2. Pets

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now
Shop Now on Chewy

Nutro Cat Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutro Cat Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutro Cat Foods?

Original review: March 2, 2019

I adopted my cat from the Humane Society when he was 7 months old. When I first brought him home I noticed his breath was bad. I started him on dry food right away. As time passed I never noticed much change in his breath problem. Then one day I received a coupon in the mail for Nutro cat food so on my next trip to Walmart I bought a bag. The results have been amazing. After eating the Nutro for almost a year now my cat has blossomed into a very handsome fellow. His breath is not stinky anymore, his fur is like silk and he is one happy healthy boy. Thank you, Nutro.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I free feed dry food for both my personal cats and my fosters. I offer them three brands of cat food and the Nutro bowl is definitely the most popular. I have not experienced loose stools or vomiting with the Nutro Indoor adult cat food. I've been using it for about one year now. Thanks Nutro.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I fed NUTRO to my big old Maine Coon cat... Such a boy! He threw it up! I tried adding a half amount to his old food... He selected and ate only the "other" brand; leaving the NUTRO in his bowl! Then I tried just leaving the NUTRO in his bowl. He refused to eat! After 24 hours I gave up! Called NUTRO to complain about this bag of food. They gladly sent me a coupon for another bag of NUTRO! (I understand that once in a while... a bag of cat food might go bad due to weather, transporting problems, etc.). So I received the coupon in mid January 2019. I tucked in my purse and when the other brand was almost gone last Friday (02/15/2019) I went into a store to use the FREE BAG OF NUTRO! Coupon. It expired 01/31/2019!!! Man, was my face RED when the clerk wouldn't accept this EXPIRED COUPON!!! Who'd a thought this would be a two week Use it! or Lose it! Coupon???

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I bought this because it was on sale and is the same flavor as the brand my cat was eating. The bag has a strange smell that I think carried over into the food. My cat would not eat it, and was eating a quarter of her normal amount of kibble. It was like putting her on a severe diet, which my vet says can be really bad for cats. After four days I went back to her normal brand and am going to donate what is left of this.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My cat's fur looks & feels like Velvet. She is very healthy! I contend that this highest quality food (Nutro Cat & Kitten dry food) is the reason she is so healthy and happy. The expense is worth every penny. I believe it is an investment for her health as she gets older.

Original review: June 23, 2018

The cats like Nutro Indoor. They also seem to have less solid stool that is not runny as happens with some other brands. Their breath also smells better than with some of the other brands.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

So I bought this cat food as a spur of the moment choice. I needed another bag of cat food, and I was trying to find something that I could buy at either my local grocery store or target vs PetSmart, which is where I was buying my food previously. So I was sitting in my local grocery store looking at all the cat food choices (which basically amounted to Purina and Iams and I refuse to feed my cat either of those) and I saw the Nutro Cat food section. I didn't have my phone, so I couldn't do any research on it, and ended up just buying it spur of the moment. It was about the same price as Science Diet (which was what I was feeding my cat before) but I wouldn't have to make a special trip just to get it. It also had normal shaped bits, which some food have the weird shapes and my cat chokes on those and it's not good.

Anyways I get it home and my cat would not leave it alone. I had already fed her that day but she was rather insistent and annoying about it so I gave her half a scoop of it and she devoured it and she's devoured it every time I've fed her ever since. Since I've bought it I've had time to do research on it and I like what I see. It has good meats and good grains in it and I've seen very very few times where it seems like switching the cat to the food has brought on adverse side effects. My cat certainly hasn't had any. All in all I will continue to buy Nutro and recommend it to anyone who asks me about it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I tried the Nutro brand of canned cat food because my cats were getting sick of Natural Balance. After 2 cans each over 2 days they all had diarrhea and my 16 lb cat named Stinky developed pancreatitis. She is now at the vet's office getting IV meds. It is very bad and as of today they don't know for sure if she will be OK. I should have read more about your products because I see I'm not the only person who has experienced severe illness in their pets from your product. Obviously you could care less that you are selling a bowl full of death. I plan to review your awful food everywhere I can to prevent others from this issue as it is also obvious you do not care about your customers.

Nutro Cat Foods Company Information