1.53/5
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

79 Juno Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 29, 2015

I have used Juno as my first email since the mid-90's and still use it for most of my regular contacts. It is the only service for which I pay, for MegaMail at 5 Gig storage. I also have Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo, free with much larger storage, and NONE of the problems I get with Juno. One of my most important business contacts has to send me ordinary attachments in Word or PDF, and nearly half the time Juno shows it as "winmail.dat," which it won't open, so I forward it to Gmail or Outlook where I think only once or twice either of them had the same "winmail.dat" problem. Juno has no idea why their site does this so often.

More recently, my Inbox insists on displaying a random queue of emails scrambled chaotically over the years rather than the most current ones. I have to select manually the "date/time" display option with newest first, and there seems to be no option to keep that locked in as the setting, so at least once a day I have to manually reconfigure my Juno inbox. None of my other emails has ever done this.

Juno's tech advice was to remove all my shortcuts from my Firefox and Chrome browsers! I have to say that my little-used IE browser has no add-on bar, and I didn't experience this queue chaos with IE, but why should I have to give up the convenience of shortcut add-ons for favorite sites, or stick to IE just to have a basic email function-most recent emails- work properly? I am reluctant to ditch Juno given all the contacts I have accumulated over the past 20 years with that email who would need to be redirected. Has anyone else dealt with either of these ongoing problems?

Original review: July 29, 2015

Juno email is terrible. It keeps on crashing. Whether I use Google Chrome or IE, it loads up to 7 copies for all its advertising. As soon as I find a way to get all my emails off Juno, I'm switching to gmail.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 15, 2015

Are folks aware that Juno uses IE Explorer six or seven? When one goes on the Internet, they are advised that their browser is outdated & to upgrade? I am very satisfied with their features. I like the way they handle folders.

Original review: June 23, 2015

I have used Juno for email with no problems for 14 years now, except that it is still very slow. I know that the issue is not with my state of the art computer, as everything else on the net is super fast to load. I use the free service, so I can understand that there are no perks with that. But with the modern day technologies, shouldn't Juno at least be as fast as every other website or email service?

Original review: June 3, 2015

I have only had the FREE email since 2001. I was worried when I had to go to the web to be only able to pull up my email a few years ago. It is still free and I can access it when I am out of the country or just out of town. Yes I do get a lot of advertising in the background, but it is free. Yes it does limit me in how much I can store, but it is free. I still use this one for my close friends and family due to I've had it for so many years. But for my professional email I pay for it thru a modern up to date company. Juno does not have any bells or whistles BUT IT'S free and has been great! By the other reviews I am glad I never upgraded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Juno?

Original review: May 1, 2015

The juno.com service that I've used since the mid 90's has become impossibly slow and now even has audio commercials starting by themselves. But the service speed and constantly having to reload: disconnects from the internet constantly. Has become impossible to use.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2015

I've had Juno since '96 and have been mostly satisfied. However, I now pay $24.95 per year for Mega Mail, and I get more spam and phishing than ever. Their spam filters seem to be nonexistent. I will be actively changing my email notifications for bill paying purposes over to a different email client, then will finally close Juno.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I got Juno free and it's gone up to $12 a year. I want to have the service discontinued. It's through the telephone line and interferes with my connection. Last year they charged the renewal to my credit card. I have had my son, a friend and the computer repairman disconnect it, but it keeps creeping back in like a virus. When I try to send something from the Internet, it automatically goes to Juno as if it were my default. I want to have it stopped. What can I do?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2015

I created a Juno FREE email account when they very first came out with TV ads. I have gone from 0 dollars a month to a yearly fee PLUS $15.95 a month. I NEVER authorized this. The service has progressively become worse and slower over the recent years. It has cost me loss of income due to the fact I can't get emails out fast enough to make or accept bids for my business. I called and asked them to send me back to my old FREE service. They claim that is impossible to do. WHY??? Service is unreliable, customer service is uncooperative, and I lose emails, email history, and struggle with attachments. At times my service reverts to free service and my extras are discontinued. ALL my long standing business ads, website, etc. are under this email service so I can't change. Customer service will do nothing for me. DO NOT USE JUNO!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

My wife and I signed up for free Juno accounts in the mid-1990s when email was new (to us at least). Since then, for nearly 20 years, Juno has been the only email I use, and I am quite satisfied. As an attorney, pastor, military chaplain, author, and international speaker, I have used my Juno account all over the world and have had no problem with it. And I have never paid Juno one dime for my service, and Juno has never billed me for anything. I agree the ads are irritating and sometimes block part of the message, but I can deal with that in return for free email.

One rather minor frustration is that with free Juno, you can only send messages up to 10,000 KB, but for some reason, you can receive messages that are larger. This means these larger emails, some containing multiple family photos, are stuck in my stored messages as I can do nothing with them other than delete them. Because I tend to save a lot of email messages, I often finding myself riding close to the 1 GB storage limit and have to go through my past messages to delete them. During this time, I have talked with or emailed with Juno Customer Service or Tech Support maybe four or five times. The service I received ranged from very good to fair.

I am not an employee, officer, shareholder, or anything with Juno except a customer. I am sorry to read that so many people have had trouble with Juno and I don't doubt that they are telling the truth. I can only say that my experience has been mostly positive, and the same is true of other family members. Of course, the free Juno is the only email I have ever used, so I really have nothing to compare it with. Maybe I'm satisfied because my expectations have been too low.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

I have been with Juno since 1997 and they started in 1996. It was free then. It still should be unless you buy larger space for emails which I do something like 2.0. They have Mega Mail. Check your checking account statements as they withdraw money and perhaps overcharge. The customer service is non-existent. They want to charge $1.95 a minute. There are so many graphics and pop-ups, I cannot check my email or even send emails when I use my ASUS netbook. I get "non-responsive" and Juno keeps loading. Why are we paying for a service when they obviously charge advertisers? Mercedes Benz of Beverly Hills is paying Juno.

Since I cannot access my emails, I am discontinuing service. I will cancel any automatic charges. I thought it was a once a year fee of $11.50 and it better have been because no way will I pay over $100 for such lousy email service. For those who want to take them to Small Claims Court, the owner is listed in Brentwood. I will get his name and information and post to this site if I can find it again. DO NOT USE JUNO! Friends have told me for years, but I kept using out of habit. Will import to Gmail or Yahoo or Outlook Express. BYE JUNO.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2014

I have had Juno email since the 90's and I have had nothing but problems. I get numerous phishing emails, and some of which, in my opinion, have caused malware to infect my webmail account. I have contacted them to see if they could fix this problem, but so far I am not having any success. I really need the webmail account to work, so that I can access my important emails. Fortunately, I have two other accounts with email from Yahoo, and Microsoft. I have not had any problems with those email accounts. So perhaps Juno needs to consult with them so they can learn how to overcome this rampant phishing email problem. Otherwise Juno is a good service, and they have good articles on their website.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2014

After several internet communications with Juno, I learned that we must look at many advertisements to be able to access emails, move from one email to another and every other activity I make in JUNO email. While I understand that signing-in and moving through JUNO likely requires that I look at advertisements, it is extremely slow! I pay for their services monthly but yet I must look at these ads. I wonder if the advertisers should be contacted re this.

Original review: May 21, 2014

I have been a Juno subscriber since 2001 and a Juno MegaMail subscriber since 2010. Two days ago I opened my Juno account and found a message stating that all my e-mail--both inbox and sent mail--had been lost from Nov. 7, 2013 through May 17, 2014. This entailed about 2,000 emails, many of which had important information. I contacted Juno and was told that technical support cost $1.95/minute. I asked why I should have to pay, when Juno lost my e-mails. The person had no answer, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. After waiting a few minutes, I was connected to one, but could barely hear him. When I said that his voice was too faint to hear, he hung up. I am frustrated, helpless, and furious.

Original review: April 10, 2014

I send e-mails to Juno.com users, which they never receive. But I never get a notice that the e-mail was not received. This is very annoying. My friends and I have tried to find out why with no satisfaction. I would like to get to the bottom of this problem. Thanks.

Original review: March 8, 2014

I have been unable to send email to a Juno.com user for over a week now. After many hours of troubleshooting my own equipment, contacting my ISP and emailing Juno support about the problem, it seems Juno.com is blocking email from Hughesnet. A few minutes of searching the internet for similar problems indicates Juno tries to solve their internet email problems by blocking every ISP that might have sent some undesirable email to them. I'd like to suggest every ISP block Juno.com for a month or two and see how many customers Juno loses. Juno.com is the most unresponsive and unskilled support team I have ever seen.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2013

I initially set up service with Juno over the phone on July 11 2013. Right before the call ended I asked the representative do I need a phone line for service. They said yes. I said forget it then because I do not have a land line. They said "No worries, just don't activate the account when you receive the disc in the mail, etc and it will automatically cancel." They said that they have no record of the call since initial dial up set up phone calls are not recorded. Therefore, I was charged $17.90 since Aug. 11, 2013 until Dec. 11, 2013 for a service I never used. They refused to refund me the entire $89.50 and only gave me for Nov and Dec ($35.80).

When I asked to speak to a mgr after the supervisor "Melanie" would not budge, she said there is no mgr. She is the highest up. I told Melanie I will be going to small claims and Juno will be paying for the court fees and the remainder of my bill. Melanie wasn't happy about it! DON'T USE JUNO... they give you the runaround and steal your money and straight out lie about it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2013

I have been with Juno since the 90s for emails and the cost has constantly increased yet the service has decreased. Recently they have started letting advertisers pop up loud commercials at anytime. I have popup set on my computer yet these messages get through. When I contacted Juno, first person could not understand my phone number and said poor connection, yes it is hard to understand when the connection is a tin can to India and the person can't understand English. Then he gives me another number to call, call this number and they explain that I have to contact via email to get an answer, which I already have without response. If I want to speak to a person, the cost is $1.95 a minute. RUN FROM any dealings with this company, do not sign up with them. The company is in financial trouble and selling your email address to anyone.

Original review: July 31, 2013

I got dial-up and Juno insisted on taking the money from my checking account, then billed me twice. Juno would not remove charge. My bank did as a courtesy. I have never let another company bill my account since. I have my online bill pay or use my credit card for online purchases as credit card protection is available.

Original review: June 24, 2013

Juno has the worst customer service I have experienced in quite some time. I was calling for my mom who couldn't access her email because the loading icon never went away. She could see that there was new email, and all of the pop up ads showed, but she couldn't access her contacts or read her email. She informed me she couldn't talk to someone because she would have to pay $1.95 per minute! I think that is ridiculous. She also told me she was able to email Tech Support about the problem, but obviously she can't see the response because she can't read her email. My mom was a Juno internet user for years until about 6 months ago when she cancelled her service and switched to their free email.

I called to see what I could do. I spent 40 min. on the phone being transferred between Customer Service and Technical Support. I talked to five different people and never got the problem fixed. I was told her account was inactive because she probably didn't access it for 16 days and she needed to reactivate her account. I corrected him as my mom had just checked her email a few days prior. Then, I was transferred to Tech Support. I was told by another person it was an internet issue. Again I had to correct them. It is obvious this is a Juno email issue. Everyone said that if my mom signed up for the paid email, they could help her. Finally, a different person gave me a website that will help my mom switch email providers stating that will solve her email problem. Yes, you read that right. The solution provided was to switch email providers. The company doesn't care about its customers or the service it provides. So now my mom has lost all of her contacts and saved emails because Juno couldn't possibly know how to fix this issue. I am beyond frustrated and irritated with this situation. I will never recommend Juno to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

I attempted to set up DSL service for my aunt. After spending 2 hours on phone with technical support people, they could not get the service to work. They blamed the problem on in-house phone wiring. Charged monthly fees and still charged termination fee of $150. They would not waive the termination fee even though they never provided service. The support was awful and customer service was not helpful; would not return calls to resolve problem. I would not recommend Juno to anyone.

Original review: July 19, 2012

I cancelled my Juno account on July 12, 2012. Then six days later, they withdrew $25.00 from my account without my permission. I suspect there is no way to get the money returned so that makes them thieves in my opinion. I spent $40.90 for one month of the very worst service that could be provided. Don't make my mistake by trusting these people!

Original review: March 18, 2012

I do not have you on my computer and I cannot do anything with your services. However, you have billed me for three months of service I don't have and no way to get.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2011

They charged me for stuff that was supposed to be free and from get-go knew my home phone number. Once I received all their discs and etcetera, they told me that my number was not accessible through them but for 20 dollars more, they could give me an 800 number that would work and my monthly payments would’ve gone from $7.45 per month to $27.45 per month until after the 1st 3 months then $34.95 per month after that. Now, this is dial-up internet. I was furious. They disconnected from me twice, once when I was trying to install their program and again when I was trying to uninstall. Never ever go with Juno. They lie and take your money.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2011

First off, everything was supposed to be free. Surprise, a charge off $11.97 showed up on my bill before I even got started. It should’ve been a red flag. They had my access number from day 1. I was on phone the 1st time for approximately 6 hours. One rep hung up on me half way through installing the program. On the second night, I still could not access internet. I called and was transferred from person to person till they finally told me my access number was not available to them. But for a mere 20 bucks more a month, they could give me a 800 and then I would be good to go. I canceled services that night and still have not received any of my money back. My rating for Juno is run as fast as you can to any other internet service.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2010

I received an e-mail from Juno and they stated they would be raising the price of the internet service by $2.00. However, I do not have a computer at home and I have not used Juno in over 3 years! I wouldn't even know what my ID or Password would be. I replied to the e-mail and stated that they needed to cancel this. They could not even have the correct expiration date for the credit card I might have used over 3 years ago!

Their reply was that I needed to provide some personal information to verify my account. I have not even used Juno since 2006! I never signed up for renewing my account and now they want to charge me again! I see a lot of other people have tried to cancel their account and have had trouble. This is ridiculous. Some of these complaints are back in 2008. Why are they still in business?

Original review: July 6, 2010

I received a collection letter from the above listed company and don't know this company and have never had any dealings with such company. I tried to call the listed number but unable to speak to a person, there is only a recorded message. I do not want this to go on my credit as a collection account for this bogus bill. I sent a demand letter to the company directly to adjust this bogus bill, but have had no response. There has been no consequences as of yet, that is what I am trying to avoid.

Original review: March 1, 2010

To: Anyone, anywhere that gives a hoot at juno.com.

Last Friday, I called with two problems, one personal and the other a problem you created.

1) My password disappeared from the log in box. The password was automatic since I first started using Juno in 2004, I had forgotten my password and needed help in remembering it.

2) I was on Juno 3/24/2009 and 11/14/2009 and a message popped up telling me Juno was doing something to my account. Next time I went into Juno, I found that you had emptied all of my files even the deleted file and dumped them all into the following:

Restored: 3/24/2009 (5345 unread) this same thing happened again.

Restored: 11/14/2009 (42)

There was no way I had time to sort through 5387 messages and put them back into the folders I had created. Last Friday, I spent over 5 hours trying to bring both problems to your attention. I called all your telephone numbers and no one answered. I finally after numerous attempts to get a hold of you I got through and decided to cancel Juno.

Of course, your retention department went through their script. They finally connected me to the tech department in India. I first talked to Peter, he helped me with the password problem. Had no clue regarding the second problem. I asked to speak to a supervisor, Ethan, it took a long time to explain problem number two (above).

Finally, he said he would need to get with a few techies around a table and find out what happened. He asked if he could call back within 30 minutes if they resolved the problem. I asked him to give me an hour, if it couldn't be resolved within 30 minutes to an hour. He asked me what time he could call me back the next day. I told him anytime after 9AM. No one called instead of call your people, e-mail me 5 or so times with generic messages that are absolutely useless to me. So here we are, problem number 2 has gone unexplained and unsolved. I still have 5387 messages that were dumped in an restored unread file. I have come away from this experience with the following:

1) It is impossible to reach you by telephone and/or e-mail, see my first sentence above. Five hours, count them...my time is just as valuable as your time.
2) I am sure the people in India are brilliant. However, they cannot incorporate simple English phrases into their basic understanding faculty. There is a big difference between being brilliant and understanding.
3) On 1 to 10, I rating scale Juno as a service company rates 0, yes, I said zero.
4) On A 1 to 10, I rating scale your customer service rates 0, yes, I said zero.
5) On a 1 to 10 rating, I rate your promise keeping 0, yes, I said zero.

6) On a 1 to 10 rating scale, I rate your problem solving maybe 1/2 not even 1.

Bottom line problem number 2 (above) remains unresolved. Please forward this correspondence on to Mark R. **, Charles B. **, Robert **, Jeremy **, Paul E. **, Steven B. **, Frederic A. ** Jr., Scott H. **, Robert J. **. They need to know what is transpiring in the company they are running.

I will be cancelling Juno in the near future but before I do that I need to transfer information to a thumb hard drive. Here goes another 45 minutes down the drain.

P.S. Do not under any circumstances send me another non productive, information lacking email!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2009

I called Juno to cancel my Internet service as I no longer needed their service. After answering the agent's question of why, I was told the service would be continued for free for one month as a back up service and thereafter at half price monthly as a back up service. I was not offered. I was told that would happen. I told the agent two more times I wanted to totally cancel and did not want to call again to cancel their "backup" service. The agent then agreed to totally cancel. I spoke to a supervisor and was told my concern for the high pressure like continued backup service would be looked into. I also asked that I be given credit for the remaining 27 days of the advance monthly payment, but was told it was not part of Juno's policy.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2009

I noticed that Juno.com had been billing my non-existent credit card (I only have a credit at this bank - the card was chopped up years ago). When I complained, they informed me that they would credit 2 of 3 months that they have charged. They told me that someone (who had an email account with them) had signed up in April. Somehow, they charged my card without an expiration date or security code. They refuse to credit my card and I have to go through the bank.

Juno Company Information