $750.00 to cover insurance and customs. The address to be placed on the money order is 3789 Centerville Hwy. Snellville, Ga. 30039. Mail overnight. Mentioned my name came from either shopping at Walmart, Kroger, etc. My home number was used to contact me. I do not use home number for people to contact me because I might miss an important item. Always use cell number. Sounds too good to be true so did not bother. Will check on Google Earth for the location of this address.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

These people have called my mother (92, dementia) at least 8 times today, also many other calls from them. She "won" a new car, 64" tv, and 2.5 million. They go on and on, and ask her to go get a gift card for $2,500. I have told them NO many times. I even told him I would call the police, if he called again, well, he did, and I am contacting them in the morning. They call anytime, tonight it was 8:30pm and mom was in bed. PLEASE LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS COMPANY.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I received a call today that said I was a second place prize winner from Kansas and won $2.5 million dollars and a 2019 Chevy Malibu (that was black). Having been scammed before, I was very leary. This was DEFINITELY NOT Publisher's Clearing House! After taking down a bunch of numbers, etc., "All you have to do is pay 1% of the amount." Just go to WalMart and receive a specific document, etc. I asked why I had to pay this. $485. If I were truly winning something I wouldn't have to pay. He said I wouldn't ever have to pay taxes on my winning! He said it would all be refunded in the check I would be getting. Why would I have to pay and turn around for a refund. I asked many questions. I asked for a phone number -- the number I received was a local number.

My co-worker called the number and it went to Magic Jack. I asked to speak to someone else in his company and he put me through to the person who would be giving me the check. I was on the BBB site reading these ratings. This second man was telling me the same things. I called him out that it was a scam and that I was reading the reviews from the BBB and no one received any money, etc. I read him parts of the ratings and he hung up on me. The other guy called back saying we were disconnected. I told him it was his friend who disconnected me. In the meantime, we called the number back they were calling from and it was from Jamaica. The number on the BBB site for the company was from Magic Jack.

I told this man that I would meet them at the Sheriff's Officer for the transaction and he actually told me that we could do that. I then told him I would go to the SO and he could tell them the same things he's telling me and we'll see if it's a scam. I took all my information to the SO and the officer told me this was nothing unusual for a scammer. They kept all the information and would be investigating. I was concerned about how they got my information. He said it was from a purchased phonebook -- even though I don't have a landline -- there are cell phone phonebooks. BE AWARE OF WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO. DON'T BE SCAMMED!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I was called by some guy and I pretended to be a machine. He told me I won 2.3 mil. cash check and 5,500 weekly plus a Mercedes Benz 2019 cinnamon blue. I kept playing along. He then gave me a package code and winning check number. He didn't know my address or anything but said within 1 hr I would be receiving my money with a news reporter who would be putting me on T.V. and local newspapers. Even asked me for a secondary beneficiary and to get all dressed up in my best clothes. So I gave him my address and then asked him to repeat it back to me and he hung up.

No real sweepstakes would hang up plus he kept calling woman names like Kimberly ** "He." Plus he kept saying my money was at the embassy awaiting for the green light lol. All I had to do was go to Dollar General, CVS, or a Walgreen to get a claimers card named "Moneypak scratch card" and not to show it to anyone or tell anyone about it. The guy was obviously reading from what's known as a "Question key card." It's literally just a starting statement and then a whole bunch of answers for the average excuses we would use, and then a ending agreement. But this guy never got to the end with me lol.

I just kept playing stupid. If you ever get the chance!!!! And you're not busy. Keep them on the line for as long as you can!!!! They waste time and money and you save others. If I could I would call them back and get them to keep doing this with me. Even tell them. "Stay on the line!!! I'm headed to {such and such} store right now!!!!" I might even drive around the block a few times lol. Tell them the store is only an hr away. Bwahahaha.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

A man with an Indian accent named Don ** from a number in Plandome, NY called to say I won 1.5 million and a 2020 Mercedes Benz from a sweepstakes I was entered in by Bank of America for paying my bills on time. I needed to verify my winnings by sending 499.00 to Karen ** thru Walmart to Walmart transfer. I said I didn’t have that much money and he dropped the amount to 199.95. Just to see, my husband went to the Money Center in Walmart and tried to send the money but of course it wouldn’t go through because it was deemed a scam.

I stayed home on the phone with Don as to not miss the truck coming from Fort Wayne, IN (45 min away) with my new car. Don then Advised my husband to go to Walgreens to send it by Western Union. Again- wouldn’t go thru. Of course! Don called back and I said “Nice try, Don” and hung up. He was my best friend the whole time we talked. Lol. Can’t wait to call back and bother THEM as often as possible!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I received a call saying I was a winner of Two Million Five Hundred Dollars. The man calling said his name was Michael **. He had a foreign accent. Wanted to know how many bills I had. Wanted me to pay them off before I could receive any money. He told me I would receive the balance after Federal and State taxes were paid. I told him that if I had won some money it should not make a difference if I owed any money to anyone. Wanted me to give him information on my bank account. He called me several times on August 09, 2019 trying to get information from me. Said I was to win on August 13, 2019 and to call him at a certain time on that morning. I was also supposed to win a 2019 Mercedes Benz CLA 250-Class AMG Series. He was supposed to arrive at my home at 1:00 pm. I never heard from him again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

They call. Said I won a million dollars and merchandise. I told him I was already rich so he could take it and stick it up his **. He has not call back any more. I get letters and emails all the time. I know better!

Original review: July 18, 2019

They are very persistent scammers. My "rep" a Chinese man probably early 40's calling himself Mr Benjamin **?? Told me I had won a second prize of $1.4m plus $1k per month for 52 months. Also went on to how I was entered in the Sweepstake! (They appeared to have learned this was a weak spot in their spiel.) Some claptrap about being a customer of Walmart. He already had my address and email - When he got around to asking what bank I used, he had previously mentioned that the check would be certified by Bank of America and also by Wells Fargo?? I explained that those questions would have to wait until I did my due diligence and authenticated his company, as he had stressed the importance of security! Plus I assured him this was just routine. I also told him my executor would probably also contact him as a matter of routine! He assured me he would ring me back. I have the feeling that he will not. July 18th at 1215.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I Received a call from Dave ** Badge ** today. He said we won second place for $750,000 and a 2013 car plus $5000.00 a week for life. He wanted me to send $259.00 through Walmart. I smelled a scam and hung up. Since I hung up they have repeatedly called back. I finally answered the phone to stop calling us but had a new phone number and different agent. The other thing with David was there was a small child screaming the the background.

Original review: May 21, 2019

People from Winners International called my wife telling her she had won a 7 million dollar prize and a Mercedes. Then, a couple weeks ago, a man named David ** from Winners International and Trenton, New Jersey called and my wife gave them $1,600 out of our joint account without my knowledge. I read her the riot act and even had a policeman come to tell her not to give David or anyone else any money like that. But, then they scammed another $500 out of her. This week, David called again and claimed he was ready to giver her the prize that day, but he asked for $650 more. We told him there was no money, and the day came and went and he said he would deliver it early the next morning.

The next morning, he called again and demanded $650. We told him he drained our one account and there is no more money for him, because all of the money we had left elsewhere was committed to monthly bills that are due the rest of the month. He got upset and tried to divide my wife and I by calling us separately, even though he promised to deliver the prize at my work (I would pick up my wife and meet him back there). However, he got very huffy about the money and said forget it. I don't think there never was any money and so I called him a liar. We will report them to Consumer Affairs and the FTC now. All these scammers seem to have funny accents and are hard to understand over the telephone. Some are calling from Jamaica, so beware of 876 numbers. The charges will ding your cell phone accounts.

Winners International Sweepstakes Company Information