2.5/5 (41 ratings)

About Mayflower International Moving

Mayflower International Moving Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower International Moving?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mayflower International Moving?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Hired Mayflower to move all of our furniture and boxes from NJ to Florida. They promised to send a tractor trailer and move all of our stuff in one day. Well, they are nothing but con men and deceitful. The imaginary tractor trailer never showed up. Instead, they sent 2 26ft trucks one sat in the Avenue back in NJ completely empty and left completely empty. The other one took all of our furniture and sent it to a warehouse or storage in Harrison NJ. I never signed a contract for 2 26ft trucks and never agreed upon anything to go into storage. To this day our stuff is still in storage. The move was supposed to take place on 07/25/2022. This company like many other moving companies are deceitful and con artists.

I have hired a law firm and I am suing Mayflower as well as their minions from Molloy Moving and storage. I hope by writing this review to help someone else, so that the same thing does not happen to them. They have many, many awful reviews on Google as well as the BBB. There is no appropriate adjective to describe the nightmare that we got into for trusting and hiring them. I had to rent 2 trucks from Penske at a cost of 7k to move 100-150 boxes that were in the garage. I am a 100% disabled service-connected Persian Gulf War Veteran.

And my wife and sister-in-law are disabled also. And I have a big hernia from complications of Colon Cancer Surgery that I had done at the East Orange NJ VA back in Jersey. And because of carrying heavy boxes that they were supposed to come back the next day and pick up (which they never showed up) my hernia has gotten worse and now I need to have surgery sooner than I was supposed to. For your peace of mind and if you want everything to go well with your move. STAY AWAY FROM MAYFLOWER. THEY ARE FULL OF IT!!!!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Response from employee after I told him I needed to get second quote. His quote was $6000 to move my furniture within 10 miles. Cheap price is cheap job but that's ok. Keep looking around. When you get Jose and his friend in a van come and move you you'll understand why the price is the price.

Get buying tips about International Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I recently moved from Denver to Las Vegas and used Buehler (a subsidiary of MAYFLOWER). At the signing of the contract, I was told to take out the "best" insurance as this will ensure that any damage or loss to your property will be completely covered, FALSE. I was also told that everyone touching my belongings were "Mayflower employees", FALSE, the driver that delivered my property told me that the men moving my furniture in today were "day workers", NOT MAYFLOWER EMPLOYEES. The move was very expensive, I chose the "white glove" move, so I expected that my belonging would be handled with care and if damage or loss occurred I was covered, NOT THE CASE AT ALL.

Last evening I got a letter from MAYFLOWER, "Respectfully declining" to repair or replace many of my broken items, they said I had to go back to Buehler for this. This is a Merry Go Round, Buehler tells me it is Mayflower's responsibility. Not only have I been lied to numerous times, but the false advertising they give is garbage. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE A COMPANY THAT IS AN ENTITY OF MAYFLOWER. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH how much of my belongings were broken, or in one case never delivered to me. MAYFLOWER IS JUST THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE REPUTATION MOVING COMPANIES HAVE - SCUM, GARBAGE, LIARS....

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have moved many times with little to no problems with the moving companies. This is the first time I have used Mayflower & I will never use them again. The driver was very rude to me & his crew. They packed my boxes & furniture into the moving van so poorly that when it arrived at the other end many of the boxes were crushed and or splitting apart. I have moved 10 times and have only had one item broken from my packing & have never had damaged boxes. My stuff went into a mini storage garage so I do not know how badly damaged my things are yet. There was furniture that was not wrapped and wrapped furniture that had half the wrapping coming off when they took it out of the truck. Since they did not bring any wrapping material (I paid extra for that) that furniture went into storage unprotected.

The driver was suppose to have 4 people help him move my stuff into the mini storage garage but he only brought one person. The driver had an injured knee and could not do much so basically that person moved all my stuff from the truck into the mini storage garage by himself. My furniture was dragged upside down & sideways & when I expressed my concern the driver said it wasn't hurting the furniture. They wanted to pack my furniture on its side & put boxes on top of it. They did not bring a ladder so they could only stack the boxes 6 ft high & they threw some of my furniture on top of the boxes. I expressed my concerns to the sales person who signed my job and filled out the survey they sent me but no one has bothered to contact me.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We are a military family that recently got transferred to Guam. Conser International/Mayflower was responsible for our household goods from Virginia to Guam, needless to say, they failed miserably. Our goods were packed up in mid-October. They sat in Baltimore for nearly a month and a half before being transported to Los Angeles, where they are currently still located. Our goods were scheduled to arrive on island Jan 4th. They never arrived and upon inquiring about a new estimated delivery date, we got Jan 22nd. Jan 22nd was our RDD, required delivery date and still no household goods.

Things were made worse when they honestly couldn't find our container and we were told our goods were separated into 2 containers. We were told an expected arrival date of Feb 1 for container 1 and Feb 15th for container 2 by APL. The reason for container 1 not showing up on Feb 1 was because it was rolled due to UTL, meaning unable to locate. So our stuff is sitting somewhere at the Port of Los Angeles. After many emails back and forth, we were told it was not lost and would arrive March 1st, turns out that was also the wrong date and it will be here at March 8th.

They honestly have no clue when our belongings will be here. We cannot trust a single date they give us. This company is trusted to move military families all over the world, but their incompetence has shown otherwise. Nearly 5 months with our household goods and we still don't have answers on how and why this happened. If at all possible, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Your belongings might never make it to their destination.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Booked Mayflower/United Van Lines for a move from Nevada to New Jersey for 8/14/2020. Mayflower was to pack 2 TVs including boxes as well as 7 large framed paintings. The homeowner of the house I was buying delayed the closing for 4 weeks so I had no choice but to have mayflower store my belongings. On previous moves furniture was carefully wrapped & protected. Not the case this time. And their system for storage is ridiculous. They put everyone’s things together in a warehouse. Upon delivery the first few boxes off the truck were not mine. I told the driver & he took them back to the truck.

Many items were damaged including:
    King size mattress-improperly stored so all the foam & gel shifted into lumps
    Dining Room set-chipped, scratched, dented & scuffed
    Console cabinet-smashed door
    TV cabinet-minus door hinges
    Futon-cracked hardware & frame
    A footprint baked in from the heat on the INSIDE of my armoire
    Multiple pieces of furniture with nicks, scratches & missing hardware
    Lost feet for both large screen TVs
    The 65” tv was packed with other items in the box, including the sound bar. Tv has
    8” diameter dead spot as well as green pixels in the outline of sound bar.

Not 1 item was unscathed. And everything was filthy as it wasn’t wrapped very well.

Now for the missing items:
    Cookware
    Kitchen knife set
    Bathroom box containing cleaning products (bleach wipes), toilet paper, towels
    Laundry room box containing detergent, bleach & towels
    1 box of clothes
    Several pantry boxes containing food
    1 box of wine/booze
    1 6’ aluminum/fiberglass ladder
    & my personal favorite-a wardrobe delivered open missing a jacket, a coat & MY

WEDDING GOWN. Being recently widowed I was devastated.

Please note that many boxes were delivered open. Many items not of any real value are also missing. The level of damage & loss makes it quite obvious that Mayflower does not take care of your items or it is intentional. A good thief (or bunch of thieves) would take just enough junk along with good stuff to make it look like it was unintentional.

Mayflower has refused to pay for or look for my missing items. They don’t care. They also refuse to pay for the tv they damaged. They did send someone to repair futon & dining room set. Unfortunately there are several gouges on the table that can not be repaired. They decided to pay for my mattress which can not be replaced (1 year old) as they don’t make it anymore & the smashed console cabinet. Their reasoning is that I signed the paperwork when the guys finished unloading the truck because anyone who has ever moved knows that 1 person can watch 4 guys unload & carry in each piece/box because we have 4 sets of eyes & ears.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Mayflower was happy to allow us to inspect how the truck was loaded with everything we owned. It appeared to all be carefully secured. When the truck did not arrive at its destination on time, we began to worry. Finally, days and days late, a different truck with a whole different company arrived with our stuff. When they opened the doors I nearly fainted. All of our stuff was stacked to the ceiling and boxes on the bottom were smashed. One vintage dresser had a hole in the back of it. The crew that was supposed to be arranged to unload didn't show up. Three boxes were missing and there was broken glass everywhere from our antique Mersman mahogany coffee table, along with its broken legs.

No one EVER mentioned they were changing trucks. They sold our load and packed it in with two other destinations. I found out they only reimburse .60 per pound even with the added insurance we paid for. AND, due to the fact we were having the items delivered to a climate controlled storage unit because we had not closed on our house yet, we were informed we were not eligible for the $500 refund for it all being late! We fought that and won the $500, but our house purchase fell through and there was no way for us to unbox everything for an appraiser to even look at. We gave up on being compensated at all and to this day I am still unboxing broken items. In my opinion it was criminal for them to move our items from one truck to another. We paid a fortune to have the whole truck.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I'm moving to Miami from Los Angeles and they wanted to charge $4400 to move some stuff from a one bedroom apartment. There's cheap. There's fair. There's expensive. There's insulting. And THEN there's Mayflower. Don't do business with these guys. Also, they're trying to push a survey app that's buggy as hell. If you request a quote, tell them you don't want to download it. If anything they can tell exactly where you are and if they're interested in your stuff. Be careful with any movers for that matter.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We got Several bids. We were moving across the country. We decided that Mayflower was the best and most experienced. We were quoted $1999 but understood that we needed a completely accurate list and that it may go up and we figured it would go up but not that it would quadrupled in price. The person who gave us the original bid was Roy **. And he has not responded to any of our emails or phone calls since November 2018.

The movers that Mayflower had bid the job out to “Fantastic Movers” from Renton Washington came in a Budget rental box van. After we were there for several hours watching them pack everything up when it came time to give them the $1622 that Roy ** with Mayflower said I would need to pay them at that time it all of the sudden became $3500! So I had to rush to the bank and get more money or they were going to unload our belongings. They asked when they could bring our belongings to our new home what date. I said November 14, 2018. They also said that did we have room for a box van the size that they were using to come to our home. We said certainly no problem. We have a very large driveway and turn around.

We called on November 13. Told them we were here and that we were told that our property would be delivered on the 14th. To my surprise our belongings were still in Washington state and that it was going to be a month before they would deliver. Well beyond their 21 day guarantee. We were supposed to be given this really great deal as Roy was explaining because there were others moving long-distance and so they could piggyback our 10 x 20 unit of storage that we had for our belongings with several other people that were also moving to Florida. The mover called me that Fantastic Movers or Mayflower moving had bid out to. This guy told me that I needed to pay him $2200 and I said WHAT!! Back to the bank. He starts calling me in the next hour or so telling me he can’t get his semi 18 wheeler down our street.

Mayflower and Fantastic Movers said a “box van” would be coming and now he had to go get a smaller van or truck which was going to cost us another $900 or he was not going to bring our belongings. This started at $1999 and went up to $11,000. I could hear them before I saw them because they were out in the street yelling and screaming and dropping the F bomb at each other so all of my new neighbors could come and see. It was pouring cats and dogs. He didn’t even want to back up into the carport. He wanted to haul everything out and get it as wet and muddy and dirty as possible.

I would not let him. I made them back up into our carport as they are unloading. Every one of my boxes were wet. Some of them were 1/3 to 1/2 way up wet and these were 20 x 20 boxes. Everything was wet and in all the boxes of breakables or anything that could be remotely broken something was broken. My husband’s Husqvarna chainsaw was destroyed not to mention so many keepsakes.

I have two large clothing bags that are gone that had easily over $1000 worth of clothing in them gone that I will never see again. We also had two other people's items because of those little stickers they put on ours were light blue. We had very dark blue and yellow. They were not our belongings and pretty much everything in there was broken and destroyed. We also had a Blue Bunny ice cream chest freezer. The glass was shattered out of it. Now it is of absolutely no value. We have an antique RC cola soda machine with the little door that opens and you get the little bottles out, it was shipped upside down. I have wood tables that are cracked and broken and destroyed.

Thank God I took my jewelry and my shoe and boot bag with me otherwise I would be buck ** naked. We have called and called and we have filed claims. I don’t have receipts from years ago for the items a lot of the items that have been purchased. Some things were ceramics that my mother made before I was born in 1961. How do you put a price on that? So we have called and called and tried to file claims but it just keeps getting nowhere at all. We have talk to Sarah ** with customer service at Mayflower who transferred us to her supervisor Jason who every time we call he hangs up on us or he acts like he can’t hear us on the other line.

Fantastic Movers has blocked our phones so they can no longer receive our calls. MovingClaims.net is under the Mayflower umbrella. In no way will they help you get anything back ever. Do not use Mayflower. Do not believe their name and that they are these great wonderful movers because they are not and at this point we would like to know about any class action lawsuits because we are willing to be a part of it. After replacing everything that’s been destroyed the triple or quadruple amount of money we are heartbroken. I want everyone to know how horrible Mayflower movers are and I don’t ever want this to happen to anyone else. I trusted them. I trusted their name and their reputation and they suck big time. Beware every one.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I did research about this company and have had a terrible experience with this company. I unfortunately gave them a $800 deposit to move me across the country. I never heard back from them after I sent the deposit. When I called them they would not give me a definite date of pick up, and when I asked to speak to anyone in authority to discuss my issue with them, they always have an excuse that the managers are not available or not in to speak to.

When I finally talked to the Accounting manager Rich, he gave me a bogus phone number to reach him personally. I canceled my order 3 weeks before the supposed move date, I haven’t heard from anyone regarding my refund. I have called them every day for over 2 weeks and they either place me on hold for over 15 minutes or get disconnected. This is not a reputable company! I will probably never get my refund. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! I also filed a formal complaint with DOT.Gov, and still wait to hear back, l feel this issue will never be resolved. I simply want a refund. This company is based out of Coral Springs, FL, and btw, the address is a house! STAY CLEAR of Mayflower Moving Group, LLC.

Mayflower International Moving author review by Jessica Render

Mayflower International Moving is a division of United Moving. The company provides international moving services in more than 180 countries.

• Variety of transportation options: Mayflower International Moving will work with you to decide what the best and most efficient method of transportation will be for your move, whether it's by sea or by air.

• Pre-assignment services: The company offers help to clients from the very early stages of planning an international move. This includes visa and packing preparation all the way to immigration later on in the process.

• Relocation programs: When a family or business moves to a new country the transition in culture can be difficult, because of this Mayflower offers programs to help with language education, community integration, and more.

• Protection: They have many protection plans that can guarantee the safety of your belongings and insure them against any damage during the move. These include Weight Protection, High-Value Inventory and Itemized-Value Inventory.

• Business relocation: The company specializes in helping businesses and corporations relocate internationally. This means they have the capacity and skills to handle large amounts of inventory and belongings. They also guarantee a relatively quick set up time so that businesses don't lose income during the move.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Mayflower International Moving Company Information