2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Liquidation.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liquidation.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liquidation.com?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I am new to the reselling world but after researching and weighing the risks I decided to take a chance on ordering from Liquidation.com. I ordered a pallet of customer returns, having researched and talked to other people who have ordered from them I felt confident that I would be able to at the very least get my money back and possibly make a few bucks. I figured it would be a learning experience and I was aware that I was taking a risk that I would be getting a percentage of items that would be used or possibly not working. Most people that I talked to said that I could count on around 10 to 20% of items being used condition or possibly not working. I felt that I would be ok and would still at the very least make my money back and also get an idea of what to expect on future orders.

After receiving the pallet I would say that maybe 50% of items are resalable if that. One item was a damaged open box that had a toaster oven in it that was probably 10 years old - total loss, I received 4 microwaves none of which worked at all 2 were destroyed (falling apart) and 1 was not working and 1 was an old microwave that was thrown in a box that had not insides and was like a Walmart $50.00 microwave when it was new. The rest of the pallet was air fryers half of which did not work. Total loss! I think I maybe have 5 items that I was able to resell and they were cheap air fryers. Spent $900.00 all in.

I called customer service because I felt that the listing was misrepresented, I bought a customer return pallet NOT a salvage pallet! I feel like I got 80% salvage and that it not an exaggeration. They told me that was the risk that you take and that they could put in a claim but that the sellers would not do anything about it. I feel like I was 100% misled and I will not be doing business with them again. I caution anyone thinking of buying from this company that you will not get what you pay for. I knew I was taking a chance but as I stated above, this was a salvage pallet not a customer return pallet. Lesson Learned!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I was looking for a place where I could buy pallets for my Ebay business and came across Liquidation.com. thought I would give it a try and found a lot of baby clothes that were adorable. Did my due diligence and read through the manifest, description of what I'd be getting and photos. Everything was listed as new and were supposedly "overstock" items. I figured all in at 400.00 total could easily make my money back plus a little more. I enjoy selling things and realize I'm not going to make millions doing it. I was so excited when the box arrived and couldn't wait to see all the cute clothes.

When I opened the box I almost threw up. Not sure where this box had come from but all I can say is it smelled as if it had been sitting in a musty basement for years. All of the clothes I received were not what I was shown. Out of 100 onesies I had 5 that were okay. Most were missing female end of snaps, stained and looked liked they were ones that came off the line messed up. No tags to tell me what size they were and not 100% cotton as promised. I am very disappointed that this company seems to keep doing this and getting away with scamming people out of their hard-earned money.

The clothes that were in this box were so nasty I wouldn't give them away. Please stay away from the company. I'm sure not all the sellers are this way but don't trust enough to even try again. If you're buying from them beware. Don't buy from a marketplace seller, Beauty Breeze. Not only did they do a bait and switch on me but the clothes they did send me were so poorly made that if a snap ever fell off it could be dangerous for a infant, stay away.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

This is how it works. I know, first hand. Upon arrival from Amazon, for example to Liquidation.com, each product received is inventoried. Immediate, the "good" is separated from the bad, during the inventory process. The highly resellable items are separated on to color coded and numbered pallets, known as "premiums." Those are NEVER sold on the auction site. Those are 1st offered to some key employees, very cheap, then they are put on the "like new" website, many resold on Amazon & Ebay.

The remainder after the initial QC, these are not on the 'PREMUIM' pallets are sold "as is" on the auction site. Some items are accidents put on the auction pallets that are in "Good or Premium" condition and are re-sellable and some are left intentionally, as they've got too many or they do not sell well even as premiums. Some are transported back for auction sale after 45 days, if they, for any reason, were not sold. Some suckered on the Auction end, will end up with it. You'll never, ever get what's described, it is, a SCAM. Actually, its criminal. Also, to make matters worse, the company charges double the shipping charges to you, the buyer and they use independent contractors to handle the merchandise and get this one, they also pick through your stuff and steal it, before it gets to you. PT Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Pros: The product is nice and they give manifests. Cons: You WILL get conned if you let them ship for you. I'm sharing this story so no one else gets extorted or scammed. We are a small business just starting out. We leased warehouse space WITH A DOCK for our pallet purchasing. We purchased two auctions from Liquidation.com. One a set of 10 pallets of returns from Home Depot and the second a set of 14 pallets from Home Depot. We decided to let them arrange shipping and paid $400 per load to have them go to our warehouse 20 miles away from the Liquidation.com Warehouse in Plainfield Indiana. We saw on our transaction for the 14 pallets 2 PRO numbers but no shipper information. Spent 2 days trying to get liquidation.com to tell us who had these loads to get them scheduled. Never once got them to respond.

Finally got through and was told that UPS had our shipment and they would be calling us to schedule. Our second load did not show shipped for the 10 pallets so we focused on the loads they showed were shipped. Unfortunately they entered the pallet tracking backwards. Our 14 pallet load was with some unnamed shipping company (they STILL won't release the name of this company) and the 10 pallets turned out to be with UPS. Turns out the 14 pallets shipped NOT the 10 so the UPS tracking numbers were useless.

We didn't get the Pro number for unnamed company until AFTER our load was scheduled. The scheduler told us they would deliver between noon and 1. We sat on our dock for 4 hours waiting. No truck and no one to contact. Finally get a call from a guy who barely spoke English stating Liquidation.com was running HOURS behind on loading him and he wouldn't make his scheduled time. He asked to deliver after 5 pm. We explained to him that after 5pm people started parking on the street and that would make it narrow for his truck to pull in. We were told we'd be charged if we didn't agree to take it anyway. We agreed but told them they had to figure out how to maneuver the cars.

Truck finally arrives around 5. Driver gets out, speaks on the phone to his dispatch in a foreign language for a good hour then comes back and says we need to figure something out because he can't get back to our dock. Also were told they'd charge us or keep our load if we didn't figure it out for them. We tried to get ahold of liquidation.com because this was starting to look like outright theft or extortion. They didn't answer. The trucking company says they can come back at night but they are going to have to move our stuff out of their semi into box trucks and we'll have to load manually into our dock. We agree and stay until 2 am unloading this truck in the most bizarre set of rules I've ever seen.

At this point they've now got two of their trucks being used. They then won't let us look at the last 4 pallets and tell us they are too heavy to move by hand and we need a forklift. As a small business, we do not have a forklift. They tell us they will take our last 4 pallets (that they refused to let us see) and come back the next day and we'd better have a forklift to unload directly in front of our dock. We pay the expense to get the forklift dropped to us, pay to get quickly forklift certified, and pay for more man hours to get these last 4 mysterious pallets. We again explained, all loads need to be scheduled so when they came back they needed to schedule it so someone would be there.

The second day rolls around and these jokers call to say they are 10 minutes away. It's an unmanned warehouse. No one is within 10 minutes and the forklift certs weren't in place since we were renting on the fly. We tell them they were told to schedule the load and that we could have staff available and the dock available at noon. They agree. Ironically, they pull right into our dock and even offer to pull up to our dock with THE SAME TRUCK THEY SAID THE DAY BEFORE COULDN'T get into our dock! The forklift wasn't needed and they were DEFINITELY lying about the day before. We had no choice, we get our last 4 pallets that DID NOT NEED A FORKLIFT, watch the driver turn around in our dock and drive away no problems.

The next day we get a very unprofessional email from Liquidation.com saying we owe them another $2000 or they are cutting off our supplier account with them and appear to be telling UPS to withhold our second paid for lot. In case anyone doesn't realize it, this is ILLEGAL and considered extortion to harm a small business by cutting off their supply chain to force bogus charges to be paid. It's also blackmail because at this point we have already paid for the second "missing" load from UPS and they are being instructed NOT to schedule with us or contact us.

They claim the reason we owe them $2000 is because we didn't have a commercial loading dock (WE DO) and they "had to wait on our forklift" (they didn't and it wasn't needed). I stated our case to Liquidation.com and they persisted with their extortion attempts and blackmail. We have the interaction on our security cameras and are able to prove it's a commercial loading dock and the driver was able to gain access no problem on the second day after lying to us the first and costing us a ton of money we didn't have for man hours and forklift rental. Liquidation.com doesn't want to hear it and they are persisting in being unscrupulous. They will not release a valid invoice stating the trucking company is charging them these charges, the name of the trucking company, or any of that company's information so we can submit our dispute directly.

Buyer beware! They do not like competition. If you take truckloads, they will try to tank you before your business starts and apparently aren't above extortion or blackmail with their trucking companies. We are still owed our second truck and they have cut off our ability to purchase further items so we are left with a gap in our supply chain. We are also left with man hours we couldn't afford, a forklift we couldn't afford, and a forklift training certification class we couldn't afford. These people are dishonest in every fashion when it comes to their shipping department.

We have purchased from them before and we picked up from them and it was great. We moved up to purchasing full and half trucks from them and it was a mistake. They totally scammed us with the help of the trucking agency. Their shipping department doesn't return calls, nor accurately provide tracking or contact information and they do expect you to blindly accept loads 24-7 no questions asked. Most people buying from them are small businesses and can't man a dock 24-7 nor is it safe to accept unscheduled loads so these guys are full of it. Save yourself some hassle, ignore their lies on "extreme unboxing" (which was staged from what I can see) and know they aren't, in our experience and opinion, an honest company nor do they deal with honest shippers.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Here's my experience. I understand that you are buying in bulk and some items might not be the exact match. But this seller flat out scammed me. 100% of the items received did not match the photos shown on the bid nor was even a same grade. The seller had wedding grade jewelries and other fashion jewelries with gems and fine metal. All 540 items I received were made with fabrics and plastic and skulls as opposed to wedding. Not even the same grade of jewelries!

Now, if Liquidation.com was responsible agents and went after the seller to make sure they represent correctly what they sold, I'd understand. But they went ahead and paid the seller instead of waiting for my photo proof. I did send them the photo proof but I am not optimistic that liquidation.com cares. I won't be shopping here anymore. Minimum shipping fee was higher than other auction places. As a first-time buyer, I trusted the seller review but it turned out that buyers cannot post seller reviews so the seller review was useless.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I bought a box of mixed items for the first time. It was a mixed bit of items and did have a manifest. I purchased the box of things for $496.00 after shipping, taxes and buyer's premium. A lot of money for a stay at home mom. Anyways, after getting the merchandise and sorting through the stuff I was very shocked as most of the items were just junk. As of today I've only made about $40. I did sell a knife on eBay but I am still waiting for the buyer to decide if he is sending it back or not. If he keeps it I will have made a little back on that maybe $120.00 after ebay's fees and shipping costs. I will continue to try and sell the rest but doubt I will even make back what I paid for the stuff. The point I am getting at is you will be lucky to make a profit on such items. I do not recommend anyone buying customer returns. Too risky at best and could leave you with an empty pocket!

Original review: July 24, 2020

I purchased 60 cell phone cases that were listed on the auction page as NEW. What I received was scratched and damaged goods, none of them were in NEW condition. Of course they denied my request for a refund. So I'm filing as many consumer complaints as I can. Including the BBB the FTC and the Maryland state atty. gen office. I also located the social media pages of their CEO, the Board of Directors and their top shareholders. I plan to post complaints about the business from myself and others. I will embarrass and humiliate them and hopefully drive the stock value down.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I really hope I can read other people’s reviews before I trade with them. The two auctions I bought on their website didn’t have any competition. I got it easily. I thought the price I offered was good so I got it in the auction, but after I received the iPhone I was wrong... This is a scam. They gave me 90% of the phone damaged by water, and the seller’s description is: Possible screen, battery, buttons, speaker, microphone, camera, etc..

I contacted the dispatch department and they waited for a few days to reply to me: The seller described the same as the product, so they decided that they could not return the product. Did not consult my opinion, did not give me any choice, and then I saw the order status immediately changed to: paying seller. I have lost more than 6000. I am very troubled. I lost my job during this period. I used my savings to buy products. Why doesn’t anyone do something on such a scam website? I don’t know how many people are cheated by them every day.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I bought iPhone and all were trash. I filed a dispute and they always go on seller side. I replied back to the company that the phones were not able to be used as phones and they were locked with iCloud, still didn't matter.

Original review: July 7, 2020

This company will never take your side. We ordered some Xbox One S-es for over 1,000 dollars. When we pointed out in what kind of garbage state they were, they took 2 weeks to get back to us, simply showing us the "terms we signed" with a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that we agreed to buying "as is." Well, that's very nice, but if the state in which the products are, are misrepresented, then it's a scam! The pictures were vague, and one piece of technology was so bent that it seemed like someone had driven over it or beat it up with a baseball bat.

When they refused to refund us, we went through the credit card company. They kept fighting it, and now we are left with the junk and the credit card company wouldn't even take our side either. This company is so dishonest. But why doesn't that surprise me, knowing that they work with Amazon? Better to avoid them. That's my advice, and that's why I'm writing this complaint: Because there is nothing else I can do to get our money back and the world needs to know how we got conned.

Liquidation.com Company Information