Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.17/5

228 Blockshopper.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have the same experience as other people writing review on this company, they breach privacy and ignore requests to remove information, and in my case the information is no longer correct since I had sold the unit but they still ignore my requests to remove it. There must be something that can be done about. Obviously I’m not the only one bothered by the conduct of this company? It’s scandalous.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Contacted the company numerous times to remove my private info from their website. They keep responding with their Scarlett ** fake email with an automated response. I also called the phone number with no luck. They are getting private info from the county websites which are not Google searchable and they are converting into a Google searchable format without owner's consent and make it available on Google. I am filing a lawsuit with Chicago Cook County court against the company for privacy violations for punitive and civil rights. If anybody wants to join let me know.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have contacted this company numerous times to remove my personal information from their website. They refuse saying it is public information. Now if someone googles my name it gives them my full name, my husband's name, how much we bought and sold our house for, the full address and directions on how to get there. This is a HUGE privacy issue. I want my information gone from this website!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My experience with this website is unfortunately awful. I think the company or website goes against personal privacy. They should be the ones sharing their own personal information too instead of being two face and say public records and anyone can get the info but sharing it with the worldwide web isn’t right. Everyone at Blockshopper company should have their information public shown but instead they say it public information. I think they are just terrible individuals that should be in prison or someone in the government should put them and other places out of business.

Original review: March 25, 2019

It’s so awful that I have been able to opt out of my personal information from every other website but this one. Guess who showed up at my door? Someone I desperately have worked hard to get away from. My stalker told me they were able to find me because of this website. Everyone has some type of search for homeowners' information through the counties that they live in, but it’s not visible through a Google search. So confused that a website like this is able to be used, I guess it will take someone getting hurt or worse to shut it down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: March 14, 2019

Most websites offer opt out options but Blockshopper.com does not and refuse to remove my information of our name, address and property features. I understand they can purchase our information from county where the property is but they have no right to display our names without our permission. I contacted Blockshopper.com many times and they refuse to remove our information. Where is the justice? Anyone can Google someone for where they live. I do not mind if they paid. At least we know who is inquiry about it with the charge information. What purpose do Blockshopper served? Maybe I should Google this Charlotte person live?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

These people put information about your home online, including your name and address, purchase price, etc. These personal details are easily available to anyone, including my students in my case. They enable stalking and give you little recourse. You have no control over what they post. They will not remove it except if you prove you are being stalked or are certain types of government official or...a few other extreme situations.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Blockshopper blasts my address to the world via their site and they have not responded to my request to remove it. Can anyone recommend how to deal with this? This is such a breach of confidentiality and would like to understand how this is legal.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

They may deem themselves fighters for freedom of information, but what about protection of privacy? They literally have home addresses posted beside people's names - I wonder if the employees of this company are also searchable? (Highly doubt it). Hypocrites.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

They post private personal info including names. Such a huge privacy issues especially if someone is being stalked or targeted. And it shows up in Google searches. When you email them they do not respond. Very crooked. What can be done about this website?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Although the information is public, it should not be this easy to search for someone's name. If they want to publish tax records, they can put that information. But the name should be deleted or coded. This is an affront to homeowners. Take this site down.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I googled myself online for privacy concerns, I encountered Blockshopper.com posting detailed information on our previous real estate property sales history. After reading all of these reviews, I waste no time to contact the Blockshopper.com personnel but to contribute complaints to Consumer Affairs hoping they will help to take down the reports online for privacy reasons.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We have recently moved and our information was nowhere to be found until Blockshopper popped up. I have an ex who has been trying to find my whereabouts and continues to search for my information. Filing a report won't do anything, as many have mentioned already. They should be ashamed of themselves! If something happens to my family, Blockshopper.com you will be sued and by many! I might as well start the process now!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

THEY PUBLISHED MY INFORMATION W/O MY KNOWLEDGE. This company needs be taken down for publishing other people's private data and profit from it, impose danger to other people because of their wrongdoing. Where are the law enforcement when you need them? Please take this company down!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I asked for my personal address information to be removed due to domestic violence and they repeatedly challenged me on the request. I find it disgusting that any organization would not honor a simple request to protect their own privacy and safety. This company should be shut down. Just wait until you get sued when someone gets injured. TERRIBLE!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Publicizing and marketing my data without my authorization. These disgusting bottom-feeders draw on public records to publish data on homeowners into a publicly available and searchable medium. This is an abhorrent invasion of privacy as this type of data is not normally so easily available. They proceed to sell advertisements on basis that people will visit their website to go through this data and click on ads.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We have pleaded with them to remove our name and address from their website for our SAFETY but they have ignored our request. We even supplied a Police Report # and they still ignored us. They are a horrible and careless company.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I emailed this company 3 times but our information still remains public after several months. We adopted 4 children with biological parents who were incarcerated for violent crimes to their children as well as other children. I explained this in an email but I only get the same emails from them: Blockshopper publishes public records. Property ownership, sales and property tax information is listed publicly in multiple places. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information. We will, however, in certain circumstances where a security risk can be demonstrated, edit a homeowner's name in our database so as to make it less searchable by Google, etc. Your name will be amended to “Not Available”.

Please be aware it usually takes Google and other search engines a week or two to index these new pages sometimes longer. Apparently no one is doing anything to remove our information and Blockshopper is putting our children in harm's way if the bio parents, now released from prison, finds out where we live. It almost seems that Blockshopper is asking for a class action lawsuit. This company is awful and will be criminally charged if I seen any of our children’s' very dangerous biological parent.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I sent an email requesting removal 5 days ago. Per the website they are to respond within 24 to 48 hours. I've never seen a site so difficult to have your information removed. It is a matter of safety for myself and my daughter. I've shared this information so that if something happens as a result of their failure to remove it there will be a lawsuit.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The owner of Blockshopper wants to keep his name and address private but sees nothing wrong with listing yours for the entire world to see. I went to whois.com to check the info on the website: Name: Registration Private. Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC. Mailing Address: DomainsByProxy.com, Scottsdale Arizona 85260 US. Phone: +**. Ext: Fax: +**. Fax Ext: Email: BLOCKSHOPPER.COM@domainsbyproxy.com.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My elderly mother and I recently moved after being harassed by a neighbor. We went through great pains to ensure no one except family members had our new address. Lo and behold, I googled my name and up came my full name and address. I understand that this is a public record, but this information should not be so easy to search for and find. I searched the Blockshopper.com website to see how I can get my information removed, and their page said to contact Scarlett **.

After emailing Ms ** of my issue, she responded that this was a matter of public record, but if I send a police report, they may amend my information to make me less searchable. I complied with her request. I sent a letter with a police report via US mail, emailed and faxed the letter, along with leaving numerous voice mail messages at their Chicago and St. Louis phone numbers. No response. This is truly a horrible company and it is outrageous that they are allowed to put people's safety at risk this way. I am now in communication with an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I've requested sites like Blockshopper remove my information from easy online access due to identity theft. Most sites have accommodated by removing at least some if not all information, except for Blockshopper. Full name, address & loads of other info that should not be available to the public at the touch of a button - all still there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

This website releases the full names of me and wife with full home address in the same title line for Google search result. Although the information is legitimately obtained from publicized government database, releasing this crucial personal information to search engine in such format is irritating and jeopardizing.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

It's unfortunate that companies like this are allowed to exist. Most companies that display personal information provide an opt out, no matter how hard it is to find on their site. This one requests a court order for stalkers or that you are in law enforcement (?!) - how ridiculous. They display personal information including addresses, which for me is proving to be very scary. I do not want anyone to be able to google me and find my house, which is why I try not to list this anywhere. This is the beginning of some very threatening situations, and while I'm not at a court order stage (yet) - it is unfortunate that this company allowing for the start of this and won't stop until someone gets hurt. Who does this and how easy would it be to mask the name of a homeowner on an address if the intent is to help home buyers. Even tax record sites do this, which are way more reputable.

On top of this most the information is actually inaccurate since this isn't a government supported site, so lose for everyone. Knowing they won't be around long puts me slightly at ease, but really scum bag sites like this shouldn't be allowed to exist on the www. I'm embarrassed for them, scared for my safety and sorry for any consumer who would actually think either the information they share or that their business is reputable. Horrible.

Original review: May 19, 2017

They claim it's public records. The difference someone has to search hard through public records to find your personal information (MY ADDRESS). When I google my name this website pops right up with my HOME ADDRESS! The county pages/public records DO NOT! How frightening is that, Scarlett **? Should I google her and find your home address? What made me google my name is because I recently had some very disturbing sent to my HOME ADDRESS! Thanks a lot Scarlett, I hope karma finds her real soon!

Original review: May 9, 2017

The company has been publishing my name and home address, putting my spouse and children at risk. I have a job that receives death threats often, and there is no excuse for Blockshopper's commercialization of distributing public info. I am pro-transparency, but this is a violation of my personal safety. I have requested (via email and calls) they remove my records with no response. Someone please tell me how to join a class action or turn these people in. I have submitted a complaint to the FTC. I am so thankful for these reviews to help empower a movement against this devious company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I contacted Blockshopper.com requesting them to suppress my information from their company's public search results for privacy reasons. Reputable companies providing similar services honor such requests, but I received a reply from Scarlett ** denying my request. Based on other reviews here, it appears that Blockshopper.com in fact is not a reputable company.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

This company is HORRIBLE and refuses to take down personal content even after an incident against my safety took place due to this website. They need to be taken down and especially Scarlett **. She is a horrible person and I don't know how she sleeps at night. If they don't take down my info I plan on joining/starting a lawsuit against them.

Original review: June 13, 2016

1) Email your elected officials (at both the county and state level) pointing out that companies like Blockshopper.com are jeopardizing people's safety by aggregating real estate property transaction records with other personal information (photos, employment, names and details of your spouse and children, etc.) obtained from a multitude of other sources and then even making maps and directions to where you live. Thousands of people nationwide have requested removal only to often be rudely refused or ignored (even for requests involving minor children) because Blockshopper.com (and its highly controversial owner Brian Timpone) repeatedly prioritizes revenue above the safety of human beings.

There have been numerous complaints concerning their facilitation of harassment, stalking, identity theft, etc. Much of the danger could be curtailed by making personal real estate property records private by default and only releasing them to appropriate agencies with a valid legal need and/or introducing legislation requiring companies such as Blockshopper.com to honor opt-out removal requests.

2) Email every real estate agent advertising on Blockshopper.com, bringing to their attention the appallingly bad reputation the company has on review websites such as ConsumerAffairs.com (as well as the law blog article at **) and let the realtors know their reputation may be severely tarnished by maintaining an association with Blockshopper.

Original review: May 27, 2016

This company found a horrible way of making money, by posting peoples personal info. If you google your name, this is the only Crap Company that reveals your address, etc. The CEO of this company should realize they are evil, and change some tactics. We need to work together to close, and sue them asap.

Blockshopper.com Company Information