2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Blockshopper.com Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2020

I contacted this company just like many others. I get calls/texts daily from scammers trying to “buy my house”. They basically responded saying I need to show proof of a restraining order. Seriously?! Remove my information for my safety! I don’t give permission. I hope this company gets sued and more importantly, I hope nobody gets hurt because of these jerks.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Everybody else had issues having their information removed, and I feel for them. However, since I’m employed in a sensitive occupation, they removed my name from their website. If you’re in the medical field, a law enforcement officer, or anything of the such, they are willing to work with you.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Despite spending weeks emailing this company and explaining our 13 year old daughter is being stalked by a child predator online they refuse to remove our information. Our county does not allow property searching by name so if this guy shows up at our door it is because of blockshopper.com Do we actually have to hire a lawyer to deal with this? If anyone is putting together a class action lawsuit know that we are game. This needs to stop before someone is killed by a stalker.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Not possible to give negative stars, but that's what this site would deserve. They REFUSE to allow an opt-out of private information! I have tried to contact scarlett@blockshopper.*** over a half dozen times, with NO response. Their site BRAGS that they refuse to remove anyone's home address and personal info upon request.

Their two reasons for refusing to honor opt-out are: 1. It is superior for a company to display public records publicly. As if that make Shopblocker an entity you should 'trust' and rely on? 2. Their site is designed for REAL ESTATE AGENTS to find homeowner details. So they believe that RE Agent stalking/harassment of citizens is a more worthy cause to stand behind than PRIVACY RIGHTS of citizens? I do not know how this company is allowed to exist. I've read that they have multiple lawsuits against them--as they should! Every other site where I have located my private data has honored an opt-out policy and removed my records upon request! Shopblocker is SHADY.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

They don't care about anyone's personal safety. I left an abusive partner and didn't want him to know where I lived. They REFUSED to remove my information even though I explained the situation. I submitted a police report of an incident, but even then, they wouldn't remove my address. Horrible company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Nasty nasty company and disgusting business model. I asked them to remove my name and address on Google search from their website. They refused and claim it is public information. I hope someone can sue them to stop this.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

They refused to removed my personal information. All these other type of these sites I was able to have my personal info removed. Not this site. Probably has one employee working there and will not pay clerks to sit and remove PII information. Shame on you, when someone gets killed and the person’s info was used from this site, then maybe the law will catch up to this scum bag, and the government needs to shut this website down and ship the owner back over border wall, where they belong.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I wrote to Blockshopper and said "I want to opt out and have my data removed from your website." Their response was "BlockShopper publishes public records. Property ownership and sales information is listed publicly in multiple places on the internet and in other publications. We get our data from the county-- it is the public record. It's our goal to be accurate and consistent, so we don't simply edit the public record on any request. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information http://www.blockshopper.com/faq.html" I didn't ask them to edit my information, but to remove it from their website. They refused. I think this is bad business practice, if not illegal. I wish they would be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This site post your information and doesn’t give you the option to opt. I’m filing with the BBB, FTC and Attorney General’s Office. They are trash and need to be sued. Let’s get rid of these scumbags.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Would not remove my name and home address and sale price. I asked them to remove my name, home address and what I paid for my house from their website. I told them that I had a stalker and problems with people using my personal information and would like to keep my address and personal information private. They asked me to send them my police report and told me that this was all public information so they will not remove any of it. I will not send them my private records so they can use them against me too. I told them it is information that most people would have a hard time finding but they are putting it out there for easy access. They are putting me and my family at risk. This is not a reputable company. They steal your information and make it easy for other third party sites to steal too. I have no idea why a site like this would be necessary. Real Estate agents and people selling their homes do not need this information.

Blockshopper.com Company Information