3.9/5 (119 ratings)

About Bonobos

Bonobos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?

Original review: July 28, 2021

I bought about 10 items in different sizes figuring I would return the ones that didn't fit (they give you free return shipping), and Bonobos only refunded 2 out of the 4 I returned. ALSO, there was an item that was out of stock, and I got an email saying it will be canceled and refunded. I just checked my credit card and they never refunded the item that they didn't have stock of. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR CHARGES AND RETURNS. I love their stuff but I expect more from a company that focuses on online retail.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I am an old customer of Bonobos, since 2013 been wearing their clothes. I made purchase of 7 polo shirts 2 weeks back from Boston store. When I received the parcel, I without checking them put them in my bag, as I was travelling out of USA. When I reached back, open them, I was very, very disappointed with the quality of T Shirts. Very disappointed. I hope bonobos will improve its quality.

Imran **

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2021

We bought a suit a week before it was needed. We spend more than an hour at the store fitting and selecting the suit. We made the order and paid for expedited delivery. Little did we know that the store actually has no information about whether or not the items are available! A day before the deliver, we receive an emailing notifying us that the pants ordered was cancelled -- they do not actually have the pants for the suit we bought! DO not order from this store if you actually need an item by a certain date. They have no information on whether items exist in their storage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I received an email: "We believe an unauthorized third party may have been able to view some of your account details, including your contact information and encrypted password." Totally unacceptable. It's 2020 and online shopping has been around for 10+ years. In 2019, you claimed my order would be protected. Now my information has been exposed a year later...Any company as large as yours should be able to invest necessary funds to prevent this.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I ordered 2 pairs of dress jeans for a trip that was 16 days out. I immediately received an email stating they had received my order and would update me once the items were "out the door". After a week with no updates, I contacted customer service for an update and was informed my shipment was "estimated" to be shipped in another 5 days. I ordered items from three other websites on the same day for the same trip and received all of those orders within 7 days. All I received from Bonobos was excuses. I do give them great marks for the immediate cancellation of my order and will update on the amount of time it takes to receive my refund. Do NOT order from Bonobos if your order is time-sensitive and when I say time-sensitive, I mean within 2 weeks.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Hello, I have struggled for years to find a pant fit that fits my husband. He played sports all his life and as a result his thighs were bigger than usual. I have tried Athletic Fit for Stretched Washed Chinos and Travel Jeans and Weekday Warrior Dress pants - and now we are loyal customers!!! It fits perfectly his his thighs! The quality is amazing! The look is sophisticated and chic!!!! We will move on to trying other products like dress shirts and summer outfits! But now this is his designer of pants!!! My husband is 38 in waist and 32 length. I got him an Athletic fit and it was perfect! True to the size!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Their website for international orders added over $40 in hidden charges which only appeared after payment page. Contacted customer service (5 days for a reply) who was completely unhelpful. Terrible.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I went to a Bonobos guide shop for sizing and to check some of their items. The salesman told me I would get a 20% discount on my first order placed. I put three polo shirts into my shopping cart, and when I entered the first-time buyer discount code, I received no discount. I asked Bonobos customer service about this and they said that the discount only works for unbundled orders, and because I had bundled the three polos, there would be no discount. They further told me that I could apply the discount to a single polo instead of buying the bundle. A single polo shirt with a 20% discount costs $54.40, which is more than what bundled polo shirts cost ($48 each). So the "discount" code is actually a markup.

The options presented to me were -- make a regular bundled order with no discount, or make a "discounted" single order at a 13% markup.... Sounds like a great deal for the first-time buyer, doesn't it? Don't be fooled, folks. Bonobos makes a nice 20% offer to get you to their website -- just don't expect that they'll actually honor their offer.

Original review: April 29, 2019

The first time we bought your shirts my partner found them of really good quality, so asked me to buy more of them. However, the service in Seattle has been completely horrible! The guy in the shop managed to order the wrong shirts to the wrong location! He entered all the details and submitted everything without confirming with me. I noticed the issue straight away and showed it to them. I gave the correct details (they were having network connection problems as well) and left as it was taking them ages to do anything and was reassured (he said "100%") that they will be able to fix it.

I got an e-mail later on that evening that they did not manage to fix the issue. So I had to pick up the wrong shirts from the wrong location only to go directly to the airport and have to pay for international shipping as I was returning them from the UK. I have a confirmation noting that the shirts were delivered to Bonobos Returns on the 19th April (now it is 29th), but I still have not received neither any confirmation nor my money back. Honestly, this is the worst service I can remember in my life.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I went to a Bonobos guide shop to try on some of their clothing. I really liked the look, feel, and especially the cut of the chinos and the shirts. I say that they had 3-6 shipping, and so I ordered. It took ten days for their clothes to get to me, meaning I ordered on a Friday, and they were scheduled to arrive on a Monday a week later. To me, this is just way too long for an online purchase. When I buy things from England, they take this long. No reason for my order to take so long. I think I will send them back, or else just not buy from them anymore. Be prepared to wait forever for your clothes. It looks like they don't do business on weekends either. They clothes weren't even shipped out until Monday. Overall, the clothes are decent, but pricey; however, their customer service isn't a match for their price.

Bonobos Company Information