1.16/5

Compare Movers

Chicago, IL

Compare Movers

Best Price Moving and Storage Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2015

We had communication for almost 17 days asking about a delivery date no communication from them. We called last Friday and were told no ship date yet. Tuesday at 6:20PM, we were contacted by a driver. He would be there in the morning. I said, "No I was working". An argument started with a man who said he was the owner. He said, "Take it Friday or I will put it in storage and you can do it".

We were contacted the next day and told we would have to take it 7 AM on Friday morning. After feeling like we could do nothing, we agreed. They showed up today at 9:10 and I had to call to ask where they were. The rude driver said between 7 and 9, which was incorrect to what Mary said the night before. He said I will be there soon and I hung up. He got to my house and I asked for weight sheets which he would not produce. I said without that I was not turning over payment.

The driver went off getting in my face telling me how it was going to be. I turned and walk away and he followed. My wife was outside and called the police who came and got me weight sheets from 6/24. That's all he said he had. The Mary lady called and said I had 10 minutes to pay or she was taking my stuff and selling it. I paid and they unloaded but the head guy and his asst. were rude. The temp help was great and did all the work while being pushed around by the asst. This was the most horrible situation I have ever encountered in my life. There needs to be stricter rules to protect people from being held hostage. The lesson I learned is read reviews before you choose.

Original review: July 12, 2015

This company did not tell me when they were delivering except for "up to 15 business notice". They called me with less than 24 hour notice when they will be arriving and we're not flexible. I was not in town so they left my items in a pile - did not piece the furniture together as promised when I signed the contract. The driver had poor English and was extremely rude on the phone. Very very poor service - I will never use this company again.

Original review: June 23, 2015

The company never communicated the required information. Crucially, I was not told about the 10 day shipping window. With that information, I would have gone to another company. The delivery window was a shock, as a result I ended up in a new state, about to start a new job WITHOUT MY STUFF. The company is barely responding to inquiring, takes no responsibility. All the positive reviews I've see were written by one person -- **. The service is terrible, so they had to hire a troll to post 5 star reviews. The obvious reason this company engages in deceptive practices is that its SERVICE STINKS. I wish I did more in depth evaluation of this company before hiring them. STAY AWAY.

Original review: May 25, 2015

Damaged wood floor. Front door step damaged. Missing bike at delivery. Damaged oak head board, damaged lamp. Damaged ironing board. Two day Late arrival.

Original review: March 2, 2015

I received the worst service I have ever had in my entire life from this company. They really do not take complaints seriously and the mere 100$ refund is a joke for the nearly 2k it cost to move the limited number of items I even own, let alone considering how many piece of furniture they broke due to neglect, and they also lost a couple items!!!!!!! Here is a copy of the letter I sent in to the company and the claim company whom decided I do not deserve any money back for my broken furniture!

"I have only had headaches from this particular move. The pick up went okay, however I was made false promises that I would not have to leave work for the pick up and ended up missing 3 hours of work on Oct. 30th. The men were polite, not careless, but not exactly careful with my belongings either. They chose to pack two of the damaged items together in the same furniture blanket. I mentioned that didn't seem like a good idea because it would cause them to bang together (both drawers are completely destroyed from this move). The drawers are both broken into themselves.

My stuff arrived in a timely fashion to FL from IL. However, I was expecting a call the day before, not a call the morning of, which may not be terrible, just not very good planning nor service. The call however I received was before 8 am, which I feel is grossly disrespectful to me as a client. As a salesperson, I would never contact a client that early unless they requested to be. Then the driver proceeded to argue with me and be rather disrespectful in the phone conversation. I asked a simple question whether I could call the main office to pay with credit card. This I feel is a question he should know the answer to, yet proceeded to argue incessantly with me that no I could not, and was demanding cash or a type of check which I have never heard of - only which I feel is not appropriate. The fact he was insisting on cash makes me feel this driver makes unethical practices with said cash.

Finally around 10:30 am, I was able to speak with the office and make the payment over the phone to them. It is agreed he will be there Nov. 14th in the afternoon. However I was never given a time frame for this which meant I was stuck at my house waiting around. This was very unproductive for me because I had several errands that I could have done if I had been given a time slot, especially since I moved from a different state! Around 3:30-4 the driver calls and tries to cancel on me, saying he will not deliver my stuff until the next morning! At this point I had already waited around my house for well over 6 hours, unsure of when the driver may show up. I had to work a double the next day making it impossible for me to accept this delivery. Mary from Best Price dispatch however, did speak with this driver and told him he had to deliver my stuff, thankfully.

The driver showed up around 5:30, I believe. From here it seemed that most things greatly went downhill. I went out to greet the driver and attempted to give a simple suggestion on direction for him. ALL HE DID WAS ARGUE with me and the other gentleman with him! He had not passed the house, but was easy for him to turn at the next stop sign and street so he could turn on the side street by my unit in the house. NO, he argued pointlessly and proceeded to back the semi up! Now I have actually been a passenger in a semi, I have never witnessed someone with that much difficulties preforming that task! He blocked traffic, and he would not listen to the gentleman with him at all even though he was attempting to help him. I genuinely felt sorry for the poor guy helping him.

Finally they started to unload my items. To my utter astonishment and disbelief they set allllll of my belongings on the GROUND!!!! No, I do not have a paved driveway - they set everything in the DIRT! I find that absolutely unacceptable! Thankfully the gentleman in the unit below mine was not home because they blocked his front door with my stuff. The guy continued to be less than pleasant and increasingly difficult. He then was arguing with a neighbor about the fact he was BLOCKING her driveway. I was embarrassed by his behavior to my neighbors I have not even meet yet.

I attempted to make suggestions on a clear path to my room through the wider of two doorways AND again this man continued to attempt to infuriate me and argue more over common sense issues! Finally stuff is actually being brought into my home; INCLUDING a ton of dirt from outside. My roommate and I had swept and mopped the previous day. The floors are now extraordinarily filthy from this detail as well. When the drawers were unwrapped and discovered to be broken, the helper gentleman was apologetic and asked kindly what I wished to have done. The other guy however proceeded to tell me, "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, YOU BOUGHT CHEAP FURNITURE. OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO BREAK." I found this absolutely appalling behavior. It doesn't matter, I paid for my items to be delivered not broken.

The other guy with him did attempt to help with the T.V. stand however, we discovered to our dismay that the pole inside was broken, which made it unstable and rendered it useless as well. After their departure I did discover that they did not take the wrapping trash with them but had thrown it on the ground, next to the trash receptacles outside. I find that very disrespectful as I have with most of my experience from the delivery of my items.

Lastly - I did miss this at time of delivery due to how incredible upset I was with the service and lack of respect to myself, fellow neighbors, and my belongings - but one box was missing upon arrival. It is a flat box which holds two posters, one of Vincent van Gogh Starry Night and one of Marilyn Monroe. Due to the nature of this issue and the severity of unacceptable service, I would appreciate timely process with these issues. Best Price Moving (Chicago) is who picked up my items and the dispatch service, however I believe the semi at drop off said ultra van lines."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Price Moving and Storage?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2015

Overcharged, told was to get a refund, never did. Filed a complaint with BBB and mymove.com for reimbursement of lost items and damage of things that actually did arrive. Left messages since they needed to contact mymove.com with the bill of lading but totally blew it off. I called and was always sent to voicemail. Half of my things never arrived or were completely damaged. A mirror to a bedroom set, never arrived. 12 boxes with kitchen items and other items completely gone. However they tried to give me a bench THAT WASN'T EVEN MINE! Where is my stuff and I hope you all burn in hell for not giving a ** for losing, damaging or even helping out when things go missing.

All they had to do was call with paperwork for a refund so I can move on. I've moved across country 3 times and NEVER had such a terrible experience in my life and to think you can sleep at night knowing you are robbing poor innocent people. It's plain sick and all those reviews you got there are complete bogus. Worst service I've ever had. Not to mention they didn't give me all the required documents on upon arrival for me to file my claim completely since the one piece I needed just happened to not have been given me. All I want is some closure and a refund for being overcharged and my 12 boxes of things that I'm missing and my damage. Thank you for not being decent enough to even giving a **. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE! SCAM!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT hire this company for your move. The estimate they gave me was $1100. When it is all said and done, they billed me over $2K + I had to eat the cost of a new plane ticket because they did not pick up my furniture the day they said they were going to and I had to reschedule my departure. I am so exhausted by dealing with this company... I will spare you all the details, but the highlights are this: 1] no one will take any responsibility when they screw up... they just keep passing you around to different voice mail boxes. 2] They will tack on all kinds of additional fees on top of your estimate.... a 'shuttle fee' of $575 because the semi couldn't turn around.

Call me crazy but isn't that what an estimate is for? You are a LOGISTICS company.... packing supplies additional $145 which my rep said she was going to throw in billing no one would honor it. The list goes on... save yourself the headache and hire someone else.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

Worst ever, moved 12 times over the years. In a rush, didn't label boxes, dumped contents of drawers into boxes, broke numerous pieces of furniture. Put furniture in storage, now loaded with roaches, not to mention other customers' items that they didn't want to take with them. Left numerous boxes in driveway when they left at mid-night. I have been at my new location for 2.5 weeks & I'M still moving boxes $30k later. Try to call, always say they will return call, haven't yet. Website always down. They were brokered by All State Van lines out of Florida, that's another story.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

I am currently dealing with this company and still waiting for my stuff. After have many continuing issues I decided to go online to see what everyone else was saying about these people. All I can say is DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!! I eventually spoke with a lady named Mary who finally agreed that I was overcharged and it would be taken care of right away. When I received my final invoice, nothing had changed! I called back several times to speak with Mary again and she was busy every time and has yet to return my phone call... I hope someone reads this and the many other bad reviews before hiring this company. These people should be arrested.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

Each one blames the broker in FL and then they blame the Best Price in Chicago. They were 4 days late to get my stuff. Came at 8:30 pm at night on a Tuesday - were rude and complained the entire time. My stuff has yet to arrive in my new town. All along I was told to pay PER the TOTAL weight and they too required a new estimate a few days out... interestingly enough the new estimate was 1000 lbs more. I argued that these weights were way off. The gal assured me that they HAD to use DOT standard weights and not to WORRY bec I will only pay for the REAL weight.

Ok great... my real weight came in within 20 lbs of the original estimate - yet they pulled the old bait and switch and have had my stuff for over 3 weeks and are saying my stuff won’t be shipped until I send more $$ and they "PROMISE" they won’t charge my VISA until my stuff is en route - Yeah, I'm not falling for that!! They said they always use the revised quote - so I'm paying for "air space" oh and they take days to respond. They lie, say they understand and will try to help or reduce the price. But after days pass they send you the same amount due - oh and now include a sentence in email say there may be additional charges upon delivery! I was told I paid a down payment then the balance when it was delivered based on actual weight. They refuse to explain the "other charges" and were bold enough to hint that I have to pay them for holding my stuff hostage in their storage!! I have never been lied and cheated like this ever. I have filed with the BBB, My homeowners insurance, the local sheriff and today I was advised by my lawyer to open a case with the FBI.

Best Price Moving and Storage Company Information