This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Prudent Pet believes all pets should enjoy good health while receiving the best veterinary care. They provide a personal approach to accidents, illness, and preventive care plans for dogs and cats. All of their friendly agents have a background in veterinary care and can help answer your insurance questions. Their flat 14-day waiting period, budget-friendly plans, and quick claims process were crafted to make your life easier. With no in-network requirements, you can even keep your local veterinarian. Let them concentrate on keeping your pet care costs down, so you can focus on making memories with your pet.
Prudent Pet Insurance is an online pet insurance company that has two highly customizable policies for cats and dogs and optional add-on coverage.
- 10% discount for adding a second pet
- Visit any licensed vet you want
- Covers pets of all ages and breeds
- Doesn’t cover preexisting conditions
How does Prudent Pet Insurance work?
Prudent Pet Insurance offers custom insurance coverage for your dog or cat that covers up to 90% of veterinary costs. Customers pay a monthly fee for coverage that works with any licensed veterinarian. If you’re interested in signing up for a Prudent Pet Insurance policy, visit its website and provide your pet's name, breed, age and sex to get an accurate idea of how much your policy costs.
With Prudent Pet, pet owners choose their reimbursement percentage, annual limit and deductible when signing up for a policy.
If you have to take your pet to the veterinarian, you can easily submit a claim by sending your vet receipt along with Prudent Pet’s claim form by email, fax or the company’s online pet portal. Prudent Pet reimburses policyholders by check or direct deposit.
Prudent Pet Insurance plans
Prudent Pet Insurance has two plans and optional coverage add-ons. The two core plans are:
- Accident and illness coverage
- Accident-only coverage
Coverage officially begins 14 days after you sign up for a Prudent Pet Insurance policy. However, neither of Prudent Pet’s plans covers cosmetic changes, preexisting conditions or costs related to breeding or pregnancy.
For comprehensive care, you can sign up for Prudent Pet’s preventive add-on coverage, which gives you complete care options regardless of whether you’ve met your deductible. Preventive add-on coverage comes in two levels.
- Basic, which includes seven preventive benefits like dental cleaning, deworming and wellness exams
- Prime has 12 preventive benefits that include everything from the basic plan plus urinalysis, blood testing and flea and heartworm prevention
How much does Prudent Pet Insurance cost?
Prudent Pet Insurance has multiple plans you can customize based on your budget and your pet’s needs. The cost of Prudent Pet Insurance varies based on your pet's age and what breed of dog or cat you have. We used a 3-year-old Australian shepherd mix named Mosby to get an idea of the monthly cost for Prudent Pet’s insurance:
- Accident and Illness plan: With a deductible of $250, a $10,000 coverage limit and 90% reimbursement, Mosby's policy costs $57.68 a month. This plan covers accidents, illnesses, behavioral issues and hereditary and congenital conditions.
- Accident-only plan: With 90% reimbursement, a $250 deductible and a $10,000 coverage limit, Mosby's AccidentOnly policy would cost $28.19 per month. This plan only covers injuries resulting from accidents that occur after you enroll.
Preventive add-ons for a Prudent Pet Insurance policy cost an extra $9.95 a month for the Basic level or an extra $24.95 a month for the Prime level.
Prudent Pet Insurance FAQ
- What does Prudent Pet Insurance cover?
- Prudent Pet Insurance has two plans that cover either accidents only or accidents and illnesses.
- Can I keep my vet with Prudent Pet Insurance?
- Yes, you can use Prudent Pet Insurance’s coverage at any licensed veterinarian’s office.
- Does Prudent Pet Insurance pay the vet directly?
- No, Prudent Pet Insurance doesn't pay the vet directly. After you take your pet to the veterinarian, you send Prudent Pet Insurance a copy of your receipts from the visit along with one of the company's claim forms. Prudent Pet then sends you a reimbursement check or directly deposits the funds into your bank account.
- What is not covered by Prudent Pet Insurance?
- Prudent Pet Insurance doesn’t cover preexisting conditions, cosmetic changes or costs related to breeding or pregnancy.
Is Prudent Pet Insurance good?
Prudent Pet Insurance’s plans are easy to personalize and budget-friendly. The company’s coverage is a great option for dog and cat owners with pets of any age or breed that visit the vet’s office more often than a few times a year. Its 10% discount for a second pet makes Prudent Pet Insurance ideal for owners of multiple pets, and many people appreciate the ability to customize their plans.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Prudent Pet Insurance Company Information
- Company Name:
- Prudent Pet Insurance
- 5101 Darmstadt Rd
- Postal Code:
- United States