Fast Free Quotes

Hanover Auto Insurance
1.92/5

Hanover Auto Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Hanover Auto Insurance sells auto insurance policies through local, independent agents. The company is a verified InsuraMatch carrier, so you can get a quote from Hanover and compare it to other companies by calling InsuraMatch. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Hanover Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2018

Hanover Auto Insurance is the best insurance that I ever had in a while and also is cheap in many ways. Also, they give money back if you are with them for a year with no accident. The coverage is absolutely amazing in a good way and is a quality brand of insurance for me and my family. I recommend it to family and friends too.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My overall experience with finding the best auto insurance policy was not very fun as the ones who are reasonably priced tend to not cover as much with a long wait for returns if involved in any accidents. I love how fast Hanover Insurance Company caters to their customers needs especially when involved in a car accident. They have an estimate done with your vehicle ready within 2 weeks time. But I would change the five years that they go back on your driving history and the very high price ranges that they offer.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Hanover Auto Insurance is very affordable and covers everything I need especially when I was involved in an accident last year. They have fantastic employees that are very very understanding. They have always been willing to work with my husband and I. So far I've had a great experience.

Original review: April 28, 2018

They are the best company I have ever used. Purchasing my insurance was super easy. I looked at several price comparisons through multiple websites. I was recommended to my insurance agent by my dad. I contacted my agent and I was able to get a quote for everything by email while at work. It was super fast, convenient, and affordable. Also, he was able to bundle my auto and homeowners for a substantial discount while still having some of the best coverage available. On the other hand, I dislike that they rarely contact me to check in.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Hanover doesn't raise the price on insurance and they down on the payment every year. They are perfect in every way. My overall experience with them has been wonderful. I've been dealing with Hanover for years. I love this company and no one can get me to switch companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hanover?

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've had Hanover Auto Insurance since I was 18. It was a very small company at the beginning and they have been very friendly since then. Also, they know us all. I have never had a car accident... but every time I have a question they are more than happy to answer. I wish was cheaper... but since I've had this insurance for so long I don't know any better. I'm afraid of changing base on the good service we always get. I keep renewing... Everyone in my family has this company. It started with my In laws and then they have passed to their kids... now me. I guarantee you that my kids are going to use the same insurance.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I like my agent at Hanover Auto Insurance a lot, they are in town and easy to get to. Also partnered with local banks and have friendly staff members and they are a common name that most people recognize in the community. They are quick too about getting coverage set up and cards sent out. However, their pricing could always be better - as with anything in business. Also, they could improve their contact procedures, the amount of info they mail and the amount of paper they use - lots of trees could be saved. But they are fine overall. Not perfect by any means but still a good company with competitive rates. Great as a one stop shop for all insurance needs.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Was reared ended by Hanover insurance driver. Totalled my truck. From the day I filed a claim was treated like total **. Was told they were only given salvage value for my truck. Still fighting with these **. The biggest crooks in the business. Stay away and hope one of their drivers don't hit you. ** you Hanover Insurance. Burn in hell.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have nothing good to say about Hanover Citizens insurance. I have had to beg to get my medical bills taken care of by Hanover. The car accident I was in was not my fault and yet I have been made to feel like a liar. I had surgery on my shoulder after many months of physical therapy. Hanover made me go to an appointment with a Dr. Casey **. He was not the nicest person to begin with then he wrote a report full of lies. Long story short they are refusing to pay. I'm stuck with less great credit because they took so long reviewing my claim (over three months!). These guys are just crooks. We have been with them for 15 years and this is how they treat their customers. Run and don't look back. They give insurance companies a bad name.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I was in an accident. The other party has Hanover Insurance. I was not at fault. Claims adjuster (Johnny **) claims I was fault that I didn't follow the rules of the road. According to their investigation that the other party’s not at fault, that I hit her, that they weren't going to pay for damages to my car. Had to get police report which states she was at fault for improper lane change. Still waiting a month later to get my car fixed and for them to re-reviewing the claim after sending the police report that clearly states who was at fault (not me). Very rude, ignorant adjuster. Worst insurance company to deal with and they don't return phone calls. Had to go through my insurance to deal with them.

Hanover Auto Insurance Company Information