It's that easy Request Information
4.18/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet health insurance provider offering comprehensive, personalized insurance products for dogs and cats across the US. Wellness Rewards is a feature of Embrace that can be added to any insurance policy that reimburses for routine and preventative care. Embrace is consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated U.S. pet insurance companies and is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Embrace is the only company to offer a diminishing deductible feature, the Healthy Pet Deductible, and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet parents across the country.

127 Embrace Pet Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Embrace was very prompt in processing claims and sending me checks after three recent vet visits. Just wish the vets could have saved our senior dog. I would consider Embrace if we get another pet in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Called today starting at 1215pm est. Got a recording telling me to call back during business hours 9am to 1pm. Tried both numbers. Got the same thing. Why are you guys closed 45 minutes early? Why is my rate increasing when there hasn’t been any claims? Why can I not cancel my renewal and policy that is up on 1 March on my account website? Your way you do business is unethical!!!

Embrace Pet Insurance response

Hi Stephen,

I am so sorry you weren't able to get through to us - we believe the issues are completely resolved, but we had phone outages for about two weeks at random times, and our system would default to the "out of office" hours message.

We can absolutely cancel your renewal for you, either through an email to us on your portal, or (now that our phones should be stable) you can give us a call.

I hope this helps, and I am so sorry for the phones being down!

Darcy

Contact Center Manager

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

So far, Embrace Pet Insurance has proved to be all that I hoped it would. All of the Embrace personnel I have dealt with have been very compassionate, responsive, and accommodating. They have paid all claims in a timely manner, and they kept me from having to make a really difficult decision when one of my dogs needed major surgery to remove an abscess caused by a grass awn that threatened his life. I would not hesitate to recommend Embrace to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have had Embrace for my Newfoundland since I got her as a puppy 6 years ago. Embrace customer service is very friendly and helpful. They reimburse quickly and I would recommend every new pet owner consider Embrace.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had Embrace Pet Insurance for a little over 8 years now. Their claims processing is extremely fast and accurate. They deposit my reimbursement right in to my checking account. I pay with my credit card and have the money in my account before the bill is due. Their customer service is excellent. Very friendly and helpful. I recommend Embrace to everyone, including strangers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embrace Pet Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

A few years ago a friend told me about Embrace and I have never been disappointed in the service I have received from them as far as responding to invoices sent to them. I will recommend Embrace Pet Insurance to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I've had Embrace Pet Insurance for one of my dogs for almost 5 years now, and the other for the 3 years we've had her. In that time, one dog has torn her cruciate ligament in both legs and had to have them surgically repaired. I could not be happier with the service and reimbursement process. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Our 9 y/o dog have been generally very healthy. Just this year he had a traumatic hip dislocation and elevated liver enzymes. With both issues Embrace has been quick to respond and cover both conditions. We are very pleased with the quick and simple process with submitting a claim Embrace. Very happy to have chosen Embrace for our pup's health coverage.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We've had Embrace for over 5 years starting with our furbaby #1. Embrace covered her for teeth extractions and heart tumor diagnostics. Well into the thousands of dollars. All their forms are so simple and clearcut. They don't ask you a ton of details that you have to look up. Fast turnaround period. It's just an efficient company. Now we have all 3 of our furbabies with them. Wouldn't change a thing

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I am delighted with the coverage I received for Chloe resorptive lesions. It was a bit stressful not knowing if the lesions would be covered by the policy or not - I wasn't sure since it relates to dental. The process for filing the claim was easy enough, my only two negative thoughts are that: 1. Needing to login to the website to see claim results is a pain. I wish they could be attached to the email as a PDF. 2. Some but not all of Chloe's anesthesia for her surgery was covered. This doesn't make much sense to me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I can't say enough good things about my experience with Embrace. My sweet dog was diagnosed with a life threatening condition, that was emotionally so hard to deal with and came with a lot of very expensive testing and procedures. It was wonderful that I could comfortably say "yes" to all of the recommended procedures and testing to give my little girl a chance to live. But, even better, with how easy it was to send in the claims and the timeliness in receiving approval. Embrace never gave me any trouble or questioned anything. They have been wonderful. I will never not have pet insurance again, and I will always use Embrace!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I used Embrace to mainly cover my dog's check-ups, but one day, he landed funny when jumping off the recliner and ended-up needing MPL surgery. The cost was about $1300.00 and Embrace covered approximately $950.00. Awesome.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Very satisfied with customer service. Staff is highly knowledgeable of many topics regarding coverage and if not certain will ask for additional assistance from other staff. Will go out to ensure customers are satisfied with inquiries.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I started using Embrace at the recommendation of my veterinarian. I have rarely been so pleased with customer service as I am with this company. They are small and treat you like you are their only customer. They respond promptly and are extremely courteous and helpful. I added a pet to an existing policy and they were very helpful in explaining the costs and even found ways to help me save money. In May, they added a reminder to call me at the end of the year to help me remember to update my policy as we discussed, and sure enough, they reached out in December and got it taken care of even though the original rep was on maternity leave!! I wish my human insurance coverage was so easy and helpful!! And I don’t receive annoying emails all the time! They are there when you need them, and quiet when you don’t. I highly recommend Embrace to anyone!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I renewed my contract last year, I called on the phone to renew. I guess I waited too long, because my contract was renewed automatically several days later. I had to get customer service to delete my payment, since I had paid twice. The double payment was resolved and the over payment was refunded to my bank account. Otherwise, I always got my pet's payments back in a timely manner. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

After a quick account set up, I just provide the Vet with a claim form for each pet. After that, it all happens behind the scenes and the reimbursement just appears in my account. Couldn’t be easier. Thank you Embrace for making something in this life truly simple and convenient.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

When my fur baby is sick that last thing I want to worry about is money. I very much appreciate how easy the claims process is and how quickly I am reimbursed. Love that I can download the claim form and email it straight from the site!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My experience so far with Embrace Pet Insurance has been great. I have filed two Wellness claims and have received a full refund promptly. I have made calls to clarify information and staff has been great. Thankfully, I have not needed their protection with illness or accidents, yet, however I am confident they will make my experience a pleasant one.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We definitely would recommend Embrace for pet insurance. Our 3 year old lab mix was diagnosed with a tear in her knee ligament. Embrace covered 80% related charges quickly and easily. It pays to get this insurance for our pets. For a low monthly payment and excellent service, it is an awesome program!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

So glad we discovered Embrace Pet Insurance several years ago for our beloved Beagle and Aussie. We will never have to think twice about providing the best for them. Whether it be their health care, dietary needs, specialized training, or routine care. No questions asked - Embrace is the best!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Making a claim was easy and simple. Embrace processed my claims quickly and efficiently while regularly keeping me informed of the progress. The claims were paid a reasonable time after the review was completed. Very satisfied with Embrace.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Embrace was there for us when our beloved pup, Porter, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Having their coverage made Porter's comfort and the course of treatment our priority... not prices. Embrace was there for us when we had questions about prescription medications and to walk us through our coverage benefits. Their prompt responsiveness, caring words, and thoughtful card when Porter passed showed how compassionate they are when dealing with sensitives circumstances and lost pets. I recommend Embrace to any pet owner, they are a great company that provide a true service to their customers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I'm very satisfied with Embrace. Claims are easily filed by me or the vets' offices and customer service doesn't make me wait 10 minutes just to talk to a human representative. The website is easily accessible and the space dog is fun to watch while I log on. Overall great job!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We’ve had the unfortunate need for critical care for our two dogs over the last 3 years. One with anal sac cancer and the other a benign tumor that ruptured his spleen. The only reason we could pursue the life saving surgeries was having Embrace insurance. Speedy payment process and no hassles.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We had rescued 2 pit bull-mastiff-lab mix puppies from a local Humane Society. Both were in great health but when one of them, Hamilton, developed a limp when he was a year and a half, we took him to the local vet who diagnosed him with a TPLO of the right hind leg, basically, as I understand it, he tore the tendon in the knee. He needed surgery so we took him to a nearby vet who specializes in sports injuries for dogs.

Hamilton came through surgery great, and then several weeks later did the same to his left hind leg. So back to the vet we went to get that repaired. Both surgeries were covered by Embrace. They paid 80% of the total bill - both for the local vet who first diagnosed the problem and for the vet who actually did the surgery. Without this insurance, we wouldn't have been able to afford the cost and may have had to have taken other measures. Now we have a dog with two bionic legs and is a great and friendly part of our family. I would recommend Embrace Pet Insurance to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I've been very pleased with Embrace Pet Insurance. We've had it since our 9 year old was 4 months. Whenever we've made a claim - they've addressed it immediately. Also the submission process is super easy as well. I will not get another pet without it.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

You have posted an article on me and my dog, Tango diagnosed with Addison's. I tell everyone about you. We do a podcast and I mention how thankful I am to have you guys. Thank you for being easy to communicate with. You guys are awesome!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been very satisfied with Embrace pet insurance for my two rescue dogs, a cocker spaniel and a bluetick coonhound. They have always been very helpful in answering all my questions. Their customer service is excellent. I have filed two major claims which they reimbursed me for promptly and even walked me thru the process. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I love having pet insurance for my dogs. What I don't love is every year there is a price increase making it not work for my budget. I'm a dog owner that is on top of my pet's vet care. I don't like that the policy increases every year. I have been with you guys since 2012... 7yrs. You think I would get some praise for being a loyal customer. It was 97 ish dollars and now it is 148.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My very first pug, Ping, was 12.5 when she passed in 2013. In her later years she suffered with a UTI that wouldn't go away. Her vet bills were very expensive, as you can imagine. She needed an Ultra Sound for almost $2K. Whether it would have helped or not I have no idea. During this illness she was on expensive medication, special diet food purchased via my vet, and constant urine tests and cultures. As a retired individual I did the best I could for Ping. As an aging pug, she also developed spinal stenosis and lost control of her back legs and bladder. At the time, wheels for dogs weren't as popular and affordable as they are today. I lost my beautiful baby when I felt her quality of life was gone. I swore at that moment that I would never ever have a pug without purchasing insurance for it.

It just so happened that my vet had a mat on his counter which advertised Embrace Pet Insurance. I remembered that when I adopted two rescue pugs 6 months later. While the cost was around 2K for both dogs, my peace of mind was bought, too. It had wellness care which included dental and OTC items, doctor visits for illness and catastrophic care. I had no doubt that this was the way to go for me and my "girls". I now have only 1 pug, but I know she is Embraced! This is long winded I know but I can't say enough about the peace of mind Embrace has given me. I swear by this company and recommend it to others 100%.

Embrace Pet Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Embrace Pet Insurance is a pet insurance company that has been in operation since 2006, focusing on sustainability and providing expert pet care.

• Ability to compare plans: Embrace has a great website that allows consumers to compare their plans with other insurance companies in order to choose the best option.

• Covers both dogs and cats: Embrace will cover treatment for both dogs and cats of any age.

• Experienced: They have been in business for almost 10 years and are a trusted name in the industry.

• No per-incident limitations: Embrace doesn't restrict the overall amount you can be reimbursed for a specific accident or illness like many insurance companies do.

• Hereditary and genetic condition coverage: Embrace covers genetic conditions that your pet might be prone to, such as digestive issues or dysplasia, in full up to the annual maximum that you have chosen.

• Best for: Pet owners with pets with hereditary or genetic conditions, pet owners with old pets, and pet owners with multiple pets.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

Cleveland
OH
www.embracepetinsurance.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.