Publix Super Markets of Lakeland, Fla., is recalling an undetermined amount of ground beef products made from chuck
The products may be contaminated with E. coli O26.
An epidemiological investigation identified 18 case-patients, predominantly from Florida, with illness onset dates ranging from July 5 – 25, 2018.
The following products, purchased by consumers from June 25, 2018, through July 31, 2018, are being recalled:
- Bacon & cheddar burgers
- Bacon & cheddar meatballs
- Bacon & cheddar slider
- Bacon & fried onion burger
- Bacon & fried onion meatball
- Bacon & fried onion slider
- Badia seasoned ground chuck burger
- Blue cheese burgers
- Blue cheese meatballs
- Blue cheese slider
- Ground chuck
- Ground chuck burgers
- Ground chuck for chili
- Ground chuck for meat loaf
- Ground chuck slider
- Jalapeno & cheddar slider
- Jalapeno and cheddar burger
- Jalapeno and cheddar meatballs
- Meat loaf grillers
- Mesquite seasoned ground chuck burger
- Montreal seasoned chuck burger
- Seasoned meatloaf (oven ready)
- Spanish meatballs
- Steakhouse seasoned ground chuck burger
- Stuffed peppers (oven ready)
- Stuffed pimento cheese burger
- Swiss & mushroom burger
- Swiss & mushroom meatball
- Swiss & mushroom slider
The recalled items were shipped to Publix Super Market retail locations in the following Florida counties:
- Indian River
- St. Lucie
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but discard them or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions may contact Publix Super Market’s customer care department at (800) 242-1227 or online at www.publix.com/contactus.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!