2. Pets
  3. Pet Insurance
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Embrace Pet Insurance offers coverage for dogs and cats and reimburses pet owners for preventative veterinary care, grooming and behavioral training with no per-item limits. Embrace charges a monthly premium and helps cover expenses if your pet needs emergency medical attention or another service.

Embrace Pet Insurance Get Pricing

Embrace Pet Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I have NOTHING but good things to say about Embrace! The app made submitting claims a breeze and everyone I have been in contact with was extremely nice and helpful. There were no hoops to jump through to get claims processed. Unfortunately my pup was poisoned and sadly passed away; we had a high vet bill and Embrace processed much quicker than anticipated. I never had to contact them to explain the situation or notify them of my baby’s passing. They saw in the vet bill and immediately reached out to offer condolences, I didn’t even need to cancel coverage as they had already done so for me. They made a difficult time so much easier for me and I will always be grateful.

I’ve shared my experience with Embrace via social media so dog owners are aware of dangerous plants as well as how important pet insurance is and how amazing Embrace was throughout the process. When we are ready for another puppy we will definitely use Embrace and I will be recommending them to my company which offers a different pet insurance. Thank you all!

Get buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Policy Holder since Oct 2018 and best money ever spent. Dog was almost 11 yr old when purchased policy and felt price was very reasonable (under $100/mo) for a senior larger breed dog (Shepard mix). Being a senior she has arthritis and also diagnosed with Cushing's disease so has periodic testing and monthly meds. Also unfortunately, she has had 2 surgeries to remove foreign objects she ingested. Let me say that the peace of mind knowing that we are 90% of meds/procedure costs back is priceless for our 4 legged family member. I simply have provided the claim form to the Vet and they handle everything for me.

I have had zero issues with any claim and with direct deposit it is sent within days. If you have an awesome Vet staff who can handle the claims then I would imagine you can expect the same experience from Embrace that I have had. In second policy year and renewal was a breeze and plan to continue with policy for years to come. Thank you Embrace!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I want to thank each and everyone of you at Embrace Pet Insurance. I have had my dog and 2 cats insured through Embrace for several years and up until recently, I have been lucky to not have to submit a claim. Unfortunately, my kitty, Smokey, began losing weight. He was very sick and I was taking him to the Vet and after much testing, they found he had Triaditis and Cancer of the Intestines. Needless to say, it was expensive and had it not been for Embrace, I could not have given my kitty extra time and comfort before I had to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. Embrace made it so easy to submit claim forms for each Vet visit, each test, all the medication poor Smokey was on. They processed the claims efficiently and quickly. They approved everything that was covered under the policy I chose and the checks were in my hands so I could continue to try to help my kitty. Smokey was the sweetest, kindest cat I have ever known. I miss him so much.

After I let Embrace know that Smokey had passed, I received a beautiful sympathy card from them. The employees wrote individual messages to me and I can't tell you how wonderful that made me feel. They cared and they treated me with the upmost respect during this horrible time. I cannot encourage you enough to get Embrace Pet Insurance for your beloved fur kids. This is an A+ company and compassionate too.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I'm really satisfied with Embrace Pet Insurance. When selecting Embrace several years ago, I read through all of the fine print, so there's been no surprises in terms of what's covered versus not covered. I was able to select a custom plan that fit my preferences in terms of my deductible, monthly premium, and maximum benefit. Asking my vet to submit claims for me has been really easy, and Embrace takes no more than two business days usually to process the claim. So many pets inevitably get sick, so it makes so much sense to get pet insurance!

If you don't get pet insurance, it's like not liking free money. Because I had Embrace, I felt more comfortable pursuing surgery for my dog when she had a bleeding tumor on her liver and was in critical condition. The vets said she may not survive the surgery, but she did! And biopsy results on her liver tumor suggests it's not an aggressive cancer, and she's going to have a good long term prognosis. Embrace processed my claim quickly and issued my benefit - no conflict, no hassle - it was so easy. Because of Embrace, I've been able to extend my dog's life for a couple more years, and that additional time together is priceless.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

In September 2018 I noticed that Jake was limping and seemed to have pain in his right hip. After taking him to the vet and having Xrays done, it was determined that our 4.5 yr old lab-great dane mix needed a new hip. I immediately called Embrace to find out what had to be done to ensure the insurance would cover this, indeed to find out IF they wound cover this. Imagine my joy and surprise when I was told, "Of course this is covered, let's start the paperwork so that it is precertified." WOW!!!. Within a matter of minutes, it was all done and Jake was set. Paying for something like this is a big deal and you wonder how to afford it. Embrace made it all so simple.

Unfortunately, Jake's surgery did not happen as planned and was not done till September of this year. Once again, I contact Embrace to inform them of the change in plans and make sure we were still good to go. You cannot imagine my gratitude and joy to find out that the precertification that was done the previous November was still in place and whenever the surgeon was ready we could do it. Jake is healing very well and has returned to his pre-injury/surgery self. The worst thing I have to do now is keep him quiet. Embrace processed my claims in a very timely manner and without problems. But most of all, they gave me peace of mind. Their care and concern for Jake and his family, what Jake was going through and how we were doing was phenomenal. They truly care about the animals and families they insure. I would not trade them for the anything in the world!

Resolution response: Aug. 28, 2020

As of today, 4 weeks later, they finally approved my claim, after my vet completed a questionnaire to validate that all prior exams were normal, no pre-existing conditions. I need to know how to avoid this in the future, will I have to go through this if my other dog has an accident? Either way, I’m glad it’s done for now, I’ll continue to be a customer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I signed up with Embrace 2 years ago for both my dogs through my USAA insurance, I figured hey, my trusted USAA trusts them so they should be trustworthy right? BIG WRONG! My prior experience with Embrace Wellness portion was great, easy peasy! And now when I need to use the accidental portion of my coverage, I’m totally being shafted. My dog tore her ACL ON 7/13, we had surgery 8/3. I submitted my claim And jump through hoops playing middle man and satisfying all embrace’s request to get all medical records of the 5 years of my Pomeranian, Daphne’s, life... being military and moving a lot, it’s no easy feat. Apparently my current vet’s medical records are not detailed enough for Embrace, which my vet's office has explained to embrace is all they Have/use.

As a result embrace is now calling Daphne’s waiting period (since they don’t approve of my vet’s files) effective on 7/13, which means they’re now calling her ACL issue a pre-existing condition and will NOT cover it! Keep in mind I have been a client of embrace since 8/2018 and my dog has been seen for checkups in this time And prior with no issues during these 2 years, we’ve never heard of any patella/ACL issues in her until 7/13/20, which is 100% evident in all her records! The email from my adjuster states the below word for word, which shows what they are putting me through is not required or part of their processes. They honestly do NOT want to pay for my $1500 claim and I’m so upset over this, these situations are why I purchased this insurance! And when I needed embrace as a loyal, honest customer, this is what I get, hell.

In conclusion, I hope to edit my review with a positive outcome in this as I have been fighting for 3 weeks now (I have to call almost daily as embrace does not keep you in the loop at all) and my vet is doing what she can to help me. If embrace can get it together I may continue to be a customer, if not, I’m out and will share my experience any and everywhere I can... including USAA. Adjuster email states, none of which apply to me: ‘We routinely do these reviews only upon request, but in some cases a Customer Care Embracer may request we do a pre-emptive review if a pet parent mentions in the course of a conversation a possible pre-existing condition that could greatly impact their coverage or if an Administrator notes lengthy medical history or visits to veterinary specialists in your pet's past.‘

Hello Alisha,

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Embrace. I looked into the entire situation and see that the hang-up was that your veterinarian had not provided us the detailed information we required for your policy. I also see that after your medical history review was completed, your veterinarian provided us with the information we had previously requested and your claims have since been processed and covered.

I am happy to report a positive outcome, although I understand it was not a smooth process. If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Embrace Pet Insurance

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

This is a scam business. They will deny your claim under pre existing conditions that they fabricate. They literally said because he had contact dermatitis that when the doctor prescribed antibiotics 5 months later and he was allergic to the antibiotics that it was a preexisting condition. He then got injured on a hike and cut his toe so he needed stitches etc. They are going to ask me that "We are denying it based off the fact that he could of bite his foot in an allergy attack." What a scam company.

Hello Mr. Najieb,

I'm sorry to hear you have had a disappointing experience with Embrace. I took a look at Akuma's policy and it looks he was first noted to have pustular dermatitis on 1/18/20, prior to the start of the policy. As this is a dermatological condition (according to the policy terms and conditions), it means all dermatological conditions are excluded for 12 months. Akuma was noted to have dermatological conditions again in April, May, and ultimately diagnosed with allergies in June. As Akuma did not go 12 months before being diagnosed with chronic allergies, dermatological conditions are permanently excluded. I understand this is disappointing, but all pet insurance companies exclude pre-existing conditions, like Akuma's allergies.

Regarding the claim for his toe injury, this condition was covered. We do not relate injuries like this one to his dermatological exclusion and it was therefore covered.

I hope this helps to clarify both the exclusion on Akuma's policy as well as the coverage on his claims. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Embrace Pet Insurance

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Embrace truly exceeded my expectations in handling my recent claim. For context, my dog recently swallowed some raisins and had to stay at an emergency pet clinic for 48 hours while they monitored her for any adverse side effects. The bill was rather expensive and I had assumed that Embrace would likely find some reason to deny the claim... or at least question it. Neither of these things happened! I submitted the claim online and within a reasonable amount of time they approved the claim without any pushback whatsoever. My deposit came shortly after that. I appreciate how quickly they were able to turn everything around and how little hassle they presented in the process. Would definitely recommend them as a pet insurance provider.

Original review: July 22, 2020

My dog had surgery last month. The procedure was covered and Embrace was super easy to work with and efficient. My reimbursement was in my account just weeks after the surgery. They answered their phone, I wasn’t on hold and they were able to answer all my questions. I had been skeptical about pet insurance but would do it again after my recent experience.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I've had this insurance for over a year now for my K-9 Service Dog. This company cannot or will not process claims in a timely manner without jumping thru hoops and doing their job for them... Do Waste Your Money...

Hello Rob,

I'm sorry for your dissatisfaction with Embrace. I know you have been working with our Admin Manager and Claims Director, so hopefully you have received a resolution to this problem. The policy does require that a pet is examined by a veterinarian in the 12-months prior to the start of the policy. The delay in processing your claims happened because we were trying to get medical records for your pre-policy exam, which we know now did not take place. As we now know the date of the first examination, the claims have since been processed.

If there is anything else you need, please do not hesitate to contact us at Embrace.

Embrace Pet Insurance.

Embrace Pet Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor