2.9/5 (375 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Blockshopper.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Blockshopper.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

This website publicly posts names, addresses and other private information of sworn public officials including law enforcement officers. The company refuses to remove this information unless provided copies of employment badges or work identification cards. And if harassment or threats are the result of these postings of private addresses, they will only remove address information if provided confidential court and police records confirming harassment or threats. It is against the law to publicly post law enforcement officers' names and addresses, but this company continues to do so, even after multiple requests to remove. And to make it mandatory we provide them with our badges, identification and court records, is outright absurd. This opens the door for further issues including identity theft.

“Scarlett” at this business is the only contact person listed. When contacted her response is nothing posted on her site isn’t already “easily obtained or available online because it is public record.” So my advice to anyone concerned about this website DO NOT send them a copy of your badge, ID, or court records, hoping to get your information removed. Contact the DOJ or your state’s attorney general's office and file a complaint instead.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Blockshopper.com is displaying my name, address, phone number, email, and even a map to my CA home. I contacted scarlett@blockshopper.com numerous times and they refuse to honor my requests to remove my information. Not only are they displaying my private info against my wishes, but they are also selling my info for profit. This violates my privacy and borders on criminal behavior.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have been speaking to a Scarlet ** about CA rights of privacy, she is refusing to remove my online information and is claiming it is public which is false and not allowed, I am sick of her asking me for personal information and I am in no way obligated to allow a breach of my personal information online at this scammer site and to provide anything that is private. CA does not allow this. This company is scamming people and very rude about respecting the privacy and rights of others. A lawsuit is very much due.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I contacted Blockshopper to request my family members' names be masked or removed. My request was denied. Since they published my details, two other websites used blockshoppers info. Filed BBB complaint.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I find it literally unbelievable that BlockShopper will NOT remove your information by simply asking them to opt out. They told me it requires crime with a police report first to be be removed. They seem to not understand the danger they created. This should be investigated by the Attorney General!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I have requested multiple times to be removed from this website and they refuse to remove my information, as they state it is "public record". This is a huge privacy and safety concern for those who want to remain anonymous. Someone needs to start a lawsuit against them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I have been trying to get Scarlett ** to remove my data from Blockshopper for nearly 2 years. First she refused and now she has stopped responding to my emails. I am a resident of California and have repeatedly told her that as a data broker they are subject to and need to honor my privacy due to CCPA 2018. Nothing. I don’t understand how they’re getting away from with breaking the law. But I have filed a complaint with the attorney general of California. If you’re a resident of California, it doesn’t matter if you own property in other states. You can still claim CCPA based on your state of residence. My advice to California residents is to file a complaint with the attorney general of California and at some point a critical mass of complaints will be reached and they’ll be put out of business will be forced to comply for those of us who are California residents at least.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

They reject your requests to remove your information, because a it's public information. However public record does not mean people should be able to Google your name and find out exactly where you live. Really dangerous. Will consider lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

They reject your requests to remove your information, because "it's public information anyways." It's the only site that lists my name and address. I paid to remove my information from all of the other sites. Scarlett ** aka Scarlett ** (Her real name!) Does not care about the privacy of others, but her information is not listed on there!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I've been requesting for my information removed for the past 5 years. Its so annoying. This is the response I got every time: "BlockShopper publishes public records. Property ownership and sales information is listed publicly in multiple places on the internet and in other publications. We get our data from the county-- it is the public record. It's our goal to be accurate and consistent, so we don't simply edit the public record on any request." Not all of my friend's information is available - some of my friends are lucky. So,

1) They have some unmet goals (for forever).
    2) Property owner and sale info is public, but to access it you have to go physically to some govt office - that itself becomes a proof and people with criminal records in the past might not be able to do that, but with Blockshopper they can. For any other real estate websites like Redfin, Zillow etc they are so much decent - don't provide privacy violating details on their sites.

3) How I wish there was some GDPR kind of law in U.S. that could help get rid such websites that violate people's privacy. This is really really really concerning.

Blockshopper.com Company Information