Atlanta, GA

4.5/5 (96 ratings)

About PurchasingPower.com

Purchasing Power is a financing program for employees of participating companies and organizations. It gives customers flexible purchasing options for various products and services by deducting payment from employee paychecks. It doesn’t charge for interest or late fees, and it doesn’t perform credit checks.

Top PurchasingPower.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

Verified

… What I like most about PurchasingPower is the ability to have just so much taken out of my paycheck every payday. This makes it easier to be able to purchase things and get some...

Verified

Shopping through PurchasingPower is more convenient. I heard about them through my job and so far I've bought tires and a TV from them. The items are of pretty good quality. Custo...

What is Purchasing Power?

Purchasing Power is a financing program that lets employees of participating companies make purchases without credit checks, late fees or interest charges. The company offers products from several top brands in home entertainment, appliances, fashion and more. Employees get their items upfront then make fixed payments for six to 12 months.

How does Purchasing Power work?

Companies pay Purchasing Power to get employee access to its interest-free program for appliance, technology, clothing, furniture and automotive purchases. An employee must have an account through an employer to view available discounts, products and pricing. You can sign up online to get started — once you make your first purchase, Purchasing Power deducts installments from your paycheck for six to 12 months to cover the cost.

Purchasing Power prices

Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its products may be more expensive than you’ll find with other retailers. It does offer some discounts, typically for first-time purchasers, and it has occasional sales and promotions. Purchasing Power payments are fixed and regularly deducted from employees’ paychecks, including sales tax. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge late fees.

Purchasing Power FAQ

Why is Purchasing Power expensive?
Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its prices are typically similar to or higher than what competitors offer. However, it doesn’t charge for financing or interest, and there are no late fees.
Who owns Purchasing Power?
Purchasing Power is owned by Flexpoint Ford, LLC.
Where is Purchasing Power available?
Purchasing Power is available nationwide. However, only employees of participating businesses qualify for purchases.
Can you pay off Purchasing Power early?
Yes, you can pay off your balance early. There are no hidden fees with Purchasing Power accounts.

Is Purchasing Power legit?

Purchasing Power is a legit company. The business is probably worth using if you’re an employee who wants to finance purchases without the charges that come with major credit cards, but this service is available only to staff of participating employers. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge interest, and it deducts installments from your paycheck to cover purchases, making it a convenient payment option for buyers.

PurchasingPower.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I really like Purchasing Power. It's a very similar program that I used with a previous employer. It's very easy to maneuver. It's good. When it comes to physical items, it's very simple to find. But when it comes to the travel aspect, it does get a little more complicated. There's not enough clarification on the travel aspect of it. For example, I recently booked a flight for a trip that I had. But there's no blueprints or information beforehand that tells you that you purchased a flight. You need to package it with another item. You have to book a hotel or a cruise for a flight. You can't purchase a flight singularly. It has to go with something else.

I booked a flight and a hotel. I have a cruise that I had already paid for. I planned to pay for the cruise through Purchasing Power. But what had happened was, I didn't find a cruise on the site, so I got it through another party. I just needed a transportation to get to the cruise for it. So I planned to purchase the flight and that was where I ran into the issue and I had to go back and get the hotel. But before that, I had purchased a laptop and the shipping was wonderful. It was very quick. Everything was really simple.

As far as payments go, I've had Purchasing Power call me or send me a notice saying that they haven't received my payment. It causes some unnecessary anxiety. I noticed that it's coming out of my payroll check for whatever the amount is that it's supposed to be. Every check is being deducted. So when I called, they said, "Oh, well, we understand. It's just your company hasn't sent us those funds." So my company holds on to them, and then we'll wait 30 or 60 days to send the check to Purchasing Power. But within that timeframe, they've reached out to me about this missing payment. It becomes frustrating because on my end, I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Maybe there's a way that they could follow up with the company first.

Get buying tips about Employee Incentive Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I love Purchasing Power. I’m a state worker so it comes with our benefit from the union. I bought a lot of stuff from there such as games for my kids, a couple of necklaces, and a hoverboard. I like how it is set up for you and how it just comes and takes the money out of my check every month. Right now, I bought over five things. They take probably $200 out a month, which is cool. It's not too much. Sometimes, PurchasingPower is pricey but it's just because of the payment method and how every month they take it out of your check. It's the convenience of it where instead of paying right then and there, you're paying over time. There has to be some type of interest because they have to make their money in some way too.

I just bought a PlayStation for my son. I don't have $700 right now to go buy one. Purchasing Power only takes not even $100 a month on my check for that. I like that. I might have to pay a little bit more but it is still worth it because I still got the PlayStation. Purchasing Power is a good thing to have sometimes, especially with how the economy is and everything's expensive. We can't really always get what we want. When I first started with this program, I loved it.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I went crazy on my first go-around. They’re good deals. I got a TV, a watch and a Michael Kors purse. The payments are awesome. Even though I racked up two grand, my payment is $83 every two weeks. I like the website too. You can find stuff easy on there. However, they don't have a lot of clothing collection. If you try to look for name brand tennis shoes, they don't have it. My TV was 1300 but if you look online for that same TV, it comes up to 900. There's a 300 difference because I'm paying through a payment plan. But it's not a big deal. Everything looks authentic as well.

When I first signed on to get a better understanding of my payments, I had to call and talk to someone about how much was coming out and how long it would take. It's not available for me on the website. Then when they start to pull those funds out, you will see it on your paycheck but it's not available under your account when you go in there. But it didn't take me long to get through the phone and the rep helped me out. I asked her a lot of questions and she answered them for me. She also threw extra stuff in. She was clear. Everything has been awesome. I can’t wait to go shopping again.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Purchasing Power has been very convenient and at the same time, producing good quality items. But sometimes, items may be shipped wrongly or may be misshipped with video games. It's bad. There was a game that I had to have misshipped two times. It was horrible. I want to return the dumbbell and the only issue I have is the return label. When you go to UPS and try to print it out, UPS can never send it out. I found that if you call Purchasing Power directly and just have them send the label to whatever UPS that customer's at, that process is a lot better. But other than that, Purchasing Power is awesome.

I really use Purchasing Power as a good option. But they could step up their Nike selection a little bit instead of selling out so fast in size 13 shoes. You have to go on their website and check daily. But I do too much to be able to check. They could have a feature in their app or they could send an email sent when the item comes back. Also, the customer's credit could be raised a little bit higher based on how long somebody has been with the company. I've been with them five years but my credit could be raised a lot higher. If it was raised a lot higher, that means shopping a lot more.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Purchasing Power has been amazing. We had a little hiccup when we merged with different companies. The payments weren't coming out like they used to out of my check. So, I called customer service and talked to somebody. I was paying with my debit card. But everything is smooth sailing now. The customer service was amazing. He listened to everything I had to say, gave me my options, and he was like, “Hey, I'm gonna keep calling you every two weeks until you get paid to see if you're capable of paying it.” If not, I could give him a date to where I can pay so I can lessen my stuff. He said he's still working on fixing the issue.

It's just the colognes that I used to get from them are no longer there. There are different varieties of Creed, and the Paco Rabanne 1 Million is my favorite. That is the only two that I really wanted, but they're not on there anymore. Other than that, everything’s been perfect with the quality of their products. It's like you walk into the store and buy something. They come in at a reasonable time. A lot of times, I can order it on Monday morning, and I get tracking the same day or first thing Tuesday. I never had any issues whatsoever with any item I purchased from there. Everything has been smooth sailing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Purchasing Power is affordable and easy. I don't have to spend a whole bunch of money at one time. Some of the prices are a little bit more but it's worth it. My purchases come in a timely fashion and everything is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

The self-service part of Purchasing Power was great. A lot of the products that I ordered were mostly electronics and they came with replacement plans for when something goes wrong. For others, you have to purchase those plans separately based on the product but most of the products that were outside of those larger brands came with those plans. For Christmas, I purchased my kids the bigger items that they wanted. The payments were extremely low and they were able to be drafted out of my payroll check every two weeks. I didn't have to send anything or track anything down. The shipping was extremely fast and secure and they didn't just leave those items on my porch.

Purchasing Power allows people who don't have access to funds for a full product and I told everybody about them. Being able to have those bi-weekly drafts, I sometimes even forget that the money was even taken. It is taken out before I can even get the check so that works perfectly for me. All the products were real. They were hundreds of brands and thousands of products that I would have never thought would be offered.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

Purchasing Power’s website was easy to search as well as make purchases. I purchased travel tickets, went to Vegas and had a good time.

PurchasingPower.com response

Thank you so much, Cherri, for taking the time to share your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your review as it helps us to continue providing the best service possible for our valuable customers.

Kind regards,

Purchasing Power, LLC

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Please do not buy any high end bags from purchasing power. I purchased two high end bag from them. The Gucci bag strap broken less than a year. I contacted Gucci. Gucci couldn’t not repair because it was not authentic. The second bag cost me 3100. I asked them for proof of purchase from the brand or an authorized dealer. They could not provide proof. The bags they are selling are not from the brand or an authorized dealer. Please do not shop at purchasing power. Customer service did nothing to help me. PLEASE DO NOT SHOP here.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Everything including the price is excellent with PurchasingPower. They have a lot of good selections.

PurchasingPower.com response

We are very grateful for your kind remarks, Lisa. We want to know that we’re meeting our customers’ expectations, so reviews like yours are sincerely appreciated.

Thank you once more for being a valued customer!

Sincerely,