3.12/5

Atlanta, GA

133 PurchasingPower.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2019

TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED. Approximately 6 weeks ago we got a KING SIZE bedroom set which cost $1,332.00. They added an additional $200-300 hundred dollars to put bedroom set together. The immediate problem was the dresser came with the wrong handles. However, they were quick on sending correct ones. One week ago I told my husband that the mattress was fitting right felt like I was going to slide right out of the bed. We adjusted the mattress, but didn't seem to help. Then I started hearing creaking noise so when I got home from work this morning looked under bed and notice one of the WOODEN legs (for the weight of box spring and mattress and 2 adults) had started to bend.

When my husband got home we took off mattress and box spring to see what the complete problem was. No only had leg start to bend the wood at the end of the slab was cracked but WORSE THE WOOD INSIDE SIDE RAIL IS CRACKED TOO!!! Hence the reason for mattress sliding down!!!! Please keep in mind we were charged several hundred dollars to have professionals to assemble. My husband is going to call them tomorrow since today is Sunday. If we don't receive IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE with this matter since I CAN NOT SLEEP IN MY OWN BED for which we paid a TOTAL OF $3,400. We will be filling a complaint with BBB and the Attorney Generals Office.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2019

On 4/3/19 I purchased two tires from Purchasing Power and the agreeing company Tire Buyer agreed to have the tires shipped to the tire facility of my choice. I contacted my installer (Tire City) on 3 different occasions and was told the tires were never shipped. My husband even went by Tire City for the installation and was told the same thing. After communicating with Purchasing Power over a month’s time I decided I wanted a refund since there was too much confusion with the shipment of the tires.

Purchasing Power agreed to the refund, as long as I mailed the installation gift card card back that was sent to cover the installation fee for the tires. The installation card was tracked on May 7th with confirmation that Purchasing Power received it. I called Purchasing Power on May 10th and was told it would take 7 days to credit my account. On today of May 18th I called back to Purchasing Power in regards to my credit/refund back to my account and was informed by a representative from the company that she would reach out to Tire Buyer to see if I never received the tires. I told her. "Ma’am, I have been dealing with this since April 3rd and I am fed up. I want my refund since this money is still being payroll deducted from my account.”

The representative told me she could not caller Tire Buyer on today since they are closed and I had to wait until Monday to hear something again. Purchasing Power has lied to me as a consumer over and over again. I call every week and no helps me! This money is still being deducted from my account and I want my 327.00 refund for the tires or I will pursue legal action. I even have emails from their representatives about crediting my account. I will never purchase again from this company and will notify my employer about the discrimination as mistreatment against Federal employees so they can discontinue the contract with Purchasing Power.

Get expert buying tips about Employee Incentive Programs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

I bought 4 $50 per gift cards and they charged $11 shipping. I didn't like it, but went ahead and ordered turn. I was very upset that ALL the cards arrived in the same package! I called to complain, and this was months ago, and njp once every responded. I have spent over 15,000 with them in last few years and I was happy until now.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I ordered a bedroom set through Purchasing Power on March 22nd for which they started taking payments out of my payroll immediately. The bedroom set was finally scheduled for delivery on May 1st after many calls to Purchasing Power where I was repeatedly told that I had to wait for the carrier to contact me. The carrier finally contacted me the last week in April and advised me to remove all of my old bedroom furniture to make room for the new which was scheduled for delivery on May 1st. On the day the furniture was delivered, I did not receive the dresser to the bedroom set nor could the delivery team provide any information on when the dresser would be delivered or why I was not informed that it wasn't in stock. I was then told by the deliverer that someone would call me that same day with an update and after two days no one contacted me.

When I reached out to Purchasing Power on May 3rd I was told that they had no further updates and had to wait for the vendor to provide them with additional info. I asked to speak to a manager and was told by the Purchasing Power rep that I could not speak to anyone other than her. When I inquired how a customer of a company for 15 years could be denied access to a manager, I was connected with a supervisor who informed me that the dresser had been damaged during delivery and that they were waiting for the company to either repair or replace the dresser. At this point I am paying for something that I don't even have with no idea of when I will have the item. Worst customer service experience ever. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM PURCHASING POWER!

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Umeko! Thank You for providing the opportunity to resolve your concern. If you have any further concerns or questions please reach out to the specialist during the hours of Monday-Thursday 10:30am-6:00pm and Friday 10:30am-1pm EST.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Placed an order for 3 items, uploaded the documents that were needed. A few hours later I found the items for about $200 less than this company charged. My order still said pending and the documents had not even been reviewed yet so I called to cancel. Lo and behold my order could not be cancelled because it had already been submitted to the vendor so I will have to return the items and be charged $35 PER ITEM!!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PurchasingPower.com?

Original review: April 8, 2019

I work for a local government and pay many, many bills each month. Out of all of my accounts, I have no other account that compares in terms of ridiculous late fees. They have a due date of the 15th of each month but do not accept postmark, check date etc. as the paid date. They determine if your payment is one time based on when they receive it.

So if there is any issue with mail or THEIR DELAYED PROCESSING, they charge a $30 late fee. I have called several times to discuss this fee and they refuse to remove it. I also randomly end up with mysterious finance charges calculated by their extremely high APR. Also if you call them you are on hold for a really long time. I'm surprised that a well known-company like Pitney Bowes does not have other finance options. I am so sick of dealing with them that I plan on canceling my account and using our other credit cards to replenish our account. They are thieves.

Original review: April 4, 2019

So I recently ordered the Beautyrest Recharge memory foam mattress from Purchasing Power. They shipped out a Beautyrest silver innerspring mattress that retails for 450-500.00. It was nowhere near comparable in Price or materials. I paid 850.00 for my mattress alone, and as I said they tried to ship a cheaper mattress. When I called to complain Charmayne ** said it would be handled. She would either ship the right mattress or contact me the next day with the brand that was comparable.

4 days later and no contact. I go back to our Purchasing Powers site, and lo and behold the mattress I ordered is still for sale. I call back to ask why I didn't receive any contact, and why was an item they told me was no longer available was still for sale on the site. At that time I was told the item was still in stock, and was only told that it was cancelled. Currently on hold with the company. I've spent over 5,000.00 with this company over the course of a year, and never made a late payment. Purchasing Power cheats its customers.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I notified them numerous times that they weren't taking out my weekly payment like they were supposed too. After 4 months they turned my account over to a collection agency. Stay away from Purchasing Power if you can. Nothing but headaches for you.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have used this program, and generally been happy with it. Their prices are inflated, but that's a trade-off for the convenience of payroll deduction. I normally access my account through my phone. However, recently my phone went dead and I'm waiting on a replacement. Tried to access my account via my desktop. Their system didn't recognize it, and required verification via a code sent to my phone.

When I tried to log in, I didn't remember the right password. Their system allowed me to CHANGE MY PASSWORD VIA MY EMAIL. I contacted customer service, and they are refusing access to my account, because I don't have a working phone to send a code to. So, I can change my account password via email, yet they can't use my email to send a verification code? I'm taking my business elsewhere.

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi ! We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your order. We have made attempts to reach you via the contact information located on your account to assist further, however have been unsuccessful in reaching you. We want to ensure this concern is resolved. Please advise if there is a better way to reach you, or you're welcome to contact us at your earliest convenience for further assistance Monday-Friday 8:00am-10:00pm EST. Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm EST.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I have ordered numerous items from Purchasing Power thru work. I really think everything is ridiculous overpriced. It was only this year that all of a sudden they raised my payments up. I finally paid my account off but they keep deducting same amount from my payroll. This is the 3rd time. I keep calling them every 2 weeks and they promise that this will be the last time and they will take care of it. I will no longer be ordering from them. And I'm even considering a lawsuit.

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Grechen! Thank You for providing the opportunity to resolve your concern. If you have any further concerns or questions please reach out to the specialist during the hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-10:00pm EST. Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm EST.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a 7 day Cruise package from Purchasing Power on December 24, 2018. I received the package via Postal Service Mail on December 31, 2019. The package stated I had to call HotelBlox which is a 3rd party booking Company located in Illinois. Due to the holidays I had to email the documents to HotelBlox. I submitted the documents to the company on January 3, 2019 and called to confirm 10 minutes later to see if they received the email. The representative responded yes and that the paperwork would be processed.

I didn't hear anything back for 30 days so I called on March 3, 2019 to no avail. I then called back on February 3, 2019. I finally was able to speak to a HotelBlox agent after several attempts of sending emails and making calls. The representative stated they're still working on submitting booking information to Carnival. I waited another 30 days which would be March 3, 2019. I stated to the representative it's getting close to the cruising date which was set to sail April 20, 2019. She stated they had 45 days to submit the information. I stated, "That's not what your policy stated." It says the consumer has up until 45 days to submit documents before the cruise. Once again she stated they're working on it. I also contacted Purchasing Power stating that they would escalate the call. That was 3 weeks ago.

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Sherrell! Thank You for providing the opportunity to resolve your concern to make things right and apologize for your experience. If you have any further concerns or questions please reach out to the specialist during the hours of Monday-Thursday 10:30am-6:00pm and Friday 10:30am-1pm EST.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased an advertised iPhone 8 plus unlocked through Purchasing Power and the vendor that they used sold me a locked phone!!! It took me 7 hours between Apple, Purchasing Power and my phone company to only find out that the vendor sold a defective phone. The IMEI was bad, they are overly priced and seem to not have any real solutions for falsely advertising the phone as unlocked and universal to all major carriers. Purchasing Power is only the middle man. They do not actually sell items. The customer service rep told me that they are not able to contact vendor unless in escalation. I was so irritated and disgusted with the whole situation only to be told, "We will send a new phone but can not guarantee the same issue won’t happen again." Apple even told me that this has occurred several times from a Purchasing Power customer.

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Sangria! Thank You for providing the opportunity to resolve your concern. If you have any further concerns or questions please reach out to the specialist during the hours of Monday-Thursday 10:30am-6:00pm and Friday 10:30am-1pm EST.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

In 2017 I purchased several items on one order. A day or two later I was checking on the status of my order when I realized that for the 65" 4k Samsung curve I selected 2 as the quantity. I called customer service to explain and they told me that when the products were delivered to just refuse one. Which is what my husband did, and once the product was returned then it would come off of my balance.

It's been over a year now and what seems like a gazillion phone conversations from "as soon as we hear back from the vendor that it was returned" to "yes it was returned" and then later to "I'm seeing that both products were delivered" and a lot of rehearsed apologies, and "can I put you on hold while I check on this" and promised returned calls, I still haven't been reimbursed. I have been using PurchasingPower for as long as I can remember and have bought over 50 grand in products. Sadly, I feel like this company has become complacent with the way it treats their customers when they have an issue. I now cannot get through to anyone via phone or email!

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Kelly! Thank You for providing the opportunity to resolve your concern. If you have any further concerns or questions please reach out to the specialist during the hours of Monday-Thursday 10:30am-6:00pm and Friday 10:30am-1pm EST.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Every time I place an order with them, they send incomplete address information to the carriers and I don’t get my order... EVERY TIME. I pay for shipping yet end up having to pick up my orders at the FedEx or UPS hubs. You call them and get the runaround and nothing is fixed. Fed Up...

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Tim! Thank You for providing the update and want to ensure you continue to have a positive experience with Purchasing Power. Please advise if the issue occurs again by contacting the specialist during the hours of Monday-Thursday 10:30am-6:00pm and Friday 10:30am-1pm EST. Thank You for the opportunity to assist with the concern.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My first experience was a train wreck but the sake of convenience I tried again. My second purchase was fine, the pricing was ridiculous but again, convenient. This last purchase was horrible. I made a purchase which I received long after I was supposed to and lo and behold it was damaged. They sent out another over a month later. Never picked up the damaged product and continue till this day charging me for both items. It's been 4 months. Tons of calls which by the way you're on HOLD forever. Only to hear, "I apologize, my team dropped the ball" from every single Rep. It's like it's scripted. Legally I am going to take a stance because clearly they are in breach of contract. If you have other options to make purchases I would advise you to use them... I am a VERY dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased a sofa back in Dec. 2018. The delivery failed because the sofa wouldn't fit through my door due to a wall near the door of my apartment made it impossible to fit through. The sofa was returned to the delivery warehouse. I called about having it removed from my account. Long story short I was charged $1000+ with cost of sofa plus freight and delivery charges. My deduction (refund) to my account was less than $200.00. I will be discussing this with HCS finance department and will be telling my fellow educators to stay away from this company. Once this mess is paid off, I will NEVER purchase another thing from this company. Truly disgusted with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Buyers Beware!!! I purchased 2 14k gold rope necklaces which were 20 inches... They ended up too small and I took them to my Jeweler to get them made longer... Before he did the work. He tested then and said that they were gold plated. I said. "You're kidding..." I was going to be paying 600 dollars for them. I called customer service and they stated that 14k yellow gold means it's not real. I stated that there are different colors of gold. I buy real jewelry all the time. I stated that all your jewelry that is gold plated states that it is on the website. This jewelry states 14k gold... I was upset. I stated why would I pay 600 a piece for the necklaces if they weren't real. This company disputed me to the fullest and basically said I should have known they weren't real gold... Then they stated that I will still have to pay the shipping and handling return fee of 35 dollars a piece. Shipping for both when purchased was 40 altogether... RIPOFFS.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Where do I start? The customer service is very lacking. I recently was approved for a certain amount of spending credit. I was going to do payroll deductions, so I sent them a copy of my paystub. When I did that, my spending limit changed. They did not tell me that. No email, nothing! So I set up my payroll deduction in the amount that they asked. Well when they got my paystub, the amount of credit changed and they didn’t bother to email me. How are you supposed to run a business like that? No communication with the customer? I bet if I missed a payment they would have gotten in touch with me! Stay away from this company, their business ethics are in question!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I placed an order and they stated that if I ordered before Dec 17th I should receive my products before Christmas. They are still not here and I ordered on the 12. Now I have to scramble to get these gifts for my son somewhere else. They won't allow me to cancel. Horrible, horrible service. I recommend using other services that will deliver on time and cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After reading reviews I was worried but the whole process went smoothly and shipping was fast. The only gripe is that the prices are stupid. I don't care because the convenience of it all makes it worth it, but some of the items are really overpriced.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I tried to purchase an item but decided to change it for a bigger size, unfortunately there’s no option at all to cancel an order once purchased. The worst part about it is, you have to wait for the item to get to you (hoping you receive it before they start charging) then once you finally receive the wrong item, you’re supposed to return it back but you have to pay 35$ or up and it’s non-refundable. Really bad business. I called and spoke to them about how in their help section it says as long as the item is not yet processed I’d be able to cancel. But nope. Even when my item was still being processed there is NO way at all to cancel. So that was so misleading. Now I’m stuck here waiting for an item that might not even come in time and be charged still for it. They already charge double the market price and still they won’t even let this one slide. Shame. My first time using them and it’s already a bad experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for years. Anything that I have purchased through payroll deduction has been paid in full. I had an issue where I needed to file Chapter 13. Which has nothing to do with this company. My Chapter 13 has since been discharged, and tried to order something for Christmas for my granddaughter, but I was told I am no longer eligible for the purchasing power program. It really hurt because I have always done good business with them. I begged them for another chance. That is all I ask for...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a very expensive trampoline for my kids for Christmas. When the items came, the packaging was severely damaged with pieces hanging out of the box. I called to report the damage and ask that if I was missing any items if they would be able to send me the items missing as I would not be setting up the trampoline until spring (it’s Winter in MN now). I was told I would have to inspect all parts now due to their 30 day return policy. I did not plan to open the box prior to set up and I do not plan to return the item. Just asking for some guarantee that when I do open it, if a part is missing, they will be responsible! Not going to happen I guess. So I will bundle up, head outside to open the 3 boxes it was shipped in and check all parts in the freezing cold out in the snow. Not a happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have been using Purchasing Power for several years through my employer. I've bought many electronics with no issues. 1. You will absolutely pay a HUGE amount of "interest", comparative to costly payday loans. They jack up the prices at LEAST double the actual price of the electronic. Example as of 111918, a 15 in. screen ACER Chromebook on Amazon is 199.00... On Purchasing Power currently, it is 420.00. The interest is built into the price and they are screwing you. 2. Payroll deductions - I have always had payroll deductions. For my last purchase, I started getting the deductions doubled. 80 became 160. When you live paycheck to paycheck, this is an issue! I needed that 80 for rent or bills or groceries. But I had payroll deductions, my items were paid off in the year.

3. Recently - I went to use my account, but got an error code to see my spending limit. I chatted with someone who told me my spending limit but said I needed to contact Account Recovery to get my account reinstated. I called them, and was informed I did not pay off my items and went into collections, was charged off and I can no longer (ever ever) use Purchasing Power (EVER). I said, "But I had payroll deductions, you got more than what I should have paid due to the double deductions, how could I be charged off." The girl on the phone (LaKesha or LaQuisha) was incredibly rude, was not trained for my situation, considering it was very different, just kept saying "I don't know, it says this, it's this." "You have to settle with the collection company but that won't reinstate your account."

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was denied, "we are all trained to say the same thing". "You won't get another answer". In conclusion - if you want extra high prices and rude customer service this is the company for you to use. If not, save your money and pay cash. They aren't worth the headache. I will be writing to the corporate offices as well to let them know of their horrendous service. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Products are great however the prices are way overpriced. You pay up to three times as much. They do prey on the needed by offering no credit and job deduction with working for a government agency. We are pay way under with make PurchasingPower good in one way but very hard on the pocket by overpricing and taking advantage of a person unfortunate situation. I am sure we will be seeing a class action lawsuit due the excessive overpricing. Until then I will use them because I have no choice. I am overworked and underpaid and this company allows you to purchase with no question asked.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I just purchased an 80 dollar item off from purchasing power. Not even 4 minutes after the order I decided to cancel as I immediately found another item on their page that was better than what I first found. I went to cancel the order which again was at this point less than 10 minutes after the order and their page stated that as long as the order was not processed the item could be canceled. However there was no cancel option even though the page shows where it should be.

I decided to reach out to them by chat. The person I spoke with by the name of Levi stated that the item could only be returned and not canceled and that it would cost me 35 dollars. I asked why I could not return it as I just got it which at the point is now 10 minutes later. He said because the item is pending and you cannot cancel any item that is pending or has finished processing.

I told him that the web page says you cannot cancel an order if the order was processed. This is what your faq page states. He repeated again that it could not be canceled. I asked if it was worth losing a customer over 35 dollars and bad customer service even though I was well within their guidelines on the cancellation. He thank me for my feedback and told me he would leave it in the notes. I also told him that the system auto changes to pending the moment you make your order so that means you can never cancel an order. I then told him thank you and once I return this item I will be canceling my account. Let it be known also that I have not gotten the "Your order is processed" email. I will be saving it and leaving a review.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I ordered some $100 iTunes gift cards that were $120.49 each and $6 for shipping, 2 weeks later they advertised free shipping, so I ordered more, I didn't realize until after that they jacked the price up to $126.49 so basically just added the shipping in. So I returned the 8 cards and they charged me $35 plus tax as a return fee for each card. I called before I sent, they just said ok to return, didn't advise on no fees, called after I seen the fees and they refused to do anything about it. Bad for them being I have spent $17,000 on different purchases over the past few years, NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from them.

PurchasingPower.com response

Hi Stanley! Thank you for the opportunity to resolved your issue regarding your order. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I had a stroke at work, I am in Short Term Disability. I asked them if I could pause the monthly payments while I catch up on my finances. I am @70% pay and not able to pay all my bills including power if they take from my paycheck. I explained that I would be homeless because I could not afford my rent after purchase power deductions. They gave me the runaround then flat out refused me. Do not order from them! I am telling every co worker I come into contact with, and we are a large company! Treat me like I am some kind of bum? I had a stroke, prior to that I had already purchased and paid off over 15,000 worth of merchandise. Thanks for not caring about your customers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018
Hi. I purchased a vacation with Purchase Power (Purchasing Power). I purchased something with them before, and they were pretty good. But this time, it was horrible. After calling three different times on three different occasions, three different representatives said they will send me an update. No one has sent me an update. And I purchased this product or this vacation on September 22nd, 2018. It is now October the 15th, 2018. I have not received any confirmation in regards to my flight. And then now, I'm afraid and beginning to wonder if I'm really gonna go on vacation, which I've never been anywhere. So, I wanted to go to Las Vegas, and they're gonna charge me $1,000 and take it out of my pay every month. I'm very, very frustrated with Purchase Power and HotelBlocks.com. Every time I call, I even try to respond to them to -- the chat line. And after being on the line with the lady for 25 minutes, she basically told me the same thing that each person I've talked to told me. They will get back with me, update me via phone or e-mail. And each time, no one has called me. Even the day when I tried to call them and the automated system said that it'll be seven minutes and they will call me back, 25 minutes have went by, I did not get a call, so I had to, in turn, call them back again. I'm very, very upset with this. I've been with them for a year, and me being a valued customer, I felt I...
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I purchased tickets for a cruise. They were accidentally destroyed. They have a unique number on them so it can easily be verified that the tickets were not used yet they say they could not replace the tickets. 2,000 dollars gone to waste.

PurchasingPower.com Company Information