Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.16/5

Blockshopper.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Would not remove my name and home address and sale price. I asked them to remove my name, home address and what I paid for my house from their website. I told them that I had a stalker and problems with people using my personal information and would like to keep my address and personal information private. They asked me to send them my police report and told me that this was all public information so they will not remove any of it. I will not send them my private records so they can use them against me too. I told them it is information that most people would have a hard time finding but they are putting it out there for easy access. They are putting me and my family at risk. This is not a reputable company. They steal your information and make it easy for other third party sites to steal too. I have no idea why a site like this would be necessary. Real Estate agents and people selling their homes do not need this information.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

This company will not remove any sensitive information no matter what. Terrible experience, blockshopper dot blogspot dot com is on the same side as us. Scarlett is a fake name. Timothy Landon from IL is the owner together with Edward Weinhaus and Brian Timpone. Do google search and you can find them.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

You can't opt out! "Scarlett" responded to my request by telling me that I have to have my county recorder hide my records from them or show legal documents that my life is in danger. Otherwise, too bad, they will gladly hand over my address to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Disclosure of Personal Information. I've contacted them twice over the past week requesting they delete my personal information with no response. Are there any active class action lawsuits or others means available to force them to comply?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Contacted the website to have my personal information removed from their database. Received the same email from “Scarlett” stating they will not remove the information because it is public records. While this is true, I do not think it is right for someone to be able to Google search my name and find where I live. If someone wants to opt out of having their personal information on the website, they should respect the person‘s right to privacy and safety. I would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit against this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have the same experience as other people writing review on this company, they breach privacy and ignore requests to remove information, and in my case the information is no longer correct since I had sold the unit but they still ignore my requests to remove it. There must be something that can be done about. Obviously I’m not the only one bothered by the conduct of this company? It’s scandalous.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Contacted the company numerous times to remove my private info from their website. They keep responding with their Scarlett ** fake email with an automated response. I also called the phone number with no luck. They are getting private info from the county websites which are not Google searchable and they are converting into a Google searchable format without owner's consent and make it available on Google. I am filing a lawsuit with Chicago Cook County court against the company for privacy violations for punitive and civil rights. If anybody wants to join let me know.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have contacted this company numerous times to remove my personal information from their website. They refuse saying it is public information. Now if someone googles my name it gives them my full name, my husband's name, how much we bought and sold our house for, the full address and directions on how to get there. This is a HUGE privacy issue. I want my information gone from this website!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

My experience with this website is unfortunately awful. I think the company or website goes against personal privacy. They should be the ones sharing their own personal information too instead of being two face and say public records and anyone can get the info but sharing it with the worldwide web isn’t right. Everyone at Blockshopper company should have their information public shown but instead they say it public information. I think they are just terrible individuals that should be in prison or someone in the government should put them and other places out of business.

Original review: March 25, 2019

It’s so awful that I have been able to opt out of my personal information from every other website but this one. Guess who showed up at my door? Someone I desperately have worked hard to get away from. My stalker told me they were able to find me because of this website. Everyone has some type of search for homeowners' information through the counties that they live in, but it’s not visible through a Google search. So confused that a website like this is able to be used, I guess it will take someone getting hurt or worse to shut it down.

Blockshopper.com Company Information