2. Finance

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Cash4Gold.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash4Gold.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash4Gold?

Original review: April 19, 2010

Sent jewelry February 18. Received a response on February 25, jewelry processed and check to follow. No check. I finally contacted last April 12, spoke with a Petra. Was told, check for $311.53. Would cancel check and reissue. Later the same day left a message stating that this had been referred to the accounting department. Check would be sent UPS. Called 4/6, spoke with Shakira, read notes sending out today. Request tracking number. I was told to call back 1pm PSDT. Called 12:42 PM and spoke with Alex. there was no tracking number. He was to work until 6 PM and would call back with the number. No call back.

Received another email stating. jewelry evaluated, a check has been mailed.

I responded to that email and questions@Cash4Gold explaining, if I did receive the check, I would report to BBB and possibly the media. Received an email from Scott H, Escalations Manager, the a replacement check was issued Apr 12. The email is generated to advise the check is on the way. He gave the date Apr 16 when the check was sent via UPS and the tracking number. After checking the tracking, I still will not get the check until the end of the week, April 23. I emailed in return that this should have been expedited based on the initial date received in February. In response to this Scott tells me that is how the check can be tracked. It can be tracked in delivery less than three days with another delivery company.

I have learned my lesson. I thought about getting my jewelry back. I don't think I would get it back. Now my concern, is the check going to go through? The advertisement is not true. Looking at other complaints, which I should have done first, they should not be in business. What can we do to make this happen? Perhaps I should wait to see if I get a check, Friday April 23.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2010

I sent Cash4Gold my gold 1 ring with diamonds, 9 necklaces, 2 charms. I called them every week after the 10-day waiting period. They kept on telling me that it has not come in yet so now I have no gold and no cash. My child went without a Christmas because they said they never received the package.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2009

I sent them a gold watch to estimate the value. I did not hear from them. So when I called them and asked about it, they said there were no precious metals in it. So I asked them to return it back to me. They said they would. I never received it. When I called back, they said they didn't have it anymore; it's been confiscated. They did not send my watch back and did not compensate me either. They're thieves.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2009

I, too, got ripped off by Cash4Gold. I sent them two gold rings, a watch, two bracelets and a necklace and only got $35.00 back. I sent the very same identical items to ThingsWeBuy.com and got $135.00 back. We certainly know who the thieves are.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2009

I sent my jewelry. Luckily, I used UPS and was able to track my package and they could not say they didn't receive it. I argued with several people before they would agree that they had my package. Then, I refused to accept that they would call me about my jewelry. I insisted they transfer me to who had my jewelry. She was able to describe my things. I demanded that they send my things back. She gave me a quote of $80 much less than all of my things are worth. She said some of my jewelry were 12 karat and some were gold-filled, no it is not. She is sending my things back UPS and I made her give me a tracking number.

If anyone else wants their jewelry back, I suggest you keep calling. I called every five minutes until I was satisfied. Don't let them tell you lies and say they will get back to you. Keep calling and say you will sue them. They have your things even if they say they haven't received them. Be persistent. I hope they get shut down soon.

Original review: March 16, 2009

I weighed and insured my package before shipping. Items included one 24 kt gold 1 gram ingot (they called it a 'charm') as well as several 18 kt pieces and one 21 kt bracelet. Items weighed in at 7.5 oz.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2009

I sent in 2 10k gold figero chains that i weighed and calculated the market value myself which came between $216.19 and $228.00. i asked for an appraisal for the items when they got there. they never called to give me an appraisal, they just sent me a check for $17.30. the paystub says 1 10k and 1 sterling. thats probably because white gold looks like silver. shows they did'nt apraise it, bs. i want my jewlery back or full value!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2009

WHAT I GOT:

Cash4Gold paid me a TOTAL of $138.74. The silver quarters worth $10 = Cash4Gold paid me ONLY $3.16. I would have gotten more value if I dropped those silver coins in a vending machine to buy junk food. This is an OUTRAGE! WHAT I SENT: 1 0.39 cts marquis-cut diamond ring (my engagement ring) 1 gold wedding band with little diamonds (my husband's) 1 gold bracelet 7 gold earrings 1 white gold earring with little diamonds 2 gold pendants 1 gold ring 40 silver quarters ($10) I was fooled by Cash4Gold. Enticed by their tv commercials, unemployed and needed cash to buy gifts for my family for Christmas '08, I shipped my gold jewelry and silver quarters to Cash4Gold. Lured with FAST CASH option ($4.99 fee) where $ would be wire transferred to my checking account, I signed the fast cash form. There was a CATCH: choosing FAST CASH voided the 10 day return policy meaning I would get stuck to whatever amount they would give me. HUGE MISTAKE!!!
    Original review: Feb. 9, 2009

For years I have seen the Cash4Gold ads on tv and I listened to the testimonials of the customers - I'm not even sure they really ARE customers and not paid actors - so I decided to send for a kit. I received it in the mail in November 2008 and LOADED the envelope with numerous items of jewelry and mailed the envelope as instructed. It is now three months later, February 2009, and I have heard and received NOTHING from these people.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2009

its been almost 2 weeks havent got no reply on my jewelry or no check.they say they did not recieve my package . I BELIEVE Ive been riped off.

Cash4Gold.com Company Information