3.9/5 (152 ratings)

About Bonobos

Bonobos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I placed a $300 order on 12/2 for the majority of my bf's Xmas gifts, which is 22 days before Xmas! You would think that's plenty of time to get my order on time. It was shipped on 12/16 with a notification that it could take 10-11 business days from that point on. It's 12/21 today, so I figured I should check the FedEx tracking info, but there are no further updates from FedEx since the order was placed on 12/16. I contact support and receive an automated response saying that not only are they so busy with messages from frustrated customers that they probably won't even be able to reply to me. They promise that every order placed before 12/13 is automatically updated to faster shipping, but that doesn't seem to be the case since my 12/2 order has an ETA of 10-11 business days.

Now, I basically have to hope and pray these items arrive on time, and perhaps even drag my butt over to the mall during the new surge of Omicron to make sure my boyfriend has something to unwrap on Xmas morning. This is all very disappointing! Bonobos is not cheap! I created this account simply to leave this review and vent about this. I placed my order many weeks before Xmas. I bet many people will not receive their orders in time for the holidays. This is so disorganized and irresponsible. For for such a bougie company, they can't invest in hiring enough employees during the holidays? Are they too cheap to do that while they charge all this money for their pretentious hipster golf clothes? Bonobos needs to figure out a way to make it up to their customers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I purchased a pair of pants for my partner 9/29. A few weeks went by and I called the 800 number. No one picked up and the suggestions were an email or a live chat. I sent an email inquiry with all the pertinent information. A few more weeks passed, with no reply, no emails in any folders. I finally reached out to live chat which was painfully slow, it almost seemed like the person was managing many live chats at once. They told me that I should have received an email in one of my other folders, but I did not and rechecked after that suggestion. Super frustrated with the lack of help but I can't get mad an overtaxed customer service rep. Years ago this company used to be good, now it's riddled with shipping delays and terrible customer service. Their position was "it's not us, it's you, you need to check your email, you missed it." We'll take no measures to make it right.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

As a long time Bonobos customer it's disappointing to write that this isn't the company it used to be. Shipping delays are horrific and customer service next to nonexistent. I would no longer order anything from them and would advise anyone to get ready for potential long delays. There is no longer customer service numbers only online chats with uniformed telephone persons. It's really tragic since I have bought so much from them and generally love their offerings. No longer a customer. Sad

Original review: July 28, 2021

I bought about 10 items in different sizes figuring I would return the ones that didn't fit (they give you free return shipping), and Bonobos only refunded 2 out of the 4 I returned. ALSO, there was an item that was out of stock, and I got an email saying it will be canceled and refunded. I just checked my credit card and they never refunded the item that they didn't have stock of. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR CHARGES AND RETURNS. I love their stuff but I expect more from a company that focuses on online retail.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I am an old customer of Bonobos, since 2013 been wearing their clothes. I made purchase of 7 polo shirts 2 weeks back from Boston store. When I received the parcel, I without checking them put them in my bag, as I was travelling out of USA. When I reached back, open them, I was very, very disappointed with the quality of T Shirts. Very disappointed. I hope bonobos will improve its quality.

Imran **

Original review: May 25, 2021

We bought a suit a week before it was needed. We spend more than an hour at the store fitting and selecting the suit. We made the order and paid for expedited delivery. Little did we know that the store actually has no information about whether or not the items are available! A day before the deliver, we receive an emailing notifying us that the pants ordered was cancelled -- they do not actually have the pants for the suit we bought! DO not order from this store if you actually need an item by a certain date. They have no information on whether items exist in their storage.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I received an email: "We believe an unauthorized third party may have been able to view some of your account details, including your contact information and encrypted password." Totally unacceptable. It's 2020 and online shopping has been around for 10+ years. In 2019, you claimed my order would be protected. Now my information has been exposed a year later...Any company as large as yours should be able to invest necessary funds to prevent this.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I ordered 2 pairs of dress jeans for a trip that was 16 days out. I immediately received an email stating they had received my order and would update me once the items were "out the door". After a week with no updates, I contacted customer service for an update and was informed my shipment was "estimated" to be shipped in another 5 days. I ordered items from three other websites on the same day for the same trip and received all of those orders within 7 days. All I received from Bonobos was excuses. I do give them great marks for the immediate cancellation of my order and will update on the amount of time it takes to receive my refund. Do NOT order from Bonobos if your order is time-sensitive and when I say time-sensitive, I mean within 2 weeks.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Hello, I have struggled for years to find a pant fit that fits my husband. He played sports all his life and as a result his thighs were bigger than usual. I have tried Athletic Fit for Stretched Washed Chinos and Travel Jeans and Weekday Warrior Dress pants - and now we are loyal customers!!! It fits perfectly his his thighs! The quality is amazing! The look is sophisticated and chic!!!! We will move on to trying other products like dress shirts and summer outfits! But now this is his designer of pants!!! My husband is 38 in waist and 32 length. I got him an Athletic fit and it was perfect! True to the size!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Their website for international orders added over $40 in hidden charges which only appeared after payment page. Contacted customer service (5 days for a reply) who was completely unhelpful. Terrible.

Bonobos Company Information