Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.16/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Blockshopper.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Nasty nasty company and disgusting business model. I asked them to remove my name and address on Google search from their website. They refused and claim it is public information. I hope someone can sue them to stop this.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

They refused to removed my personal information. All these other type of these sites I was able to have my personal info removed. Not this site. Probably has one employee working there and will not pay clerks to sit and remove PII information. Shame on you, when someone gets killed and the person’s info was used from this site, then maybe the law will catch up to this scum bag, and the government needs to shut this website down and ship the owner back over border wall, where they belong.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I wrote to Blockshopper and said "I want to opt out and have my data removed from your website." Their response was "BlockShopper publishes public records. Property ownership and sales information is listed publicly in multiple places on the internet and in other publications. We get our data from the county-- it is the public record. It's our goal to be accurate and consistent, so we don't simply edit the public record on any request. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information http://www.blockshopper.com/faq.html" I didn't ask them to edit my information, but to remove it from their website. They refused. I think this is bad business practice, if not illegal. I wish they would be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This site post your information and doesn’t give you the option to opt. I’m filing with the BBB, FTC and Attorney General’s Office. They are trash and need to be sued. Let’s get rid of these scumbags.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Would not remove my name and home address and sale price. I asked them to remove my name, home address and what I paid for my house from their website. I told them that I had a stalker and problems with people using my personal information and would like to keep my address and personal information private. They asked me to send them my police report and told me that this was all public information so they will not remove any of it. I will not send them my private records so they can use them against me too. I told them it is information that most people would have a hard time finding but they are putting it out there for easy access. They are putting me and my family at risk. This is not a reputable company. They steal your information and make it easy for other third party sites to steal too. I have no idea why a site like this would be necessary. Real Estate agents and people selling their homes do not need this information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blockshopper.com?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

This company will not remove any sensitive information no matter what. Terrible experience, blockshopper dot blogspot dot com is on the same side as us. Scarlett is a fake name. Timothy Landon from IL is the owner together with Edward Weinhaus and Brian Timpone. Do google search and you can find them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

You can't opt out! "Scarlett" responded to my request by telling me that I have to have my county recorder hide my records from them or show legal documents that my life is in danger. Otherwise, too bad, they will gladly hand over my address to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Disclosure of Personal Information. I've contacted them twice over the past week requesting they delete my personal information with no response. Are there any active class action lawsuits or others means available to force them to comply?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Contacted the website to have my personal information removed from their database. Received the same email from “Scarlett” stating they will not remove the information because it is public records. While this is true, I do not think it is right for someone to be able to Google search my name and find where I live. If someone wants to opt out of having their personal information on the website, they should respect the person‘s right to privacy and safety. I would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit against this company.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have the same experience as other people writing review on this company, they breach privacy and ignore requests to remove information, and in my case the information is no longer correct since I had sold the unit but they still ignore my requests to remove it. There must be something that can be done about. Obviously I’m not the only one bothered by the conduct of this company? It’s scandalous.

Blockshopper.com Company Information