Find a Travel Insurance partner

2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

3.9/5 (132 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About APRIL Travel Protection

APRIL Travel Protection makes travel insurance simple. Whether you are looking for single trip plans, multi trip plans, or trip cancellation plans, the team at APRIL Travel Protection is ready to assist you. Contact us today to get a quote or to learn more about our service!

APRIL Travel Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APRIL Travel Protection?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about APRIL Travel Protection?

Original review: April 6, 2020

I have been trying to reach three departments in April Travel since 3/13, hoping to at least receive a response from one. No response from any department! I have a policy for March and October with them, very, very disappointed! We travel frequently and will not use this agency again due to poor customer service.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I purchased travel insurance with April Insurance last summer 2019 when I booked my flights to the Philippines for travel in April 2020. Korean Airlines was my international carrier to Cebu. The Philippines government issued a "lockdown" on Cebu banning international flights. Korean Air re-routed my trip to and from Bangkok, which was useless, so I cancelled the flights. Korean offered to rebook if I made a reservation before June 30, 2020 for a trip to take place by July 30, 2020. Useless!!! The customer service agent I spoke to at April Insurance informed me that I was ineligible for a claim because it was due to the coronavirus. Are you kidding me?!?! Don't purchase travel insurance from this group! Our government should look into insurance companies who are using the coronavirus as an excuse to avoid claims.

APRIL Travel Protection response

We're sorry that you were dissatisfied with the coverage on your plan. Unfortunately, Pandemics are an exclusion in mostly every travel insurance policy throughout the world. If you Google the topic, you'll find this to be true.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

APRIL Travel Protection

Original review: March 24, 2020

I bought a travel protection insurance policy from April twice. The first time was back in October of 2019 and now just recent March of 2020. I’ve never had to call them for a claim until recently when my flight was interrupted and canceled, not my fault. So I have to purchase a new airline ticket with another airline, come to find out even though The summary of my benefits clearly states that it covers trip cancellation and trip interruptions I was told no when I called. Because it is due to the coronavirus. The customer service rep then explain to me that it’s clearly on their website. I’ve never seen this on their website and I personally feel that April is misleading their customer by not telling them about this. All I ask is for a refund on the policy that I paid for that is useless. There’s a difference between companies that care about their customers and those that don’t. Guess which one you are April.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Do not buy this insurance. Trying to reach them for 3 days. They don't answer emails and don't call back and they don't take claims online. I got sick and can't go plus one of our flight was canceled. Send like 5 emails no respond. Tried phone - no luck either. Look for other insurance. Do not buy this one.

Tatiana,

Please let us know your policy # so we can help you. We do have online claims & just need to get you initiated with that process. Please excuse any delays you've experienced in call or email responses as our industry has been going through an unprecedented increase in service requests due to the Coronavirus.

Thanks,

Claims Manager

Original review: March 11, 2020

I just called to confirm coverage for an upcoming trip since the Coronavirus is big right now. They removed the cancellation coverage from their site and said no we will be out of the money if we have to cancel. I bought coverage since we are going across the country costing us about $7,000.00 for my trip. If we can't go we're screwed out of our money even though we purchased 100% cancellation coverage policy. SAVE YOUR MONEY THIS IS A SCAM!!

APRIL Travel Protection response

Our nation was made aware of the COVID-19 in January 2020 and the travel insurance industry announced this to be a known event on January 22, 2020. Typical of nearly every travel insurance policy available in the U.S., Pandemics are listed as an exclusion in the plan Mrs. Gedling bought. Purchasing a policy after the known event date for COVID-19 of January 22nd (coupled with the pandemic exclusion) means that benefits will not apply to issues arising from that virus/pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Honestly I thought paying extra for this coverage was going to make it easy to get my money back... NOPE. I paid for this insurance to cover a ticket for Countdown which is a festival and a couple days before the event I got a grade 3 torn hamstring. Of course they asked for signed documents which I got emailed to me from my doctor. So I forwarded them the email and because it seemed fake they didn’t want to accept it. Just because the medical facility didn’t have a website. The note had my doctors email, phone number and address and yet that was enough. Don’t buy this insurance ever! Here I am stuck at home in crutches with over a hundred dollars less in my pocket.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

DO NOT USE THIS TRAVEL INSURANCE COMPANY! While traveling in South Africa, I became extremely sick during the first layover of my return and was not able to board the plane. As such, I was stuck in the Johannesburg airport and rushed to a local doctor. I called April Insurance from the hospital, and an employee told me "it would be covered and I would be given an amount to cover expenses during the time of my trip interruption".

I uploaded receipts from the doctor's office as soon as I returned to America, at which 10 weeks after doing so my claim was denied. I have tried to call each adjuster assigned to my case over 15x times, emailed, and to inquire about my claim and no one will respond, call me back, or get in touch. I absolutely no not advise ANYONE to use this insurance company.

APRIL Travel Protection response

We're so sorry to hear of Kelsi’s illness while in S.Africa & apologize for the negative experience she has had with the claims process. We appreciate her feedback and continually use these moments to improve the customer service experience. We had the opportunity to speak at length with Kelsi and will be working together to gather the additional documents needed for one claim & will file an Appeal to the denial for the other. She's in agreement with this plan.

Claims Manager

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I paid extra to cover my trip cancellation for any reason. I had to re book my flight due to some reasons which caused interruption fee from the airlines. From the policy documents instead of cancelling, if changed my flight trip interruption is covered under the cancellation which is now they are saying cancellation and cancellation for any reason is not the same which does not make sense to me.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Hurricane Dorain caused our cruise to be shortened from a 6 to 3 day cruise and subsequently the canceling of 3 port of calls. We are being told that because we still had 3 days of the cruise, they would only pay for a subset of the insured policy hiding behind calling it a "travel delay" so they do not have to fully pay. The offer was for less than the cost of our food and lodging for the 3 days while waiting to board the ship.

They also would not cover the 3 missed port of calls even though the policy specifically states they would. They claimed that because Carnival offered all passengers a future cruise credit, they would not reimburse for that and if we wanted to collect this, we would have to wait a year until the future cruise credit expired then get documented paperwork from Carnival showing we did not use it. Only then would they pay as the policy clearly shows they should. Despite my best effort, none of my creditors will accept future payment promises and simply laugh when I tell them that's how I plan to pay. It took over a month and 7 voicemails to get this far. I have filed a complaint with the Florida Insurance Commission and hope others do the same.

Right from their policy documentation: "MISSED PORT OF CALL COVERAGE. If you are a passenger on a regularly scheduled ship registered to carry passengers (not including vessels owned by you or your Traveling Companion) and an itinerary change occurs after departure on your cruise causing the ship to miss a Port Of Call, we will pay you up to the amount in the Schedule per missed Port Of Call. Missed Port Of Call must be caused by or result from: a. natural disaster; b. adverse weather; c. hijacking; d. unannounced strike; e. a civil disorder; f. mechanical breakdown; g. a Terrorist Act."

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

This source does NOT refund money for not being able to attend. Do not let this fool you. The only circumstances it covers is extreme sickness, work conditions, or family conditions. You need proof to get refunds on the things you purchase through them. My girlfriend and I had some family issues that came up and I wasn't allowed to refund the tickets. I wasted $250 on an event I assumed was covered. My fault for assuming that, but so lame that there isn't a service to protect you against issues that you might not be able to get a "professional's" note from. I will no longer be purchasing these tickets. This product isn't full insurance, it's only for doctor notes and work layoffs. The likelihood of something like this to happen to get that refund isn't worth the risk of losing all that money you paid for on the event.

APRIL Travel Protection Company Information