4.2/5 (18 ratings)

About Prudent Pet Insurance

Prudent Pet believes all pets should enjoy good health while receiving the best veterinary care. The company provides a personal approach to accidents and illness as well as wellness care plans for dogs and cats. All of its agents have a background in veterinary care and can help answer your insurance questions. The company has budget-friendly plans and uses AI-powered claims technology for fast claim reimbursement. With no in-network requirements, you can keep your local veterinarian.

Pros

• 10% discount for adding a second pet
  • Visit any licensed vet you want
  • Covers pets of all ages and breeds

Cons

• Doesn’t cover preexisting conditions

Bottom Line

Prudent Pet Insurance is an online pet insurance company that has two highly customizable policies for cats and dogs and optional add-on coverage.

Prudent Pet Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudent Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudent Pet Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Love this company. They are understanding and swift with coverage and it's very easy to file a claim. They work with you. I have not had any issues with getting payment. The whole process is really easy. They walk you through if you have questions.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I have a Frenchie that has epilepsy. Prudent Pet Insurance has been very helpful and has excellent customer service! I would recommend them to anyone. Very reasonable in pricing. I have a peace knowing that I don't have to fight with the insurance during stressful times.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

The Prudent pet insurance are accurate in assisting you and helping you file your claim. They help you every way possible to answer your questions and help you file your claim correctly. They are very prompt in responding to your needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

No fuss no muss. Fill out the online claim form, submit and within a few days your paid. Wala

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I would really like to renew my ESA status for my two dogs, however, the pricing is too high for me. I will renew if there is something you can do to help me afford it, even if it's payments. Thank you for your time,

Lauri

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

In just 2 years, my premium went up MORE THAN the original cost for it! The excuse last year was that I was given an extra low policy for the first year, BUT, it won't increase as much subsequently...WRONG...it increase more. So the rep wants to lessen the policy and increase the deductible. Why do I need insurance then. I'd be paying like the first $1400 before you pick up part. Very disturbing and disappointed. I'm shopping around.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I have spent a fortune on vet bills in the past, as my last dog battled cancer. We got Prudent Pet Insurance for our new dog, and I am so thankful! I've already saved money on vet bills. Highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We enrolled our mastiff puppy a year ago and thank goodness we did. Unfortunately our puppy has bad allergies and also a bad habit of eating things he shouldn't so we visit the vet more than we'd like. Prudent Pet has a super simple way to submit invoices. I just upload the invoice from my phone on the way home from the vet, and then I'm reimbursed in days. The coverage is great, no hidden surprises. Website is very user friendly.

Prudent Pet Insurance Company Information