Embrace Pet Insurance Learn More
  3. Pet Insurance
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.13/5

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet health insurance provider offering comprehensive, personalized insurance products for dogs and cats across the US. Wellness Rewards is a feature of Embrace that can be added to any insurance policy that reimburses for routine and preventative care. Embrace is consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated U.S. pet insurance companies and is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Embrace is the only company to offer a diminishing deductible feature, the Healthy Pet Deductible, and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet parents across the country.

Embrace Pet Insurance Learn More

Embrace Pet Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I want to thank each and everyone of you at Embrace Pet Insurance. I have had my dog and 2 cats insured through Embrace for several years and up until recently, I have been lucky to not have to submit a claim. Unfortunately, my kitty, Smokey, began losing weight. He was very sick and I was taking him to the Vet and after much testing, they found he had Triaditis and Cancer of the Intestines. Needless to say, it was expensive and had it not been for Embrace, I could not have given my kitty extra time and comfort before I had to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. Embrace made it so easy to submit claim forms for each Vet visit, each test, all the medication poor Smokey was on. They processed the claims efficiently and quickly. They approved everything that was covered under the policy I chose and the checks were in my hands so I could continue to try to help my kitty. Smokey was the sweetest, kindest cat I have ever known. I miss him so much.

After I let Embrace know that Smokey had passed, I received a beautiful sympathy card from them. The employees wrote individual messages to me and I can't tell you how wonderful that made me feel. They cared and they treated me with the upmost respect during this horrible time. I cannot encourage you enough to get Embrace Pet Insurance for your beloved fur kids. This is an A+ company and compassionate too.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I'm really satisfied with Embrace Pet Insurance. When selecting Embrace several years ago, I read through all of the fine print, so there's been no surprises in terms of what's covered versus not covered. I was able to select a custom plan that fit my preferences in terms of my deductible, monthly premium, and maximum benefit. Asking my vet to submit claims for me has been really easy, and Embrace takes no more than two business days usually to process the claim. So many pets inevitably get sick, so it makes so much sense to get pet insurance!

If you don't get pet insurance, it's like not liking free money. Because I had Embrace, I felt more comfortable pursuing surgery for my dog when she had a bleeding tumor on her liver and was in critical condition. The vets said she may not survive the surgery, but she did! And biopsy results on her liver tumor suggests it's not an aggressive cancer, and she's going to have a good long term prognosis. Embrace processed my claim quickly and issued my benefit - no conflict, no hassle - it was so easy. Because of Embrace, I've been able to extend my dog's life for a couple more years, and that additional time together is priceless.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

In September 2018 I noticed that Jake was limping and seemed to have pain in his right hip. After taking him to the vet and having Xrays done, it was determined that our 4.5 yr old lab-great dane mix needed a new hip. I immediately called Embrace to find out what had to be done to ensure the insurance would cover this, indeed to find out IF they wound cover this. Imagine my joy and surprise when I was told, "Of course this is covered, let's start the paperwork so that it is precertified." WOW!!!. Within a matter of minutes, it was all done and Jake was set. Paying for something like this is a big deal and you wonder how to afford it. Embrace made it all so simple.

Unfortunately, Jake's surgery did not happen as planned and was not done till September of this year. Once again, I contact Embrace to inform them of the change in plans and make sure we were still good to go. You cannot imagine my gratitude and joy to find out that the precertification that was done the previous November was still in place and whenever the surgeon was ready we could do it. Jake is healing very well and has returned to his pre-injury/surgery self. The worst thing I have to do now is keep him quiet. Embrace processed my claims in a very timely manner and without problems. But most of all, they gave me peace of mind. Their care and concern for Jake and his family, what Jake was going through and how we were doing was phenomenal. They truly care about the animals and families they insure. I would not trade them for the anything in the world!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My husband scheduled our dog's annual physical and I didn't know about it until after he'd already taken her. I've explained to him more than once that insurance will only cover one physical per year (humans & pets) so they have to be scheduled for at least a year after the previous physical. This one was less than 10 months after her previous physical.

I filed the claim online and, as I expected, received a check for just the small amount remaining available after payment on the previous physical. I had just paid $200+ for an emergency passport to replace a lost one (that was then found that evening) and, because of a bank error, came back from vacation to hundreds of dollars in NSF fees (only about 1/3 of which the bank would reimburse). So I felt like I was being pummeled by unnecessary expenses. I HATE wasting money, and now I was out about $200 because my dog's physical wasn't covered.

I figured it was worth a shot, so I called Embrace and explained that this was my dog's annual physical, that I didn't know why my husband had taken her 2 months earlier than the previous year, and asked if there was any way they would cover it as if it had been a full year. The rep told me that she would submit it. I just received the decision and they covered it in full! This really made my day and took a lot of the sting out of my recent expense attack. Embrace wasn't my first pet insurance company, but I have been with them for a few years now and they are far superior to my previous insurer. I wish I could put my kids on this plan. I will be with Embrace for as long as I have pets.

Original review: April 8, 2019

My dog was diagnosed with a cruciate ligament tear, and the diagnosis was my first claim. This claim initially took WAY too long and the communication with me (or complete lack thereof) about what was causing the hold up was extremely frustrating. Every time I called in, a different person gave me a different reason and then claimed to resolve it, only for nothing to be updated and the claim to not be processed. In fact, the first time it was processed, it was declined due to the processor not reading the date of the invoice, but rather reading the date of her vaccinations that is logged on all invoices. That type of mistake is pure laziness.

After multiple calls and chats with various representatives, the claim was finally approved. After that, it was smooth sailing. Her surgery claim was approved quickly and efficiently, although I’ve realized that I must submit all claims myself instead of allowing my vet to submit them directly, as your company claims to have never received the documents directly from the vet, despite them sending the documents via multiple methods on multiple occasions. The reimbursement check was sent out quickly and received quickly, so overall, the frustrations were worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Original review: March 28, 2020

We have had up to four dogs insured with Embrace at any given time. Embrace offers very competitive rates and we have been with them since 2014. They have always processed claims in a timely manner and we receive reimbursement via direct deposit very quickly. When I do call Embrace, their customer service agents are highly professional and very helpful at all times.

Original review: March 23, 2020

This company is always helpful and very professional and honest. Everyone who works here is well trained and compassionate. I've been with Embrace for about 4 years and have been totally satisfied with this insurance for my animals. Thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2020

As always, I got excellent service today from a Customer care representative at Embrace. The representative was very patient and spent the necessary time to explain the claims to me in detail, so that I could take any needed action for those that haven't gone through yet.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My policy premium has increased 30% year over year over the last 3 years, with absolutely no changes to the policy and no claims, because my dog (who is only 3) is perfectly healthy. That means year 1 was $454, year 2 was $590, year 3 was $767. They’ve been insuring my healthy puppy since he was less than a year old and he’s now 3, again - perfectly healthy. How does a puppy have an insurance bill skyrocket from $454 to $767 between 2017 and 2020? Buyer beware, if you aren’t expecting a 30% rate increase year over year, you might get the same gut punch I did at renewal. By next year, a 30% rate increase will take me to a $1000/year premium, with a young 4 year old dog...how does that make sense?

Embrace Pet Insurance response

Hello Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Embrace. I certainly agree with you that premium increases are not the best part of insurance. Premiums may increase at renewal for a pet's age, veterinary cost inflation, and other actuarial changes. For these same reasons, sometime people see a decrease in premiums. Premiums increase on an average of 25-35% across all our policies. I know this is frustrating, but it is a necessary part of insurance.

If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing Embrace.

Take care,

Rachel

Claims Manager

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 10, 2020

They will add a pre existing condition for anything you tell to your vet. Took my dog to the vet 'cause he had diarrhea and was vomiting. They attributed that to his diet change which happened more than 6 months ago! Imagine, they are saying that I left my dog vomiting and spewing diarrhea for 6+ months before I took him to the vet! What a dishonest bunch of scammers. They will prey on people in their weakest moments. STAY AWAY!

Embrace Pet Insurance response

Hello Stefan,

I'm sorry for the disappointing results of Nigel's medical history review and recent claim. I looked over the medical records and on 7/23/19, your vet noted, "occasional diarrhea but client switches diet often". When Nigel was seen again on 2/18/20 for gastroenteritis, it was noted that day that his clinical signs could have been caused by his recent diet change. Unfortunately, since diet change gastroenteritis is a pre-existing condition on his policy, it is not eligible for coverage. If Nigel goes 12 months without any clinical signs or treatment for diet change gastroenteritis, this condition will become eligible for coverage.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact the claims department at askclaims@embracepetinsurance.com.

Take care,

Rachel
    Claims Manager

Embrace Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

• Best for: Pet owners with pets with hereditary or genetic conditions, pet owners with old pets, and pet owners with multiple pets.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor