Better Homes & Gardens

• 16%
  • 39%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better Homes & Gardens?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better Homes & Gardens?

Reviewed June 3, 2024

I buy a lot of wax melts for my wax warmer. I like my house to smell good. Since about Christmas 23, I have noticed BH&G wax melts are losing their scent when in the warmer for a couple hours. They use to last for days. I emailed BH&G and their response was, "We don't make them anymore..Someone else makes the product for us." If a company is going to put their name on a product and sell it under that name, they need to back the product. All I want are wax scents that hold their smell longer than an hour.

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2022

Better Homes & Gardens failed me twice when I ordered the same furniture there. I wasted two months waiting for their response and every time they referred to system failure. Worst service and awful customer support. Don't do business with them!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 12, 2022

I purchased the Summer 2022 Cottage Style edition of BHG magazine and found it to be a clone of Summer 2021. There is a small label on the front stating "Back by popular demand, Summer 2021 edition". I did not notice this as I just grabbed the latest issue and tossed it into my shopping cart. I do not have time to look at each magazine I buy in the store, I trust it is a new issue. I paid for last summer's magazine and do not want the same one yet now I have two. This is a rip off. I won't be buying any more BHG magazines.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2021

I purchased a Better Homes and Gardens 8 Cube Organizer Storage from Walmart. I looked at the picture on the box which indicated that the it was a dark brown wood color. When I opened up the box, the color was a dark gray. So I took it back to Walmart to exchange it for the lighter brown wood (natural finish). The picture on the box was a light brown. When I got it home and opened the second box, the color was a light gray wood color. Frustrated and needing the shelf, I decided not to go back to Walmart for a refund.

With a name like "Better Homes..." your company should make sure that you are packaging the right product in boxes. In my opinion, it is misleading and causes customers to incur needless costs traveling back and forth to the store. How many of this product have you sold to others with this apparently, incorrect labeling? Hmmm who is interested: CFPB???? BBB??? AG??? Now my furniture will not match. This is really not Walmart's fault, but perhaps Walmart should not be selling the product of vendors who cannot get the packaging correct. Please fix this problem. Take better pictures, inspect the packages before sealing them. I am so dissatisfied that I thought I would write a review. Perhaps I should also put this on Walmart's site or contact their corporate office Signed dissatisfied customer that will not waste my time looking at BH&G shelving products in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2021

4 piece "Outdoor plastic wicker furniture set" made by Universal, the wicker fell off in pieces, even though furniture was not exposed to sunlight or the elements. It was not used in a spare room. 369$ now worth 0$, purchased at Walmart.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

I bought a Better Homes and Gardens garbage can for my kitchen. It advertised as fingerprint resistance.. It is not fingerprint resistance. I have kids and they touch everything and this garbage can is no different than the old one. Fingerprints all over it. Very disappointed. Paid 50$ for this and it's not as described..

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2020

Ordered chaise lounge by Better Homes and Gardens off of Amazon. Some of the parts included in the box were not correct. I called their customer service and was told that they don’t support coverage of parts for any purchase from a third party. I asked to be contacted by her supervisor and they never called. This is my last purchase of any of their products.

Reviewed July 7, 2020

I purchased one this past Sunday and the following day it fell apart. It toppled over with and twisted. The bolts broke out of their holes and the metal is so thin even though it was tied down. I am so disappointed. We had a very small amount of rain and barely any wind at all. It should not have fallen apart

Reviewed June 11, 2020

Purchased this light up garden orb for our garden. It states waterproof for exterior use. Purchased it june 4th. Used the remote, set it on red for the strawberry moon. Looked nice however the next day the remote wouldn't turn off, then it wouldn't change color and just flickers. And it has only been three days. Cant get a refund from walmart. No response from BHG website. Total waste of money. From other reviews of their products stay away, spend a little more for better products.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2019

I purchased five boxes of Better Homes and Gardens Solar outdoor string lights. The cord from the solar panel is so short you cannot hang the lights. At best you can throw them in your yard next to the solar panel. Walmart would not give me a refund for this useless product and I am $72.64 out of pocket for a product I cannot use.

Better Homes & Gardens Company Information