2. Pets

Save 30% on your first autoship

Shop your favorite brands on Chewy.com

Shop now

Hills Cat Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hills Cat Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hills Cat Food?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I have raised cats on Hills food for 65 years and was totally happy with the product and had several cats live into their 20s. Several months ago the formula was changed from adults to the above. I found not only did my cats seem to like it less but their coats started to lose luster and shed. (I have 7 rescue cats) Lakata a 4 year old Maine Coon X was said to be over weight so vet put her on Metabolic for weight loss. She lost 500 grams in about 14 months. After a few months on this food she started to have very dry skin and dandruff, also drinks way more water than she ever did. Had her tested for allergies none.

When I called New Zealand Office to inquire what had changed I was told they had no idea period. Asked could they find. Was told NO that would be up to me. Called Australian office, met with equal lack of courtesy and knowledge. Pretty much said one thing had changed and the packing that was all and if I was that concerned about the cats perhaps I should go with the flow or change to another food. Good luck finding a better one. Still using product but have concerns for future health of cats 2 years up to 15 years. I think Hills should be more open about the changes. Have yet to find another food my cats will eat. Only other food they have is fresh veal once a day. No people food. Am off to vet this afternoon to see why my 3 year old is developing patches of black heads under her chin and if it is associated with the food. They did not start until a few weeks after the change. Paulette **.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My 15-year-old cat was diagnosed with thyroid disease and Hill's Y/d food was recommended as a conservative alternative to medication. She would have to be on this food for her lifetime. My cat loved the food, and her thyroid readings were back to normal within a week. HOWEVER, a few months later, she was vomiting a lot, sometimes 2-3 times a day, and missing her litter box or pooping on the floor of another room. She had never done this before. NOTHING in her routine had changed. I took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with KIDNEY FAILURE. She was severely dehydrated as well, and she had stopped eating and drinking and was very lethargic, so we tried to keep her as comfortable as possible, but for cats, this is always a death sentence. Less than two weeks later, I had to put her to sleep, three days short of her 16th birthday.

I see that Hill's doesn't have very good reviews, and some are very similar to mine. While I have no proof that this brand was instrumental in her sudden decline, I find it very disturbing that an otherwise healthy cat who initially responded very favorably to the diet should suddenly be dying. Currently, I have a 4-year-old cat who was diagnosed with possible bladder stones. The vet recommended several prescription brands, but you can be sure I didn't select Hill's. When I googled "hill's thyroid cat food causes kidney failure", I found an article by one of Hills' own veterinarians -- not exactly objective, right? I'm worried that the brand I chose for my cat now may also cause long-term damage. It seems that, like human medications, pet meds and prescription foods also contraindicate to the point of fatality. Look at all the class-action lawsuits, most recently, Zantac. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I have been buying this brand for over 15 years. I have never had any issues, other than the K/D wet food consistency could be better as my 23 year old cat at the time was not a fan of it unless I mixed it with the K/D kibble as well. Going back though, my sweet old cat lived to be 23 years old. I loved this food as it added on years to his life, I was surprised to get, as his kidneys started to fail due to his age at 20. My old timer also ate this food with only the wet food issue as stated above, although he did like the veggie stew flavor a lot in the wet food and would eat that one regardless. That one being veggie stew though was hard to find though. My vet would have to order more in for me. So it was normally the chicken wet K/D he needed kibble mixed into as it's a paste.

I have another older cat who is 18 and he has been on the 11+ food since I got him when he was 12 from a shelter. It's amazing what it did for his hair and coat. When I first got him he felt like an old towel. His coat got so soft and shiny after this food and remains so. He is also very healthy for his age and has no health issues. I have a kitten. Well almost 1 year old cat now, too. He is also on this brand. I feed him the kitten stage and was just researching the adult brand to switch him to and saw these reviews and honestly was shocked at some.

I understand some have had issues, but some appear to be unrelated. Also, obviously if you find something in your pet food that doesn't look like it belongs in there don't feed it to your pets, common sense. (I personally have never found any quality or product issues with this brand. It is very consistent.) I always see a lot of back and forth regarding Hill's. The price is also quite a lot. I always research any food changes and Hills always comes out on top. Also every veterinarian has recommended them to me, with good reason. They are a good and reputable company and brand! I'm also no vet, so I won't pretend to be someone that knows much about cat food other than what I can read online and try to sort through... just 'cause it's online doesn't make it true.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

My cat had a seizure after taking a few bites of wet food about a month ago. I had never seen him have one before. I am not sure if it was Hills KD for sure because I also have a cat who eats the CD canned Hills food. I was so worried about him that I did not check the food since I did not think that the food would have caused a seizure so quickly. I have been feeding him a low protein food since then but bought a can of Hills KD pate today from my vet. Phantom took 3 bites and again started to seize and lost his bowel control. He is now sleeping quietly.

I cannot say 100% that it was KD that he ate the first time but the incident of 3 bites and seizing suggests that the food caused the seizure. That means what ever is in it was rapidly absorbed through the mucus tissue of the mouth which is scary. I will be contacting Hills concerning this and posting on FB to ask if anyone else has had a similar problem. I am never using Hills again for any of my cats.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

My 8-year-old Ginger cat was overweighted, however, the annual blood test and half-year check were fine for the past 7 years. Then local vet recommended Hills Metabolic cat food Weight management for him to lose some weight. After ten months, he lost 2 kg and weak on joints. Now the vet diagnosed Diabetic on him from the extremely high Blood Glouces Level. I understand that it might be an individual case depend on cats but please consider before you feed your cats.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Today I took my cat in to the vet to get his nails clipped like I do every 6 weeks and before leaving saw some cans of Hill's k/d near checkout I hadn't noticed before. I asked about cost for a can or two just to let my big boy kitty possibly try some because he likes to have new tastes here and there. I ended up buying a large can of the kidney care (k/d) wet food and also a small can of the Digestive Care (i/d) wet food as well. I opened the large can of kidney care about a half hour ago to feed my kitty and to my surprise saw this off-whitish small glob right on top of the wet food which I have to say looks like a loogie of spit which is completely disgusting. I immediately tried to reach my vet's office where I bought these cans today to ask if this is normal to expect on the food but they close early Saturday and I just missed them.

Then I thought I should look online to see if anyone else has posted any other information similar to my situation or if Hills website offers any insight to what this "thing" is sitting right in the middle of what was supposed to be kitty's lunch but found nothing regarding this issue. Now what I did see was many many many other types of serious issues addressed by pet owners regarding declining health or rapid sickness which sound like are due to this Hill's Brand Dog and Cat Food (wet and dry food). These reviews are very serious issues that I feel no pet owner should have to be dealing with as well as no pets of course.

Most importantly these issues shouldn't be caused by any pet food company regardless especially one like Hill's which states they use quality safe ingredients that apparently help various health concerns when it clearly does the opposite, hurting many innocent pets who are just trying to eat a good healthy meal or in my case can't even try the food because it has some nasty glob pressed into the wet food which is God knows what. All these "top notch" claims by the company as well as vet's offices nationwide support of sales seem like nothing more than false advertising or uneducated belief of this being as great as it states... Because if these heartfelt sincere stories I have read on this review thread here today were read by those who make and distribute/sell these items then maybe it would force this company to stop making food that makes animals so sick, even to the point of killing them!

All it should take is the entities whom support this company really stop and read or for God's sake listen to the various stories just right here regarding this brand of food and its correlations to many dogs and cats health issues after consumption, then I would like to think that would at least affect how much of these products are being sold by vets offices or pet stores at least until this company makes some serious changes that are of benefit to our pet's health instead of hurting them. I know this is a big hope I express but dang it, why is it ok for any pet food maker to mass produce God knows what that makes so many animals whom eat it very unhealthy or even die in some cases or have recalls left and right or let random things get into the food that shouldn't be in it whether it be what I found in my can today or the black glass type grounds found mixed up in another reviewers doggies food...

Why is this continuing without any progress to healthier standards or safer practices from all the consumer complaints or outreach? Hill's denies any issues repeatedly and only addresses the minimum when it has become a recall. Companies who choose to not listen to what their customers enjoy or immensely dislike and continue to make unappealing or bad goods will not stay in business very long. It shows already as many of your once customers have stopped purchasing any Hill's products and have instead found a much better food that doesn't cause sickness like the products by Hill's are causing. Those customers and now myself, a potential regular customer are now getting our pet's needs handled elsewhere or will be instead.

I personally don't want to take any chances with losing my kitty by feeding him something bad. I mean the first can I buy has something foreign on it that looks way nasty which is instead going to be fed to my garbage disposal. I really hope Hill's can turn this situation around instead of saying nothing is even a problem each time a pet parent contacts them to ask why their pet is say dying from the bad food they have eaten... And instead took each call with serious concern the way each should be. My heart goes out to all of those that reviewed and I also thank you for each one as well as each supplied some insight to why I should just dump both cans I purchased and to seek out a better brand for my buddy to eat. One more thing... If anyone else has seen the same cream colored thing on their cat's wet food upon opening can you tell me? Thank you in advance.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I took my cat in and vet suggested Hills Metabolic Dry Cat Food. He was required to have bloodwork beforehand. Bloodwork came back great. Two years later we had to him him euthanized for diabetes. He was fine before - I believe this cat food killed him. By the way, he was never fed table food. Nothing but Hills.

Original review: May 19, 2019

My male cat was put on this food 8-9 years ago after experiencing a severe blockage in his kidneys from crystals. He has not had a crystal problem, since. But, I have noticed he has lost weight every year when we take him to the vet for his annual wellness check. He is 12 years old. He also would vomit the food up at least once every other day. It was stain the white carpet with how heavy it was on coloring using their red dye.

I put both my cats on this food, my other cat will eat anything and I thought if it’s good like my vet said, "what’s the issue". Recently, my male cat who was originally prescribed this food, was throwing up more. Not so much hairballs, but just the food. He would throw up so hard he would make these very loud, almost scary noises. Then, just a few days ago he went and started hiding under the bed, he wouldn’t drink or eat. Had diarrhea. We took him to the emergency vet (mine was booked) and did blood work. He wasn’t having a bladder issue. Blood work was fine.

Vet mentioned that he should have a ultrasound done to rule out pancreatitis and possible enlarged lymph node in intestines. We talked about the food and I mentioned how he was throwing up a lot. I noticed another thing during this time. My other cat wouldn’t eat the food. The same scoop of food sat in the bowl for 5 days until I threw it out. Both cats never had issues eating this food until all of a sudden. I purchased a human grade cat food at a local pet store and today he ate his first dry food in 5 days. He also hasn’t thrown up in a week. He hasn’t had the food!!

I have read nothing but awful things about Hills Prescription diet, and I no longer trust the company after all the recent recalls, and deaths. I hope to see my cat get better day by day. Hope he gains some weight (I could see his ribs) and is happier being taken off this garbage. Look into Carna4, and Pure Vita, brand like them. They also make urinary type foods, too. Yes it’s a bit pricy but maybe $5 more than what you’re paying for the c/d anyway.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I realize that many other posters have had trouble with this prescription cat food, but my cat was prescribed it after having a bad bout of cystitis. He has never had it recur again and he loves the taste, and won't eat anything else. So my experience has been very positive.

Original review: April 4, 2019

My 6 year old cat developed a UTI, she had blood in her urine, no crystals, no blockage. So she was put on Hills S/O food. Within a few days she was vomiting it back up all yellow, I would find puddles of yellow corn like vomit everywhere. I finished the bag and switched her back to her other previous food and bam! All the vomiting stopped, as well as her peeing outside the box. I think this food is absolutely trash and money grabbing, it’s just like feeding your cat cheap food. I would honestly research alternative cat food if possible.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had a Persian male, rescued from outdoors, looked for an owner because 1) He was a Persian and 2) all 4 paws were declawed. When I brought him to a vet and had his health checked, the vet estimated his age to be about 2 years. I had him for 20 years! He did have a urinary tract issue, which is common in male cats, at which time I switched him to C/D and then he was fine. He was healthy happy and friendly all his long life.

I now have a Female Persian who is 13yo (not declawed) and has eaten nothing but Science Diet dry food, she doesn't eat much canned food or treats. She started on kitten, then went to the next age group Hairball control and now eats mature 7+ Hairball control. She's never had a problem. In fact, I recently brought her to a vet because she wasn't eating. She had blood tests, urinalysis, x-rays. All came back fantastic. Turns out she had a cold and her tiny Persian nose was was clogged so she couldn't smell anything. If cats can't smell it, they won't eat it. Antibiotic for the cold and she's back to being her self. I stumbled on this while looking for a new store to get my cat's food because the places I've been going to are closing down. I wrote this review because there were so many negative ones. I don't think people are getting both sides. I will only buy Science Diet, that's what I was looking for in the first place!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Started my cat on the dry food from November 2017 to June 2017. He lost so much weight, I could feel his ribs. He never had medical problems until he ate this food. Now I am dealing with kidney problems and thyroid problems. He will be on medication the rest of his life. Please, please do not use any of their products.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Due to my cat suffering from cystitis, the vet put him on a prescription diet (Hills Urinary Care C/D). I purchased a few boxes of the cat food from the vet and a few more online. Ever since giving my cat the prescribed wet food he didn't like eating it. I thought that he was fussy and only today due to working from home and the snowy weather (he usually goes to a toilet outside rather than using a litter tray) I realised that he had a serious diarrhea. That explains why he didn't want to eat this food in the first place - it was making him unwell. Vets should be warned about the dangers of this food on cats' health. I will be visiting the vet today to let them know, check the cat's health and find an alternative food.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I opened my can of wet Hills Science Diet kitten food, liver and chicken entree. Mixed in the food was this hard piece of something. I fished it out and rinsed it off. It looked like a piece of rubber or something organic about 1 inch by 1 inch, tubular in shape. Definitely a choking hazard. The lot code was W2050352 6600.

I'm glad I found it before my kitten did.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

My three cats (ages 1, 5 & 7) all eat Hills Prescription C/D Urinary Care cat food and are healthy, active and happy cats. Only one needs it, he had a urinary tract infection and the vet suggested this food. But the other two cats won’t eat the other food anymore (they love this stuff) so it's our only cat food now (both wet & dry).

Reading some of the complaints here they strike me as disingenuous, and incomplete. Since when does ANYONE switch a cat over to another food immediately? EVERYONE knows (or should know) cats are far more sensitive to switching foods than dogs (dogs eat anything). You MUST slowly introduce any new food over a period of a week or more and even then you expect (finickiness, stool issues, etc) some issues until they are used to it.

To those who said CD “killed” their cat - how old was the cat and (reading between the lines) it sounded like those cats were already pretty old or very sick, so how do you associate this food with your cat’s death? That is not a fair assumption to make, it’s not fair to us trying to research this feed or to the manufacturer either. Also, to the one who states cats don't eat vegetables, and so there should be none in cat food, PLEASE! The NUTRIENTS in vegetables are still suitable for cats to consume and utilize. Yes, cats don't on their own eat carrots, or peas, but there are nutritional components in them they can digest and need.

It always bothers me when reviews contain only half the story or written from an uninformed viewpoint. When reading anyone’s review of anything, ask yourself 1) does this sound complete 2) what critical details that may affect your decision are missing, 3) does this person seem to be frustrated and looking for someone or thing to blame? 4) ALWAYS REMEMBER unsatisfied customers leave more negative reviews than satisfied customers leave positive ones! And never take only one review too seriously, even this one. Do more homework!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I had 5 cats, one had cystitis so vet put him on CD feline prescription food. Gave it to all my cats. Caused runny poo in 3 of the 5. Was on autoship with Chewy.com. The cat that it was prescribed the food passed away before I could cancel the final food shipment. Opened that bag last week and I noticed my cats ate less and less daily. Two of my cats started vomiting with diarrhea this past week. The only change was the new food bag. Apparently it is tainted. Chewy will refund the money and was given a reference number and a telephone number to call M-F during business hours so I can speak with a Hills representative. Going back to the vet tomorrow since one of the two cats is still ill. Not a fan of this overpriced product!!!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We listened to our vet and put our cat on the C/D formula food after he had urinary tract infections and the vet told us he had crystals in his bladder. At first things seemed to go fine. We switched him and our other 2 cats over to the C/D food from our previous brand. We dealt with some MASSIVE hairballs and a little bit of throwing up of the food but we switched them directly over and didn't transition them due to worry about the one cat's health. We asked the vet about the hairballs and vomit and he said it can be normal when switching food.

Now, after they've been on the C/D food for a little over a month, the cat we got it for is completely not himself. He's lethargic, losing fur on his legs and toes constantly due to over grooming, he doesn't want to be touched or petted and seems to just stare off into space. We took him back to the vet who said it must be a "behavioral problem" due to the stress of us being in the middle of packing our house to move and prescribed him **. Here's the thing, this cat has been with us while we've packed up various room in our home to switch bedrooms and paint them, he's been with us through renovations, having contractors and loud noises in the home etc... and DONE JUST FINE! This move is NO DIFFERENT than those other times.

Tonight we decided to do a test and give him both the C/D food and our old cat food (we have secluded him away from the other pets thinking it would be more calming as well for him) he REFUSES to eat the C/D food and went to town on the old food like he was starving. He's already perked up and it's been less than a few hours! He was eating and I switched the bowls of food on him, he sniffed the food had changed and turned away from the C/D food. I think my poor baby has been starving himself and eating just enough to not die! We weighed him today and he's also lost a pound in a month! A POUND! For a small cat (he was 13 pounds) that's a HUGE weight loss.

I'm so upset at our vet and this horrible cat food. We won't be feeding it to them again. We have a $70 bag of food now that I refuse to feed our cats so that's a waste and we gave away 2 bags of our old food when we were told we could no longer feed it to them. We've also had multiple vet visits due to our worry about his change in behavior and the hair loss. All caused by this dang food, I'm sure!

I'm disappointed that our vet told us this would be good for him, didn't bother to weigh him at his appointment this week when we brought him in concerned about the hair loss and overall just wanted to explain away his problems as stress and behavioral issues. I've heard about this happening with people and their doctors but never with pets! I'm so sick and sad over the fact that we've been inadvertently starving our poor sweet boy! I wish I could make it up to him. In my opinion this is the worst waste of money you could possibly get for your sweet pets. DON'T DO IT TO THEM!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Both of my cats were put on Hills CD for crystals in their urine, one cat consistently vomits her dinner up a couple of times a week, the other has now been diagnosed with kidney and bladder stones, calcium in origin. Researching this food I have seen issues with the CD diet creating too acidic of an environment, which then creates calcium (kidney) stones, also all the corn products produce oxalates, also increasing the incidents of calcium stone formation. I do believe this food is garbage, evident in the dozens of dead flies I pick out of the bags. I have never purchased any animal food in all my life that literally has dozens of dead flies in it, I guess they can increase the protein content on the label now. Will not be purchasing any more Science diet brand foods anymore.

Original review: June 28, 2018

For many years I believed the commercial pet food companies and I killed all my pets. Then I did some in-depth research. After I finished crying, I started to feed my beloved friends differently. It was difficult and expensive yet worth it. You would not feed a human baby potato chips and other junk food. Do not do it to your pets, especially cats. Cats are obligate carnivores - peas, carrots, wheat, barley, etc. are useless. Cats eat grass to help them vomit hair and fur, and void bowel matter, not for nutrition. Vets sell this stuff for two reasons: 1. They make a bottom line profit; 2. The animals get sick and the vets get more business.

Cats and dogs need high quality protein, not soybeans, which they cannot digest, not ground chicken legs and beaks (chicken by products) not animal digest (Ground intestines) and certainly not all the artificial minerals and vitamins and preservatives, ad nauseum. Dry food had 'bound' protein - it is not easily available to the animal and therefore the animal eats too much in an attempt to feed its starving body - starving for protein and get far too much fat and carbs. Feed your pet the foods with which it evolved: raw meat. Yeah, just like what you were evolved to eat, only you can digest it when it is cooked.

Original review: June 27, 2018

My cat transitioned to Hill's ok, but he often won't finish it. Odor is awful to this human. Also, food variety is sparse. But it has seemed to help his urinary problems.

Original review: June 24, 2018

All 4 of our cats eat some version of Hills Science Diet prescription foods. We are very happy with the product and we believe the foods are helpful in keeping them healthy.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I feed my 8 year old Maine Coon Hills c/d kidney because he needs Special food. O'malley Cost us $2000 in doctor and surgical bills for sort of what I called kidney stones or granules/grit in his urinary tract. He loves his Hills c/d and I feed him wet and dry. We buy the food at PetSmart. He has lost some weight and recovered very well. Hills seems to be very good. I purchased Hills through my vet at first making it a bit more expensive, but now I have a prescription to go to PetSmart to get his food, Hills c/d Kidney. He was never a finicky cat and always ready to try a new brand, but now we only do Hills. It is what the Doctor ordered!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Hills Cat Food was recommended by our vet for our new kitten. I feel confident that the ingredients are of high quality and the taste is great for our kitten. Our kitten just gobbled it without questions either it’s a dry or wet food.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My cat had a blood test three month ago for regular routine check up, with BUN 71 and Creatinine 1.9. My vet suggested to change the food to Science Hills k/d and rechecked three months later only finding BUN to 169 and Creatinine to 6.9, getting worse. After treatment with daily fluids and change food to Royal Canin for about a week, the result of those two index still remained the same. So my vet suggested to put her away last Sat. I just cannot believe what went wrong, the only change we made was to change to Scientific Hills' k/d food. I am so upset about that. Hope this will help people when they want to change food for their beloved cat.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My cat went on Hills Science Diet c/d after having urinary tract infections that started in 2010 when I got her. She never had one when she was on the diet but if I went off they would come back. She would get bored with the wet food so finally I switched to Fancy Feast wet food and Hills c/d Dry food which she has been on for about 3 years with no issues. A few weeks ago I took her into the vet and she was diagnosed with an oral tumor which grew so quickly she needed to be put down yesterday. It's called Feline Squamous Cell Carcinoma. An oral cancer. She was 10 years old and an indoor cat that was well taken care of. I don't know what caused this but am concerned if the food had any impact and it seems like regulations are lax. Sharing this in case it's happened to anyone else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

My cats have been on Science Diet Senior (7+) Hairball Formula for 10 years and it was like CRACK to them -- by far their favorite. Suddenly, with the new bag, they are very disinterested in it. In fact, they won't eat it. Same with the Adult (Ages 1 - 6) Hairball Formula. Even my outside cats, who will eat anything, and the POSSUMS won't eat it. I called Hill's and was rather rudely told that each batch is tested and it must be the way I store the food/gave it to my cats/some other external reason that they quit eating it. I have 12 cats. And they used to love this stuff. I don't care what their testing revealed, I know my cats and when they quit eating something en masse, there's an issue.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Please pay attention to your kitty if feeding the wet C/D prescription food. My cat was on this food for 10 years therefore I did not notice the decline in her health immediately until we went to the vet and they told me that she had lost a pound. I started monitoring her like a hawk and she begrudgingly was trying to eat the food, she started scratching her face till it was a big bloody scab and her hair was falling out in clumps. I switched her over to Wellness 3 months ago (she only like the Pate) and she is like a brand new cat that is not being poisoned. Her weight and energy levels are up and her skin and fur are better than ever. The vet ignored me when I told them there was a problem with the food and I was taking her off it ASAP.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I recently bought my second bag of the Science Diet Indoor Age Defying dry cat food. Prior to that I had been using the Nulo brand, but thought I would change things up a bit. Yesterday, one of my indoor cats was throwing up his dry food non-stop (it comes out yellow, and nearly in whole bits). My other cat who is his sibling, had a seizure!! Her legs went out under her, and her eyes starting moving back and forth, then her head started to do the same! We rushed her to the emergency vet. The vet said that she was nauseous (she was salivating a lot), so they gave her something intravenously to help. She is better now, but I am convinced that it had something to do with the food! Needless to say, the first thing we did when we got home was throw away the food. Please watch your pets closely when they are on this food.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Hills Science Plan for Young Adult Cats - I have been feeding my cats Hills food and I'm devastated at what I'm reading about it. My vet has stopped selling it but won't say anything about it when I told her about my concerns. She's the reason that I use the food as she told me it was the best for my cats. One of my cats always threw up every so often and the vet said it was hairballs but I never saw a hairball in what he threw up. Now he's having bloods taken tomorrow and I'm worried sick about it. I'm waiting for other food I've ordered online to come, and I don't want to give my cats anymore Hills but I don't know what to give them in the meantime. Please help! Can anyone give me any ideas on what to feed my cats until the ordered food arrives?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had 3 kittens without mum. 3 weeks old. I was bottle feeding them and start giving Hills canned food but they did not like to eat them at all. And every time after eating food they start threw up. And start noticing they having diarrhea. Took them to vet few times and they couldn't find the problem. 3rd time they have told me it has to do with the food they eating. So I change the food. And they start getting so strong and playful and they love to eat the new canned food. I have more than 30 cans of Hills food which I have throw away. I thought kittens will die the way they were, thank God they still alive. I will never use Hills products ever again. I saw the vet they selling Hills brand also. Most foster care use Hills Brand. They did nothing to help and totally stood behind the Hills brand when I told them. Please ban them selling this pet food.

Hills Cat Food Company Information