4.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet health insurance provider offering comprehensive, personalized insurance products for dogs and cats across the US. Wellness Rewards is a feature of Embrace that can be added to any insurance policy that reimburses for routine and preventative care. Embrace is consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated U.S. pet insurance companies and is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Embrace is the only company to offer a diminishing deductible feature, the Healthy Pet Deductible, and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet parents across the country.

145 Embrace Pet Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 8, 2019

My dog was diagnosed with a cruciate ligament tear, and the diagnosis was my first claim. This claim initially took WAY too long and the communication with me (or complete lack thereof) about what was causing the hold up was extremely frustrating. Every time I called in, a different person gave me a different reason and then claimed to resolve it, only for nothing to be updated and the claim to not be processed. In fact, the first time it was processed, it was declined due to the processor not reading the date of the invoice, but rather reading the date of her vaccinations that is logged on all invoices. That type of mistake is pure laziness.

After multiple calls and chats with various representatives, the claim was finally approved. After that, it was smooth sailing. Her surgery claim was approved quickly and efficiently, although I’ve realized that I must submit all claims myself instead of allowing my vet to submit them directly, as your company claims to have never received the documents directly from the vet, despite them sending the documents via multiple methods on multiple occasions. The reimbursement check was sent out quickly and received quickly, so overall, the frustrations were worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We had rescued 2 pit bull-mastiff-lab mix puppies from a local Humane Society. Both were in great health but when one of them, Hamilton, developed a limp when he was a year and a half, we took him to the local vet who diagnosed him with a TPLO of the right hind leg, basically, as I understand it, he tore the tendon in the knee. He needed surgery so we took him to a nearby vet who specializes in sports injuries for dogs.

Hamilton came through surgery great, and then several weeks later did the same to his left hind leg. So back to the vet we went to get that repaired. Both surgeries were covered by Embrace. They paid 80% of the total bill - both for the local vet who first diagnosed the problem and for the vet who actually did the surgery. Without this insurance, we wouldn't have been able to afford the cost and may have had to have taken other measures. Now we have a dog with two bionic legs and is a great and friendly part of our family. I would recommend Embrace Pet Insurance to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My very first pug, Ping, was 12.5 when she passed in 2013. In her later years she suffered with a UTI that wouldn't go away. Her vet bills were very expensive, as you can imagine. She needed an Ultra Sound for almost $2K. Whether it would have helped or not I have no idea. During this illness she was on expensive medication, special diet food purchased via my vet, and constant urine tests and cultures. As a retired individual I did the best I could for Ping. As an aging pug, she also developed spinal stenosis and lost control of her back legs and bladder. At the time, wheels for dogs weren't as popular and affordable as they are today. I lost my beautiful baby when I felt her quality of life was gone. I swore at that moment that I would never ever have a pug without purchasing insurance for it.

It just so happened that my vet had a mat on his counter which advertised Embrace Pet Insurance. I remembered that when I adopted two rescue pugs 6 months later. While the cost was around 2K for both dogs, my peace of mind was bought, too. It had wellness care which included dental and OTC items, doctor visits for illness and catastrophic care. I had no doubt that this was the way to go for me and my "girls". I now have only 1 pug, but I know she is Embraced! This is long winded I know but I can't say enough about the peace of mind Embrace has given me. I swear by this company and recommend it to others 100%.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

In 2009, I got my first Cocker Spaniel, and shortly thereafter I joined a cocker spaniel forum to learn more about the breed, grooming tips, etc. I learned a lot from this forum, particularly that cockers are predisposed to a variety of health issues, many of which are extremely expensive to treat. The other thing that I learned was that many of the owners obtained pet insurance for their cockers, but had mixed reviews as to their reputations. One company that kept getting excellent reviews was Embrace, and that is the company that I chose for my dog when she was a couple of years old. Their reputation for paying based on actual costs, and for not having breed-specific exclusions were two positive features that I liked.

Fast forward several claim-free years, and Gromit tore the ccl in her knee, requiring surgery. The cost of the surgery and follow-up exams was over $4,000. My first pleasant surprise was that since I had not filed any prior claims, my deductible was automatically reduced! Next, the claims that I submitted were not only paid quickly and without question, but the agent suggested that I set up direct deposit so that I could receive reimbursement even faster. As Gromit has gotten older, the premiums have increased. But the peace of mind that Embrace has provided is worth it to me. I didn't have to hesitate about getting Gromit the surgery that she needed regardless of the cost. And watching her run around and play, pain free and fully-healed, warms my heart.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I reviewed other pet insures and selected one. After contacting Embrace upon recommendation of my Auto Insurance, Geico I have been please with several aspects. Initial customer service has been excellent. Follow up by email and by phone has been excellent. I received a follow up call on Sunday afternoon in response to one of my inquiries. Embrace offers a 24/7 chat with a pet expert (appeared to be a vet, not sure about that). I chatted for about 30 minutes, all of my questions were answered, which was worth its weight in $$$$.

I was a bit concerned when I read the policy which indicated Embrace would assess my dog's medical qualifications when I made the first claim. Therefore did the following: (a) I provided my one year old GSD's medical history, (b) I have my vet complete the medical exam form Embrace sent to me and (c) I asked if there was an unknown condition discovered, after I made a claim, if they would consider that a pre-existing condition. On their 24/7 chat, they explained to me their policy- I received an immediate reply from a vet: ": No matter how you personalize your policy, Embrace policyholders are covered for: Breed-specific & genetic conditions, Congenital conditions, Chronic conditions, Cancer Exam fees, Alternative therapies & rehabilitation, Behavioral therapy ER & specialist care Diagnostic testing Hospitalization & surgery." Really awesome Insurance carrier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

I had three dogs covered with Embrace. One is two years old. One day my daughter was walking him and her and the dog got attacked by two loose pit bulls. In the process the dog suffered several dog bites that required attention. I took him to the vet, the got patched and treated and fully recovered. I have filed a claim with Embrace, however the claim keeps getting pushed aside, because they have never received the detailed notes from the vet in Houston from when the dog was a puppy.

The dog was in Houston for several months and he got his shots and wellness visits there, and everything was on the summary notes which were sent to Embrace. Since when the coverage for a dog bite requires a review of pre-existing conditions? When I called to find out specifics, the person who answered was very short in her answers and kept on giving me the company line, "We need detailed notes to verify pre-existing conditions before we consider the claim". There are no notes and pre-existing conditions on a 6 month puppy and I am not asking them to pay for an extensive treatment. All I am asking for is reimbursement for the treatment of three dog bites that required sutures.

Hi Cristian,

It looks like the first vet visit was under a different name, and in January of 2018, which was several months after the purchase of the policy. We are trying to get the detailed chart notes for a wellness exam that would have occurred prior to the purchase of the policy, or during the waiting periods, since a requirement of the policy is having a vet visit on record 12 months prior to the purchase, or within the 14 day illness waiting period. We did receive a summary from Pup Squad that referred to a visit at North Durham, so we have send several requests to North Durham for the information.

A dog bite wound is considered an accident and can sometimes be processed without medical history, but we need to make sure that the qualifying exam for the insurance was done so we can ensure the policy is, and has been, legally in effect. If you are able to help us get any detailed chart notes from any exams Hank might have had at North Durham, that would speed the process along. Otherwise, we will continue with another follow up to see if we can obtain that information.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

I have Embrace Pet Insurance on my 3 dogs. One of my dogs was diagnosed with lymphoma and is currently in chemotherapy. To minimize the expense to me, my vet allowed me to give the oral chemo to her at home instead of bringing her into the vet hospital for the treatment. Embrace would not insure the treatment since it was administered at home. If I would have brought my dog to the vet for the treatment, it would have been covered. I received an email from Embrace stating this.

I find this unacceptable but since I am currently going through treatment, I can't change insurance carriers for all of my dogs until my insurance comes up for renewal. Be sure to read the fine print in the insurance policy. From now, I will have to bring my dog into the vet's office for all of her treatments. The chemo drug is ** 40mg Mini-tabs #5, **, also known as ** among other names, is a medication used as chemotherapy and to suppress the immune system. As chemotherapy it is used to treat lymphoma, multiple myeloma, leukemia, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, small cell lung cancer, neuroblastoma, and sarcoma. And the ** 40mg Tablets #1. They are more concerned with rules than your pet's well-being, so beware.

Hi Annie,

I took a look at your coverage, and it looks like you opted out of the prescription drug coverage when you purchased your policy online in 2014 - that is what would cover any FDA approved take home medications for a covered accident or illness.

I'm glad we've been able to reimburse several thousand dollars to help with Bina and Zahra's conditions over the years, and I am sorry that the Rx coverage option was not selected. You are able to add it on now if you'd like - it would not be able to cover prescriptions for existing conditions (even though we are covering the conditions), but if anything new were to come up, you'd have that coverage in place.

Please give us a call if you'd like to add the prescription coverage on to your policy, and we would be happy to set that up for you.

Contact Center Manager

Original review: May 15, 2019

My lab has been covered by Embrace for 10 years! Sadly, he was recently diagnosed with a Mast Cell Tumor. All I can say is this, Embrace has been there for us, paying every claim without question. Pet insurance is not cheap, but, I am so glad I have it now. Cancer treatments are so expensive and they are covered! Thank you, Embrace.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

I adopted Kya from the Animal Shelter on May 2, 2018. I've only had her for one year. I wanted to be proactive and decided to get health and wellness insurance for her. I chose Embrace due to their great client reviews. Unfortunately, Embrace Claims process has been extremely challenging. Myself, and my vets have complied with sending Embrace her 12 month medical history; which has been on-going since March 25, 2019. My vets are beyond reproach and completely frustrated. I am researching another insurance provider.

Hi Denise,

I'm so sorry for your frustrations, it looks like the vet clinic has sent us the chart notes for the recent visits, but not the first two that happened in 2018. They've told us they won't send us anything else, so we've hit a bit of a speed bump.

If you are able to ask them for the chart notes for June 19th, 2018 and October 20th, 2018 and send them to us directly, we will be able to complete the current claims.

I do see you've been communicating with one of our Claims Administrators and asked her to contact the vet, but they have told us that they will not send us anything else, so this might have to go through you.

You can contact me directly, or you can stay in touch with Kelsey.

Once we have those chart notes, we won't need to ask for any more medical history!

Contact Center Manager

Original review: May 2, 2019

Our pet is a family member and his health is priceless. Embrace has allowed to give him the best care available for his health needs. Without Embrace we could have acquired significant debt or even lost our sweet pet.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Thanks everyone at Embrace for helping offset the costs of my little baby's recent hospital visit! I love the partnership your company has with USAA, so I know my little Sierra will always be covered! All correspondences have been EASY, QUICK and never any drama. As a retired military member, I really appreicate your attention to detail and your commitment to your clients! Best investment I've made in years! Thanks again: Roy and Sierra.

Original review: April 19, 2019

On April 1, I took my cat in for a vet appointment and I was told she was in kidney failure and would need kitty dialysis to survive. The estimate was $4500 for 5 days at the emergency vet. I called Embrace and they stated that although they cannot confirm or deny coverage over the phone, the treatment should be covered if I filed a claim for it. Sadly, my cat did not respond well to treatment and after a day had passed, they recommended euthanasia. The total vet bills came to $1900. I submitted the claim and it was accepted almost immediately. They covered 80% of the cost, less the deductible, and I received payment within days.

Having pet insurance allowed me to go forward to do everything I could to save my beloved kitty. Even though I wasn't able to save her, I am comforted knowing I did everything I could to save her, and Embrace covered most of the cost associated with the treatment. I would recommend Embrace Pet Insurance to anyone who has a pet.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had a claim for my dog recently and Embrace was not getting the information that they had requested from my veterinarian but they were very patient through it all and in the end my claim was approved and I received my money in a timely manner after approval. Embrace makes it very easy to submit claims and get paid for them. I would recommend Embrace for pet insurance to anyone thinking of purchasing it.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Signed up my dog in July 2018 for Embrace Pet Insurance. Did not have a claim until November, when my dog was limping after being at the dog park. She is 10 but still very limber and active. Took until January before hearing back from the CSR at Embrace that they wanted more doctor's notes even though I was way past their "waiting" period. Sent in a year's worth of doctor's notes of vaccines and one previous visit for an ear infection.

SUDDENLY they "excluded" pretty much every.little.thing my dog MIGHT have -- she had a little tartar on her teeth (SHE'S 10 for god's sakes!) so they eliminated ANY mouth or tooth or tongue related problems as "pre-existing" - then her limp was called "arthritis" by Embrace staff - which was later invalidated by an ortho vet specialist as NOT being arthritis - but they still made EVERY possible limb and back injury or ailment as "pre-existing". Now ALL dermatological problems and any muscle/tendon/bone problems are now "pre-existing"!!!! Crap company that does everything to NOT pay a claim. I have since sent in a complaint with my state's insurance commissioner. This is NOT insurance when they refuse to honor a legitimate claim as advertised. DON'T purchase Embrace Pet Insurance, they will steal your money!

Hi Jia,

I wasn't able to find a policy under your name or email address, but I hope I can help with some general answers about our policies.

We request your pet's history at the end of your waiting period - from there, if we don't get it, we just wait until the first claim comes in to follow up. On a ten year old dog, we normally suggest a Medical History Review right off the bat, but without your policy in front of me, I can't tell how the policy was purchased (phone or online).

Our definition of pre-existing from our Terms and Conditions is:

PART I – DEFINITIONS 28. Pre-existing Condition(s) means:

a. a Chronic Condition observed by you or your Veterinary Provider prior to the end of the Waiting Period for your Pet(s) and any related conditions; or

b. an Illness or Injury that first occurred or showed Clinical Signs prior to the end of the Waiting Period for your Pet and any related conditions.

Undiagnosed conditions with the same Clinical Signs as those in a. or b. above are also considered pre-existing.

If you'd like to email me at djl@embracepetinsurance.com I can look at your policy specifically and send you the chart notes we used to do that review. We never diagnose anything, we only base our decisions on what the vet(s) have written in their chart notes. We also have an appeal process if you disagree with the findings.

We pay out on over 93% of the claims that are sent to us, so legitimate claims are covered and paid.

Contact Center Manager

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have never felt so wronged by a company more than what I endured with this company. They are extremely fraudulent. I was paying for pet insurance that was not even covered on my policy. (Going back)... They required a pre-policy medical exam before starting coverage. They stated that they would contact me if they were not able to obtain it. Since I did not hear from them, I assumed they were able to get my dog's record thus charging me for a premium policy. A year later when I filed a claim, they reported that they needed a medical exam. They had ME go to my vet and request that it be faxed to them. This made me quite upset as I had to do extra work for a service I am paying them for, in addition to them not doing their end in obtaining the items.

So, despite the medical exam stating my dog is in a healthy state, a doctors statement saying they found something irregularly shaped VOIDED my entire coverage. It was considered a preexisting condition according to Embrace. NOW, if I had known that certain things were not covered, I would have pursued other options (i.e., increasing my policy plan, changing coverages, etc.).

So for the entire 15 months of paying out of pocket, they tell me that they can't do anything because it is the customer's responsibility to get that exam in. This poses an extreme predicament as THEY were the ones who stated that they would get the documents and would not start my coverage until then. Additionally, I don't even know what I was paying for. When I asked them, they couldn't tell me. Please be advised as there are many scam insurances out there. If you want to work extra hard and diligent where the company provides false lies and advertisements, then Embrace may be for you. If however, you want a pet insurance company that is honest and adheres to their terms and condition, then choose someone else.

Hi Maryrose,

I'm so sorry for your frustration. We try to make our process as clear as possible by sending an email the day you purchase the policy online titled "Just a few more questions from Embrace". In this email, we ask for any vet clinics your pets have been to. Once we receive that information, we reach out to the vet to get the medical history to keep on file for when your first claim is submitted.

In this case, we didn't receive a response with your vet clinics, so we weren't able to contact them.

We add this note in that email to let you know that it's ok if we don't receive the medical history right away, we will still get it at the time of your first claim:

"Just so you know: We will need your pet’s medical history to process your first claim. Having this in advance will speed up the claims process so you get reimbursed faster (yay!). You do not need to do anything at this time. After your waiting period is over, we will fax your veterinary hospital and request your pet’s medical history. If we don’t hear back from your vet, we’ll follow-up with them at the time of your first claim."

Since we didn't receive the names of your vet clinics until this year, we had no chance to request the information preemptively. However, when we received your claim, we did fax and call the vet clinics to get the history - we don't rely on Pet Parents to obtain that information unless we have trouble getting it.

I hope that clarifies things, and let me know if you have any questions.

djl@embracepetinsurance.com

Original review: March 10, 2019

We purchased Embrace for our dog, only to find out that we would be giving a monthly investment to an insurance company that did not cover a Single claim. They always claimed there was a pre-existing condition. Our dog had had diarrhea once as a symptom in old records - and this meant that when she subsequently developed bloody stool and needed to be seen multiple times — this was a “pre-existing condition”. Despite multiple pleas from us and our vet in personalized notes describing why the two were unrelated, Embrace didn’t give us a penny. Their customer service was also horrendous. Long wait times to hear that our claims had been denied only added insult to injury. Buyer beware, don’t make the same mistake we did giving them hundreds of dollars to receive NOTHING in return.

Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry for your experience. Undiagnosed symptoms create broader preexisting conditions because of the lack of diagnosis. Since the initial symptom of diarrhea had no diagnosis, we didn't have any clinical evidence to show that the second occurrence was a separate diagnosis. If the initial cause of diarrhea were noted as Giarda, for instance, then only Giarda would be considered preexisting and other diagnoses would be coverable.

Contact Center Manager

Original review: March 5, 2019

They literally have done nothing except take my money and find any loophole not to pay. They go above and beyond to make sure you get nothing back for your pet. Not even simple meds or blood work. These people are disgusting on every level I swear. I wanna spit the worst venom possible but you all need to see this and avoid these disgusting human beings. I hope they all receive the same poor treatment themselves by their own health insurance cause they clearly aren't here for your pet at all.

Hi Brandon,

I am so sorry Quinn is having a tough time. I really wish that we were able to cover preexisting conditions, but unfortunately at this time, no pet insurance company is able to.

It looks like there was a Medical History Review done when you first purchased the policy so that you had the list of preexisting conditions up front, I am truly sorry that these issues came as a surprise. We try to be as up front as possible, which is why we offer that history review - we don't want you to be surprised.

The things we weren't able to cover were all things that were listed on that review. We always take feedback from our Pet Parents very seriously, if there is anything we could have done to be more open about our policies, please feel free to contact me.

Contact Center Manager

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was a new customer to Embrace as of December. With a new puppy, I signed up to receive coverage. He passed puppy wellness exam and had no pre existing conditions for the 12 months prior to the day I became a customer. He passed the accident and illness waiver period. I took him in to complete an optional orthopedic waiver to reduce wait time from 6 months to immediate coverage. Found out, because of the optional waiver exam, my puppy had hip discomfort and did not score within normal limits. I did not submit the waiver request and chose to wait the waiting period.

My puppy became sick with a stomach bug and I submitted claim to Embrace. They performed a medical chart review and used the results of the optional orthopedic waiver test against me, saying it was a pre-existing condition. I am absolutely disgusted with this company. I requested all my money back because I am an absolutely dissatisfied customer. They will only prorate me the remainder of the uncovered month. So disgusted with this company.

Hi Juliza,

We use the doctor's chart notes when we review your pet's medical history. Since hip dysplasia was noted in their records, we had to include it in our review. Unfortunately, we aren't able to ignore vet records even if you didn't send them in yourself.

I see your other claims were covered, it looks like Hardy doesn't have any preexisting issues except for hip dysplasia.

If you feel your vet was incorrect in diagnosing hip dysplasia, you can always consult an orthopedic specialist to appeal that condition.

Resolution response: March 8, 2019

Once I reached out to Darcy with my information, she was able to resolve the issue. It was a miscommunication that was able to be fixed and we were able to receive money back on our claim. She was timely in responses and very helpful.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I bought the monthly embrace plan for my corgi in 2015 when I first adopted him. I adopted him when he was 6.5 years when he needed a new home and improved care. I followed all of the requirements Embrace asked. When I adopted him he had a minor tooth issue. Due to this, nothing relating to his teeth/gums have been covered, resulting in more than $5,000 in out of pocket costs. The monthly premium has increased from 2015-2019 but the coverage has so far be unhelpful and a drain. This might be a good insurance if you are adopting a puppy, but I would recommend another insurer if you are adopting an older pup that needs a new start. Embrace will not be helpful.

Hi Lisa,

I wasn't able to find a policy with your name, address, or phone number in our system. Could you send me an email with your policy number, I'd like to see if I can help.

Contact Center Manager

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Our Flatcoated Retriever decided to dine on a pair of woman's knee high socks, and we were not aware of this "meal" until he vomited up one sock. The other was removed surgically. Embrace very promptly paid the claim reimbursement a week after the forms were sent to them by the surgical hospital. No questions asked, just prompt, wonderful service! Thank you, Embrace - you rock!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Our dog Rosie tested positive for Heartworm, it is a 2 treatment procedure to treat, each claim submitted and process, was done quickly and reimbursement made quickly! Everyone involved at Embrace was so efficient and caring! Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Embrace was very prompt in processing claims and sending me checks after three recent vet visits. Just wish the vets could have saved our senior dog. I would consider Embrace if we get another pet in the future.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Called today starting at 1215pm est. Got a recording telling me to call back during business hours 9am to 1pm. Tried both numbers. Got the same thing. Why are you guys closed 45 minutes early? Why is my rate increasing when there hasn’t been any claims? Why can I not cancel my renewal and policy that is up on 1 March on my account website? Your way you do business is unethical!!!

Hi Stephen,

I am so sorry you weren't able to get through to us - we believe the issues are completely resolved, but we had phone outages for about two weeks at random times, and our system would default to the "out of office" hours message.

We can absolutely cancel your renewal for you, either through an email to us on your portal, or (now that our phones should be stable) you can give us a call.

I hope this helps, and I am so sorry for the phones being down!

Contact Center Manager

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

So far, Embrace Pet Insurance has proved to be all that I hoped it would. All of the Embrace personnel I have dealt with have been very compassionate, responsive, and accommodating. They have paid all claims in a timely manner, and they kept me from having to make a really difficult decision when one of my dogs needed major surgery to remove an abscess caused by a grass awn that threatened his life. I would not hesitate to recommend Embrace to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have had Embrace for my Newfoundland since I got her as a puppy 6 years ago. Embrace customer service is very friendly and helpful. They reimburse quickly and I would recommend every new pet owner consider Embrace.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had Embrace Pet Insurance for a little over 8 years now. Their claims processing is extremely fast and accurate. They deposit my reimbursement right in to my checking account. I pay with my credit card and have the money in my account before the bill is due. Their customer service is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. I recommend Embrace to everyone, including strangers.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

A few years ago a friend told me about Embrace and I have never been disappointed in the service I have received from them as far as responding to invoices sent to them. I will recommend Embrace Pet Insurance to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I've had Embrace Pet Insurance for one of my dogs for almost 5 years now, and the other for the 3 years we've had her. In that time, one dog has torn her cruciate ligament in both legs and had to have them surgically repaired. I could not be happier with the service and reimbursement process. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Our 9 y/o dog have been generally very healthy. Just this year he had a traumatic hip dislocation and elevated liver enzymes. With both issues Embrace has been quick to respond and cover both conditions. We are very pleased with the quick and simple process with submitting a claim Embrace. Very happy to have chosen Embrace for our pup's health coverage.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We've had Embrace for over 5 years starting with our furbaby #1. Embrace covered her for teeth extractions and heart tumor diagnostics. Well into the thousands of dollars. All their forms are so simple and clearcut. They don't ask you a ton of details that you have to look up. Fast turnaround period. It's just an efficient company. Now we have all 3 of our furbabies with them. Wouldn't change a thing

Embrace Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

• Best for: Pet owners with pets with hereditary or genetic conditions, pet owners with old pets, and pet owners with multiple pets.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky