Atlanta, GA

4.6/5 (103 ratings)

About PurchasingPower.com

Purchasing Power is a financing program for employees of participating companies and organizations. It gives customers flexible purchasing options for various products and services by deducting payment from employee paychecks. It doesn’t charge for interest or late fees, and it doesn’t perform credit checks.

Top PurchasingPower.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

Verified

… What I like most about PurchasingPower is the ability to have just so much taken out of my paycheck every payday. This makes it easier to be able to purchase things and get some...

Verified

Shopping through PurchasingPower is more convenient. I heard about them through my job and so far I've bought tires and a TV from them. The items are of pretty good quality. Custo...

What is Purchasing Power?

Purchasing Power is a financing program that lets employees of participating companies make purchases without credit checks, late fees or interest charges. The company offers products from several top brands in home entertainment, appliances, fashion and more. Employees get their items upfront then make fixed payments for six to 12 months.

How does Purchasing Power work?

Companies pay Purchasing Power to get employee access to its interest-free program for appliance, technology, clothing, furniture and automotive purchases. An employee must have an account through an employer to view available discounts, products and pricing. You can sign up online to get started — once you make your first purchase, Purchasing Power deducts installments from your paycheck for six to 12 months to cover the cost.

Purchasing Power prices

Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its products may be more expensive than you’ll find with other retailers. It does offer some discounts, typically for first-time purchasers, and it has occasional sales and promotions. Purchasing Power payments are fixed and regularly deducted from employees’ paychecks, including sales tax. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge late fees.

Purchasing Power FAQ

Why is Purchasing Power expensive?
Purchasing Power isn’t a discount program, so its prices are typically similar to or higher than what competitors offer. However, it doesn’t charge for financing or interest, and there are no late fees.
Who owns Purchasing Power?
Purchasing Power is owned by Flexpoint Ford, LLC.
Where is Purchasing Power available?
Purchasing Power is available nationwide. However, only employees of participating businesses qualify for purchases.
Can you pay off Purchasing Power early?
Yes, you can pay off your balance early. There are no hidden fees with Purchasing Power accounts.

Is Purchasing Power legit?

Purchasing Power is a legit company. The business is probably worth using if you’re an employee who wants to finance purchases without the charges that come with major credit cards, but this service is available only to staff of participating employers. Purchasing Power doesn’t perform credit checks or charge interest, and it deducts installments from your paycheck to cover purchases, making it a convenient payment option for buyers.

PurchasingPower.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PurchasingPower.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Purchasing Power?

Original review: July 10, 2022

I went crazy on my first go-around. They’re good deals. I got a TV, a watch and a Michael Kors purse. The payments are awesome. Even though I racked up two grand, my payment is $83 every two weeks. I like the website too. You can find stuff easy on there. However, they don't have a lot of clothing collection. If you try to look for name brand tennis shoes, they don't have it. My TV was 1300 but if you look online for that same TV, it comes up to 900. There's a 300 difference because I'm paying through a payment plan. But it's not a big deal. Everything looks authentic as well.

When I first signed on to get a better understanding of my payments, I had to call and talk to someone about how much was coming out and how long it would take. It's not available for me on the website. Then when they start to pull those funds out, you will see it on your paycheck but it's not available under your account when you go in there. But it didn't take me long to get through the phone and the rep helped me out. I asked her a lot of questions and she answered them for me. She also threw extra stuff in. She was clear. Everything has been awesome. I can’t wait to go shopping again.

Get buying tips about Employee Incentive Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Purchasing Power has been very convenient and at the same time, producing good quality items. But sometimes, items may be shipped wrongly or may be misshipped with video games. It's bad. There was a game that I had to have misshipped two times. It was horrible. I want to return the dumbbell and the only issue I have is the return label. When you go to UPS and try to print it out, UPS can never send it out. I found that if you call Purchasing Power directly and just have them send the label to whatever UPS that customer's at, that process is a lot better. But other than that, Purchasing Power is awesome.

I really use Purchasing Power as a good option. But they could step up their Nike selection a little bit instead of selling out so fast in size 13 shoes. You have to go on their website and check daily. But I do too much to be able to check. They could have a feature in their app or they could send an email sent when the item comes back. Also, the customer's credit could be raised a little bit higher based on how long somebody has been with the company. I've been with them five years but my credit could be raised a lot higher. If it was raised a lot higher, that means shopping a lot more.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Purchasing Power has been amazing. We had a little hiccup when we merged with different companies. The payments weren't coming out like they used to out of my check. So, I called customer service and talked to somebody. I was paying with my debit card. But everything is smooth sailing now. The customer service was amazing. He listened to everything I had to say, gave me my options, and he was like, “Hey, I'm gonna keep calling you every two weeks until you get paid to see if you're capable of paying it.” If not, I could give him a date to where I can pay so I can lessen my stuff. He said he's still working on fixing the issue.

It's just the colognes that I used to get from them are no longer there. There are different varieties of Creed, and the Paco Rabanne 1 Million is my favorite. That is the only two that I really wanted, but they're not on there anymore. Other than that, everything’s been perfect with the quality of their products. It's like you walk into the store and buy something. They come in at a reasonable time. A lot of times, I can order it on Monday morning, and I get tracking the same day or first thing Tuesday. I never had any issues whatsoever with any item I purchased from there. Everything has been smooth sailing.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I usually use Purchasing Power because it allows me to do my payments over time. I’ve purchased all kinds of things. I got a television, a gaming system, jewelry, toys for my grandkids, outdoor games and furniture. Ordering seems to be pretty straightforward for me. I don't usually have any problems because I'm familiar with it. The delivery’s been great. I was very impressed this year. I ordered all the toys and everything I was going to order for my grandkids through Purchasing Power because I was afraid of the supply issues that were happening. So a few weeks back, I ordered everything all at once for both children, had it sent in and even before the money started coming out of my paycheck, I was seeing deliveries. So, I was really impressed that they were happening so quickly.

Also, the quality of the items is really good. I like the quality. I've usually shared about Purchasing Power with all my friends and family. I have people ask me all the time, “How are you able to do that?” I always tell them that it's very easy. There's a lot of variety. The prices tend to be comparable. It may be slightly higher than what you would find in retail and stores. But I don't have to bother with interest rates on my credit cards and things like that. So, I'm very pleased that I don't have to worry about that aspect of it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I ordered an electric fireplace from PurchasingPower.com and everything was perfect. But I just got a new dresser and it was not perfect. It has a hole on the bottom. I told the people that delivered it that I would have to check it all out. And they said, "No, they just do threshold delivery." It was just disappointing to get that and it weighed 150 pounds. So, it wasn't something I could lift by myself. They shined a light through the holes and said, "It looks fine. I'm not happy about this." The guy did notate that the box had two holes on the packing on his shipper information. It has a gouge in one of the drawers and a crack and a big hole on the bottom. It didn't affect the drawers, it's just that false bottom that goes across just to give it a finished look. But it looks like a forklift went through it. It obviously happened during the shipping.

I couldn't even use a regular box cutter on it. It was like this heavy-duty box. So, I left work to meet the delivery team and had to go back to work. So, when I got home that evening, that's when it all came to light. I took pictures and I went online to where I could go to make that known. I've emailed them a couple of different times and I've put all that information in there, but no one has contacted me. Other than that, I love the quality of my purchases. The furniture and process themselves are wonderful. And the dresser is really heavy and bigger than I thought it would be. So, I was very pleased with that.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I've gotten some security cameras, a hammock, a firepit, and a mattress from them. It was really easy to purchase from them. I was really satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I had a co-worker that spoke to me about PurchasingPower and his experience with it and it led me to browse around. I found something that I liked and I liked the convenience of it. I got a PlayStation 5. They're marked up a little more than wherever they would be somewhere else, but the ordering process was quick and easy. I would recommend it if people want the convenience and not have to pay something in full right then and there.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I did one purchase and it went well. It was affordable. So now, I keep using it. Anytime I have questions about anything, even if I'm trying to order something and I need help with the type of things I'm looking for, they'll really help me order the correct thing that I'm looking for.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I purchased a smartwatch and some coffee mugs. The quality is good. The price of the watch was a little too high, but the convenience of the payment coming out of my check is the price you pay.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I purchased some luggage from Purchasing Power and everything went well. But they should lower their prices and offer more travel packages.

PurchasingPower.com Company Information