Accredited Partner

PurchasingPower.com

Atlanta, GA

PurchasingPower.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.45/5

Purchasing Power is a financing program for employees of participating companies and organizations. It gives customers flexible purchasing options for various products and services by deducting payment from employee paychecks. It doesn’t charge for interest or late fees, and it doesn’t perform credit checks.

BOTTOM LINE

Purchasing Power lets employees buy a wide variety of products with no interest or credit checks. Its services can be expensive, but it has no hidden fees or financing costs.

PROS

• No credit check
  • Wide variety of products
  • No interest or late fees

CONS

• Can be expensive
  • Limited access

Top PurchasingPower.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

… What I like most about PurchasingPower is the ability to have just so much taken out of my paycheck every payday. This makes it easier to be able to purchase things and get some bigger items, and not have to worry about having all the cash upfront.

Shopping through PurchasingPower is more convenient. I heard about them through my job and so far I've bought tires and a TV from them. The items are of pretty good quality. Customer service is good as well and their website is easy to navigate. I just have to know what I'm looking for.

What is Purchasing Power?

Purchasing Power is a financing program that lets employees of participating companies make purchases without credit checks, late fees or interest charges. The company offers products from several top brands in home entertainment, appliances, fashion and more. Employees get their items upfront then make fixed payments for six to 12 months.

How does Purchasing Power work?

Companies pay Purchasing Power to get employee access to its interest-free program for appliance, technology, clothing, furniture and automotive purchases. An employee must have an account through an employer to view available discounts, products and pricing. You can sign up online to get started — once you make your first purchase, Purchasing Power deducts installments from your paycheck for six to 12 months to cover the cost.

Purchasing Power prices

Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its products may be more expensive than you’ll find with other retailers. It does offer some discounts, typically for first-time purchasers, and it has occasional sales and promotions. Purchasing Power payments are fixed and regularly deducted from employees’ paychecks, including sales tax. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge late fees.

Purchasing Power FAQ

Why is Purchasing Power expensive?
Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its prices are typically similar to or higher than what competitors offer. However, it doesn’t charge for financing or interest, and there are no late fees.
Who owns Purchasing Power?
Purchasing Power is owned by Flexpoint Ford, LLC.
Where is Purchasing Power available?
Purchasing Power is available nationwide. However, only employees of participating businesses qualify for purchases.
Can you pay off Purchasing Power early?
Yes, you can pay off your balance early. There are no hidden fees with Purchasing Power accounts.

Is Purchasing Power legit?

Purchasing Power is a legit company. The business is probably worth using if you’re an employee who wants to finance purchases without the charges that come with major credit cards, but this service is available only to staff of participating employers. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge interest, and it deducts installments from your paycheck to cover purchases, making it a convenient payment option for buyers.

PurchasingPower.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PurchasingPower.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I'm always raving about Purchasing Power to my coworkers. I also have many friends who asked me about Purchasing Power but a lot of my friends’ companies don't offer it. A friend down in Georgia went on the website and tried to do it on her own, and she wasn't able to do it. A lot of companies need to pick this up 'cause it's very good for employees. 100% of the time, Purchasing Power has what I want and what I need. I'm not turned down. I get it. The payment comes out of my check so conveniently and in no time things are paid off. So it is awesome for me and my family.

I have been with Purchasing Power for three years now and my interactions with customer service have always pleasant and helpful. It's always what I need and I don't have to call back numerous times nor transferred around. My issue is always resolved immediately. The website is pretty easy to use for me. If I wanna go to all departments and I go down, if I don't click it immediately, it'll disappear. But it's really easy and accessible and it's everything I need and want.

I sit at my computer, go into the website, pick whatever I want, put it in the cart, and put ship. If I wanna put down a deposit or not, I have an option to say yes or no. The payment comes out of my paycheck automatically through my job. But if it's not coming out of my check anymore, I have to have a second backup plan so I use my bank card. Then it's shipped to me within no time and it comes directly to my door.

I have always gotten quality items from Purchasing Power. I was talking to a coworker who was going to school online and she told me to go to Purchasing Power and what it was. I went on the site, gave my information and I was approved immediately. I got my first Dell desktop computer there. It's a touchscreen and I've had it now for four years. It's still up and running. Now, I passed it on to my grandson for virtual learning. So now my grandson is using it. I also got a Michael Kors watch. I've had it now for years and it's still running and ticking. Everything I've got from Purchasing Power, I still have them and they still work. The last time, my purchase was a baby bath for a new grandbaby that was coming, a Waterpik for myself, and some perfume.

Throughout the year, I'm using Purchasing Power, too much. I slowed down a lot since December last year because I had to file for bankruptcy. But I'm on the site at least four or five times a year for anything I need. When it comes down to the purses, they are a bit pricey. But I'm looking forward to purchasing furniture. I'm looking at a bedroom suite that I really want once I get my permanent address again. But some of the things can be pricey but I don't have to get them. I just look around. I'm not gonna complain because it comes out of my checking. It's not a one big lump sum payment, which is what people like me need to get what they want, buy themselves some time to get what they need and to be able to pay for it monthly is a blessing.

Get buying tips about Employee Incentive Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I was trying to get some things squared away with payments. Instead of just paying the additional amount over my limit with another form of payment, I made a payment to my account, which took three days to post. Then, it was on a Friday when I made that payment, so it was over the weekend, and it ended up being more like five days, but it wasn't really that big of a deal. I had a promo code that was going to take $100 off and it expired. But the customer service representative from Purchasing Power said that they would still honor that code, even though it was going to take a couple of extra days for my payment to post through. So, that was nice.

Other than that, the last thing that I got from them was a set of golf club irons and purchasing from them is simple if you have it set up through your bank account. You just go in there, click through the process, and that's pretty much it. Their website is easy to use as well and it's the same with the mobile Purchasing Power app.

For the price, there's a little bit of a markup, but that's to be expected when you're it's like getting a no-interest loan on an item. If you are patient enough to wait for promos to come out on things, a lot of the times it can alleviate a little, but you would pay extra by getting it now and paying as you go. So, if you're a smart shopper, you can alleviate a bit of that extra overhead and I haven't really noticed too much of an issue with it. I also recommend Purchasing Power to all the new employees that we get. As soon as their six months is up and they're eligible for it, I always suggest a wide variety of things that you can find on there. It's basically like Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I purchased a bedroom comforter set from PurchasingPower. I ordered it online and it came within about three days. Ordering it was very easy. I love it. I've done and almost finished my Christmas shopping. Whenever I feel like I need something and I know they got it, I go ahead and order it right then. I have ordered coffee pots and crockpots. I bought all coats for my kids and husband last year for Christmas. I bought a coat this year for my daughter-in-law. I bought the toolbox thing for my husband for Christmas this year. I bought the windmill thing for my son too.

The products have very good quality. I ain’t had any problem. The only time I ever had a problem was when I first started doing it, and I ordered my husband a coffee grinder ‘cause he’s been wanting one and I was gonna give it to him for Christmas. But when they delivered it, it said on the box, “coffee grinder.” He got it off the porch, so he knew exactly what it was. I've sent them a note and told them, and they said they would take it into consideration and rethink how they send stuff out, especially during the holidays. I have never had that problem ever again. Everything that I had ordered has been in another box covering up what it actually was.

In the beginning, I ordered the TV, and it was in the TV box, sitting on the porch. ‘Cause I lived out in the county. I didn't even have neighbors back then. So, that wasn't a good thing. But they fixed it and that's not an issue anymore. I don't have a problem with anything. We moved into a new house in February and ordered a grill for him for his Father's Day and his birthday altogether for the porch and the balcony. I’m fairly pleased with them. It is convenient and I can guarantee it to be here in a few days.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

PurchasingPower is a great tool that the Home Depot signed up for their associates. I recently purchased a Hankook set of tires from them and after I placed the order, within a day, the tires were delivered to the installer that I chose. Then, I had to wait for a gift card and I did not know that I was supposed to call them to let them know that the tires were there, so I would have gotten my gift card earlier to have my tires installed. I just automatically thought that it would be delivered to me within seven days, so I waited. Despite that, I still got to put on the tires with no harm or foul. The installers that I chose did a great job and they let me know if there was something wrong with my vehicle. They also updated me on the condition on my vehicle and they referred extra warranty for it.

Other than that, Purchasing Power's website is easy to use. It can be updated a little, but the front page where the user name and password go is fine. Also, their prices are a little more expensive, but that's because they're like a buy-here-pay-here kind of deal. They are like in the older days where you had to pay on time where you'd get the product then you'd pay every two weeks. By paying every two weeks, it's going to be a bit different, but there's no credit check. And it benefits me because I don't have to worry about filling out applications, then going and borrowing money.

Buying from them is convenient, too. If you're a Home Depot associate, you pay every two weeks. They used to have that one option where you could do the 26 payments. But now, they got it different where you can choose to pay it out earlier, even though it's at a higher cost, but you can pay it out within six months or so. And that's awesome for when you want to buy a laptop or a tablet, and you don't want lingering payments every two weeks coming out of your check and you want to get it on out of the way. Plus, if you decide to pay it out, you just give them a call and say so.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Through my employer, I got to know about Purchasing Power. I purchased a bed through them as well as a game for my boys. There have been several things over the last couple of years. You choose whatever items that you like and it'll just take you through the terms and let you know how much the payment is every month. The shipping is pretty fast as well. It's fine and it's fairly easy.

I usually use them around Christmastime. I'm not a shopper like as far as going to stores. If I find what I'm looking for on Purchasing Power, I'll get Christmas items there. It' the same if I see something that I like maybe another time during the year, but maybe once or twice. This last time, there was an issue with the shipper that was chosen to deliver. I wanted the package to be held at the UPS location near me because I knew I was gonna be out of town at the time and UPS didn't do that. They actually left it there. When I came home, the package wasn't there but it said "delivered". I wasn't even in the state. The representative took care of everything and whatever needed to be done. But my issue was with the deliverer and not Purchasing Power.

Also, the price is a little steeper with PurchasingPower. I compare pricing. If I see something somewhere online and it's cheaper, I would benefit better if I just buy it outright somewhere else. The only thing is with Purchasing Power, if you don't have the money right then, it's beneficial because you can pay for your purchase over time. It just depends on what's convenient for the person and whatever situation they're in. That aside, I haven't had any issues with the quality of the items that I've gotten so far. But I don't like the mattress of the bed that I purchased. It's just not as thick but it's just probably me not having knowledge and knowing what I'm reading.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Purchasing Power has been great. I love it. I can purchase things that I like and love and make the payment on them. When I was trying to order a laptop, it was still showing on the site and I kept pushing the button so I could get into my shopping cart but it wasn't going anywhere. Normally, it would tell me it was no longer available and it didn't say that. So I called regarding that and that was when I found out. But I was able to purchase another one similar to what I was looking for.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I purchased a lot of things from Purchasing Power and I had no problems until just recently. I ordered a sweater from Old Navy and it never got to me. But it's fine. I fixed it. It was good dealing with their customer service.2020 was my first year of buying from them. Some of the things that you see on it are $60 way cheaper if you go to the store. So some of the prices are too high but the quality is good.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I've purchased a vacuum, a floor cleaner and a washer dryer and I've never had any problems with Purchasing Power. This was my fourth time purchasing from them and I didn't have to speak to anybody. It was very fast and I didn't have any problems with the website. The price and quality were very nice.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I got a drill and a socket set online and their quality is perfect.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

When I order my items are exactly what I order. The operators are friendly and very knowledgeable about the service and products the delivery are smooth and helpful. And My family loves Purchasing Power. Best thing to my family. On time.

PurchasingPower.com Company Information