3.7/5 (135 ratings)

About Bonobos

Bonobos Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bonobos?

Original review: June 20, 2022

Horrible company! Wasted three months of my time on two orders that eventually got cancelled from their end. Never received ONE product. I felt they thought I was lucky to get refunded. Don’t rest easy once you’ve received a confirmation email. They will charge you and you’ll sit for a month waiting only to receive an email refunding you.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Read the most recent reviews, they echo my sentiments. Bonobos was a fantastic company with excellent service until about 2018. Since then it’s gone from bad to worse. Delivery dates change randomly, email support will not respond, and the advertiser online chat function is never available. Bonobos has hundreds of dollars of my money, and I have no confidence I will ever get my clothes, and no option to cancel the order and get a refund. The other reviews from the last two years tell very similar stories. This company has stopped providing service or, indeed, sales. Please do not make the same mistake we’ve all made here.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I will start by saying my fiancé loves Bonobos clothing and especially the specialty sizing options. For that reason, it was never a question that he wanted to order his wedding tux there. He started shopping a year in advance, but no matching pant/jacket combos were available in the sizes he needed. Thinking we had plenty of time, he signed up for the product waitlist. Fast forward to just three months before the wedding, and not only do we still not have a matching jacket and pants, but he has had over three orders canceled after getting a notification it was in stock on the waitlist.

He has a long conversation going with customer service, and they even admitted it's not a "supply chain issue" (we tried to give them the benefit of the doubt), but in fact an issue on their end with people in the warehouse. They are doing absolutely nothing to remedy the issue, and we're starting to panic about having a tux in time for the wedding. It seems someone else on here had a similar experience. Do not trust them if you are depending on having an item for an important occasion.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Ordered an entire line of clothes. Nothing fit and returned it all. I ordered and second time and they delayed and delayed it until I just gave up and canceled altogether. This company sucks. It used to be good. Not anymore.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I can't recommend enough that you stay away from Bonobos. I went into a guide shop to get fitted and ended up ordering my wedding suit from them. I received the suit jacket in a timely fashion and was told the pants would arrive shortly thereafter. After going back and forth with their customer service team I was informed the pants were never in stock to begin with - so I was sold a product that they never even had. There are plenty of other brands out there and I'd recommend looking elsewhere to avoid the headache this place brings on. One of the worst customer experiences I've ever had.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Purchased an item on sale along with several other regular-priced items. Sale item was clearly mislabeled and more than one size smaller than the label indicated. This was obviously an error by the manufacturer. Because it was a sale item, they will take it back and or send the correct size. They will not even acknowledge or reply to several requests by phone and submission to customer service.

Don’t waste money on sale items, they must be dumping bad inventory. Until this happened I would have considered purchasing again. I only had two experiences and spent over $900… can’t further support a company that has no consideration to make things right. If I just didn’t like them, that would have been on me and would be fine with having to keep them, but these are clearly not the correct size as ordered. The other 5 pairs purchased were labeled the same size and fit just fine.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I placed a $300 order on 12/2 for the majority of my bf's Xmas gifts, which is 22 days before Xmas! You would think that's plenty of time to get my order on time. It was shipped on 12/16 with a notification that it could take 10-11 business days from that point on. It's 12/21 today, so I figured I should check the FedEx tracking info, but there are no further updates from FedEx since the order was placed on 12/16. I contact support and receive an automated response saying that not only are they so busy with messages from frustrated customers that they probably won't even be able to reply to me. They promise that every order placed before 12/13 is automatically updated to faster shipping, but that doesn't seem to be the case since my 12/2 order has an ETA of 10-11 business days.

Now, I basically have to hope and pray these items arrive on time, and perhaps even drag my butt over to the mall during the new surge of Omicron to make sure my boyfriend has something to unwrap on Xmas morning. This is all very disappointing! Bonobos is not cheap! I created this account simply to leave this review and vent about this. I placed my order many weeks before Xmas. I bet many people will not receive their orders in time for the holidays. This is so disorganized and irresponsible. For for such a bougie company, they can't invest in hiring enough employees during the holidays? Are they too cheap to do that while they charge all this money for their pretentious hipster golf clothes? Bonobos needs to figure out a way to make it up to their customers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I purchased a pair of pants for my partner 9/29. A few weeks went by and I called the 800 number. No one picked up and the suggestions were an email or a live chat. I sent an email inquiry with all the pertinent information. A few more weeks passed, with no reply, no emails in any folders. I finally reached out to live chat which was painfully slow, it almost seemed like the person was managing many live chats at once. They told me that I should have received an email in one of my other folders, but I did not and rechecked after that suggestion. Super frustrated with the lack of help but I can't get mad an overtaxed customer service rep. Years ago this company used to be good, now it's riddled with shipping delays and terrible customer service. Their position was "it's not us, it's you, you need to check your email, you missed it." We'll take no measures to make it right.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

As a long time Bonobos customer it's disappointing to write that this isn't the company it used to be. Shipping delays are horrific and customer service next to nonexistent. I would no longer order anything from them and would advise anyone to get ready for potential long delays. There is no longer customer service numbers only online chats with uniformed telephone persons. It's really tragic since I have bought so much from them and generally love their offerings. No longer a customer. Sad

Original review: July 28, 2021

I bought about 10 items in different sizes figuring I would return the ones that didn't fit (they give you free return shipping), and Bonobos only refunded 2 out of the 4 I returned. ALSO, there was an item that was out of stock, and I got an email saying it will be canceled and refunded. I just checked my credit card and they never refunded the item that they didn't have stock of. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR CHARGES AND RETURNS. I love their stuff but I expect more from a company that focuses on online retail.

Bonobos Company Information