2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Napster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Napster?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Napster?

Original review: April 28, 2020

I started using Rhapsody now Napster over 15 years ago because it came with an mp3 player I bought, and have never stopped using it. This was way before Spotify or Pandora took off and in my opinion, has always had a better platform for finding music, creating playlists and saving music. I have never had any problems with payments or getting in touch with customer service, which back in the day of mp3 players was occasionally necessary. Now all you need is your phone for streaming or offline listening and I have no issues. Audio quality is great. If you are looking for hi-fi audio quality, audio streaming has never been the best option anyhow.

I honestly don't know why this streaming service never got more popular. I have used Pandora, Youtube Music, Deezer, and Spotify and still find Napster to be the best for selection, ease of use, creating playlists and offline listening. The only downfall would be radio...For whatever reason Pandora has a better station or radio platform but if you love music like I do, you usually prefer to choose your own listening experience and not rely on a service to select songs for you... I still recommend Napster over its competitors and just wanted to leave a positive review since most reviews are created only after a consumer has something to complain about. Thank you Napster for almost 2 decades of music selection and great service!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I am a senior who never uses any online music product..Recently there was a $29.99 charge on my credit card. I have never signed in to Napster or used Napster. When I contacted the Co. I was told to go through my Bank and contest the charges. They refused to refund my money. I'm sure that they can tell from the account that there was never any consumption of product. They have agreed to discontinue my account and all information, but NO REFUND. Pretty good scam just think 1000 BOGUS CHARGES a month with no recourse.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I can't seem to get a hold of anyone but they have been charging my credit card (that is in my parent's names) for over 15 years. Can anyone help me figure out how to get it refunded? I haven't used Rhapsody since the early 2000s!!! This is awful.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have had a membership with Napster for over 8 years, and recently started having my account hacked by some in customer support. I consider Google Play when a link that Napster support team sent a link instructs to let them access my files, cameras, permissions, etc. The link was blocked by my spyware and flagged as harmful to my device! I scheduled a call back with Napster and of course they didn't meet the schedule call.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Fraudulent company. They advertise, along with iTunes, that you can download their songs for burning and ripping, but they only let you download songs into a private section in their app, and argue that it's legitimate and the same thing as a download because you can download it after clicking a download button and can play them out of streaming mode, and they advertise that it's useful and the same thing as a download because you can play the "downloads" when there's an internet outage or downtime out of streaming mode.

However you cannot move your downloads into your computer's folders, or other parts of your computer, and you cannot exercise possession of the items, even though you paid for them. Company turned into a fraudulent advertisement front teaching bot for third party nationals and their inconvenience infliction cryptids. On the upside, it's prime and ripe for lawsuits and incarcerations against the corporate rogues.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Upon Rhapsody being acquired by Napster I had approximately $100 in music purchase credits. Both Rhapsody and Napster showed the credits but because they no longer offered song or music purchases there was no return or compensation for the funds in my account. On two occasions their associates confirmed the credits and were going to apply them to my monthly user access until the credits were used. This never happened and they have now refused to provide communications or assistance in providing access to my Samsung TV when trying to attempt activation that recognizes my account and provides an activation code to enter that returns with an incorrect activation code.

It appears that this company is now owned and operated by a foreign subsidy that appears to be milking the Napster accounts without providing services being paid for nor providing client follow up. It would be my recommendation that each of us contact our State Attorney Generals and request that a class action suit be filed on the behalf of all subscribers both past and present.

We have seen nearly all Online or Internet services companies posting the changes that have followed the Facebook, Google, etc. failures in meeting the end user privacy legislation changes. This is not so with Napster and this alone should be recognized as a violation with Napster's operations within the United States. We can no longer let foreign or domestic non-storefront businesses continue to fleece Americans due to both intentional complexities as well as their intended avoidance with isolation from communications in operating any business license.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My husband and I were with Rhapsody for a long time until Napster took over. Money begin missing from them overcharging us. Interrupting services with claims they didn’t receive payment even though I had proof they did. I ended up canceling my he Family Plan and switching to a better more honest music app. My husband wanted to stay with Napster because of all the music he had. It was going fine the first few months then he downgraded to a smaller plan. They took the money out our account but insisted the card didn’t go through. I advised them our bank had verified they were not holding funds. That Napster had indeed taken the funds.

I spoke to a supervisor at Napster and told him I’d send him my statement. He refused it and said I did not pay and insisted they didn’t receive any funds from me. He again refused to see my statement for proof. This company is full of ** and should be shut down. It’s run by a bunch of foreigners with bad attitudes that can only call you. You can not call any of the numbers back. Save your money. Don’t pay for Napster when there are plenty of other apps that are run by honest people.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have been a Rhapsody customer since 2009 and for the most part was totally satisfied. After they changed to Napster/Microsoft the client software does not load. There is no help to get it working. 2 years have passed and it still doesn't work. The only way to get their attention is to cancel the service, but Mr. Microsoft I am done. I am also done with Windows and all the bloatware that is included. I would have been willing to pay more for Windows without the bloat. I have now joined the Microsoft Software Sucks club.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We paid for Napster and now we are not able to download music. I have a very large collection and now it is useless. Napster blames it on Microsoft and Microsoft blames it on Napster. This is fraud on Napster, they need to work with Microsoft. I urge everyone to cancel Napster now!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Napster stopped supporting MP3 Players. And left all MP3 player subscribers without music service that was paid for. Now MP3 player subscribers are unable to find a music service like Napster. So, their MP3 players are now useless.

Napster Company Information