Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.8/5 (242 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Blockshopper.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Blockshopper.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

They reject your requests to remove your information, because "it's public information anyways." It's the only site that lists my name and address. I paid to remove my information from all of the other sites. Scarlett ** aka Scarlett ** (Her real name!) Does not care about the privacy of others, but her information is not listed on there!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I've been requesting for my information removed for the past 5 years. Its so annoying. This is the response I got every time: "BlockShopper publishes public records. Property ownership and sales information is listed publicly in multiple places on the internet and in other publications. We get our data from the county-- it is the public record. It's our goal to be accurate and consistent, so we don't simply edit the public record on any request." Not all of my friend's information is available - some of my friends are lucky. So,

1) They have some unmet goals (for forever).
2) Property owner and sale info is public, but to access it you have to go physically to some govt office - that itself becomes a proof and people with criminal records in the past might not be able to do that, but with Blockshopper they can. For any other real estate websites like Redfin, Zillow etc they are so much decent - don't provide privacy violating details on their sites.

3) How I wish there was some GDPR kind of law in U.S. that could help get rid such websites that violate people's privacy. This is really really really concerning.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2021

These people are the scum of the earth, they should be ashamed of themselves for making the world a worse place and causing hardship and suffering for their fellow human beings. I followed their procedures asking to remove my information, but they don't even respond. As a result a stalker has been able to commit violence against a family member. They don't seem to care. They are EVIL EVIL EVIL!

Original review: March 12, 2021

They make so called "public information" easier for creeps to access and then somehow try to justify that with no remorse. Pretty sure "Scarlett" is not a real name. They care about their privacy but not yours.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

First, my information is not public. It's hidden by the County Assessor and Tax Office due to my employment. I have contacted these folks numerous times and they continue to tell me that my information is public info and that I need to contact my Tax Office and County Assessor. I know for a fact my information is listed as "Confidential" by the state because you can't find it on the CAD/Tax/GIS Sites and I've confirmed it with the Tax Office. Also, with as many negative reviews here, how do they have a 4 Star rating? How is there so many positive reviews to this site?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

They would not remove my name and address upon request. They even emailed me back and politely said no claiming it their right as it’s a “public record.” They’ll only remove it if you give them proof that you are law enforcement or have documentation of stalking. I didn’t like that I can’t remove my name and address. My house is not for sale, there’s no reason to have it listed.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The owners of this web site, Timothy J. Landon and his wife Elizabeth T. Landon, make a living out of putting people's lives and their children at risk by publishing home address information. If you are unhappy about this, then maybe you should write or visit the Landon's at their home address which is: **. Their home is located between Park Place and Thayer Street on Bennett Avenue in Evanston, IL. If you visit their home, perhaps since they have three children that they will feel what so many thousands of innocent American homeowners feel by them publishing all our records online for every stalker and pyscho to see.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

This website refuses to remove my personal info like address, full name, DOB, EVERYTHING. Disgusting company that will not respect individual wishes to have a private life. SCUM. They say I need evidence of a restraining order or crime report. Well, I may not have those but I have had CREEPS come to my door before after looking my name up!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I have been a victim of identity theft and I have asked BlockShopper to remove my personal information to keep me from getting victimized again. But despite me explaining my situation, they refuse to remove my personal information. If they believe what they say, why does "Scarlett" (obviously a fake name) does not provide true and full name with the email responses? They hide their personal information, but they don't care about anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

After reading everyone’s reviews I’m starting to think that the Scarlett person gets a kick out of all of us complaining about this company and it’s somewhat may be exciting to them but this is really jeopardizing people's lives and destroying people's lives and obviously this person or company does not care. I also have requested my name and address to be removed and the Scarlett person refuses. That’s very concerning.

Blockshopper.com Company Information