3.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need a pet insurance provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 5, 2017

11 Embrace Pet Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 5, 2017

Like any insurance you need to read all the fine print and fully understand what you are getting. I made this mistake particularly with the waiting period and pre existing conditions. That said, I agree completely with what other reviewers have said about pre existing conditions. My vet also had noted some minor lumps and bumps on my older dog during a wellness exam and assured me that they were fatty tumors. Fast forward to a situation where an oral lump was discovered. Vet was concerned and wanted a biopsy. You guessed it, Embrace rejected it. So be aware, anything your vet writes down they will use it as a reason not to cover it. For accidents etc, there was no problem.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I do not recommend this insurance. I have a new puppy which it is common to have diarrhea when they get home. It was cleared up after the first week but because the veterinarian put that on the notes it is now a preexisting condition. The second most ridiculous thing is that he slipped on my hardwood floor after running around at full speed. He started limping and because I am neurotic I brought him to the vet who said he was fine. He was not limping and she did an exam and he was perfectly fine. Now they say that it a preexisting condition. When I called and talked to someone NOT A VETERINARIAN they still say it is a preexisting condition. Can you imagine if I really needed insurance the trouble I would have!! Cancelled it immediately. Do not use them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 31, 2017

Embrace Pet Insurance only knows how to collect monthly premium. I will make this brief. It was a total waste of money for 6 months of coverage. First they did not obtain the pet's medical history and then attributed every claim to a pre-existing condition. I wish my first experience with a Pet Insurance company had not been so AWFUL and NEGATIVE.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

This pet insurance covers nothing and never communicates with the vet you are going to. Forms get mixed up between accounts. We have 2 dogs under different policies and forms for 1 dog got put under the other. Also forms are not put under correctly and get denied always. It is been such a pain calling them to fix things they have made mistakes on. We are very dissatisfied and this company is not recommended.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

My coverage is great. I get everything I need and I never have to worry. If my pet gets hurt or sick they will be there to provide great coverage. That is great to know. The cost is not bad. To know that you have the peace of mind that your animal is going to be ok in case of any reason I think it is a small price to pay for family. I get many discounts. My pet is healthy and the regular vet visits and shot make it so that I get all the stuff I need at a great price. I think these people care. I've never filed a claim but my cuz did and it was fast like a week or so and they had all his cash or a percentage of what he paid back. You can't beat such a great service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Very good insurance! We have 2 cats and the coverage has been great for both of them! Saves you money! The cost of the insurance outweighs what it costs at the vets for care and medicine! I would not go without insurance! Have ad discounts on vet visits, medicine, and pet food. I highly recommend this insurance! The processing time is just fine. It doesn't take very long to get money back. I love this insurance!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It is a great pet insurance company. One time my dog broke her leg so they took care of it. I am very pleased with this company and they helped me and my pet live a successful life. The cost is above average and I can pay this as easy as 1 2 and 3. I recommend this to any pet owner that needs pet insurance. It will save them a lifetime. They have never gave me a discount but the price is still great and this insurance company is useful. It is a very fast processing time and I and my pet are having a wonderful life. We are glad that this company is cheap but still high quality.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

Didn't cover everything but was a huge help when my dog got sick and when my cats got fixed. Customer service was very informative and helpful with all of my questions. It was a little costly but saved me a lot of money in the long run due to unexpected injuries and requiring more vet visits and tests than were expected. Deductibles were much cheaper than having to pay the bill or visits in full and allowed me to bring my animals to the vet more often than I normally would. Filing any claim can be a hassle, but it was definitely easier than filing a car insurance claim or medical claim.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Everyone was nice and very friendly. I enjoyed everyone's company and the customer service was great and helpful and I thought the process was short and explainable.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

It provides great coverage and is just what I need for my pet. I take very good care of my pet and they help me provide the things I need to do for my pet. It's very fair priced and I'd tell all my friends to get it for their pets. It's a very low value for all they offer - one I'd surely take out again and again. I love the discounts they offer and I would like to see them offer more. They have very good things they can offer and are very cheap for all they do. It don't take long to get the process done and it's very easy to do and I would tell everyone how great of service they do and I'd tell them to try it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I have an older dog, a rescue named Angel (AGED 9) who has the usual bumps that most older dogs have. Right after I got her, I took her for a well visit and a "harmless bump" only was noted on her spine, her back. The Vet said it was nothing and not to worry, and I did not as my former Cocker Spaniel had similar bumps. Fast forward a year later and Angel has a cyst on her foot, a real mass/cyst that needs surgery. I foolishly had secured Embrace Pet insurance all year and was never thought twice about the fact that the 500 dollar surgery would be covered. WRONG!!

Embrace denied the claim, claiming that because my dog had a bump on her back (lump, whatever you want to call it--it was super small and harmless) -- a year and half earlier meant the cyst on her foot, a serious mass, would not be covered. WHY? Because the harmless bump was a "pre-existing condition". Now you might ask, what does a tiny bump on Angel's back have to do with a real mass, oozing and bleeding on his foot??? NOTHING AT ALL. And my old Vet agreed and was shocked that Embrace would not cover the surgery. DO NOT GET THIS PET INSURANCE -- THEY ARE CHEATS.

Embrace Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

• Best for: Pet owners with pets with hereditary or genetic conditions, pet owners with old pets, and pet owners with multiple pets.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky