2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet health insurance provider offering comprehensive, personalized insurance products for dogs and cats across the US. Wellness Rewards is a feature of Embrace that can be added to any insurance policy that reimburses for routine and preventative care. Embrace is consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated U.S. pet insurance companies and is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Embrace is the only company to offer a diminishing deductible feature, the Healthy Pet Deductible, and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet parents across the country.

Embrace Pet Insurance Get Pricing

Embrace Pet Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I have NOTHING but good things to say about Embrace! The app made submitting claims a breeze and everyone I have been in contact with was extremely nice and helpful. There were no hoops to jump through to get claims processed. Unfortunately my pup was poisoned and sadly passed away; we had a high vet bill and Embrace processed much quicker than anticipated. I never had to contact them to explain the situation or notify them of my baby’s passing. They saw in the vet bill and immediately reached out to offer condolences, I didn’t even need to cancel coverage as they had already done so for me. They made a difficult time so much easier for me and I will always be grateful.

I’ve shared my experience with Embrace via social media so dog owners are aware of dangerous plants as well as how important pet insurance is and how amazing Embrace was throughout the process. When we are ready for another puppy we will definitely use Embrace and I will be recommending them to my company which offers a different pet insurance. Thank you all!

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I want to thank each and everyone of you at Embrace Pet Insurance. I have had my dog and 2 cats insured through Embrace for several years and up until recently, I have been lucky to not have to submit a claim. Unfortunately, my kitty, Smokey, began losing weight. He was very sick and I was taking him to the Vet and after much testing, they found he had Triaditis and Cancer of the Intestines. Needless to say, it was expensive and had it not been for Embrace, I could not have given my kitty extra time and comfort before I had to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. Embrace made it so easy to submit claim forms for each Vet visit, each test, all the medication poor Smokey was on. They processed the claims efficiently and quickly. They approved everything that was covered under the policy I chose and the checks were in my hands so I could continue to try to help my kitty. Smokey was the sweetest, kindest cat I have ever known. I miss him so much.

After I let Embrace know that Smokey had passed, I received a beautiful sympathy card from them. The employees wrote individual messages to me and I can't tell you how wonderful that made me feel. They cared and they treated me with the upmost respect during this horrible time. I cannot encourage you enough to get Embrace Pet Insurance for your beloved fur kids. This is an A+ company and compassionate too.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I'm really satisfied with Embrace Pet Insurance. When selecting Embrace several years ago, I read through all of the fine print, so there's been no surprises in terms of what's covered versus not covered. I was able to select a custom plan that fit my preferences in terms of my deductible, monthly premium, and maximum benefit. Asking my vet to submit claims for me has been really easy, and Embrace takes no more than two business days usually to process the claim. So many pets inevitably get sick, so it makes so much sense to get pet insurance!

If you don't get pet insurance, it's like not liking free money. Because I had Embrace, I felt more comfortable pursuing surgery for my dog when she had a bleeding tumor on her liver and was in critical condition. The vets said she may not survive the surgery, but she did! And biopsy results on her liver tumor suggests it's not an aggressive cancer, and she's going to have a good long term prognosis. Embrace processed my claim quickly and issued my benefit - no conflict, no hassle - it was so easy. Because of Embrace, I've been able to extend my dog's life for a couple more years, and that additional time together is priceless.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

In September 2018 I noticed that Jake was limping and seemed to have pain in his right hip. After taking him to the vet and having Xrays done, it was determined that our 4.5 yr old lab-great dane mix needed a new hip. I immediately called Embrace to find out what had to be done to ensure the insurance would cover this, indeed to find out IF they wound cover this. Imagine my joy and surprise when I was told, "Of course this is covered, let's start the paperwork so that it is precertified." WOW!!!. Within a matter of minutes, it was all done and Jake was set. Paying for something like this is a big deal and you wonder how to afford it. Embrace made it all so simple.

Unfortunately, Jake's surgery did not happen as planned and was not done till September of this year. Once again, I contact Embrace to inform them of the change in plans and make sure we were still good to go. You cannot imagine my gratitude and joy to find out that the precertification that was done the previous November was still in place and whenever the surgeon was ready we could do it. Jake is healing very well and has returned to his pre-injury/surgery self. The worst thing I have to do now is keep him quiet. Embrace processed my claims in a very timely manner and without problems. But most of all, they gave me peace of mind. Their care and concern for Jake and his family, what Jake was going through and how we were doing was phenomenal. They truly care about the animals and families they insure. I would not trade them for the anything in the world!

Original review: July 11, 2019

My husband scheduled our dog's annual physical and I didn't know about it until after he'd already taken her. I've explained to him more than once that insurance will only cover one physical per year (humans & pets) so they have to be scheduled for at least a year after the previous physical. This one was less than 10 months after her previous physical.

I filed the claim online and, as I expected, received a check for just the small amount remaining available after payment on the previous physical. I had just paid $200+ for an emergency passport to replace a lost one (that was then found that evening) and, because of a bank error, came back from vacation to hundreds of dollars in NSF fees (only about 1/3 of which the bank would reimburse). So I felt like I was being pummeled by unnecessary expenses. I HATE wasting money, and now I was out about $200 because my dog's physical wasn't covered.

I figured it was worth a shot, so I called Embrace and explained that this was my dog's annual physical, that I didn't know why my husband had taken her 2 months earlier than the previous year, and asked if there was any way they would cover it as if it had been a full year. The rep told me that she would submit it. I just received the decision and they covered it in full! This really made my day and took a lot of the sting out of my recent expense attack. Embrace wasn't my first pet insurance company, but I have been with them for a few years now and they are far superior to my previous insurer. I wish I could put my kids on this plan. I will be with Embrace for as long as I have pets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Original review: June 22, 2020

I had to have three cutaneous mast cell tumors removed from my dog. Within two weeks of submitting my claim my reimbursement was deposited into my bank account and without any hassle. Very helpful staff as well.

Original review: May 25, 2020

My Great Dane, Cupcake was healthy for the first three years of his life, then he developed an autoimmune disease, and also Lymes disease. He receives ongoing veterinary care and his bills are high. Embrace has ALWAYS come through. Never refused to pay a claim, and all claims are promptly paid. I can't say enough good things about this company, and am very grateful.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Embrace made an extremely stressful situation much less so. They were so helpful when our dog's ophthalmologist's office was dragging their feet about getting our claim forms back to us. The app is so simple to use, and our claim was processed extremely quickly. I highly recommend!

Original review: May 13, 2020

At the time of application, the company reviewed vet notes for previous 12 months. Those notes reflected one instance of vomiting and two instances of abnormal lab results. The only definitive diagnosis of a specific illness was a possible urinary tract infection. The company implicitly advised it would not cover any future illness that occurred within 12 months of the above findings if any of those findings reappeared in the future, unless it was proven the finding was unrelated to the new illness. It appeared to me that if my pet vomited again within 12 months and if that turned out to be a symptom of any illness whatsoever, there would be no coverage. My conclusion was that the company would be providing accident insurance only -- no illness coverage.

Embrace Pet Insurance response

Hello Kenneth,

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with Jenna's coverage through Embrace. At the moment, there is not a pet insurance company in the United States that covers pre-existing conditions. While we have the right to request all pre-policy medical history for a pet, we only ask for the past 12 months. When we reviewed Jenna's records, there were a few issues noted by your veterinary staff, some on the very day you purchased the policy. Jenna's pre-existing conditions were considered temporary, meaning if she did not show signs of related issues, these conditions could 'expire' and be removed from her policy moving forward. In the meantime, we could cover any claim unrelated to the conditions noted in her history, but I see that you have cancelled your policy for Jenna.

Chrystal Rini

Claims Admin Manager

Original review: May 10, 2020

If I could give negative stars I would. This entire company is a joke. Typical insurance company that will do whatever it can to deny the claim. Even it means not following a previous appeal that was won. DO NOT do business with this company, you will 100% regret it when it comes time to use the insurance. Like another reviewer said, Embrace will place pre-existing conditions on your pet for ANYTHING you may have told your vet or any vet even if the notes are not verified by an exam or have been proven to be false and inaccurate by another vet. I have recorded phone calls of them telling me one thing and then when I ask about it am told, "Oh well sorry, you should not have been told that, they were incorrect." Integrity at its best here folks. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, PLEASE! Regardless of what comments they attempt to put here to justify their action.

Embrace Pet Insurance response

Hello Dave,

Toby’s medical records for his December 22, 2019 visit assess his symptoms as ‘Suspect IVDD Class 1’. This visit took place during his orthopedic waiting period; therefore, the symptoms mentioned are pre-existing conditions. Toby’s April and May 2020 intervertebral disc disease (IVDD) claims were not covered as they could be related to the initial diagnosis and symptoms listed in December 2019.

As you disagree with this decision, we have opened a first and now a second appeal for your claims. We are currently working on the second appeal for Toby’s claims.

The original claim form for Toby’s December 20, 2019 visit simply stated ‘shivering and panting’, which are symptoms of pain and could be related to IVDD. Therefore, the claim was initially not covered. You later informed your veterinarian about a scorpion found in Toby’s kennel. The claim decision was overturned based on this discovery even though the information was not verified by an exam. We do not make judgements based on ‘anything’ a pet parent tells their veterinary staff as we are not present to hear it, but we do have to take the medical records provided to us at their word.

Your second appeal is being processed. You will hear from us once the decision has been made.

Sincerely,

Chrystal

Claims Admin Manager at Embrace Pet Insurance

Embrace Pet Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor