Sherman Oaks, CA

4.7/5 (47 ratings)
Compare Quotes  on Quotewizard

About Freeway Insurance

Freeway Insurance is a broker that offers multiple types of auto insurance coverage, including SR-22 policies. The company provides low-cost insurance and easy online access to coverage. Freeway’s customer service representatives speak both Spanish and English, and the company has insurance options for high-risk drivers.

Pros

• Serves Spanish and English speakers
  • Compares various providers
  • Covers high-risk drivers

Cons

• Poor customer reviews
  • High brokerage fees

Bottom Line

Freeway is a car insurance brokerage company. It offers a variety of coverage and specializes in affordable policies for high-risk drivers. Its customer reviews are largely poor, with claims of hidden fees.

Freeway Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freeway Insurance?

Original review: June 10, 2022

Freeway Insurance was the cheapest one, so I went with them. The rep knew everything. She asked me if I wanted a $500 deductible or $1,000 deductible, and if I wanted rental or towing. I told her to sign me up for everything because I needed everything. Excellent customer service. I got everything that I wanted.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Susana, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 9, 2022

I like my experience with Freeway Insurance so far. The price that I got with them is the best that I've encountered. Also, their reps were pleasant. They answered all my questions. I have to have an SR-22, so I had them check a couple of different rates, and they were very helpful. I'm very pleased with the service. And I'm glad that they are here.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Heather, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 8, 2022

I used Progressive, but they were too expensive. Freeway is way cheaper. The reps were knowledgeable and it was very quick to get the policy started. I just had to pay the first month.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Adrian, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I work in Cove and there’s a place right up the road where I go to every time to pay the insurance. It’s not even five minutes up the road from when I get off work. There’s also been a few times when I called a number and paid it. The bill would come in the mail and there’s a number on there. I can call it with a debit card, but they charge a bit more. I've had no issues with each one of the ladies that I go to to pay the insurance, or even when I call the number and pay it. The only bad thing about Freeway Insurance is if I go to add something on and I get a quote, I need to do it that day. It’s crazy.

Three days before I got my new pickup, I got a quote of how much it would be to add the insurance on and take the other one off another truck that I sold and traded in. Three days later, I went in, thinking it was the same amount, and it was close to $50 more. I was told that it fluctuates every day. Today, I can call them, get a quote, give them a VIN number and say, “Okay, this is what I bought, and I want to add it. But I’m not gonna add it until tomorrow. I need a quote of what it’s gonna be.” They’ll give me a quote and say, “Okay, it’s gonna be this much. But tomorrow, it could change.” The amount may be lower or higher, and it makes no sense.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Glenn, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime! Freeway appreciates the feedback and please email us if you need assistance regarding a change.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I needed liability and something quick, easy, standard, and least expensive, and Freeway Insurance was the one that did it for me. I did everything online, then I called them after I finished to make sure that everything was in order. I needed ID cards, and I waited 10 minutes, which was nothing. It was really simple, and the bonus is there's a local office in town. Overall, everything was fantastic, and it was so much better. Also, everything was sent online, which was very convenient. My packet was very readable too. I'm very happy.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Tammy, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: June 5, 2022

Hector and Maria Elena from Freeway Insurance were very professional, polite, and knowledgeable. Hector was the agent who took care of me, while Maria Elena was the lady before him. They were so excellent, which is why I choose Freeway.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Edwin, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Thanks for helping spread the word about Freeway and let us know of your experience with Hector and Maria. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 4, 2022

The initial call was very positive and the agent was great. I was impressed with his skill and knowledge.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Dezeri, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: June 3, 2022

I had Freeway before, and I stayed with them because they were reasonable with their prices. The plan options are also good, and customer service was really good as well. The rep helped me right away.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Ashley, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 2, 2022

The customer service guy was real good in telling me the different prices. He was very helpful, and overall, I liked the prices. I got a lot of bills and I was looking for a cheap price, so it was convenient. I've only been with Freeway Insurance for a bit, but the service has been fine.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Brenda, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: June 1, 2022

The rep walked me through everything. He explained everything. He was real good about it. I feel great about the coverage. I wish it could be cheaper, but I know it can't be. It is what it is.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Robert, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 31, 2022

The experience was good when I signed up. It went through, and every person I encountered through the way was very to the point, courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. They did a good job. The coverage also fit what I need, and the service has been fine so far.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Brandon, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. We will share this with the team to let them know to keep up the amazing work!

Original review: May 30, 2022

Van our agent helped us a lot and was so professional. He came up with the most affordable quote according to our needs. Everything was set up online. This is a legit agency based in Fresno CA. Low cost with the basic coverage.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Don, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 30, 2022

It was a very easy, efficient and smooth process, which took me 15 minutes, and the coverage is great. It meets my needs. If somebody asked me and said they were looking for insurance, I'd recommend Freeway Insurance.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Ronald, thank you so much for your 5-star review! Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 29, 2022

Freeway Insurance is cheaper than State Farm, and the signup process was so easy. It didn’t even take me 30 minutes. I love the reps. Also, I got full coverage, and I'm good with it.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Gybraham, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. We will share this with the store team to let them know to keep up the amazing work. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 28, 2022

My experience was good. It wasn't easy to find me a quote within my budget, especially within my area since there's a lot of accidents, but the rep was very patient and got me what I needed.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Jarette, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 27, 2022

Great service representative was very helpful of my needs. He gave me many opportunities to ask question and that gave me the different quotes that were available to me and explained each one, it really helped me. Thank you again for the great service.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Mark, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 27, 2022

I added a vehicle for liability along with full coverage on my current vehicle, still saved me $50 dollars a month, than my current provider! Person I spoke with was friendly and informative! I did recommend it to my friends!

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Lauren, thank you so much for your 4-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 27, 2022

The rep helped me into what I needed at the time being, and he was good. I'm always great with Freeway Insurance. I had them in the past too, and I already recommended them to people.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Sebastian, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the store team to let them know to keep up the amazing work. Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 26, 2022

The rep was really helpful. The coverage is working. I appreciate them letting me pay what I had to pay and let me pay the rest later on and shoot my paperwork through.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Jeremy, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 21, 2022

I'm good with how Freeway Insurance treated me. The reps did a good job.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Magdalena, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best offer with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 19, 2022

Freeway was convenient and their price is within my price range. The coverage was great. I like it.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Tasha, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 14, 2022

The agent that helped me was amazing. She answered all of my questions and was able to get my policy started right away. She made sure that I received all of the discounts that I was eligible for. This was one of the best customer service experiences I have had with an insurance company in a very long time.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Eric, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love hearing about how Freeway helped you find the best price for car insurance. We also appreciate the time you took to let us know about your excellent experience. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 12, 2022

They give me really good prices. I'm happy because when I need something about the auto insurance, I receive the help with Freeway. The rep was explained all the points. He was perfect. They could have more employees like him.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Jose, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 11, 2022

Setting up my service was better than everything else I had. The rep had the patience to find the right coverage for me. Everybody else was not affordable. He went out of his way to find me something affordable.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Cedric, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We will share this with the store team to let them know to keep up the amazing work. Freeway is always here for you and we love hearing about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 10, 2022

We've had Freeway for 13 years, but we've been off and on with them. The coverage, we definitely like the price range. It works with our liability insurance. So, that's why we always go with them. Also, their friendly customer service is great. I like Freeway very much.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Christina, we are so grateful for your 5-star review. Thanks for sharing your experience with us over all these years! Freeway appreciates you and we are happy to have you as customer. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 8, 2022

The agent was very friendly. Freeway Insurance offered a general coverage. It was in the price range of everybody else, but a bit less.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Constantinos, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Nyasia Christina ** was knowledgeable about her product and pleasant to speak with. I would rate her a ten if you were my employee and we would refer her company to a friend. Thank you very much. Have a great day. My experience was great. Thank you.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello DeWayne, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love to hear from our customers. Freeway appreciates the time you took to let us know about your experience with Nyasia. We will let the office know about her excellent assistance. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 7, 2022

Three years ago, I signed up with Freeway Insurance. It was in St. Pete on 34th Street. And next thing I knew, my insurance was cancelled, and the company was gone. It was weird. So, I happened to call back into Freeway and found the one on East Bay in Largo, and went to them and signed up. Everything has been good.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Michael, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best offer with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Me and my Husband are very happy with our new policy, we have a cheaper rate. We love it and the agent was very helpful and answered all my questions very good spirit and friendly. The Agent went above and beyond, she compared rates and got me and my Husband a very reasonable rate, that we can afford.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Janetta, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We love to hear from our customers. Freeway appreciates the time you took to let us know about your experience. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Freeway Insurance was nice and had good customer service. Also, signing up was quick and easy. I liked it. I got the six months for the price I wanted.

Freeway Insurance response

Hello Rigoberto, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so glad you found the best price with Freeway. Thanks for helping spread the word about us. We really appreciate you as a customer and we're here for you anytime!

Freeway Insurance Company Information