Find a Car Insurance partner

Hanover Auto Insurance

Hanover Auto Insurance

1.9/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Car Insurance partner

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

About Hanover Auto Insurance

The Hanover offers standard and specialized car insurance coverage throughout 28 states. The company operates through a network of independent agents and brokers and specializes in classic car coverage. It has newer car replacement options, as well as multicar and safe driving discounts.

Pros

• Multicar and safe driving discounts
  • Customizable policies
  • Newer car replacement coverage

Cons

• Pricier than competitors
  • No pricing online

Bottom Line

The Hanover offers customized auto coverage for classic cars with agreed-upon replacement values. It provides discounts for safe driving and policy bundles. The company doesn’t offer quotes online, but its coverage can be pricey.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Hanover Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hanover Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hanover?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My vehicle was totaled by Hanover Ins. I had the worst experience with them between them not returning phone calls and getting a reasonable settlement with them. Took me 4 months to get a check out of them and it was for less than what my vehicle was worth. I talk to three other insurance company appraisers and they all said I should have received 1000.00 more dollars. My vehicle was an older vehicle. I have a newer vehicle also insured with them so I asked them if the newer vehicle got totaled what would they offer me, they said they could tell me any amount unless it was totaled. I am not with them anymore because I think if my newer vehicle was totaled it would have been many thousands of dollars less than what book value is. This insurance company doesn't want to pay for any claims. I would have not giving any stars.

Original review: May 14, 2018

A Hanover Insurance customer hit me when I was stopped in traffic, pushing me into another car pushing that car into another car. Today has been 3 weeks! Police report and all driver accounts are consistent. Their driver admitted on scene he was the only one moving! One driver at fault. Meg/Margaret ** still has not admitted liability except for the back of my van which totaled it. Jeremy ** our car adjuster offered me over a thousand less than we could ever hope to replace our car with and I was devastated. I spent all weekend sending current cars for sale with the closest example 1400 more than they offered me. Jeremy ** then offered 400 more which just seemed terrible that he was willing to raise it after I fussed... why not before because it is the right thing to do? I told him I needed more.

I told Jeremy if he has for sale ads of my old vehicle for what he was offering that I would jump all over buying the same car w his money. What he did next blew my mind. Jeremy showed me their system of finding the value. He has to find ONE single car for sale (which they never show you the actual car) to use as the example and then rip your car's condition apart lowering the amount. They deducted for soiled carpet but never told us they were checking any of it. They took over 200 off for a rust spot. The truth is even without any deductions they were 1400 less than we deserved.

We begged for a rental just to work. Meg would NOT agree to an upgrade with enough seats for our needs/job. She made us wait until Enterprise scoured their locations and found us an 8 passenger minivan. They showed us the professionalism and respect we should have gotten from Hanover. We DO NOT want to get an attorney but every day it seems more likely. We met w an attorney who estimated 1500 more in just our car value going through him. We just wanted to replace our car that was hit by their client. No one was asking for spending money and a trip to Mexico.

I have no idea why I believe this can be settled without fighting w lawyers! Is it so hard to give back what we had? Other victims in the wreck say that Hanover had the rudest people they had ever met talking with them. They also said they were offered much less than their vehicles were worth. And to top it all off, the young guy who hit us and walked around saying how sorry he was? He had a brand new car 5 days after the accident and posted it on Facebook. We didn't even get a rental until after 2 weeks. Why is this allowed? We pay insurance so much money and yet they can treat hardworking families this way! We have traveled 240 plus miles looking for another van, missed photography jobs and work because of the fault on ONE person and Hanover doesn't care. When will something change??? If anyone had any advice we would love to hear it!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I like my agent at Hanover Auto Insurance a lot, they are in town and easy to get to. Also partnered with local banks and have friendly staff members and they are a common name that most people recognize in the community. They are quick too about getting coverage set up and cards sent out. However, their pricing could always be better - as with anything in business. Also, they could improve their contact procedures, the amount of info they mail and the amount of paper they use - lots of trees could be saved. But they are fine overall. Not perfect by any means but still a good company with competitive rates. Great as a one stop shop for all insurance needs.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've had Hanover Auto Insurance since I was 18. It was a very small company at the beginning and they have been very friendly since then. Also, they know us all. I have never had a car accident... but every time I have a question they are more than happy to answer. I wish was cheaper... but since I've had this insurance for so long I don't know any better. I'm afraid of changing base on the good service we always get. I keep renewing... Everyone in my family has this company. It started with my In laws and then they have passed to their kids... now me. I guarantee you that my kids are going to use the same insurance.

Original review: April 28, 2018

They are the best company I have ever used. Purchasing my insurance was super easy. I looked at several price comparisons through multiple websites. I was recommended to my insurance agent by my dad. I contacted my agent and I was able to get a quote for everything by email while at work. It was super fast, convenient, and affordable. Also, he was able to bundle my auto and homeowners for a substantial discount while still having some of the best coverage available. On the other hand, I dislike that they rarely contact me to check in.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My overall experience with finding the best auto insurance policy was not very fun as the ones who are reasonably priced tend to not cover as much with a long wait for returns if involved in any accidents. I love how fast Hanover Insurance Company caters to their customers needs especially when involved in a car accident. They have an estimate done with your vehicle ready within 2 weeks time. But I would change the five years that they go back on your driving history and the very high price ranges that they offer.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Setting up my insurance policy with Hanover was quick and I was able to set it up before going into work! As soon as it was processed, the car dealership got a fax immediately. When I had to file an insurance claim, their customer service was friendly and the process was started in minutes. They get to the point because they're eager to help. The thing I've benefited from most was the Loss of Use coverage. However, when I set up my insurance policy, I wish I would have had more details on what it entailed. I knew the price was in my range but all I knew I had was a full coverage insurance. I wish I would have been informed about my deductible and what is actually covered in my policy instead of crossing my fingers when I call with an issue. Although I wasn't very well informed of what my policy entailed, I was very well taken care of. Having a good experience with the insurance company helped make a great experience for buying my car!

Original review: April 25, 2018

Utilizing the automatic payment at Hanover Auto Insurance was easy and nice to receive a small discount for going paperless. The email correspondence was convenient when initially setting up the insurance. Being able to print proof of insurance immediately was also convenient. I used an insurance broker to help make the decision. They helped with all the paperwork and finding the best policy for my needs. An improvement though would making the billing a little more detailed as to what the charges mean and are for. Wish emails were sent out to remind when a payment is due.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Hanover doesn't raise the price on insurance and they down on the payment every year. They are perfect in every way. My overall experience with them has been wonderful. I've been dealing with Hanover for years. I love this company and no one can get me to switch companies.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Hanover Auto Insurance is very affordable and covers everything I need especially when I was involved in an accident last year. They have fantastic employees that are very very understanding. They have always been willing to work with my husband and I. So far I've had a great experience.

Hanover Auto Insurance Company Information